• Pros

• "I really love this software. It keeps track of all my hours and is really easy to use. I would definitely recommend this software."

• "Easy to learn and very easy to use. Great free option. Great support. "

• "It's free and works great! It's easy to use right away without a big learning curve. Great way to efficiently manage my time with different clients at different rates."

• Cons

• "Setting up tasks and projects can feel a bit cumbersome each time, so if you have a lot if similar projects populate a blank with one with all the tasks and duplicate that."

• "The user interface can be a little bit confusing if you don't know where to look for things, but once you get used to it, it's quick to find what you need."

• "Finding the appropriate project and task is slightly confusing sometimes, especially for new users. Once you get used to using the product it becomes easier."

Browse My Hours Reviews

Barbara from Computer Software

My Hours has the functionality I need and is easy to use.

Very good experience. On the rare occasion I have asked for customer support I've been pleased with the responsiveness. I feel that the subscription is very well priced. I signed up for the paid PRO version. Really pleased with the functionality. Though for a period I did not need the invoicing feature, so it was an added bonus that I could switch to the free version for just tracking hours, and my history was retained.

Pros

I like that I can track by project and then different ways within the project. I choose hours. Then I can pull a summary as well as generate an invoice. Very easy and clean and very cost effective.

Cons

If I had to pick something, first I'll preface by saying in no way is this a deal breaker. But the calendar starts with Monday, instead of the US calendar view I am more familiar with which starts on Sunday.

Reasons for Choosing My Hours

I tested all three before finalizing my choice. I needed something very specific: 1) track my hours, 2) pull hours reports and 3) invoice the client. MyHours does that for me. Getapp was not as user friendly as MyHours. QuickBooks had additional functionality that was not necessary for my needs.

Nadege from Freelance

Industry: Executive Office

If you don't need integration with an external app, this is the best time tracker I've seen

Response time of MyHours is amazing. You click, it starts. Some other software are simply too slow to process information or start tasks and I'm always wondering if the task timer has started or not. Also, this UI actually incites you to take notes which is never something you do naturally because, at that moment, you KNOW what you are working on. However, two months down the line, when the client says "what is this 4h30 log there ??", you can respond clearly "Oh you called me and you procrastinated for hours before making a decision, that's why it took so long dude !" :))

Pros

- Its user interface is pretty, fast-reacting, intuitive. It takes no time to understand how it works. - You can assign the same task to various projects, which is pretty cool : the fact that I have several projects where the same tasks apply (I manage a client's clients and for each of them, I have translations, website audit, profile analysis to do... So it's great to create the task once and for all and assign it to each sub-client). - With the invoicing feature, you can see immediately what's been invoiced, what's to be invoiced. As a freelancer, this is great as you don't necessarily invoice all your clients at the end of a month. Some yes, but some are invoiced at the end of a project. No looking around, exports, calculations, to see who needs to be invoiced. - Because of how it's set up, unless you are really not focused, it's pretty impossible to have logs that don't correspond to a project and a client. My previous time tracking softwares were leaving me with unidentified logs that kept me wondering for hours on what project / task I worked three weeks ago, at 1.21am !! :) I ended up deleting logs because I had no clue if it was a mistake or a real work log... - You can set up hourly rates per task or per project or per team member. That comes in handy because, in my case, I have different clients that I charge differently. And within the same client, I also have different rates depending on the project. - Pricing is spot on.

Cons

Liking "least" is not how I would define it... I would say there is room for improvement in a couple of areas that are, right now, not critical for me (but might be for others): - No integration (that I know of) with productivity software / project management software (Asana, Basecamp, Monday, Slack, Airtable, etc...). For some, it will prove a bit wasteful to have tasks in those apps and to have to repeat them in MyHours. - Filtering is limited. For example, I have two clients that are close partners and even though I invoice them separately, projects are intertwined. I need to group those two clients together when I report and analyze time spent on projects. Right now, I can only filter one client at a time and I would appreciate filter where you can multiple select. - Like all time trackers I know, MyHours also doesn't provide a really great to have feature : providing a read only view for clients of logs applying to them. For example, one of my clients for whom I work on a daily basis needs to know my "count" for the month at any given time, so he knows if he can give me more work or not, since we are on an hours package basis... Having a permanent URL where he can check on his own where I'm at and what I've worked on and how long would avoid time wasted for him asking me and time wasted for me telling him :)

Reasons for Choosing My Hours

I imported my logs into Harvest but there was a mistake with the date format and all ended up being a mess. I wanted to delete all those old logs and re-import and was never able to do that, even with admin rights. I suppose it's possible to do it, I guess, but after 30 minutes of looking in vain, I thought that it was a pretty bad start so I decided to give up and look for something else. Glad I did, that's how I found MyHours !

Response from Spica

Replied July 2019

Hi Nadege, thank you so much for your kind review. Below are my short comments: 1. We are indeed slow on the integrations part. Will improve on this front very soon. 2. You can, in fact, select multiple projects or clients in reports. Maybe it is not straightforward enough. Please, contact support to learn how. 3. Shared reporting would make total sense, thanks. Thank you for your suggestions and kind words. Miha My Hours Team

Veronica from Freelance Editing

Industry: Writing and Editing

I use the free version, and I love it

Because I work from home, I could not keep track of how much time I was actually putting in on the job. With constant interruptions from children, pets, and spouse, I felt that I was working 8 hours, but I was only getting about 2 hours work done. With this program, I was able to give my family a visual report about how much time I was actually getting to work at one time. Once they understood how their interruptions were interfering with my workday, they were more understanding of my time and started backing off during work hours.

Pros

I can track my hours according to client, project, and task. I can create reports based on days, weeks, or months or based on client, project, or task. If I need a report that I cannot figure out how to create, I can download all the data to my hard drive and fiddle with it in Excel. I love this software because I can do almost everything I need to do with a keyboard shortcut. My favorite thing, though, is the ease with which it tracks my hours and lets me know how much time I spent actually working today.

Cons

Some of the reports are difficult to figure out how to create, though I do usually get there eventually. Also, I don't have a way to sort according to the Notes, so I had to create separate tasks for each chapter, so I'd know how much time I was spending on specific chapters.

Bob from The MarketFarm

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great lightweight utility for tracking time

As a small business with only a handful of clients, it's vitally important for me to know how much time I'm actually spending on a project. I've tried various time-tracking tools and My Hours is, by far, the best value of the bunch: Just the right amount of functionality without too many complications, and at a fair cost. I've recommended it to others on several occasions.

Pros

My Hours is an affordable, simple system to track time for anyone or any organization that works by the hour. I started with it as an individual and it was a great tool for helping me improve my estimates and increase profitability of the work I took on. I've since expanded it to a small team, and it's my main resource for time management and substantiating client invoices.

Cons

There are a few issues, such as the selector window shuts down when you reach the bottom of a list - so if you're just a little bit heavy on the mouse and miss the right moment to click, you end up having to go back and re-select the client/project etc. Also, a recent change in the way reports work has forced me to change the way I do billing. I find it frustrating but no more so than the unanticipated changes every online service provider makes from time to time.

Hlonipha from The Good StartUp

User friendly with many useful features, love it!

My overall experience with My Hours has been quite good. I have been able to now measure how long I take to do particular types of design projects and general tasks, towards improving my work efficiency.

Pros

The ability to just simply start the timer without needing to fill in any task details until when I am able to do so. The ability to start multiple tasks and edit the details/time of the tasks even manually as I go. I also enjoy the offline app integration that helps me to continue to track my time even when not connected to the internet for syncing when connected. I have also found the "Copy to today" feature quite handy.

Cons

I have still not yet figured out how the 'tasks' work. I often find I can't repeat a task name for different projects. I can rather say, I have only managed a makeshift working knowledge of how to organise projects and tasks however I do not think I am using the features effectively. I also wish the option to export the dashboard summary and data visualisation was available, or I could at least figure it out if it is there. I end up just saving a pdf of the dashboard through the Chrome print/save pdf feature.

Reasons for Choosing My Hours

It was My Hours' free individual plan that allows me to track my time as I work, a feature not available on the free version of Wrike. Having used My Hours for some months, I then registered and tried Wrike for a couple of hours when I was having difficulty with setting up my tasks and projects on My Hours (I had used Wrike Premium at a previous digital ad agency job and so knew its project setup and task management capabilities), only to find at a later point after setting up some projects and tasks that the timer feature was not available for me to use.

Diane from Self-Employed

My Hours for client work

Pros

The web-based version of My Hours is very easy to use. I like that I can track my time by client and by project. I use the free version and it meets almost all my needs. The website is fast, easy to navigate, and provides me the flexibility I need in tracking my billable hours.

Cons

While the majority of my time is tracked on the web-based version, I do have the mobile version loaded on my phone. However, I have found it lacking in features and flexibility. Also, I create reports each month so I can create my client invoices, and the time sheets cannot be formatted with decimal time. In all fairness, this might be a feature in their paid subscriptions, but I don't need the majority of their paid features, so I will stay with the free version and convert the times to decimal separately.

Stephanie L. from Freedom Learning Group

Best Hourly Software for Virtual Assistants

I often work on projects that are paid by the hour and I use My Hours to time myself as I work. It's so easy to customize to each project!

Pros

With a virtual career, I often need to track my hours when working. I have been through several different types of time management software and only My Hours has worked for my needs. It's customizable for my business and its interface works seamlessly between all my pieces of technology. I really like how easy it is to pull reports from the Dashboard when I need to submit my hours to the company.

Cons

There is only one feature missing from the software that I have determined after using it for almost a year. When a report is pulled up, I would like to be able to click to a certain day on the graph. Right now the bar graphs are not hyperlinked to the actual working hours.

Reasons for Choosing My Hours

My Hours was much more flexible in customizing my account. I work on multiple projects with different descriptions and hourly rates.

Cristiano from OCRTI Consulting

Very affordable and easy to use solution for Timesheet requirements in projects

Speedup the timesheet process with customers. Once the filter is done. Just send by email, avoiding delays in the billing process.

Pros

Easy to maintain control on activities and TS entry, very easy to upload from excel the TS. Native integration to download files in Excel format. Easy to send activity reports to customers by email. very fast w/o delays.

Cons

email from customers to send the activity reports are not stored in the screen, need to type (or copy and paste) every time. Could be nice to have multi-grouping level by, Customer and project in the same report, or by Client, Project, and Task. Could have an expense capture screen by resource and project/client.

Price

Tammatha R. from The WRITE Business Solutions

Industry: Writing and Editing

Best software for tracking billable hours

I have used this software for over a decade. I have loved it from the beginning. I have used it for keeping track of my billable hours for clients, to know how much time I am spending on writing for personal or private projects as well as clients. I have used it help me manage my time. I use it now as a caregiver for my mother to help me make sure I am working the hours required by the state - I have to work what they say, exactly every day, even though I actually work taking care of her 24/7.

Pros

Being able to keep track of the hours I work both billable and non-billable so I can keep track of how much time I am spending as well as how much money I am making. Also the ability to track multiple projects at once.

Cons

Some of the features take a little getting used to and it can be frustrating when you need to setup or add something new, especially if you haven't needed to do so in a long time.

David from NetValue Technology LLC

Easy to use time tracking for consultants

My Hours has helped track our business and keep our clients happy with detailed reports of what we spend time doing. It's helped me create monthly bills very simply an easily.

Pros

I really like My Hours ease of use and functionality. Tracking my time as I'm working on multiple projects for different clients during the day is very simple. At the end of the month, I use the data to generate bills for my clients too. I can show or hide costing details to users with the permissions. Setting up a new client takes only a minute. Support has been very responsive to my questions and requests for features. Flexibility to having different rates by task, project, client or user. Dashboard and reports let me track billing progress during the month and are very flexible.

Cons

My only slight con for this system is the built in billing functionality. It didn't provide enough detail for my clients so I use the reports instead to create bills in quick books.

Brian from Sibley Communications LLC

Flexible, Simple Time tracking

As a freelancer, my ongoing success depends on my ability to get paid for my work. As such, an accurate and flexible time tracking software is quite possibly the most critical software function in my business. I cannot accurately bill my clients without it. My Hours does everything I need it to do, and is in an easy to use and functional format with a clean, uncluttered interface. It's become an indispensable tool for me.

Pros

There was very little learning curve. I had changed to My Hours from an old tracking software from another vendor (which I had used for many years) and was initially concerned that I would lose productivity when switching to the new software. But I was wrong. I was up and running in less than an hour. Once I got it running, I quickly realized that it was more flexible than the old software I had been using and would enable me to do everything I was accustomed to doing with the old software but with none of the problems that drove me to change. It's been a painless and seamless change to using My Hours.

Cons

At first the user interface took some getting used to, and some of the features were in unfamiliar or unintuitive places, but that quickly became a non-issue for me. And the company is always making incremental improvements.

Jeannie from The Bottom Line Accounting

Best time tracker for solopreneurs!

Absolutely love My Hours & have for years! I am a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and have a free TSheets account, and have used many different time trackers over the years, I prefer My Hours. If I had a team I might need the features of TSheets, but since it's just me, My Hours is perfect, and free. I love the simplicity and it gives me everything I need. Love the dashboard that shows me my average billable hours per day, and my average hourly rate. I've set up projects/tasks for unbillable time as well as billable, so the dashboard is invaluable in showing me how productive my time is.

Pros

Free version has everything I need without a bunch of things I don't. Love the dashboard!

Cons

Can't remove unused columns, such as status & invoiced, from activity report

Kristen from Freelancer

Excellent and robust even as a free service

This has allowed me to keep detailed billing records for a handful of my freelance clients. There is so much flexibility that I could easily use it even for flat fee projects. It is simple to set up and almost mindless to use, yet it feels very robust. I've never felt a feature is missing. After trying countless competitors, including some very expensive industry software, I'm still convinced this is the best choice. And as my business grows, there's plenty of room to upgrade and expand the uses. Also, and importantly, customer service is wonderful. One weekend, I stupidly locked myself out of my account but changing the email address to one I no longer use or have access to. I still don't know what I did, but CS responded within hours. They found my account even though none of the info I'd provided was accurate. They completely saved my weekend! And they didn't even make fun of me for the mistake! Through all my experiences, I've become a huge fan of My Hours. I'm happy to talk to anyone who is considering it.

Pros

This software is simple to set up and use. I don't waste any time setting up a new project. Once I've entered the client, I just start timing and go. I usually use the free version. I don't do a lot of hourly billing in my freelance career. So, I track projects and then add up the hours to create my own invoices in WorD. This service allows me to keep permanent detailed records, and my clients know they can ask for the information if they want to review how I spend my time. If I take on more than the small handful of clients I currently have, I plan to upgrade to a paid account so I am able to generate invoices and have more clients. But for a basic user, this is the best service I've found. And I've tried them all. Note, I used to be an attorney in a small practice. I would have used this constantly in my billing had I known about it.

Cons

I sometimes forget to hit start or stop because there is no window hovering over my workspace. Other than that, I honestly have no complaints. It suits my needs perfectly.

Response from Spica

Replied August 2017

Dear Kristen, Thank you very much for your positive review. We are very happy to hear our service is valuable to you and that our support was able to save your weekend :) All the best, The My Hours Team

Melanie from AVS VAT

Some very good bits & 1 or 2 niggles

Our old time recording system ceased to be supported so we had to find a new one. We looked at lots of alternatives and ran a new one for almost a year but it was dreadful. Lots of systems want to manage your whole practice rather than just log time so finding My Hours was a real relief. We run it alongside Xero and our CRM both of which we didnt want to change. Apart from niggles as above this has been a great system for us.

Pros

Its great to be able to log time as you work, whether in the office or in the move. Im sure being easy to do so means we capture more chargeable hours than we did using our old (very annoying) system.

Cons

Overall this is a great product but I have a few niggles which I hope might get sorted out. I dont like that time is logged to the second rather than whole minutes or nearest 5 minutes - it makes us look money grabbing. Not being able to set up a new chargeable project without having to go into a more detailed screen is annoying and no longer having a link back to the time record from a time report is slowing us down. I dont like the time report layout as you have to look for the client name and project name - our old original system included a header with this detail which made for better client presentation.

David from Comprehensive Business Services Ltd

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

great fit for a great price

assisting greatly with our monthly invoicing and monitoring of staffs productivity

Pros

Usually time recording systems, when geared at accountants and solicitors, cost a fortune. This product is simple, and cost effective and has helped us increase our billing by approximately 10 - 15% percent each month, which far outweighs the cost. It helps us identify fixed fee clients who need a review as their business has expanded and the reports from my hours can be used to assist with justification of increases,

Cons

Up until recently, the exporting of large volume of data was very slow, and frequently crashed the system, however the way the reports are prepared has changed and is now working super. e.g. show me all time spent on a client for the last 12 month by all staff.

Response from Spica

Replied July 2019

Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! It is very exciting to hear that My Hours has helped you increase your billing by 10 - 15%, this is awesome! Thank you for your feedback on the speed of reporting as well, we are glad that the changes were this effective. All the best, My Hours Team

CHERI from C2 Communication + Creative

Could not do my job without MyHours

My Hours saves me a ton of time tracking projects (I used to do it manually). And because I'm a one person show, cost is a big factor...free for me is great.

Pros

I'm a freelance graphic designer so I don't need to worry about a team of people, but I do need an easy and inexpensive way to keep track of my time by project. My Hours makes it easy to assign multiple tasks to multiple projects. I also like that I can organize reports by client or project. I use the free version and it's great. I also like that I can edit my time if needed (ie, I forget to start or stop the clock).

Cons

I often have the same task name for projects, but for different clients (ie, brand guidelines or datasheet). If I go in to create a new task, and it happens to have the same name as the task for another client, it says "task name already created" and I have to go to a different screen to enable this task to be assigned to the project I want. It would be easier if it just gave me a warning screen (like, "task name already exists, apply to this project anyway?").

Response from Spica

Replied July 2019

Hi Cheri, Thanks a lot for this valuable feedback, we appreciate your effort! Good to hear we could help you save some time! Hopefully, we will be able to save you another minute or two by implementing your suggestion in the future! :) Have a good day, My Hours Team

Jenifer from University of Tennessee

Great tool for tracking time on projects!

Love this software -- and did I mention its free for one user! I don't bill for my time, but I do need to keep track of time spent on various projects and on tasks within those projects. I work a helpdesk in a addition to various documentation projects. So during the day, when I pick up the phone to answer a helpdesk question, I just click to start tracking my time. When I'm done, I click back to tracking the documentation project that I was working on. Super simple! Great for reporting on my time spent -- however it was spent! I will be retiring in a couple of years and plan to work as a professional genealogist. I will definitely be using MyHours to keep track of my time spent then!!! Thanks so much for a great product!

Pros

Easy to set up projects that you need track your time on. Easy to add tasks so that you can identify how you are spending your time on a particular project. Super easy to switch from project to project as you work through your day. Love being able to add all the projects that I plan to work on that day and then switch between them. Great tool to get reports on time spent on projects over a year for yearly job review (Bleh!). Not to mention Free for just one user (me!).

Cons

Could do with more flexible report options. The new report functionality is a bit more difficult to use than the previous ones.

Lori from First Tracks Design

Best Hours Tracking Tool

I use it as an independent contractor to bill clients. I also use it as an employee to track my time to enter into a "bad" time tracking system.

Pros

I like how easy it to use but has features to do custom reporting. It's always available, in 2+ years I've used it, it's always up. I totally rely on it to track hours and there has never been a hiccup. I like how it keeps tracking hours even after I shutdown my browser because I know when I stopped working and it keeps tracking even if I don't have my browse up. I love how I can edit tasks and make adjustments easily.

Cons

Sometimes when I go back to previous day, it might not refresh properly. The case is when I worked a Sunday in the past, but go back to Sunday in current week, it shows hours from previous week. I can do a force refresh but that takes me back to current day. I work around it by scrolling backwards past the weekend days, and then scroll forward. It refreshes and the data is correct. That's really the only issue I have ever encountered.

Response from Spica

Replied July 2019

Hi Lori, Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! We appreciate your input and staying with us for so long! The glitch that you mentioned will be fixed with the next big upgrade in the following months. Kind regards, My Hours Team

Bonnie from National University of Ireland, Galway

Great Project Tracking Software

When I started this position three years ago it was a brand new position. My manager wanted me to track the amount of time I spent on different projects so we could better define the role. I tried a few different things before I found My Hours, and I've been using it ever since. I love it! (And so does she! In our last meeting she said she wished everyone in the department kept track of their time with My Hours!)

Pros

The ability to keep track of the hours I spend on all the different projects I work on for my department.

Cons

The reports. When I print them as PDF the page sometimes breaks across the charts. I'd like to be able to set my own page breaks.

Response from Spica

Replied July 2019

Hi Bonnie, thank you for your kind review and valuable feedback. Thanks, My Hours Team

David from Hoffman Drafting & Design

Great tool!

Tracking time is so easy on this app and program. The software works concurrently between my phone and my computer. It is very easy to manage all of my customers and my time on each project. My customers like my time reporting on their billing, it helps them see how my time was actually spent. It helps me see when I am productive and when I am not.

Pros

Very detailed Nice time reports Rigid, yet flexible time tracking Customization per customer Noting what I am actually working on during the time being tracked Works on my phone and my computer

Cons

Reporting is a little tricky Can not customize reports

Matt from DSS Marine Inc.

Industry: Wholesale

Awesome productivity tool!

Awesome App. I use it all day at least 5 days per week. Highly recommended.

Pros

The free version has enough for most users. I use it to track what aspects of my job I am spending my time on. This helps answer the question: How much of your time would you say you spend on task X? Basic charts show you exactly where you are spending time. Generating that awareness also helps me to utilize my time more effectively. The visibility tends to make a person waste less time, as they are accountable to the App to log it somewhere useful. I've recommended this for that purpose to several of my colleagues.

Cons

Sometimes a few more clicks than necessary to enter the times. The Now +/- feature is awesome, but manually keying in times like 11:35 AM to 1:00 PM manually is a lot of buttons and possibly could be a little easier with some basic data entry tools. Maybe 2 +/- buttons? One for 5 min, one for 30 min or 1 hour?

Joe from Joe Boyle Photography

Use it as a single user and I love it!

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of setting up projects and selecting projects for time entry. I love the different settings for time entry also, the 'standard' way and the quick mode. I also like how I can automatically assign tasks to every new project, that is so helpful! Overall, I think the architects and developers have done a great job making this software simple, powerful and easy to use! The user experience is phenomenal and I'm not overloaded with options!

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it seems as though it has trouble loading sometimes and "hangs", especially when I modify a time entry. It feels like the server is undergoing maintenance and it has trouble connecting. It's not often and this hasn't deterred me from using it, but it is the first negative attribute that comes to mind. Also, I wish the software had a feature to report and track time in decimal notation.

Response from Spica

Replied August 2017

Dear Joe, Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear our Free plan is valuable to your work. :) We did have a few technical mishaps in the past which is why we upgraded to a state of the art cloud hosting service. We are working hard on making your My Hours experience as flawless as possible. However, if you do notice any strange behavior or you would like to make a suggestion such as the decimal notation you mentioned, please, do not hesitate to email us at support@myhours.com. We take user suggestions very seriously and providing good support is very important to us. Thanks again and happy tracking, The My Hours Team

Helena from Frazier Art & Design

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Free, Easy to use & customize

I've used My Hours for 9 years and have turned several other contractors over to this software because of the ease of use, functionality AND if you missed starting the clock then you can go back in and set it afterwards. It's accurate and so very simple to use.

Pros

I just love how simple this is and has all the functions/categories I need. I have several clients so this makes it even better. It's also easy to export out for billing purposes.

Cons

I didn't like how it USED TO BE hard to set up a project and a task but this has been updated and work great.

Easy to Use, Great for Tracking Hours Across Multiple Clients and Projects

I've used My Hours as a independent contractor to track hours and invoice clients, and it's been a tremendous easy to implement and use tool to monitor everything. To do this in something like Google would have been a huge pain, and I'm so grateful a colleague introduced me to this.

Pros

How easy it is to use. For managing multiple clients and projects, it's been a breeze to track and report hours, including tracking of different pay rates where applicable. The reports include full hours breakouts and notes, which is hugely helpful as supplemental information when invoicing.

Cons

I haven't had any cons that I've run into, my use is relatively small so I'm not certain how it would scale across a large organization, but as a sole contractor it's been fantastic.

Caroline from The Isosceles Group

Industry: Environmental Services

My Hours time-tracking software

Our employees are happy using My Hours for their hours and tasks on a variety of projects. I haven't had one complaint! The administrator features are flexible and easy to use. Over all a very positive experience with this product and I can certainly recommend it as a cost-effective product for time-tracking.

Pros

My Hours time-tracking software provides everything we need as a small business both for our payroll time-tracking and for customer billing. We've been using it for several years now without any problems. The customer support is great and any questions are answered by return email within 24 hours. The My Hours team are always listening to customer feedback and improving the product. It's great value for money.

Cons

When I'm running the Activity feature, I'd like to be able to expand the width of the columns but this can be done when exported to Excel format so it's not a big deal. Also, the time format of the Activity feature is only available in hours & minutes unless you export to Excel (as 'export' not 'report') where it appears in both hours & minutes and decimal format.

chad from FLOW68

My Hours is great

My overall experience with My Hours has been excellent, and I have found it to be a valuable tool, especially when I get busy.

Pros

How easy it is to use. I'm a graphic designer who works for an agency as well as for myself, and My Hours has really helped me keep track of the time I give to tasks. My clients also really appreciate that I give them a breakdown of how much time I gave to their jobs and in what areas I focused my time.

Cons

Not so much a con, but it would be great if I could somehow set up the way in which My Hours exports EXCEL sheets, with regards to what information is displayed in what order and under what heading. A sort of 'custom export option' if you will, so that it exports them in my desired format and layout with the click of a button.

Response from Spica

Replied July 2019

Hi Chad, thank you for taking the time to review our solution, we appreciate it! We are happy to help you with keeping track of your time. You can do a lot to customize your reports using the grouping and filtering functions in the Activity view. Please contact us at support@myhours.com to help you with this. All the best, My Hours Team

April from Simple Dot LLC

Simple & Well-Supported

I love being able to pull just about any report I can think about. How much $ have I made this year? Which project has dominated my schedule this month? It's fun (and useful) to see this data. I'm also very impressed with My Hours' customer service. They always respond promptly and politely. In the very few times I've reached out regarding a bug, they've provided a workaround, and then fixed the problem immediately. These are REAL people, developing GOOD software!

Pros

The interface is intuitive. When I first started using My Hours 3 years ago, my hopes weren't high because it was so inexpensive. But it does everything I need it to do, and in such a way that I'm not constantly googling "how to" questions or contacting customer support.

Cons

I would love if software this simple could replace quickbooks. But that's not its intent, so I don't expect to see quickbooks-killler features anytime soon. :)

Response from Spica

Replied July 2019

Hi April, Thank you for your kind review, it warmed our hearts! :) It's great to hear you get this much out of our app and your data. We will not be replacing Quickbooks any time soon, but the integration is on its way! ;) All the best, My Hours Team

Adriano from Adriano Ferreira Projetos Digitais

Very userfull tool for time tracking with great reports

1) Control the amount of time I work with projects and each client. 2) Know exactly what to charge from my clients 3) More control over time consuming tasks

Pros

MyHours is very easy to use and generate reports with nice graphics and statistics. I can review time consuming tasks and have more control over the projects. MyHours also give me information about how much each task costs to me and what to charge in my billings. I'm using the free plan for 2 years and this tool is a big help for my webdesign projects.

Cons

The color pallete :) I enjoy dark interfaces, perhaps in future this option could be available. For now, MyHours is perfect for my needings.

Pamela from Yellow Brick Consulting

I love My Hours and recommend it to my colleagues

This tool saves me a ton of second guessing and analyzes where I spent my time. I love this!

Pros

My favorite part of My Hours is that it makes sense. When I first went into business for myself I tried another hour tracking company and it was awful. The product was clunky and very limited. I came across My Hours and haven't looked back. In fact, any contractors with whom I work, I request they use My Hours too. I like that it is easy to add projects and tasks to my various clients. I like that it's easy to see all of the tasks all at once. I have accidentally created multiple tasks that mean the same thing and it's easy to delete the redundant ones. My favorite part is being able to see how many hours I have spent per client at any given time. This is so helpful!

Cons

I think setting up the profile at the beginning was a little tricky for me - but I understand how to use it now. I also wish it was slightly easier to add new tasks while working inside a project.

Nancy from Nancy Shawver Consulting

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

MyHours for Accountability

MyHours helps me track how I use my working time. I use the data to optimize my business performance, to maximize my billable hours and stay on track with my business goals.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use MyHours and how it gives me the ability to manage my time as a business owner. I can track the amount of time I spend in administrative functions, business development and client work, to make sure I am optimizing how I use my working time. The software is intuitive and allows me to configure for the tasks and projects for my clients. It is quite flexible. I have recommended it to all my entrepreneurial colleagues.

Cons

MyHours recently changed its reporting. While I can still get the client data that I need for invoicing, it has become slightly more cumbersome.

Response from Spica

Replied July 2019

Hi Nancy, thank you for the review. Thank you for your feedback with regards to reporting funcationlity. Best, My Hours Team

Raluca from Mitarca Raluca PFA

Simplest time tracker

I have been using My Hours for years now, and I've always been attracted by the simplicity and the ease of input. It helped me track my time most readily versus other apps that have cumbersome interfaces. Unfortunately I cannot use it exclusively for my needs, I need more project managing tools as well. But as for organizing tasks and recurring items, this app does it perfectly! I can't really use the invoicing feature because in Romania (where I'm from) we have different ways of invoicing to make our lives better.

Pros

Ease of use of the interface - I can create reusable tasks Instant time tracking. Click now, fill in the details later. Perfect difficulty level for adding details. Reusable tasks means good information overview for clients and projects and tasks.

Cons

Slow mobile app for Android: the app takes a while to load, and it doesn't resemble the quality of the web application. The invoices are not great for international use, I'm missing a few features.

Response from Spica

Replied July 2019

Hi Raluca, thank you for your review and kind words. A better mobile apps are in the works. Best, My Hours Team

Lacie from Calls On Call

I have used MyHours for over 5 years. It has glitches now and then, but for free you can't complain.

Pros

It's great if you don't mind getting no customer support. I suggest paying for the upgrade to see if that changes how support assists you when help is needed.

Cons

Customer service is awful. I am currently attempting to switch to their new version as instructed by the company and the software won't allow it. I alerted customer service and all they can say is "Yes you can" and "Change your password". I have described my situation in detail multiple times and these are still the only solutions they offer me.

Response from Spica

Replied June 2017

Dear Lacie, with all due respect, we cannot support our old vintage version of My Hours. Users of the vintage app have been alerted multiple times that it is out of development and no longer supported. Nevertheless, we are doing our best to help you transfer your data to the new and much improved service free of charge. We thank you for your trust and long history with our product and hope you will feel at home on the new platform. If not, please, write to support@myhours.com as we take support very seriously. Thanks again and all the best, Miha on behalf of My Hours

Karen from KB Virtual Services

Industry: Facilities Services

Love My Hours!

I use My Hours to keep track of my time for each client and find it very easy to use and ideal for my needs.

Pros

Free version which does what I need and it's easy to use and set up.

Cons

Limited functions but as it's free, it's great!

Response from Spica

Replied July 2019

Hi Karen, Thanks a lot for reviewing our app! It's good to hear that My Hours fits your needs. Thank you for staying with us for years. Please let us know if you need anything. Best wishes, My Hours Team

Debra from Debra Sachs

Industry: Executive Office

Does Exactly What I Need It To Do

I have used other timer programs and found that My Hours gives me everything I need...and it's FREE! I am able to track and report time for multiple clients and differentiate multiple projects per client. I also love how easy it is to edit previously entered time when I see that a mistake has been made. The export to Excel feature is extremely useful and allows me to quickly create invoices in my bookkeeping software. I'm all for easy, accurate, efficient functionality and My Hours definitely meets those criteria for me.

Pros

I am able to easily track and report my time for multiple clients and multiple projects per client

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any negatives

Response from Spica

Replied July 2019

Hi Debra, thank you for the review. You are too kind :) Best, My Hours Team

Abhijeet from Freelance

Awesome product for any professional person/group

MyHours helps me keep track of my hours I spend on projects of my clients, with super ease. Have tried other products too and liked none as MyHours. Planning to go premium soon with it :)

Pros

A few of lot of great things about using MyHours: Awesome interface and ease of use To the point and all useful features (no baggage full of BS stuffs like screen-record and all) Awesome support service and response Pricing is super-affordable for even a freelancer as myself

Cons

Hmm, nothing that I can think of about MyHours which I haven't liked

Jean-Louis from BWMS sprl

Used it for years and years, for me and my customers

At the beginning, years ago (over 10 I think?), all consultants of my small practice would enter their time-sheets which would then be used to invoice our projects and for statistics such as number of days spent on training, self-study, business development, etc. I used it to benchmark my managing director's activities, and I still do, as well as I push using it at various customers and projects.

Pros

It's simple, made by people who understand what is really useful, easy to teach, can be used at individual and team level, for project or recurring tasks, with invoices or not. Reports are good looking and easy to export. Best value for money!

Cons

Structuring the tasks, projects, customers, teams etc requires a little thinking: however 1) it is quite normal and 2) with a small pilot usage phase it is easy to correct and get on the right tracks.

Response from Spica

Replied July 2019

Hi Jean-Louis, thanks a lot for your review and especially for staying with us for more than a decade! :) We appreciate it. Let us know in case you need anything. Best wishes, My Hours Team

Jerome from Astia-CS

The perfect Time Reporting Tool

MyHours really helps me at the end of each month to do my invoicing! With the easy customizable reports I can create overviews of time spend just like my customers expect it.

Pros

What I love about this tool is the simplicity! It is very easy to enter the time spent and it is also very easy to get reports out of it! I personally don't use the invoicing part but I tried it and it works like a charm!

Cons

It would be nice if there was a way to have some more interaction with other time reporting platforms. Some of my customers have their own platform and want me to do time registration over there. So it would be interesting if there was an easy way to transfer the reported time in My Hours to the application of my customers. But hey... that is more of thing for the other applications... they should be able to import the exports from MyHours.

Michele from Romano ConstructIT

Very valuable application

I have been using My Hours for several years to track my hours as a contractor in a project with a small team. In this time, I have been able to pull up reports for invoicing and project scheduling. I have needed the reporting for surprise audits as well. It has made my life much easier!

Pros

I find it very easy to track my hours. I love the reporting. I love the price point.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I like least about it.

Reuben from Reuben Bradley

Great product, minus a few irritations

Overall, MyHours has been a significant tool in my freelancer toolbelt, allowing me to gain insight on the services I provide, and allowing me to improve on my delivery time frames and cost estimates. With the exception of a few annoyances, the product is very straight-forward to use and provides the tools to make it an integral part of any business's toolkit.

Pros

MyHours is an easy to use solution for tracking hours on projects, big or small. As a freelance developer, it is very important for me to track my estimates versus actual time spend on a project, or single tasks within a project, and MyHours provides numerous reporting capabilities to assist me in my time breakdown across tasks, projects, and clients.

Cons

When first starting out, it seemed counter-intuitive to have to set up clients and projects before you could even get started on the tasks within the project. Maybe a "quick setup" option would be helpful for creating a new project under a new client? Secondly, a lot of tasks are singular to a particular project - while having a task list shared across clients/projects makes sense for certain tasks (i.e. - "Meetings", or "Initial setup"), having to sift through tasks that belong to other projects or archive individual tasks for a completed project is administrative overhead that I could do without.

Shivaraman from Deluxe Entertainment Services group

Perfect for anyone looking for a simple time tracker

Pros

It's very easy to use, coupled with the mobile app I've not needed anything more since I started using it. The functionality to add rates at project setup and to not have to worry about them individually is just awesome! I've only used the free version and the fact that I haven't ever been forced to get the premium version is something I'm very thankful about. If and when I would grow my team, I would surely try out the version for teams.

Cons

Only one: the lack of connecting this with other PMS like trello or asana is something I would love to see. Or even an API availability for others to create ways to link the app to other systems

Response from Spica

Replied July 2019

Hi Shivaraman, Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! We appreciate your input. It's good to hear My Hours fits your needs so well! You'll be glad to hear that some integrations are already on the way, and we are finishing the API as well. Wish you all the best, My Hours Team

Jason from the-it-service

Time tracking anywhere

Pros

Great software, easy to set up and covers all my needs. I can have different rates, dozens of clients and create Projects and Tasks easily. I like being able to use the app on my iPhone and finding the information on my desktop I have recently started using it for my invoices and it works very well.

Cons

It would be nice if it integrated directly with my Outlook.

Fuko from 3 DAY MONK

Great App

I have been using My Hours for a long time. I manage a few different businesses so I have used other time manage apps like Time n Eye etc. It's simple for everyone to use. One thing I'd request is to get a notification when my staff logs times. I probably don't wanna get a notification from everyone, but for a new staff, I'd like to see if she leaves work, then get notified on my phone etc.

Pros

it's simple, easy to manage people and projects. I love that I can assign people with different rates. The pricing is also very affordable.

Cons

The app for iPhone has to be improved. I get complain from my team a lot about the app how the interface design is not easy to use etc.

Robert from Cuyahoga County Land Reutilization Corporation

My Hours - Great Software for Attorneys Working As In-house Attorney for Non-Profit.

I am employed as a part time attorney for a quasi-governmental nonprofit corporation. I have used My Hours for almost 10 years to track my time on all legal projects I have worked on. While I don't need to use it for billing purposes, My Hours provides me with the ability to generate reports showing the value added benefit to the corporation by using an in-house attorney as opposed to contracting out the legal work to a private law firm.

Pros

The Software was very intuitive and user friendly and still had the capability of keeping detailed information and selecting some of the detail for specialized reports. I did not use it for billing customers, as I was a salaried employee of the non-profit whose time was not billed separately from the client's agreed upon payment for services rendered.

Cons

At this time, the only issue I have had is assigning new tasks to a project. For some reason the new task would not be saved after assignment.

Katie from Royalton Psychological Associates

Wonderful Product

We no longer have to use multiple programs to track time, projects, PTO, etc.

Pros

My Hours streamlines the time clock system and allows you to track specific time spent on projects, vacation time, etc. This has saved us so much time and money!

Cons

Nothing, very easy to use. We have had no complaints or issues us all with this amazingly helpful program

Sarah from Virtual Assistant

Virtual Assistants - you need this!

Overall, I absolutely love Myhours. I stumbled across it when I really needed this quality product. I recommend it for any freelancer, entrepreneur, or just anyone needing to track their own hours based on different clients and/or projects. Totally easy to use. Super useful & insightful when you look at the graph feature.

Pros

The ease of use with Myhours is beyond great. Since I constantly need to track my hours for different tasks it's critical for my entrepreneur business model. It's easy to export & send to my clients with notes on what I was working on during each project, etc.

Cons

The only thing I would say is that sometimes when I export the time spreadsheet I get different amounts for billable time. But that is most likely because of the seconds structure. The other thing is ease of editing a time once it's on the track spreadsheet. You use to be able to go into the track screen & then edit from there but now you have to go to the calendar and select the date you need to edit. Just more time consuming.

Donna from Donna D. Ferrier, CPA

My Hours is a user friendly and cost effective time management tool

My Hours allows may and my staff to efficiently track our time on client files so that we can bill accurately, no missed time results in higher profits. Overall my experience with the programs has been good.

Pros

The cost of the program is reasonable & user friendly, as a new business owner of a small firm that is important to me & learning curve for me and my staff was reasonable. The staff at My Hours responds to questions in a timely manner and are continually updating the program. Basically, the software satisfies my time management & project management needs. Exporting to Excel or as PDF is a plus.

Cons

The invoice look could be more professional, I do not use the invoices produced in the software. When requesting a longer time frame in the Activity Report it does take a time to load.

ISADORA from Advertising

Industry: Online Media

Simple, easy and perfect for my working needs

Using My Hours I don't have to lose my time on organizing my report of billing hours in the end of the month - just need to press the export button and it is done. Looks very professional. I also enjoy using the software because it is very simple and functional.

Pros

My Hours is super easy to use. Its interface is very intuitive, I could easily understand how to create projects, tasks and log my time. Also, it generates a nice graphic to visualize how are my hours for the month and creates a beautiful (but simple) report to deliver to my clients.

Cons

Since I use the free account, I'm very satisfied with the service. But the only thing I think would be nice to have in the free account is the possibility to add a manager or supervisor that could check my hours without me sending them. So the only thing I don't like is that I am alone in the platform and cannot add a someone to overview my tasks/hours.

Response from Spica

Replied July 2019

Hi Isadora, Thank you for your valuable feedback! We are glad you are satisfied with My Hours functionalities. The possibility to share your data with a manager is available in the PRO version which supports teams. In the future, we will also be adding a feature that will let our users share data with their clients easily. All the best, My Hours Team

Jeanette from JenEric Enterprises, LLC

Industry: Online Media

Perfect for my small business!

My Hours has made invoicing my clients & managing my time blissfully simple. It does what I need it to and doesn't have a bunch of stuff that I don't need. Love it!

Pros

I love the versatility of My Hours, and it makes sending out my monthly invoices a breeze! My setup is just for myself so I've kept it simple, but you can add functionality for multiple employees and My Hours would keep up. Simple to set up and edit clients and tasks. Most of my clients are small business owners themselves, and I only work part-time for some of them. If I'm not working for them at the moment, I can just archive their projects to keep my workspace uncluttered. I love that it's web-based so I can access it from any computer if something unexpected comes up. I can't imagine working without it.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about My Hours.

Harriette from Yeidel Risk Consulting, Ltd.

Quick and Easy to use

As a consultant, I need to track my hours, as well as track and report on the projects to which the time should be allocated. This product give me the basic tools I need and is very easy to use. I have not upgraded to the pro version because I am tracking only my own time and I do no invoicing from here.

Pros

The software is quick to get started, even without a lot of set up. As a solo consultant, that was a big advantage. Also, the ability to track hours in real time, and also to edit or create time reporting outside of the tracker was critical for me.

Cons

It's not as intuitive as I would have liked. I used it for quite a while without setting up the Client>Project>Task hierarchy, and when I went back to add it, had to poke around for the right screen to access the right info. One more thing: I wish the mobile app had more functionality than just a tracker.

Scott from McDade & Company

A perfect time tracker for a solo freelancer

I keep track of finances in Quickbooks. Formerly I used a PC version of Quickbooks, which had built-in job tracking and costing. Unfortunately, when I moved to a Mac system years ago I lost that functionality, and for a long time I tried to keep track of time hours and costs with a pen and paper, which I was never diligent enough to do regularly. The result was dozens or perhaps even hundreds of lost billable hours I'll never know. I looked into other time tracking software but they were either too expensive or too elaborate for my small marketing communications business. When I stumbled onto My Hours I found a comfortable, easy-to-use program that I could set up and start using immediately. I only bill a few hundred dollars a month as a semi-retired designer, but the price of the program is so low, and the maintenance so easy, that the cost is negligible. I know that My Hours can work for large teams of people in fairly large organizations; but it also works superbly for the smallest of businesses, like mine.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive interface, and low cost. The program has tremendous depth including more report functions than I could imagine ever needing. But it's simple and straightforward enough to work for me, a solo freelancer with only occasional jobs to track.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about it.