All MyCase Reviews

Ease of Use and Best in Class

Nancy

Reviewed July 2023

Definitely recommend

Our firm loves MyCase. It's user-friendly and packed with amazing features that have helped us achieve a 245% growth rate over the last year. I have been so impressed with MyCase that I became a certified MyCase consultant so I can help other firms experience these game-changing benefits.

PROS

My favorite features in MyCase are the case management, client management, document management, templates and automation.

CONS

I don't like that the invoices aren't more customizable and that the billing and invoicing aren't compatible with contingency firms. I also with MyCase would integrate with a VOIP phone system like Ring Central so we can automate some of our calling procedures.

Reason for choosing MyCase

These are all great products, and the features only vary slightly from MyCase. The decisiding factor for our firm was cost.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Cost and the need to update our technology

10/10 Recommend

I rave about MyCase anytime a colleague asks my opinion. Admittedly, I do not have experience with any other practice management software, but when I was comparing my options before signing up with MyCase I was most impressed by the completeness of the product as compared to other programs; and the price was by far the most competitive.

PROS

MyCase is easy to use. The basic functions are intuitive and a new user can navigate the program without much instruction. As a user becomes more advanced, MyCase offers training and tutorials, and has a plethora of add-ons available, allowing a user to really customize the program to their needs. For me, the most valued features are the ability to accept online payments, the communication and notes features, the time tracking and billing features, and the leads tracking.

CONS

The email integration is not seamless. I wish that there was a way for emails send to/from a connected email to automatically synch with any client who has a matching registered email address. Additionally, my rate has consistently gone up; I don't use a lot of the add-on features that are the justification for the price increases.

Reason for choosing MyCase

The price and robustness of the product was superior. I felt that - at the time - I was getting the most "bang for my buck."

Joedy

Recommended Changes

It's OK. I feel like it has room for improvement. I don't like that I can no longer email from MyCase portal. That makes it hard and more work for me to connect my emails to cases on MyCase.

PROS

I like cloud storage and time tracking. I like that I can download all of my case documents.

CONS

I wish it would link cases to emails via Thunderbird and other apps. Also, wish it links incoming and outgoing emails, not just outgoing. Wish it can do drag and drop or ctrl+select instead of clicking on each document that i want to select to do things with. Practice Panther has a better interface than MyCase in that regards.

Reviewed December 2023

Mediocre practice management. Good enough, though.

It's OK. Not bad enough to undertake the daunting task of migrating to something different, but not good enough to necessarily recommend.

PROS

I like that it is OS neutral. I like the billing.

CONS

It's not really that great for anything I do, and it's pretty restrictive on how you can set things up. For instance, there's no field in the user category to put my bar number, which is something that goes into pretty much any pleading that I draft. (1) Why isn't that field available, and (2) why can't I create custom fields? They always seem to be adding "features" that I rarely find any use for, but they won't fix bugs in their system. For four years, now, I can't clear an e-check that a client bounced. It shows up in the "rejected payment in last 30 days" field. They can't be bothered to fix that bug. Ever since COVID customer service has gone way down.

Reason for choosing MyCase

Price. Less bad than the others. Smokeball's name was simply too stupid for me to seriously consider.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Trying to keep my database up with the times was getting to be too expensive.

Beth

Hard to Use program

My experience was terrible and I felt I was left on my own to try to figure out this complicated system.

PROS

Simply stated, there is really nothing about the product I liked.

CONS

The billing does not always show what is in the trust account and when I asked a person to assist on the phone she claimed she was too busy to assist with all my questions so I felt I was on my own to figure it out.

Reason for choosing MyCase

I am not sure what other products are out there but I am sticking to QuickBooks.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Because I thought I could share documents online and have clients pay bills online. However, found out that I had a separate charge for online payments that was much greater than what I was using. I am switching back to everything I had before.

Kyle

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2023

Very Frustrating Experience

I was trying to make my business more efficient, but the platform has so many categories and sub-categories, that navigating it is complicated.They literally could not integrate my Google calendar into the MyCase calendar, which is one of the basic functions of the software. The process to create signature templates is difficult.

PROS

I don't even use it, so hard to say. It has a lot of features that could potentially be useful.

CONS

Before I subscribed, their sales person hounded me like nobody's business. Now that I'm a subscriber and I have paid, they could not care less. Their technical support is clueless and apathetic.The document integration process is cumbersome and there are too many different ways to categorize information that are too similar.

Legal Services, 1 employee

Best Case Management Software Out There and I've Tried Almost All of Them

Best that's out there for sure. I've used at least 6 different Case Managment Systems in the past but this is by far the best.

PROS

The sheer amount of features. I have both billable and contingency fee cases and MyCase covers both. It also feels more polished than other CMS's other there. For some reason, the other CMS's I've used feel cheap and bare bones and you have to build everything up. MyCase gets you started quickly because it starts with a default template.

CONS

I wish it was a little bit more customizable.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

FileVine was just not as robust in terms of features. I also tried Casepeer, Clio, Smokeball, PracticePanther, Firm Central, etc. I prefer MyCase for its ease of use, robust features, and customer service. It has the best balance of everything.

CJ

Incredibly Useful and Critical Component of my Practice

The customer service is top notch. Anytime I've needed anything or had questions about the software, staff have been quick to assist.

PROS

I started my practice with another software, but quickly realized that only MyCase had all the functions and features I needed to manage a small, one-attorney law firm. My Case allows me to spend less time on case management and document coordination and more time defending my clients.

CONS

The billing between trust and operating accounts can be somewhat confusing, but I also recognize that I likely need more specific training on this aspect of the software.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

MyCase had more of the options and functionality I needed in my legal software. Specifically, the communication functions are much more robust and user friendly.

Carla

Good case management platform

Overall, I am happy with MyCase and am certainly not looking to change.

PROS

User-friendly interface. Lower price than other services for the same features.

CONS

While the core platform works well and consistently, the add-ons are hit and miss. The accounting add-on is buggy at times: it periodically refuses to sync with my bank account. It also is difficult to change accounting entries when I discover an error such as categorization. The new gmail add-on stopped working for close to a month.

Reason for choosing MyCase

The features I wanted were available at a lower price in MyCase.

anthony

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Great product

Overall a great experience and worth the money.

PROS

Great product. Easy to learn how to use. Great and responsive customer service that will add features upon request.

CONS

More expensive than some other options. Some of the cost tracking can be confusing.

Reason for choosing MyCase

Chose MyCase because it was more cost-effective than some and had more options than others.

My MyCase Experience

It's been good. I tried another service and did not like it as much, so I switched back to MyCase.

PROS

I found the interface particularly easy to work with, easy to set up. Very intuitive.

CONS

That I have to pay for a seat just for my bookkeeper to pull my monthly reports.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Clio's interface was not intuitive, just didn't look and feel as clean.

Keith

Reviewed July 2023

Great case management software

Great

PROS

Portability, upgrades & customer service

CONS

Email functionality deletes emails from server or duplicates.

Reason for choosing MyCase

Cost, slow to upgrade functionality, was not ready for smart phones and tablets.

Jamie

Reviewed February 2024

Great tool for my start-up!

It has been a dream to use. My new firm is well grounded and ready to take off.

PROS

MyCase was simple to start using. It is intuitive and once you get it's design, it works very nicely. The internal reminders and messages features help my team keep every case moving.

CONS

MyCase could needs to be more forgiving on a mistake and allow a Note to move from the wrong case file. It also needs to allow for a capture of time for LEADS so they may be billed when they convert.

Reason for choosing MyCase

Better pricing and integrations were available for a new start-up.

Barbara

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Wow!! How easy is this.

Overall, after finally convincing myself to take advantage of the full capabilities of MyCase I can't live without it.

PROS

The ability to track everything just as I would if using a paper file, and calendar is great.

CONS

I find it a bit of a nuisances that I cannot past into the search bar. If I copy a name or case number, I have to type a character in the search bar then highlight it and paste my search. I would rather just paste my info and go.

GERSON

Law Practice, 201-500 employees

MyCase and its role on a Law Firm that helps Victims of Domestic Violence

It has been amazing. There're few platforms on the industry that are as useful as MyCase is. MyCase is full of functions that don't require users in the industry to constantly look for third party platforms.

PROS

It's easy to keep track of everything. Although the panel has many functions available, it doesn't look overflowed or difficult to use. The design is really well structured, loading time is amazing and the app interaction is really comfortable.

CONS

It would be useful to be able to access more information about other people on the Law Firm. Also, client filtering while searching for them, sometimes it shows other people first that doesn't match much the name on the input. Lastly, it would be good if there could be a way to see a log of searched clients or actions done from my account.

Majken

Reviewed January 2020

MyCase Daily User Experience

MyCase has been a wonderful tool for our firm. It allows for a more digital experience for both users and clients. MyCase is always updating to stay ahead of the current trends and needs, and they never take a long time to correct issues when they are reported. I love the MyCase staff which is always helpful and willing to explain things so we better understand why or why not something is the way it is. I will be happy telling others of the useful and customization features within MyCase. The support staff and product managers are always willing to help and take suggestions, which they tend to implement if they can. I have had a ton of ideas implemented which makes our daily activities easier. Overall, this software is pretty user friendly, high ability to customize a lot of areas, an all in one type of feel and beneficial for any office looking to go more digital.

PROS

What I love the most about this software is that it's always updating features and areas of needed interest. I love that the MyCase team is always there to take a concern, suggestion or edit that may be needed or wanted. I love that it's ALMOST an all in one system. I love that you can do customizing within the software on the end user side as well, without having to contact MyCase for most of them. I love that this is easy to learn, use and contact support. I love that MyCase is always willing to update to stay current.

CONS

What I like least about this software is the inability to filter OPEN and CLOSED cases in the Trust Account Activity and Trust Account Summary. We use this section for a quick check on which cases has a balance and which cases don't, but it shows EVERY case we have in MyCase without a way to filter out Closed. We have far too many cases open to check one by one. I also like least about this software that you have to request engineering to re-add Contact Groups that you delete, when it was added by the end user in the first place. An accidental delete of a contact group takes too much involvement to have re-added and we end up creating new ones. I also like least about this software that the App and the Desktop version are so much different in a few areas that are used most in our office.

Reason for choosing MyCase

Essentially MyCase was chosen based on the features, support information, price and newness of the software. Reviewing was done extensively before choosing MyCase and in the end MyCase won. I just wish that we were told about the 10% OBA Member discount from the start since it was available and not known until we referred another firm and they were able to get it, then it was not allowed to be retro-active. Someone should check new customer discounts upon start up or each year to ensure you are providing that information to your customers. Knowing we could save that from the start and it was not mentioned was slightly unfair feeling. It was added to the next invoice when WE requested it.

Margaret