All Keela Reviews

Leigh

Reviewed January 2018

Keela has been highly responsive and quick to evolve to meet the practical needs of its customers.

PROS

I like the simplicity of Keela however, it's important to point out that the simplicity doesn't compromise how useful the tool is. They've stripped down the CRM model to make it exactly what fundraisers at small and medium size charity need and got rid of all the extra widgets that just make tracking donor data unnecessarily complicated. We have also greatly appreciated the quick response time of the support team. Multiple features that we have suggested would be useful have shown up in new iterations of the product and the team regularly checks in with us to make sure that we are happy.

CONS

The dashboard isn't the best. I would appreciate being able to customize it to be able to see the information that is important to you at a glance.

Thanks for your feedback! We are planning to make some improvements to the dashboard and we'd love to hear your ideas. Please get in touch with us here: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Replied February 2018

Doug

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Very satisfied with Keela

Our experience with Keela has been amazing from the original sales presentation, to onboarding, to learning how to use the software, to ongoing customer support. Their team is fantastic and probably one of the main reasons that we continue to stay with them. The product is great but the customer support team is just as good. Always very responsive and helpful. Quick to listen to suggestions for improving existing features or adding new capabilities. The Keela DRM has also been extremely helpful to us as a small nonprofit because it puts every aspect of our fundraising, communication and donor management all in one powerful and easy-to-use tool.

PROS

Keela provides all of the tools we need in one place. Not only can we manage all of our donors' information, interactions, and transactions, but we can also organize multiple donor campaigns, create various donor and subscription forms, send out all of our email newsletters and fundraising email blasts. Keela allows you to run just about any type of report that you can think of, set up multiple dashboards for monitoring various metrics, and gives us the ability to set up powerful multi-step automation sequences that can be triggered by various actions. Keela is very affordable and their customer service team is one of the best I've seen anywhere. They're very responsive and listen to their customers for new ideas, potential bugs, and much more. We are very satisfied with Keela and would highly recommend it to any other nonprofit that is looking for a DRM.

CONS

There is not much that I do not like about Keela because whenever I encounter a problem or limitation, I just contact their support team and usually get a response very quickly. Probably my least favorite thing about Keela is their mobile app. It is good but is just a little limited in it's functionality.

Reason for choosing Keela

Keela had the most functionality for the best price. So many features and functionalities integrated into one tool with a simple-to-use and intuitive interface. It was a clear choice for us.

Courtney

Reviewed September 2019

Keela Review

So far it has been good, I am happy with our choice and the abilities, I think with some key enhancements this could be a really great platform.

PROS

I like the overall donor management options including importing donations from other sources, the ability to soft credit, adding volunteer hours, etc. The cost of the software if excellent and it links to several other programs we use. Customer Service is great when I do reach out for help.

CONS

I would the forms to be more dynamic, right now I have to create too many forms. An example if a campaign we did for a free sticker, within the campaign we wanted to offer the donor a chance to pay for the sticker shipping and possible donate something extra. I couldn't do this in one form, I needed a for ​the free part and separate from if they wanted to donate. Overall I think the forms could be improved to allow for more flexibility​, I would like to have some of the questions like "pay for the fee" to default to Yes. Pulling reporting from specific forms is not easy, we use this for tour registrations and it is cumbersome to get to the responses sorted by tour day, overall forms could be more efficient​ and enhanced. I would also like to see a mobile app.

Reason for choosing Keela

Overall package, features, pricing and customer service during the process. We were also referred to Keela by another sanctuary who spoke highly of the platform.

Reasons for switching to Keela

The cost of the two separate platforms was too much for our organization. We wanted on the ​platform for all donor management.

Hello Courtney! Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time. I'm so glad to hear that you are happy with Keela! The Customer Success team have loved working with you too! We've got some really exciting enhancements to forms scheduled soon - I think you're going to love them! Stay tuned and thanks again.

Replied September 2019

Laura

Reviewed April 2021

Very happy with our experience!

Overall we are very happy. Keela is easy to use and has helped us improve our donor experience. Our staff can now check donor accounts and see all relationship details at a glance.

PROS

As a smaller charity we are most impressed with the integrated features on Keela. Being able to direct our donors to give online and know that they will automatically receive a tax receipt and thank you makes us very happy. Tax receipts are now branded and our charity is listed on our donors credit card bill. This helps tremendously with brand recognition! We are now able to save a lot in administration costs by no longer having to be dependant on third party processors. More importantly than money saved is the improved donor experience that we can now provide. We never have to direct our supporters to a third party to resend tax receipts, update credit card information, stop or increase monthly donation, etc. The BCC and FWD email features are a real time saver as well!

CONS

There are some features that need improvement to completely satisfy our needs but we find Keela always makes the effort to continually improve their product and is open to suggestions through their Ideas Portal. At the moment our biggest challenges with the software are: limitations in reporting, e-blast design features are limited and donor interactions are not able to be imported.

Reason for choosing Keela

The price point is good, on boarding costs are reasonable, the platform meets our needs and customer service is great. We also liked the idea of supporting a smaller, local company.

Reasons for switching to Keela

eTapestry was very clunky and difficult to use and there was very little customer support.

Oh, hello Laura! Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback. Firstly, let me just say that the Customer Care team think you are great, too! Your feedback over the last 9 months (Wow, has it really been that long?) has been absolutely integral to our Product Road Map. I'm very happy to share that enhancements to Reporting and E-blasts as well as the ability to import Interactions are on all on there! Keep an eye out for communications about each improvement as they're made in the system. Thanks again - we really appreciate you!

Replied June 2021

Richard

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

A Modern and Innovative Tool that Helps Us Manage Our Donors and Sponsorships

Keela has helped our organization have a centralized data management center that multiple volunteers can access to perform tasks that keep us in compliance with our local and national government. In simple terms, it's made everyone's job a little bit easier!

PROS

It was fairly easy to switch from our previous CRM database that we were unhappy with. This software has given us the ability to communicate effectively with our donors, keep track of sponsorship pledges, and track our yearly fundraising goals. All of this has been easy to customize to our organization and add the custom fields that pertain to us.

CONS

To be fair, it's hard to be a "one size fits all" for any product, so of course there could be things that could be enhanced or added. For us, I would like to see when a pledge payment is past due and be able to create a segment or report that could show who is behind and by how much. Also, I would like the ability to create custom reports that would allow custom queries. The nice thing though about the Keela team, is they REALLY listen when you have a particular need like I just mentioned and they provide an Ideas Portal for just that!

Reasons for switching to Keela

It wasn't meeting our needs and even as a software engineer, I had trouble customizing it. The interface was clunky, at best and a bit too minimalistic. We lasted a year and a half and I was happy to find Keela at a slight increase in cost which was well worth it.

Thanks so much for your detailed review Richard, this is great feedback for our team. I am happy to hear that Keela has supported you with data management, donor relationships, and fundraising reporting - that's exactly what we built the system for! If we are not saving you time, we aren't doing our job I noticed there are a few things in the system you are still on the lookout for. Specifically when it comes to viewing and reporting on Pledges. You can actually view the 'Status' of all of your Pledges by going to the 'Fundraising' tool and clicking on the 'Pledges' tab. Here you will be able to view and 'Filter' by Pledge 'Status'. As for the ability to have a visual report of who is behind and by how much, this would be an excellent idea for our Product Portal for our team to review (https://portal.productboard.com/keela/1-product-portal/tabs/1-under-consideration). As for custom reporting, I reccomend reaching out to our Support team at support@keela.com. We have become

Replied February 2021

Douglas

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Keela "Thinks" Like We "Think"

I'm sorry that, when a person reads the "cons," it probably sounds like I'm "dissing" the software. But the truth is - it's the best we could find. And there's something else: They (the entire team) seem to have such a customer service orientation that they LISTEN! And they aren't afraid to admit that something needs to change. For example, see above when I mentioned the problem with state abbreviations. After I submitted the idea into the idea portal and copied the customer support email, they wrote me back a personal email and admitted that they should have caught this earlier. The fast-tracked the fix and -- I'm serious - they rolled out the fix within like... maybe three weeks max. (As fast as we would have wanted them to make a fix, test it, and releast it.) In fact, they've listened every time - and they've begun implementing changes based on sincere user feedback. Last week (I'm not making this up), they arranged a call with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]-- both on a Zoom call with the customer support specialist that they assigned to us. Their main purpose seemed singlefold: To listen. They never became defensive... not once. They basically said, "Make a list of your 'pain points,' and give ALL of them to us." No software vendor had EVER done that for me before (even though I've been equally forthright with ALL of them). The pricing is fair for what we get. Imagine - we sent out 9800 emails. Keela did GREAT. There's so much more I could say. Love it.

PROS

Keela's pricing structure was straightforward and fair. They didn't charge "by the user," like some vendors do. Yes, there's a sliding scale based on the range of contacts, but for our org, the scale seemed fair. We had tried numerous (I forget how many) products previously. I'm ashamed to admit we rarely stayed with one product longer than a year. DonorPerfect. CiviCRM. Salesforce. Blackbaud. Bloomerang. Salsa CRM/Engage. The list goes on. Not sure why - but when we found Keela (I'm not kidding), it was like finding "the one." For one thing, they didn't make me make an appointment with some sales rep that would do a 30-minute demo, then ask me if I had questions, even though I had already watched everything in her/his demo in dozens of YouTube reviews. (That's a crazy system, if you stop and think about it.) Keela let me open the account, set everything up, do my first imports, and start using the program all without having to wait on ANYONE in ANY time zone. (It's not that I'm anti-social. I just wanted to experiment with it on my OWN.) They advertised some outlandish increase we should expect in fundraising. I remember thinking, "Now how could they know that?" But I'm serious - from the day we first installed until the first email campaign, it was under 90 days. And our first email/printed mail campaign has just topped (you're going to think the company hired me to say this - but they didn't) $100,000 in income. Our typical email campaigns had been $10,000 or $12,000prior

CONS

I need a bigger box. (haha) I didn't like the way they seemed to want to hide certain fields from me - like, they were afraid it would make the software seem too complex. The reporting module seemed sooooo basic. I just wanted them to give me a "field picker" for every field and let me choose exactly which fields I wanted. Instead, someone in their product development team had apparently decided which fields that he or she thought were important enough to include in a report. What's so hard about giving us a dropdown box with choices -- ALL choices?! States and Canadian provinces were listed in a dropdown - but I had imported thousands of records with state abbreviations -- and, strangely, it wasn't an option to search for those. (?????) Again, it was like they were trying to make the program so friendly that they prevented us from graduating to more of a "power user" posture. The software was fast (I mean - we have 17,000 contacts and it seemingly always finds the desired contact within 1 second - seriously), but some of the clicks and steps between functions are dreadfully filled with twists and turns and dead ends. Too many clicks. They allow the user to manage importing - and they have documented it well - but I can't designate a "key field" that I want to use as the key. They have their own Keela index - but it's hard to assign multiple keys. They DO keep an "external index" and they use it - but sometimes I'm not clear how to mesh the two.

Reason for choosing Keela

Primary: The customer service seemed above ALL. They LISTEN. It's almost like... if we're going to go to all the trouble to hitch our wagons to a star, may it be a star that has a forward vision. May it be a star that answers email!!! (Keela ALWAYS answers within a day... but LOTS of times (no joke) they answer within three hours. There's no phone support that I know about (if it's there, I don't know how to access it) but to be honest, I'd prefer to dash off an email and let them process it (address or answer something) then respond anyway. Honestly - can you tell that we love this software? We've now got two guys and all they do is call contacts. Every call is logged in Keela - and we can SEE all their action -- even though they live in other parts of the nation. Keela just WORKS. We've hired a programmer to write import code so that our accounting software will create an easy import file -- so that in one click, so to speak, we'll import in all of the transactions from the day before. Can't wait. IT's taken him two months - but will soon be done. Our accounting people don't want us messing with their records - so we can't use the accounting software for fundraising. But we CAN "read only" their information each night at midnight and import it INTO Keela. Can't wait. My advice, whatever you're using - whatever you're CONSIDERING - stop the presses and try Keela first. If it's not what you're seeking, then write the company. If they can make it happen, they will - soon.A++

Reasons for switching to Keela

Salsa CRM - which is a rebranding of a 1990s program called DonorPro (or something like that) is SOOOO laborious and slow. The interface is just downright painful. So rather than write something new, they tried to marry it to something new -- Salsa Engage. But the mismatch is so convoluted. And we complained about features that were downright GLITCHES that went for months and months and MONTHS without fixing. It was EXPENSIVE compared to what we get. And there was VERY little that helped us flourish. Zero way to bcc emails in to any kind of communication stream. Sad.

Doug! We've said it before and we'll say it again - thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your enthusiasm, your passion and most of all your willingness to work with us to make the system better. Keela is on a rocket journey to the moon and we're so glad to have you onboard! Thanks always, the Keela Customer Care team (and every single team member t Keela if I'm being honest - we are all BIG fans!)

Replied February 2021

Laura

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Keela review to date

We have only just started using the software, so do not feel we have had enough time with it yet to review it. We have noticed a couple of glitches with the software which are unique to our two organizations, as mentioned earlier in this survey.

PROS

We are very new to the software, so our focus so far has been on data entry and setting everything up and developing convention for entry to ensure consistency.

CONS

We would love to see the ticketing software that integrates with Keela. We have been using TicketPeak and it is not a simply process to ensure we are accurately capturing contact info. One system for our CRM, fundraising and box office would be ideal. We would also like there to be a way in which we can issue tax receipts for each of our two charitable organizations without having to pay for two separate databases. They are essentially the same contact list, but donations are made to either or both organizations. It would be great to find a solution to this within just the one database.

Reason for choosing Keela

Seemed to be the easiest and most intuitive for an organization of our size and with limited staff.

Reasons for switching to Keela

Theatre Manager was very expensive and very unwieldy for an organization of our size. Because of the intricacy and complicated nature of the software, we had to have regular / seasonal training and it was very expensive. As with Keela, we had to request customer support through booking a "ticket" and response time was too slow for our needs. Keela is better with response times and we have always found you very helpful. We still very much prefer speaking with a real live person over the ticketing system, as our questions almost always require quick responses.

Shauna

Reviewed October 2023

Review of Keela as an admin and user

PROS

I like that it has features we can use on a daily basis all in one system.

CONS

Any new product enhancement isn't automatically added to your subscription. Often has to pay additional fee.

Reason for choosing Keela

Same reason we made the switch. Value for product.

Reasons for switching to Keela

Keela is a Canadian company and subscription is in Canadian funds. Also has all of the options we need and great customer support team.

Kayla

Philanthropy, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Capterra Keela Review

With Keela being fairly new for us still, everyday we use it we are learning new things that can be done within Keela! It has been a bit of an adjustment but we see lots of potential with Keela.

PROS

I personally love how customizable Keela can be depending on the user. It's also nice that there are many functions that can be taken advantage of in Keela, keeping most of our Data in 1 place instead of spread out between multiple products.

CONS

With the amount of Data that was in our old database, we have had a hard time with the transition of correct data into Keela from our old server. It has taken more time then we have envisioned to get everything into Keela from Kindful. Additionally, I have personally had issues with importing taking up to 6 hours with Keela.

Reasons for switching to Keela

Moving to a database where we can ultimately have as much of our work in one place.

R. Brad

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2018

A Quick, Low-ish Cost Solution for a Non-profit that lacked structure

Overall this software has (or will be) a lifesaver. Our staff have had difficulties adjusting to the new system, mainly because there is structure and specific data points where before it was a mish mash of data in notebooks, Excel files, and Post-It notes. I would like to see some additional development devoted specifically to customization of the system. Keela is very much a rigid cloud solution with little to no customization options. Having the ability to control the look and feel of the system, donor-facing data, and being able to control what inputs are allowed from users would be a huge help. At the end of the day, though, Keela is a great solution for a small nonprofit who is looking for a quick solution at low cost.

PROS

-Easy to onboard donors and volunteers (the difficult part was organizing the data to make it upload properly which has more to do with the administration of the organization that the software. -Immediate, flexible training for the staff. -Relatively simple interface. I say relatively because sometimes its almost "too" easy and some members of the staff overlook the simple solution.

CONS

-I am not fond of the analytics tool. Again, maybe this has more to do with the fact that its too simple, but as an analyst I find it difficult to get the information I want easily. -We have had some struggles with the integration with other vendors-specifically MailChimp. After following all the instructions for both companies, we still cannot complete a good link.

Hello Brad! I'm so glad to hear your feedback - especially your sentiments about training which the Customer Success team are particularly proud of :). I'm also pleased that you find the system to be easy - Our goal is a simple system that users can transition to easily so this is very good news! I understand that the Analytics tool can be challenging sometimes - and I'm happy to let you know that we're making improvements to it early this year! We'd also love to hear your suggestions for what you'd like to see (you can post them here: (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new)) In the meantime, if you would ever like suggestions on how to access your desired information please don't hesitate to reach out to support@networksforchange.org - we will do our best to find a quick and easy way to get what you need. Also, please also let us know if you are still experiencing issues with MailChimp - We'll be happy to take a look.

Replied January 2019

Annastasia

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

User Friendly and Excellent Customer Service

PROS

We love how easy it is for people to learn the system. New staff are up and running on it effortlessly. The customer service is also stellar. The team really listens to our needs and helps us find solutions.

CONS

integrating our email provider with Keela's email function was difficult and managing unsubscribes has sometimes been a challenge.

Reason for choosing Keela

price, local company, and customer service.

Reasons for switching to Keela

Nation Builder was too expensive and had too many functions that we were not using.

Avi

Reviewed August 2019

Great solution

Tracking contacts and donations and hopefully will expand more for e-blasts.

PROS

Easy to use and very user friendly. Screens are managed and viewed easily. Easy to enter and log information (like contacts, donations and so on)

CONS

Support (although very professional) only by email. Would prefer a phone support.

Reason for choosing Keela

Because all of the pro I listed above

Reasons for switching to Keela

sumac doubled their price after being purchased

Hello Avi, Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad that you are enjoying the solution! Feel free to reach out when you are ready to try E-Blasts and we would love to send you some resources to get started. Also you will be happy to know we are working on adding phone support sometime in the future. Thanks again for your time!

Replied September 2019

Meghan

Individual & Family Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Fantastic product for NPO's

We're happy to finally have a cloud-based database where many of our team members can access important information and we can all work together to perform tasks. Working with Keela has been a positive experience from the beginning and we especially appreciate that they consider feedback and are constantly improving and making updates.

PROS

Keela has become our one-stop-shop for donor, member, e-mail management, etc. and has streamlined our processes immensely. The integration and import of all of our current data was seamless and quick and if we ever ran into any issues, customer service was very helpful. Keela is very easy to use and learn, which made training our very busy staff and volunteers very easy.

CONS

Our organization has some pretty specific needs, and not every feature from our previous donor/member database was able to be customized in Keela. However, we were able to find some work-arounds and the pros of using Keela vastly outweigh the cons.

Cost, features, customer service

Hello Meghan! This review made our hearts sing - This is exactly the experience that we are striving for you and your team members. While you said so many wonderful things, it's your comment about us considering feedback and making constant improvements that I'm most pleased about. Our Product Team works so very hard to collate and action each piece of feedback that we receive and it's brilliant to see that their hard work shows. I'll be sure to pass this through to them! Of course, your compliments for our customer service was the cherry on top. Thank you again! Keep sharing your feedback and we'll keep building together.

Replied June 2021

Melissa

Fund-Raising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Keela Review

We are now able to track all of our sponsors and communicate more effectively with them. When we have fundraisers, we can create e-blasts and link them to our website. Support in is up! I am so happy.

PROS

This software is so user friendly. When I began using this software, I had extremely limited knowledge of computer use and I was still able to figure it out quite easily. The software is able to accommodate all of our needs and do what we need it to do to help our animal shelter and fundraisers run smoothly and with accurate data. It is easy to track everything we need. I am so impressed. And for the price... I can't imagine using anything else. There is no need to spend a lot of money on some of these other programs when Keela and do ALL you need!

CONS

So far, the only thing that I don't like is that I cannot print off an e-blast that I design to post in various vet offices and at the shelter. I have to create a separate brochure for anything besides e-blasts. Maybe this is possible and I just don't know how to do it. But to me, this is the only draw-back.

Hi Melissa, thanks for your feedback! Posting an E-blast at vet offices and shelters sounds like a great idea. You can definitely save a PDF of an E-blast for printing. You can find instructions for how to do this here (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000961432-Saving-an-E-blast-as-a-PDF) - and don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success team if you need assistance with anything. You can reach them at support@networksforchange.org. Screen reader support enabled. Hi Melissa, thanks for your feedback! Posting an E-blast at vet offices and shelters sounds like a great idea. You can definitely save a PDF of an E-blast for printing. You can find instructions for how to do this here (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000961432-Saving-an-E-blast-as-a-PDF) - and don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success team if you need assistance with anything. You can reach them at support@networksforchange.org.

Replied August 2018

Angela

Reviewed January 2018

Great experience and meets many of our needs, but there's still room for improvement.

PROS

The contacts database is great - it's easy to use, searchable, updates donations automatically, allows the team to stay up to date on who is assigned to the individual and events involving the individual. We used DonorPro at my previous place of employment, and it was more expensive and more complicated to use than Keela. Keela offers great value for it's database. Would love to connect to people's linkedin profiles and have pics, etc. Customer support is excellent. I get answers to my questions quickly, and they are always happy to help.

CONS

Some functionality is still missing - when adding tags to new contacts, you need the option to check a bunch at once (almost everyone has more than one tag) as opposed to having to select each one individually. We haven't used the campaigns option much as we are familiar with and like the options of MailChimp. It's great that we can import data from MailChimp; however, we make all of our templates and mailings on MailChimp because it has so much more to offer in design and customization than Keela's campaigns, which we find to be very basic. There's also many features that I wish Keela had so that it could be a "one stop shop" for our needs. For example, a calendar that has deadlines and events on it for all to see that also connects with other parts of Keela so if there's an event on the calendar, this then becomes an automatic option for an "interaction" with those who attended; better syncing with Google Docs so that we can open and edit the docs in Keela versus having to download them or go to another webpage; ability to do/plan social media; and a Keela mobile app to access things on the go.

We're excited to let you know that our mobile app is coming soon! The best way to be notified of new feature is to subscribe to our blog for updates. Re: your other ideas for new features, we're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela. Please get in touch with us so we can hear more about what you have in mind: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Replied February 2018

Susanna

Reviewed August 2020

Great for tracking and managing our contacts for our non-profit

It is a great CRM for our needs. It has increased the ability to share contacts and all associated correspondence and information. As we move to track our donations and volunteer connections, I think it will be an effective tool to manage and track them. I have also been blown away by the awesome customer service when I have a question.

PROS

Keela is very easy to use. There is lots of support, training, and help available, both through a person, but also through online tutorial videos, etc. Makes storing donation (dollars and in-kind) and volunteer hour information easy. I love the smart list feature to tease out certain profiles and get some statistics. Being able to store correspondence information is great, especially for sharing the information with staff.

CONS

Keela is very tied to Google products, which is great for Google product users, but is lacking for other browsers and platforms (i.e. Mozilla Firefox). A method to do a bulk volunteer hour/donation input within Keela would be great. The spreadsheets for doing this are a bit confusing.

Hi Susanna, Thank you so much for your review. It is great to hear that Keela's support materials have been helpful for you in getting familiar with Keela. As for Volunteer Activity and Donation Imports, we have drastically improved our importing data process in Keela 2.0. Matching your spreadsheet columns to accepted fields in Keela is a lot more automated and straightforward. You also have a lot more options to customize how you want your data to be imported into Keela. We would recommend migrating over to Keela 2.0, this way you can explore our new import tool and several other enhancements. Reach out to support@keela.com if you are interested in migrating to our new system. We would be happy to introduce you to importing 2.0 style ;) Maggie Keela's Success Team

Replied August 2020