All Insightly Reviews

Zach

2 - 10 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed June 2022

All of the basic functionality of a CRM, but feels outdated

Susan

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2019

A reliable and completely user-friendly tool with immense productivity.

Insightly CRM offers a wide range of services for our business to improve our customer services and have provided us with benefits to enhance our marketplace. It has allowed us to successfully engage our working relationships with the clients in a more reliable way. I have also been performing project management tasks with this tool.

PROS

Insightly CRM is itself a very reliable tool which allows the user to gain the most of the advantage with its easy to use features and efficient tools. We can also easily integrate it with other tools to improve the overall productivity. It's super responsive when dealing with the customers. We can easily maintain our sales cycles and ongoing customer service to provide extra care for the clients. The user-interface is also quite easy and manageable than other such tools.

CONS

Chrome extensions are bit of a clunky addition which further complicated the working procedure so mostly avoid it. The other tools integration is right on point but the social media integration misses few of the parts and continues to be a wastage of time for us. In the end, it proves to be much effected on our overall work and improves the efficiency of our work routine.

Hi Susan, Thank you for the feedback. The Chrome Extension you're talking about is actually sunset. Try the new Add-On. :)

Replied August 2019

Denise

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Insightly developed to enhance our feeds

In my experience using Insightly, I haven't run into any serious issues. We used to utilize a strange CRM that was built out of sheets and required us to constantly switch between windows. Using Insightly, we can have all of our data in one place, neatly organized in custom fields. In my opinion, the project page may benefit from more fields in which to provide pertinent data.

PROS

Insightly is how I keep track of all the initiatives we have in the works right now. The management of our company's 5,000+ open positions is a major challenge. Insightly makes it easy for us to keep track of all the moving parts, which would otherwise be difficult to do in a secure manner given the project's multi-stage nature.

CONS

In most cases, the newly opened Org or Project tab doesn't take up more than half of my screen following a search. I can't figure out how to make the page larger. For some reason, the columns on the Relate and Activity tabs don't remember my saved column width. Every time I use it, I have to resize it.

Reasons for switching to Insightly

As was previously said, Insightly is a fantastic customer relationship management system designed for use by businesses who wish to efficiently arrange their tasks. Two years ago, we made the switch to Insightly and now we can monitor the status of all of our projects, view their schedules, and generate fresh reports.

Adam

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Insightly feedback

an extremely useful product and runs a core part of our business

PROS

the ease of use and wide range of plugins

CONS

the restrictions on the marketing journeys

Nathalie

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Useful & inexpensive CRM system for growing businesses

Overall is has been satisfactory although, some details that need improvement can turn things into a much better experience.

PROS

It is easy to use and easy to navigate.It does not take much time to get used to all features and to understand how the features work.The best part of Insightly, is the customer support is very responsive and always follows up on requests.They also helped us all the way to achieve our goals as a company.

CONS

Some parts of the software need more work and also new features like Service has too many glitches and some functions do not work properly even though have been revised and "fixed" many times.I wish it was more seamless to work with.

Reason for choosing Insightly

Insightly offered a less expensive package overall and they offered a more personalized customization to our business. One of the big factors apart from the price was the initial presentations of the Insightly products were very professional and helpful.

Reasons for switching to Insightly

The main reason was the other product was more expensive and we also wanted to expand and connect all of our platforms in one place.

Hanane

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Features of communication

A very wonderful experience and still like you

PROS

Insight features a comprehensive feature set, and is easy to use, making it a popular choice for companies looking to streamline their operations and drive growth.

CONS

Difficulty integrating other systems....

A good application has more features .As a Customer Relationship Manager

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Insightly is a reasonable CRM with decent functions

I selected this as our CRM. We switched over from Zoho which was universally hated by our sales guys.

PROS

Insightly does a pretty reasonable job as a CRM. It's quite easy to use and pretty. It has some integrations out of the box and is easy to customize.

CONS

No significant draw backs to it. I would say it's a middle of the road CRM system that is neither great nor terrible.

Reasons for switching to Insightly

Zoho was hated by the sales guys, the UI was aweful and not easy to use.

Iain

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2016

Long time user verging toward long-suffering user

This is a product I wanted to like so much. We have been using Insightly for many years. We were attracted to it because it combined CRM and Project Management. Over the years they have improved the CRM aspect, but have left PM virtually untouched. Their support is haphazard and they often introduce new *features* which cause problems - like the day Google Contact Sync stopped working, or the day Google Contact Sync started duplicating contacts in Google etc. Because we signed up so long ago, we have an excellent pricing model. If we were paying more I would be really dissatisfied. Oh and they are just appalling at sharing their product roadmap. It's like driving a manual shift car as the mechanic is fitting new gears as you speed up.

PROS

Great CRM and Pipeline Management out the box! Contact Syncing for Google is great - despite minor issues. Good simple project lists. Links nicely to Mailchimp and Xero.

CONS

Very very poor project management. You will need to use other packages for almost anything. No resource management. No Gantt charts. No visibility. Email integration is rudimentary. Task integration is non-existent. No Office 365 contact synchronisation.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this on to our product team because all feedback helps us improve. With regards to exposing our product road map -- it's common that privately held companies do not make their product road map public. If you have specific questions on features please send an email to laura@insightly.com and we can let you know if they are on the roadmap. Thanks.

Replied October 2016

Kevin

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Frustrating to get started

Overall, I don't think Insightly is the right tool for me due to it's complex setup which I think can improve if there a bit more videos in their help-section. The walkthrus for basic setup are good, but I'd love to see more videos or improvements in workflow automation. I only trialed the software so I can't speak on it as if I were an expert, but I think Insightly has some benefits but just not the right tool for me.

PROS

I was looking for a G-Suite CRM and stumbled upon Insightly. I decided to give it a go and try out the free trial upon reading a few reviews. The main area I was interested in and found to be good was Insightlys e-mail tracking. I sent a test e-mail to both Gmail and Yahoo e-mails and found the tracking to be accurate. I can see how Insightly would be a value add for monitoring sent e-mails, and then creating an automation workflow to auto-add any leads who reply to a pipeline, but I wasn't able to figure out a workflow for it. I do believe it's possible however to not only add to a pipeline but even export the contacts who replied and save to perhaps something like Mailchimp for another customer-journey.

CONS

My first thought was that it looked really in terms of the feature set but I was a bit overwhelmed with the setup and it took me about 2 times to connect to GSuite although, it could have been a bug on my end rather than theirs. After connecting my GSuite account, I started to play around right away, setting up the leads section as I plan to use Insightly for Sales Tracking and lead scoring. I found the UX/UI a bit sluggish, and creating pipelines with custom attributes a bit cumbersome. I was hoping for a rich data-enrichment where all Company/People info would be filled out, but that aspect wasn't there.

Holly

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

We love Insightly

PROS

Ease of use. Easy CRM tool. We are happy with the services and options.

CONS

We haven't found a con as of yet! We are happy.

Chrisarn

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Insightly's Features are Incredible, Making It a Top Solution

PROS

This customer relationship management software has been functioning brilliantly. I like how Insightly has been reliable and easy to implement.

CONS

Insightly has been sensational. I do not dislike Insightly at all.

Nezar

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Effective and Affordable

Overall for small or medium size sales organizations, this is a great vehicle to ensure all opportunities are documented and tracked. Scheduling follow up ensures that communication errors are mitigated and the email templates support marketing initiatives.

PROS

The software offers many free features that others charge. It is excellent for a small business on an operational budget but can easily enhance when necessary. Automated marketing email templates are effective and easy to use. The system also integrates well with other marketing products. The dashboard gives a snapshot of your sales opportunities and the user can customize.

CONS

Documenting phone call attempts and connects take too many steps. The Task portion is a bit complicated and again requires too many steps.

Reason for choosing Insightly

More enhanced features are included without additional costs.

Hi Nezar, Thank you for the feedback!!!

Replied August 2019

KELSEY

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Insightly CRM Review

Overall, Insightly solved my simple problems and provided a solution to our financial services firm so we could track our leads/projects until completion.

PROS

I previously used a version of Salesforce for small companies called Salesforce IQ. It didn't link contacts to leads, projects and companies well. It synced too much information from email and most of it wasn't relevant. Insightly solved all of these problems and made it easy to connect the dots between a person, lead, project, etc.

CONS

The software graphics were somewhat childish initially, but they have updated the graphics over time. It would be great if the software provided analysis / charts on some of the data that is stored there without forcing the user to do it themselves manually in excel.

Reason for choosing Insightly

Insightly was best for linking contacts, companies, leads and projects. They also had an email syncing tool which was helpful.

Comments above

Thanks so much for your kind note, Kelsey. At Insightly we work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience with our platform and are able to build lasting relationships with their own customers. Your feedback means a world to us and inspires us to keep up the good work. Cheers, the Insightly team

Replied July 2019

Jaysen

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Great easy to use CRM

Overall the company is very responsive to suggestions and fast with technical support. The price is better than some other larger CRM platforms out there. For a small to medium sized organization this enables you to focus on your business and not on tons of technical resources to support.

PROS

Unlike some CRM platforms that require robust training or certifications to customize to meet your business needs, Insightly is very easy to use platform. Implementation is a breeze with customer success managers who dive in to help understand your business and how the platform can be leveraged.

CONS

They are a great company to work with for your CRM and business needs.

Reason for choosing Insightly

The price. Ease of implementation. The Insightly team was always able to help with any questions. Setup and Billing is very easy.

Rosalina

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Insightly Review: A Comprehensive CRM Solution for Your Business.

Generally, Insightly is a very much respected CRM programming that can be an important resource for organizations hoping to really deal with their associations with clients more. While there are a few possible disadvantages, for example, restricted revealing capacities and the expense of the product, numerous clients track down that Insightly's scope of elements, customization choices, and convenience make it a significant expansion to their tool compartment. Assuming that you are searching for a CRM programming that can assist you with smoothing out your business connections, Insightly is certainly worth considering.

PROS

Simple to utilize: Insightly has an instinctive point of interaction and is not difficult to learn and utilize, in any event, for colleagues with almost no involvement in CRM programming.Hearty highlights: Insightly offers a scope of elements that empower organizations to deal with their associations with clients, including contact the board, project the executives, and deals mechanization.Customization choices: Insightly offers a serious level of customization, permitting organizations to fit the product to meet their particular requirements.Mix: Insightly incorporates with an extensive variety of other business devices, including email, showcasing computerization, and venture the board programming.

CONS

Restricted detailing capacities: While Insightly gives some fundamental announcing and examination highlights, it may not be pretty much as vigorous as some other CRM programming choices.Cost: Insightly can be costly, especially for organizations that require progressed includes or have bigger groups.Expectation to learn and adapt: Similarly as with any CRM programming, there might be an expectation to learn and adapt for colleagues who are curious about the product or CRM best practices.Client care: A few clients generally disapprove of client care, especially around reaction times and the nature of help gave.

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Very easy to use and love the to-do list!

I like this program. I really do. I mean, that to-do list is so handy not only in theory but also in practice. The features make the program so easy to use and the fact that there is support on hand to explain any issues that the training videos did not cover is such a big bonus. We’ve had times during training where we were unsure of the functions, but one quick call to support cleared everything up. We feel like pros! However, the cost almost negates the good features. We are a small business and it’s difficult to justify the cost when there are so many cheaper or free CRMs available. Maybe they’ll come out with a small business version that isn’t quite as expensive but has the features you need to run your day-to-day tasks.

PROS

I absolutely love the to-do list. It makes it so much easier to assign tasks to my employees. I always prefer to have tasks written down to verbal tasks, so this program helps so much in that aspect. I also really like the clean, efficient look to this program. It makes it very easy to use and is not as cluttered as other similar programs. I loved the training videos that helped my employees learn the ins and outs of the program. The fact that there is tech support readily available is also a plus. I hate having only email or only phone support available, but Insightly has both!

CONS

It’s rather pricey. The free version does not provide all of the features that make this product worthwhile over the competitors’. To get all of the features, you have to pay more, which makes sense, just not for small business owners. The fact that a higher plan is required to forward emails is a big minus. It’s something that almost all businesses need but paying the amount for the professional version is not necessarily a cost that can be justified. I believe that if this program were a little bit less expensive it would be more useful for small and new businesses.

Austin

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Constantly Evolving CRM

My company switched from Salesforce to Insightly due to Salesforce's high-pressured sales people and lack of being customer-focused. Insightly is a lot better at this and really tries to develop a connection with their clients. For the most part, Insightly has most of what you would expect out of a CRM. As a developer though, I often get ask to add functionality into Insightly and a lot of times there are things that simply can't be done due to system limitations.

PROS

What I like most about Insightly is its simplicity. It's rather easy to get up and going with it. It's also easy to train new users on the system.

CONS

I find that Insightly hasn't fully developed their developer-centric features. I do have to say though that they are always working on improving in this area, but coming from a Salesforce background I find that there is quite a bit lacking. In Insightly's defense, they simply haven't been around long enough or had enough time to build up to the technical capabilities that something like Salesforce has.

Clayton

Reviewed August 2016

Google Sync Does Not Work

Google Sync does not work for events. If you enable it historic events disappear from insightly. If you need to know who attended events (meetings, seminars, courses, etc) in the past then this is pretty serious. We've reported it to support and they've told us it has been fixed twice. It has not. You can also not export / import events records. We also find insightly slow to load. This is presumably because we are based in the UK.

PROS

It's relatively easy to use and good if you are a startup / small uncomplicated business. The google mail integration and auto contact creation is a real time saver.

CONS

Google Sync does not work as advertised. You cannot export / import event data. Insightly feels slow. Expensive for what you get.

Sorry that Google contact sync is not meeting your expectations. We offer Google contact sync and Google calendar sync: https://support.insight.ly/hc/en-us/articles/204061564-Setting-up-Google-Contacts-sync https://support.insight.ly/hc/en-us/articles/204061034-Syncing-Insightly-with-Google-or-Microsoft-Exchange-calendars Typically with sync functionality you can't import data into the process. Feel free to send your support ticket number to laura@insightly.com and we can look into your ticket/request with our support team. If you feel that our p