kintone

kintone Reviews

• icon"This software is very easy to use-even for those who aren't very tech savvy."
  • icon"It's a comprehensive database that helps me wrote reports to funders. It allows me to customize the data I collect and easily make changes as needed."
  • icon"Also, customer service has been amazing. I spent some time on a conference call with the reps and we were able to get through all my questions."
  • icon"When a use case requires someone to access an extremely limited amount of information, it's difficult to justify the cost of those additional licenses."
  • icon"Tiny inconveniences, stuff like the lack of a quick way to enter a DOB into a date field; stuck having to scroll by months."
  • icon"There is no calendar that can be used to show appointments, case dates, deadlines. Other than that, it does everything else."

Browse all kintone Reviews

• Have you used kintone and would like to share your experience with others?

Industry: Semiconductors

June 2022

Easy-to-use platform with great potential

Pros

It is a good alternative that incorporates simple to use and very efficient tools. It has the drag and drop tool that speeds up the creative process without code. It allows the development of an ideal database to track our customers and web forms. Creating simple and personalized applications is very simple and necessary to process time in the office.

Cons

The only thing I have noticed is that its user interface can be more visually pleasing.

Response from Kintone

Hi David, Thank you for your feedback. We're glad Kintone's easy-to-use database functionality is helping your business. Please reach out to us if you have any questions and our support team would be glad to help. Best, Kintone Team

Replied June 2022

Tara

Takes the Stress Out

I have accurate reports, solid information and feel confident in my presentations because of the ability to have reports at my fingertips.

Pros

I love that Kintone allows me to retrieve our data in an easy to understand way. I can pull reports, manipulate them and present the data easily.

Cons

I wish it were a bit more flexible in regards to searching for information.

n/a

Reasons for switching to kintone

I needed to be able to use my data without a lot of technical skills.

Response from Kintone

Hello Tara, Thank you for your wonderful review! We're glad to hear you are satisfied with Kintone, and find our product user-friendly. I've included a link below on how to search data in Kintone. Searching Data: https://get.kintone.help/k/en/user/search/search_details.html Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions. We're happy to help! Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

New I.T Analyst using Kintone for about 6 months now

I've built a lot of apps for the company I'm with including a Gas Mileage Tracker App where I wrote a script that connected to Google Maps App and gave us the distance in miles and how much that was in dollars. I enjoyed it for the simplicity and how easy it was to get started building an app. Also the fact that the scripts use Javascript instead of some made up language is also good since most developers have been introduced to either Javascript or Java by now.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and learn and set everything up. One of the advantages I think it has over most of the products in the same line, is how easy it is to set up process management and to assign roles to everyone on the team. For newer companies without anyone that's tech suave, I would definitely recommend Kintone!

Cons

Compared to other Services like Zoho Creator, there really is not much room for customization in the apps and the fact that you have to use another service to generate forms to input into the database is also bad because if you are not a user with Kintone, then the data cannot be accessed.

Reasons for choosing kintone

Company already had it when I came.

Response from Kintone

Hi James, Thank you for your feedback! With our open API's, the customization possibilities are endless to transform your apps. I'd be happy to connect you with a Sales Engineer to review any requirements you have in more detail. There are a couple of options to display your data to those not inside Kintone. You can purchase a Guest Account which allows users to access a specific Space in which they were invited to and view the data from there. There is also an add-on called kViewer that allows you to display information inside Kintone with those outside of Kintone via a URL. Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success

Arjun

July 2022

Recommended tool for all.

Pros

Really loved the task management and activity tracking features of the tool. Helps in reviewing the progress of my task. Great collaboration tools.

Cons

Should improve the integrations provided by the software.

Response from Kintone

Hi Arjun, Thanks for the positive feedback! We are glad Kintone is able to help your business with task management and activity. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions. Warm regards, Kintone Team

Replied July 2022

Bobbie Sue

April 2022

We love Kintone

We spent a lot of time developing, tying to get our apps all set before we dove in. We just started to use it and it is so much easier than our old systems. Thank you Kintone!

Pros

We were doing our case management remotely with Microsoft office products, which was time consuming and challenging when server issues prevented access. Kintone is great! It is easy to use, so customizable, has great features and they are constantly adding more plug ins and connections. We can connect to outside programs and we can move around fields and create apps for pretty much whatever we need. There is great support in setting up apps and learning the ways to develop Kintone to how you want it. We have requested some complicated connections and feature set ups to make our work easier and our Kintone support team has risen to the challenge. Better yet, the functonality is easy enough for a non-tech person to be able to learn how to build apps, add plug-ins and more. No more waiting for an outside tech person to add a field i need now. I can do it! Also, it was wonderful not to have our contacts pressuring us trying to UP-SELL and add on more costs and services. We are a small non-profit without a big budget for the case management system, and thankfully the Kintone team is trying to help us work with our needs while being sensitive to our cost restraints.

Cons

There are many different outside programs we use that we can connect (yay), but the cost of getting someone to code the connection is a difficult upfront cost to afford. Had to pick and choose what was most important.

Reasons for choosing kintone

Customizable to how we want it to look and work. Easier to manage on our own, can make apps that addressed more needs than other case management systems.

Reasons for switching to kintone

Our ability to work remotely and have all staff access and use these products was dependent upon the server in out office which if it went down, put us all out of capacity to work. Time to open and save documents took too long, etc.

Russell

Industry: Information Services

Great Value and Easy to Use

Great, customer support has been easy to use and the staff is very knowledgable about the product.

Pros

Kintone is easy to customize without coding knowledge and offers almost all of the functionality of products that are 5x as expensive.

Cons

Integrations with other programs need to be refined and the ability to reverse a step in the process management system would be really helpful.

functionality and price

Reasons for switching to kintone

Needed additional functionality and the ability to restrict access to certain information based on user login.

Response from Kintone

Hello Russel, Thank you for your great review. We're glad to hear you enjoy Kintone's flexibility and functionalities! As for the integrations, we have Kintone Developer Program; Help and support on plugins, integrations, technical assistance can be found here. Kintone Developer Program: https://developer.kintone.io/hc/en-us You can set up Process Management so the status can be reversed. I would be happy to connect you with your Customer Success rep to help set this up on your domain! Our team is always glad to help you if you need any further support. Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

Ben

Industry: Printing

Great product!

We have automated our quoting process, our freight shipping process, our purchasing process, and many other procedures with Kintone. If there's a problem, chances are, we can fix it with Kintone.

Pros

I love the custom nature of the software and the ability to customize every app with JavaScript. Offbeat Press is a custom screen printing company so everything we do is custom and we need a software that can keep up with all of our custom needs. Kintone does that.

Cons

If you don't have experience with JavaScript, it can become a little more expensive for various add-ons, but not much. And, at the end of the day, that's not a con against Kintone. It's a con against whoever is building the apps.

Reasons for choosing kintone

Their price point and ease of use were the perfect melding point for us.

Response from Kintone

Hello Ben, Thank you for your great review! Happy to hear that you enjoyed the flexibility of our product. As you may already know, we have Kintone Developer Program for help and support on plugins and integrations. Kintone Developer Program: https://developer.kintone.io/hc/en-us Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions. We're happy to help! Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

Replied June 2020

Kintone - bringing the team together

Pros

This software is most helpful in the way that everyone can stay connected while having clearly defined roles for each user. No one sees anything they are not supposed to see. As the administrator, I am able to see everything in one place which is tremendously valuable in how much time it saves.

Cons

It does take a lot of time to set up the software. It is very much an investment that will pay off, but you need to be ready to spend some time getting it to where you want it to be.

Reasons for choosing kintone

The non-profit pricing for Kintone is an unbeatable value. I looked into 11 different software systems and nothing came close to what Kintone offers.

Response from Kintone

Thanks so much for your feedback! Happy to hear you are making good use of our awesome permission settings! Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success

Replied June 2019

Mary Kaye

Kintone Platform Review

Great support.

Pros

Love the use of plug-ins and modular programming. As a former Sr. Sys. Analyst in the utility industry, I was impressed with the ease of use of the Kintone product and the ability to come up to speed to develop a useful program.

Cons

Did not find any negatives. Looking forward to the evolution of our software.

Reasons for choosing kintone

Pricing and ease of use of the product. App based tools that run on phones/tablets, which works well for our food bank distribution.

Response from Kintone

Hello Mary Kaye, Thank you for your great review. We're glad to hear you are satisfied with Kintone, and find our product user-friendly. Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions or assistance. Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

Replied December 2019

Sean

Kintone simplifies data management at the cost of some functionality

Kintone has drastically improved our non-profit organization's ability to collect and manage data. An NPO lives and dies on the accuracy of its data. With Kintone, we are better able to present the effectiveness of our services to potential donors and grantors, improving our ability to earn more and better grants, leading to better services for our clients.

Pros

It is incredibly simple and fast to get a new app built and launched. Some of the smaller ones go from idea to launch in a matter of minutes. These are programs that would have taken hours or days to develop in Microsoft Access.

Cons

There is some basic functionality that I expect in any database or data management software that Kintone lacks. For instance, the ability to have a drop-down menu that also allows for a user-typed input (what Access calls a combo-box). If this existed in Kintone, it would help me to simplify a great many apps.

Response from kintone

Hi Sean, So happy to hear Kintone has been a success for your NPO! As far as the product features, I'd be happy to submit your feedback to the team for review. In the meantime, there is always the option for customization within your domain. If you'd like, I'd be happy to get you in touch with one of our Sales Engineers to review. Just email support@kintone.com. Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success

Replied August 2018

Philipp

Great software which allows to quickly optimize analog processes. Fits small and large organization

Pros

Very easy to develop forms and workflows. User driven. Allows to deploy apps fast and supports quick changes based on user needs.

Cons

The mobile version needs improvement and is not as user-friendly as the desktop version. A better mobile version would greatly add to the overall value of the software.

Response from kintone

Thanks for the review! I will pass on your feedback about our mobile app. We are currently in Beta testing for Kintone Roam, a new version of our mobile app. This new app is intended for in-the-field Kintone users. If you'd like to check it out, please email support@kintone.com.

Replied May 2018

Mayur

July 2022

Recommended tool for admin

Pros

Precise progress tracking of my projects and great functionality of time tracking.

Cons

Poor customer support should be more faster.

Response from Kintone

Hi Mayur, We appreciate your feedback. We are glad Kintone is able to help your business with tracking features. Your comment regarding customer support will be duly noted and passed over to the team. Meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns Warm regards, Kintone Team

Replied August 2022

Barry

Excellent drag and drop database builder

I liked the software. It has helped us find an easy way to track certifications for our organization.

Pros

What I like most about this software it is super easy to build a database with drag and drop. Also, if you need something more advance there is a custom development team that is affordable

Cons

I think the look of the user interface needs to be updated. The visual design needs work as it doesn't look visually impressive compared to some tools.

Response from kintone

Hi Barry, thanks for the review! So glad you're loving our drag and drop feature. It sure does help to build your custom apps with ease. I will pass on your notes about the user interface to the team.

Replied May 2018

The People make the Product

Transitioned a complex database with many "many to many" relationships which don't seem to something the designers at Kintone make a priority but thanks to experts and determined support from the team, we've figured most things out. We have a lot of work to do yet and it can feel daunting but thanks to the support, it is doable.

Pros

The support. Figuring things out wasn't intuitive for me and without the support team, I'd likely not have seen the transition through. The team was unbelievably patient and kind and smart about ensuring we didn't get it fast...but correct. Support team truly was the best value and made all the difference in the world.

Cons

Challenging to use and learn. Lack of comprehensive tutorials. I would always search first for help but only found very basic guidance which made me feel terrible for always having to turn to support team to figure things out. The product is great if you are very tech savvy and have advanced skills... or if you have the team for support. But if we had to go this alone, we'd never have endured.

Response from Kintone

Hi there, Thank you for your review! Our support team truly appreciates all of your feedback, and we're always happy to help whenever you need it. Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need assistance! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success

Silvia Elena

LOve it

Really good

Pros

Love to used and the ability to customize existing apps

Cons

relationship between apps when you change this over and app it doesn't change it automatically we have to upadate :S

Prices & easy to customize

to expensive

Response from Kintone

Hello Silvia, Thank you for your great review! Happy to hear that you love our easy to use, customizable product. If you're currently using Lookup field, I might recommend using Related Records. Related Records will be updated automatically when the changes are made on the source app. Another way you can update your records in an app is to import from an Excel or CSV file. I've included a link below on how to update records in bulk. Help Center: https://bit.ly/3d4yCLD Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions. We're happy to help! Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

Kimberly

Kintone Makes Reports Easy

The data allows me to understand our target audience and see when the dynamics of our audience change over time. For example, we always assumed that 90 percent or more of our audience was low income. Now that we have more data entered into Kintone, I see that our audience is 80 percent low income. This reflects the shift in our local population, but it wasn't until we had more data in Kintone that I could see our assumption was wrong.

Pros

Cons

I wish there was an app that I could easily use on my phone in the field without having to use the desktop version.

Response from Kintone

Hi Kimberly, Thank you for your feedback! We've been making some major updates to our Kintone mobile app since the beginning of the year. This will allow you to work on your phone from anywhere. It is available in both Google Play and the IOS store. Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success

Karen

Highly recommend Kintone to improve your efficiency

Wonderful. Only criticism I have is that I wish, as a Partner, I had more access to some actual apps. I do not find the already completed templates that helpful. It is much more helpful to see it actually in use for different companies. I completely understand customers right to their own developed software, but as a Partner who has signed an agreement with you, I would think that my company could have access to look at different 'in use' apps with the understanding that they would not be shared with customers. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is helping us to get access to apps one by one, but it has been a slow process that has delayed our sales effort.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use. Helpful employees. With a bit of help from Kintone, able to do everything I have needed from a somewhat complex lengthy first project.

Cons

No. It could work a bit on its appearance (ability to easily change colors on background, font, etc.) but for its functionality, ease of use and ability, it's top notch.

Our customer's request.

Response from Kintone

Hello Karen, Thank you for your positive feedback! Happy to hear kintone helped you improve your efficiency. We encourage feedback and product requests and I'd be happy to relay yours to the team. Our team is always glad to help you if you need any further support. Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

Remus

Data made easy - no experience necessary !

Excellent ! While the self serve help center has its limitation , my overall experience is positive because when I reached out to someone in the Kintone team , I always got the answers that I was looking for.

Pros

I like the fact that I was able to figure it out by myself , without the need to run to IT , as we all know that once IT is involved you usually get something that work for them and not for the end user.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike , although I would want to see a more in depth self serve help center . In the current form when you search for solutions on how to solve a problem ( problem in terms of figuring out how to build exactly what you need, not system being down or the like) you might get lucky and find something that will help you. In my view , it would help if customer generated "help solutions" would be made available.

Response from kintone

Hi Remus, Thank you very much for your review! We're always looking for new suggestions for our help center and support, so we appreciate your feedback and are happy to help any time! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success

Replied January 2019

Made it easy for a caveman

I am not a developer. I know how to spell HTML. The Kintone team took a concept I had and created a comprehensive client evaluation audit and scoring system that included multiple client support apps, like action planning. From day one until we were able to start testing initial versions was fast, fast, fast. The development time was a matter of months from start to roll out. The people we worked with were wonderful, honest and smart. The only challenge was that since I am not a "techie" - there were times their communications were a bit over my head. But they eventually learned how to communicate better with a novice like me. I was very, very pleased with Kintone and the platform they built and manage for us.

Pros

The system is quite robust, has multiple applications (audit, reporting, support materials, action planning), and easy to use.

Cons

Multiple clients cannot be working on their audit at the same time.

Response from Kintone

Hello, Thank you for your review and our team is very grateful for your feedback! As you mentioned, Kintone is a very robust system that can be designed however you want it to be, and we're happy that we were able to help turn your concept into a system that works for you! Let us know anytime if there's anything else we can help you with! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success

Replied March 2019

Kintone review for security services

We needed a solution to house all of our client communication, customer contracts and unique services, equipment, billing information, CRM, document library, post inspections, and more. We are able to do all that and more and customize it exactly as we want it.

Pros

The software is customizable to any need. The apps are able to be tied together through related records which is vital to our business. There are many standard apps that can be downloaded for free and edited and/or used as a model instead of building an app from scratch. Customer service for Kintone if very responsive and able to send an app template to assist when a premade app is unavailable. The template can then be installed and customized to suit the unique needs of the user. History is tracked in each app to show the changes made over time. This is an extremely useful feature. The entire interface is user-friendly and easy to learn.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize the portal and change the layout (such as move the location of the spaces and announcements). While there is a lot of information in the help section, it could be formatted in a more user-friendly format. I would like to be able to change the order in which the apps are listed in the apps section.

Response from Kintone

Thank you for your positive feedback! Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success

Replied June 2019

Etsuko

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Great support, value and versatility

Kintone reduced our paperwork and provided a platform to share information across our organization. Very happy that we are on it now. Great value.

Pros

Versatility and the great support we get. Our Kintone reps are so helpful and flexible and go beyond our expectations to make sure that we have solutions to our problems.

Cons

Though our reps provided more than enough help for us to kickstart our learning curve, it may have been useful if there were standard templates for popular usages so that beginners do not need to start from scratch. Various templates may also give us ideas on how others are using Kintone.

Functions and price.

Response from Kintone

Hello Etsuko, Thank you for your wonderful review! Happy to hear you were able to reduce your paperwork and manage information effectively within your organization. We have Kintone Marketplace which provides app templates that can be used for different purposes. Creating an App from the Marketplace: https://get.kintone.help/k/en/user/create_app/add_app_store.html Another great resource is our Customer Stories (https://www.kintone.com/customer-stories/). There you can see how kintone is being used in various departments across various industries. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions! Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

Karlee

Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution

Happy with Kintone!

Kintone allows us to be as detailed and specific in capturing information as we desire to be while remaining clean & simple to use. We feel confident that we will be a more successful organization because of Kintone.

Pros

This software is completely customizable. It is easy to use & makes us feel empowered in the success of our organization.

Cons

It takes some additional steps to get all of reporting done than the site we used previously. However, the detailed information we are capturing, the customization of that information, especially the transparency of knowing exactly how that information is being captured & translated, outweighs the additional time reporting takes.

Response from Kintone

Hi Karlee, Thank you for your review! Really happy to hear about all the great things you and your organization have been able to accomplish with Kintone. We're glad that our platform has been able to help you grow! Please feel free to reach out if you ever need help with anything! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success

Darryl

Industry: Facilities Services

Kintone Ease of Use

Management of rotations of equipment to be sent for kitting program

Pros

I'm a manager and I'm not in the system daily. The ease of use for me to access and have a dash board with all of my info. The dashboard lets me review the required data without having to reapply my search parameters. Also, finding new info or updating my dashboard is simple.

Cons

Nothing found as of yet. If something occurs I will reach out to Kintone

Reasons for choosing kintone

Software was recommended. Once applied it provided the amount of data management required.

Reasons for switching to kintone

Simpler with dashboard and live updates

Response from Kintone

Hi Darryl, Thank you for your feedback! The Announcement section of portal home makes it easy to keep up to date on all your information. Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions. Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success

Nobuko

Very Simple and User Friendly

It's very simple and easy to understand for any users as well as Admin.

Pros

Easy to customize as Admin for any needs of what the company needs for end-user to use.

Cons

None at this moment but if I can say anything, we prefer to have tabs on Portal Home page to divide pages.

Reasons for choosing kintone

What I've heard from Accounting, Kintone data can be easily download data and apply to our Accounting system.

Response from Kintone

Hello Nobuko, Thank you for your great review! Happy to hear that you find our product easy to use, and enjoy its flexibility. We also offer customization for specific needs that may come up on the way. If you ever have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact us! Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

Betsey

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Great process management software

We picked this software in order to fix a paper based process that had gone wrong After we made the first application we've made 30 more for different processes in our company. I can't say enough good things about the software and how it has helped our company.

Pros

User friendly GUI Easy learning curve for programming Notifications Process management Great support Adaptability

Cons

There is nothing that we dislike currently

Response from kintone

Hi Betsey, Thank you for your feedback! We're very happy to hear about all the apps you've developed and how Kintone has worked for you! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success

Replied January 2019