• Pros

• "This tool is easy to use and doesn't require any training. The low cost is definitely a plus."

• "I love using this tool because I can easily manage and track the status of my projects. It helps to my team to update their assignments from time to time."

• "I like this tool in managing and deliberations of task to my team. I can easily organized the activities and monitor their work."

• Cons

• "Limited user for the free version. A little bit expensive but worth it for the organizations to make it better."

• "It is the best tool for project tracking and staying on task and productive. The only little complaint I have is that unless you log in, you can't easily see all the changes that have been made."

• "It isn't extremely sophisticated but I wasn't looking for anything like that anyways so I don't really see that as a negative."

Browse Kanban Tool Reviews

Mariano from Industrias I

Flexible and intuitive tool

Use in combination with Todoist, combining it through Zapier. This way I have the best of both worlds and I manage the work using few resources.

Pros

Execute well the metaphor of physical panel on the wall with all the power of online tools.

Cons

It is necessary to be organized not to overturn too much information and that the boards do not become unmanageable.

Reasons for Choosing Kanban Tool

Because he lacks the tools to measure work.

Reasons for Switching to Kanban Tool

Trello lacks the tools to measure the progress of the work.

Trineka from Shotover Primary School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Excellent

I can't believe how user friendly Kanban Tool is. We have used the physical Kanban board in the past, but using it online is great when one of us is offsite, we can easily check or add to our boards.

Pros

Having completed the Agile Foundation Course a few years ago, the Kanban Tool was a real find. It is quick, effective and good use of both our time. We have a quick 'stand-up' every day to look at the board and what each of us have added. We love the fact it is easy to move tasks around, add check lists, due dates and new boards and assign tasks to each other.

Cons

It may just be a feature I haven't discovered, but I would like to make the actual board wider across the page.

Reasons for Choosing Kanban Tool

We had completed the Agile Foundation course a couple of years ago and have introduced Kanban throughout the school to other teams. So discovering this online version was a real find!

Reasons for Switching to Kanban Tool

Being a school, we were looking to cut costs and were very happy to find Kanban Tool.

I expected more

Pros

It is a good projects and task management tool, visual and easy-to-use. But as I've used other tools already, I'm not impressed with this one. It's cheap.

Cons

I advise you to try it out and see for yourself if this one fits your needs or not. For us Trello and Evernote are better but you might be delighted by it.

Ran from Next Insurance

Great tool to disseminate and monitor team tasks

great tool overall.

Pros

Kanban is used by many departments for tasks. We are able to track and disseminate tasks to team members and know were additional resources are needed. Very intuitive UI interface.

Cons

unable to sort tickets visually, search tool can be improved much more to do quick and more in depth search.

Response from Shore Labs

Replied November 2018

We highly recommend sorting cards by any chosen criteria, by right-clicking an empty space between cards in any column.

Casmin from Jive Communications, Inc

Great tool for productivity.

Improved efficiency and team output.

Pros

It's a great tool to improve team productivity. Whether you're in software development, sales, or marketing, it's awesome. You can easily view everyone's tasks on one board and then assign new ones, rate tasks based on difficulty and time needed, set deadlines, and more.

Larry from studioHFL

Podcast Kanban

As a podcast host I have to organize guests, recording dates, supporters, releases, etc. Kanban Tool has streamlined my day to day tasks and makes it easy to see what stage I'm in with each task.

Pros

I am by nature not a well organized person. Ideas swirl around my head just like the scraps of paper with tasks and information on my desk or floor. My wife told me about the kanban idea and I searched online and found Kanban Tool. The first week I used it was by far the most productive week I've had in modern history. Super easy to use. Very intuitive for even the most basic user.

Cons

At this point I am still exploring the software and have not found a weakness.

Reasons for Switching to Kanban Tool

In Word my listings were sequential and beyond that there was no organization. I tried using excel but it just seemed clunky.

Esteban from GEENE S.A.

Very easy and intuitive tool

Outside of the comments related to the price, it seems to me a very useful solution to work in teams, especially because it is very aligned with the KanBan methodology.

Pros

What I like most about the tool is the super simple and clean user interface, without unnecessary functions and easy to read. I really like the mobile version that works with the same web interface.

Cons

The tool seemed a bit expensive to me if you take into account that some office suites have similar functions, I would have liked a lower price.

Joanna from Composite Solutions

Industry: Market Research

Best visual managment tool

Pros

What is the mayor advantage for me is that you can try 2 user free trial version- what I am actually practicing to see how does it work. I have already gave an opinion to my team that this is excellent tool to visually manage of all the things you have to do in your daily base. It really helps to see what should be done, with what priority and when. I really reccomand to make work go smooth and easy.

Cons

I do not have any negative comment to give.

Ariel from IBM

June 2016

Great if you want to go agile

I have been using KT for over a year. I learned about it in my former company. We used it for project management and managing remote team. The best thing about it is that you can adapt it to your needs and create a perfect board for your work. It is not only about simple Kanban boards. The possibilities are endless. I also like the fact that KT offers very detailed and elaborated statistics and analytics. You can easily share files via KT and synchronize it with dozens of other applications. Now I use it only for me. It is also suitable for personal use. KT is all about elasticity and personalization. I hope my company will introduce it in the future.

Pros

-integrations -time tracking -power ups

Cons

-app only for Android

Zoe

The best Kanban app I've used

I've tried more than 7 of the popular Kanban applications, and this one is by far my favourite. It's to the point, no-nonsense, clear and easy to use, as well as to get used to using over a longer period of time.

Pros

- great customization and having the optional features (Power-ups) - time tracking, time reporting, cumulative flow, lead and cycle time diagram, breakdown chart - calendar and file hosting services integration - excel export - swimlanes - horizontal rows for setting a number of projects within one process (haven't seen this in other apps) - mobile access - free version to choose

Ryan from Solutionreach

Flexible, Intuitive Time and Task Management

I was recently on the hunt for a task management tool that I could run separate from the commercial products used at my workplace. This would allow me to add in personal tasks and lower level tasks that weren't appropriate to track in the enterprise boards I was a part of. I came upon Kanban Tool and was immediately impressed by the set up options; At a basic level, you already have access to basic, time and event driven Kanban boards, as well as several types of team boards for collaboration. From there, you can further customize the columns, number of lanes, and functions. You can import and export tasks through .csv and and calendar, making everything portable. In practice, I was impressed with the simplicity of the cards on the board. They can be created by color, helpful when trying to manage a bunch of different workflows like I am. At a glance, I can also see the priority, days until due (or past due days!), and the number of sub-tasks within a card. That's right - You can set up checklists WITHIN the card, which is hugely useful. If you like to have a card for each subtask, you can do that to, and mark subsequent tasks as blocked until the subtask is complete. I also enabled a cool extra that causes cards to "fade" over time, giving another visual cue to things that aren't getting done. Time tracking for each task was a bit of a revelation. Once I got in the habit of shifting every task I was working (The timer starts as soon as you put it in the "in progress" zone), I got really good info on what type of tasks were chewing up time, and even on the fact that I was working on a lot of things throughout the day that I didn't think to track. Finally, Kanban Tool offers what they call "Power-ups", which are basically plugins. The ones I have been really excited about are the ability to attach files to Dropbox or Onedrive, a custom Chromecast feature that allows the board to be cast up to a TV (Great for my family chore board in particular!), and one that allows you to manipulate checklists without opening cards. In the end, the only real niggle I had with the product was that while I can manually arrange cards in the To Do area (I use multiple swim lanes), one lane can't be longer than the others. I am an enthusiastic product researcher, so I was a bit surprised when my productivity management hunt just lost steam after starting with Kanban Tool. For flexibility and daily use, I couldn't ask for more.

Pros

Flexibility, extensibility, intuitive interface.

Cons

Not being able to fully manually arrange to do items.

Miguel from MiAGon LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

A Kanban board that caters to any needs

Kanban Tool is truly one of the best Kanban applications I have seen. It is definitely a Kanban purist, providing functionality beyond simple boards with drag and drop functionality. It provides plenty of features to make this a very functional application for environments who truly embrace the use of Kanban boards. The UI is simple and clean... nothing fancy, just pure functionality.

Pros

Kanban Tool offers true kanban board functionality with an amazing number of features and customization abilities not found in other Kanban products. Kanban Tool lets you create Kanban boards of any size and style. Start with a default simple board and expand columns and swimlanes as needed. Customize the cards by various types, as well as customize the fields you wish to display. Kanban Tool starts with 11 fields and lets you add another 15 custom fields. Reconfigure your board and choose from about 2 dozen power up apps to make your experience better.

Cons

Kanban Tool avoided the eye candy most other developers often rely on to bring customers on-board. They left well enough alone. No fancy UI's, just truly functional product. In hind-sight, this is not necessarily a CON, but thought it deserved to be mentioned.

Very efficient

Kanban tool does what it claims to be best at facilitating smooth team collaboration in an easy, no-nonsense way. Love the new design they've brought out, love the ease of creating new projects, love the maintenance-free time tracking, love their quick support team.

Pros

This is probably one of the 3 easiest to get to know applications I have come across.

Cons

Not the best mobile support, I'm afraid.

Simone from University of Padua

Effective tool to master your personal and team productivity

The overall experience is fantastic because you can take note of every activity and make it done for sure! Also it's funny to move cards and customize their colour, the visual impact is actually helping your work. Finally a word must be said on Support Service: they are very professional!

Pros

The flexibility in task organisation, swim lanes are fantastic to group related tasks. The possibility to add details, files, checklists, is great! Also remainders and priority&due dates are very useful.

Cons

The software is free only for 2 users, this limitation is quite strict.

Mary Grace from HPI

Efficient Kanban Tool

Marie Kris from SAMC

Easy to Manage Tool

Pros

Cons

So far I have no negative experienced in this software. The functions and features are very great and easy to use.

Charlotte from Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS FT

Excellent on-the-go tool for working from home and in the office

Pros

Like a lot of people, I’ve been working from home more often, sometimes going into the office once or twice a week. I was fed up with lugging my several notebooks around with me. I also felt uninspired when I saw my untidy rushed squiggles on a page. My colleague introduced me to Kanban tool, and I’ve been using it ever since. My favourite feature is the checklist when it is on display! I love the satisfaction of ticking it off my list, whilst still being able to see my achievements.

Cons

I have the free version, which is great because it’s free. However a few things slightly annoy me. One being how different sized boxes don’t fit together seamlessly. Imagine a game of Tetris, each shape fits neatly against the other. This is the opposite unless all your boxes are the same size, and if you have varying sized checklists then this is impossible.

I used this with a small startup in the Philippines and it worked well.

An easy visual for a team that spoke two different languages. There were also members of the sales team that had very minimal experience with project management requirements, documentation, and technology as a whole. The visual ease of this tool created less stress and everyone knew what expectations were required yesterday, today, and tomorrow. What held them up, what actions they had that held others in limbo, and of course the ability to celebrate in unison when the team accomplished a goal.

Pros

Language and cultural differences didn't slow down the learning of the team. The visual ease of the tool is phenomenal. Recording important files, checklists, due dates, and handoffs became very smooth.

Cons

There were older execs on the board that still preferred to see a Gantt chart for the integration of different services. This flies against what Kanban was meant to do. There was no easy way to export a report and create a Gantt chart for others. External reporting as a whole is not easy.

Manuel from Pocketstop

A Must Have Low Cost and Extremely Intuitive Tool To Have

This has been a must have tool for me to organize everything I need to do. Without it, I would be incapable of getting anything done.

Cons

A good tool to divide the work into parts, write each element on a card and put on the board

Pros

Division of labour Columns with names to illustrate where each element is in the workflow. Assigns well-defined limits to the amount of elements that may be in progress in every moment of work flow. It measures the delivery time and optimizes it to make delivery as short as possible. -Measure the delivery time and optimizes the process to make the delivery time as small and predictable as possible. -It has a panel dedicated to statistics, which is very suitable in the analysis of the work done over a period of time

Cons

the free version is limited to two users and two tables, if you want to add more users and tables you have to choose the paid option, in addition the free version is used to manage only simple projects with small teams

Arjen from Set-Up Electronics

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Good value for money

Very good. Kanban Tool is a daily used program in our workshop. We carry out repairs of consumer products in the south of Argentina. Every product is a card in our Kanban Tool and will manually move through the stages of repair by moving each card(product) through the columns.

Pros

- Ease of use - Easy to set-up - Availability of the history of each single card movement. - Almost problem free usage (reliable) - Pricing

Cons

- Limited add-ons available (looking for an easy way to print cards and to add reference numbers in barcodes) - Save card as image option does not work correctly when having a lot of cards in the kanban at the same time.

Reasons for Choosing Kanban Tool

Pricing and option to print cards.

Reasons for Switching to Kanban Tool

Pricing and option to print cards.

We love Kanban Tool

Pros

We're able to easily manage complex projects. The add-ons give it additional functionality that comes in handy, and we can add anything we need ourselves.

Matthias C. from Dresden Municipal Transport

better than we first expected

We mainly wanted to use the time tracker, but from a few months' perspective - it seems the overall increase in process visibility has been a huge improvement in how we work. The financial dep. are overjoyed with the possibility to automate recurring tasks - they're working just like clockwork. Overall, very useful application - the not too steep pricing also helps.

Pros

no training was needed - easy to use.

Sorin from Adobe

Really good. Simple and useful

Pros

I can have 2 panels for work and personal tasks I have an app on my phone and as well a web version I can use from my pc

Cons

I don't know how to remove items automatically from Done column after a period of time. I need to archive each of them. The Done column becomes too big after a while.

Response from Shore Labs

Replied November 2018

Sorin, glad to see you're enjoying the service. We recommend using the "archive all" option for the Done column - it is available under a right-click menu on the column header.

Quite good tool for project management

A good PM application for increasing efficiency on your work

Pros

I'm working on a very big project management area and this program makes me more efficient on managing complex organization tasks and time tracking.

Cons

Search tool need to be updated, card sorting is not working. There is no IOS app. Nothing more to add.

Response from Shore Labs

Replied March 2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing Kanban Tool. Please note, there is a dedicated iOS application available: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kanban-tool/id1096506294

Felix from Hospitality Industry

Looking for a smart way to get away from sticky notes?

I use this tool to organize all tasks within our little two person department. I started some weeks ago because I had so many notes in my paper organizer, in Outlook and sticky notes. It takes only minutes to setup and create tasks in Kanban. Since this day my colleague and I are using it every day and can see efficiency increasing already. For our needs a very well developed solution. Thank you.

Pros

Create your "first" draft within minutes Even free version offers a huge range of useful add-ons to manage your tasks You can customize almost everything to your needs

Cons

If you are looking for a simple cloud based tool to get rid of your paper notes and Outlook notifications there are no cons in my opinion.

Todd from PCMS

The only online kanban tool that checks off all the boxes

We got our project requirements and tasks under control quickly and allowed several stakeholders to "get on the same page" easily, streamlining communication and nailing down requirements. It's hard to imagine what this tool does not have. You can customize fields. Maybe customized reports? I don't know. It seems pretty complete to me. You can really hit the ground running with this tool AND it lets you import your items from Excel or other sources.

Pros

This software actually gives you columns AND swimlanes. You'll notice almost all of the competitors do not give you that. Managing items is simple as drag and drop, click and type. The online collaboration piece is solid and administration is a no brainer.

Jenna from Pocketstop

This tool is very useful in keeping my to do list organized, tracking my time & reporting on it.

Pros

I find this tool to be extremely useful. Before using Kanban Tool, my Account Management team has been keeping time sheets that I built in Excel so that we could report on how we spend our time. My department is focused on finding as many efficiencies as possible in how we operate internally and support our clients so that our value can scale as much as possible. Kanban Tool is one of those major efficiencies!

Cons

So far, I haven't seen anything I don't like. I am curious to learn about all of the features to be sure my team is leveraging the tool to its fullest potential!

Mohammad from T2

Use Kanban Tool to assign tasks

Pros

- Easy to use, - add checklist feature, - Priority per task feature,

Cons

So fare I use most of Kanban Tool features and it seems good enough, but if the team can made a feature by link color feature with Priority feature it will be better, Sample, For any task with high priority high , Red color will be linked to it automatically "it will be custom per priority per color"

Response from Shore Labs

Replied March 2020

Hi Mohammad, please note, it's already possible to automate task color selection to be based on chosen priority, with Process Automation: https://kanbantool.com/support/features#automation-rules Thank you for the feedback!

Roman from OnlineMasterClass.ru

My favourite Kanban software!

I've tried lots of different Kanban software after using real physical Kanban for a while. This is the only software which make me feel that it's working for me and not the opposite.

Pros

Design. Ease of use. Customisation flexibility. I'm a visual person, for me it's very important. Color-coding, layout, tags, custom fields. Here it looks really simple and it makes you really do the job instead of trying to figure out "how to"s

Cons

No cons for me. Maybe just small one, for me it would be cool to be able to join some sections vertically.

Aneta from ORIFLAME COSMETICS

Industry: Cosmetics

June 2015

With Kanban Tool managing remote teams is a piece of cake ;)

First and foremost - it is clear and intuitive, so you won't have problems introducing it to your team.The creators of KanbanTool took what's best from Kanban method and combined it with seamless time tracking. Integration with other software such as Dropbox, Zapier or Google Drive gives you practically endless possibilities. Great for delegating work, project management and even brainstorming new ideas. Totally recommend it!

Pros

-also an Android app -intuitive interface -really like its layout -easy to customize -a lot of interesting features such as: My Work Widget, Time Tracking & Reporting or adding tasks via email

Cons

-no iPhone app -more colors of cards would be nice

Paul from Bridgestone

its the core of tracking my time, work and efficiency

Manage tasks in a mode 2 operation to show value in development

Pros

Its easy to use and fully customizable to an extent, great add on features in the power ups and can tailor the whole user exsperience

Cons

Reporting could be alot better and more engaging - i.e Dashboard for different views of the kanban flows, iterations etc. Also the 'archive' would be good if this presented better as its hard to store, or look at what you achieved

Response from Shore Labs

Replied November 2018

Please note, it is now possible to search through all archived tasks, to easier locate the cards needed.

Ravichandran (Ravi) from Volvo Construction Equipment

Industry: Machinery

simple and detailed scrum board

Pros

the ease of use collasping the story points the ease of controlling what to display on the sticky calendar integration tools to review the progress ability to add notes, attachments and checklist quicky edit the scrum board layout screen castable multiuser log of activites searc option can add task via email and so on

Cons

changing the background ability to customize the stickies on particular swimlane and category. no much to dislike. i really like this tool.

Keshia from Health Center Association of Nebraska

Great visual project management tool

Pros

This tool is very easy to use. With working on a team we could see where we were at with our projects.

Cons

I felt that this tool was very elementary for what my team and I were looking for. We tried this product out but ended up going for something more as we needed to share documents and such.

Response from Shore Labs

Replied November 2018

Please note, Kanban Tool does support various file hosting services integration, namely: Google Drive, Box, Dropbox & OneDrive. Also, direct file attachments are available in Team and Enterprise plans.

Guilherme from Tboom Digital

Good Tool

Pros

Kanban Tool I recomended, because this tool optimize my work and my team. I had have more control about the jobs and I can see all the jobs together in the tool.

Cons

Control the jobs. Optimize my time and my work. Help my team.

Julian from Information Technology & Services

Great, quick and easy Kanban tool

There are many other tools that perform team kanban well, but I was also looking for a tool that can manage individual user's tasks, projects, self prioritisation and ideation. This tool does it very well over others I have tried

Pros

Simple and effective for Kanban based task management Great drag and drop and other friendly UI functionality to make management easy

Cons

Could do with a more pretty UI, but if it means sacrificing performance, I am happy with it as is.

Daniel from Venditum Latam

Excellent product for Project Managers across industries.

I have tried Kanban Tool for six months and I can say it has all the features you can expect from these tools and it allows me to be more organized: it is visual, based on colored-notes, drag and drop, you can customize the work flow, for teams, analytics, etc. Take a look a it.

Pros

It has all the features you can find in other platforms.

Cons

It has room for improvement (the design). For example, I have also tried RealTimeBoard (awesome design).

Anne from Siemens

Worth recommending

We use it at my company to manage projects and remote teams. Because of its intuitiveness it was extremely easy to implement. The greatest thing about introducing Kanban is that we don't need so many meetings anymore. Also, extensive analytics enable to oversee your team's workflow and spot any bottlenecks.

Pros

time tracking, low price, mobile app for Android,

Cons

no iOS or Windows app

Vipin from FIS

Love this product very much

About two months backs I was searching a product using which I could manage my personal work. I found many products and tried using those one by one. In all among them I found that kanban tool is very handy, easy to use, mobile application, excellent customer support.. etc. My overall experience is very good. Good luck team - kanbantool.com.

Pros

Light weight mobile application Easy to use Daily work status emails Free for 2 users ;-) Excellent customer support

Kanban Tool

Pros

Visual the Kanban Board Dynamic table design WIP ready

Cons

Cannot drag and drop swimlane Cannot move swimlane to other board Cannot export attached file

Gabrielle from Groupe Entourage

We were looking for a good project management system, after trying others, this one is perfect!

Pros

I can manage a lot of tasksfrom a long period of time in the same page. The filter is working very well. The automatic Checklist helps me to not forgot any recurant tasks.

Cons

There is no available setting for a target column related to due date. The calendar on the right is small, it would be usefull to be able to open it in another window.

Very helpful indeed

We've been using the app to manage the cooperation with some overseas contractors, and it proved a lifesaver. Such a reduction of communication time and lag, far less misunderstandings and quicker results altogether. Since then, we've never stopped using KanbanTool, even though it's just the local team at the moment. Still increases productivity greatly and keeps things in order.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to get started, nice, clear UI, great optional features.

Magnus from Agilitech AB

Great for personal efficiency

I use it only personally, it helps me prioritize and get focused.

Pros

Its quick and easy to use on a daily basis.

Cons

Can't change color easily (too many clicks currently)

Response from Shore Labs

Replied November 2018

Right now, card color changes are fastest done by right-click on a closed task, and with the "card type" toggle. We appreciate the feedback and will consider it in the future.

Simone from University of Padua

Great Kanban Tool!

I enjoyed Kanban Tool in the last 6 months for personal and professional use. I have already recommended the tool to a colleague.

Pros

Easy to use Compact visualization Flexible Perfect also for personal use

Cons

Some interesting feature is available only in Premium profile

Carlos from Azeitona Estúdio Criativo

Kanban, the best way

Pros

I'm a big fan of the kanban process. If you work with design or marketing, it's the best way to organize the workflow. And Kanban Tool is this – a kanban app. Simple and good.

Cons

Nothing at all. It's simples, intuitive and free!

June 2015

The best project management tool

My experience with Kanban Tool is very positive. It helps to carry out any type of project, smaller or bigger. Even though it offers so many options and functions, it remains simple and user-friendly.

Pros

Useful, easy to use, complete, cheap, universal

Cons

It should be available in more languages.

John from -

Industry: International Trade and Development

very useful

Our team started to use this app some months ago and I must say that I am fully surprised how much time it saves and how it improves the organization and communication between the team members.

Sasha from Yahoo, Inc.

Kanban Boards using Kanban Tool, Free Trial

Kanban Boards was recommended by my teammate as a great application for managing tasks. What I like is that it is a graphical clear visualization and helps me prioritize what I had going on and in which categories the tasks were. Also, I could color code, I do love that! I use the free version... so I don't have a lot of extra features, but I think the free version offers as much features and functionality as I needed!

Michal from Heart Medical Devices

Smartest management tool ever!

Pros

It's truly easy. I've used several different tools to manage my work... but finally, I came to the right address.

Randy D. from JPAutoCollisionRepair

More than enough for my medium size business

It's been easy to get started with the application from the get go - there are board templates available, so we had a good place to start with/ After this, we've just kept on improving the boards and our processes have much simplified thanks to this. I would roughly estimate that our process is bout a quarter shorter now than before - which is a huge improvement in my book.