What are Financial Cents users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Financial Cents software through verified user reviews

• icon"Clients can get reminded for task they need to complete and they can upload right into the software without setting up a login for themselves. I am super excited about this feature."
  • icon"The set up was seamless, quick, and painless. I love that I can do time tracking and also record the conversations we have with a client."
  • icon"Easy to setup workflow, videos to help with implementation, recurring tasks with estimated hours so we can compare actual time spent, time tracking. Support is awesome - quick to respond."
  • icon"It is a challenge for us that the Task View in the workflow has tasks that are not ready to be completed."
  • icon"Thus confusing the client before we even get to work on them."
  • icon"Really haven't found anything that I dislike at this point."

Browse all Financial Cents Reviews

• Have you used Financial Cents and would like to share your experience with others?

Jessica

February 2022

A valuable tool so nothing will fall through the cracks

To good to keep a secret.

It does not take a full time person to keep it up to date. Actually each user keeps their own work up to date and an administrator only jumps in to work on missed due dates.

Pros

Built in videos that walk you through each section of the program.

Cons

We hesitated to write a review because this program is such a boon to our accounting practice we did not want knowledge of it to leak out to other accounting practices.

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

Financial Cents has a fresh, modern UI and very intuitive processes, whereas the two alternatives are dated and require a full time administrator which we could not spare. It does focus on accounting firms that still bill by the hour versus the newer value based pricing model, however.

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

Nutshell is a Sales oriented CRM. Due to its task assignment features and internal communications facilities it served us very well for some time. We were reluctant to go with either of the two legacy programs, but when Financial Cents arrived we immediately transferred our client base over through a very easy to use integration with QuickBooks Online and we haven't looked back.

Jessica

A valuable tool so nothing will fall through the cracks

There are clear and helpful instructions to get started, customer service is very responsive and while there are some things that I don't like, I see how they are actually improving the app and expect it to get better.

Pros

It didn't take me long to get started using it once my templates were configured. It's very easy to customize each project for my needs and set it to recur automatically. It has become a valuable tool since the first day I used it with a client project. The workflow view is very helpful and the capacity management feature is useful although not perfect.

Cons

Setting up my templates took a long as the only import option is from a proprietary file format for users to share templates so my assistant had to spend days copying and pasting all of my customized templates into the system. The QBO import is very convenient but it imported projects as separate clients which required some cleaning up, I wish I could select which clients to import. The client portal sounds great in theory but I can't use it as I am used to a completely white-labeled experienced and this portal is ugly, not customizable and I have found no way to customize the text of the emails that are sent to clients. I can't use this until they allow me to customize the text and branding.

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

Recommendation from colleagues, amount of features for the cost.

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

While I love 17hats and it's still my primary CRM, lead management and client communication tool, I outgrew its project management capabilities. Financial Cents was recommended by several colleagues so I decided to try it and liked it enough to subscribe.

Mindy

April 2022

Financial Cents is a total game changer

Pros

I love this platform. It simply does everything I need it to do and is easy to use. Support is a big part of why I chose it but the knowledge base is so well done, I haven't had to ask anything. I wish I had known about it a long time ago. I've used three other platforms to manage the accounting cycle and Financial Cents blows all of them away. I didn't think I would be able to afford something this great, but it is well priced. Amazing value.

Cons

I'm patiently waiting for the gmail integration to be fully implemented. It would be nice if the client chat was on the dashboard. It's a bit buried.

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

It was being talked about in professional discussion groups.

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

Asana is a great app, but it doesn't work so well for the accounting cycle. It's easy to make a mess and it's hard to get the hang of.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Financial Cents

Pros

The ability to manage budgets of multiple projects

Cons

The price for the amount of integrations doesn't match many other products of the same caliber

Amanda

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Game Changer for our bookkeeping firm!

It has been a great experience. From our introductory call to the Facebook group we have been able to implement this new app fairly seamlessly.

Pros

The ability to change the workflow views for each team member so that they can see their own work in a way that suits their style. As management we love the capacity report to see who has time for the new clients we sign on. The client dashboard allows everyone to be able to see at a glance all the important information pertaining to that client. The relationships tab allows us to jump easily between all related businesses and that saves us a ton of search time.

Cons

We would like more reports to be available, ie to gather the information that is sitting on the client dashboard (from their about section or the activity section). We would like the ability to use the client chat feature outside of a project - so that they can communicate with us between projects.

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

It felt like it would be able to grow with our firm and provide us with the KPI's we need to track.

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

They were not able to give us the visibility and data reporting that Financial Cents could.

Carolyn

Practice Management Software without complicated implementation

For us Financial Cents solved some key pain points: 1. Project management - it allows managers to see what projects are outstanding, which are only partially completed and which are upcoming. It provides confidence that tasks are not following through the cracks. 2. It has allowed us to discuss projects/tasks without having to use email. Instead, we can use the messaging application within the projects. A time saver. 3. It has helped us define our workflows and communicate them to all staff.

Pros

Financial Cents was simple to start using for our firm. There is no complicated setup or onboarding. I had it up and functioning within 30 minutes. There are simple, short training videos that I used to get staff trained. I had staff using it and loving it within the first week.

Cons

The one feature I would love to see is email integration. I have been assured that it is coming!

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

Karbon's onboarding was more complicated and would require more extensive training. Also, price came into the decision. We are a small firm with several part-time staff. Financial Cents has pricing that was half the cost of the alternative.

Jorge L.

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Excellent product to you if you are an accounting firm

I happy to have implemented this. We have been using several practice management application - it either difficult to set up or difficult to maintain - Financial Cents is easy to set up and maintain and it works for us.

Pros

Ease of use and set up. Our staff have no difficulty suing it from ground up. Thereare also a lot of training videos.

Cons

I can't find any that is major items to consider a weakness. so far we love it all.

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

Easy set up and easy to use

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

Difficult to maintain and keep up - tracking clients activities and hours - billings

Samantha

Financial Cents just makes SENSE

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was awesome with the demo which started the process. Implementing was great since it linked to QBO and pulled in my customer list. I have been using it since the free trial and couldn't imagine NOT using it now.

Pros

Easy to use, support that listens and its continually adding new features as they learns what is important to the user. Sharing with me team - ideal, check lists so I know where I am at and then adding tags so I can see at a glance where the work is - incredible.

Cons

I wish it had email integration - that's the final piece and I can use this for EVERYTHING. Perhaps a library of templates from users, bookkeepers and accountants marked for various software use - would make templates more robust.

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

17Hats didn't work so well with a team and I like the workflow view, filtering so I know at a glance what's coming up and what is needs to be done along with the status using tags of current work.

Melissa

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Bringing great features into one product

Everyone has been helpful and the product is nice to look at.

Pros

The ability to see capital capacity for hours to work that we have. The fact that we can have dependency on different tasks

Cons

The implementation has taken us longer than I had hoped. So now there is cleanup needed before I feel confident that I can rely on the software for what is due.

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

Wanted a new software for all the staff and capital capacity was a focus we wanted in the new software as well as the outlook intregration.

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

We are merging and had a different software in both companies. So we went looking for an even better software and capital management or capacity was one of the main needs as we are a team of 20.

Gabby

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Financial Cents is exactly what our firm was looking for!

Financial Cents has been great for managing all employee tasks. It is very helpful to be able to track time for all projects and not have to worry about using another separate system for budgeted time for each client. We have nothing but positive experiences with Financial Cents. We love how it includes client portals, workflows, project management and staff management.

Pros

The ease of adding and managing projects. The reminders for clients are the best. We love that we don't have to keep track of requests for documents from our clients and that we can chat with them through Financial Cents.

Cons

We do need email integration to check off all our boxes.

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

The price for the features that Jetpack did not offer like client portal

Cathleen

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

solved several pain points for us

Lack of collaboration with team members was a frustrating problem. - I didn't want to use Teams, my experience with it has not been good. With the "chat" style comments and notes being at the project level or at the task level and notifications of call-out(s), it all becomes very organized for us. Client and project info (email, text) converted into notes to attach to a client, project or task has been a godsend in this software. We had the ability to send notes to projects in our last software, but if you didn't know that it was there (say another individual working on the project) you would never see it. Requests for client information was not an automated procedure for us and involved several steps which inherently enticed the client to attach sensitive information to the emailed request and return. We would then have to reject the email pursuant to our security policy. This is a very automated request - to portal upload procedure. Our workflows were not even being utilized in our prior software as they were too convoluted and contributed to the noise. Triggering events didn't work properly and with the dashboard being too noisy, no one paid attention to alerts. Resolved with the notifications and better abilities to filter down on dashboard views.

Pros

The visual approach to projects coupled with the ability to filter your view down much easier allows us to get the future "noise" out of our way until needed for time budgeting or a more wide-angle view, letting us hunker down on the here and now, We have moved from a package that was so "noisy" on the dashboard, staff members were keeping their own spreadsheets on projects and tasks. Biggest pain point resolution for us was the collaboration abilities: chat style with the ability to "call out" particular staff members and keep the notes. Too many things were in people's heads, or in their email boxes, not connected with the project or client. I will no longer hear "the client emailed me the info" or "the client texted me the info". While we can't integrate those two sources directly with the software, a quick copy and paste resolves that, call out the staff member with an @name leader and go from there. Indispensable with remote workers, no more broken email threads! The front point person for this software is super responsive to questions, suggestions, etc - I have actually never seen anything like it where sales actually does integrate with support! A simple suggestion to round out the support experience became reality within a week. It is so pleasant to have a software team leave me with a smile on my face every day rather than putting a cloud over my head for the rest of the day.

Cons

No integrated e-mail triage, although you can forward emails to an "in-box" to turn them into one-off projects or to-do items. It was a bit difficult at first to lean into the idea of breaking up our original software into two software packages as this is not a full DMS, but in doing so and purchasing a true, dedicated DMS system, I realize how much our old software was lacking in DMS capabilities by trying to be all things, so the downside actually ended up being an upside for us.

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

It fit our criteria better. We weren't actively seeking to make a change off our old software until some discussions in accounting forums led me to investigate some packages out there that could perhaps resolve some frustrations for us.

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

Better utility for our needs on workflows, better visual organization.

Krista

I LOVE Financial Cents

I have just started creating my account and will be implementing it starting August 1st. In the process of moving everything over from my current CRM. But everything I have seen that it does, I am very happy and excited to start using it. It will save me so much time between tracking my employees time in another 3rd party and trying to figure out if I am over budget with hours for my clients. Right now I have to print a report in QBO and then put the hours in an excel spreadsheet and compare with the budget. F.C. will do all that within the software. Plus it will let my employees know how much time they have to work with so they can also watch their time and know if they are taking too long on a project.

Pros

This had everything you need in a CRM. From Timekeeping, track estimated hours a job should take, billing, effective hourly rate, automated client tasks reminders. Recurring tasks. It also has a chat with support right in the software and they are very responsive and answers all my questions that I may have throughout setting up my account. Clients can get reminded for task they need to complete and they can upload right into the software without setting up a login for themselves. I am super excited about this feature. I won't have to worry about reminding them. They are reminded how often you want until they complete the task.

Cons

The fact we have to pay per user. It could get expensive if I hire too many employees. But for what it offers, it's worth what I pay for now. I have 3 users.

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

I chose F.C. over others because the extra features they have. More specifically the automation and timekeeping.

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

Financial Cents has so many more features and a better layout.

Jonathan

Financial Cents is AMAZING for running your cloud bookkeeping firm

Having use Asana and Aero before to run our virtual bookkeeping company, we switched to Financial Cents in April 2020. Financial Cents (FC) is AMAZING and does almost everything we need to manage our client work, track billable hours and communicate internally and with clients. It is substantially better than AERO. I must also say that no other software company has implemented features we requested as fast as FC. We requested several features in the first 2 months and they have all been built and implemented. I am so impressed. I highly recommend Financial Cents to owners of bookkeeping and accounting firms.

Pros

A modern and intuitive user interface that my bookkeepers learned to use quickly, easy time tracking with a dashboard that shows me the key data I really need to know at a glance, clever project recurrence options that save time, brilliant client task features to ask clients for documents, excellent support and reasonable pricing.

Cons

They don't have a Xero integration yet but I would only use that for transferring contact information and for billing out of scope hours and right now I am OK to do that manually for all the other benefits I get. They don't have a mobile app yet. I'd find the mobile app helpful for commenting on projects but the site is responsive and you can use their website on your mobile.

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

FC offered way more bookkeeping specific features vs the free version of Asana. Karbon was just too expensive for what they offered. FC was less than half the price at the time and does everything we need.

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

FC has a modern and intuitive user interface. Aero's seems like it was built by people who have only had exposure web apps from 10 years ago. Time tracking is much easier in FC. The time tracking in Aero would routinely glitch. My bookkeepers stopped trusting it. The whole way recurring projects and tasks are structured in FC is so much more logical and intuitive vs Aero. Areo had no usable Client Task feature like FC does. What I really needed was a simple way to see when projects were over their estimated time. In AERO you had to run report. In FC it’s built right into the dashboard and when a project goes over, its hours go red. So simple but exactly what I needed! My team used Aero for 3 months and hated it. I could not get the reporting out of it I needed. We switched to FC and within a few weeks my bookkeepers were saying the liked it so much better and I was getting the reports I needed to make sure deadlines were bering met, nothing was being forgotten and that we were billing for all our hours.

Nancy

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Financial Cents is helping us take our practice to the next level.

Other than having to do a lot of copying and pasting, and struggling with the lack of reports we really need, we couldn't be happier with the application as well as the customer service. Since Financial Cents is still relatively young, they are constantly developing and adding new features. If we're having issues, they get back with us almost immediately. We are more organized today as a firm than we ever have been, all because of Financial Cents.

Pros

It has really helped our firm keep track of all work we do for our clients without things falling through the cracks. Because of that, we are able to elevate the level of service we give our clients. By documenting every phone call, email and meeting, we don't have to sift through files looking for the last thing we talked about or did for them.

Cons

We spend a lot of time copying and pasting activities we do for clients between their main dashboard and projects we are working on for them. Then if the client has multiple entities, that chore is magnified. It also lacks a robust reporting feature that we are keeping our fingers crossed they implement very soon.

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

Since this is our first workflow management application, we needed something very easy to use. We also weighed the cost against the other vendors. Financial Cents won out first on cost but then on their customer service. I was extremely impressed that the developer himself helped with the onboarding and made sure we were completely satisfied.

Nicole

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Love the ease of use and customer suport

My experience with Financial Cents has been great. It was easy to implement and begin using. I have been testing it with a few clients and will be moving my complete practice over to FC. My staff will be using the platform soon as well. In the future it would be nice to see a monthly package with more than one user.

Pros

I like that it is not a huge learning curve to start using the platform. Love the effective hourly rate feature. My clients love that they do not need to sign up for an account to complete tasks. The filter feature is perfect!

Cons

I don't like that you can not set a due date on subtasks or add additional information to a subtask. It would be nice to have the ability to link dependencies to tasks in different workflows.

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

It can recommended in a FB group

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

ClickUp was becoming glitchy, it is a bit of a learning curve to use the platform. It has just to many features that are similar and lacks in the reporting department.

Connor

Financial Cents Review

I have been extremely happy with Financial Cents. I think it is a great piece of software. It has been a beneficial tool for my business. It has made our operations much more efficient. It makes it a whole lot easier to keep on top of our work.

Pros

The software is user friendly. I like the fact that it has integrations with QuickBooks Online. My favorite thing about Financial Cents is that the software developers are constantly improving the software to make it easier on the user. I love the fact that you can track time on a particular project and it integrates directly into Quickbooks Online.

Cons

There's not anything I don't like about the software. However, there are a few things I wish Financial Cents would develop to make it easier on the user. I wish there were a few more reports. Under the CRM portion of the software. I think it would be beneficial when you're in a client's account, that you can see the billing history instead of having to go back into QBO. Also, it would be beneficial to be able to create an invoice for a project that integrates into QBO. Lastly, I wish there was a two integration between Financial Cents and QBO with it comes to adding clients. It would make it easier to add a client in Financial Cents and then it be able to sync directly into QBO.

Easy Transition

Highly recommend. Great price and time saver than the other options I tried - Jetpack and Aero

Pros

It filled all of the voids from the other project management software out there for bookkeepers. The price was also way cheaper than most of the other software out there. Easy to set up - my team and I were up and running in minutes Easy to maintain - anything we need to add or change is simple and quick to do Automated Reminders - this was the selling point for my firm. Set up a reminder and client tasks. The client is continually reminded automatically about what they have left to do/send. Gives us so much time back in sending out constant follow up emails prior to this software

Cons

Client to dos transfer over to the next month even if they were completed prior to the new recurring event starting up. It would be great if when we check the box to complete the missing client task, that it doesn't carry over to the next month. Thus confusing the client before we even get to work on them.

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

Too expensive for the lack a features it should have had

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Fantastic workflow automation for bookkeepers

I spend nearly a month testing a lot of apps for my business. Based on the free trial and my experience with this and other solutions, I'm glad I settled on Financial Cents. My experience with it is that its easier to use "out of the box" than some of the others and didn't require special training or extra help to get started. The interface is very clean and easy to work with, which I didn't find with other apps. There's a learning curve from the perspective that its new for me, and that I had not established any real workflow prior to using Financial Cents, but I love that it is specific to the financial industry and addresses our special needs. One of my favorite features is seeing the profitability page, which shows my "effective" hourly rate based on my monthly rate billing across all clients at the same time. I love seeing where I'm at and understanding which clients are taking up most of my time. I feel confident that Financial Cents was the best choice for me!

Pros

Having good support was important to me when searching for a workflow solution for my bookkeeping business. There are short, relevant, easy to find tutorials right inside the product. Support is highly responsive and easy to work with. There's live chat and a FB group -- and while the product has been easy to implement and use, I can still find answers to my questions quickly and easily. I can definitely see how this product will improve the way I'm using my time by eliminating unnecessary redundancy day-to-day.

Cons

I wish that the tutorial videos would open in a separate window so I can watch the video on a separate screen while testing it out in my app.

Sue

Financial Cents has everything I am looking for

I couldn't be happier

Pros

The set up was seamless, quick, and painless. I love that I can do time tracking and also record the conversations we have with a client. Having the ability for everyone to have access to conversations gives us the ability to always help a client even if the person assigned to that client might not be available.

Cons

Having to learn a new software but that isn't Financial Cents' issue but mine

Ease of use and layout

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

I wanted something that did time tracking and could be accessed from anywhere. Then when I saw all the other features offered by Financial Cents I was sold

Addison

User friendly, reasonably priced, and a wealth of features

Our workflow was disorganized at best, being a small firm with an increasingly large book of business. Financial Cents helped streamline our projects and hold our staff accountable to their responsibilities. The communication with the creator of the software was absolutely phenomenal - he fixed any issues almost immediately, and implemented personal suggestions, as well as being available when we needed him for any questions.

Pros

Financial Cents has one of the easiest UIs I've ever encountered. It's quick to learn, reasonably priced, and new features are constantly being released with an immense tap into the pulse of what its users require.

Cons

Software integration was the biggest hiccup with our firm. Though it does integrate with Quickbooks Online and Xero, there is no easy Quickbooks Desktop integration. I understand that this is increasingly becoming less and less industry standard, but it would have made implementation a little easier.

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

Our company found Jetpack to be too complex and robust for our needs. We needed something easier to use.

Justin

Simplistic but Powerful Tools for Accounting Firms

It has increased productivity within our firm, and also allows us to see how much time we are spending on each client, to accordingly adjust the retainer fees they are paying. It also allows us to pinpoint clients that we have issues with time-wise, allowing us to analyze ways to become more efficient.

Pros

Simple Design - the design of the menus makes this easy for every employee to get used to quickly, which is important as it decreases the time needed to explain the in's and outs, and allows us to focus on our clients accounting work.

Cons

Reports - the reports are good for the value (what you pay for), and I know there will be updates in the future. However, being able to see a dashboard of the clients along with customizable columns of what they are updated through for each category of work would be amazing (books/records, sales tax, payroll, tax return, tax planning etc.)

Nina

Great Task Management Software

This software has helped our team communicate better and save time getting tasks completed.

Pros

easy to deploy, team features are very easy to use, helps keep us organized, software updates frequently.

Cons

not an app, recurring tasks need some cleaning up

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

price, features, ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

Hitask could not do what we needed it to do.

Leanne

Financial Cents - helping my Bookkeeping practice grow

It is specifically for Accountants and Bookkeepers and focuses on our business needs. This makes it simpler to use and get up and running quickly. Support has been responsive and personal.

Pros

* The ability to request information from clients on a regular schedule and send automatic reminders. * Ease of template creation and use. * Client information in one secure place * More than one contact can be stored on the client file * Support is great!

Cons

* Priorities for Projects and tasks would be great * Ability to request client tasks from more than one contact on the same task - I believe this is coming soon. * More column options on the List View Dashboard * Ability to bulk edit due dates and assignees * Able to manually edit the timer within the project/task ie. when I forget to start or stop it

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

The main reasons are the ability to request client information automatically, ability to calculate actual cost of services against billed costs (I am working towards fixed rate), the ease of use as a team and approval of work. The link to QBO for billing.

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

I am still using ClickUp for training and more detailed projects but use Financial Cents for all client bookkeeping interactions and workflow.

Angel

Financial Project Management Software

Pros

I chose Financial Cents as the project management software for our accounting firm because we were looking for the ability to have recurring tasks customized for each client without having to copy or duplicate each project every month.

Cons

I would like to be able to navigate easier. As it stands, you have to go back to the menu bar each time you want to switch modules or go back to the previous screen. I would also like to see a mobile and desktop app.

Reasons for choosing Financial Cents

It was built especially for the financial industry, was visually appealing, and the price was comparable.

Reasons for switching to Financial Cents

We needed the recurring feature without having to create a separate project for each client then copy it month over month for processing.

4.72/5 out of 71 reviews