• Pros

• "Beautiful interface, easy to use, all the features I need."

• "Very easy to use. You will have automatically a KANBAN Board, which helps you to have a great visual overview. "

• "I like that it is available online. It is cost effective. It is easy to create a simple chart. The software is simple. "

• Cons

• "UI could be a bit better but not too bad overall. A little hard to understand how to setup at first but once you have it worked out it's good. "

• "it is not easy to talk about issues of a great product, but I would be nice to introduce more keyboard hotkeys support. "

• "I struggle to put anything here, as it has been quality software for me. But, if an integration with JIRA would be incorporated, not just an import feature, that would be great. "

Browse GanttPRO Reviews

Grzegorz from MENTAX

Very good software

Looking for effective project management tools, I can recommend with a clear conscience, GantPro as one of the most interesting solutions - online work (including multi-platform nature), document sharing, quick and reliable support. For me it is definitely one of the basic work tools now.

Pros

Comfortable and in most cases intuitive software. On the plus side, you should include the option of shared work. Well supports the management of many projects at the same time. In addition, the developers provide effective and quick technical support in the form of a chat, which allows you to get the answer to the question associated with the program without leaving the job.

Cons

Unfortunately, like all software running in the browser, there are also sporadic problems with the performance or the refresh rate of charts, especially for more complex projects. Fortunately, each project will have its own history, so in case of problems (or too fast clicking, before the program calculates e.g. dates in several dozen related tasks), you can go back to a specific point in the history and edit project again.

Fernando from AMAN

Industry: Defense & Space

The unique tool that allow you to manage your tasks intraday and suitable to the Agile method!

GanttPro can any intraday hour, making it a versatil tool ideal for groups that work under Agile rules. The lifetime line shows the process ongoing and it is suitable different access profile levels for the team members, allowing, include, make the data available for query without mistaken interfering for managerial enterprise levels.

Pros

To select team work, time and deadlines in any 24hours it is really useful. This capacity distinguishes GanttPro for the all others in this project manegement tool market. The lifetime line ongoing intraday is excellent to Agile way of project management and this the GanttPro strongest point. The different access profile levels for the team members allow to share project progress with managerial enterprise staff. To allow 14 days to free trial is an excellent opportunity to discover how useful GanttPro is. There are official tutorial videos showing how to enhace the GanttPro usage. Besides the online livechat can help you in any case. Furthermore, it is possible to fit your group size at a fair price just consulting the livechat.

Cons

It is hard to undo something, like a mistake. Consequently, it is necessary to recover some previous version. Allow the keyboard short pass crtl+z could optimize this minor correction. Could generate reports informing stats like: tasks finished/open, tasks links, an integration percentage. Other improve opportunity would be allowed to set the link color to make easy identify the process part when the link line happen in the same time taking the same screen space.

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Because GanttPro allow to select team work, time and deadlines in any 24hours, and to create links between the tasks, and to agroup tasks in subgroups.

Louis from NTU

One of the easiest and useful online project management tool on the market

I am able to track timeline creeping using the baseline feature on GanttPRO which I find it extremely useful to update team members and stakeholders to explain the deviations.

Pros

The interface of GanttPRO software is easy to use and intuitive enough even for beginners. It allows you to plan and manage your projects by phases and task level. You can choose to assign task to team members who are working on the same project as long as they have an account with GanttPRO. When things goes wrong and there is a deviation on the project timeline, GanttPRO allows you to track these deviations against your baseline, in this way, you will be able to track the task and update stakeholders about the delays and make a decision if addition resources should be allocated to mitigate time creeping on the project timeline. It is simply easy to use and it works.

Cons

The trial time is too short to be of any use to anyone who is working on a real project. Sometimes it takes a completed project to convince stakeholders to buy in for the software.

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

GanttPRO allows Users to track deviations on baseline, which is a mandatory requirement for any Project Managers in my opinion.

Francesca from Lab Zero Games

Its SUPER slow to load. the design is terrible, almost unusable, started to transition away from it

Pros

the gantt chart is useful.

Cons

its SUPER slow to load, there is no way to easily mark things as done. It doesnt support more than 10 tasks without taking at least 20 seconds to load anything, just clicking on a new tasks takes on average 20 seconds to load, unusable. I regret investing in this product

Response from XB Software

Replied January 2018

Dear Francesca. We deeply regret that you encountered problems with GanttPRO. However, thank you for pointing out to the problems with performance. They do really occur. We will do our best to fix them in the nearest future. And we would like to offer you again to join us in a few weeks and enjoy smooth project management with GanttPRO. Have a nice day!

Kristen from 20:20 Retail Data Insight

GanttPro for the win

The main business issue that we solved was the ability to track and manage workload for resources who work across multiple projects. Now it's all in one place and scheduling projects is super easy.

Pros

I like the ability to add dependencies and it automatically moves everything if you switch a date, it saves me the headache of rescheduling a load of subsequent tasks. I also like that you can select how much information that you want to see for each individual project and that it doesn't 'require' you to fill in a bunch of fields and categories that aren't relevant or important to your projects. I must also point out the top-notch customer service. They are quick to respond and always helpful. They have even implemented several enhancements that I requested! I don't know any other company that is quick or willing to do that.

Cons

I don't particularly care for how it calculates workload. I have multiple resources working across multiple projects and in order for the workload to calculate correctly I have to include a 'dummy task' in each project that has the same start and end date, otherwise it doesn't calculate correctly. I don't know if this makes sense, it's difficult to explain, but that was the solution I received from support team.

Ambre from Sciences Po Paris

Industry: Market Research

Useful tool to follow up on a project

Great tool to follow up on your project and now when you are overdue. The timeline option is great and mostly the dependencies. You can use it for multiple projects in the same space and allocate team users to it so it is easy to use it in a collaborative way. If you want to use it only on your own, it is not mandatory to allocate team members to it. Dependencies allows you to measure the whole impact when things get delays (which always happen) and mostly, to get an overall view on one project, which is sometimes hard to get when you are in between multiple files and streams ! Took a bit of time to understand how that work, but once you get confortable with it, it really allows you to do great things !

Giuseppe from Rocket Marketing

At least, a platform that truly supports me in my daily work

I appreciate the way the software follows my daily work. It give me and the entire team the possibility to stay up to date about the work we all are doing. Everyone knows what project and task other teammate are working on and this way we can relate better each other.

Pros

I like the extremely-simple dashboard. I know what to do, which project is involved in the daily workday and its overall status, and so I can organize my job better. When I come back home in the evening I'm more relaxed because I already know the work I have to do the next day.

Cons

I would prefer the time log section with a "start/stop" feature. Today, I necessarily have to insert manually the start time and the end time. On the other hand, if a "start/stop" feature were implemented, I just had to push the button "start" and forget it until the end of my task.

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Because of its user-friendly interface and because it seemed tailor-made for our needs.

Juan from Ramos y Asociados, Arquitectos, SC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Team Based Scheduling

I find it is a good software, it has helped me sell my work since Clients appreciate Time Control, specially on Projects that take months. Team members are happy, everyone knows "where" we are and "what" needs to be done since it is cloud based and some Team members are in different offices and cities.

Pros

I use it for schedulling architectural design projects, and find it has good features besides the obvious and basics: you can use WBS, Lag Time, Personal Calendars, custom color the Task Bars, which give you better control and feel of your schedule, and use Filters to "see" what you want to focus on. Also has a Critical Path!

Cons

The Task Bar Time span is only produced according to the Project Calendar. I have staff with different work days and hours (per day) - Personal Calendars - so I expected the software to produce different Time Spans based on Personal Calendars but it does not. You have to punch in the "Effort Hours" (real hours to do the Task), use your calculator and punch in "Duration Hours", based on what the actual Person works per day and week. Then if you reassign the Task to someone with a different Personal Calendar, punch in Duration again :(

Fanling from University of Canterbury

Great Gantt Chart Tool Overall

GANTTPRO is a very easy tool for anyone to pick up and start with. Setting up a new project was very straightforward. GANTTPRO is definitely comparable to the top Gantt chart offerings in the market. If youre looking to try out an alternative software, GANTTPRO will not let you down.

Pros

GANTTPRO has a very nice interface, and allows more than enough customisation options. Not only that, the user experience is also highly intuitive. For example, adding a new subproject is easy, you can easily drag it to the right position after creating it. This has helped in my university assignment so much.

Cons

There is not much to complain, except I wish GANTTPRO offers monthly subscriptions for student users like myself. They pricing options are currently limited to annual billing. Apart from that, the free trial version is also forcing users to have watermark on the background of each export.

PATRICK from Boston University School of Public Health

Industry: Research

A tool to help with the overwhelm

Pros

I was hired to replace a research coordinator at my university. The project was at its start-up phase and multiple tasks and milestones were running in parallel. I knew what a Gantt chart was, but was looking for a friendly interface that would just let me dive in. I tried LucidChart. I tried Microsoft Project. They worked, but I found myself needing to stop and figure out how to do what I wanted to do with my chart. GanttPRO is by far the easiest interface because it does "one" thing: Gantt charts, and it does it extremely well.

Cons

There isn't a button to pop out the chart in a separate window. Given that it works on browers, working on the chart itself and working with the table version of the chart simultaneously is difficult if you don't open a new instance in a separate window. I usually place the table in its own separate monitor and then the chart in the other. You can do it but it's not that easy to figure out. I wish there were a button to pop it out into another window (ala gmail). Another suggestion, if you can even do this on a browser, is to be able to multiple select a range of tasks that would be copied and pasted. You can do this now, but it's either a single task or the entire subtask list.

Tristan from Durham University

Industry: Music

GanttPRO; A Software clearly built by professionals for professionals

My overall experience has been hugely positive. The trial has enabled me to organise several different things, from concert programming to a year-long ballet project. It also enables me to provide my clients with clarity on workloads and deadlines so they can keep a track on my progress and watch the compositions develop.

Pros

The software has a highly effective and easy to use UI, which is complimented by a vast array of features that make work life easier. It provides simple and effective tools (such as user-filtered Gantt Charts) that enable effective project management so that everyone can track their porgess on all of the assigned tasks and increase productivity. The software also bends and flexes easily if things go awry, extending deadlines and automatically compensating for the extra added time. Overall this product is: Easy to use, Effective, Well designed and thought through

Cons

As an individual, the pricing strategy makes it difficult to justify, especially with users such as myself who work with many different teams from different organisations on the same project. Such cross-organisation collaborative work is not so easily catered for, but the features in the Individual liscence do just enough that you can get by. Overall this product isn't: Easy to use if you work with teams from many different organsiations

Rodrigo from Universidad Mayor de San ndres

Excellent tool for the organization of tasks and equipment

I have been jumping from tool to tool (as mentioned above) that allows me to organize the tasks of my equipment but when I find this tool that allows me to better manage my work team, I experience a simple management and a great help for organize my tasks and those of my team. It allows me to observe only the GANTT diagram for the presentations to my bosses about the projects, it allows me to export to excel so that my Project Management can register all my schedule and evaluate the times. Finally this tool allowed me to be more agile and organized without being configuring or writing rules for my tasks.

Pros

I have been searching and testing several tools that allow me to organize tasks and resources, among them: Trello, Instagantt, Project Libre... But this system allows you to organize tasks in an intuitive way, without complex configurations, drag and drop tasks, work collaboratively with several people without us being in the same place, a collaborative tool, I can also export my diagram to image and excel, this helps me a lot to make my presentations of projects, also its high parameterization of elements: days holidays, work hours, work days and also allows me to observe how I am giving the workload to my team, allowing me to be equitable when the work is concerned... In short, I just started using this tool and I saw something of all its potential that it has and simply fascinates me, I'm a systems engineer and I usually work with development teams and projects that need to plan icarse. I can really recommend this tool because of its simplicity and its potential.

Cons

Its test time, it seems to me that it is something short to use and know all its potential, and even more so for those who start to see this type of tools. Maybe if you could say is that you have a wiki for each project, although the comments and details of each task and project are useful, you have to review each element to find observations to tasks or knowledge that can contribute to the development of tasks.

Josefa from Meyer Services Company

GanttPro The project management tool you'll need

I would like to have the UI to be more minimal. Or maybe have another feature of customizing the color of the grouped timeline bar. The blue is really distracting now. Would like to have a back button. Sometimes I accidentally moved something but I couldn't undo it and it's really annoying, especially with the linked items. When you move one. Another would move together. So when you accidentally move something, you don't really know how it looks before and this would easily mess the entire timeline.

Pros

GanttPro has an intuitive interface. With the features it has, you could better allocate your resources and keep track of the project timelines. No more delays.

Cons

Response from GanttPRO

Replied February 2020

Josefa, thank you for using GanttPRO and writing this review. I would like to pay your attention that you can easily change your task color in task settings. Right now, we have 18 different colors. Also, at the top right corner, you will find the History of changes button. This menu allows you to look through your whole project and undo any action made by you or even by your team members. You can go back even to your very first action in GanttPRO and undo it, fast and easy. You can get answers to all of your questions in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ.

Ajamu from Ile Omode

Just what our organization needed

We have used BaseCamp which is good for managing tasks, but lacked the functionality of a full project planner. This has allowed our organization to communicate and manager short to long-term projects much better.

Pros

Overall, the application's response time and general performance is a huge asset. The software is readily accessible online, which allows for easy collaboration within a working team. There is no need to install software on multiple computers, and this makes the cost far more reasonable, particularly for organizations on a limited budget. The interface provides a clean and uncluttered look, and all of the key information for managing tasks is accessed; including task name, start and end dates, duration, progress, and who the tasks are assigned to. The user can also customize this list, both hiding and showing information as individual projects dictate. One of the nicer features compared to other online project planners, is a much more mature way of handling progress and assignments. With some online planners this is not possible, and in others, it's handled in a rather cavalier fashion, allowing anyone to simply type in a resource name without accessing from a pre-loaded field, leading to problems in filtering resources, just due to incorrect typing - so I certainly like the more professional approach taken by GanttPro. Resources can be assigned costs, and the software will automatically calculate the cost for projects with this information.

Cons

Would like a greater ease to indent subtasks. I would like to see controls in the menu to shift tasks, as moving tasks seems a bit to precise in the operations.

Response from XB Software

Replied January 2018

Ajamu, we are glad to hear that GanttPRO significantly simplified your work in projects. Have a good day!

Jeremy from AEI

Easy to use. Nice graphical interface!

As a project manager, my projects often have major shifts in deadlines due to the nature of our clients. Projects, or portions of them, may at any time be accelerated or postponed literally months in a single notice. GanttPro makes it easy to realign and redistribute the tasks in order balance out the workload of my team.

Pros

The ability to add/delete/move items is natural and doesn't require any time in designing 'if/then" type of dependencies. It can all be quickly rearranged graphically using drag & drop. I knew instantly I was abandoning the excel-type products I had been using.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was the longer than expected load time. Initial loading takes about 1 minute. Once loaded however, all changes are practically instantaneous, so it's not an ongoing issue. I've had zero issues in speed for manipulation, saving, etc. In all reality, the initial load time is not that significant and the advantages of this platform far outweigh this singular issue.

Response from XB Software

Replied April 2018

Jeremy, thank you for such a profound review. We are happy that GanttPRO gives you so many ways to improve your project management. Also, we always work on the speed of load time so that you will not experience any issues with your work. It's good to hear that it didn't cause you any inconvenience.

Sahar from Savannah College of Art and Design

Keeps me on track

I've come across GanttPRO when looking for a software to keep me on track for my thesis project and so far it has great! It's easy to use and has great tools all in one place.

Pros

It's super easy to use (drag and drop tasks into the order you need them) and I love the fact that tasks can be color-coded. Another nifty feature is the ability to create links between tasks and thus create a sequence that automatically gets adjusted if a previous task is changed. One other benefit is the option to create a public link to share the chart with someone else this has come in very handy when discussing my progress with my thesis adviser (without having to sign up for an account).

Cons

I wish some other features could be deactivated, for example, I have no collaborators for a certain project, therefore there is no need to assign the task to someone the should automatically be assigned to the project owner in this case.

matan from biomedical engineer

good!!!

Pros

I really like this software! She is the most orderly there, the easiest to understand and arranges for me the best project I could ask for! I am a biomedical engineering student so it is very important to me a good software for managing the project. I found this software to be the most excellent of all the other software. Also the matter of downloading the schedule to the most tidy computer I found out of all the other software. Plus, the design in the software is perfect! Very nice and boring design. I also see that it is also very suitable for managing large company projects, easy to add employees and share tasks for everyone. For everyone to use.

Cons

nothing .This software just isn't missing anything !!! It is perfect software and has no drawbacks to it. I will continue to use it for a long time

Eric from Penn Medicine

Finally a Gantt Chart Software worth using!

Pros

Viewing and exporting feature are super helpful when you need to share the info with someone outside of your organization. The ability to share charts and organize users for specific access and control is very helpful.

Cons

When you print the charts to paper, the indented levels of milestones and tasks are all left aligned and it makes it difficult to distinguish the milestones.

Response from XB Software

Replied April 2018

Unfortunately, we do have that bug with printing. But we work on improving it. Thank you for your review, Eric. Please, stay tuned and you will see how GanttPRO is changing for better!

Ivan from Arloid Group

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Half year of project saving and agility for a very few fees

time saving and fast planing results sharable for all stakeholders and DevTeam

Pros

Easy start without preparation and weighty installation, without any spends of it resource! All online and shareable for the whole team and customer! Integration with Jira software makes project planning and task tracking affordable. I can run project and estimate future of all features, not only in the small window of sprint dashboard.

Cons

Response from XB Software

Replied December 2017

Thank you, Ivan, for your helpful feedback. If you need to get help with keyboard hotkeys, please, chat with our customer service agent on ganttpro.com for more details.

Barbora from Hays

Good software. Easy to understand and easy to use.

Pros

I liked that the software was user friendly and easy to navigate. Within 10 minutes I knew how the software works and I created a good solid project plan in no time. Its very easy to create dependencies between tasks as well as to create subtasks. I like that you can import existing project plans as well as you can use software's templates as basis for your plan. You can also export your plan as pdf or image but you need to pay subscription fee for this. You can give access to multiple users which is very useful.

Cons

There was one thing in particular that I didnt like, when you're creating dependencies your tasks get linked. However I wish I could adjust the shape of the arrow in order to make it more visually pleasing. I found this an issue when I was adding in many dependencies and there were lines everywhere and not necessary shown in the easiest way to understand them. I know in MS Visio you can adjust this so it would be useful to introduce this feature here as well.

Ksenia from FEFU

Best option for a Gantt Chart

Overall experience is great. I am using GanttPRO for a University project, as all other programs were with too complicated to use, or didn't look attractive for me. I am glad that i have found this website, which allowed to create chart very quickly, without any problems and beautifully looking.

Pros

I believe that Gantt Pro is the best option, when choosing a program for a Gantt Chart. First of all, it is aesthetically pleasant, unlike most programs available. It has nice color and smooth shapes. It is extremely easy to use, even someone without experience can easily navigate. For example, creating dependencies - it can be just dragged. Also it is simple to find how to add special things, like lag. Even though mostly everything can be done without opening task settings, all missing elements or corrections can be done there. Additionally, It is great that if there are people that are not registered, still can be added by names and be inserted into the chart. Another plus, even with a free trial it is possible to download your chart (everything can be visible despite watermarks).

Cons

During my experience i haven't found any drawbacks

Jean Mathieu from Student

GanttPro is really a great! It helps me to get more than I was expecting to have.

Pros

You the ability to add, delete and to move items in a naturally way and does give a great type of dependencies. It is easy to drag & drop and rearranged graphically. It is very convenient and even quicker than excel-type products.

Cons

When you trying to print the charts to paper it's a bid difficult when creating dependencies the tasks get linked, the milestones are hard to distinguish.

Dmitry from Kuoll

Best tool for product roadmap planning and project progress tracking

Pros

I love that I'm able to see the project status overview, and then immediately navigate into specific tasks / assignments. Also, I can manage dev / marketing without switching to different board (like in Trello). Also, it's visual. Trello board became too clumsy for me over time.

Cons

It's a bit complicated. But simpler products do not allow you to manage time. I switched from Trello. It worked fine until I started to need to plan ahead, and not just focusing on immediate priorities. I recommend switching to Ganntpro when you need TIME planning! Not earlier.

Response from XB Software

Replied April 2018

Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO, Dmitry.

Marina from AlteqLab

Easy to use product for planning

My team use GanttPRO mostly for tracking time. This is a new feature for the product and I like how the GanttPRO's team work with my feedbacks.

Pros

Necessary results in time. The interface is clear and easy to see the current state of a project. Convenient to use gantt and kanban boards if it's necessary. Clearing minds from tasks and knowing that I am on the right step to perform my tasks.

Cons

I can't add tasks from kanban board, so sometimes the workflow can be not so fast

Charles from Propeller Health

Great tool for timlines

Pros

As a project manager, I have difficulty putting all of my timelines in one place, but also making it readable by stakeholders in the project and owners of tasks. GANTTPRO solves all of these problems. It's simple user interface allows for quick learning for project managers but also easily readable for others. I like that it has a public URL, to share with non-users, and also an export feature. This allows it to be easily shared without having to invite someone to use the software.

Robin from Hydrologia

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great app, easy to access and lots of functionality

I use it at the proposal stage, for planning and presentation, then for tracking progress during the job.

Pros

It's easy to get to, quick to start and easy to use. The data stays in my database and there is very good undelete functionality. It has plenty of functionality for what I need. In fact many of the features I probably won't use. I use the Gantt chart features mainly for scoping timelines and for presentation at the proposal stage and then for tracking % complete during the project.

Cons

Can be a bit slow to refresh sometimes. Labels on the bars get truncated. Exporting to a PNG is easy but the file is a bit low resolution. No apparent way to change the resolution. More costing functionality.

Great tool for Gantt Charts!!

Pros

GanttPro is an online tool no need to install software. It has an intuitive user interface that allows you to easily create and edit Gantt charts (tasks, milestones, dependencies between the tasks). It also has features for easy collaborating within a working team. A nice feature is that you can create a public link to share the chart with others. Moreover, it offers a usable feature for resource management, the cost per resource can be assigned calculating automatically the cost of the projects.

Cons

So far I have not noticed any Cons for my needs. Maybe the possibility to pay per month.

Antonio from Fesomia

Great online project management tool

I have been working with a lot of Gantt editors for years, including desktop and online tools, and this is the best tool I have found, including desktop software.

Pros

Big pro: it can detect team workloads, which is a crucial point for me. From the usability point of view, it runs smoothly, and the views are clean, super-well designed. Sharing charts with public URLs is a great feature, allowing customers to stay informed about their projects.

Cons

The individual plan only can be paid by a single yearly subscription; I would like to pick a monthly option too. I think the plans for teams have a reasonable price, maybe for individuals is a bit expensive.

Erin from University of Kansas

Industry: Information Services

My favorite Gantt software!

GanttPro is really a treat. The drag-and-drop functionalities, the integrated dependencies and progress tracking, and the beautiful UI make it easy to work in. It handles projects and collaborators really well, and it's all right there - not buried in unnecessary features. One of my favorite features is how easy it is to export charts in a variety of formats. Oh, and it has notifications! Recommended.

Pros

Beautiful interface, easy to use, all the features I need.

Response from XB Software

Replied January 2017

Erin, Thank you so much for your warm feedback! We are launching a new GanttPRO redesign in a few weeks. Be the first to check it ;-)

Great Software

Overall great experience. Highly recommend.

Pros

Great software for planning with timelines. Its easy to quickly set up. Drag and drop feature lets you adjust. Has dependencies. Preconfigured templates are nice to save time when setting up. Has a view range from years to hours, which is nice. It's nice to have that range to let you do big picture planning and connect that to the day to day. The interface is clean and easy to navigate. Highly recommend. Versatile software with many applications.

Cons

Only con is there is no mobile app. Sounds like that might be in the works.

May 2016

Ian from PTSG

May 2016

Wonderful Gantt chart software

GanttPro is exactly as the name implies. It is a beautifully executed online Gantt chart tool which allows quick drag-drop functionality, and just enough depth to capture multiple dependencies without overburdening the user. It will also elegantly and automatically update every dependent task when you make a change to an earlier task, which is fantastic. Templates can be created to save time if you are regularly producing charts for a specific type of project and the entire platform seems to have been built with the time-poor project manager in mind - Which is something a lot of other Gantt software could learn from. The user interface offers a few different skins/themes and is very straightforward to use. You can also export to PDF, PNG, and spreadsheet very painlessly and it looks good enough to show the boss or shareholders right out of the software. Lastly, I have posed a few questions to the support team who have responded literally within seconds. For the price of a few coffees a week, I think it is well worth the investment if you are regularly needing to create Gantt charts. At the very least I would recommend that you give the free version a go. GanttPro is a top-notch bit of software.

Response from XB Software

Replied May 2016

Thank you so much for such awesome feedback!

Cherng from University Tunku Abdul Rahman

Great Gantt Chart Builder for Project Plan

I was looking for a gantt chart application for my project plan. After trying a few tools, I found out GanttPro. GanttPro provides an easy-to-use user interface which helps me in completing the project plan in few clicks. One of the most useful tools is its version restore feature. With the feature, I'm able to revert to previous version when modification of the project plan is required.

Pros

Easy to use with drag and drop functions and automated schedule planning.

Cons

Slightly cramped interface that make it difficult to view the whole chart.

Matthew from LiveSmart

Customer Service are very helpful

Well designed software. Good customer experience. Too early to tell if the software will be add value. At this stage it seems like the best of it's type.

Pros

During the setup customer services have been super helpful

Cons

I've relied quite heavily on customer service to get the JIRA integration working. It's not been a straightforward set up

Adele from Telesure Investment Holdings

GanttPro, easy as pie

GanttPro is a all in one solution, from logging time to viewing, adding and maintaining tasks, push notifications for when tasks are done is a major advantage for a project manager that wants to be kept in the know. Having it export beautifully as a PDF makes reporting at a glance much easier especially when needing to present in meetings around project deadlines and specific tasks.

Pros

I loved that I could import my Microsoft Projects directly into GanttPro with a click of a button. The system is easy to use and works very well when exporting to PDF or other formats which is a major plus.

Cons

It took a while to get accustomed to what all the buttons do, as there were no hover overs to explain them.

Kristian from Wytwornya octu i musztardy w parczewie

Its a great platform to plan the projects. Have been using it for various project.

Planning of projects

Pros

Easy to use. With user freandly interface. Great when preparing plan, change it and later follow the process.

Cons

Some problems when exporting to pdf. Need to change file name to open it. Also problems with seting the dinal view of exported chart. Would be good to implement cost predictions.

Response from XB Software

Replied December 2017

We appreciate your review, Kristian. We've already fixed the specified moments, thank you. We hope you enjoy your project management with GanttPRO

Nice Temeline Software

I'll keep using this software, but hope the sophistication of dependencies gets improved.

Pros

Gantt Pro makes it easy to quickly build timeliness and share them with team members.

Cons

Dependencies are unpredictable and limited. It's easy to set up most simple dependencies, but many dependencies don't work and it gets frustrating. Because of this, identifying the critical path for a project is mostly manual.

Seth from Trailblazer Foods

Industry: Food Production

Good product for the price

Organization and communication improvements

Pros

It is easy to use and pretty intuitive. The software is very visually appealing. The charts are very customizable.

Cons

It has limitations because it is only for gantt charts. It does not really interact with any other software well and exporting other than as a URL is cumbersome.

Response from XB Software

Replied April 2018

Seth, at the moment, we have integration with JIRA software. Also, we are considering to lauch other integrations. Which one would you like to see in GanttPRO? Also, we have rather rich export options. You can export your project to the most popular formats like PDF, PNG, XLSX, and XML. URL option is not an export option. It is more of sharing your chart with someone you want to see it. If you need help, please, contact us at support@ganttpro.com and we will answer all your questions.

Michael from Cyxtera Technologies

Outstanding tool which makes the complex very simple;Beautiful interface

Solved our challenges with creating GANTT charts and improved project management.

Pros

Elegant and easy to use tool which makes managing a complex project visually appealing and easier to manage tasks and interdependencies. Chat support and email support are very responsive. This tool is beautiful and offers excellent export options to PDF, Excel, PNG, etc.

Cons

The only problem we had was a small bug in terms of changes being viewed with a team member. We alerted the team and it was resolved within 48 hours. Edge Browser issues sometimes.

Response from XB Software

Replied February 2018

Michael, thank you for this detailed feedback. We are very happy to know that GanttPRO is useful for you. If you have any questions, please, let us know in the live chat on the site or email at support@ganttpro.com.

Great product. Accessible, simple and easy to use.

Use it to prepare charts for inclusion into documents. Use it to build a proposed timeline then to monitor progress.

Pros

Cons

Better presentation of exported charts. Mainly more control over placement of bar labels. Also control over resolution for PNGS.

Response from XB Software

Replied December 2017

We do our best to make GanttPRO a powerful, yet simple project planning tool. We are happy to hear that you found our tool simple to work in. Could you, please, give us more details about the issues you specified in the "cons" section?

Emily from Southern New Hampshire University

Better alternative to Microsoft Project

I came across this software and found that it was great, as an Apple user I did not want to use Microsoft Project and GanttPRO was a great alternative. I found the site to be extremely easy to use and was very customizable.

Pros

Can access it anywhere, can have multiple users, is extremely user friendly, not much of a learning curve from Microsoft Project

Cons

Doesn't create a flow chart from deliverables where other software does.

Arash from Statnett SF

Perfect tool for your project

I am using Ganttpro for school project and the overall experience is excellent.

Pros

The reporting system such as adding hours and balancing the workload. GanttPro is also flexible to manage project activities.

Cons

There is no deal for students. I wish there was one. Better way to manage invited resources to the project.

Kamal from Animal Rights Club

The best software for the planning purposes in dynamic way.

helps for the effective planning and decision making in an organization

Pros

the interface of the software and the features integrated within this software are the crucial portion of this software.

Cons

there are none words to describe this software does not worth limitations. this software is the best I had ever use

Roger from Capital Markets

Simple, easy to use and a number of features

Fast and easy to get up and running. I have the lifetime free account so I cannot beat the value. Ability to access from anywhere.

Pros

I really like that I can quickly outline a number of tasks and get a high-level overview done in a limited amount of time.

Cons

I have found it is difficult (as compared with MS Project) when needing to use the more advanced features - both time consuming and repetitive.

Valentine from Rubyroid Labs

Made project management much easier

Makes my daily live easier to manage our clients expectations while working on a project.

Pros

I really enjoy how easy and clean this application with very intuitive UI. Also big fun of different customizations you can apply for different projects and teams to reflect your needs. And when i did start initially preconfigured templates they had saved me a lot of time.

Response from XB Software

Replied February 2018

It is good to hear such nice words about GanttPRO, Valentine! Please, stay tuned. We are planning to release a lot of new great features.

Arnel from Civil Engineering

Industry: Civil Engineering

Free trial review

i am currently working on a subcontractor management project Gantt chart to submit to my lecturers in university and i find that Gantt Pro is very help full in making a schedule of works which allows both the project manager and client to visually understand the whole project. this ranges from milestones to adding side tasks along the way. Overall i am very happy with Gantt Pro and i recommend it to anyone who is looking to plan future projects to make workflow easier to track.

Pros

I liked this software because it allows me to produce Gantt Charts to properly manage my projects. This also enables my supervisor/client to see deadline dates & milestones which also serves as a progress report.

Cons

i didnt like how the software kept on refreshing each time i tried to undo a step. To me this feels like it kind of takes time especially when you have slow internet.

Mt from FFW

Industry: Music

Life changing.

Peace of mind. Efficiency.

Pros

Optimizes clarity, intercommunicability and efficiency. My team clearly knows the targets and sub-targets, keeping an eye on the prize at the same time. Priceless.

Cons

How can i set different colors in the number chart to make tasks/deadlines etc stand out? Also in the comment section when typing @ the menu sometimes fails to appear

Response from XB Software

Replied April 2018

To change the colors of your tasks, please, hover the task you need and go to the right of it to the Gear button. You will see a pop-up menu where you can easily change the colors of any task you need. Also, when you @ mention someone, make sure this team member is already invited to your team. Have a good planning!

Rahul from Coca-Cola

Ganttpro for easy Project Management

Pros

I was looking for a tool to easily manage CPS with a small team for a large program with lots of dependencies. I came across Ganttpro and it is one of the easiest to use tools I have found and being on cloud it makes it very easy for team to collaborate as well great job in making such a great tool.

Cons

Nothing so far, though maybe a mobile app will make it more accesible

Daria from Memento

Gantt pro for my studies and my work

I love it. I made my first project in it without special training and find it highly intuitive. I love the fact that you can export Gantt in various formats and use the advanced task segmentation for easier use by multiple userrs

Pros

I started to use Gantt pro recently and still learning all the funcinoalities of this feature. As a student and freelancer this tool is amazing for my work and study planning. I like the user-friendly and intuitive interfase.

Cons

when you have numerous sub-tasks the system becomes a bit slow. But it does not seem to be an issue overll.

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

a lot functionalities and convenient for presentation and sharing with other users

Nate from Woodrow Wilson High School

I used the software in order to create a Gantt chart for a PLTW design class

Pros

Visually appealing, the interface is quite intuitive and powerful. The drag and drop dependency system allowed for easy arranging. While not included in the free version, the comments and file system would allow this to serve as more of a project management system instead of just Gantt chart generation

Cons

They offer a free live tutorial which would alleviate my initial complaint that at first, it can be overall quite confusing, mainly the sibling tasks becoming green and immutable. I was able to discover that it was instead controlled by whatever subtask lasted the longest. My main concern is the value for money, simply if you are using it for the sole purpose of Gantt chart generation the price is too high. But if you use it as your project management tool it is on par with other solutions in both price and functions

Response from XB Software

Replied December 2017

Thank you, Nate, for your review. You can contact us anytime and discuss the pricing issues. Enjoy your project management with GanttPRPO!

Jeffrey from CFIT

Great software with lots of functionalities

Im a Bachelor student and use this great software for plan my thesis. Subject of my Thesis is implementing Threat Intelligence in a medium to large Information and Communication Service provider. With GanttPro its really easy to make a good and simple timetable. When signing up they ask if you want a short tutorial. I didnt use this tutorial because everything is self-explaining. Just add a phase or task and set a begin and end date. The software automatically fills in everything for you. Im glad I found this software. So much easier to make a good timetable, instead of managing a timeline in a spreadsheet. Saves me a lot of time and stress. I will recommend GanttPro to everybody who needs a simple and easy to use Gantt chart software. Thanks GanttPro! Jeffrey Vreeswijk

Pros

User Friendly Simple and Easy Perfect for Time Boxing

Cons

It's not possible to get a 1 user license and pay montly