All Freshservice Reviews

Rich

Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Simple to use and has all the features you actually need.

I really like Fresh Service (and before it, Fresh Desk). I keep trying to find a reason to switch to Zendesk because of the possibilities with their integrations but keep abandoning the trial. I would have to reproduce in Zendesk what I currently have in Freshservice in order to start experimenting with the possibilities. That's where the problems start. All the things I have in Freshservice are add-ons in Zendesk that cost extra and don't work the same way. If you have a fairly small team, we have 4 IT personnel for a 24/7 $400 million dollar company, this is your solution.

PROS

Layout is clean and easy to understand. Has fun 'gamify' system which lets my techs compete with with other for prizes with the system keep score. This is available on our subscription level. Also has SLA monitoring for those pesky KPI requirements. Can setup a catalog of services and items for end users to 'order' with a workflow approval process. Can integrate with chat and phone. Great all around alternative to Zendesk. Doesn't nickel and dime you to have basic features.

CONS

List of Integration possibilities are pretty small in comparison and hasn't really grown in the several years we have been using it.

Tony

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Freshservice - Great ITSM tools and keeps on improving.

I really like Freshservice and it keeps being improved. They continually innovate and adding AI that can do ticket translations and summaries is really good for us as an international company. Support has been fantastic also.

PROS

The ease of deployment for Freshservice was great. We were quickly up and running and the automation features are really good. They have recently also improved the AI capabilities which is good to see and constantly seem to improve the product.

CONS

Reporting can be complicated. We had issues with line managers trying to create their own reports and then questioning the results as the criteria can be complex to understand. They have inbuild basic reports and these are OK

Reason for choosing Freshservice

ServiceNow was excellent but was too costly once we got quotes for this. ManageEngine was not as good at integrating with the platforms that we used and Freshservice hit the sweet spot between the 2 competing products.

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

Jira was too complicated and costly compared to the features that you get. Integrations also seemed to cost extra for each integration that you needed. It was not well received by our helpdesk team and they have really loved the change.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Great software, spotty support

I have had several tickets so far where the second level support team have sworn could not work or told me that the functionality is not possible, forcing me to push back on them. At this point they suddenly realise that the product can actually do what I have said all along it should, only a bug is in the way. On at least one occuration, they acknowledged a bug, spent weeks ignoring it, then when I asked for an update swore it wasn't a bug at all and I was just doing things wrong.... thus forcing me to escalate the case. In fact, on one occassion they submitted a set of incorrect repro steps, then blamed *me* for the mistake they made and told me there wasn't any problem!

PROS

FreshService is one of those frustrating products where the potential is so high and overall execution is done very well, but is let down by ridiculous bugs and even worse support. If Fresh could get to grips with this then I'd score them *very* highly. Unfortunately, they have not proven to be able to achieve this.

CONS

Reporting is dire. Bugs galore in modules you would not expect. Obvious features are missing, you try to work around them... and encounter a bug.

Kabuta

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Best IT Management Features With Freshservice

PROS

I like that it houses best IT management features It makes IT ticketing easy It is very helpful as a help desk

CONS

So far no issues with Fresgservice. It has been really instrumental.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Freshservice is the best ITSM, our users love it!

After using several ITSM tools, Freshservie deployment was very easy and it fits 100% with our needs at an affordable price.

PROS

Ticket management is great by itself but if you uses it with workflow automation it's awesome. You can configure as many user portal as you want and it was a requirement. Inventory is also great module. Project management help us not only in the helpdesk team but also in other areas of the department.

CONS

The knowledge base could be better. You can't create more than two category levels and sometimes is not enough.

Reason for choosing Freshservice

It was the best option for us.

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

OTRS was very difficult to configure and sometimes you couldn't find the way to configure it to fit with your requirements. Spiceworks is for little companys.

Shayla

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2023

An excellent customer service tool, Freshservice

We primarily use this system as our IT support ticketing system. The process of getting set up was manageable, and their customer service has been fantastic. Even though we'd like to see more individualization in the HR/IT onboarding requests we've developed, we've already done a lot of the groundwork. We had previously invested in Asset Management but have now abandoned it. You get out of the knowledge base what you put into it in terms of content updates and documentation.

PROS

Super simple for both IT managers and regular employees to learn and utilize. According on your membership plan, you have access to a wide variety of optional add-ons for your control panel. Extremely flexible, albeit occasionally annoying limitations surface.

CONS

In comparison to the things it provides, Freshservice's price tag is a touch steep, and the company's support team has occasionally experienced technical difficulties that have slowed its response times.

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

The response time from support is good, and the quality is decent. There are many options, both free and for a price, for enhancing one's standard of living. All in all, utilizing our SSO/MFA via Active Directory connectivity and

Lillian

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2023

Freshservice is a top-notch help desk solution

I use Freshservice to stay on top of my workload and respond quickly to any incidents that arise, most of which are related to technology at the company where I work.

PROS

The best thing about Freshservice is how simple and straightforward it is to use, both for end users and for the system administrator. Even first-time users will have no trouble grasping and implementing workflows because to the intuitive nature of the UI.

CONS

Since I use Freshservice on a daily basis for both my job and my company, and since it is so intuitive and simple to operate, I really can't think of anything bad to say about it.

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

It's simple to understand for administrators and end users alike, and it doesn't take long to upgrade and maximize its potential. The already great core product may be improved with the help of the many valuable integrations made possible by the Freshservice marketplice.

Raghavendra

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Freshservice is a real IT service

Good tool to implement not only in IT infrastructure but also to other deparments

PROS

Collobration of tickets and task in incidents and tickets

CONS

Transferring of tickets from one instance to another instance

Reason for choosing Freshservice

User friendly and more features and reporting structure

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

The features difference and more user friendly

Tejas

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Manage your IT Service Desk, Freshservice gets it done

Great! IT Service Management has become lot easier with freshservice.

PROS

Ease of use, cross platform compatibility, multiple channels of support available.

CONS

Needs to be more flexible and feature rich in work automations and customized fields.

Reason for choosing Freshservice

because it was more feature rich as compared and a paid product with support

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Freshservice - Fresh thinking, fresh system.

The interaction with the account team and the ease of migration to the full-blown service was seamless. A really impressive offering, that does what you expect and more.

PROS

Its simplicity to deploy and customise to your needs is a real bonus for Freshservice, when compared with other offerings in the market.

CONS

We have no real misgivings on Freshservice.

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

Need the more powerful tooling offering to provide end to end ITIL functionality.

Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Freshservice Review

We've been using Freshservice since 2020. It is our primary IT helpdesk ticketing system. Setup was fairly painless, and their support team has been great. We have developed HR/IT onboarding requests, though we'd like to see some more customization there. Asset Management was originally purchased, but we have since dropped it completely. The knowledge base will only be as good as you make it through content updates and documentation efforts.

PROS

Very easy to use and manage for IT admins, and very easy for staff to pick up and use. Lots of additional modules you can add into your console depending on the level of subscription. Highly customizable, though some frustrating restrictions show up from time to time. Support is pretty solid and quick to respond. Lots of free and paid add ons for quality of life improvements available. Active Directory integration works well, as does leveraging our SSO/MFA via Azure.

CONS

Some of the modules are pretty half-baked. On paper they look awesome, but in real world use, they are frustrating or unusable (Asset Management was a module that we dropped after a year and moved to a different platform)

Reason for choosing Freshservice

At the time, it came down to look and feel of the platform, as well as some of the additional modules for the cost. Zendesk vs Freshservice was basically a coinflip as we were new to both platforms.

Ron

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2022

The best helpdesk software I have used

Built-in approvals and automation were our most important needs, following that we wanted a system that integrated well with our asset management system or was capable of outright replacing it (which is pretty much what happened).

PROS

I love the automation and customization that is possible.

CONS

The only cons are that there is some minor missing functionality with automation (for instance, automatically creating a new ticket based on the properties of an existing ticket). I would still say it meets 99% of our needs though, so my only complaints are just nitpicks.

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

We needed more robust functionality and the on-prem version of Spiceworks was no longer being supported. With our desire for automation and approvals workflows, Freshservice was an obvious step up.

Samuel

Farming, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Easily worth the price compared to free ticket systems

Extremely positive. Previously was using HESK as a free ticket system and also demo'd a few other options before settling on Freshservice. The paid features of Freshservice more then pay for themselves.

PROS

Makes dealing with a large number of tickets very simple and intuitive. Improves response time and productivity of helpdesk.

CONS

The settings/configuration is not super intuitive.

Reason for choosing Freshservice

Better pricing. Better features for internal IT departments (as opposed to MSP focused ticket systems)

Lack of features

Chad

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Hard to find something better

Moving from a free ticketing solution I found FreshServices provided lots of features to allow us to automated mundane tasks and free up our time to work on more important issues and projects.

PROS

The vast number of features presented for a fair price. New features and enhancements are being made constantly.

CONS

Improvements could be made to helpdesk customization. A WYSIWYG interface with the option to go deeper to modify HTML and CSS would be nice.

Reason for choosing Freshservice

FreshService having a better workflow editor was the sole reason we chose it over the others.

Max

Construction, 201-500 employees

Everything You Need In A Great Ticketing System

Excellent, see the Pro section. I wished I could paraphrase everything I wrote in that section to garnish this one, but time is limited.

PROS

There are multiple things that I like about the Freshservice platform. To start, the ticketing system that they provide is an amazing tool to keep track of issues and resolutions. You can easily search for similar issues and select a wide variety of categorizations to organize your problems and resolutions. I love the private note feature as well, we can suggest solutions to specialists working on solving an issue before it is escalated. Something else I liked about FS is their asset management utility. The Freshservice agent that is installed on the computers make it easier for admins to see who is the last person who signed in to a computer. This helpful in occasions where we have to rule out what computer is assigned to someone when we forget to update the asset. Overall, the Freshservice inventory system is the best I've used in my professional career. Now let's talk about my favorite feature - the API. I was surprised to learn that FS had an API. I was able to thoroughly test their API and develop our own apps. Very pleased with this aspect. I also enjoyed using their admin tools to create workflows, notifications, scenarios to automate and make the ticketing solution more effective. Being able to document things here is also very easy. You can add images, create tags, and alter publications from their editor. Never had any gripes with this. Lots to like here!

CONS

There are actually very few cons. If there is anything bad to say is that I wished the API returned some more relevant results for what I was looking for. For example, I had to jump through a few more requests that I wanted to convert some values to get something else I needed. Yes, seriously, that's all the bad I can say; we are nerds here at Royal. I was able to code very cool apps with the API.

Dave

Reviewed March 2018

Feature packed ITSM which has room for improvement.

Moving from a shared mailbox it has been a lot easier to manage incoming incidents and track who is working on which ticket. Being an ITIL based ITSM we can now properly track system changes and gain approval across the business based on our business processes.

PROS

Simple to use - one of the main reasons we went with FreshService was that during a trial of many other systems FreshService was by far the easiest to setup and configure. This means more time doing other projects rather than administering the helpdesk system. Powerful Automations - my trial version had the new Smart Workflow addon which made creating complex workflows very easy and simple. There is still room for improvement and some fields cannot be used in automations e.g. Impact or Urgency. Self service catlog - its a nice to have and allows easy segregation of Service Requests compared to Incidents, the custom forms are nice although would be better to dynamic i.e. drop down of all requesters for example. Branding - nice branding options and easy to use giving full access to CSS / HTML although not as easy to manipulate as ZenDesk. Self Service Portal - We haven't rolled this out to end users yet but the portal is easy to use and with the branding options can be customised. The embedded widget is also useful and can be embedded into SharePoint.

CONS

Reporting - very limited compared to some systems although improvements are on the road map. Software Assets - confusing to use as you have to track each software item as an asset, cannot easily search on what is installed on computers across the database. Again improvements coming on the road map. Dashboard is useless - current implementation of the system gives a very basic overview of the system and an activity log. We don't use it as it doesn't provide any useful information. Certain Form Fields - you cannot change the default fields or even hide them without using JavaScript, this means I have had to create custom fields to tell my agents to ignore certain fields which isn't ideal. Also the categories list is shared among tickets, our change requests differ from our incidents. SLA breaches - compared to ZenDesk it isn't as easy to see when a ticket is due to breach SLA. Currently the ticket interface only shows Resolve Due date and not response due date, the response due just appears in the main ticket view when its close to expiry. Not ideal but workable.

Kimber

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Good, but not quite great

FreshService is definitely an improvement over our previous system, and we like it, but it's not all it could be. That said, they make frequent updates and are noticeably trying hard. It's a good solution for the money, but if you have the budget and want robust project management, change management, knowledge base, asset tracking inventory features, there are likely better solutions

PROS

The FreshService implementation team was very easy to work with and provided excellent customer support. They did a great job of keeping us on the timeline we had set. General tech support is very good as well. I always get a response within a day. I've also enjoyed working with their robust API so that I can make customizations. The ticketing system, which is by far the most commonly used feature, is excellent.

CONS

The knowledge base feature leaves some things to be desired. There is no ability to create a template so that multiple people can write articles with a consistent look. The user side can be customized with Javascript and CSS, but the agent side can't be. The result is that knowledge base articles look different, depending on who is looking at them, and whether the article content is included in an e-mail or being accessed from a URL. The project management feature is confusing and not particularly intuitive. Especially when it comes to altering dates for tasks that must happen in a sequential order.

Reasons for switching to Freshservice

Web HelpDesk was clunky, antiquated, and no longer met our needs.

Karthic