• Pros

• "Beautiful interface, easy to use, all the features I need."

• "what i liked the most is the simplicity, this software is user friendly and provide you what you need without spending so much time trying to understand it."

• "It's clean, intuitive, does not require a long learning curve. I am able to see man tasks, sub-tasks. And it's beautiful :)"

• Cons

• "The trial period might be a little short, but is still accptable."

• "UI could be a bit better but not too bad overall. A little hard to understand how to setup at first but once you have it worked out it's good. "

• "The user interface can be a bit more friendly. But, overall, its a great tool."

Browse GanttPRO Reviews

Grzegorz from MENTAX

Very good software

Looking for effective project management tools, I can recommend with a clear conscience, GantPro as one of the most interesting solutions - online work (including multi-platform nature), document sharing, quick and reliable support. For me it is definitely one of the basic work tools now.

Pros

Comfortable and in most cases intuitive software. On the plus side, you should include the option of shared work. Well supports the management of many projects at the same time. In addition, the developers provide effective and quick technical support in the form of a chat, which allows you to get the answer to the question associated with the program without leaving the job.

Cons

Unfortunately, like all software running in the browser, there are also sporadic problems with the performance or the refresh rate of charts, especially for more complex projects. Fortunately, each project will have its own history, so in case of problems (or too fast clicking, before the program calculates e.g. dates in several dozen related tasks), you can go back to a specific point in the history and edit project again.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Grzegorz, thank you for choosing us. Indeed, GanttPRO has a great history of changes, so you can return to any point in the project, cancel or edit it.

Allan from HobokenCloud

Industry: Publishing

Tested over 15 Gantt/Project Management apps and GanttPro really tops them all!

Sign in and, go! That was my personal experience the minute I started using this app. The application is very intuitive, but I am a technical person, the real test was when I brought the rest of the team and managers to the platform. The team felt comfortable on the application and there was not much training we had to provide. If you are used to excel and to-do list you already know how to use this application.

Pros

Here are my pros, I have been using this software for a couple of months now. The app is quick to learn. You have actual printing formats; say you need to print a project map on tabloid or legal, the application outputs the right size for printing files formats. Drag and drop of tasks feels firm. Subtask numbering is a godsend. Modern look and feel. Ability to add resources like people, materials, etc.! Column view format for tasks. Is all there! GanttPro really replaces Microsoft Projects, and Gantt features on any popular project management app out there like Asana, Trello, and various others.

Cons

Reporting needs some work. I would love to see more reports like, executive status report of project/s, dashboard-like reports for team meetings, birds-eye view, burn-down, burn-up, charts and other metrics for the project/s, and just more reports in general.

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

I think I tested almost all the products that I found on Google and other sites like Capterra that had a built-in Gantt feature. That was about 15+ over a period of a year. GanttPRO really tops them all thus far.

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

The product felt stable and fully featured.

Francesca from Lab Zero Games

Its SUPER slow to load. the design is terrible, almost unusable, started to transition away from it

Pros

the gantt chart is useful.

Cons

its SUPER slow to load, there is no way to easily mark things as done. It doesnt support more than 10 tasks without taking at least 20 seconds to load anything, just clicking on a new tasks takes on average 20 seconds to load, unusable. I regret investing in this product

Response from XB Software

Replied January 2018

Dear Francesca. We deeply regret that you encountered problems with GanttPRO. However, thank you for pointing out to the problems with performance. They do really occur. We will do our best to fix them in the nearest future. And we would like to offer you again to join us in a few weeks and enjoy smooth project management with GanttPRO. Have a nice day!

Maria J. from Utz

Industry: Textiles

Really useful product which makes my work much easier

Pros

It just keep it simple. Even if you are not super technological, it will be so intuitive to work with. I really recommend to people who need to be organized. At my work this is critical than I was looking for some tool like this one.

Cons

I would like to find a short video explaining how to deal with the bars for the time. But you can book a demo, so it is fixed.

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Because of its design and intuitive use.

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Because it is easier to use and has a better design

Response from GanttPRO

Replied March 2021

Maria, hi! We are glad to see such a profound feedback. If you have questions, you can always contact us at support@ganttpro.com or in the live chat on the site. Have a good day!

Alexandr from Nevolone

Impressions after migration to GanttPro

Pros

First of all, I was impressed, that it has intuitive interface and I could start work without additional help. Second, After creation of tasks, I can easy see it on timeline. Before we used Trello, and developers track time inside the card. But here it was a bonus, that I can fill in the cost of hour for every team member and see not only the time, but all cost of task and project at all. I don't need to calculate it manual.

Cons

Sometimes after changing any parameters in the task it didn't save. But it was on start, now I know, how to do it correct.

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Jira was for me very complicated, Trello was good, but it don't has calculations of costs, it really saves a lot of time and clear for all Team members

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Wider functionality to manage development and count costs and salaries

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Alexandr, thank you for the positive review. If you will have any questions, feel free to contact GanttPRO support center.

David from Focus Design Builders

Ganttpro is easy to use

So far our team loves using Ganttpro. It has been a very easy transition from MS Project 2013. Schedules have gone a day to create to 3 to 4 hours.

Pros

Easy of use Does not lock up like MS Project 2013 Drag and drop links to tasks Collaboration with team members Static links for sharing with the client MS Project import

Cons

I wish cost loading was a little easier I wish saving a duplicate project was allowed instead of having to create a template of the project

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

The easy of operation and the ability to easily transition from MS Project to Ganttpro.

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

MS Project 2016 was to costly for the product and the service they provide. We have several levels of computer experience in our company so having a product that is easy to use was essential for our organization.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied November 2020

Thank you very much for the review, David. We are glad to see you're enjoying using GanttPRO. It is important to note that you can always save a previously created template and use it in the future. If you need help, please, contact us at support@ganttpro.com. Have a nice day!

Barak from Hebrew University

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Very useful and intuitive app

I have used GanttPro for both small and complicated projects. I fount it the best app for project management using Gantt chart. Very intuitive and easy to handle. Great design and have just what is needed for project planning.

Pros

Gantt view, customizable calendar, Sharing options, Design

Cons

limited integration with other application

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Simply because its use of gantt chart as the main graphic interface and the modularity it allows for designing this chart and till it with useful information.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied December 2020

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback, Barak.

Khaoula from LGP2

Fits my needs perfectly

Pros

Cons

exporting the results can be tricky and the diagrams are not that clear

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

ganttpro is user friendly and not too expensive and also provides me with exactly what i need without any complicated options and programming.

Monica from University of Aveiro

Been using it for almost a year

I've been using it for almost a year. It has allowed me to define my personal and (to be) professional plans. It is a great tool

Pros

Cons

For now, everything seems just as I wanted it

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Excel is a great productive tool, but not a planning tool :)

Response from GanttPRO

Replied March 2021

Monica, thank you so much for the positive review!

Rihan from Student

User-friendly. Once you use this, you ain't going back!!

Pros

I like the elegant dashboard. I know what next to do, which project is involved - on the daily workday. Accordingly, I can plan my schedule. I get a sense of satisfaction as I'm already aware that the tasks lined up for me in the coming days.

Cons

The overall bar span. Sometimes i wish i could set a limit on the overall span and then according to it i can do my planning for the sub activities!! Here i have to set the small activities and then reach a overall bar span only to know that i have exceeded than what i should have. That's the only one.

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

The dates option was only via the bar setting!! Here i GantPRO i am able to set the date and not worry about the bar setting.

Louis from NTU

One of the easiest and useful online project management tool on the market

I am able to track timeline creeping using the baseline feature on GanttPRO which I find it extremely useful to update team members and stakeholders to explain the deviations.

Pros

The interface of GanttPRO software is easy to use and intuitive enough even for beginners. It allows you to plan and manage your projects by phases and task level. You can choose to assign task to team members who are working on the same project as long as they have an account with GanttPRO. When things goes wrong and there is a deviation on the project timeline, GanttPRO allows you to track these deviations against your baseline, in this way, you will be able to track the task and update stakeholders about the delays and make a decision if addition resources should be allocated to mitigate time creeping on the project timeline. It is simply easy to use and it works.

Cons

The trial time is too short to be of any use to anyone who is working on a real project. Sometimes it takes a completed project to convince stakeholders to buy in for the software.

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

GanttPRO allows Users to track deviations on baseline, which is a mandatory requirement for any Project Managers in my opinion.

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Monday.com doesn't allow Users to track deviations on baseline.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Louis, thank you for choosing GanttPRO! As for the trial extension, we can individually consider your application. Please, contact us in the live chat on the site or email at support@ganttpro.com.

Tristan from Durham University

Industry: Music

GanttPRO; A Software clearly built by professionals for professionals

My overall experience has been hugely positive. The trial has enabled me to organise several different things, from concert programming to a year-long ballet project. It also enables me to provide my clients with clarity on workloads and deadlines so they can keep a track on my progress and watch the compositions develop.

Pros

The software has a highly effective and easy to use UI, which is complimented by a vast array of features that make work life easier. It provides simple and effective tools (such as user-filtered Gantt Charts) that enable effective project management so that everyone can track their porgess on all of the assigned tasks and increase productivity. The software also bends and flexes easily if things go awry, extending deadlines and automatically compensating for the extra added time. Overall this product is: Easy to use, Effective, Well designed and thought through

Cons

As an individual, the pricing strategy makes it difficult to justify, especially with users such as myself who work with many different teams from different organisations on the same project. Such cross-organisation collaborative work is not so easily catered for, but the features in the Individual liscence do just enough that you can get by. Overall this product isn't: Easy to use if you work with teams from many different organsiations

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

GanttPRO was easier to use, without comprimising on many of the features of other softwares available, and often provided clearer graphics that were simpler and easier for clients and colleagues to understand.

Rodrigo from Universidad Mayor de San Ándres

Excellent tool for the organization of tasks and equipment

I have been jumping from tool to tool (as mentioned above) that allows me to organize the tasks of my equipment but when I find this tool that allows me to better manage my work team, I experience a simple management and a great help for organize my tasks and those of my team. It allows me to observe only the GANTT diagram for the presentations to my bosses about the projects, it allows me to export to excel so that my Project Management can register all my schedule and evaluate the times. Finally this tool allowed me to be more agile and organized without being configuring or writing rules for my tasks.

Pros

I have been searching and testing several tools that allow me to organize tasks and resources, among them: Trello, Instagantt, Project Libre... But this system allows you to organize tasks in an intuitive way, without complex configurations, drag and drop tasks, work collaboratively with several people without us being in the same place, a collaborative tool, I can also export my diagram to image and excel, this helps me a lot to make my presentations of projects, also its high parameterization of elements: days holidays, work hours, work days and also allows me to observe how I am giving the workload to my team, allowing me to be equitable when the work is concerned... In short, I just started using this tool and I saw something of all its potential that it has and simply fascinates me, I'm a systems engineer and I usually work with development teams and projects that need to plan icarse. I can really recommend this tool because of its simplicity and its potential.

Cons

Its test time, it seems to me that it is something short to use and know all its potential, and even more so for those who start to see this type of tools. Maybe if you could say is that you have a wiki for each project, although the comments and details of each task and project are useful, you have to review each element to find observations to tasks or knowledge that can contribute to the development of tasks.

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

I needed a tool that allows me to be collaborative with my team, it is not complex with the management and the construction of the GANTT diagram is simple

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Rodrigo, thank you for such a profound review. As for the trial period, we can consider your application individually. For this or any question you have about using the app, feel free to contact us in the live chat on the site or email at support@ganttpro.com.

Fernando from AMAN

Industry: Defense & Space

The unique tool that allow you to manage your tasks intraday and suitable to the Agile method!

GanttPro can any intraday hour, making it a versatil tool ideal for groups that work under “Agile” rules. The lifetime line shows the process ongoing and it is suitable different access profile levels for the team members, allowing, include, make the data available for query without mistaken interfering for managerial enterprise levels.

Pros

To select team work, time and deadlines in any 24hours it is really useful. This capacity distinguishes GanttPro for the all others in this project manegement tool market. The lifetime line ongoing intraday is excellent to “Agile” way of project management and this the GanttPro strongest point. The different access profile levels for the team members allow to share project progress with managerial enterprise staff. To allow 14 days to free trial is an excellent opportunity to discover how useful GanttPro is. There are official tutorial videos showing how to enhace the GanttPro usage. Besides the online livechat can help you in any case. Furthermore, it is possible to fit your group size at a fair price just consulting the livechat.

Cons

It is hard to “undo” something, like a mistake. Consequently, it is necessary to recover some previous version. Allow the keyboard short pass “crtl+z” could optimize this minor correction. Could generate reports informing stats like: tasks finished/open, tasks links, an integration percentage. Other improve opportunity would be allowed to set the link color to make easy identify the process part when the link line happen in the same time taking the same screen space.

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Because GanttPro allow to select team work, time and deadlines in any 24hours, and to create links between the tasks, and to agroup tasks in subgroups.

Kristen from 20:20 Retail Data Insight

GanttPro for the win

The main business issue that we solved was the ability to track and manage workload for resources who work across multiple projects. Now it's all in one place and scheduling projects is super easy.

Pros

I like the ability to add dependencies and it automatically moves everything if you switch a date, it saves me the headache of rescheduling a load of subsequent tasks. I also like that you can select how much information that you want to see for each individual project and that it doesn't 'require' you to fill in a bunch of fields and categories that aren't relevant or important to your projects. I must also point out the top-notch customer service. They are quick to respond and always helpful. They have even implemented several enhancements that I requested! I don't know any other company that is quick or willing to do that.

Cons

I don't particularly care for how it calculates workload. I have multiple resources working across multiple projects and in order for the workload to calculate correctly I have to include a 'dummy task' in each project that has the same start and end date, otherwise it doesn't calculate correctly. I don't know if this makes sense, it's difficult to explain, but that was the solution I received from support team.

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Not enough of the features we needed, primarily planning workload.

Josefa from Meyer Services Company

GanttPro – The project management tool you'll need

I would like to have the UI to be more minimal. Or maybe have another feature of customizing the color of the grouped timeline bar. The blue is really distracting now. Would like to have a back button. Sometimes I accidentally moved something but I couldn't undo it and it's really annoying, especially with the linked items. When you move one. Another would move together. So when you accidentally move something, you don't really know how it looks before and this would easily mess the entire timeline.

Pros

GanttPro has an intuitive interface. With the features it has, you could better allocate your resources and keep track of the project timelines. No more delays.

Cons

Response from GanttPRO

Replied February 2020

Josefa, thank you for using GanttPRO and writing this review. I would like to pay your attention that you can easily change your task color in task settings. Right now, we have 18 different colors. Also, at the top right corner, you will find the History of changes button. This menu allows you to look through your whole project and undo any action made by you or even by your team members. You can go back even to your very first action in GanttPRO and undo it, fast and easy. You can get answers to all of your questions in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ.

León from ITESM

The best Project Management Software out there!!

I was designing a bioengineering process in order to obtain a desired molecule, and I wanted to improve the timing in my project. I first tried with the usual Excel, but the main problem is that in my process there are unit operations that can take a week and others that can take just an hour, thus, there is a poor visual aid. However, when I first tried with GanttPro, I could solve it in a very intuitive way and within 10 minutes with the perfect visual aid.

Pros

If you want an easy and visually impactful tool to manage your project in terms of task-timing and working volume, GanttPro is the best (and only) solution. I made a professional Gantt diagram in a very intuitive way in just 10 minutes with the perfect visual aid. It was perfect to differentiate between operations that can take long (weeks) and operations that are quite fast (hours). I highly recommend it!

Cons

Despite the fact that it may be a little expensive for students around the world, GanttPro even offers a free plan for us. Therefore I think there is nothing I could complain about.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied December 2020

Leon, thank you for such an amazing review!

Giuseppe from Rocket Marketing

At least, a platform that truly supports me in my daily work

I appreciate the way the software follows my daily work. It give me and the entire team the possibility to stay up to date about the work we all are doing. Everyone knows what project and task other teammate are working on and this way we can relate better each other.

Pros

I like the extremely-simple dashboard. I know what to do, which project is involved in the daily workday and its overall status, and so I can organize my job better. When I come back home in the evening I'm more relaxed because I already know the work I have to do the next day.

Cons

I would prefer the time log section with a "start/stop" feature. Today, I necessarily have to insert manually the start time and the end time. On the other hand, if a "start/stop" feature were implemented, I just had to push the button "start" and forget it until the end of my task.

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Because of its user-friendly interface and because it seemed tailor-made for our needs.

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

The last platform wasn't as complete and easy to use as this software is.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Giuseppe, thank you for the review and for using GanttPRO. We would like to pay your attention that the time task tracker has a timer option. It means you can start/stop logging your working time whenever you want. Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO.

Ambre from Sciences Po Paris

Industry: Market Research

Useful tool to follow up on a project

Great tool to follow up on your project and now when you are overdue. The timeline option is great and mostly the dependencies. You can use it for multiple projects in the same space and allocate team users to it so it is easy to use it in a collaborative way. If you want to use it only on your own, it is not mandatory to allocate team members to it. Dependencies allows you to measure the whole impact when things get delays (which always happen) and mostly, to get an overall view on one project, which is sometimes hard to get when you are in between multiple files and streams ! Took a bit of time to understand how that work, but once you get confortable with it, it really allows you to do great things !

Cons

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Ambre, thanks for using our application. If you'll have any difficulties, please, contact us in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ.

Sam from Environment & Conservation Technologies

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great for sorting our business out!

Benefits really are from organising our multiple projects far more easily and without having such complexities when figuring out workloads for different employees. It has also helped our future planning for when we want to expand the workforce.

Pros

The software was super easy to use and import our gantt charts from excel into. We did some digging around on different PM softwares and this one was superior for ease of use, price, and customer service. I do highly recommend using GanttPro for your business! It really has organised our projects and ensured that we hit our timelines without me pulling my hair out.

Cons

Nothing really to complain about yet, I'm sure there will be something but so far the customer service team has been great at helping sort any queries we had.

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

GanttPro was an easier implementation into our business.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Thank you for the positive review, Sam. We are very happy that you enjoy using GanttPRO.

Ajamu from Ile Omode

Just what our organization needed

We have used BaseCamp which is good for managing tasks, but lacked the functionality of a full project planner. This has allowed our organization to communicate and manager short to long-term projects much better.

Pros

Overall, the application's response time and general performance is a huge asset. The software is readily accessible online, which allows for easy collaboration within a working team. There is no need to install software on multiple computers, and this makes the cost far more reasonable, particularly for organizations on a limited budget. The interface provides a clean and uncluttered look, and all of the key information for managing tasks is accessed; including task name, start and end dates, duration, progress, and who the tasks are assigned to. The user can also customize this list, both hiding and showing information as individual projects dictate. One of the nicer features compared to other online project planners, is a much more mature way of handling progress and assignments. With some online planners this is not possible, and in others, it's handled in a rather cavalier fashion, allowing anyone to simply type in a resource name without accessing from a pre-loaded field, leading to problems in filtering resources, just due to incorrect typing - so I certainly like the more professional approach taken by GanttPro. Resources can be assigned costs, and the software will automatically calculate the cost for projects with this information.

Cons

Would like a greater ease to indent subtasks. I would like to see controls in the menu to shift tasks, as moving tasks seems a bit to precise in the operations.

Response from XB Software

Replied January 2018

Ajamu, we are glad to hear that GanttPRO significantly simplified your work in projects. Have a good day!

Libby from Monash University

Very impressed

Very satisfied. It was simple to input, add and adjust tasks and looked very visually attractive.

Pros

The visualization of project timelines and plans was made very simple with this tool. As well as being able to create a clear plan with start and finish dates, duration, assignment of tasks and more, the project timeline it produces was so visually appealing. Another aspect I liked which I had not seen before in my experience with other project planning software- one can add attachments to individual tasks to lead users to relevant information/links/guidelines to complete the task.

Cons

This software could be improved by the incorporation of relationships and drivers between individual tasks, so that one could see start-to-finish, start-start etc. relationships between tasks to effectively identify what tasks are driving the project completion.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Libby, thanks for the positive feedback and for using the app. I would like to pay your attention that you can create dependencies and indicate its type in the task settings. All the changes will be immediately visible on the chart. If you have some questions, please, contact us in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ. Have a good day!

Silvana from Malmö University

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Perfect for projects

Pros

GanttPro is a very easy and functional programme to use. You can do a lot of things with it and works perfect when managing different projects but want to be on top of everything. It's worth spending money on it, I've tried other programmes like Ganttpro but haven't had the same experience since they're not as easy to learn and has not had that many options as Ganttpro does. Its also very easy to invite people in your project and adapt/add/delete tasks in the timeline if needed. Overall I think this software gives a good chance to everyone that wants to plan or manage a project to learn to do it fast and effective. I would recommend it to everyone! Thank you for helping me with my current and future projects.

Cons

I did not find many things to dislike about the software but the PDF saved file should be more adaptable to the file and you should be able to customise even more. Other than that I have not seen anything other that I would like to approve.

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

It was too complicated for what I needed.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied December 2020

Silvana, it is nice to hear such positive feedback. Thanks!

Juan from Ramos y Asociados, Arquitectos, SC

Team Based Scheduling

I find it is a good software, it has helped me sell my work since Clients appreciate Time Control, specially on Projects that take months. Team members are happy, everyone knows "where" we are and "what" needs to be done since it is cloud based and some Team members are in different offices and cities.

Pros

I use it for schedulling architectural design projects, and find it has good features besides the obvious and basics: you can use WBS, Lag Time, Personal Calendars, custom color the Task Bars, which give you better control and feel of your schedule, and use Filters to "see" what you want to focus on. Also has a Critical Path!

Cons

The Task Bar Time span is only produced according to the Project Calendar. I have staff with different work days and hours (per day) - Personal Calendars - so I expected the software to produce different Time Spans based on Personal Calendars but it does not. You have to punch in the "Effort Hours" (real hours to do the Task), use your calculator and punch in "Duration Hours", based on what the actual Person works per day and week. Then if you reassign the Task to someone with a different Personal Calendar, punch in Duration again :(

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Juan, thank you very much for the review. Automatic change of a task duration depending on available hours of resources is one of the top requests for today. In a few months it will be possible. Stay tuned!

zhong from Coventry university

The Best Tool for Drawing Gantt Charts and Managing your Projects

Pros

I have tried some famous software to draw Gantt charts such as Excel and some online web Apps, but I was never satisfied with any of them. When I trid to use GanttPro online, it deeply impressed me. I was surprised about the convenience, easy-to-use user interface, beautiful themes of GanttPro web App which greatly helped my project management. I guess many of you just like me are looking for a tool of project management, I can say that if you make a try on using GanttPro, you will never need to find other tools for Gantt chart and will love it. At last, if you go with GanttPro, you will not have scheduling conflict again, it can be the best tool for drawing Gantt charts and managing your projects.

Cons

The trial period might be a little short, but is still accptable.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied November 2020

Zhong, it is fantastic that you are enjoying GanttPRO features so much! As for the trial, we can individually consider your application. Please, contact us in the live chat on the site or email at support@ganttpro.com. Have a nice day!

Laura from Booking.Com

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Free trial was great, we are looking at going ahead with purchasing the licenses

My team is using it to schedule tasks and meetings for quarterly forecasting. When everyone has visibility of the process it is easier to communicate, also if one deadline moves then it reschedules everyone's tasks in line.

Pros

Ability to add a person as a resource without them needing an account. Ease of use and it's not over-complicated. Ability to set dependencies and move tasks together. Send email reminders and link to GoogleDrive.

Cons

Would like it if slack could be built into the dependencies so that one task doesn't move when another does unless it moves past a certain date.

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Too complex for our needs and more expensive.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Thank you very much for the review, Laura. We'd like to inform you that GanttPRO provides the "lag" option. While creating dependencies, you can easily put a duration that a dependent task must lag before and after the dependency is met. You can set positive or negative lag. Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO.

Laura from Good Rebels

Un "must" para gestion de proyectos

Pros

La curva de aprendizaje es muy corta. La visualización de los datos y del gantt es muy amigable. La introducción de los datos es muy fácil. Cuenta con campos suficientes para poder llevar el control de la producción y rentabilidad del proyecto. Poder visualizar la carga de trabajo del equipo, ayuda a la gestión de equipos de manera más rápida.

Cons

Tener un plan de prueba completo con todas las funcionalidades.

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

El precio y la visualización de los datos.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied December 2020

Gracias por los comentarios, Laura.

Charles from Propeller Health

Great tool for timlines

Pros

As a project manager, I have difficulty putting all of my timelines in one place, but also making it readable by stakeholders in the project and owners of tasks. GANTTPRO solves all of these problems. It's simple user interface allows for quick learning for project managers but also easily readable for others. I like that it has a public URL, to share with non-users, and also an export feature. This allows it to be easily shared without having to invite someone to use the software.

Cons

I struggle to put anything here, as it has been quality software for me. But, if an integration with JIRA would be incorporated, not just an import feature, that would be great.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Charles, thanks for the review! We would like to inform you that we have integration with JIRA. Also, we are considering to launch other integrations. Which one would you like to see in GanttPRO? If you need help, please, contact us at support@ganttpro.com or via live chat on our site and we will answer all your questions. Have a nice day!

Jeremy from AEI

Easy to use. Nice graphical interface!

As a project manager, my projects often have major shifts in deadlines due to the nature of our clients. Projects, or portions of them, may at any time be accelerated or postponed literally months in a single notice. GanttPro makes it easy to realign and redistribute the tasks in order balance out the workload of my team.

Pros

The ability to add/delete/move items is natural and doesn't require any time in designing 'if/then" type of dependencies. It can all be quickly rearranged graphically using drag & drop. I knew instantly I was abandoning the excel-type products I had been using.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was the longer than expected load time. Initial loading takes about 1 minute. Once loaded however, all changes are practically instantaneous, so it's not an ongoing issue. I've had zero issues in speed for manipulation, saving, etc. In all reality, the initial load time is not that significant and the advantages of this platform far outweigh this singular issue.

Response from XB Software

Replied April 2018

Jeremy, thank you for such a profound review. We are happy that GanttPRO gives you so many ways to improve your project management. Also, we always work on the speed of load time so that you will not experience any issues with your work. It's good to hear that it didn't cause you any inconvenience.

matan from biomedical engineer

good!!!

Pros

I really like this software! She is the most orderly there, the easiest to understand and arranges for me the best project I could ask for! I am a biomedical engineering student so it is very important to me a good software for managing the project. I found this software to be the most excellent of all the other software. Also the matter of downloading the schedule to the most tidy computer I found out of all the other software. Plus, the design in the software is perfect! Very nice and boring design. I also see that it is also very suitable for managing large company projects, easy to add employees and share tasks for everyone. For everyone to use.

Cons

nothing .This software just isn't missing anything !!! It is perfect software and has no drawbacks to it. I will continue to use it for a long time

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Matan, thank you so much for such a warm feedback! We are happy that GanttPRO simplified your work in projects.

Fanling from University of Canterbury

Great Gantt Chart Tool Overall

GANTTPRO is a very easy tool for anyone to pick up and start with. Setting up a new project was very straightforward. GANTTPRO is definitely comparable to the top Gantt chart offerings in the market. If you’re looking to try out an alternative software, GANTTPRO will not let you down.

Pros

GANTTPRO has a very nice interface, and allows more than enough customisation options. Not only that, the user experience is also highly intuitive. For example, adding a new subproject is easy, you can easily drag it to the right position after creating it. This has helped in my university assignment so much.

Cons

There is not much to complain, except I wish GANTTPRO offers monthly subscriptions for student users like myself. They pricing options are currently limited to annual billing. Apart from that, the free trial version is also forcing users to have watermark on the background of each export.

Blake from Nolan Real Estate

Great Software

Pros

This is easy to use, and I love the project history that is available.........no searching through multiple folders......all active projects are right there. Easy to change dates, durations, dependencies, and switch between projects. I've used both MS Project and FastTrack, and I'll admit that those are super robust programs..........but for the money, GanttPRO is easier to use and has 90% of the features that those big guys have. FYI.........I track low level construction projects in the multi-family industry.....previously, I was tracking bigger construction projects in Commerical and Health Care industries and still did not need to use all of the features in MS Project or FastTrack.

Cons

There have been a few glitches..........but customer service fixes them quickly. If you need a super robust system, this might not be the best.........but for 75% of project management needs, this fits the bill.

Price and ease of use.

Too expensive

Felipe from Universidad Andres Bello

La mejor aplicación para administar un proyecto

Pros

Es la mejor y mas completa herramienta para administrar un proyecto, cuenta con las herramientas precisas que se necesitan, creo que el uso OnLine es su punto mas fuerte, y una gran diferencia con MS Project, además es muy intuitiva y facil de usa, con el tablero kanban se puede gestionar facilmente las actividades, ademas no se complica con configuraciones dificiles, si no que te entrega facilmente lo que necesitas, tal como el agregamiento de recursos y su valor.

Cons

Creo que deben sumas mas reportes, como la curva S

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Me cambie por lo caro que es MS Project, además para usuarios de MAC es imposible tenerlo instalado, y el uso de la herramienta virtual que tienen, es extremadamente limitado, y cuando vi GanttPro, todas mis necesidades fueron resueltas

Response from GanttPRO

Replied December 2020

Felipe, thank you for such a positive review. We are working to make our reports better, so stay tuned :)

Sahar from Savannah College of Art and Design

Keeps me on track

I've come across GanttPRO when looking for a software to keep me on track for my thesis project and so far it has great! It's easy to use and has great tools all in one place.

Pros

It's super easy to use (drag and drop tasks into the order you need them) and I love the fact that tasks can be color-coded. Another nifty feature is the ability to create links between tasks and thus create a sequence that automatically gets adjusted if a previous task is changed. One other benefit is the option to create a public link to share the chart with someone else — this has come in very handy when discussing my progress with my thesis adviser (without having to sign up for an account).

Cons

I wish some other features could be deactivated, for example, I have no collaborators for a certain project, therefore there is no need to assign the task to someone — the should automatically be assigned to the project owner in this case.

PATRICK from Boston University School of Public Health

Industry: Research

A tool to help with the overwhelm

Pros

I was hired to replace a research coordinator at my university. The project was at its start-up phase and multiple tasks and milestones were running in parallel. I knew what a Gantt chart was, but was looking for a friendly interface that would just let me dive in. I tried LucidChart. I tried Microsoft Project. They worked, but I found myself needing to stop and figure out how to do what I wanted to do with my chart. GanttPRO is by far the easiest interface because it does "one" thing: Gantt charts, and it does it extremely well.

Cons

There isn't a button to pop out the chart in a separate window. Given that it works on browers, working on the chart itself and working with the table version of the chart simultaneously is difficult if you don't open a new instance in a separate window. I usually place the table in its own separate monitor and then the chart in the other. You can do it but it's not that easy to figure out. I wish there were a button to pop it out into another window (ala gmail). Another suggestion, if you can even do this on a browser, is to be able to multiple select a range of tasks that would be copied and pasted. You can do this now, but it's either a single task or the entire subtask list.

Ksenia from FEFU

Best option for a Gantt Chart

Overall experience is great. I am using GanttPRO for a University project, as all other programs were with too complicated to use, or didn't look attractive for me. I am glad that i have found this website, which allowed to create chart very quickly, without any problems and beautifully looking.

Pros

I believe that Gantt Pro is the best option, when choosing a program for a Gantt Chart. First of all, it is aesthetically pleasant, unlike most programs available. It has nice color and smooth shapes. It is extremely easy to use, even someone without experience can easily navigate. For example, creating dependencies - it can be just dragged. Also it is simple to find how to add special things, like lag. Even though mostly everything can be done without opening task settings, all missing elements or corrections can be done there. Additionally, It is great that if there are people that are not registered, still can be added by names and be inserted into the chart. Another plus, even with a free trial it is possible to download your chart (everything can be visible despite watermarks).

Cons

During my experience i haven't found any drawbacks

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Ksenia, thanks for such a positive review. We are glad that GanttPRO helped you in the studying process.

Eric from Penn Medicine

Finally a Gantt Chart Software worth using!

Pros

Viewing and exporting feature are super helpful when you need to share the info with someone outside of your organization. The ability to share charts and organize users for specific access and control is very helpful.

Cons

When you print the charts to paper, the indented levels of milestones and tasks are all left aligned and it makes it difficult to distinguish the milestones.

Response from XB Software

Replied April 2018

Unfortunately, we do have that bug with printing. But we work on improving it. Thank you for your review, Eric. Please, stay tuned and you will see how GanttPRO is changing for better!

Frederico Augusto from Oppidum Engenharia

Industry: Civil Engineering

Forma fácil de organizar projetos do iniciante ao avançado

Tenho utilizado o Ganttpro por volta de um ano, fiz uma pesquisa completa de softwares no mercado que auxiliassem a gerência de projetos. O Ganttpro me pareceu o mais adequado e tem cumprido com as minhas expectativas. De forma intuitiva é possível organizar tarefas, incluir custos envolvidos, hierarquizar as tarefas antecessoras e predecessoras, além de em caso de equipe poder alocar cada colaborador na tarefa em específico, fazendo a gerência completa do projeto. O meu ramo é de Engenharia Civil, consegui montar a partir do zero um cronograma de atividades, com a linha de base inicial, e ir atualizando ao longo do projeto. A visualização pode ser feita tanto em gráfico de Gantt ou em Kanban, o que facilita no caso de pessoas que não estão familiarizados com esse tipo de plataforma.

Pros

O Ganttpro é intuitivo, fácil de usar, possui ferramentas importantes para a gerência de projetos e está completamente na nuvem.

Cons

Pode melhorar a usabilidade em telas touch

Response from GanttPRO

Replied December 2020

Es genial leer una respuesta tan positiva. Disfruta de la planificacion con GanttPRO.

Aravind Reddy from Arizona State University

Industry: Civil Engineering

Finally, the best timeline app which I am looking for

I was looking for a good timeline app to plan all my projects and attach tasks to them. Gantt pro gives it all.

Pros

The timelines are well developed. The features which I like the most are the progress which is shown on the gantt bar and liking the tasks together. The ability to create sub projects and then tasks inside that sub project is a plus. I really like the organization of the projects with two views and also the workload section in the bottom.

Cons

The user interface can be a bit more friendly. But, overall, its a great tool.

Ivan from Arloid Group

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Half year of project saving and agility for a very few fees

time saving and fast planing results sharable for all stakeholders and DevTeam

Pros

Easy start without preparation and weighty installation, without any spends of it resource! All online and shareable for the whole team and customer! Integration with Jira software makes project planning and task tracking affordable. I can run project and estimate future of all features, not only in the small window of sprint dashboard.

Cons

it is not easy to talk about issues of a great product, but I would be nice to introduce more keyboard hotkeys support.

Response from XB Software

Replied December 2017

Thank you, Ivan, for your helpful feedback. If you need to get help with keyboard hotkeys, please, chat with our customer service agent on ganttpro.com for more details.

Jean Mathieu from Student

GanttPro is really a great! It helps me to get more than I was expecting to have.

Pros

You the ability to add, delete and to move items in a naturally way and does give a great type of dependencies. It is easy to drag & drop and rearranged graphically. It is very convenient and even quicker than excel-type products.

Cons

When you trying to print the charts to paper it's a bid difficult when creating dependencies the tasks get linked, the milestones are hard to distinguish.

Anas from Université angers

Useful Software

Pros

This software is one of the most valuable software I've faced in the fields of project management, it provides a bunch of utilities that help you manage your project in a better way, As a student, this software helps me in a lot. The thing that I liked the most about this software is keeping versions/snapshots of the modifications in the cloud so that you can undo some changes. The Overall experience is great.

Cons

The thing that I like the leat about this software is the format of the report.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied December 2020

Anas, we are glad GanttPRO helps you in your studying process. Thanks for the review. Stay tuned!

Barbora from Hays

Good software. Easy to understand and easy to use.

Pros

I liked that the software was user friendly and easy to navigate. Within 10 minutes I knew how the software works and I created a good solid project plan in no time. Its very easy to create dependencies between tasks as well as to create subtasks. I like that you can import existing project plans as well as you can use software's templates as basis for your plan. You can also export your plan as pdf or image but you need to pay subscription fee for this. You can give access to multiple users which is very useful.

Cons

There was one thing in particular that I didnt like, when you're creating dependencies your tasks get linked. However I wish I could adjust the shape of the arrow in order to make it more visually pleasing. I found this an issue when I was adding in many dependencies and there were lines everywhere and not necessary shown in the easiest way to understand them. I know in MS Visio you can adjust this so it would be useful to introduce this feature here as well.

Gary from e-MSion, Inc.

Industry: Biotechnology

Definitely recommend. Very easy-to-use and easy-to-learn software for small to medium-sized projects

Pros

- Easy to learn. I was rocking GanttPro within 10 minutes. For comparison, with Microsoft Project (version 2010?), it was days of work, while still having the software be confused by the scheduling logic and durations when auto-scheduling. - Easy to use - Easy to share your work with a team. I believe there is even a way to link people to a read-only view of your project. - The Gantt charts look great, which I think is important, because it helps people understand the information. - Runs in a browser. Great for cross-platform compatibility. - Extremely responsive customer support team.

Cons

- No deal breakers, only a few minor annoyances that would only affect some users - When you open a task’s detail window, there is a section that shows the links / logic ties to other activities. The icons all look the same to me, so I can’t tell if the activities are tied FS, SS, FF, etc. If you are not doing very large projects with lots of dependencies, then this will not affect you at all. However, for items with lots of dependencies, chasing the arrows in the Gantt chart view becomes confusing quickly. - I wish it was cheaper, but I say that about many things :)

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Slick interface. Very quick and easy to put together a schedule. Includes resource loading capabilities.

Ivan from FER

Great managment software

Best time managment tool I have used and I have been very satisfied with it.

Pros

GanttPRO is great project managment tool and looks very nice. It has fresh and innovative design. User can select working hours and working days which I found lacking in many similiar softwares. It is very easy to use and very intuitive. Also, I liked drag and drop functionalities, the integrated dependencies and progress tracking. Charts are very customizable. Overall I really like the software. You can do a wide range of things with it and it makes it very easy to communicate with members in the team.

Cons

Nothing in particular. Everything I have used is at least as good as my previous products.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Ivan, glad to see that you're satisfied with our application. Thanks for the feedback!

Marina from AlteqLab

Easy to use product for planning

My team use GanttPRO mostly for tracking time. This is a new feature for the product and I like how the GanttPRO's team work with my feedbacks.

Pros

Necessary results in time. The interface is clear and easy to see the current state of a project. Convenient to use gantt and kanban boards if it's necessary. Clearing minds from tasks and knowing that I am on the right step to perform my tasks.

Cons

I can't add tasks from kanban board, so sometimes the workflow can be not so fast

Fast support

Dmitry from Kuoll

Best tool for product roadmap planning and project progress tracking

Pros

I love that I'm able to see the project status overview, and then immediately navigate into specific tasks / assignments. Also, I can manage dev / marketing without switching to different board (like in Trello). Also, it's visual. Trello board became too clumsy for me over time.

Cons

It's a bit complicated. But simpler products do not allow you to manage time. I switched from Trello. It worked fine until I started to need to plan ahead, and not just focusing on immediate priorities. I recommend switching to Ganntpro when you need TIME planning! Not earlier.

Response from XB Software

Replied April 2018

Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO, Dmitry.

Adele from Telesure Investment Holdings

GanttPro, easy as pie

GanttPro is a all in one solution, from logging time to viewing, adding and maintaining tasks, push notifications for when tasks are done is a major advantage for a project manager that wants to be kept in the know. Having it export beautifully as a PDF makes reporting at a glance much easier especially when needing to present in meetings around project deadlines and specific tasks.

Pros

I loved that I could import my Microsoft Projects directly into GanttPro with a click of a button. The system is easy to use and works very well when exporting to PDF or other formats which is a major plus.

Cons

It took a while to get accustomed to what all the buttons do, as there were no hover overs to explain them.

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

I could not easily figure out a way to get my Gantt chart to be exported to a PDF, so I did some research and GanttPro was the best tool for the job, as I could easily import my project, meaning no rework, and I could export to a PDF which looked stunning.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Adele, thank you very much for a positive review! We really appreciate it. Please, feel free to contact our online support or email at support@ganttpro.com in case you have some questions. Stay tuned and you will see how GanttPRO is changing for better.

Andres from OAU | Office of Architecture and Urbanism

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great gantt based App at great value

Overall GanttPRO has been the most intuitive and complete solution for our project management. The GanttPRO team is extremely responsive and helpful as well.

Pros

The number one reason I chose this app is because it is a Gantt based project management tool, which in my opinion is the most suitable for architecture, design, or project based businesses. The interface is clean, simple and well designed. The ability to track time by logging in hours spent on a task is essential in being able to control project costs and fine tune future fee proposals. Google drive integration also made this a excellent option for my company.

Cons

Although I really like the interface, it would be nice to have a bit more customization options as far as the graphic design or look. A calendar view would be a great addition. Ability or option to see days off, holidays, more clearly in Gantt chart view would be great. Perhaps a slightly different hatch in the bar relating to the task could indicate a non work day.

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Features, value, ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Time tracking was essential. Interface was not what we were hoping for.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Andres, we are glad that you enjoy using GanttPRO. Thanks for the positive feedback. By the way, we're working on a calendar view option. So stay tuned, a lot of new features and possibilities are coming up.

Great Software

Overall great experience. Highly recommend.

Pros

Great software for planning with timelines. It’s easy to quickly set up. Drag and drop feature lets you adjust. Has dependencies. Preconfigured templates are nice to save time when setting up. Has a view range from years to hours, which is nice. It's nice to have that range to let you do big picture planning and connect that to the day to day. The interface is clean and easy to navigate. Highly recommend. Versatile software with many applications.

Cons

Only con is there is no mobile app. Sounds like that might be in the works.

Response from GanttPRO

Replied May 2020

Thank you for such an amazing review! Exactly, we're working hard on the mobile app. Stay tuned and you'll see how GanttPRO is changing for better.