Flow

Flow Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The ability to set deadlines for tasks, delegate and subscribe makes project management so much more straightforward."
  • icon"Some of my favorite features; the ability to change one project back and forth between a list and board , adding start and due dates, PRICING."
  • icon"Mainly, I like the tasklist view (and the Kanban-style as well). The design is simple with an intuitive user interface."
  • icon"It's not possible to use the same formatting options in tasks as it is in chat, which is a bit weird."
  • icon"It is clunky to use, difficult to see contingencies and or how multiple people work together on a project."
  • icon"When there are a lot of cards, the inability to colour or assign some level of visual hierarchy can render some projects a bit overwhelming."

All Flow Reviews

Ofek

Industry: Environmental Services

The simplest, most joyful, project management platform

We use it as an upgraded version of 'Trello', which basically allows planning of many projects in many teams in a central place, and have an easy to use reporting sections

Pros

Flow doesn't try to solve the entire spectrum of Project Management problems, but the ones it does solve, it does very well. Flow, like the name implies, has a certain flow that directs you through your project management and reporting. If you like that flow, which is extremely simple and easy to use, then you could plan pretty complicated projects and tasks, in a big team, and make it a joy to use such a tool - which is very rare in this industry. Flow is also really good at making you focus on what's important by signaling and emphasizing tasks that you need to complete. It does so by simply knowing the due date for your tasks and then prioritizing it for you in a simple and focused manner.

Cons

Like every specific, non-generalized tool, it does what it does very well, but if you step outside of Flow's flow, it can become a hassle to use and all its benefits would go to waste, and then a different, more generalized tool will be more efficient.

Syed Amir

March 2022

Microsoft Flow (Power Automate)

Overall experience has been great. This is an amazing product and it will soon leave Automation Anywhere and UiPath behind

Pros

300+ connectors for seamless integration with Microsoft products and others

Cons

It lacks a centralized orchestrator which can help in centralized monitoring & deployment

Reasons for switching to Flow

Cost effectiveness and because of client requirements

Matej

October 2022

Not the cheapest, but...

My favourite tool, but this time I am not the decision-maker.

Pros

I was invited to a team that uses Flow. Compared to Asana, the user experience is better, which makes it a tool worth exploring for your next project.

Cons

The trial was too short, so I could not convince another team to try it...

Reasons for switching to Flow

Not my decision. I was reluctant to try yet another tool. I use Flow with one team.

Anton

Flow is moving to a wrong direction

In the last year our experience has changed drastically. Instead of improving the main product and providing a responsive support, they now concentrate on cloning Slack. Recently they have removed a feature we were using heavily without even notifying us. That's how they treat paying users now. I wouldn't recommend modern Flow to anyone. We're looking for alternatives to switch to.

Pros

Flow used to be a perfect task manager for small teams

Cons

With Flow X update they've implented a buggy, slow and inconvenient version of Slack inside the task manager. During the last year not a single improvement was implemented in the task manager, all the efforts go to this "yet another" corporate chat.

Reasons for choosing Flow

It used to be simple, fast and affordable. Unfortunately that's not the case anymore.

A beautiful lightweight and streamline project management tool

It's so easy to track tasks, the interface is gorgeous and it's not a monster software in terms of size compared to the alternatives. It might lack of some features for big teams, so be sure to know your team needs before making the switch.

Pros

- It's just gorgeous, I mean its weird to list it as a pro maybe but considering the competitors using this app is just wonderful. - Super visual, don't get lost in those gigantic todo list. In flow you can see all the timelines of the tasks. - Filtering and searching is soo easy - It's so much easier to use than jira and asana. It works great for small teams.

Cons

- The mobile app needs a little bit more polish - Not so good for really big teams

Reasons for choosing Flow

The price, ease of use and simpleness of the interface.

Flow has been a gamechanger for me in keeping up with tasks.

Flow saves me time. which in my opinion is the most valuable benefit there is. It allows me to focus on what I'm good at and I don't have to worry about keeping all my projects organized and trying to remember what projects are due when.

Pros

I love Flow for a lot of reasons! The main reasons I love this software is its ability to make staying organized and on top of tasks simple and easy. As a graphic designer, I tend to be more on the creative side and less aware of numbers and dates. Flow allows me to keep all of my assignments organized by the due date which helps me prioritize projects and never miss a deadline again. Not only does it keep my tasks organized, it also allows other people involved in the project to be in constant communication with each other. You can upload attachments, coworkers can see and comment on your activity, offer suggestions or edits in real-time all within Flow. it's almost like having a Facebook timeline for your project! Using Flow has really streamlined our entire creative process, from conception to completion of a project, Flow enables us to be on top of our game and focus on what we are good at, providing the best creative service we can provide.

Cons

If I had to give one complaint about Flow it would be the user interface, if unfamiliar with the program and how it works it can be easy to get lost in the many layers of tabs.

Teesha

Industry: Graphic Design

No more messy to-do lists!

Pros

Flow is a really smart tool. The fact that it has the ability to store so many different tasks under different teams is awesome, especially working in a business with so many clients - it could get confusing if they aren't separated into categories properly. The ability to have re-occuring tasks is a lifesaver! And the ability to have those re-occurring tasks at specific dates of the month, daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, yearly etc. is by far my favourite thing.

Cons

The only thing that I would say is a downside about flow is that in the past when they have updated, the user interface has been quite different, meaning it took a while to adapt - however they do do great tutorial videos to explain any changes.

Jens

Flow is team task management and chat in the Goldilocks Zone. Not too big or small. Just right.

Clarity across all my team's projects. More productive workers. Better team building and higher morale.

Pros

I love that task management and chat are under one roof. We were running different software for everything and it was too fragmented. Flow is smooth and easy and everything is right here.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like. It's a little weird that there are two phone apps (one for chat and one for tasks). It would be slightly better if they were integrated.

Elizabeth A.

Fantastic task management software

Flow has never let me lose sight of what projects I have coming up next.

Pros

Best task management software I've ever used. Flow has made it really easy to quickly jot down my tasks, whether big or small, so I never forget what's ahead. It's so simple, yet after using it for a year I can't live without it.

Cons

The mobile app could use a bit of work, as sometimes it's glitchy and not very user-friendly. Seems like an iOS port.

Flow has helped our team tackle all scales of projects and has improved our workflows.

Pros

There is a clear and understandable, er, flow to all aspects of the app. It's restrained aesthetic allow for a clear focus on the content (aka the work to be done) and some of its new views are really useful. The personal tasks calendar allows a clear view into each week; its integral to mapping out our daily workload.

Cons

When there are a lot of cards, the inability to colour or assign some level of visual hierarchy can render some projects a bit overwhelming. Being able to assign some visual tag would be nice. I am excited to see the mobile app update to the new UI.

Kim

Intuitive project management for teams

It's easier to delegate tasks. It's easier to decide what to do next. It's easier to know what other team members are working on.

Pros

Flow is beautiful to look at, which makes it enjoyable to use, an important factor to consider when trying to get an entire team on board. After looks, speed is next most important thing for us. With flow you can input a task very quickly and very easily. Adding a new task without having to move the mouse and only by using the tab key is a powerful feature. Also, you are never more than 2 clicks away from seeing all the details you need about a project or task. We're also fans of the Getting Things Done approach to task management. Flow is one of the best collaborative tools to help follow that methodology. Asana is arguably better, but it is so weak in the way it displays the list of projects, that we moved to Flow's premium monthly fee away from Asana's free option. Thirdly, reviewing and managing projects has to be intuitive. For that you need to be able to see an overview of your projects and organize them in a way that makes sense to you. Flow gets it mostly right there. Being able to group projects is a great feature. Fourthly, what does it looks like to be notified that a new task has been delegated to you? Some people prefer to be notified by email. Flow's email is clear and easy to scan through, which was especially important to our visually impaired team member. Flow has many ways to notify users, which is crucial. It is crucial to be able to use a task management tool in a way that makes sense to you.

Cons

For us, Flow could probably improve in the following areas: - Keeping discussions separate from tasks and projects so that they can be retrieved later. "What did we say about that thing???" - Deeper integration of the Getting Things Done principles, with an easy way to add estimated energy required to perform that task, how much time it would require and what context it needs to be performed in ("Do I need to be at my desk to do this thing?," "Remind me to pick up notepads when I am running errands", etc.)

Julia

Perfect Fit For Our Team

Pros

When I started with the team everything was tracked on a Google Sheet, in iCal and important information for events were always needing to be "dug out" of email chains or found on some miscellaneous scrap paper. Flow has definitely improved daily processes for me personally to ensure every detail is being handled for each event scheduled. I think it has helped my boss know what is going on at quick glance whenever he would like as well. The natural ease of communication with the team about tasks/projects/events is a great feature. Instead of doing something and reporting that it has been done Flow notifies anyone who is subscribed, this is a time saver. It is easy to set up repeat projects, which is great for our team because the same template of to-do's is used for every event. We have even added our event sponsors as users, we use to do back and forth emails about every event and inevitably the ball would drop. Flow has eliminated that by offering an easy to access place for everyone to see all of the information, which is huge. The great thing about Flow is that has the foundation to meet whatever needs you may have to get and stay organized.

Cons

I think most businesses are working with clients on a daily basis. I find myself feeling bogged down at times with keeping contact information/notes in the CRM system and then having to transfer it to Flow when an event is scheduled so the other team members are able to easily access it when needed. I would love to see a CRM integration be a feature available in the future!

Alex

More streamlined than Trello, much easier than Jira, much faster than Asana

We used Flow at Shaken.com (a 10-person ecommerce startup) for over a year and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately we ended up closing the business, but I often recommend Flow to new clients. It's not a solution for *everyone*, but that's exactly why we liked it. Trello had become unwieldy (due dates were getting missed, I was spending more time organising than working, notification overload etc.) and I've used Asana + Jira before and they're awful. Flow is more opinionated about how to manage tasks and communication, and we found it to really improve our workflow. We were working on a LOT of parallel projects and it was great for keeping things organised and not missing deadlines. We had a couple of teething issues (mostly trying to adapt our old workflows to the new tool) and the support was great. That's why I'm here writing a review there's a really nice team behind this that deserves some praise.

Pros

* An effective workflow * Helped us manage lots of parallel projects * Less time spent organising, more time working * Good support

Cons

* It took us a while to try and bend it in different ways, I recommend reading about why features work the way they do - it'll make things a lot clearer.

Response from Flow Technologies

Thank you for the thoughtful review.

Replied January 2017

Rebecca

Ideal tool for planning and project management

Flow allows the planning of projects and their progress to be even faster, thanks to the fact that the work is divided and we can visualize how many users are busy and who are not so that tasks are assigned to them so that the completion of the project be given in the shortest possible time.

Pros

I really like Flow because it is a tool that offers us extremely useful functions to carry out the management of projects at the business level where to plan, grant tasks to team members and visualize the progress or what is still under way in order to carry carry out this whole process is much simpler and organized, because the work flow to be shared decreases and you can move much faster in each project, its interface is very intuitive and organized, from a single screen you can have visualization of everything It also allows access to be carried out from any place or device.

Cons

I consider that more than negative aspects it is necessary that they implement new features that facilitate the use even more and give it more customization that makes the user feel more comfortable when using the software.

Matt

Clean, Efficient & Essential

We have a smaller company and was looking for a task management system that didn't feel too heavy for our needs. Flow allows you to choose how you want to manage projects without overloading you with half-useful features, unnecessary graphics or "clever" copy throughout (lookin' at you Basecamp). Software with "personality" wastes time, we just want to get our work done. Everybody uses Flow differently but that's the great thing, you make it yours. That's what we did and it just keeps getting better.

Pros

It's clean, simple to understand, customizable for your needs and they consistently make smart improvements without changing the focus of the product.

Cons

I'd like the ability to view recent attachments and links which have been posted all in one place. Like a "is this what you were looking for?" kind of feature.

Aziz