What are FreshBooks users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using FreshBooks software through verified user reviews

3,547 Reviews

2,035
1,215

• icon"Ease of use and integration from pc to mobile. The fact that i could copy repetitive invoices and projects saved me a lot of time as well."
  • icon"It’s very easy to use,excellent customer service and use also a great mobile app. I am really happy to have this software in my company."
  • icon"I love that i can send edit and track my business. The app on my phone is great but would like more of the same options as the desktop."
  • icon"Interface is hard and confusing to use. Not built for those without precision motor skills (forget it if you have any sort of impairment)."
  • icon"The downside of FreshBooks is that there is no possibility of merging contacts while duplicates are repeated when Freshbooks connects to another platform e.g. Hubspot."
  • icon"There are a few features missing in the software compared to the other softwares."

Browse all FreshBooks Reviews

• Have you used FreshBooks and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 3,547 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 3,547 reviews

Alex

Solid alternative to Quickbooks

Garrick

Industry: Law Practice

A Game Changer

I found it to be incredible it does what I need it to do, better than anyone else.

Pros

I use this to bill clients, send invoices, and to track time. This tool is incredible for how I use it. It does everything better than I could dream or need it to perform.

Cons

I pay for everything else, I might find a need to use it one day, but for me: the software is perfect.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

This captured our time in such an amazing way and made it easy to give to clients.

Frank

I wish I could rate it higher than a 10

Switching to it from one of those other software packages was one of the most liberating experiences of my career.

Pros

It was so easy to add and remove third party apps if and when they were needed.Plus, there were lots of options for third party apps that I could plug in or switch out as needed.

Cons

It never once made me a cup of coffee. I know that sounds like a weird joke but that's pretty much the only thing that it couldn't do for me.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I made the mistake of adding some extra services onto my QuckBooks account. It took a matter of seconds to add them. When they weren't working out for me, getting them removed took numerous phone calls and hours of my time. I eventually reached a point where it was easier to switch than to continue dealing with them.

Nazmul

Best Project Management for Small Business

If you ask me for a rating, I would give 8 out of 10. With a huge amount of features like invoicing, Client Portal, Contact Management, Expense Tracking, Project Management make your business easy to manage. For people who are trying to start a new business, I would recommend the FreshBooks at first.

Pros

FreshBooks is very easy to use and has so many features that help you manage your business in a short time. They have excellent customer services. The most fascinating thing about FreshBooks is it has also mobile app and the UI design is so eye-catching. They create attractive invoices for clients. Another coolest feature of FreshBooks is "Proposal". This feature allows you to show the work and writing space and attach your customize pictures.

Cons

Although you can hardly find cons in FreshBooks. But sometimes something grabs notice. I think the least likable thing about FreshBooks is limiting users. Only one user can use FreshBooks. And the other one is the price. I think as a small business management tool, it is a little expensive than others.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

I thought I have a small business, so I don't need to start with a big company. I just wanted a simple tool that fulfills my needs. And found them in FreshBook. Another thing I should mention that makes me choose FreshBooks over the QuickBooks is the referral system. Though I didn't refer anyone yet.

Cc

Excellent Low-Cost Billing Software

Superb!

Pros

FreshBooks' functionality and ease of use rival that of more well known billing systems.

Cons

The software works great, but I'd like to be able to manage more than five clients without having to upgrade my plan.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

FreshBooks offered a free trial, which allowed me to assess the platform with no commitment, and ultimately decide that it had everything that I needed in a billing system. I recommend FreshBooks to any small business owners who need to make a switch in their billing system.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I needed a more automated approach to my billing process.

Corey

Can't work without it

With FreshBooks, I am able to track expenses easily and I can invoice clients quickly in a very professional way. I love the invoice deadline features that remove the need for regular maintenance on client accounts. I literally wouldn't be able to work without it.

Pros

I fell in love with FreshBooks years ago, before I even had the need for many of its features. I have grown my business to use the services offered at a higher level and now look for opportunities to use it because it is that good. The invoicing is the best service for my business and I highly recommend it.

Cons

I honestly can't find anything that I don't like.

It is the best!

Scott

December 2021

Run as fast as you can from this platform now that they are forcing migrations to new platform

FreshBooks was founded by someone that wanted to make a great product for small businesses to do invoicing and time tracking, that focus is obviously gone and the focus revolves around their payment processing.

Pros

We implemented the "Classic Freshbooks" which was a super clean interface that you could navigate with your keyboard for the most part, was stable and efficient. This worked great for us for almost 10 years.

Cons

They are now forcing their new interface on everyone, which is buggy and slow. Constant downtime at critical times like end of month, causing customers not to be able to access and pay invoices. Huge financial repercussions for us due to this.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

Wanted an online system which QB didn't offer at the time.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Scott, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. You are correct that we are moving customers to the new FreshBooks. I'm sorry that you've experienced some issues with your account since moving, but our Support Team is here to help however we can. While there are some changes between the classic and new FreshBooks, feedback from customers like yourself is absolutely valuable to our team as we make continue to make changes and updates to the software. We post those updates here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054235012-Changes-Updates-in-2021. If you have any questions or matters we can assist with, the contact details for our Support Team are listed here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. ^DM

Replied December 2021

Randal

"New" Freshbooks has completely make this formerly amazing service...unusable & frustrating

Loved them for more than a decade, until the "New" version completely left us wondering what went wrong. Their support has been great, helping us to move to another platform, but again, the "New" version is making that transition even harder, although we haven't tried to export from "Classic", so I could be wrong.

Pros

The previous "Classic" edition was so easy to use, powerful in its simplicity and quick. The only thing I can say about the "New" version is that it is pretty.

Cons

The "New" version might be pretty, but it has become pretty awful to use. The platform is now so slow, we often wonder if we clicked on something...so we wait (e.g. create an invoice). Navigation used to be simple, but that is no longer the case. It takes many more clicks to find the information I need. I've been using now for about 2 months, so I know where to go, but it takes so much longer now. Invoicing & applying payment now prone to mistakes. The Credit card option will be ON/OFF for all subsequent invoices, so it's hard to make an exception (e.g. hardware) for one invoice. We have to constantly check a few options for every invoice, making the whole process much longer. Billing for time is somewhat better. It now shows ONLY the clients that have unmilled time, but once you create an invoice, the client will stay in the list for a good 15 minutes, making this feature cool, but useless. All in all, being moved to "New" has been an absolute nightmare and has caused us to completely lose faith in this company, which I have been using since its inception. We are sad to say, the problems by far outweighs the pretty interface, and we find ourselves forced to use something functional.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

At the time, I liked the Cloud version.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Randal, thank you for taking the time to share your review and raise these concerns. I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced some issues when using FreshBooks - I have passed this feedback along to our team on your behalf. Feedback from customers like yourself is absolutely valuable for the changes and updates that are made to FreshBooks. You can keep up to date with all the changes and updates our team is making here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054235012-Changes-Updates-in-2021. If there are any questions or concerns our Support Team can assist with, our contact information can be found here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. ^DM

Replied October 2021

Calum

Fantastic and simple to use

Pros

The ease of setting up clients and templates for generating invoices for our customers.

Cons

I have not found any faults with the software at all.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

Freshbooks seemed to suit smaller businesses better which was ideal for us.

Don't Waist Your Money on Any Other Accounting Software

We struggled to find a solution that would allow us to easily track the time for multiple employees and make billing as simple as a couple of clicks. Most everything we used or tried required multiple systems that either didn't integrate at all or didn't integrate well, and required a lot of time to prep invoices and collect payments. Frehsbooks eliminated all of those issues and paid for itself in the first month.

Pros

It saves my team hours of time every month. It easy to manage clients, track subscriptions, track hours and send invoices. Oh and it makes taxes season a breeze! The milage tracking feature has saved me over thousands per year in taxes since they released it.

Cons

The only complaint I have with Freshbooks is the Expenses feature. It has the ability to connect to your bank account to automatically pull in your charges, however, it never stays connected to our bank and it becomes a hassle. But they are great about helping to resolve the issue when it happens.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

It was created by someone who was in the same industry and experienced the same problems I had, and because he built Freshbooks to solve those problems I knew it was the right solution for us.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

We needed a system that was easier to use and required less management.

Kayla

One of the best!

Freshbooks has been wonderful to work with. The customer service is absolutely wonderful. They are always there when you need assistance. It EASY! I LOVE THE SOFTWARE.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the little effort I have to give to the paperwork side if our business. Freshbooks is very easy to use and it makes it fast and simple to do things such as time tracking and keeping track of receipts.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about it is that they do not offer payroll. If they did, I'd fully move back over.

Price and options

Jason

Freshbooks: Accounting software for creatives

Freshbooks has afforded us the ability to handle day-to-day bookkeeping without having to pay an accountant. We're able to manage most of our financial tasks ourselves which saves us a lot of money over the course of the year. Now we only need our accountant for year-end taxes.

Pros

Freshbooks was easy to learn and implement in our office to help with bookkeeping. As a designer, my least favorite thing to do was the business side of things, but Freshbooks made the process so much easier that I don't dread it anymore. We can bill clients, pay vendors, track project profits, and more all from one place.

Cons

Learning how to use the software from a non-accounting background can be a bit of a challenge, but once we were able to figure everything out it made the process a lot easier. I do wish that more than one user could use the program at the middle tier without having to pay extra.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

The cost was the ultimate decision-maker.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

The price difference between Freshbooks and Quickbooks was the main factor.

Jesse

December 2021

Freshbooks a great, albeit slightly expensive tool for freelancers

I love the look of Freshbooks and what they are doing for freelancers. Great, well designed, and a solid app. If it weren’t for the inevitable high price increase, I would be very tempted to switch from QuickBooks.

Pros

Freshbooks has a fresh, modern design that is refreshing to use when compared to QuickBooks Online. It’s geared toward freelancers and is simple and offers a lot of tools that freelancers need all in one place (invoicing, accounting, time tracking, and simple project management.)

Cons

The main con of Freshbooks is its pricing structure. Rather than monthly pricing that increases if you need more functionality, it’s based on client number. In theory this sounds good, but it also means you inevitably must upgrade when your client base reaches a certain threshold, even if your needs don’t increase. For my business, I only ever need invoicing and accounting; but once my client base passes 50, I would have to upgrade to the $50/mo level—which is double of QuickBooks and doesn’t have as many features.

Mogne Julio

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Usable apparatus limitless assets

Extraordinary "interface", it makes my work a lot simpler and significantly more powerful. It is actually an extraordinary item. It has a ton of value. It makes the assistance for the client more open, obviously I need to attempt a bit, however to utilize it, yet nothing better than the application I used to build up my business to create with me. Compromise with the bank works distantly, charging and different assets. As far as I might be concerned, it is an absolutely present day apparatus obviously that can generally improve.

Pros

The variety of highlights that makes it available by any utility on the off chance that you need to put forth a great deal of attempt, history of past deals.

Cons

I'm a major enthusiast of Freshbooks and I prescribe it to everybody. The Modern interface and utility highlights can be a disadvantage for clients who might not have yet built up their test levels.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

At the point when I began utilizing Freshbooks, I was searching for a reasonable and successful device at a moderate cost.

Derek

FreshBooks is a Reliable Real-time Reporting Software

Tracking time and expenses on projects. Employee reimbursement.

Pros

FreshBooks offers both cloud and on-premise tools. It help me to track and manage employees expenses for effective reimbursement.

Cons

Mobile application wasn't always perfect, but the updates have improved it's performance.

Beebek

Why FreshBooks?

Satisfactory overall experience with FreshBooks

Pros

FreshBooks is very suitable invoice management application for startup based companies. The software supports invoicing, and what I especially enjoyed was estimating, which is essential for individual customers to estimate and for projects.

Cons

Accounting functionalities are not so good in FreshBooks

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I heard it has more accounting functionalities

Teresa

Makes my life easier!

Love it! So simple and easy - just what I need.

Pros

I love the clean, visual interface. Tracking time and creating invoices is SO quick and easy! The expenses sync so it makes tax time so much less stressful.

Cons

There are a couple of features on the desktop login page that are not available on the app. It would be nice to see these at a glance in the app too.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

The other was WAY too complex for my needs and not nearly as user-friendly/intuitive.

Shane

2021's top accounting website

Pros

first and for most you cant beat getting a 30 day free trial, plus freshbook offers partial payments unlike other websites.

Cons

basically if you dont use all of freshbooks features as intended.'which is pretty expensive'. ypu will be left with just a few choice features which are only benifical if you have a low client count.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

i just think freshbooks is more convenient and easy to use most of all. simple and easy beginners tutorial

Laura

Easy invoicing software

Pros

Easy to use. Can bill clients within minutes. I can see if they’ve seen my invoice before they even pay it.

Cons

Customer service is in EST and takes 24 hours/1 business day to respond. For a company their size they should be outsourcing the help for inquiries and utilize live chats.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

Cheaper, recommended to me first.

Best Accounting Management For Me

Good, love it. help my financial planning & accounting too, calculated money.

Pros

FreshBooks help me in math a income & expenses my month. im usual using this software for calculate my financial.

Cons

it would be nice if FreshBooks have better new user interface.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

FreshBook not hard to use, easy way for beginner want use this software.

Tường

This software is extremely easy to use.Beautiful user interface, easy to operate and very profession

We work very well with the team thanks to work sharing, document sharing is quick and easy.

Pros

Completely convenient and easy. I find that overall this is a great program I use to start designing for businesses automatically. Can be combined with other apps I am using. No more spending weeks billing and sending to customers. Freshbooks will create an invoice and send it out in seconds send suggestions, track my time, invoice clients and adjust my costs for financial reporting, all in one easy-to-use. Track and control account simply, no longer spend too much effort because of many types of account simply each day. Smart reporting system combined with easy and effective teamwork place.

Cons

FreshBooks is designed with auto-leveling and data checking to ensure all numbers are accurate and logical. But since our trades are so accurate, I don't have any negative points

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

My friend recommended it and I invited me to use it for my project And it's easier to use, I can create estimates and suggestions and keep track of my time.

Heather

Industry: Graphic Design

Easy no nonsense accounting platform

I had been using a widely regarded accounting competitor whose system was way more than I needed. FreshBooks allowed me to consolidate several platforms into one - saving me money and time.

Pros

FreshBooks allows me to create estimates & send proposals, track my time, invoice clients and reconcile my expenses for financial reporting all in one easy to use place. I was using 3 different platforms before to do all of this.

Cons

It would be nice to have slightly more robust accounting functionality but for the most part it does everything I need it to do. I’d like to be able to track time by quantity rather than just duration.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

FB seemed the least complicated. I didn’t need my accounting product to be my virtual assistant, I needed it to make bookkeeping easy for me so I could run my business.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I wanted something easier to use where I could also create estimates & proposals and track my time.

Ryan

Barely passed high school math - and I'm now the bookkeeper

I love Freshbooks. We used Quickbooks up until I made the decision in January to say I was done stuggling with their program. We had tried the desk top and online versions and they both are so overwhelming with useless features that just get in the way of the simple bookkeeping and accounting needs that our particular business have. I have been asked by other women in business, if I can help them with accounting as they start their business, and my first suggestion is that they immediately drop QB and move over to Freshbooks. From our reports to filing quarterlies, reconciling and estimating - every thing about Freshbooks is better. I have told my husband I would literally become a volunteer spokesperson for Freshbooks due to how much more enjoyable they have made running the backside of our business. My ONLY regret is not doing this years ago. That's it. This product is life changing!

Pros

Pretty much everything. The dashboard, estimating, reports, client organization, etc etc. This product is outstanding.

Cons

The type A personality in me would love to be able to close out the books monthly, but I'll take the trade off if it means my books stay balanced - which they always do in Freshbooks. I also wish the mobile app was more of an interactive user app, vs being more of a quick snapshot of our business.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

Because Quickbooks sucks! I could never get the books balanced. There was a mistake made in 2016 by an accountant my husband had hired prior to me taking over, and she entered in an interest payment from our bank incorrectly. That started a domino effect that we have never been able to reverse. I can't say enought negative things about QB and enough postive things about Freshbooks. Quickbooks is like the Chicago Bulls prior to MJ and Freshbooks is the Bulls with MJ and Pip. They're just not in the same league.

Brad

Accounting for dummies

Overall I cant fault the product and would definitely recommend it to any business owner. The only thing I wish was possible, is to pay in my local currency for budgeting purposes.

Pros

I started using Freshbooks when I was given the opportunity to start a company in the wedding industry. At the time I had no idea what I was doing when it came to bookkeeping but FreshBooks made it easy to manage. What I loved about the software was the journey I followed, from Quotation to final invoice. The ability to send the quote/invoice with a simple click streamlined my business process. I eventually had to hand over when I couldn't handle the load, and because of the intuitive software, it was an simple handover. When I needed a report, i didn't have to wait for it to come from my bookkeeper, I just jumped online and got what I needed quickly and easily. Oh the cherry on the cake was the app. I used to showcase at trade-shows so the app allowed me to draw up an invoice and email the client without leaving the booth, or needing my laptop.

Cons

The price point was a bit of a hard pill to swallow, especially in an economy where the $ is much stronger than my local currency. The fluxuating market made budgeting a nightmare, and when getting a start up off the ground, every cent counts. While I could work around that, the one thing I disliked was the fact that one could go back and edit invoices/quotes post creation. I have since learnt that this is a big no no, but at the time I was non the wiser. I unfortunately lost money due to this, as many cash sales invoices were edited, and the balance pocketed.

Andreas

Freshbooks - Still one of the best billing systems around

Able to run and invoice quickly. Add the strong integration that it has with Freshdesk for ticketing and my time tracking - it has allowed me to better streamline my operations.

Pros

Tracking and customer portal that is fully labeled as your own... this is a feature most competitors do not have. Know when your customers have viewed your invoices and even printed them! Slick mobile app

Cons

Pricing has gone up vis a vis other comparable competitors. Ticketing is very basic. One issue that could have been done better is that this is more of a quoting system and not proposal based. So making fancier proposals you are best off using another platform.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

Portal for my customers to look at historical invoices.

Showing 1 - 25 of 3,547 reviews