• Pros

• "I love the support Karbon has to offer. I love the work templates that allow our work flow to be consistent among clients. And, I love focusing on work instead of email."

• "I really love the email triage feature and this is what drew me to the product in the first place. Works really good for people that work from there email lots."

• "Great way to organize your team and make sure everything gets done. Set and schedule tasks. Great support"

• Cons

• "Can take a little while to be accustomed to, however as stated the support is excellent and the features are easy to navigate!"

• "Would be good to assign tasks to multiple people in 1 task. Takes a bit of effort to initially set up but well worth it!"

• "Some of the email options are lacking (even the fact that I need to capitalise the "i" when typing "I"), formatting etc. These will no doubt be improved with future iterations."

Browse Karbon Reviews

Lisa from Compere Robinette CPAs

Communication reduces staff frustration and is the key to excellent customer service!

Exceptional. Karbon continually makes improvements to their products. They look for suggestions from the users and are happy to accommodate finding a solution for a specialized request.

Pros

Our staff enjoys the Triage function and visibility of communication most about Karbon. With having a team approach to most of our client work, it's important for everyone to know details from client interactions. This has helped us to be more efficient, batching questions and keeping us from contacting the client repeatedly for the same thing. It has essentially helped us provide better customer service while making our team more efficient.

Cons

I would like to have more options of labeling clients, helping to narrow down a specific group of clients to target for an email message or reporting purposes. Filter work by work title instead of work type.

Reasons for Choosing Karbon

Triage function. We also felt like Karbon was specialized more towards Project Management for the firm as a whole. Canopy was specialized in income tax work.

Mariel

The Superman-Batman-Crocodile Dundee-Indiana Jones-Dog Whisperer of Team Communication and Project Mgmt Tool

Have you ever wanted ONE SPOT to check email, delegate task, manage projects and customers? Karbon is IT. NOthing else compares to this robust, all inclusive system. Forget Twist and Slack, and your gmail or outlook, zendesk and all the rest. This program, while made for the accounting industry, is the perfect solution for any industry, and even a single individual could use it, but it shines with many users. No more multiple things to check and manage, it's all in one place. From Triage, you empty your inbox for email and @ tags from within the system and assign emails to other team members, create work from emails, and all correspondence tracks back to both contacts and pieces of work, so nothing is ever lost or hard to search. This is the most intelligent productivity solution available; I've tried many to disappointing results and now will stay with Karbon and not continue to look further. You can see work for the whole business, for yourself, and separately for your team. You can assign work to others, you can even assign tasks to clients and people outside your team, so they have their own checklist, which has comments and attachments - no more 10k emails! You can break down work into sections with different checklists and assign each task it's own team member and due date. You can drag and drop tasks to different dates. You can have templates for work to make creating work easy. You can make client tasks in these templates and also schedule repeating work. I can't go on, there are too many things that are amazing about this program. Do yourself a favor and try it out. I put it off for 8 months and after 2 days was hooked. 5 months later, it just keeps getting better and easier as we get more proficient using the program to its full potential. AMAZING! Nothing less than Amazing. Nothing slips through the cracks with Karbon.

Pros

Everything about Karbon.

Cons

They have both of these on their Fall 2017 roadmap: 1) time clock for job/client/employee time tracking (which is the only other external program we now use and can't wait to only use Karbon for everything); 2) Canned Responses (template emails plug & play). Coming soon, and I can deal with these cons because of everything else has saved so much time.

Amy from Streamlined Accounting Strategies

Not worth the money - there are lots of other options

I hope it's improved since I tried using it. I know Karbon has a lot of positive reviews, and it has always confused me because I liked a lot of the other project management applications we looked at better than it. But who knows - maybe my brain just doesn't work right for this particular piece of software.

Pros

It's a good-looking, flashy app. I liked being able to assign emails to coworkers and clients and my own tasks. Full disclosure: we used this for about three months at my company and then abandoned it. It just was not helpful to us.

Cons

My list of complaints about Karbon is long. Mostly, I feel like they hint at features that only technically exist. For example, Karbon integrates with QuickBooks Online, but I cannot understand why. It doesn't pull in relevant company information from QBO - not even company addresses. Those have to be manually entered. And yes, you can read your emails in Karbon, but you lose a lot of Gmail functionality when you make the switch: you can't sort emails into folders, save contacts into segmented lists, etc. Emails aren't even marked as read in Gmail! And, Karbon doesn't sync your contacts from Gmail. It brings in everyone you've emailed with. This is not helpful and extremely messy. There is no Google Calendar sync, which is what I use to sync my iCalendar and send my times and dates to all of my devices. So I just found Karbon really frustrating, especially at the price point - I feel like a lot was promised that wasn't delivered.

Elizabeth from Achen Henderson Chartered Professional Accountants

Huge Potential to help me support the accountants in my firm

Pros

My Motto for every day is "How can I help you today" and Karbon is my best asset For helping others. When the accountants in our office need a report or need to know if something has been done and they are too busy to check I can filter All Work in KARBON and bring it down to the file they are looking for in a very short time. I can have their answer back to them quickly and in a manner, they can use. I can check for each client what tasks are overdue and through notes on the file keep all the involved managers and partners aware of timing for their involvement in the file. When you learn to use the filters correctly the information you need is easily accessed and up to the minute. Karbon and I work as a team to send emails, keep notes, report findings, and make sure that "no client ever falls through the cracks - and calls to say "you forgot this - now I have to pay a penalty..."

Cons

Until you learn that the secret key to Karbon is FILTER - FILTER - FILTER then it is almost too big a program and under-utilized by a number of people. One of our senior partners summed it up like this "Imagine the only way you have to communicate to the office is through the KANBAN view in KARBON" this view teaches you to make notes, share emails, FILTER All Work and generally get as upclose to the file as you can so all the participants can work on any file in the company confidently knowing that they are working with the latest information. The only true Con is the magnitude of the learning curve. But with the seminars and help articles, you can feel supported and know you are not alone. There are many people who can help you out. There are WAY more pros than cons - really.

Diane from Self Employed

The Project Management Tool that Manages YOU!

Pros

It's completely streamlined our business, increased profitability and reduced time wasted on looking for things, or duplicating tasks. It's really easy to setup and maintain and you don't need an administrator to manage it for you. We have much more control over our emails now, assigning them to work and colleagues and setting up work such as on-boarding, system setup, or IAS and BAS is a breeze using templates. Client tasks help us receive information from clients in a more timely manner. There are too many features to list! But I'd pretty much tried everything on the market prior to Karbon and this - well it just ticks ALL the boxes and does what it's meant to do!

Cons

I'd love to be able to pin a note to the top of the work timelime. But that's not really a con, it's just a feature request!!!

Dayna from Accumulus

What a great practice management Tool!

Pros

Karbon is a such a great tool for our team communication and overall management of our business. It helps to keep everyone on our team in the know with regards to what is happening with our clients with the easy to use features of assigning tasks, creating to-do lists & checklists, and following up on work. It's also helped take following up with clients off of our plate with their "assign to clients" feature that includes auto-reminders! Our team acclimated to Karbon rather quickly and they continue get excited when learning about new features. I do need to mention that the customer support is excellent! Our questions/needs are responded to almost immediately. Lastly, Karbon is continually adding features and listening to what their customers are asking for...and it shows with their updates that are frequently being communicated. In short...WE LOVE KARBON

Cons

The only outstanding items right now are Outlook & TSheets features. We'd like to see folders in Karbon for ease of access and organization with emails, along outlook calendar visibility. We'd also like the ability to edit time in Karbon to avoid having to open up the TSheets application to view/edit. But I know they are diligently working on adding additional features and I'm hopeful that we aren't too far away from these.

Karen

Game Changer!

I don't know how I managed my clients and jobs before Karbon ... I know it was a struggle! With Karbon, it is so easy to keep track of what you are doing for each client with all correspondence and documents relating to those jobs attached to each piece of work. You can search for jobs, emails, work etc, create To-Do lists, assign work to colleagues and so much more. I can recommend this app to all professional service businesses, particularly bookkeeping and accounting practices.

Pros

Super easy to set up Very responsive support Makes scheduling work very easy Makes keeping on top of ad-hoc jobs and regular jobs very, very easy Constant innovation and improvement of the app Keeps all correspondence and emails relating to each job in one place Searchable emails, work, contacts etc

Cons

I can't think of any cons!

Chantal from Business Resource Center, Inc

Essential Product for Accounting Workflow Management and Team Efficiency

Pros

I love the system in general. The personal training for team members was amazing. Additionally, it is wonderful to work with a company that really listens to feedback and suggestions. There are constant improvements and upgrades that the development team rolls out based on customer needs. All of the above combined with the basic features have made the product addictive! I truly cannot imagine my workday without Karbon.

Cons

It's a big investment for a small firm. I wish that the cost would come down a bit. However, if used properly this product can increase efficiency assisting to create capacity within a firm. It was also difficult to get full team "buy-in". There is a lot of initial set-up required to create full usability; however, once the time is invested it pays HUGE dividends by way of efficiency and standardized processes.

Darren from Dardee Pty Ltd

I have been looking for a product like Karbon for the 7 years. Now I have it!

Pros

Karbon is the answer to all our problems. We have struggled with other software in the past. We have always found we needed to change the way that we do things to fit the system, rather than the system suit the way we do things. With Karbon we don't need to change anything. It suits the way we work. It has a huge amount of flexibility without being so flexible you don't know where to start. You just get started and go from there. There is no huge learning curve and even if you do need help the Support is fantastic.

Cons

None. There is nothing to say other than positive things. Even if there were some the Karbon team are very approachable about new features or tweaks.

Fee

Task Management - We're now at our best!

Pros

Thanks to Karbon, we are totally organised and know where we're at all times. With each email, you can either clear from the triage or assign to a colleague with a due date of expected completion which is attached to a piece of work. You will never forget a task again. Their search function make's it easy to locate information from many different platforms within Karbon. Karbon is so user friendly and their support team is the best I've ever experience. Can't rate this product high enough.

Cons

No time tracking - but I know it's coming as they listen to their users. Karbon are always looking at ways to improve their product.

Practice Management made easy

Practice management, staff management, job management, email management - it delivers all that I wanted in one app. What I would love is if the time tracking integration was not limited to tsheets as I have tested tsheets and it is more of a payroll focussed time management tool as opposed to a billing tool or tracking of job efficiencies tool - I would prefer if this integration was expanded to include a tool like Harvest for this purpose. Also if it could integrate with Xero HQ that would be wonderful as well as WorkflowMax just didnt work for me in terms of my logic or reasoning so I use Harvest with Practice Ignition and Karbon with only Harvest and Practice Ignition integrating with Xero - if I could get all 4 to talk to each other it would make my life a lot simpler and achieve better management

Pros

I am constantly writing out "to do lists" and then I get to the end of the week and I need to consolidate those lists to make sure nothing drops off - with Karbon I always have my to do list available and up to date. I also enjoy the fact that i have better control of my e-mails and previously where I forwarded a mail to a staff member by way of delegating it to them i had no way of checking that the mail was attended to unless I added it to my to do list - whereas now I can add it to their to do list and monitor whether or not it was completed

Cons

there is a quite a bit of set up involved in terms of getting the work templates in place but that is to be expected I guess - although once set up those work templates will serve as a sort of process manual so it kills two birds with one stone - its just where I am a small practice the time taken to get all set up will take longer as it is only me setting it up in between still trying to manage practice and keep up to date with client work

Revolutionary accounting software that, if used to its full, will transform your practice or firm.

Increased visibility of all projects and undertakings in the practice. Ability to monitor deadlines and schedule reminders. The automated aspect of the software is an indispensable quality for our industry and the option to create client tasks which are housed in their own space (outside of email threads where they often end up getting lost or missed) and the automatic reminders that underpin these, have transform our service delivery times and accountability measures.

Pros

The templates for work items which serve as company systems and procedures as well as project management allows us to monitor staff performance while resting assured that work is completed accurately and timely. We have more visibility than ever before and the software promotes the creation of new work in a way which defines 'how' it should be completed and so we now have operating systems and checklists for all our work. We know exactly what is and isn't being done.

Cons

Integration with 3rd party applications is still quite limited - we find ourselves duplicating data entry in some areas. It would be great if the software allowed the use of custom fields to record data not currently catered for by the preset data fields.

Seema from Star Company inc.

Karbon is a great practice organizer!

Overall we enjoy the product, we use it to manage our projects, time and communication internally. It has been a great addition to our practice and has allowed us more efficient onboarding, ease of access to information and is a great collaborative team tool.

Pros

Karbon helps our firm stay on top of work items and allows us to share items between colleagues while avoiding lengthy email chains. Its a practical approach to creating standardized work, assigning tasks and having accountability. We love the integrations with other software applications that we use, it has truly made our workflow smoother and more transparent for the whole team.

Cons

Sometimes we don't necessarily want to create a new work item- Like if we were visiting a set of client for a marketing initiative- we would want to record the visits but would like a way to do this without creating a work item.

Excellent Management Tool

Pros

Allows for a highly organized system for all facets of your business. Having the ability to delegate and assign work, check on the progress of each task by creating checklists, and have your email filtered in so that nothing is overlooked has been immensely helpful to our business.

Cons

I suppose depending on the size of your team, it can get expensive, however I do believe the benefit and time savings would outweigh the cost. I would also like to see a better notification system when checklists have items left unchecked for more than the duration of the job post. This would help prevent steps being overlooked or ignored.

Randall

An app that keeps us organized and on top of our workflow

Pros

The workflow management using Kanban just makes it so easy to see what needs to be today, tomorrow and in the future. Workflow templates are an awesome way to get organized and allow for an efficient way to get client work done. The checklist format in work templates is great, one of our staff setup a complicated payroll for a client via a template that now anyone can go in and do that client's payroll without wonder if they missed something. Definitely a must have app for accounting workflow.

Cons

No custom fields ability, we send out birthday cards to our clients and we can't keep track of that in Karbon at the moment. Email scheduler so we can do up an email and schedule to send it out later. Email templates would be a great feature too.

Easy to use software, awesome customer support and pleasant onboarding experience.

Pros

The software is so simple but yet so amazingly powerful. You don't have to spend hours and hours getting it set up. You can just jump right in and use it and then add more as you get familiar with the software. So many times I have to invest tens of hours to get an application set up only to be frustrated that it is not functional weeks after purchase. With Karbon you can just jump right in and start using it and refine it as you learn and use the software. The onboarding team is amazing and very responsive. Customer support is the best I have ever experienced. Available 24/7 and immediately responsive. This experience will be the one I measure all others by, from now on everyone must meet the Karbon Standard.

Project Management Tool Tailored to Accountants

Pros

This tool is so flexible and customizable; it could be set up to fit the needs of many different accounting firms, and even businesses outside of accounting looking for project management. It is great that it links to your email so you can add to-dos directly from emails. You can also communicate within the team through notes, and store all communication with clients in one place. From a management perspective, you can slice and dice work items in many different ways (by team member, client, type of work, status of work, etc). This tool will really do most anything you need in terms of project management.

Cons

I could get nitpicky and say I wish the scheduled work was more flexible in naming conventions and dates (for instance I want this work to be due every 1st Monday of the month). And it would be really great if you could get auto notifications when work or tasks were completed, or if tasks could be dependent on each other. Otherwise, as long as you spend a little time on the front end designing how you want it to work for you, Karbon is great.

Katrina from KRS Consulting Group

Karbon simply rocks my world!

I am able to onboard clients quicker and provide a more seem less entrance to our workflow. Staff are able to collaborate and share work more effectively while I see the overall plan of work from beginning to end. I start and end my day in Karbon and could not live without it to run my business.

Pros

Karbon is intuitive and flexible in it's approach to managing our workflow. Their support is on hand if we need it anytime. Using Karbon has revolutionised our Workflow and enabled us to increase efficiency and visibility over the team.

Cons

In the beginning Karbon set up and customisation can seem a little daunting

Alison from HPC Accounting & Tax

Good Project Management - Still Needs a Little Work

Pros

I like that the app looks great, it has really great potential to be the perfect project management software in the future. I use it as a checklist for all my work items. The client task option is also great for reminding our clients of outstanding items we need from them.

Cons

It's slow to load your work and sometimes work gets lost in the To-do's if they aren't assigned correctly by your colleagues (which is common when we are really busy). Karbon is willing to take our comments and ideas into consideration and always have great customer service.

Bryce

Karbon has taken me to another level.

Pros

I've been looking for a solution like Karbon for a few years. I'm a sole trader right in the middle of 52 different financial year end client jobs (I am juggling 52 clients in a 10 day window right now). I am normally out of control at this time of year, but I have found time write this. Each job is scheduled, I know who is waiting for who, how many hours I need and importantly the dollars to flow in. All emails around these jobs are connected to the job. If the jobs have issues (as they are doing as I type), I can move the timing easily and make notes. Generally extra work flows from these jobs and I can now slot that into a future, less crazy time, and it won't be missed. In the past, year end has been a highly stressful, unpleasant time, but I am in control. I've used CRMs before but they were sales focused and I needed work focused. I'm in for the long haul with Karbon.

Cons

I am looking forward to ongoing product development. I've seen great new features in the first 3 months already.

Lielette from All That Counts Pty Ltd

No excuse to forget a piece of work again

Karbon has been instrumental in shifting our practice from working in silo's to working as a cohesive team. From on boarding new clients to projects and regular compliance work we have it all covered now with Karbon. I rarely use my email Outlook folder. Training the brain to open Karbon daily was an initial challenge but once you overcome that hurdle you can't imagine running a business without it. I wish Karbon was around when I was a Sole Practioner as it would have expedited our growth rapidly. There are new features being added each week which is great for us.

Pros

On boarding process was fantastic Great training provided The team at Karbon are always willing to answer any question Integrates with our QBO file.

Cons

A little pricy but so too is losing clients because you forgot to lodge their BAS or something important.

Kirsten Marie from SRK Accounting

Revolutionise your practice management methods!

Pros

Get rid of the spreadsheets, reminders, to do lists, annoying pieces of paper lying around- Karbon encompasses all elements of practice management in an easy-to-use, robust and inclusive manner. Features such as scheduling and triage enables work to be assigned to different colleagues, and then kept on top of! Client tasks also ensures that clients are kept in the loop with their tasks and this saves the firm time chasing for info. The support provided by the Karbon team is excellent. Would highly recommend for all accountancy firms.

Aaron from HPC

Quick to learn and heaps of support!

Our firm was looking for something that could help us easily manage our day-to-day activities easily. Karbon definitely has given us that capability! With its features growing more and more we find ourselves consistently integrating new and value adding practices. The support team at Karbon thoroughly listens and takes notes on what its users want and prioritizes and implements those things timely with lots of training and how-tos accessible.

Pros

There's less slipping-through-the-crack items Setting up projects is a breeze and recurring work ACTUALLY works Lots of customization within projects Creating to-dos from emails and on the fly Karbon support is the best

Cons

More people aren't using it!

Brooks from System Six Strategic Bookkeeping & Analysis

Karbon is Legit

Pros

Karbon has improved the efficiency of our company and centralized most of our processes all in one place. Checklists, client details, projects, work assignments, it's all in one place. There is now no question on who is performing what task and responsible which project, and all the information we need to perform our tasks is right there. I highly recommend Karbon to any company that want's to grow and make things easier for themselves!

Cons

It will force you to re-think how you work, which is the entire point! If you think this is a con, take it as such, but for all of us who are looking for a better way to work, Karbon is for you.

Joe from Avalon Accounting

Simply Awesome Software

Pros

- One stop shop to see everything that is going on within the firm - Multiple ways to view information to manage work or see the tasks I need to do - Easy to oversee lots of pieces of work - Manageable inbox - Work templates make workflow standardized and easy to accomplish - Team actually uses (and loves) it!

Cons

- A bit hard to navigate to information within a client record - simple design mean sometimes there is a lot of clicking - No mail merge/email template database yet - have to keep an external email template database and add to commonly sent emails. - Beautiful design can come at a cost of having to click around a bit.

Jonathan from Raedan Limited

Getting organised has never been so easy.

Pros

Most of our team already used their email inbox as a todo list, Karbon takes this functionality so much further and incorporates other workflows, CRM and team management. Client Tasks allow automation of regular information requests from clients helping our team focus on the actual work. The fortnightly release sprints are one of our favourite things about Karbon. When we on boarded the Karbon team promised lots of features and everyone has materialised.

Cons

Karbon is still missing some basic email functions that can prove frustrating and mean you still need to occasionally switch back to Gmail to get something setup.

Natalie from Two Sides Accounting

Accounting Practice App of the future

Karbon allows total transparency across the entire practice allowing us to maximise efficiencies and streamline processes. We couldn’t work without it!

Pros

We love that all emails are shared with the entire team and that at any one time we can also view the status of any piece of work. The checklists for both our team and our clients are also revolutionary in terms of the way we work.

Cons

The reporting functionality is lacking. No calendar view of tasks.

Jeffrey from Jeffrey D. Reimer, CPA

Great app for remote teams tracking customer communications and projects

Pros

Karbon is a flexible kanban style project management app that provides a visual way of seeing the status of various work items in process. I like that you can move work items between kanban columns with a simple click and drag feature. Also, the Karbon team is constantly improving the app and rolling out significant improvements on a regular basis.

Cons

Currently, Karbon does not integrate with other apps. I use a third-party app to integrate the apps in our processes, and it would be helpful to be able to pull Karbon into this type of process development.

Shannon

Karbon has streamlined our job management and reduced my stress level!

Pros

TRIAGE - LOVE IT! you only read an email once, action it (assign to yourself, someone else, respond or create work), none of this reviewing the same emails as you constantly try to clear your inbox. You then work out of your TO-DO list and you even get the satisfaction of ticking items off the list The TRIAGE and TO-DO list help your own personal workflow/daily schedule but the "work" in Karbon is so easy to see at a glance what everyone is up to. We had someone really sick for a week and in the click of a button we reallocated the work, and all the correspondence with the client was attached.

Cons

Not really a "con" just an area to continue to improve - Emailing out of the triage is good, and they keep adding features, but it doesn't have all features of gmail etc it works well for most, but the attachment limit can catch you off guard sometimes but i know they are increasing the attachment size.

Transformed the way we work as a team

Pros

Shared workflows fully integrated with our email system. Good privacy control recently introduced, Communications with team members that avoids the use of email, I could go on and on but best you see for yourself

Cons

No mobile app yet. Integration with Xero contacts would be nice but basically an excellent system though there are always more things we as users would want, we are never satisfied!

Ryan from Ryan Kagan Accounting & Advisory Inc.

Best workflow solution for CPA firms ever!

Pros

Incredibly easy to use, it was designed to make it easy to ensure you are profitable. The information is gathered automatically through an email integrator and ensures that work and client request that are not anticipated don’t get ignored.

Cons

Haven’t really found any other than it doesn’t support the Spanish language since half my team speaks Spanish it’s made it difficult on that level.

Carol

Karbon's product, training, and support are awesome!

Pros

This product has a team approach to project management which gives us exactly what we need to manage our team. Their support team is professional, friendly, knowledgeable and ready and willing to stick with you and your team until you are successful in every aspect. Works with Outlook in keeping my history in a specific "work".

Cons

I would like to see the look-up lists to be sorted. I still need to use my Outlook to better find history, and you can't beat a desktop app when you are drafting complex emails that may take the full day to finish.

Bernie from Bernard N. Ackerman, CPA, P.A.

The most beautiful accounting firm management software that I have ever seen

Pros

The bringing together all our client information and work into one program. The "to do" and "triage" that allow assignment to other team members. The ability to manage your whole firm from one place anywhere anytime on any device.

Cons

The program needs more integration and dynamic links with other "cloud" programs. There are times when the program "stalls" and it has to be restarted.

Karbon has some amazing features

Pros

Being able to send automated emails and checklists to clients with reminders is absolutely brilliant You can also create you own templates and roll them out with different timing for each task i.e. after creating the task another task can be due 2 days after which is great

Cons

Hard to see a contact task list as the screen is locked about half way down and when you have recurring tasks these are created for about a month so if you say had a daily task and others it’s hard to distinguish between them

Beth from Raedan Limited

Love Karbon, has helped us streamline our processes and centralize our emails

Pros

I love the templates for work flows and the ability to customize these to suit your needs. The filing of emails is a very easy process with a lovely interface to go with it. Its great that Karbon take on board our suggestions and there seem to be new releases all the time so the product just keeps getting better and better.

Cons

Only downside is the search function on emails, currently there is no ability to filter by a client or individual however we have been informed this is coming soon.

Chad R. from Armanino LLP

Amazing!

Internal communication is much cleaner and everyone is on the same page about what needs to be done. Easily track outstanding items and deadlines!

Pros

No more sticky notes! Easily delegate tasks between team members and no more missing deadlines! I don't know what I would do without Karbon!

Cons

If I had to pick one thing, it would be that not everyone uses it!

Brent from Pentins

Helpful, efficient and a real solution

Pros

The flexibility around managing workflows and engaging with the team. It provides clarity to workflows, completely cloud-based and is an aesthetically pleasing product.

Cons

Build on the reporting features and more customisation to some of the templates and client checklists. However, I'm sure this will all be introduced in time.

Jessica from Xcelerate Business Solutions, LLC

Karbon allows us to stay focused!

Pros

Cons

It takes a while to get used to focusing on task management instead of your email. However, it's worth it because you become more focused.

Amy

Daily part of my workflow

Pros

I'm in the beginning stages of implementing this fully into my firm. I don't use all of the bells and whistles yet, but I can clearly see that it will be a great asset!

Cons

No app is perfect, but Karbon releases new features regularly and really listens to their users! I appreciate that.

Douglas

Peace of mind

Pros

Helps me keep track of everything I need to do for clients. My tax business exploded this year, and I was losing sleep thinking about everything I needed to to, keeping spreadsheets, notes in One Note, emails... Everything in separate places. now I can bring most of that into one central system and I love that when I send a request to a client, Karbon: 1) sends them reminders so I don't have to follow up, 2) can add automators to change the status from "waiting on client" to "Ready" when they complete assigned tasks etc.

Cons

Learning curve. Also, when I add a template it adds a long list of todos. My To Do list gets cluttered really fast, but I suspect there is a way to manage this that I haven't figured out. I've only been using Karbon for a few weeks.

Wonderful workflow management tool

Pros

Ease of use, easy to delegate and integrate with mail Easy to follow up on where minor task are up to

Cons

Not being able to integrate with my Calendar, thus I still need to open Outlook daily. Inability for my delegates of my Mailbox to have access in Karbon

Love, Love, Love this Program

Pros

I seriously don't know why it took so long for me to take that leap and use Karbon in my business. I can't imagine how I would run my business without it. Saves me so much time and I know exactly where each client is up to at all times

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Karbon is you can't schedule your emails to be sent at a specific time of the day, apart from that, Nothing

Diane from Accounting

Great practice management tool

Pros

The ability to monitor workflow, tag emails to client as well as the specific work being done is priceless. Information doesn't get misplaced and its so easy to stay on top of deadlines. In one view I can see what work is planned, in progress, what is waiting on the client etc. With so many records being electronic you can't just look around the office anymore to see what's physically there, Karbon is the solution to the digital record management.

Cons

The client tasks need to be little easier to manage. It would be nice to be able to send just a form email rather than a checklist type of communication and changing the date it is being sent should be able to be done within the task rather than the work template.

Pros

Cons

Could you a mobile app to make it easier to access mobile, have to use a browser now and can be a little tricky.

Karbon fan

Pros

1) Easily triage my emails and turn them into tasks 2) Collaborate on emails and tasks with employees seamlessly 3) Monitor workflow and job status of employees via dashboards and reports in Karbon 4) Document detailed procedures for staff and clients and easily roll out across all jobs

Cons

Does not have a calendar view to manage meeting invites

All-in-one accounting software which increase productivity and output

Pros

The availability of necessary data for an accounting work is the greatest advantage of this software; e-mails, clients, project managements, etc., it all available in Karbon. It can filter inputs and data of my entire team which makes allocation of files easier and time-saving. Visibility of necessary facts is top-notch. With this software, monitoring of deadlines and schedule reminders is easy and automated.

Cons

Limited integration is a disadvantage. Since our team uses more than one software for our daily accounting needs, it would really be a great addition for integration with excel or QuickBooks. But this might be included in future updates which we will gladly be looking forward to.

I love this software. It helps me stay on top of everything.

I feel more organized and feel more comfortable communicating with all clients.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the triage. I feel like I can have a big picture of everything that is new or going on at the moment and quickly peruse through all of it. That way I can set priorities for the day and me aware of everything going on in the firm. I feel like nothing slips through the cracks.

Cons

Sometimes I have to go back to my gmail, for example, when I have to download multiple attachments. The "download all" attachments does not work for me. That can get pretty annoying. Additionally, this software needs full commitment from the whole work team. If someone does not use it fully, it does not work as well.

Oh, the joy of zero inbox

Pros

Amazing how much mental clutter you can gain by getting rid of your email inbox. Once you've trained yourself to not check triage every 10 minutes (like you would email), it's great to have everything cleared away, allocated or scheduled for future reference. And having the task and work updates automatically reflected in the workflow saves a huge amount of time of having to maintain it manually.

Cons

There are a few things we'd like to see automated, or other dependencies created. For example, ability to automatically reallocate a piece of work to a different individual or change its status once a certain date passes. We're sure it's on the list!

Kamille from Consolid8

Workflow management solution!

Pros

Karbon is the answer to our team's dilemma of managing emails. We are now able to assign emails to the right person, and be able to create jobs/work/to-do lists in one single software package. In addition to that, it has been easier for us to track what each and everyone has been working on, which sort of helped us in capacity planning. What made Karbon more helpful for us is the Client Task functionality where we could send out email reminders/checklists to clients. Karbon is an amazing creation!

Cons

I think it needs more email formatting options, and hope there could be a mobile app soon! Can't think of anything more -- Karbon is an excellent product!

It Gets the Job Done

Pros

The thing I love about Karbon is it get's us out of our email and into action. No other product compares. The other most loved and most powerful thing is the community its founders and staff members have in place to support you get once you are in the product. The webinars and follow through has and will continue to be a game changer for our bookkeeping business. It's not an easy product to get to know because it is highly customizable there is always more than 1 way to do things but persevere and it will pay off.

Cons

I really want it to have a calendar view with all of the due dates. Otherwise, it is a fantastic program.