Mavenlink Reviews

4.22 / 5 (415) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 2 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Easy utilization and billing management. A nice user interface. GREAT custom reporting with the insights module!"

• "It is very easy to use and manage. It is clean and user friendly. It also captures all items needed for my organization. "

• "I love the facebook-esque interface. This is very easy to introduce to clients, as the set up is something with which they are already familiar. "

• Cons

• "When projects have a lot of tasks associated with them it can slow down quite a bit and be a bit frustrating to drag tasks around. "

• "- Invoicing - Reporting - Happy to have approvals, but they could be more flexible. - Granularity of permissions"

• "Gantt Schedule (hard to display), Reporting (albeit powerful, application for creating reports is not user-friendly in the slightest)"

Browse Mavenlink Reviews

Rachel from Proclaim Interactive

A Project Manager's Dream Software

Overall, I've been very happy with Mavenlink. While it might not be the least expensive software out there, it's very robust so you definitely get a great bang with your buck. Their customer service is top notch - I always get a quick response when I reach out whether through support or through my CSR. Mavenlink made me more efficient at my job. Before Mavenlink, I was having to reconcile budgets to know project health by using 3 or 4 different systems (one for time tracking, one for task management, one for schedules/resource allocation, and another for the project information). Mavenlink has saved me so much time, and it's easy for me to look back at projects and learn from them for future projects.

Pros

Mavenlink gives me a real-time view of project burn rates, utilization (billable vs. non-billable), and makes the life of a project manager so much easier. Being able to quickly look over all projects to check the burn rates (if it's green then it's good; if it's red then it's bad) saves me so much time.

Cons

Like any software there is some give and take. The only thing I would like added is the ability to make overall project budgets and resource allocations repeat each month like my tasks do. However, the entire task repeater part that we use was an integration that we negotiated to have built for us when we originally contracted with Mavenlink.

Reasons for Choosing Mavenlink

Mavenlink offered more robust features that required less integrations. We only had to have Mavenlink do one integration for us, and it replaced multiple other software/products.

Reasons for Switching to Mavenlink

None of the systems/products that I used before talked to each other. I was spending hours of my time trying to reconcile budgets to know burn rates and project profitability, etc. Mavenlink solved that issue and gave me back some time.

Mike from BluprintX

Awesome platform that's only getting better

Overall, using Mavenlink has been great - it has made a very positive impact on day-to-day functions as a business. I would recommend it highly to agencies for its flexibility and extensive functionality to manage resources and projects.

Pros

The reporting functionality Mavenlink offers is extensive and has enabled us to get much better visibility to our project, program, portfolio and resourcing data. Which in turn has allowed us to set/adjust our KPI/KRIs and better inform business decisions with the data we have available. In using Mavenlink how it's meant to be used, not only have we improved our business practices but our PMO has gained valuable insight into important aspects of the business that were previously siloed. The fact that Mavenlink actually continues to improve its platform based on user feedback is a massive plus, as new functionality becomes available to better utilize the platform.

Cons

There are some small (very small in most cases) problems we have with some functionality i.e. the naming/categorization of metrics in the reporting suite could be clearer, when approving/rejecting timesheets, adding a comment to a specific entry would be preferable, rather than the comment being published to all entries.

Reasons for Choosing Mavenlink

Fitted to our budget and offered functionality we saw as essential to resource management.

Reasons for Switching to Mavenlink

Budgetary reasons mainly but we also needed a platform that would allow us to manage resources more efficiently as well.

Alex from new breed marketing

Mavenlink is feature rich and user friendly

Mavenlink has been a feature-rich tool that has been adaptable to our unique model.

Pros

Mavenlink has a lot of custom features and functionality which was an important factor in that we needed to find a tool that met our many custom processes and workflows.

Cons

Mavenlink does not allow customers to see budget in hours or dollars, so clients can't see any sort of project burndown. New features and functionality are slow to be released, but for a platform its size, ML does a decent job of staying on top of squashing bugs.

Brendan from Optimus SBR

Good system but some frustrating issues

Useful overall, but the more time I spend with it the more I realize it is missing some key functionality that would save a lot of time. It's much more difficult to update a project in Mavenlink than past systems I've used, and I think there are some beneficial tweaks that could be made

Pros

From an ease of use standpoint, time entry and project creation is fairly straightforward. It's also nice to have access to so many reporting features, although I imagine that's even more valued by the leadership team rather than staff.

Cons

Three major issues stand out to me and my colleagues: 1- the software is very slow at times, and the more time I spend making edits to a project the longer it takes. In some cases, the lag is so bad that a task that should take 10 minutes ends up taking 30 since I wait so long for the system respond. The more tasks and individuals assigned to a project, the worse it is. Customer service suggested I delete my cache, but this was a temporary and fairly ineffective solution 2- It'd be great to have a simple place where I can see exactly how many hours a team member has on a project. Right now, we can only see time assigned to individual tasks, and then need to calculate the total manually 3- When tasks get extended or shortened, it'd be great to have a way to have Mavenlink automatically distribute time accordingly. For example, if I have 1 hour assigned for a 1-week long task, it'd be nice if I could automatically change this to 30min/week if that task were extended to being 2 weeks long. I know time can move automatically if the gantt is updated, but that only works if the task stays the same duration and hasn't started yet. Other systems offer this feature

Management decision

Outstanding solution for our entire workforce

The overall experience from the get go was very positive, as we started the onboarding process and conducted internal training where I was able to get a lot of great feedback from my coworkers about how they find the ease of use and how they like the online product training catalog that is available.

Pros

I am able to view tasks for current projects, track upcoming projects, add notes and tag team members easily in a very organized way that allows me to save time and resources on a regular basis. My coworkers who I interface with closely have had a similar positive experience and I cannot recommend it enough.

Cons

The ability to customize what is viewable and editable in the main menu ( such as projects, tasks, insights) based on user permissions would make it easier tailor the overall product experience to our teams needs.

Reasons for Choosing Mavenlink

Mavenlink stood out based on how robust and intuitive it is and how its able to track project activities seamlessly without having to switch between different menus, product views and dashboards within the solution.

Andy from NxTurn

Getting better

Nice tool with powerful reporting that needs significant improvement on usability.

Pros

Robust reporting, integration to NetSuite, hierarchical team management, Activity feed

Cons

Ease of use needs significant improvement. Needs user configurable workflows and fields. User roles and security have no flexibility. Interface and reporting designed by someone who never has to use the application to run their day.

Reasons for Choosing Mavenlink

Integration to NetSuite. Easy to use time entry. budget and profitability reporting.

Integration to NetSuite

Val from Lewis Communications

One Source of Information

Mavenlink has been great to work with from conversion to ongoing support.

Pros

Mavenlink enables us to know the workload of our teams and Ike projects on schedule and within budget.

Cons

I wish the reporting was easier so that more users could work in it.

Reasons for Choosing Mavenlink

Evaluated systems against goals developed by product review team.

Needed more functionality

OK for the basics, advanced functionality is either missing or not well implemented

Implementation was not very well executed. We basically had to figure it out on our own. THe "integrations" through thier integration tool are very poorly built and the tool is terrible. It gets the basics right but more advanced features like the Insights reporting add on are poorly executed.

Pros

Ease of use, Reporting, Project Financials

Cons

M Bridge integration platform is a complete failure. Its terrible. Training during implementation was not good. We've learned more on our own in a few classes. Time entry is weak and poorly designed. Lacks subprojects. User permissions are all or nothing in most cases.

Reasons for Choosing Mavenlink

Simple workflows, reporting and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Mavenlink

Workfront was too dificult to use, our clients could not or would not engage with us using it. THe functionality was there, but the interface was very poor.

Zach from Transmit Security

Kind of a pain, but the software works

Pros

In terms of enterprise software, this is actually speedy. Like, I've used time tracking software that requires a page refresh every single time you make an entry. I don't have to wait a couple seconds after each edit in my time sheet. "Not clunky" is a low bar for enterprise software, yet so many SaaS products don't meet it. Mavenlink does.

Cons

Needs a desktop app. Also the way to put in time off is a MASSIVE discoverability issue. It should be right on the sidebar, or at least in the time and expense tab, not 4 clicks deep from a button without a useful label on the dashboard. Oh, and this is most likely low priority, but dark mode would be nice.

Reasons for Switching to Mavenlink

Management forced us to move from Google Sheets, reporting only our billable hours, to Mavenlink, reporting all of our hours.

Alain from Explorance

Big Upgrade compared to our previous PM software

Overall I am very happy with the product, big upgrade compared to our previous PM software. (PM.com)

Pros

It meets all our department's needs, I love the activity feed and the overall view of all our projects. Also great reporting tool!

Cons

The gantt chart, I wish the reporting would be more user friendly.

Reasons for Choosing Mavenlink

Mavenlink met all of our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Mavenlink

Pm.com did not have any reporting features. Therefore the data was useless. Also it didnt have a portfolio view of all our projects.

Stefano from Emarsys UK Ltd.

The Ultimate Services & Operations Management Software

The only way to describe this would be "It has been and still is fun to work with". It's a great piece of software, and once you get used to its logic you will be able to do great things - and by great things I mean measure exactly how much you sell your services for and how much resources you are actually using. This, plus see employee performance, project performance, you can create custom fields to cover for any special requirement.

Pros

- Integrations and API - An excellent Salesforce bridge is available and can be fully customised (if you know Java!). You also get other connectors for Jira, Slack, and an API that allows you to do virtually anything. - Integrated GoodData reporting - If you are technical enough you can improve your workflows by adding custom fields and creating custom metrics. I used this solution to monitor the performances of the entire Professional Services team at Emarsys. - The software itself is essentially like Microsoft Project but online and with conversations & invoices generation - you can manage anything from a very small and basic project to a massive 2 years project thanks to the versatile task management interface. GANTT charts are available and, of course, if you know how to use GoodData you can dig even further into the project reports. - Resourcing wise it has a Master Planning tool which looks a bit like Resource Guru but completely integrated with the software, so you are really buying the full package with Mavenlink.

Cons

I believe the biggest flaw in Mavenlink is the absence of a "real" administrator. Essentially, you can be an admin but if a project is set to "Invitation only" you cannot join it unless someone invites you. So being a Mavenlink admin is not like being a Jira admin where you can do anything you want, you are more of a "open projects administrator". The workaround is to have an integration user creating the projects and a good integration with your CRM that allows you to update fields that would be otherwise not accessible. Mind that you can still remove the integration user from the project, and at that point the only way to re-enter the project is to ask the project lead to invite you. This should clear any security concerns, if your projects require extreme privacy.

Thomas from Myers Media Group

So, yeah, you could call me an evangelist

We implemented Mavenlink specifically to disabuse our organization of several disparate systems we were using for tracking time, task-level project management, and reporting on specific measurements/metrics like utilization, margin and capacity saturation so that we could improve operational efficiencies. We've found that the tool is very flexible, has some great native reporting capabilities that become exceptional when coupled with the Business Insights add-on, it integrates well to SalesForce, it has given us a much better ability to manage projects for clients as well as internal product development projects, and it provides us with much better capabilities toward planning organizational growth and managing to margin at the business unit level down to the project level. While there are still some glitches/issues with the Gantt views, and there are still things we wish it did better, Mavenlink has proven itself to be an exceptionally valuable (and very cost-effective) management tool; the company is consistently providing updates that are meaningful and adding value with subsequent releases that clearly indicate a willingness to listen to the voice of the customer in new feature requests. Overall, I'm personally very impressed with the software, given my team's requirements and unique operational environment.

Pros

Flexible, provides the ability to set up multiple templates for different types of projects, supports T&M and Fixed Fee contract types, integrates to SalesForce, provides multiple views toward project status, continually adding new features and capabilities

Cons

Gantt charts are still in need of a lot of work and help. Still buggy, no user-defined view preferences can be saved.

Kendra from CommonPlaces, Inc.

Great Project Management Tool

We've been using MavenLink for over a year now and we are constantly learning new and better ways to utilise all the tools it has to offer. We use it as our core method of communication with our clients, it helps to have all the information in one place. The Time tracking tool is easy to use and we are hoping to take full advantage of the Resource Allocation and Gantt chart in the near future

Pros

- So many options and ways to customise each feature - Time tracking tool is very easy to use, our team prefers it over what we have had in the past - Custom reporting, especially weekly project reports, have upped our client communication game. Our Clients appreciate the extra level of transparency and it has helped us prevent a lot of surprises when the invoice is sent out. - Resource Allocation and Gantt chart really help when it comes to Project Planning.

Cons

- It's really difficult to see WHO is responsible for a task if multiple people are assigned to it. This is a problem when you are looking at a project and want to see who is responsible for what from 30,000 feet. Instead, you need to go to that specific task and read through the comments to see where it stands. There are a few workarounds for it, but then all involved extra work and monitoring to make sure everyone using the system is doing so correctly. - There doesn't seem to be a way to edit a comment once you post it - You can't customise the status options for the different tasks, so something is either in progress, not started, needs information, or completed. It doesn't really let you customise it to follow your workflows.

Ben from Pearl Companies

Achieve that 30,000 ft view!

I have been using Mavenlink as the primary account administrator for two different companies over the course of four years. The suite has proven to be an integral tool in my everyday professional life within the Marketing industry. It allows my teams to see only what they need to primarily be involved with for any particular day and clears away other clutter they may not be associated with. However, most importantly, it allows many different views when it comes to upcoming work capacity and profitability. This is the feature we were primarily after when signing up for Mavenlink. The instant-update gantt charts allow us to see both all of our current projects and each individual project. This, in addition to the robust resource management tools that are constantly being improved, as enabled our Production team to kick project input and scheduling into overdrive! Our Copy and Design teams love the real-time proofing module as well. The comparison tools are really slick.

Pros

Depth of data analysis and business intelligence, gantt charts, deep task detail options, resource scheduling tools, built-in expense and budget tracking

Cons

There is an intermediate learning curve and may come across as immediately complex to the uninitiated creative. However, 10-15 minutes of poking around and taking advantage of the learning tools and startup tutorials offered by Mavenlink's stellar customer service program will address this minor concern. Mavenlink is a fantastically powerful information source, and with that power comes some proper approach and learning. It's all intuitive, though!

August 2016

Rosie from Synchronised Software

August 2016

Software Implementation Process with Mavenlink

Pros

We have only been using Mavenlink for a little over 3 month and have already started to see visibility and transparency across the organisation. Mavenlink Insights and analytics reports provide the company with a holistic view of all projects and accounts. We are now easily able to identity project metrics and figures without all of the manual collation and reconciliation which takes an enormous amount of time. Mavenlink have been extremely helpful and accommodating to get us to this point with help of the guys from the MavenOps Program. The 3 months of MavenOps has been fantastic as the team who have been working with us are always willing to help and offer suggestions. Mavenlink were very responsive to our requirements and always willing to help and provide alternate solutions or workarounds if system could meet the requirements. Additionally MavenOps were very quick at turning around reports that we requested. The reports were completely customised to our needs. If a feature could not be achieved the company can submit a "feature request" which means there is a chance that feature can be built later down the track. Mavenlinks 24/7 chat support has also been fantastic in helping the wider organisation with any questions. Overall the software is great but the level of support really helps to lift the product and the overall engagement.

Cons

Given we are an Australian based company there are a few things within the software which are set for the US, for example the date is in the wrong sequence and data refreshes happen at awkward times. These are only minor and don't stop us from achieving our main objectives. It would be helpful to have a little more control over these settings. It would be also good for Super Admin users to have a greater level of visibility. At present even admin need to be invited to a project to view the tasks and approve time etc. It would be helpful for Super Admin users to have this level of visibility with having to rely on a project lead to invite them to a project.

Tristan from Cloudbakers

Our Next-Generation Project Management Tool

Our overall experience has been wonderful over the past few years. We were able to enable our PM team to become more metrics and data-driven, expanding their capabilities. Change Orders are a big business process that we solved by using Mavenlink. Approval and communication have been GREATLY streamlined! Before, we were managing change orders through written communication and supporting documentation, but now we are able to have the discussion in project meetings, then pass through the Change Order approval as a budget change and there is an affirmative action on their part. It's great!

Pros

The activity dashboard is the best part of Mavenlink. A feed that allows you to keep track of official communications and notes is perfect, plus it keeps clients involved. The API is also very strong and allows us to generate reports FAR beyond what is offered by Mavenlink. Our ability to manage projects and people has greatly increased due to the features that have been implemented since we switched to Mavenlink.

Cons

The Gantt chart needs a lot of work. The interface is slow and clunky, plus it is not a great view for the executives and sponsors, visually speaking. The purpose of this chart is not really to "manage" the project, but instead show a high level overview of everything. There is currently no great way to show this to execs and sponsors. There needs to be a better mobile experience as well. We need a fully functional way to log time, complete tasks, post activity and generally manage projects from Android and iOS.

January 2015

Jessica from Limedish Studios

Industry: Graphic Design

January 2015

Mavenlink for small business!

Pros

Coming from a large tech company, we built most of our project applications in house. After starting with a small business back in November, I spent my first couple of weeks finding the right tool to fit the projects that we manage. Most of the tools we found had something we liked and a lot that was overkill for a small company like us. Mavenlink has several product offerings that cater to different-sized businesses. For example, a lot of other products have an 'enterprise edition' that is expensive for only 3-5 users and is overkill (employee timesheets, etc), however, if we were to downgrade to their lower edition we would lose project essential tools like time-tracking and budget management. Mavenlink's 'professional' offering has everything we need aside from an appointment calendar. However it does integrate with my Google calendar! As a small company, we are able to assign out tasks and see where the project stands at every moment with budget tracking, time tracking, and current priority. Their chat support is also very helpful.

Cons

The fact that you cannot pay month-to-month and have to commit to a year is a bit disheartening for a small company, but we spent lots of time trying it out to make sure it's what we wanted and it has been great so far. I was also disappointed/ confused on the way their users work. You pay for a set amount of users, however, you can add outside users to individual projects as a part of the company and they have access to track time, etc. When we asked support about this they seemed very confused and told us we'd have to pay for more users so we stopped doing that. However, I don't think we'd actually be charged if we did it that way since those 'users' on individual projects don't show up under the user management section.

Kaneesha from Brainrider

A tool that encompasses meany features and functions

It's a work in progress, there's a world in Mavenlink still to discover and we're hoping to get there one day! It's still one of the best tools out there, in comparison

Pros

The product is easy to use, and it provides capabilities that with the right onboarder, can implement the tool strategically into the company, to meet the companies needs.

Cons

With a tool this sophicasticated I think the integration team could provide more support, without a cost attached to it. With the price tag, the team is forced to learn it and integrate it themselves which in turn results in improper use of the tool. Project management function, it's tedious and doesn't provide the support needed. There is room for improvement here.

For the finance features/integrations

Mackenzie from Pyramid Communications

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

A steep learning curve

Mavenlink is not a bad service. it does keep everything you need to manage a project in one place, as well as help you track hours spent on various tasks within projects and organize a timeline. It is somewhat difficult to use and difficult to learn how to use - I don't find it very user friendly or intuitive. I'm still getting over this learning curve, since I'm new to using the software, and will likely find that it becomes easier over time. At least I really hope it does.

Pros

Mavenlink is a great way to keep track of everything you need for multiple projects across various areas. Budget burn is clear to see, it's easy enough to add and message people on a project. Easy enough to track time, develop timelines, break projects down into tasks, etc. Good for very type A people who like to extremely organize everything.

Cons

It creates a lot of work for project managers. A lot goes into designing a project and filling it out, which is very time consuming. There is also a steep learning curve, especially if you are adapting to Mavenlink after being used to different systems. The trainings were somewhat helpful, but long, boring and repetitive. While it does keep everything in one place, it is difficult to adapt to using it where you would have used email, Skype messenger, google docs, etc. especially if you're working with colleagues who are not so technologically savvy.

Reasons for Switching to Mavenlink

Company wanted to keep everything in one place.

WRIKE to MAVENLINK USER

Used Wrike for ~8 months and moved to Mavenlink over a year ago. In write you can't track time and expenses. The wrike issue tracking isn't great too. Before moving to Mavenlink, I looked at ~12+ project management tools. It's a pain to move platforms. So we didn't want to make the wrong move. There are so many tools out there. For us, a big priority was being able to track time and projects all in one place. Mavenlink does that and more. It's an awesome tool esp. for design teams and if a lot of your team is virtual.

Pros

- Time tracking integration. Don't have to use a third party tool. - Smart project task management. - Easy to track if "to do" is a "task" or an "issue" (very helpful for website projects where you have a TON of issues to deal with). - Easy to move tasks around and see the overall items you're working on. - Google docs integration. - You can track conversations all in one feed-- on more email. - You can respond via email.

Cons

- So many features. I don't use all of them. - They add on cool features... but want you to pay for them. - Expensive -- but worth it when you're managing a team and don't want to login to a ton of applications. - No dropbox integration. - Takes awhile to get used too. - You can't rename the issue or task items. For example, sometimes I want to change the status title from "needs info" to "client review" -- and I can't edit the status (I could do this in Wrike).

Sara from Beaconfire RED

Mavenlink feedback

Pros

The reporting and overview of the project is very helpful. .I also like how you can budget towards individual tasks/milestones. It's also good to see an overview of staff's availability and schedule them on specific days for projects.

Cons

It's very frustrating when you need to allocated in the same amount of time per user across a long period. You have to go in individually to each week to add that time. When you have to do this for multiple users across different projects, it takes a lot of time!!! Should be able to do a recurring staffing - define the time period, how many hrs for which user and project. If there are changes to hrs or staffing for a project, you then have to go in and change across the board - should be able to change that recurring staffing to a different number/person

Gene from Paradigm Transportation Solutions Limite

Industry: Civil Engineering

Mavenlink is a useful tool

Good

Pros

Customization of task lists, project fields, etc.

Program/portfolio management capabilities. Scalability

More functionality

Matthew from CLEARGOALS

Overall good with a few weak areas.

We were able to provide better forecasting and manage budgets against timelines. All time entry is much better managed in a central location. We can also easily track which resources are available or not.

Pros

- Time Entry - Management of individual projects - Integrations w/ Jira - Forecasting/Planning - Happy to have approvals, but they could be more flexible. - Managing budgets against project timelines.

Reasons for Switching to Mavenlink

We were previously using a combination of Freshbooks, Smartsheets, Google Sheets and some others. We switched to Mavenlink to consolidate all of this information into a single platform.

Pat from New Breed

Works well for agencies

Overall, does well for project management. We lacked the ability to easily report on utilization rates and time entries in convenient ways. Mavenlink changed that for the better. Team collaboration with public and private posts can be more streamlined than emails, which can become siloed. Scheduling time and resource planner features are really handy, although I often don't get to what I planned...

Pros

Budget tracking is easy and effective, although depending on configuration, it can differ between the finances and budget tabs within a project. Gantt view is super helpful for changing timelines and communicating with client.

Cons

The task tracker sometimes is really slow to load when moving tasks around within a given project. There is often a huge number of notifications, but you can configure those to limit them significantly if necessary.

Reasons for Switching to Mavenlink

Workamajig ran on flash and was ancient. We had huge gaps in reporting.

September 2016

Kami from CommonPlaces

September 2016

The Top Reasons We Chose Mavenlink

RESOURCE ALLOCATION Resource allocation is critical in our line of business and it was a major component missing from Active Collab. It is the norm for us to have multiple projects at varying phases of completion and up to 10 team members working on various tasks. As you can imagine, it can become very hard to keep track of workloads and schedule new tasks appropriately. Mavenlink has been a game changer for us in terms of resource allocation! With the click of a button we can now view every team member and get a detailed view of their workload. FINANCIAL REPORTING While Active Collab was not void of financial reporting, we needed a solution that was more robust. Once again, Mavenlink did not disappoint. From financials to projects to people, there's a report for that! As the Business Manager, I really appreciate the ability to create custom reports. Every client is unique in their needs. Mavenlink helps me satisfy clients' needs as well as our own internal needs. USER INTERFACE AND EASE OF USE We really love Mavenlink's visually pleasing interface and the ability to custom brand it. We liked that the company utilized features similar to some of the popular social network sites. This helps to give it a familiar feel to new users. We also like that it does a good job being intuitive to users' needs. This makes it pretty easy for new users to navigate without much instruction. Although we did put some how to videos together for our clients to ensure that everyone is comfortable using it. CLIENT COLLABORATION Our clients' perception is our reality. It is essential that our clients be able to collaborate with us on their project every step of the way. We were very surprised at the number of solutions that did not allow this. Mavenlink really goes above and beyond in this department. Clients can even use their free profile to create and manage their own personal projects outside of their CommonPlaces project. COMMITMENT TO IMPROVEMENTS No one solution is going to land a check mark for every requirement on your list. The one thing that really put Mavenlink ahead of the other solutions we considered was the company's commitment to improving their product. Along this journey we heard over and over, if you notice that there is something that we can improve upon, please take a moment to email us with your suggestions. In the 3 months that we have had Mavenlink, we've already been notified of 2 great improvements!

Guy from Copperleaf Technologies

Excellent User Interface

Pros

Project task management is a huge improvement over our legacy product. The user interface and the various task types have made this my go-to tool, no longer needing MS Project on the side to replicate our task tracking efforts. I like that Mavenlink has included issues into their task types, not just tasks and milestones. Best of all is the user interface to make changes in the GANTT view and for contributors to self-assign a task and log time to it. As a PM, I am spending far less time making in task management activities, instead able to monitor what others have permission to do on their own.

Cons

Still waiting for the golden feature of copy/paste similar tasks to save me even more time.

Kelsey from PlainJoe Studios

MavenLink for the Win

We really love MavenLink and especially love working with a company who is constantly evolving and taking their clients feedback and evolving.

Pros

We needed a unified system that did: task tracking, budget tracking, project schedules, time entry and resource management. MavenLink nails it in those arenas! Finally we have a tool that doesn't require another 15 tools!

Cons

There are a lot of features and options for how to do things, and not enough "how to" videos that their competitors have.

Reasons for Switching to Mavenlink

Needed a more robust, and prettier user interface, system.

Mckenzie from Green Circle Growers

Mavenlink is a Great Project Management Tool

Mavenlink has allowed us to track everything coming in and out of our department on a daily, monthly and yearly basis. This has shown the demand for our services and how well we manage our time with this demands. We are also able to easily invite those outside of our department to join in and collaborate, which has simplified our daily request process. Everything can be found in one place.

Pros

Mavenlink allows for our team to easily collaborate on projects from beginning to end. We can cater our tasks to our specific needs and show the progress along the way for everyone to see. The updates that are sent via email keep me on track with the numerous projects I have at hand. The time tracking integration is beneficial to us when we are working with outside clients. This function is simple to use!

Cons

I find it difficult to access archived projects when I need to refer back to them. It appears that you need to know the exact title of the project in order to search it. Even though the time tracking function is simple to use, I do wish I could pause my time on one project without tracking it and move to another project where I start tracking time as well. I feel that I have to submit small increments of time often because I cannot do this.

Murali from Mindtree

Mavenlink is a very advanced project management tool for medium as well as huge enterprises.

Pros

The application is very stable and you will find a lot of features to work with. In comparison to other tools, the features provided are more advanced and data-driven with high emphasis on metrics. I just love the dashboard, it helps you to keep track of all the official meetings and interactions and with mavenlink, you can build superb reports. It helps in collaborating with tasks from start to end of each project. You can set updates as notifications to your mail id, so you would get to know of the status o different projects. We can set these notifications for clients too, so they would get to know the proceedings and status o each task.If you hate opening multiple tabs like me, you can use this Gantt chart tool which I should say is the best feature!

Cons

One of the biggest turn off is that we take a lot of time to get started with the system like to set up and install. The date has been set in US formats which had been an issue to us, hope they do something about it. I found it really difficult to trace back archived projects cause you have to know the exact name of the respective project to get them traced back!

Danielle from Danielle Phillips Consulting

A Robust Must-Try for Service-Based Orgs!

ML has helped my organization to clearly define accountability and responsibilities. Additionally, it allows for project profitability to be easily found without having to compile data from multiple sources.

Pros

I believe that the best part of Mavenlink is that it's an all-in-one program. One could use this for the day-to-day management of their projects without having to use outside programs. It combines project management, resource management, budget management, estimating, time-tracking, reporting and so much more.

Cons

I think the learning curve can be pretty steep. I attribute this lack of intuition to the robust nature of the service, but it could do with a revamp of the UI/UX. I also dislike the format of the resource management. There are currently two ways to manage resources: Master Planning and Resource Planner. The two work together but are also very separate features. The entire reource management system could use an overhaul to reduce confusion and to make resource changes easier.

June 2016

Ben from Pearl Companies

June 2016

Upped Our Utilization!

We took on Mavenlink when we needed a 50,000 foot view of our department's capacity. The levels of organization that Mavenlink has brought our team's creatives have gone way beyond our expectations. People know exactly what they need to be working on when they come in in the morning. Plus, it allows us to monitor our team's capacity so we know when we need to add more than one creative to a job or even gives us backup when we need to prove why we need to hire more staff.

Pros

I love the way Mavenlink automates communication as the project moves on down through the workflow. By using dependency arrows on the gantt chart, our creatives are automatically notified when their tasks are ready to start. It's pretty slick!

Cons

How unforgiving the gantt chart is. I realize it's web-based in a browser, but it really needs an "undo" button.

Jacqueline from School of Rock

Mavenlink Rocks

We use Mavenlink to project management all new school openings and are now starting to use it for all of our large national events. Mavenlink has definitely helped us open more schools worldwide efficiently and effectively. Before Mavenlink, communication and documentation were major issues around our projects. With Mavenlink, we are able to document our calls and follow ups within the system itself. Tasks linked to communications are also very helpful. The features I like best are ease of use, Dashboard view of all projects, Templates, sync to Google Apps, and Gannt.

Pros

Ease of use and communication. The ability to start threads regarding specific tasks, upload/share google docs, post messages that also go to email, etc. has been critical to successfully completing projects.

Cons

The only dislike I have is that I cannot push a change across multiple projects at one time. We use templates for almost every project we launch. Sometimes those templates get updated and those changes need to be applied to current projects.

Nick from Brandwatch

Mastering Mavenlink

Our PS team are increasing their usage, but there is a lot to learn. All the customisations ensure that as your business scales, so will Mavenlink. The downside is that there is a significant learning curve ... but if you persist, it is quite satisfying :)

Pros

Loads of functionality. Pretty easy to self learn the basics if you are a collaborator. Fairly speedy and easy to navigate around ... Task and time tracking very straight forward. Loads of out of the box analytics and insights ...

Cons

Definitely a learning curve when digging deeper in to functionality and setting up reports. It is soooo customisable that sometimes it can be overwhelming ... Interface not that attractive, equally there is no fluff distractions ...

Frank from APlus Interior Design & Remodeling

Industry: Building Materials

One of the top project management solutions out there

We've been utilizing mavenlink for over 4 years and I have nothing but great things to say it. They've come a long way from 4 years ago and there's been many updates and improvements that pretty much covers everything you would need in order to manage any projects with team members across the globe or locally. It's a very robust solution that makes things easier to communicate with team members, assign tasks, dead lines, create templates for projects and even involve your client to review the progress and comment. It also intergerates with Google Apps which is great and you can easily sync your tasks on to your google calendar and attach email communications. any firm that focuses on team projects should give mavenlink a try.

Pros

simple to you use, assigning tasks, creating templates, mobile friendly, integration with google apps.

Cons

not much we can think of.

Praveen from Accenture

Very easy platform to engage with clients and to manage reports.

Pros

When a client assigns a project to our team we add a new page to our Mavenlink platform and share that with client and all the team members who will be working on the project. Clients can see updates, modifications and even daily reports. Our team don't have to update each time with the client or send them an email at the end of each day. Even if a client has different projects, they will see it on different pages which avoids confusion. The Gantt charts are the best feature included to avoid keeping multiple tabs open.

Cons

One of the main cons is that it will take considerably more time setting everything up. One has to dedicate for at least 4-5 hours to learn everything pretty well. The date format is given only in US standard and troubled us a lot in the beginning.

ravi from Open Access Technologies, Inc.

Good tool for Internal improvements

Our organisation has been able to streamline a group of integrated teams into a well structured project management tool. It's helped to track our progress in many ongoing projects. It made the team fulfil tasks faster.

Pros

Absolute perfect customer support. We have put resource planning somewhere easily accessible for the whole company. Even before Mavenlink, we had Microsoft Project for this, and it was not as easy-to-use as Mavenlink. The support we've gotten from the Mavenlink team is awesome. Whether it's getting questions answered, prioritising potential feature enhancements, or giving feedback on the product road map . I always know that our voice will be heard and considered.

Cons

Everything is fine, it is just we use custom fields on almost all tasks we create, so when created templates with these task lists because we re-use a lot of the same tasks. Unfortunately, templates do not save custom fields so we've had to add these each time we apply a template. It could be improved.

Shane from Jellyfish

Mavenlink Recomendation

- As a normal technical practitioner, it helps to collate my time against , multiple projects and documents entries at a day-by-day level. -Planning for resource and to help manage expectations can be done in marveling as it provides a detailed analytics report with strong filter capabilities.

Pros

- Mavenlink works fantastically in the background to give the whole organization a seamless front end view that allows for efficient project management, time tracking, managing client billing to technical teams receiving their tasks & tickets. - The functionality works well for all different roles in the business and provides a top-level view.

Cons

- Around the end of the month when the majority of the organization is completing scheduling for the next calendar month, reaction time on the site tends to be lower than usual. It still works well but just the speed can be slowing down especially when you need to schedule time for multiple different projects and tasks.

June 2015

Steve from PlanNet Consulting

June 2015

PlanNet Consulting in its Fourth Year Using Mavenlink

Pros

Mavenlink has a user-friendly, intuitive interface that enables our consultants to enter their time and expenses quickly and easily. It's integration with Quickbooks allows us to import data from Mavenlink into the appropriate income and cost categories saving time from doing it manually. We also love the Master Planning feature to get a better handle on our backlog and revenue forecasting as well as resource utilization. This ties into the Analytics reporting feature that gives us the information critical to decision-making. Lastly, the application is continually upgraded with new features based on user input including ours.

Cons

There's not much to dislike. I'd like to see a more robust file storage capability so our clients can access documents through a tiered folder structure. I'd like to see the Analytics reports and invoices have the added capability for customization.

Julie from Duarte

Industry: Graphic Design

Great Project Management Tool

Pros

I love the easy UI of Mavenlink. The side menu bar is very easy to navigate. I like the time entries/timesheet interface. It's easy to create invoices and expense reports as well.

Cons

Reporting isn't always that intuitive - I have the most questions for our admin when it comes to pulling reports. Maybe I just need to be better educated on this though.

Reasons for Switching to Mavenlink

Not sure, I wasn't on the deciding committee.

Morgan from Proclaim Interactive

Efficient Project Management System

I love having Mavenlink as our project management system. It's much more efficient and user-friendly than the system we used before, and they seem to always be improving it which is good to know from the user point of view.

Pros

The ability to keep up with each individual project, its tasks and subtasks and everything else involved, without worrying about it getting lost in our Google Drive or desktops. It's a good place to store information, communicate with coworkers, and stay up-to-date on the project's status.

Cons

The recurring projects (which make up about 75% of our company) sometimes have trouble repeating correctly each month. The dates will be off and we have to go in and manually adjust a few things, which isn't a huge deal but it's an inconvenience that we'd prefer to avoid.

Good value all around

Pros

The tool is quite easy to learn and is very intuitive. It was easy to set up and customer support was great (at least in 2016 - we've been clients for almost 5 years). It integrates with a few other platforms like Salesforce and can be customized using API. In addition, it provides client access and we see constant improvements.

Cons

Two biggest concerns: 1. You can't perform mass actions on tasks/milestones/issues. I.e. if you need to update multiple tasks with the same dates or status or assignee - you can't do it. You'll need to edit each task manually. 2. There are issues with email notifications - there were a few outages last year that resulted in delayed notifications which impacted our work.

Nick from Zon Engineering Inc.

Good time management SaaS solution

Pros

- Mavenlink allows us to bill times to projects and individual tasks. - Can see time spent against the project budget

Cons

- The task assignment and updating via Outlook is clunky, and it feels like it could do with some refinement.

January 2016

January 2016

Great Product to Bring the Team Together

Since our startup we've used basic spreadsheet tools to capture and analyze data. It was possible to generate project metrics and profitability, but the process was cumbersome. That information is just a click away now. We've also eliminated much of the possibility of our employees entering time to the wrong codes with the task assignment functions.

Pros

Our organization includes some office staff, but is mostly made up of remote employees on our client's project sites. Mavenlink has given us a great tool for communicating with our team, as well as capturing time and expense entries via the Cloud. Our employees really like the interface and the ability to log time and expense from their mobile devices. Also, we've found the online workspace to be of great value in transmitting and archiving information and files. Our implementation included support from Laura Pierce and her BIASS team. Laura led us thru integrating our processes with the capabilities of the tool via a weekly meeting. Action items were identified and quickly addressed. Laura was always there to assist with answering questions and being a sounding board for my ideas. It was also a neat experience to have the BIASS team use the Mavenlink tool to setup and manage the BIASS project.

Cons

Most of the opportunities I see with the tool could be considered enhancements to the time and expense processing function and invoicing processes. These include: * More flexibility in the Admin's abilities to review, edit and approve project charges in the invoicing cycle would be helpful. *The ability to provide greater detail of expense charges on the invoice (which is a current action item with Mavenlink for us), and * The ability to push transactions that are not time and expense entries, such as taxes, unit bill amounts, etc. to QuickBooks would be helpful.

Moon from NXTurn, LLC

Good Project mgmt tool linking to NetSuite but lack of customizations to cater to business needs

Pros

Be able to link to NetSuite record with integrations and view utilization and project budget vs. actual.

Cons

Lack of some task tracking features like assignee commit date with taskes. Task role on time entries does not display on list view and task columns are hard to adjust for different usage of different team member.

Reasons for Switching to Mavenlink

Workfront does not connect with NetSuite natively

Hans from IPG

Flexible platform, engaged support team, always getting better.

The client success and technical support teams have been exemplary to work with. They truly work to understand your use case for the product and offer solutions, and even involve us in conversations with the product teams to share our perspective on new feature sets.

Pros

It's clear that the platform is designed to fit many different styles of work, and much of it is highly configurable to your preferences. With the integrated APIs to Salesforce and Active Directory, among others, it's worked well to seamlessly stay in sync with the rest of our systems.

Cons

The Insights reporting platform is very powerful, but complex to learn how to implement custom configurations. You'll do well here if you have experience querying relational databases like SQL, but otherwise you will depend heavily on assistance from the support team and documentation to make adjustments to the custom reports.

Brandon from Pearl Companies

Robust Project Management

Mavenlink would be an outstanding solution for anyone in need of organizational assistance. It's flexible enough to meet unique requirements, yet robust in ways that allow for in-depth project management.

Pros

• Campaign-based invitations allowing only relevant team members access to specific projects • Details, Checklists, Notes, Proofs, etc. for each individual task • Post (and pin) overviews, descriptions, files, and comments to the Activity Feed to keep all team members informed • Task-related Time-tracking, Budgeting, and Resource Planning for all types of team members • Proofs section for collaborative reviews

Cons

• Beginners may be overwhelmed with so many options and use-cases. However, the organization of tools and the vast availability of features and documentation help the user establish their own workflow that fits their unique individual needs.

Julie from Brightly

On the right path

I am able to know project status, watch hours, and keep people on task with Mavenlink. It's been very helpful to eliminate all the check-ins I had to do, asking people what their status is; now I can just look.

Pros

Mavenlink has saved us a TON of time that we were using communicating and threading multiple products together. It gives one single source or truth for project planning and management and has eliminated many meetings and replaced multiple softwares.

Cons

Every task takes a LOT of clicks. I have very basic needs and it takes a lot of clicking to get the PM info that I need just to monitor my projects. It's there but, I'm always about 7 clicks away from it. Also, the scheduling of tasks is very labor-intensive. It's so complicated that only 3 of us are trained on it and I am glad to not be one of them.

Simplification and visibility

Phylicia from HOPE

Industry: Research

Mavenlink is very good.

The only things I would need Mavenlink to add is as follows: -Have some sort of instant messaging service between members on a project. -Allow us to private more than one person when sending messages using m.mavenlink.com. -Have a real app that we can download from PlayStore/ Windows App Store or any other app store so we can use the full functionality of Mavenlink through the app -Also in the future, we could have some sort of video conferencing ability for persons on a project to have virtual meetings. That would be a dream!

Pros

It allows my colleagues in different countries to be kept up to date on different aspects of the various projects.

Cons

No instant messaging. App needs to available on Windows store/Playstore/other popular app stores so we can use Mavenlink on our smartphones.

Viviam from Usaria

Industry: Research

Mavenlink experience

Pros

In one place I have tasks, wall to talk with the team and project gantt.

Cons

Have to pay by collaborators. The price is very high.

Because de gantt.

Courtney from Major Tom

Learning Curve, Overall Very Efficient

Pros

Our company switched to using Mavenlink over a year ago before a company merge and rebrand. The Mavenlink team worked very closely with Operations to incorporate new processes as we evolved into a new company. Previously, our company used another program to track project progress and time sheets. Mavenlink offered more features, visuals, and overall better experience.

Cons

Although Mavenlink does offer more features for users, there is definitely a learning curve to using it. It did take some time to find places to input hours or track projects and our company still works closely with the Mavenlink team to discover new functionality and learning how to effectively use the software. However, overall would definitely recommend this for any Marketing agency.