Browse Minute7 Reviews

4 years and counting..

My overall experience with Minute7 has been great. In the past 4 years, I have contacted customer service only two times and in both cases, the issues were quickly address and resolved.

Pros

Being able to track time by employee at the customer/job level and sync the entries into QuickBooks Desktop seamlessly is what I like most about Minute7!

Cons

One improvement I'd love to see, would be the ability to synchronize time entries for one specific customer/job as needed, instead of all time entries across the board.

Zachary from Construct-All Corporation

Everything we needed for time tracking - getting closer on expenses

We are simply trying to focus our resources on providing a better experience for our clients versus spending time on low value add activities. Minute7 easily saves us 1-2 hours per payroll versus recording time a different way and manually reentering into QB.

Pros

What we liked the most was that we were able to transition from our Google Sheets time cards (requiring double entry into QB) to Minute7 with minimal training or change to our business processes. The time we save on payroll is just outstanding.

Cons

Expense entry is still lacking in a number of areas. In general, after importing expenses into QB we are having to manually touch entries to align with how we need to account for our expenses. There are a number of fields in Minute7 that are mandatory that shouldn't be (Expenses are not required to be assigned to a Job) nor do we have the ability to specify expenses as Items (Job Related - with the associated Item Type Selection) or Expenses (Overhead). Fix that and M7 will be perfect

Reasons for Choosing Minute7

Minute7 was the only product that we could find for Time tracking that didn't try to change how we do business to make us fit within their product. All we wanted was a simple interface to allow our field employees to enter time against specific jobs (pulled from quickbooks) - Minute7 delivered perfectly. The addition of Expense entry was just icing on the cake.

Annikki from Cantactix Solutions Inc.

Good value

Good experience with support and helping find issues. We use two instances for different companies and currency which adds a level of confusion for some users. Like the security (approved/synced) and Activity log which is overlooked by other applications.

Pros

Best features: uploading receipts and having them link to QBO Easy to use and teach others as users as well as approvers of time and expenses

Cons

Lack of connectivity to more than one application. When updates/upgrades are done, they often change the data so that any connections via CSV or Excel import/export are changed, accents missing from letters, extra space, order of fields exported..... Customization, when a customer/job is chosen then only the correct service type should appear and class.

Reasons for Choosing Minute7

value and ease when there were fewer employees

Leah from No Office Worries

Great Time Tracking, Responsive Support!

I recommend this all the time to our clients over the more fancy and expensive alternative being pushed with QB.

Pros

This software is much more flexible than the native time tracking in QBO, and was so much easier to set up and use than the alternative for use with Quickbooks Online. I love that it can be synced seamlessly with QBO for invoicing.

Cons

Early on, there were a couple glitchy things with the rate coming over from minute7 onto an invoice in QBO. This happened because QBO requires a rate per hour for posting time entries, and minute7 doesn't, so we had items for one employee in particular that kept populating our auto-generated invoices at an incorrect hourly rate. BUT the minute7 support team was great in helping us with this. We learned that if we let the invoices auto-generate BEFORE we sync the time over to QB, the problem goes away and all the hourly rates are correct.

Reasons for Switching to Minute7

Needing something less fancy and less expensive. Minute7 is more streamlined.

Matt from The Waite Company

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Minute7 Is A Great Accountability Tool

Minute7 has been a fantastic timekeeping tool for our business. It integrates easily with Quickbooks, allows for ease of use when entering client time, has custom reports available, and the price point is right. We work with a lot of government clients that demand a high level of timekeeping accountability, and this product helps us keep more accountable to our clients.

Pros

Minute7 has an ease of use for users, unlike other products I've tested. Just plug in the client, the rate, and the description of work and you're good to go. The ability to run reports per user or per client is easy and saves time when billing clients.

Cons

Integration with existing business products was seamless, especially considering they are a partner of Quickbooks. Sometimes the date ranges on time entry are off, but a simple refresh of the browser window typically takes care of this, especially after being logged in for long periods of time.

Reasons for Choosing Minute7

The price point was right and the ease of use was on point.

Douglas from Proctor Engineering

Industry: Utilities

Don't Forget to Send in Your Time Sheet!

I love that Minute 7 makes the dreaded reminder from accounting that "you have not submitted your time sheets for this week yet". For me, it was a regular occurrence. I had to stop what I was working on to back track and try to recall what I was doing for the past week! Always a pain and, yep. an embarrassment. This is all the more annoying when the client needs specific details on what I was working on at the time! I get a daily email reminder using Minute 7. No nagging calls from accounting! I can easily enter my time and work description right then! Easy and no pain!

Pros

Ease of use and peace of mind. The interface and overall design is excellent.

Cons

Synching with Quickbooks. I still have to think about jhow to do that. Its easy to do ,but also awkward

Reasons for Choosing Minute7

We went with Minute 7 when they first started. The software is easy to use and cost effective for my business

Shana from Mugg Accounting Services Inc

Easy to Use!

Time entry; remote worker time entry and review

Pros

Syncs well with QuickBooks desktop and QuickBooks online. Prompt customer support. Very easy to use.

Cons

Would like more notifications, e.g. email notification if timer is kept running for a set amount of time based on customer's preference.

Reasons for Choosing Minute7

More cost effective and easier to use with QB desktop

Reasons for Switching to Minute7

QB Timer was buggy, not on the cloud and not supported.

Beth from Quality Confidential Inc.

Industry: Biotechnology

Honest Review of Minute 7 - Small Business Owner

We like it. It has saved us about 10 hrs. / week vs. doing everything we were doing by hand. With multiple invoices coming in from our 1099 consultants with separate formats, it was getting downright confusing. This ensures consistency in time recording and an easy-ish method of creating reports for invoicing clients etc.

Pros

I love that I can do reports for my 1099 people for both expenses and time. I like that my dashboard is easily sorted by drop-down choices for dates and personnel names.

Cons

We do not use the payroll function in QB right now for 1099 employees so I would love to see an option where I do not have to sync with QB constantly. I have to enter the 1099 employee info in QB just to be able to see it on Minute 7 for queries. I have to enter employees separately in QB as vendors too so we can sort for expenses etc. It would be much easier for us if we just had the option to use the software independent of QB for certain employees where we can enter field values etc...straight into Minute 7.

Reasons for Choosing Minute7

The ability to interact easily with QB when needed. Price was good for the value.

Tabitha from Pathfinder LLC

Perfect for our needs

Pros

Minute7 has lots of options. But it is also possible to simplify and use for basic time and expenses.

Cons

I would like to have access to more written instructions instead of videos.

Reasons for Choosing Minute7

Minute7 includes expense tracking and reimbursement.

Reasons for Switching to Minute7

ConnectWise Manage had too many features we didn't need and was too expensive.

Rebecca from Renew Architecture & Design

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Works very well!

We used to write down our hours and then have to log them manually. Extra time several times over. Admin would spend fifteen minutes alone just on not begin able to read handwriting or whatever. Now it's a click of a few buttons and everyone's time is ready to invoice in Quickbooks!

Pros

I needed a software that would let me track time, and then coordinate easily with my desktop Quickbooks. This works like a charm. Easily synced up with every client and item in Quickbooks and has saved hours in data entry in just a few months. Great features where I can limit employees to logging hours only on the items that have their rate.

Cons

I find the syncing software to feel a little underbaked. But it works just fine! Just wish it could be intergrated into the software itself as a button to press!

Reasons for Choosing Minute7

Cost was great for the functionality I needed.

Tony from Scheduling and Information Services Inc

Long time Minute7 user

We improved our job/service setup time and transfer of information from QB to users and the return of user time entries to QB has been seamless and is a huge time saver over the previous method we had been using.

Pros

We first chose Minute7 based on our need for integrating with Quickbooks desktop. Prior to M7 we were using the QB Timer File program that was difficult to keep current and distribute to individual users. The M7 sync with QB lets us set up new customers, projects and service items very quickly and have it instantly available to our employees for charging time and for transferring time back to QB at the end of the week. We also like the options for having a running timer, direct entry of hours or setting start/finish times. The large data field for time entry notes is also very useful.

Cons

We miss the previous more columnar interface that was a bit easier to use when reviewing and approving time entries. The current interface is great for the individual employee but not quite as useful for the time reviewer.

Lyn from Barbin Law, Inc

Ease of Use and Cost Effectiveness Make Minute 7 a Winner

Minute 7 is a simple and easy solution to make sure we are capturing and billing all the time worked for clients. It syncs effortlessly and really works well for the work we do. On the few occasions I have run into a problem, the support staff is accessible and responsive (even nights and weekends) and they help me fix the immediate issue as well as instruct me so it doesn't happen again.

Pros

It is easy to use from the standpoint of the attorneys and the administrator. It is easy to set up a new attorney and easy for them to use. Being able to submit time from their mobile phones is a bonus. We don't lose out on travel time and time working with a client in another location.

Cons

Every once in a while I will get duplicates when I pull through to billing. I need to watch the invoices to be sure an item doesn't show up more than one month in a row. It's a random problem for which I haven't gotten a solution. Support has been extremely responsive, even on nights and weekends, on the few occasions when I have run into other problems. They've even helped me with instructions for the attorneys so that one-off errors are not repeated.

Allen from Green Group Studio

Great for integrating timesheets with QB billing

Integration set up has been pretty straightforward. The support we have received has always been quick and friendly.

Pros

Integrates with QuickBooks desktop seamlessly. Customer support is fast and helpful.

Cons

Occasionally, your data bases will get messed up and caused us loss of records. This isn’t about things that I don’t like about the software, but features that would help it: It would be nice to integrate some sort of budgeting feature where we can assign a budget to a project, hourly rate to employees, and allow employees to see how much time/money is left in the budget so they don’t go over budget with fixed fee services.

Reasons for Choosing Minute7

Value, and (at the time) qbooks integration wasn’t completed with TSheets.

Jose from QPharma

Minute 7

Overall we are very happy with the outcome of using minute 7 as part of the finance department. The application has provided the opportunity to better control project budgets and also streamlines some of our accounting deliverables.

Pros

The software application allows for quick daily or weekly entries related to specific projects. Love the reports feature and options.

Cons

The application was easy to integrate into our platform. I would like for the date to automatically fall under the current day when entering time.

Scott from COPLAN AND COMPANY

Perfect solution

Simple to install, use, and maintain. Well worth the cost and much more.

Pros

Minute7 is a game changer. It streamInes invoice preparation, provides every detail available about our employee work on client accounts, and delivers instant reports for tax payments by jurisdiction. Minute7 absolutely pays for itself. We save much more money using it when compared to the low price of this fabulous product.

Cons

The initial mobile app had many bugs, but later upgrades vastly improved it.

David from New South Associates

Industry: Environmental Services

Minute 7 Has worked for my Company

I have had a satisfying and positive experience with this product.

Pros

The minute 7 software is fairly intuitive and easy to use with a minimum of training. I enjoy that I can access the software anywhere and that it is available on my phone. This software has saved me significant time on inputting hours and expenses.

Cons

Early on, syncing a little patchy and sometimes the system we used would go down, but since 2018, that has improved significantly and those are rare occurrences. They may also have been a result of our company getting used to the new system.

Axel from Medvacon

Multi-Project Mastery

I like how easy it is, how I can track, make changes, and submit time and handle multiple projects

Pros

I am often involved in a multitude of projects where some are just sstarting, some are in mid-term and some are finishing. Keeping track of time across all of them is really easy with Minute 7 and setting up the projects appears quick for my admin as well

Cons

The reports for the time entered are not as easy to find and generate and then us, send, print, etc. I know that Minute 7 is connected to QuickBooks but in my case I like to use the tracked time for invoicing the clients who I am completing the projects for and that is not really part of how Minute 7 seems to be setup. Not all seat holders are employees of a company to which the time is reported in Quickbooks.

Don from HousingLink

Excellent time & expense tracking for our size organization

Really, I chose it from about 10 different candidates, and it is an excellent fit for us. Not laden with features I have to work around to ignore. Enables us to manage just as we want.

Pros

This software was able to mirror almost exactly what we were doing manually, so virtually no training or up time required. Additionally, it added electronic expense submission, Quick Books integration, and on-demand reporting, significant time savers for every user function.

Cons

Initially, assigning the classes was a little confusing because of them having to be in QB before we could see them... so from our perspective, backwards in how we work typically. But after we got used to that, all good. Lastly, it would be nice as the administrator, if I had an admin section and a user section like everyone else so when keeping my own time and expenses I could only see the stuff specifically applicable to my day-to-day work. But, we're small so not a big deal.

Kerry from Frontraiser

Excellent tool! Great price!

I love this product and will continue to use it!

Pros

I love being able to put in my billable and non-billable time for projects. It is easy and straightforward. I chose this product because it easily syncs with Quickbooks!

Cons

One of the main issues I have is with the projects listed. As the administrator all the projects show up on my timesheet. I would like to limit what I see - just like I can limit what the users see. I would also like to not show in the project list those that are completed and marked complete in QBO.

Chris from QACV

Minute7 Review

Very positive except for the issues with the last update, which almost caused us to investigate other time and expense reporting options as the issues persisted for approximately 2 weeks.

Pros

It includes tools to track both expenses and time entries. Integrates with Minute7.

Cons

It did not work well after the last update, which caused a lot of errors in reporting and invoicing.

Roland from Kreindler & Associates

Pretty Good, Could Use a Few Tweaks

Despite my complaints, I would say on the whole this has been a positive experience.

Pros

Minute7 is easy to use, relatively intuitive to learn the basics, and unobtrusive.

Cons

The user interface leaves some things to be desired. It would be nice if the timer and time entry defaulted to the last client that I was billing for, instead of making me select it from the drop down menu each time. Ditto for the drop down that I use to select time increments -- if I bill in six minute increments for one client, you can assume I do it for all my clients, so why do I have to keep setting it from a drop down menu? Searching for and reviewing old time entries is more cumbersome than it should be.

Ron from Ron Rosen, LLC

Works fine for me (technology consultant with QuickBooks Premier Pro Services)

Trying to decrease the amount of “lost time” due to sloppy timekeeping.

Pros

I use a Windows PC as my primary machine, an Android phone as my primary mobile device, and an iPad as an e-reader and testing platform. Minute7 supports all three platforms with a client that looks more alike than different from one to the next. Sync from QB Desktop hasn’t failed yet.

Cons

Setting up QB Desktop may be a bit challenging for non-technical users (at least as much Intuit’s fault as Minute7’s).

John from HUDSON MARTIN PC

Attorney User Review

Pros

Search capability makes it easy to bill to numerous files worked on during the day.

Cons

The lack of autofill for certain entries that I make every day, such as "review and revision,' or "conference with," etc. Prior software I used could be customized so that typing "rr" and a space would autofill "review and revision of," and typing "tcw" and a space would autofill "telephone conference with." This feature would reduce the amount of time consumed by typing frequently used phrases.

Stephanie from Botti Marinaccio, Ltd.

Creating Invoices

It has been great other than my con listed above.

Pros

I love how easy this product is to use. We really do enjoy using it.

Cons

When I sync the timesheets to quickbooks, the entries for the same date are not in the order they were entered into the minute 7 program. For example, court appearance for hearing will be typed in after prepare for court appearance, but the prepare for will show up after. This happens all the time. Often times, I have to put them in order on the actual invoice because they did not sync in order. This is so frustrating but because we like the product, we stick with it. I hope this can be updated to sync in the order they were entered. Thanks.

James from AME Consulting Engineers

Easy to use for timekeeping and expenses

I enjoy the software and would totally recommend for someone looking for a simple, easy to use, platform. The web interface is easy to use. The mobile app is serviceable and not overly difficult.

Pros

I like the web interface that is cloud hosted, so accessible from any web browser. Having the option of daily or week view is a good feature. The search function is servicable.

Cons

There do not seem to be a lot of customizable options available for projects (based on the way ours is set up). If you need to break the project up into phases, you have to enter values into the comments instead of having an optional pulldown. The mobile app could be stronger. If I enter an expense for a project, the next expense should hold that info, or offer a button to continue or reset. It tends to lose connectivity but doesn't log you out, so that is a manual process.

Pam from Hyde Environmental, Inc.

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great for keeping track

Have had maybe one problem in using for several years, and that was likely not the software's fault. Easy to sign in, edit.

Pros

Software is very easy to learn and use; simple, but does what you want and need.

Cons

My only complaint is I don't know how to print a quick and easy daily summary report .. I like to have a printed copy to check off when I have to verify my weekly timesheets later in the month. I just do a print screen, but it cuts off some items when there are a lot. Maybe I'm not using it right, but it also is a pain to have it continually open on my browser and then I often accidentally close it when I'm closing another search window, just out of habit.

Arnold from InClin, Inc.

No hassle timekeeping system

The customer service is amazing. Resolves issues within 24 hours. I can't praise this group enough. We are a service company and without being able to track the hours our employees and consultants bill, we'd be dead in the water. 5 star rating!

Pros

Integration with Quickbooks has been flawless. Use had two other systems before Minute7 and they started to crash because of the size of our QB files. Minute7 has not had that problem and any issues we did encounter, the customer service resolved the issues within 24 hours.

Cons

Minute7 accomplishes all that we need. The reports are a bit simple, but is good enough.

Angela from Cornerstone Estate Management

Administrative use of Minute7

I think the program basically works well for the daily user while using the it from the browser in the computer, but the Minute7 app has frequent temporary malfunction issues and is not as easy to make changes or adjustments to added time.

Pros

Ability to edit entries, time etc. Mostly it is an easy to use program.

Cons

Not very compatible with Quick books. When the information is synced into quick books, you have to manually go into quick books to change any edited entries after the information has already been synced to the quick books program. You should just be able to re sync from quick books and it will move over the edited or changes made in Minute7.

Lisa from Gentry & Ebach IP Paralegal Services LLC

Minute7

We had to find a system that was compatible with Quickbooks because when we upgraded our OS, the free QB timer went away. Minute7 was the most affordable and straightforward product we could find on the market.

Pros

User friendly and fairly intuitive, affordable

Cons

Having to change my entries from ready to sync to pending every time. I prefer my entries to be pending until I do a final review for approval.

David from FMP Media Solutions

A User's Review

Not my place to address the "bigger" business issues, but it does allow for easy tracking of time project-by-project. It's simple to use, especially for basic time-keeping/tracking. It does appear to have a number of features to enable very granular tracking of time - though our business needs don't really require their use.

Pros

- Easy to use. - Can do entries day-by-day or for a week - Spell-checking built-in - Built-in timer (though my role doesn't require its use)

Cons

- Unable to make changes once an entry is synced - requires the system admin to do it - overall tally/running totals look strange if an entry is updated - esp. if the change is to the date

A Good, Basic Time Management Tool

It has been a positive experience. The product is stable and the developers respond quickly to questions and concerns.

Pros

Its simplicity means that you don't have to spend a lot of time teaching people how to use the product. If you need to track by account and task this product will fit the bill nicely. The product integrates with QuickBooks so that jobs and time can be exchanged.

Cons

Since it is web-based, you have to be mindful of the fact that data can get stale. You need to train our users to refresh the page before entering new time entries so that they have the latest state of the system.

Latasha from Floyd County Productions

Industry: Animation

Great way to keep track of hours at work without worrying.

The benefits that I get from this product is the benefit of receiving a full paycheck with the right hours. Since we fill out time sheets, it can get tricky when you work hard hours or quarter of a hour on some days, but Minute 7 makes it easy to figure out your overall amount of hours worked. This is essential to a studio trying to stay on budget.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to enter time and the ease of the interface. It is very user friendly and easy to understand which is very helpful after a long day of working in other robust software programs. I also enjoy the timer function which makes the guess work and/or counting of how many hours I work that day not needed.

Taylor from HD

Industry: Mining & Metals

Great way to track time & expenses

Amazing customer service, amazing product - highly recommend.

Pros

This software is easy to use and user friendly. It is a very inexpensive way to track both time and expenses while having reporting available to continue tracking these things. Users are easy to set up, and once they get the hang of it easy to use.

Cons

Since this is an American product, taxes are not accounted for in the expenses. Some employees found it tricky to use or have had login problems. Thankfully, support is top notch so any issues can be addressed almost immediately!

Katera from Smithlehamman

Industry: Research

Its super easy to use, has lots of functions, can enter stuff in for multiple projects 0

Pros

It rarely crashes and sends me weekly reminders to enter hours and calculates time

Cons

Everything looks good, updates aren't frequent but when they are made its good

Kory from Self Employed

Industry: Farming

Good value for money!

It does not segregate overtime with quick books, so when My employees put their hours in, Minute7 sends it all as regular time when it would be nice if it sent it as regular and OT.

Pros

I like how it interacts with Quick Books so there is less manual entering. Adding new employees is very easy because it just pulls them from Quick Books.

Cons

Doesn't have full integration with the pay employees portion of Quick Books

Minute7 User Review

Overall I am very pleased with my experience with Minute7 despite some minor issues (that are more than likely personal preference rather than explicit issues with the software). It is easy to use for the users and the administrative team at my company have found it to work best in comparison to other software we have used in the past.

Pros

I think the simplicity of the software and the visual display of diverse information (billing, timesheets, etc.) are clear, concise and streamlined for both the user and the administrative team.

Cons

I think the biggest issue would be that the input for the data (billable time, expenses, etc.) is streamlined for daily and smaller inputs, in which it becomes cumbersome and clunky when putting in large amounts of data at one time.

Gary from Urban Green Environmental

Industry: Environmental Services

Good tool for small business, additional features would be nice

Pros

I like that the software is easily accessible for all of our employees and that it allows for reasonably easy time entry. The ability to calculate mileage with a customizable mileage rate is also a nice feature.

Cons

I preferred the reports that were available in the previous version. I liked when I could run a quick report and view the results on screen; now the only results onscreen are aggregated totals and any detail must be viewed in a downloaded report. I miss being able to get a very quick update on project progress.

Clarisa from Resolute Consulting Group

My Minute 7 Experience

I use minute 7 to run reports and integrate into our invoicing system.

Pros

I like that hours can be sent for approval. I also like that you can limit the projects per each employee. It helps make running reports that much easier.

Cons

My least favorite part of the software is the integration around bill rates and employee names when setting up invoices. Another problem is that some projects have sub projects so sometimes the hours will sync into the wrong one. This becomes a problem because my superior is the only one that is able to go in and change hours. He is busy so does not have the time to go in when I need so it causes a delay in invoicing.

Traci from Perfect PlanIt

Awesome Tool for Confirming Billing Time

The system has been great. We even have our vendors use it so we can pull status reports throughout a project.

Pros

Minute7 allows you to easily pull reports on all projects or one account. It has been a lifesaver for tracking hours and ensuring I'm billing the right amount.

Cons

It's not the greatest user experience, from a design and feature perspective. It is a fine, workhorse system but since I use it a lot throughout the day to immediately log my time, it would be better to have a more visually appealing and user-friendly set up. It would be nine to have some desktop interface that you could pull up or keep up for noting project time.

Albert from Sigma Resources

Minute7 2020 Review

Pros

Minute7 gives users the ability keep track of their software easily and efficiently. It is simplistic to use and most features can be utilized without multiple clicks within the platform.

Cons

Sometimes, there are features within the platform that are hard to locate and the weekly entry feature can get confusing if you are not on the correct week while logging your time. It can make things a bit confusing and sometimes may require you to double check to make sure you aren't logging time twice for that week/day.

Sunita from CreateNYC

Great Experience with Minute7,..so far!! :)

Pros

Minute7 is user friendly, easy to navigate and love the reminder feature, it's great! With our busy schedule, we tend to forget entering the number of hour/s we worked but thanks to the Minute7 reminder feature, I receive an email dot 7AM Eastern saying, 'don't forget to enter your hours for yesterday',..so overall a pretty cool tool to login your hours.

Cons

To be honest, I have no complaints and whenever I've had any issue, the customer service is pretty prompt, resolved my issue in no time.

Ed from iKAN Software

Does Most Things Well

The software has worked for the most part, but several times it has been unable to Sync with Quickbooks, and it took several days of back and forth to resolve it. Tech Support is good if you don't have anything strange going on with the system.

Pros

It is saving my team time by automatically exporting the keyed entries into Quickbooks.

Cons

The software has a nagging bug in that it doesn't flag time entries when it exports into QB On-line as taxable items. When I go into QB, I have to go through every entry and apply the taxable flag. This is time consuming. We were told a fix was coming, over a year ago. They also doubled the price of the software which seemed like a lot all at once, once we were committed to using the software. However, we are still using it and paying the higher price.

Pam from The Appointment Biz

Minute7 - An Easy Way to Track Your Employees' Hours

Overall, I find Minute7 very easy to work with. I set it and forget it.

Pros

Minute7 is very intuitive and user friendly. I love the recent improvement that allows you to stop the timer but resume it later in the day. Since I often will break my day between more than one customer and/or I stop in the midst of working on a customer, this makes it very easy to accurately allocate my time. I can also easily modify my time if I either forget to turn the timer on, or forget to turn it off.

Cons

Minute7 won't always open on my preferred browser (Firefox). I can usually open it with a different browser, but I don't like that I have to do that.

James from QBExperts, Inc.

Minute7 Time and Billing Tracking

It's done everything that we wanted it to do: tracks billable employee time and expenses and pulls them into a client invoice in QuickBooks. We're now able to prepare annual reports of the amount of time we're spending on each client's engagement and adjust fees accordingly.

Pros

Easy to capture and track billable time, integrates well with both QuickBooks Desktop and Online versions, effortless syncing between applications, solid reporting.

Cons

Would like to be able to undock the timer from the browser page and move to a corner of the screen.

Ray from Medvacon

Great Time and Expenses App

Overall Minut7 is a great tool for time and expense management. Customer Service is exceptional and always resolves the issues.

Pros

Minute7 is easy to deploy, configure and manage. It allows many configurations such that we can effectively manage our employee and consultant base.

Cons

There is really very little that I dislike, it is a well made application.

JAMES from Walcheske & Luzi, LLC

Good Basic Timekeeping System

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use and compatibility with QuickBooks software. Adding new users and customizing what each can access makes it easier for them to use as well.

Cons

There's not much downside for the price and accessibility, particularly if you're using it just for basic timekeeping. If I could change one thing it would be that it somehow automatically synced with QuickBooks, but I've been living with that the whole time and it's not exactly a "problem."

Ryuken from Proliance

I've been using the web app for a few years and it has really worked well for my business.

Pros

The syncing functionality with QuickBooks is great. I use it with QuickBooks on the desktop and it flawlessly syncs time records to QuickBooks while also syncing the clients and items list from QuickBooks to the web app.

Cons

The app used to set up and sync to QuickBooks wasn't as user friendly as it could have been. Also tried the mobile app and stopped using it as it wasn't working well. The web app does everything I need so I only deducted one star for the mobile app.

Juli from Urban Harvest, Inc.

How Minute7 Saved our Non-Profit Time and Money

This tool has enabled our organization to streamline budget reporting for payroll. We have used Minute7 for a number of years and have always received excellent customer support.

Pros

It is easy to onboard new users and train them on the platform. The customization for our organization is beneficial in tracking different budgets. We now use for both staff payroll and 1099 contractor payroll.

Cons

I don't know that there is anything I don't like about Minute7.

Marissa from The Waite Company

User of 6+ Years

It's been great, I have been using it for 6 years now. It can be tedious if you have different customers/service codes but the system works hand in hand with our internal systems

Pros

I like how it's user friendly and it's easy to backfill time or pull reports if needed

Cons

It can be confusing when you have multiple entries in the same week that have the same description, it formats a bit differently and it can be tricky to tell immediately if you input it correctly

Mande from Acklam Inc.

Minute7 is easy to use

I think overall Minute7 is user friendly and the app is also easy to use. Our company has enjoyed using it and will continue to use it. I also really like how helpful and friendly the Minute7 support team is. Always helps resolves my issues and does so in a timely manner.

Pros

It is very user friendly. Everyone in the office is able to input their time efficiently.

Cons

Sometimes there are updates and it messes things up. Sometimes our job numbers don't show up correctly.