Hub Planner

Hub Planner Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I can't tell them enough how impressed I am with their customer service every time I have a question or simple feedback."
  • icon"It does provide good generalist data on how human resources are spent across different similarly priced projects."
  • icon"Easy to use and powerful. You have access to different areas related to resources and projects with 1 click."
  • icon"I have to contact the administrator every time I input data in a wrong field."
  • icon"Sometimes if you input an error into your timesheet, you are not allowed to edit and correct the issue."
  • icon"It's hard to find something that I don't like about Hub Planner."

Browse all Hub Planner Reviews

• Have you used Hub Planner and would like to share your experience with others?

Ressource Management and holiday

Pros

Holiday and resource planning + overviewing with just one click

Cons

the initial startscreen shows up complete company and you need to choose your team to show only...

Response from Hub Planner

Thanks for posting your review of Hub Planner. Super glad the planning and viewing is working out well for you. Just to note, you can custom set your start up screen in your profile settings. Go to Settings -> My Profile -> My Preferences and select which option you would like to open Hub Planner. Thanks again for your review. Best, Team Hub Planner

Replied March 2021

Structure to our time management and leave requests

Overall, the experience has been a good one. I can't complain, honestly.

Pros

Before this software, my company used to use an excel sheet which had to be filled in at the end of the week every week. It was very tedious and I used to forget to do it quite often. We also didn't have a formal way of requesting vacation leave and checking exactly our leave balances. We now use Hub Planner to do both of these things. Additionally, our head of department assigns tasks and there are hours allocated for each task which really helps with resourcing and balancing the workload.

Cons

A real-time tracker would be nice. Something like a button that you click on when you start on a specific task and then click again to stop it. I would also like to have it as an app on my phone. I am not sure whether it exists already and it's something the company has not informed us about. Correcting mistakes is always difficult as well. I have to contact the administrator every time I input data in a wrong field.

Reasons for switching to Hub Planner

Not sure, as I was not involved in the decision. TrackingTime used to work well for us although we only ever used a sort of trial version of that so I can't compare the full features. The ultimate decision was probably based on pricing.

Response from Hub Planner

Awesome, thanks so much for the super positive review! I'm glad the process of migrating from spreadsheets to software was a positive experience and the overall capacity planning has improved for your team. The good news is that a new version of Timesheets is on the way ! Do keep an eye out on the blog for new feature releases and updates. https://hubplanner.com/blog/ Best, Team Hub Planner

Isabella

It's ok, but...

It is okay, but for some cases, a workaround is needed.

Pros

It is good, that you have a tool where you can track the time you need to work on several projects and generate reports from it. Integrating it with other tools is also a nice feature (such as invoicing tools).

Cons

There are several small things that could be done much better, just to mention a few: - Include easy to use categories within one project, so that you can track time on task level - To make tracking time even easier include a start/stop timer function - When approving time cards for my employees and finding a mistake: In order to change the mistake, I need to deny the timecard, change the screen, go into editing mode for my employee and then edit, approve (on behalf of employee), change screen again to finally approve the timecard. Why not edit/approve the timecard directly on the approval screen for admins? - Decimal numbers of time tracking are screwed when exporting them to excel

Response from Hub Planner

Hello Isabella, Appreciate you taking the time to submit your review of Hub Planner. I agree, there are some things that can be improved for sure. Thanks for the suggestions, they are really helpful especially around the Timesheets function. We most certainly will take these and hopefully you will see them implemented in the near future. On your point for booking categories within one project. Have you tried the Booking Category Groups? This will allow you to assign specific booking categories for different projects? Super helpful when reporting time too that you can segment what you are actually spending time on. Here is a link to the press release: https://hubplanner.com/hub-planner-release-booking-category-groups-to-the-suite-of-resource-management-features/ If you need any further help, do reach out to us via https://hubplanner.com/contact/, we'll be happy to assist. Thanks, Team Hub Planner

Matti

August 2022

Great tool for staffing purposes

I use hubplanner for staffing our consulting deliveries. It's the best tool in the market for the job I have come across.

Pros

Easy and intuitive to use, enables seeing all the experts and their availability with one glance, easy to integrate to other systems via the provided rest api, support hour rates, daily working hours, vacations, etc.

Cons

The product has a lot more features than I actually use. I mostly use the scheduling view and there the small bugs are perhaps the most significant annoyance to me. Still it's the best UI I've seen so far in this type of apps.

Reasons for switching to Hub Planner

It's so much more useful. Faster to use, provides you with data related to reservation durations, understands weekends and vacations and working hours, allows you to tag data in the context of the bookings, enables you to do forecasting, etc...

Stephen

Industry: Information Services

An easy, affordable, well featured solution for time-sheeting and resource management.

We went from having one staff member dedicated full-time to resource management to having them freed up for thirty hours of the week. We suddenly had almost another head-count to help with project co-ordination, rather than just keeping the wheels turning. And timesheet compliance went up too, because it was so easy to use!

Pros

It's affordable, extensible, good to look at, and easy to use.

Cons

There aren't really any detractors to this one. Perhaps it's not a high-powered analysis tool, but the dashboards it does supply are quite thorough out of the box, and more than likely to meet all the needs of the vast majority of companies.

Reasons for choosing Hub Planner

We looked into building out a simple, but more robust, SharePoint List based system ourselves. We could have had our own features, custom developed for us. Then we looked at how many hours even the simple version of that would take, and at the Hub Planner licencing costs, and realised that we could get 10x the functionality, and it would take us more than a year to hit the same costs. And Hub Planner looked better, and would be easier for our staff to use. It was a no-brainer. We purchased our licenses a week later.

Reasons for switching to Hub Planner

We had been using an in-house developed custom tool, and it was erratic, unreliable, hard to use, and didn't have any features that could help us in analysing our hours easily: we had to export everything to Excel, and do most things manually.

Ellie

Useful and effective software

Overall, HubPlanner helps our management team in our Change department to view how much work resources anticipate they will do and how much they have actually done. We can see any gaps in time and so allocate a person more work or a new project. While most people are working from home, HubPlanner really helps keep track of what everyone is doing when you can't actually see them doing it.

Pros

There are a wide range of features and it is very customisable to suit our needs.

Cons

There are some limitations as it is not 100% customisable, but these are mainly small things, for example our working hours divide to be 7.25 a day (and 7 on Fridays) but it doesn't allow us to allocate smaller than 1 hour or half an hour. Also, on a laptop screen, it doesn't have a great view. Everything is quite chunky which makes it hard to view a few people's schedules at the same time. It would be easier if the customer support team shared individual email addresses rather than a generic one for the whole team so that you can continue conversations with a specific person.

Reasons for choosing Hub Planner

It suited us best due to having so many different features we could make use of.

Response from Hub Planner

Hello Ellie, Capacity Planning and the ability to measure the scheduled versus actuals is a core competency of Hub Planner, I'm happy to hear that this is working well for you and your team. Especially in this current pandemic, Hub Planner has really helped a lot of teams keep up performance levels and track who is working on what and who is available. Thanks for your feedback. I myself have been switching from a display to laptop with the current working from home. I find the Ctrl & 0 or zoom in and out options work for me. RE customer support, 9/10 times, once an agent responds to an initial ticket, it is automatically tagged to that agent for any future responses. It's only if that agent might be on leave or not available or another department needs to step in for example, would another agent take over so that your query is answered more quickly. Of course, you can request the agent of choice too, the rest of us won't be offended :) Thanks again, Team Hub Planner

Patric

Good, raw overview of my assigned projects

Pros

I get a quick overview of the projects/tasks that have been assigned to me. What's also good, is that I can use my company account to log into the site and don't need a separate account. I can also view the assignment of my teammates which all helps us if we need to shuffle some things arround.

Cons

To get informatino of an entry, I have to hover it with the mouse, to wait for the tooltip which takes a few seconds. I would prefer if there was another way to quickly view the details of an entry (maybe there is, but I couldn't find one).

Reasons for switching to Hub Planner

We wanted a tool that was especially build for the job.

Response from Hub Planner

Thanks for submitting the review. Super glad all is working well for you. I note you need a more 'instant' view of the booking details? If you click on the settings cog (top right) a pop up will appear. Scroll to 'Tool Tip' and select 'Instant' or some of the other options if you prefer. Hope that helps? Thanks again, Team Hub Planner

Replied March 2021

Georgia

Hub Planner

Good customer service and willing to add new features as needed

Pros

We use the timesheets tool everyday and is vital to our company

Cons

Development of new features can be slow

Reasons for switching to Hub Planner

Everything in one place rather than multiple spreadsheets

Response from Hub Planner

What can we say, we've got great customers! Their ideas are brilliant! Of course, time to develop can indeed vary depending on the depth of work and time required to develop a new feature. Some are straightforward and easy, others are more challenging especially if they have integrating knock on effects throughout the system. We really do appreciate our customers ideas and suggestions, so many have been put into production throughout the years. Keep them coming! Fyi we will be releasing a new version of Timesheets soon enough. Keep an eye out for it. Thanks again, Team Hub Planner

Suraya

Hub planner administrator

Overall i'm quite happy with hub planner, it seems to serve our basic resource tracking needs

Pros

Ability to see forecast vs reported, Dashboard & Reporting feature

Cons

Inability to adjust dates on the dashboard, and set 'line-managers' to approve time-sheets, rather than projects managers as it currently stands. Would also be ideal to have more support through calls, rather than by email which can be frustrating at times.

Reasons for choosing Hub Planner

ability to generate reports to show forecast vs reported & capacity view (i.e. capacity & details of projects scheduled)

Response from Hub Planner

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review of Hub Planner. The good news is that we have new updates on the way for the Dashboard and the Permissions/Roles! The Dashboard, we are improving the UI as well as adding a date picker. With the approval of timesheets, the new added feature of permissions allows you to customize outside of the default settings. We do pride ourselves on our customer service, so we're sorry to hear you are frustrated here. I know we have helped your team via our support channel, but if you prefer a call, that should be no problem. In the last year, we invested heavily in rebuilding the Hub Planner Knowledge Base. We found our users wanted a quick access reference guide with FAQ style questions and video tutorials. Outside of this, the majority of customer questions are answered over support tickets as it's easier to explain with screenshots and steps etc. Reach out to us https://hubplanner.com/contact/ and we can organise a call to you. Hub Planner

Julie

An incredibly well-designed and user-friendly product to plan efficiently, from everywhere!

Pros

Hub Planner is a great visual tool to easily plan your capacity and make quick decisions. The user-interface is extremely well-designed and easy to use. The search (filter bar) capabilities to sort through your resource pool and look for specific set of skills is my all-time favorite! The custom reports section is also what makes Hub Planner great as you can really pick and choose the exact information you need. Finally, if something is missing or if you need assistance the support team in AMAZING! I can't tell them enough how impressed I am with their customer service every time I have a question or simple feedback!

Cons

It's hard to find something that I don't like about Hub Planner. Of course, there is always room for improvement and as a user you can participate by voting on features you would like to see them implement next. Although I hear the API works great, (I'm not a programmer) my dream feature to automate my report needs and some other tasks would be a way to connect directly to the database. Otherwise, Hub Planner is almost perfect :)

Zdenka

Hub Planner is highly functional and customisable resource management tool.

It's an easy-to-use, clear and useful resource management tool Detailed and precise reporting We have replaced three of our systems with one product It streamlined our operation We now have a software that is customisable but most of all used by our employees to satisfaction of all involved

Pros

We chose Hub Planner to get serious about resource planning and to move away from spreadsheets and emails. It was very easy to set up to suit our needs. Grouping and filtering resources proved very handy. It integrated our timesheet system which is now much more precise and user-friendly. The recent annual leave feature replaced our previous system and is very easy to manage. The reports are detailed (or not) as we choose and quick to generate. The software is intuitive and nicely customisable so we can see exactly the information we need without any unnecessary clutter. I personally have to command the customer service which is quick, reliable and personable. There are not always quick solutions (like in life!) but there always seems to be a workaround. The product seems to be going from strength to strength with new features and upgrades/updates regularly which is good to see. Overall, we are very happy with the product and can definitely recommend it.

Cons

Since this software is still in development, there are features that we would like to have and are not available (yet) - but of course we realise these things take some time. However, we are very happy with the progress and new features added over the course of our use (about 2 years). There are the occasional intermittent issues but the CS team is very quick to sort these out.

Meadhbh

Resource Management for eNett International

I had and continue to (on an ad hoc basis) have very positive dealings with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (Irish) based in Sweden I believe.

Pros

As we reached a certain size, it was clear we required a resource management Tool. The IT PMO approached this as part of our annual 'Hack Day', we researched and trialled numerous offerings and ultimately settled on Hubplanner. We had it set up and active within a day. It also has significantly reduced the time and people involvement in our fortnightly resource planning sessions.

Cons

We really only use the Resource Management aspect of the software. There are numerous features thatw e already have a working solution in place for. A pro/rata rate for selecting only the services you need would be a great win.,

Reasons for choosing Hub Planner

We were looking make our resourcing process and system far more efficient and visible. Due to us being focussed on a very particular function, hubplanner met our needs from a use of ease/visual point of view.

Response from Hub Planner

Hi Meadhbh, thank you so much for your kind words. Appreciate the detailed view from a PM Lead. If we can assist in helping with any of the other features, please do reach out. We will be happy to help you get more out of Hub Planner. "Go raibh maith agut" ;) Best, Team Hub Planner

Tony

Great system for resource management

We have been using Hub Planner for over 3 years and it has been a very successful tool for our project and team resource planning. Simple to plan in the work and review view our stand-up meetings.

Pros

Integration with the business was easy and the stand-out feature was the resource planning calendar. Easy to schedule projects across our internal and external teams.

Cons

The reporting has lots of options but it's not the easiest to use.

Reasons for choosing Hub Planner

The simplicity of use and visual views of the calendar/work

Response from Hub Planner

Thank you for your kind comments. Sounds like it's working really well for your team. If you would like to schedule some time with us, we would be more than happy to help guide you through the reports in more detail? Just give us a shout via hello@hubplanner.com and our team will assist you. Thanks, Team Hub Planner

Replied August 2021

Moving from spreadsheet planning to Hub Planner was incredibly easy to set up & implement & roll-out

We have reduced the management of resource planning & also the number of times files became corrupt. Also, allowing different groups different access levels meant we could provide management reporting and user reporting in the same application. Introducing timesheets means we were able to move to a single application rather than two for planning & time recording.

Pros

Easy planning features that can be viewed through project, resource group or other lenses is powerful. Integrating this to Hub-Planner timesheet functionality was equally simple and reduces the effort users have to do to complete their timesheets due to the pre-population. Data extraction & the ability to build customer reports is straightforward. The help guides are detailed & comprehensive, but if they don't provide the answers, the support team are fantastic & responsive, providing a fast & efficient resolution to any problems or questions.

Cons

There are a lot of things you can configure within Hub Planner, but if you want a fully customized solution then Hub Planner may not work for you.

Sabine

overengineered

Completly overengineered. I get the feeling that people who designed it don't need to use it.

Pros

I like what it looks like. The black background and colour scheme is quite nice.

Cons

I can't seam to find what I look for without clicking a billion times. There are way too many options and most of them are useless to me.

because I changed my employer

Response from Hub Planner

Hi Sabine, many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. Perhaps you are right, our thought process is design lead by function. We are redesigning the scheduler as we speak. We would love to chat to you about this if you had the time? We might also take the opportunity to help with streamlining your daily workflow? Best, Team Hub Planner.

Andre

Accurate usage reporting

Pros

Ability to add notes to ongoing work and utilise the planned hours.

Cons

lack of notifications on approval of timesheets.

Response from Hub Planner

Hello Andre, thanks for posting your review of Hub Planner. Appreciate the suggestion for a new notification. We are in the process of developing a new version of Timesheets which will hopefully include the notification for submitted timesheets. Also, keep an eye out for the new notifications via Slack that will be coming your way very soon. https://hubplanner.com/blog/ Thanks, Team Hub Planner

Kris

Industry: Computer Networking

Hub Planner revew

Pros

It's user friendly and easy to use. It helps to report work time.

Cons

At the moment I cannot see any disadvantages.

Response from Hub Planner

Hi Kris, Thanks for posting your review! Design and usability to key to the Hub Planner user. Super glad you're finding it helpful in your working day. Best, Team Hub Planner

Alissa

Worked really well for us

We had a very positive experience with Hub Planner. From the initial customization and integration through use it was a solid partnership. This tool helped us get on track with resourcing our teams and providing leadership with real time data around allocations.

Pros

It's interface and experience design are extremely intuitive and fluid. It is easy to toggle back and forth from reviewing a user to a group.

Cons

It had nothing to do with the software and more limitations on how our systems would integrate so we did not get to use the project management side of the software as much as we would have liked.

Reasons for choosing Hub Planner

We liked the user interface the best and it had all the features that we required where others had limitations.

Hollie