Minute7

Minute7 Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Most important was integration with QuickBooks On-line. Synching is very easy and has improved invoicing process."
  • icon"I love that it can be synced seamlessly with QBO for invoicing."
  • icon"I love that I can do reports for my 1099 people for both expenses and time. I like that my dashboard is easily sorted by drop-down choices for dates and personnel names."
  • icon"Sometimes, there are features within the platform that are hard to locate and the weekly entry feature can get confusing if you are not on the correct week while logging your time."
  • icon"It can be confusing when you have multiple entries in the same week that have the same description, it formats a bit differently and it can be tricky to tell immediately if you input it correctly."
  • icon"Another problem is that some projects have sub projects so sometimes the hours will sync into the wrong one."

Browse all Minute7 Reviews

• Have you used Minute7 and would like to share your experience with others?

A Good, Basic Time Management Tool

It has been a positive experience. The product is stable and the developers respond quickly to questions and concerns.

Pros

Its simplicity means that you don't have to spend a lot of time teaching people how to use the product. If you need to track by account and task this product will fit the bill nicely. The product integrates with QuickBooks so that jobs and time can be exchanged.

Cons

Since it is web-based, you have to be mindful of the fact that data can get stale. You need to train our users to refresh the page before entering new time entries so that they have the latest state of the system.

Zachary

Everything we needed for time tracking - getting closer on expenses

We are simply trying to focus our resources on providing a better experience for our clients versus spending time on low value add activities. Minute7 easily saves us 1-2 hours per payroll versus recording time a different way and manually reentering into QB.

Pros

What we liked the most was that we were able to transition from our Google Sheets time cards (requiring double entry into QB) to Minute7 with minimal training or change to our business processes. The time we save on payroll is just outstanding.

Cons

Expense entry is still lacking in a number of areas. In general, after importing expenses into QB we are having to manually touch entries to align with how we need to account for our expenses. There are a number of fields in Minute7 that are mandatory that shouldn't be (Expenses are not required to be assigned to a Job) nor do we have the ability to specify expenses as Items (Job Related - with the associated Item Type Selection) or Expenses (Overhead). Fix that and M7 will be perfect

Reasons for choosing Minute7

Minute7 was the only product that we could find for Time tracking that didn't try to change how we do business to make us fit within their product. All we wanted was a simple interface to allow our field employees to enter time against specific jobs (pulled from quickbooks) - Minute7 delivered perfectly. The addition of Expense entry was just icing on the cake.

Allen

September 2022

Minute7 - The lowest cost solution for time tracking integration with QuickBooks Desktop

Great product and company. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] does a great job getting back to me quickly Had only a coupe of problems and they have been very responsive both times, and are quick to assist.

Pros

The integration with QuickBooks Desktop is perfect for our needs. This was the most critical feature we were looking for, followed by cost.

Cons

There is no way to set project budgets for fixed fee projects. For example, we bill hourly in most cases, however we also often work n fixed fee projects. There is no way to set up a project (or subproject) with a budget that allows the user to see how much time (or money) has been put into the project already. If they had this transparency of not only their time, but the time that others billed to a job, it would help avoid cost overruns and allow for more seamless change orders to clients before the budget is blown.

price

Annikki

Good value

Good experience with support and helping find issues. We use two instances for different companies and currency which adds a level of confusion for some users. Like the security (approved/synced) and Activity log which is overlooked by other applications.

Pros

Best features: uploading receipts and having them link to QBO Easy to use and teach others as users as well as approvers of time and expenses

Cons

Lack of connectivity to more than one application. When updates/upgrades are done, they often change the data so that any connections via CSV or Excel import/export are changed, accents missing from letters, extra space, order of fields exported..... Customization, when a customer/job is chosen then only the correct service type should appear and class.

Reasons for choosing Minute7

value and ease when there were fewer employees

Leah

Great Time Tracking, Responsive Support!

I recommend this all the time to our clients over the more fancy and expensive alternative being pushed with QB.

Pros

This software is much more flexible than the native time tracking in QBO, and was so much easier to set up and use than the alternative for use with Quickbooks Online. I love that it can be synced seamlessly with QBO for invoicing.

Cons

Early on, there were a couple glitchy things with the rate coming over from minute7 onto an invoice in QBO. This happened because QBO requires a rate per hour for posting time entries, and minute7 doesn't, so we had items for one employee in particular that kept populating our auto-generated invoices at an incorrect hourly rate. BUT the minute7 support team was great in helping us with this. We learned that if we let the invoices auto-generate BEFORE we sync the time over to QB, the problem goes away and all the hourly rates are correct.

Reasons for switching to Minute7

Needing something less fancy and less expensive. Minute7 is more streamlined.

Matt

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Minute7 Is A Great Accountability Tool

Minute7 has been a fantastic timekeeping tool for our business. It integrates easily with Quickbooks, allows for ease of use when entering client time, has custom reports available, and the price point is right. We work with a lot of government clients that demand a high level of timekeeping accountability, and this product helps us keep more accountable to our clients.

Pros

Minute7 has an ease of use for users, unlike other products I've tested. Just plug in the client, the rate, and the description of work and you're good to go. The ability to run reports per user or per client is easy and saves time when billing clients.

Cons

Integration with existing business products was seamless, especially considering they are a partner of Quickbooks. Sometimes the date ranges on time entry are off, but a simple refresh of the browser window typically takes care of this, especially after being logged in for long periods of time.

Reasons for choosing Minute7

The price point was right and the ease of use was on point.

Douglas

Industry: Utilities

Don't Forget to Send in Your Time Sheet!

I love that Minute 7 makes the dreaded reminder from accounting that "you have not submitted your time sheets for this week yet". For me, it was a regular occurrence. I had to stop what I was working on to back track and try to recall what I was doing for the past week! Always a pain and, yep. an embarrassment. This is all the more annoying when the client needs specific details on what I was working on at the time! I get a daily email reminder using Minute 7. No nagging calls from accounting! I can easily enter my time and work description right then! Easy and no pain!

Pros

Ease of use and peace of mind. The interface and overall design is excellent.

Cons

Synching with Quickbooks. I still have to think about jhow to do that. Its easy to do ,but also awkward

Reasons for choosing Minute7

We went with Minute 7 when they first started. The software is easy to use and cost effective for my business

Beth

Industry: Biotechnology

Honest Review of Minute 7 - Small Business Owner

We like it. It has saved us about 10 hrs. / week vs. doing everything we were doing by hand. With multiple invoices coming in from our 1099 consultants with separate formats, it was getting downright confusing. This ensures consistency in time recording and an easy-ish method of creating reports for invoicing clients etc.

Pros

Cons

We do not use the payroll function in QB right now for 1099 employees so I would love to see an option where I do not have to sync with QB constantly. I have to enter the 1099 employee info in QB just to be able to see it on Minute 7 for queries. I have to enter employees separately in QB as vendors too so we can sort for expenses etc. It would be much easier for us if we just had the option to use the software independent of QB for certain employees where we can enter field values etc...straight into Minute 7.

Reasons for choosing Minute7

The ability to interact easily with QB when needed. Price was good for the value.

Tabitha

Perfect for our needs

Pros

Minute7 has lots of options. But it is also possible to simplify and use for basic time and expenses.

Cons

I would like to have access to more written instructions instead of videos.

Reasons for choosing Minute7

Minute7 includes expense tracking and reimbursement.

Reasons for switching to Minute7

ConnectWise Manage had too many features we didn't need and was too expensive.

Rebecca

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Works very well!

We used to write down our hours and then have to log them manually. Extra time several times over. Admin would spend fifteen minutes alone just on not begin able to read handwriting or whatever. Now it's a click of a few buttons and everyone's time is ready to invoice in Quickbooks!

Pros

I needed a software that would let me track time, and then coordinate easily with my desktop Quickbooks. This works like a charm. Easily synced up with every client and item in Quickbooks and has saved hours in data entry in just a few months. Great features where I can limit employees to logging hours only on the items that have their rate.

Cons

I find the syncing software to feel a little underbaked. But it works just fine! Just wish it could be intergrated into the software itself as a button to press!

Reasons for choosing Minute7

Cost was great for the functionality I needed.

Tony

Long time Minute7 user

We improved our job/service setup time and transfer of information from QB to users and the return of user time entries to QB has been seamless and is a huge time saver over the previous method we had been using.

Pros

We first chose Minute7 based on our need for integrating with Quickbooks desktop. Prior to M7 we were using the QB Timer File program that was difficult to keep current and distribute to individual users. The M7 sync with QB lets us set up new customers, projects and service items very quickly and have it instantly available to our employees for charging time and for transferring time back to QB at the end of the week. We also like the options for having a running timer, direct entry of hours or setting start/finish times. The large data field for time entry notes is also very useful.

Cons

We miss the previous more columnar interface that was a bit easier to use when reviewing and approving time entries. The current interface is great for the individual employee but not quite as useful for the time reviewer.

4 years and counting..

My overall experience with Minute7 has been great. In the past 4 years, I have contacted customer service only two times and in both cases, the issues were quickly address and resolved.

Pros

Being able to track time by employee at the customer/job level and sync the entries into QuickBooks Desktop seamlessly is what I like most about Minute7!

Cons

One improvement I'd love to see, would be the ability to synchronize time entries for one specific customer/job as needed, instead of all time entries across the board.

Lyn

Ease of Use and Cost Effectiveness Make Minute 7 a Winner

Minute 7 is a simple and easy solution to make sure we are capturing and billing all the time worked for clients. It syncs effortlessly and really works well for the work we do. On the few occasions I have run into a problem, the support staff is accessible and responsive (even nights and weekends) and they help me fix the immediate issue as well as instruct me so it doesn't happen again.

Pros

It is easy to use from the standpoint of the attorneys and the administrator. It is easy to set up a new attorney and easy for them to use. Being able to submit time from their mobile phones is a bonus. We don't lose out on travel time and time working with a client in another location.

Cons

Every once in a while I will get duplicates when I pull through to billing. I need to watch the invoices to be sure an item doesn't show up more than one month in a row. It's a random problem for which I haven't gotten a solution. Support has been extremely responsive, even on nights and weekends, on the few occasions when I have run into other problems. They've even helped me with instructions for the attorneys so that one-off errors are not repeated.

Reasons for choosing Minute7

Some were too complicated ... did way more than we needed. Most were more expensive. There was one which was less expensive but it required more back-end work to do the invoicing.

Shana

Easy to Use!

Time entry; remote worker time entry and review

Pros

Syncs well with QuickBooks desktop and QuickBooks online. Prompt customer support. Very easy to use.

Cons

Would like more notifications, e.g. email notification if timer is kept running for a set amount of time based on customer's preference.

Reasons for choosing Minute7

More cost effective and easier to use with QB desktop

Reasons for switching to Minute7

QB Timer was buggy, not on the cloud and not supported.

Jose

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Minute 7

Overall we are very happy with the outcome of using minute 7 as part of the finance department. The application has provided the opportunity to better control project budgets and also streamlines some of our accounting deliverables.

Pros

The software application allows for quick daily or weekly entries related to specific projects. Love the reports feature and options.

Cons

The application was easy to integrate into our platform. I would like for the date to automatically fall under the current day when entering time.

Reasons for switching to Minute7

Looking for better options and flexibility.

Scott

Perfect solution

Simple to install, use, and maintain. Well worth the cost and much more.

Pros

Minute7 is a game changer. It streamInes invoice preparation, provides every detail available about our employee work on client accounts, and delivers instant reports for tax payments by jurisdiction. Minute7 absolutely pays for itself. We save much more money using it when compared to the low price of this fabulous product.

Cons

The initial mobile app had many bugs, but later upgrades vastly improved it.

Reasons for choosing Minute7

Tracking QuickBooks’ classes was a key feature found in Minute7, not available in other low cost time tracking solutions.

Reasons for switching to Minute7

Minute7 offered immediate data import at the end of each reporting period without having to request individual file submissions by employee.

Industry: Environmental Services

Minute 7 Has worked for my Company

I have had a satisfying and positive experience with this product.

Pros

The minute 7 software is fairly intuitive and easy to use with a minimum of training. I enjoy that I can access the software anywhere and that it is available on my phone. This software has saved me significant time on inputting hours and expenses.

Cons

Early on, syncing a little patchy and sometimes the system we used would go down, but since 2018, that has improved significantly and those are rare occurrences. They may also have been a result of our company getting used to the new system.

Reasons for switching to Minute7

This only goes for expenses and payroll, but we were using CoreApp to input these for awhile. Our company was never able to get it to work with our billing and payroll systems. We switched back to Minute7 for both payroll and expenses and have seen fewer, if any, major issues.

Axel