• Pros

• "its easy to use. Everyone loves to use it and can figure it out very quickly. The gif feature is great."

• "This is a great collaboration application with lots of features"

• "Easy to use. File sharing and versions is probably my favourite feature. UI is very user friendly too and looks good."

• Cons

• "The amount of features in this software could be overwhelming for some. However, with time it can be a huge assistance to any company."

• "It can be difficult to navigate and learn at first, but once you have the hang of it is a daily tool to help you manage your day and communicate with your team. "

• "Chat is great, but if someone needs to be removed from a group, you have to start a new one. Wish it was integrated into other programs I use as well rather than just a stand alone."

Browse Glip Reviews

Greg from New Frame Creative

Glip needs to be on more people's radar... it's fantastic!

Pros

After going through an extensive process where our company tested multiple project management platforms (Slack, daPulse, Asana, Wunderlist, and more), Glip came out the clear winner. The ease of use and the way the whole platform is based on conversations were the determining factors. We love the way Glip is really just conversations that you can turn into all sorts of actionable items such as file sharing, task list generation, etc. Easy to use, incredibly feature rich, and improving all the time. Glip needs to be experienced by more people!

Cons

Honestly, the fact that not many people have heard of it compared to some of the competitors that we feel Glip is superior to. Folks we work with wanted to use other platforms and Glip was something they just had not heard of so collaborating was a little challenging at times due to that fact.

Carlo from Partnership Education

A brilliant and powerful team messaging and collaboration solution

Overall I have found it a great piece of software and has allowed us to collaborate much better and much more efficiently as a team - this is the Skype replacement we wish we found sooner!

Pros

Glip is very easy to use, as well as deploy. It allows many of us off-site technicians to collaborate and communicate, either directly or part of a team. The GIF implementation is also handy!

Cons

As I work on filtered sites (schools) I often have to unblock the URLs that are required for Glip, and some things like the GIFs cannot be unblocked as they dont align with school policies.

Ricardo from Ricardo Ortega Communications

The web app is fantastic, the mobile implementations need work

When using the web app Glip is great. Easy to use, and it offers a robust set of tools for different types of projects. The mobile apps are quite limited and do not live up to what the Glip web app can accomplish.

Pros

Glip offers an interesting set of tools to manage a team. Simple to use, yet very effective . Integrates effectively with a ton of other apps. To me Gmail integration is a great plus.

Cons

No Kanban view of tasks, sorting of tasks is a bit cumbersome and never extended to Mobile apps, which in my opinion look like an after thought

Reasons for Choosing Glip

Ease of use

Maciej from Designer

Low quality Slack clone

Pros

Glip has apps for majority of platforms and is cheaper than Slack. It's being actively developed, so missing features are starting to show up.

Cons

Well, it's not that great overall compared to Slack. The major pain point is how it handles notifications (although they are working on it.) Since my company moved to Glip from Slack I started to miss a lot of important conversations since Glip won't notify you when someone uses your name (they have to explicitly mention you.) Until now Glip didn't have a way to notify you when someone direct messages youagain, they would have to mention you. The workaround was to enable notifications for everything, but that's not an option when you're part of a bigger organization. Another issue was (this feature is now in beta) showing how many direct messages or mentions you have in your dock. They would only show all unread messages from all your channels, so that could quickly grow to 1000+. Another thing besides notifications is lack of easy sign-in on mobile. Slack would send you a magic link you tap to sign in. It's especially annoying, since I'm being logged out on my mobile app quite often. Last but not least, design. It's a type-heavy app and typography simply doesn't cut it. Slack's look and feel is way way better. Overall, if you're looking for a Slack alternative, you may consider something else.

Kieran from DogiZone

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Glip Review

During business hours, it is great for keeping on top of everything. As a manager, I need to be in the loop of everything that goes on in this building. Glip is a great way to be informed and have constant communication. It documents what has been said and when which is a great reference for any business owner. Let's face it, constant communication is KEY and utilizing Glip offers that.

Pros

Glip is an interactive digital communication system that allows users to communicate throughout facilities without ever having to leave their seat. I would recommend Glip to any company that has more than 1 department. Glip allows secure and confidential communication to a group of users as well as individual users for discretionary purposes.

Cons

If you sign up for glip on your phone, you can never REALLY turn it off. Messages keep coming thru regardless if you are signed on or not.

Adam from PDmB Inc

Makes Communication Faster and Easier

Glip is through Ring Central and was a nice 'add-on' that you get with their product. We started using it because it was available and it has been very helpful.

Pros

It's a great tool that makes communicating in the office faster and easier. You can have different message groups set up so that you're sending the right messages to the right people. Its easy to use and in the years we've been using it we haven't had an issues.

Cons

We don't take advantage of everything it has to offer. We use it for the basic messaging functionality and have not run into any issues with it.

Love this team messaging software

Pros

This is my go-to messaging software for teams. Not only is there a free version that you can use, it also has a calendar, notes, gifs, video conferencing and task management built right in. A great all-in-one team collaboration tool.

Rivka from Web Of Creativity

Glip is great for small teams!

Glip is great for teams who have multiple projects they're working on, and need to collaborate remotely. It has really been great in helping us organize an collaborate on our projects.

Pros

I love that I can create tasks, and chat directly on the task so all questions regarding that task is available at a click. IT has a really quick chat feature, so it's great when working on a project with other mebers of your team remotely.

Cons

There are softwares better for task management - I don't love the interface for setting a project up.

Kevin from August Gate Church

Ring Central is the best video conferencing platform available

I use it constantly with teams and it has increased productivity for us. We're able to meet effectively and reliably without the burden of travel and without complex scheduling.

Pros

After having tried so many video conferencing platforms, what I love most about Ring Central is the reliability. I have had very little lag, no drop outs due to the software, and a solid experience every time.

Cons

It can be tricky for the new user who hasn't experienced the interface before. As with any video conferencing platform, understanding audio and video and how to navigate that well is a must. I think Ring Central manages this well, but it could be improved for the novice user.

Ring Central Glip Review

A great benefit of Glip is the abilty to create tasks for the day, the phone system is amazing, and the chat, too!

Pros

My co-workers and I LOVE glip. I specifically use Glip everyday for daily tasks and phone calls. I use to use a notebook and would make a list everyday of what needed to be done. Now, I simply create tasks as they day goes on. Glip allows me to color coordinate each task and it crosses it off when I am done without deleting it so I can see what I have accomplished. The phone aspect is very smooth and the audio is great. Very simple and easy to use.

Cons

One downfall about the phone is transferring a call. When you cold transfer, the call on hold is then received by the person it is being transferred to. However, when you warm call and speak to the person you are sending the call to and then transfer, it does not go through. I am not sure if it is something on our end. But it would be nice to be able to speak with the other co-worker first before transferring the call.

Lauren from Ideal traits

Great software

Pros

I use this for learning purposes and its very helpful

Cons

Theres nothing that I dont like about this product

Timm from Metro Community Church

Glip is the most effective productivity tool I've ever used to date (despite its shortcomings).

See review.

Pros

Glip is an [almost] all-in-one, [almost] unified productivity tool takes a bunch of what I liked about Asana's task-management, and combines it with the instant messaging functionality of Slack. Glip makes team communication, collaboration, and task/project management as simple as instant messaging. Whereas Asana begins and revolves around task-management, Glip begins with conversation, which is a much more organic way to collaborate, I think. Glip excels in its instant messaging, which does more than just the usual chat. In addition to allowing users to easily communicate with their teams and co-workers, Glip's desktop app allows you to create and assign tasks, create and share (and annotate) notes and documents, schedule events, and attach files from your preferred cloud service...all through its instant messenger. Pretty snazzy. The mobile app is a significantly paired-down version of the desktop app, but again, it excels at instant messaging - very response, keeps you connected to your teams...just with less functionality. Overall, I definitely recommend Glip.

Cons

While there are a few things here and there that need to be addressed, it's Glip's calendar that hurts the experience for me. To put it simply - Glip's calendar is inadequate. More specifically, the calendar fails in its ability to effectively schedule recurring tasks and events. While it does allow for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly scheduling, it does not allow for more specific intervals. For example, our organization has an evening staff meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of every month - we can't schedule it Glip. As much as I want to use the Glip calendar personally, it's shortcomings force me to use the ever-faithful Google Calendar...which means, it's not really an all-in-one solution (which is supposed to be Glip's hook!). My suggestion to the Glip team is to look at what Google Calendar does as far as scheduling is concerned and copy it! As far as the mobile experience is concerned, my two biggest gripes are 1) the 7-day calendar (seriously, why?); and 2) the inability to sort/filter tasks. Aside from the above, it's just ok. As mentioned previously, it's definitely not as full-featured as the desktop app...but, since instant messaging is Glip's primary function, it does that trick just fine.

Glip also known as just RingCentral

We use Glip as a communications tool for multiple departments across our business. It has been a great tool for organizing our conversations by group and allowing us to keep a history of our conversations, which our previous chat program had a 10,000 message limit to the history shown.

Pros

We really enjoy using the built in gif search in Glip. It is a useful chat program that is easy to use. It helps us organize our conversations by group so that if our website developers are having a discussion about something, it does not get interrupted by the data teams conversation on a different topic. It has a phone app so you can stay connected to the chat group even while on the go, which is useful for after hour and weekend conversations.

Cons

One of the things I do not like about Glip is that the Windows notifications are sometimes delayed and do not come up for a minute or more. It is helpful to be able to see the notifications when I get a new message because I do not always have the tab with Glip open in my browser.

Kristi from Emens Auditorium, Ball State University

Great Project Management Tool

Glip has transformed our team communication efforts. I no longer worry if a task is going to be completed on time or forgotten. WIth Glip, we are able to stay organized and communicate more effencently. It has met our needs well.

Pros

Glip has allowed my marketing team to work and communicate more efficiently. We market 40+ events annually, and Glip has allowed us to organize each event marketing plan, assign team-specific tasks, and upload documents with ease so that everyone on the team is informed. The organization and task management capabiliites of this software has been one of the best communications tools that we have ever used as a department.

Cons

The task assignment feature has been vital to our team, but it does not have the option of changing the task progress. Tasks can only be listed as incomplete or complete. I would love to have the capability, to change a task status to options like: working, pending approval, assistance needed, etc. so that our team can know what tasks others are struggling with or at what stage a task might be in.

Ashlie from Naturally Ashlie, LLC

Fantastic Organizational and Management Collaboration Tool

Overall the software has saved us tons in time and money being able to manage the different teams all in one place and easily communicate.

Pros

Easy to collaborate with a team AND keep all of my organizational and plans up to date, sharing them only with those who need access to collaborate. Very easy to organize as well. And very easy to communicate with other members of the organization.

Cons

I wish the calendar had the ability to have things recure based on the #th day of the month or by the #rd day of the week of the month, having more control over the frequency. I also think they could make it more user friendly in terms of keeping files and such organized

David from Coughlin Printing Group

Industry: Printing

Glip has Revolutionized Our Workflow and Communication

Pros

Excellent messaging features, including practical things like tagging people, keyboard shortcuts, and inline attachment previews, as well as fun features like GIF's and Memes. Where Glip really stands out from the competition however is in its productivity features, and how easy it is to manage tasks, teams, notes, and calendar. Very versatile and accessible anywhere, as there are phone, desktop, and web apps all available. Vibrant, responsive community and support.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any drawbacks to the software at this time.

Rushang from Akarsh Exports

Good follow up software

Before using Glip, it was difficult to send messages and communicate across the company. Sure we had email and text messages, but there was no central hub for us as means to communicate. Emails get over flooded with important and unimportant emails, this software has been useful and I would recommend it to small sized businesses.

Pros

This software is really good to follow up with employees after given a particular task You can make groups, add attachments and set up a reminder to follow up Includes collaborative document editing, a team calendar, and PDF markup tools.

Cons

Honestly, I have been using glip on a daily basis since 1 year and have not come across any negatives for this software. They could definitely work on expanding the features

Michael from Cloud Tech Smart

File sharing, video conferencing, task assignment and group messaging; all for free with RingCentral.

Pros

Everyone in our office uses Glip because it's bundled with RingCentral and that's our unified communications solution. File sharing, starting calls or video meetings, creating and assigning tasks, groups of as many or few team members as you need - I don't know if there's anything groundbreaking here, but it is all included in one app, it IS all essential, and if you're a RingCentral customer it's 100% free.

Cons

My preference would be for synchronization between Glip's calendar and Google's to be a two way street. But although you can upload your Google calendar to Glip, the extra functionality within Glip prohibits updates there from syncing back to Google.

JJ from Benestare Pain Manangement

Glip is the best for Organization & Planning!

Being able to keep track of information in one place. And you can go back to it later.. instead of emailing yourself or texting people.. that stuff gets lost.

Pros

The 3 'tier' system. You can click on a task and have a conversation only about that task.. it will appear in the 3rd tier... or the 'shelf'. You can copy images very fast and paste them right in a conversation.

Cons

It has a bit of a learning curve. It works best if you design it for YOU. For example.. 'TEAMS'.. Can be anything. At first, you try to make a team of people... but I decided to just make it the main topic or subject. Then, Under that TEAM.. I could make a task, event... etc.

Fun, easy to use, messaging platform

Pros

Glip is very intuitive and easy to use. It allows quick, instant messaging throughout the company. You can create teams or talk 1 on 1. You can also incorporate notes, tasks, events, and files in your conversation, storing them all in a convenient "shelf" making it very easy to find that document you may have shared and lost once upon a time. We also LOVE the gif keyboard, makes company communications way more fun.

Cons

The software tends to crash or glitch every so often. It can be a little slow upon start-up, but that does not happen too frequently. Sometimes the notifications can be inconsistent or continue to pop up even if you have them turned off, but that is not too bothersome.

Nathy from firstsupport

I love Glip without Glip I wouldn't have a team

Overall great software

Pros

Glip has allowed me to keep my virtual and in-house team connected at all times. We have the ability to manage different teams, have different conversations about projects and subjects. I love how organized it allows you to be. We have an app so no one ever miss out on any important notes.

Cons

We would like the ability to temporarily block agents to logging into glip without removing them as a user. Also we would like the ability to restrict some employees from downloading the app as sensitive information are shared on Glip.

GLIP Social Workspace

Pros

Being able to organize your workflow and collaborate with colleagues makes GLIP a phenomenal tool to boost office productivity. The new integration with Ringcentral's phone system makes it a single spot for your communications, helping to alleviate needing multiple tabs running different applications.

Cons

It can be a little difficult to navigate and is not the most intuitive design, but once you learn the layout it becomes second nature. There definitely is a learning curve that some employees may resist.

Glip works to foster collaboration

Pros

Its easy to use and the layout are intuitive. This helps users feel comfortable with the interface making it more likely to be used. There is sufficient functionality to make it very useful without being overwhelming.

Cons

I wish it had better administrator controls over groups/teams and a high level view of how content is being created in the organization.

Harue from Cinter, LLC

Very useful communication tool

There are so many communication tools. But this system is built by communication (phone application) company, therefore it is a very comprehensive system.

Pros

If you have RingCentral, Glip comes with it. It is integrated with phone application. So communication is seamless.

Cons

It doesn't have file storing function (as far as I know). I can attach files but it is not ideal to keep files in Glip.

Jesus from Blue Squares Creative, LLC

Good Startup Team Collaboration Tool

Pros

If you have a small, startup business, and you need an easy way to communicate with other team members in one place, Glip can help. It's recent integration with RingCentral is helpful as well.

Cons

Tech challenged employees take longer to acclimate to Glip. When you create teams or conversations, you can't easily remove employees from them. Instead, you need to start new groups and hope no one bumps the old conversation. Has Zapier integration, but could use more hooks to allow communication with other Zaps.

Brad from Pathfinders Counseling and Consulting

Great inter-office and out of office communication tool!

Quick communication as easy as texting or emailing with a multitude of additional features.

Pros

Allows our team to quickly message each other, share files, and listen to VM our audio. I love that you can receive messages from someone else regardless of whether your are mobile or at a computer.

Cons

Glip sometimes glitches and it takes some time with tech support to resolve the issues. They are responsive but the fix doesn't always come quickly. As an integrated (free) service with Ring Central VOIP service you can't beat the pricing!

Phillip from Source2

Very easy to use and a great way to communicate with my team. More fun to use than emailing.

Very easy to use and helps increase the communication with the team.

Pros

I like how easy this software is to use and how it has changed the way we communicate in the office. Emails can get cluttered and missed, but Glip allows you to quickly get your message across to the team in a fun way. If issues are going on, or if we need to meet, Glip makes it super easy to communicate that to the team. It is instant messaging in today's world. We can even quickly share websites, attachments, and is mobile friendly.

Cons

It would be nice to have notifications come up if a meeting is organized, similar to a calendar invite through Outlook.

Leo from Smith & Carson

Glip is a great alternative for slack

Pros

A lot of built in things. Think of it as Slack more oriented business and project management. Calendar, task tracking, collaborative document edition, you name it ... all in one place.

Cons

Could we please have code highlighting or verbatim in the chat? A bit more of support for IT project management would be great!

Lip from Paoluluo Tech

I have worked with Glip for about 3 years.

easy to connect with my colleagues and save time to manage my tasks

Pros

It's easy to use and I would like that it can sync all messages to all endpoints and it's easy to manage your task and your schedule.

Cons

It takes a lot of time to refresh, and it takes a long time to render gif. It cannot change group's name.

Glip made our office function better!

Our team is more organized, we all stay connected easily since some of us are remote across the country.

Pros

I like that we can have separate group conversations for different issues, and departments and projects. It is easy to use for all levels of computer users. The customer service level is top notch too!

Marshall from Chadwell Supply

Industry: Wholesale

Love it.

Pros

Probably one of the best business chat software's we have used. It's integration with the RingCentral phone system makes this app a winner. From setting up different teams for different projects or departments to the mobile app I love almost everything about this tool.

Cons

I said almost everything earlier, giphy. While I love gif's and they can be hilarious, in the work environment sometimes they can get out of control. I'm pretty sure we have at least 2 channels that are nothing but gif conversations. While personally I find this awesome, professionally it can be very distracting.

Main form of communication in our company

Pros

Cons

Not really a con but I prefer the desktop app over the mobile app. I use the desktop app daily and rarely the mobile app anymore. I think I'm just not a mobile person

Ryan from BlueFrog Media Ltd

A Game Changer

Pros

Glip by RingCentral is truly a game changer in the project management software industry. It's extremely innovative and offers a number of new and exciting features as well as an overall experience that it unrivalled by anything else on the market. It's also free with RingCentral, making it an even more enticing option.

Cons

There is a small yet very noticeable bug in Glip regarding the percentage completion of tasks, where Glip will report, for example, 20% of 40% being completed, even though it's actually just 20% more of the task being completed compared to before.

Glip is a handy project management and communication tool which has helped improve our workflow

It has helped our team improve our workflow and productivity, would recommend to any agency which works on various different tasks in different areas.

Pros

It has made day to day task logging, accountability and organisation improve in our department and given it's an add on with our RingCentral package, it also acts as a handy communication tool too. It has all the features you would need to help improve the productivity of your team.

Cons

Only one annoyance is how it displays the completed percentages of tasks - but that's very minor as doesn't effect the end output of the product.

zach from Heirloom INC

Seamless Communication

It's free when you have RingCentral!

Pros

Easily communicate from anywhere. Works well on Mac and iPhone. So many integrated features that it'll work well for any company. To-Dos, keep track of shared documents, fun communication.

Cons

As the admin, you can't delete employees out of teams/conversations. Which means you have to start new groups when employees leave the company. Hard to edit teams even as Admin.

Great for team communication and video calling

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is that it works smoothly with ring central to enable video calling features. Works really well for remote teams who have to schedule 1:1 calls, as well as company-wide video calls.

Cons

It seems like the software needs to update quite frequently. Moreso than Slack or anything similar, but I suppose this is to be expected.

This is helpful for getting the word out to your team quickly.

This is a great place for a small church to start when trying to think about communication options.

Pros

I like that we can use the chat together and send messages on a smaller scale without having to invest in a ton of software.

Cons

I think we will outgrow this system pretty quickly when it comes to trying to file share and be more integrated with other platforms. For now it is a good fit though.

Zack from myEtimecard

Excellent Collaborative Tool

Pros

In spite of being a long time Slack user, I decided to give Glip a try internally since our company was already leveraging Ring Central for VoIP and Meetings. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that no core feature sets were lacking and to find a couple of extras that were missing in Slack. The most useful of those extras has been task assignment/management.

Cons

In a perfect world the Google Calendar integration would be a bit more robust and flexible, but I'm fairly certain that's on Google anyway.

Amazing software

Pros

We do not use this to its full advantage just yet, as it has great chat, file sharing, and task management uses, however we use it mostly for task management, and it has been a life saver. I totally recommend it.

Sean from Bed and Breakfast Property Management

We use glip for intra-office communication

It cuts down the time it takes to get questions answered and cuts down on the chitchat in the office.

Pros

It has an app that you can download to use on your pc and smartphone. This has increased productivity ten fold. People are no longer getting up from their desk and walking across the building to ask questions.

Cons

I would like more control of some of the configuration settings as an admin. As an admin all I can really do is invite people to the teams. I would like to be able to check on messages and things like that as an admin.

Sam from Dragon Army

Glip is great for small teams to chat and organize a calendar.

Pros

I love the ease of setup, mobile apps, and integration of checklist progress into tasks. It's very easy to add new team members and stay in touch all day.

Cons

It lacks a lot of the nicer features of Slack. Glip is a nice tool in many ways because of the simplicity and Slack can get overbearing, but sometimes it's really nice to have all the options of Slack.

Logan from Home Base Appraisal Management

a fun easy chat app that has a few flaws

see above. fun and easy to use. fairly reliable.

Pros

Cons

Customer support is pretty much non existence. If you don't have ring central you have to submit a ticket to them and it can take them days to get back. And even then they often do not have a solution

Brian from 4tell Solutions

I really like Glip for tracking my tasks

An easy way to organize my tasks/schedule.

Pros

I love the fact that you can add tasks and assign them to yourself or coworkers and it cuts down on email. It's great to have that "checked something off the list feeling."

Cons

It might be better if it wasn't it's own program and worked within Microsoft Outlook since it's likely that most customers use that for email.

Kristina from JRSC Digital

Industry: Printing

Glip

Pros

Glip is a very easy to use phone and instant message system. We use it at my company, and I am very happy with how easy to use the chat is. It allows me to set up multiple chats and group chats which allows me to get my work done quickly and efficiently.

Cons

I would like to see a few more updated features, like linked chat.

Great collaboration tool

Pros

Glip has been a good collaboration tool for our company. I love that you can quickly message team members, attach files, and instantly start a video call. It is pretty cool how the RingCentral phone and Glip are now integrated into one solution.

Cons

I liked the name Glip, but understand why they changed it to RingCentral :)

Eric from Source2 RPO

Glip makes professional Instant Messaging quick and easy

Pros

We use Glip to quickly talk about important things where we do not have the time to sit aside to chat. We can share files, assign tasks, and collaborate in one setting instantly.

Cons

RingCentral just integrated RingCentral Phone with Glip. It was a little buggy at first, but is getting better with each update released.

Glip is a great business tool

The overall experience with ring centrals Glip has been great. We still use it to manage teams virtually.

Pros

I like the ability to be able to share files, photos and documents through the Glip app.

Cons

It seems to lose my login credentials every few months or so. It does get a bit annoying to re-enter my credentials every other month.

Justin from DemandGen

Great tool for communication

Pros

Glip is great for boosting team communication. Glip makes it easier for everyone in our company to stay in contact and is much more efficient than using email.

Cons

No complaints about Glip. However, there are a lot of similar chat/messaging tools and Glip is just as comparable as any of the others.

Dan from RingCentral

Super instant messaging platform!

Pros

Glip allows you create chat teams and assign task in it, share large files and access it in three platforms - desktop app, mobile app and browser-based access.

Cons

Minor thing, I wish there was a way to edit team display picture or the capability to share screen. So you can aslo conduct meeting.

Obadah from Payfort

Good, not amazing, Ux is reinvented

Pros

The Ux design is new, slide menu have all the things you need, system is fast, response to most commands is fast

Cons

I hard coded look, I would love to have to the choose to redecorate the application with my own colors and images , maybe have a shortcut menu on the main page to my fav files and notes