What are Manifestly users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Manifestly software through verified user reviews

4.7

• icon"We have been running many internal training programs with manifestly. It gives beautiful progress and clean template compared to tracking in a document or sheet."
  • icon"I like it has a way of maintaining all tasks no matter how small in a simple checklist. I love the logical conditioning and I love the email alerting."
  • icon"It forces us to make sure we're keeping our eyes on the ball -- by monitoring nightly backups, confirming key systems are up, and assuring the Help Desk is ready to start the day."
  • icon"I think the only issue i had was integration to slack. Manifestly on slack does not work well at all and is buggy in my experience."
  • icon"Also I don't like the fact that there is no search functionality where you type in part of the name and scroll to the result."
  • icon"I also think there should be undo buttons need to each checkbox. There were times when I checked something off by accident and have had to turn on show completed to uncheck."

Browse all Manifestly Reviews

• Have you used Manifestly and would like to share your experience with others?

Richard

Make Checklists your superpower!

We implemented Manifestly after looking around for a checklist app that worked for teams. Manifestly was quick to install and get working with. It comes with a whole host of useful pre-created templates (known as workflows in Manifestly terminology) for checklists across a wide variety of industries. We're using Manifestly to manage the creation, production and promotion of content across our IT-related business, along with handling many other administration and repetitive tasks. The team at Manifestly have been incredibly responsive to our requests for help, and listened to our feedback. It's a pleasure working with the Manifestly team!

Pros

Ease of getting up and started building checklists. Very strong, responsive support. Continuously adding new features. Listens to feedback and actively improves the product. Easy to administer for a team.

Cons

I'd like to be able to update workflows (checklist templates) from the mobile app -- at present, this can only be done from the desktop.

Manifestly seemed more suited for teams using checklists

Manifestly seemed more suited for teams using checklists

Alejandro

One of the "must have" tools for every company

We use checklists for pretty much every process that we follow in the company in order to provide a consistent experience to both our internal and external customers. Anything from new employee on boarding, new customer on boarding, activating new products, cancelling products, etc has a corresponding checklist so that we can consistently deliver the same results.

Pros

This software has helped us to effectively use and implement checklists for a myriad of processes. The software was built around the concepts from the book "The Checklist Manifesto" and covers everything that you would ever need to create, execute and follow up on checklists. In addition to this, the product keeps getting better as they onboard more customers, get more feedback and deliver more value to their users.

Cons

Like any software there's a learning curve that must be mastered in order to properly use the software and get the most value out of it. Their support has been great.

Reasons for choosing Manifestly

We're big believers in finding the "right tool for each need", and in my opinion there's no other product out there as good as Manifestly that provides all the processes and tools to effectively use checklists.

Reasons for switching to Manifestly

We also use Basecamp extensively, but the to do's in Basecamp are more geared towards a project and not towards a process. Manifestly makes it super simply to execute dozens of checklists simultaneously while the built in dashboards allow users to quickly view their current, past due and upcoming tasks.

JJay

Missing a lot of features

It was good at first, but I found it was lacking a lot of features, so it almost seemed like it was more of an annoyance for my team than them seeing the big benefit.

Pros

Manifest.ly is a very good starter product. It has a simple workflow and very basic features. It helps you understand how to use the conditional logic and it has a pretty good UI. The cost is very in expensive.

Cons

The product is too basic and very elementary. It seems to have a lot of missing features that would be very beneficial such a "Date" for data entry rather than "Short Answer" In addition, if it had the option of putting in a date I would be able to have certain tasks due based on that date. The software is cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Daniele

February 2022

Excellent tool for checklists and processes

Pros

It's easy to use and very reliable. It has all the features we need (and more) for a fair price. The integration with Slack is superb, you can check and update your checklists directly from Slack.

Cons

The UX can be improved, to make it more modern and smooth.

Reasons for choosing Manifestly

Because of the integration with Slack and the best price/quality.

Reasons for switching to Manifestly

Process Street kept adding limitations on our account, to push us on a higher plan. But the higher plans are out of our budget for a checklist tool, so we went looking for an alternative and very happy that we found Manifestly.

Stephanie

A solid Checklist Software to Help Keep Projects Organized with Your Team

My overall experience with Manifestly has been positive. It really helps our team organize all of our internal processes and checklists in one place. It helps keep us accountable, organized, and on-track. I would like to see more reporting.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of use. It's very easy to set up checklists for all project types at the agency I work at. We use them internally for setting up projects, reviewing them for quality assurance, and ensuring projects go live. I like the fact that you can have multiple contributors on a checklist and the commenting feature. I also like the email notification feature to help queue you up that an item or checklist has been completed. I like being able to view archived checklists or any checklist based on it's status.

Cons

What I like least about this software is how it looks visually. I wish there were more contrasting colours or a different design to clearly identify segments and items that are complete vs not complete. It would also be great to visually see more clearly the items that aren't started, started but not completed, and completed. I would also love the functionality to upload files to the checklist other than images.

Reasons for choosing Manifestly

Ease of use, cost, ability to collaborate with other users and the email notifications functionality

Reasons for switching to Manifestly

To house all checklists in one place and for the automated features like email notifications.

Esteban

Industry: Investment Management

Straight forward and easy to implement system to replace to automate checklists and dashboard

We found Manifestly was simple to understand and easy to implement, in particular as all of our employees started teleworking due to COVID, we were happy that we had replaced our previous paper checklists and dashboard by Manifestly. Staff were available and answered within 24hs, and fixes we requested were done in a matter of days.

Pros

Easy implementation, simple to understand, proactive help from the Manifestly team to fix issues and with enhancements requested.

Cons

Our challenge is to improve the level of details of the checklists, while still keeping it visually in one screen /page.

Reasons for choosing Manifestly

We did not have much time, so we did a quick test, we found it good and given all implementation work was done quickly in test it was easy to switch and the price reasonable so we did not think it was necessary to evaluate other options.

Reasons for switching to Manifestly

We wanted to replace paper checklists to avoid using paper, and keeping archive of paper documents in storage, and to facilitate teleworking.

Tsahi

Manifestly helps me keep on top of all the recurring tasks in my business

They work really well. I create checklists for anything that I might do more than once. This way, I never forget steps along the way. In the end, it makes me and my business look more professional in front of my clients

Pros

Manifestly is easy to use. It focuses me on the things that needs to be done in a recurring manner, be it a new course student that needs to be onboarded, a new report purchase or end of month activities.

Cons

The ability to create one off tasks and to do items is missing for me.

Reasons for choosing Manifestly

Pricing made sense at the time for a single user. The interface worked well

Excellent Task Tracker

Pros

We use this for all teams to track weekly, monthly & annual tasks. Great customization of task lists and assigning team members. Flexibility to choose every 2 weeks or 3 months, lots of recurring tasks we can track for years. Helpful to track completed audits, and in several departments.

Cons

App doesn't accomodate all the attachments but overall great.

Reasons for choosing Manifestly

Cost and ease of implementation for recurring tasks for my team.

Courtney

Easy, simple, and helps to keep track of things without difficulty!

Our processes have been streamlined using the software and have saved us time!

Pros

It is easily customizable all while being able to make stress-free changes. Manifestly allows you to make comments, add uploads, and add custom choices that you can tailor to your needs.

Cons

At times there are issues with loading checklists which could be caused from a variety of things. It would be nice to be able to organize checklists in groups (sorted by which checklists are most completed, who is working on them, etc.).

Reasons for choosing Manifestly

Easy to use, easy to set up what you needs, easy to add users, cost effective.

Kevin

Been Looking For Something Like this For a Long Time

It gets the job done and has the exact functionality I need.

Pros

I didn't need project management, I just needed a way to know that the daily/weekly/monthly tasks that are required for our business to run smoothly were being done.

Cons

It's not pretty to look at, and the Slack integration was just ok.

Reasons for choosing Manifestly

The other products I looked at were project management, and weren't ideal for repeating tasks.

Just what the doctor ordered

I don't know when this system came into existence, but if it has been around for years, I wish I would have known about it. For an IT department, processes and consistency of action are an important facet of the operation. Regulators and auditors expect us to have controls and routines in place for many key activities. Manifestly not only helps us do our job better, but it naturally allows us to prove it to anyone. Just a few clicks and you can export a report/summary of a completed checklist, showing who did what -- and when. It is an awesome system to weave into our IT business.

Pros

There is a simplicity to the Manifestly system that really helped me implement standard processes into our IT team. I love how you can have workflows that are ad-hoc or scheduled to repeat. The ad-hoc variety was perfect for our user "onboarding" and "offboarding" processes that have a lot of details to follow. Previously, our PCs were setup for new users "by memory" and things were often missed and people forgot their assignments. But now, once we get notice of a new hire, we fire up a Checklist, assign out tasks across the team, and go to work. We achieve consistency of process, while offering transparency to where we're at and what's next. The scheduling feature is ideal for our "Daily Morning IT Tasks" that are important to not forget. It forces us to make sure we're keeping our eyes on the ball -- by monitoring nightly backups, confirming key systems are up, and assuring the Help Desk is ready to start the day. On top of the wonderfully clean and easy to use browser interface, the mobile app is perfect when we're on-the-go and still need to reference our assignments and work-in-progress.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't anything I think of that gets in our way. Quite the opposite in fact. At one point, I was wishing there was a way to assign tasks in bulk rather than one-at-a-time. After submitting a request for that type of feature, I received a polite response that informed me that it was already included in the system. I just did not notice how to do it. With the instructions and knowledge in-hand, now I can quickly run down a new Checklist and assign multiple tasks to myself or others on my team with ease.

Reasons for choosing Manifestly

When looking for other products like Manifestly, there were a few others that I recall finding. But none were as simple to sign-up for (and try easily before buying) and hit the nail on the head for what we needed. Manifestly is the "golden nugget" in the creek that we needed to find -- and did. The cost is more than reasonable for a small team. And the system just works elegantly. Once you get your feet wet with a couple initial workflows, the ideas for others just start springing up right-and-left.

Anthony

Farfetch

Really positive. Support has been great and receptive. I've spoken with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] several times and he's always been responsive. The product is really strong and I'm really happy with it. I didn't even pause when the renewal came up - immediately renewed it.

Pros

I like the basic functionality of it the most being able to reuse checklists over and over again is exactly what I had been looking for. The way manifestly is designed is exactly how I needed it to work.

Cons

A pain point is creating multiple checklists using the same workflow. It would be nice to be able to mass create new checklists from a spreadsheet i.e. uploading a list of new hires to create their individual lists. We use the product primarily to track on-boarding of new employees, something that happens in batches of 2-10 people. It would be really nice to have a better global view of all the outstanding tasks. Being able yo create new task lists from existing workflows through email or slack interface would be a welcome improvement. The multiple view of checklists is confusing and messy at times if there are too many lists open. The skip feature - having it be in a menu is bothersome. Could skips be moved up in the interface?

Julia

Industry: Broadcast Media

The Good, the Bad, and the Manifestly

Pros

I liked the ability to customize lists and assign them out. It also helped remind my team of tasks and encouraged more checks to our processes that helped catch issues.

Cons

I felt that that it had limitations to the customization. We have split shifts so AM and a PM group, it required everyone regardless of shift time to be on all checklists. I wish I could just assign my PM group to the PM checklists. Not everybody needs to be on all checklists and receive emails but they should be able to see them if they want. I also think there should be undo buttons need to each checkbox. There were times when I checked something off by accident and have had to turn on show completed to uncheck.

Love manifestly

Pros

Easy to use and forces my team to complete checklists and tasks without me having to stand over and constantly reminding them to do so. My team does whatever tasks I assign to a checklist and forces accountability. I also really like how responsive [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team are to questions and help that I have needed over the last few years.

Cons

I really can’t think of anything other than maybe the ability to move some individual tasks via an iPad rather than a desktop but I’ve adapted and it’s really no issue.

Reasons for switching to Manifestly

Manifestly fulfilled wa I was looking for which was a way to have checklists be assigned at specific times and I can see the % of completion at any time.

Tyler

Industry: Research

Manifest.ly makes toil bearable

Pros

Manifest.ly makes it very easy to configure our manual processes necessary to keep our product running as painless as possible. We very regularly make updates, add helpful links, and rely on it to keep the gears turning. We use it mostly for release checklists and scheduled manual jobs

Cons

I haven't had any issues with the product that would make me look for an alternative. All very straight forward. The UX could probably be a little easier, like updating is kind've confusing, but other than that great.

Kim

Manifestly Makes Forgetting Obsolete

In property management there are a lot of processes that have to be followed to the letter and be in line w fair housing laws, have a strict timeline, etc. and Manifestly helps to make sure we don't forget any of the process or the timeline.

Pros

I like that we can make a list for just about everything we need and customize it to get the best results. If something needs to be changed midway, it allows us to make those changes.

Cons

When showing a schedule item, it doesn't always show the year it is due. Is it scheduled for next year or two or three years out?

Kimberly

Checklist that work!

I like it. Easy to manage and I get lost when I do not have my manifestly

Pros

The best thing about this software is that it keeps our team on track with no other communication needed. The list opens and allows all to complete their steps in completing the requested process being a move out to make-ready-marketing to lease-and insuring outside real estate parties get paid upon successful task completion. I love it!

Cons

There is nothing not to like. Its easy to use in slack. I guess the only thing I like least is though I complete my portion of the list it remains visible until the others finish or update their task.

Stephen

Gets the job done!

So far so good. It is helping to track a lot of our real estate closings and keep everything organized.

Pros

This software does what it sets out to do. Manage business tasks and procedures through checklist. it is easy to setup and works very well. We implemented it to keep track of tasks and ensure that everything gets completed in a process. Also the support is great, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] listens to issues and they correct problems right away plus in general they are very helpful when you cannot figure out how to apply some functionality. Overall we are very satisfied with the program.

Cons

The part i like least with the application is its slack integration. the visual aspect is not very user friendly, but this could be a slack issue. We mainly us the web form and that is more than adequate. Also licensing is a bit expensive. At our current price it would be nice to add more users.

Reasons for choosing Manifestly

the web version was simple enough and integrated with slack for company communication

Reasons for switching to Manifestly

Wanted to stop paper and have a single source that could be checked by anyone as a few users are remote.

Andrea

Easy and effective

I'm pleased with the product and appreciate how well it works, doesn't complicate my work at all, on the contrary it's one of the most relaxing parts.

Pros

I like checklist templates, the ability of assigning tasks to people, and the ability to quickly skip steps. It makes the whole checklist very clear and straightforward. Everything is very easy to manage and to read.

Cons

There's no ML/customization. For example, when I am selecting a number of people to include in a checklist, I'll be likely to select always the same pool of people therefore it would be handy if the "most frequently chosen" ones were listed on top, or if there was some sort of customization to ease the work. Also I don't like the fact that there is no search functionality where you type in part of the name and scroll to the result.

Chad

Fantastic way to organize

I absolutely love it and suits our workflow very well. It is a great compliment to our documentation procedures.

Pros

The fact that the checklists are flexible with the ability to skip steps that might not apply in some cases but also to leave a comment on that step about why it was skipped is very useful for documentation purposes. I also love that you can share or assign another to a single step in the list. This has been useful on a checklist where an item required higher authority to complete so it was nice to be able to share just that task with someone qualified to handle it. Being able to collaborate on lists with different users is also extremely helpful. I also find the search and filters feature to be very useful and work well.

Cons

I often publish and export a completed list to PDF to store elsewhere. It exports it to a temp PDF file viewable in a chrome or browser tab and then I have to download it. All of this is fine except it defaults the name of the file to random letters and characters as opposed to the checklist name I chose when beginning the project.

Yesenia

Makes everyday HR tasks a breeze!

Pros

It helps my team stay organized and have the ability to track our progress. I like that once a checklist is completed, everyone in that checklist is notified.

Cons

When creating checklists there are times that the editing tools freeze. I have to click a couple of times for it to start working again. Also it would be nice to have highlighter options or change the color of the fronts.

Alex

Manifestly Review

Overall reasonable. Could be smoother/quicker to navigate between checklists and an updated search functionality would be nice.

Pros

Instant online updates. Customisability.

Cons

More info provided for each checklist. EG. Years on date created. Need an easier way to skip points. Right-click or Shift-click? The organisation of currently running checklists needs improvement. Possibly a UI update would make the difference.

Jack

Revolutionized My Life

I've struggled with things falling through the cracks at my organization. Manifestly has been the perfect tool to prevent this from happening and allow me to rest assured things are being taken care of—and if they aren't, I'll know about it.

Pros

That you can easily generate multiple versions of the same checklist with tasks already assigned. I also appreciate all the flexibility that's built in.

Cons

I found it somewhat confusing at first, as did many on my staff. There's a learning curve, but it was more than worth it.

Kim

Did the thinking for me

Manifeslty has helped us ensure we run events smoothly and efficiently.

Pros

Creating checklists for events we consistently have. Reminders of due dates/overdue tasks. Assign tasks to your team. Keep track of what has been completed. Add links and documents to each task.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I did not like.

Elaine

Industry: Food Production

Manifestly Review

Pros

Manifestly is super easy to use. Integration with our existing business processes was easy. Most impactful feature is direct messaging for me.

Cons

There is nothing I like the least, but there are other features I like more. Everything is great.

Manifestly