What are My Hours users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using My Hours software through verified user reviews

• icon"The ease of creating new projects and the ease to track my work on each project."
  • icon"Easy to maintain control on activities and TS entry, very easy to upload from excel the TS. Native integration to download files in Excel format."
  • icon"Very logical, great user interface, easy to learn, and great reporting."
  • icon"Sometimes, you cannot log in and therefore, you miss out the hourly recording and have to think later where hour was spent."
  • icon"Last time I used their mobile app, it was so awful that I had to stop using it."
  • icon"When editing each daily clock in, it was a bit confusing as to what was what. Several different ways to add titles that confused me."

Browse all My Hours Reviews

• Have you used My Hours and would like to share your experience with others?

Kate

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

A great tool for time tracking!

Kim

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

MyHours - great way to track my time

Great way to help me prepare my invoices for clients

Pros

It is really easy to set up. Day to day it works great! And I love that it is free - for 1 person and not a team to use, the free version makes the most sense.

Cons

They often upgrade things and then I have to figure out what the changes are Sometimes the changes are not for the best.

Reasons for choosing My Hours

I thought My Hours was the simplest to use and had just the features I needed.

Reasons for switching to My Hours

It was very cumbersome to use spreadsheets. Going to MyHours was the best decision I made for my business.

Nadege

Industry: Executive Office

If you don't need integration with an external app, this is the best time tracker I've seen

Response time of MyHours is amazing. You click, it starts. Some other software are simply too slow to process information or start tasks and I'm always wondering if the task timer has started or not. Also, this UI actually incites you to take notes which is never something you do naturally because, at that moment, you KNOW what you are working on. However, two months down the line, when the client says "what is this 4h30 log there ??", you can respond clearly "Oh you called me and you procrastinated for hours before making a decision, that's why it took so long dude !" :))

Pros

- Its user interface is pretty, fast-reacting, intuitive. It takes no time to understand how it works. - You can assign the same task to various projects, which is pretty cool : the fact that I have several projects where the same tasks apply (I manage a client's clients and for each of them, I have translations, website audit, profile analysis to do... So it's great to create the task once and for all and assign it to each sub-client). - With the invoicing feature, you can see immediately what's been invoiced, what's to be invoiced. As a freelancer, this is great as you don't necessarily invoice all your clients at the end of a month. Some yes, but some are invoiced at the end of a project. No looking around, exports, calculations, to see who needs to be invoiced. - Because of how it's set up, unless you are really not focused, it's pretty impossible to have logs that don't correspond to a project and a client. My previous time tracking softwares were leaving me with unidentified logs that kept me wondering for hours on what project / task I worked three weeks ago, at 1.21am !! :) I ended up deleting logs because I had no clue if it was a mistake or a real work log... - You can set up hourly rates per task or per project or per team member. That comes in handy because, in my case, I have different clients that I charge differently. And within the same client, I also have different rates depending on the project. - Pricing is spot on.

Cons

Liking "least" is not how I would define it... I would say there is room for improvement in a couple of areas that are, right now, not critical for me (but might be for others): - No integration (that I know of) with productivity software / project management software (Asana, Basecamp, Monday, Slack, Airtable, etc...). For some, it will prove a bit wasteful to have tasks in those apps and to have to repeat them in MyHours. - Filtering is limited. For example, I have two clients that are close partners and even though I invoice them separately, projects are intertwined. I need to group those two clients together when I report and analyze time spent on projects. Right now, I can only filter one client at a time and I would appreciate filter where you can multiple select. - Like all time trackers I know, MyHours also doesn't provide a really great to have feature : providing a read only view for clients of logs applying to them. For example, one of my clients for whom I work on a daily basis needs to know my "count" for the month at any given time, so he knows if he can give me more work or not, since we are on an hours package basis... Having a permanent URL where he can check on his own where I'm at and what I've worked on and how long would avoid time wasted for him asking me and time wasted for me telling him :)

Reasons for choosing My Hours

I imported my logs into Harvest but there was a mistake with the date format and all ended up being a mess. I wanted to delete all those old logs and re-import and was never able to do that, even with admin rights. I suppose it's possible to do it, I guess, but after 30 minutes of looking in vain, I thought that it was a pretty bad start so I decided to give up and look for something else. Glad I did, that's how I found MyHours !

Reasons for switching to My Hours

I had a lot of logs without clients, without projects and I wouldn't be warned until I was doing my invoicing and couldn't remember what I was doing. Lately the product became very unstable and I wasted hours just trying to start tracking and ended up tracking on my book with a pen... Frustrating. Overall, Tracking Time had way more filtering options where you could end up producing any report of any data, which was really cool but, at the end of the day, what you need is a very reactive time tracking software, which it was no longer.

Response from Spica

Hi Nadege, thank you so much for your kind review. Below are my short comments: 1. We are indeed slow on the integrations part. Will improve on this front very soon. 2. You can, in fact, select multiple projects or clients in reports. Maybe it is not straightforward enough. Please, contact support to learn how. 3. Shared reporting would make total sense, thanks. Thank you for your suggestions and kind words. Miha My Hours Team

Bob

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great lightweight utility for tracking time

As a small business with only a handful of clients, it's vitally important for me to know how much time I'm actually spending on a project. I've tried various time-tracking tools and My Hours is, by far, the best value of the bunch: Just the right amount of functionality without too many complications, and at a fair cost. I've recommended it to others on several occasions.

Pros

My Hours is an affordable, simple system to track time for anyone or any organization that works by the hour. I started with it as an individual and it was a great tool for helping me improve my estimates and increase profitability of the work I took on. I've since expanded it to a small team, and it's my main resource for time management and substantiating client invoices.

Cons

There are a few issues, such as the selector window shuts down when you reach the bottom of a list - so if you're just a little bit heavy on the mouse and miss the right moment to click, you end up having to go back and re-select the client/project etc. Also, a recent change in the way reports work has forced me to change the way I do billing. I find it frustrating but no more so than the unanticipated changes every online service provider makes from time to time.

Lilian

Industry: Executive Office

Best Value for Money

I find that it's much easier to provide a time sheet to my client, and I like the layout and the reporting function of My Hours. I'm now considering to upgrade my free plan so I can utilise the time budget feature.

Pros

There is so much value in the Free plan. It's easy to use, and I like the layout.

Cons

I would love a desktop app for Mac please. Sometimes I forget to stop the timer on the browser. I'm afraid I don't like using the app on my phone as I find my phone distracting when I'm at work so rather not have to touch the phone.

Reasons for choosing My Hours

It was Free, and had all the features I wanted in the Free plan, and I like the layout.

Reasons for switching to My Hours

Toggle was the first time tracking software I used. I didn't quite like the layout for some reason. Having tried out MyHours.. I made the switch when I wanted to send out monthly time sheets to my client.

Richard

Time will tell.

I use MyHours every day. It keeps me sane. It stops we overworking or underworking. It also gives me the power to assess individual areas of my business, life, and projects so I can fine tune and not live in la la land when it comes to understanding how long creative projects (and non-creative for that matter) actually take. Critical when it comes to pricing projects and determining the right fee level.

Pros

You can copy from the previous week so you don't have to rebuild your timesheet. You can see your whole week spread of projects, tasks, and time and edit the whole lot with an overview of everything.

Cons

That it didn't have this until recently! You can see your whole week spread of projects, tasks, and time and edit the whole lot with an overview of everything.

Reasons for choosing My Hours

Price. MyHours is much better value overall.

Reasons for switching to My Hours

I was cost-cutting and bootstrapping a new business and wanted a simple entry-level way to keep track. MyHours offered that and then some.

Barbara

My Hours has the functionality I need and is easy to use.

Very good experience. On the rare occasion I have asked for customer support I've been pleased with the responsiveness. I feel that the subscription is very well priced. I signed up for the paid PRO version. Really pleased with the functionality. Though for a period I did not need the invoicing feature, so it was an added bonus that I could switch to the free version for just tracking hours, and my history was retained.

Pros

I like that I can track by project and then different ways within the project. I choose hours. Then I can pull a summary as well as generate an invoice. Very easy and clean and very cost effective.

Cons

If I had to pick something, first I'll preface by saying in no way is this a deal breaker. But the calendar starts with Monday, instead of the US calendar view I am more familiar with which starts on Sunday.

Reasons for choosing My Hours

I tested all three before finalizing my choice. I needed something very specific: 1) track my hours, 2) pull hours reports and 3) invoice the client. MyHours does that for me. Getapp was not as user friendly as MyHours. QuickBooks had additional functionality that was not necessary for my needs.

Stephanie L.

Best Hourly Software for Virtual Assistants

I often work on projects that are paid by the hour and I use My Hours to time myself as I work. It's so easy to customize to each project!

Pros

With a virtual career, I often need to track my hours when working. I have been through several different types of time management software and only My Hours has worked for my needs. It's customizable for my business and its interface works seamlessly between all my pieces of technology. I really like how easy it is to pull reports from the Dashboard when I need to submit my hours to the company.

Cons

There is only one feature missing from the software that I have determined after using it for almost a year. When a report is pulled up, I would like to be able to click to a certain day on the graph. Right now the bar graphs are not hyperlinked to the actual working hours.

Reasons for choosing My Hours

My Hours was much more flexible in customizing my account. I work on multiple projects with different descriptions and hourly rates.

Reasons for switching to My Hours

TimeCamp's options became limited to me when I tried to set up different projects with different hourly rates. It seemed very one dimensional for my needs.

A long-term solution

Pros

I really enjoy the various views this system provides. It is important to break down the same information in different ways to help explain to contractors, employees, and vendors.

Cons

I do wish it was easier to back-date time entries.

Reasons for choosing My Hours

I prefer the interface. It is less busy and straightforward.

Carl

The best time tracking software for Consultants & Freelancers

Accurate time tracking, budget review and reporting is essential for the business and our clients.

Pros

Ease of use and customizable to suit my business, agility to jump in and out of multiple projects and clients during the day, and the ability to export reports to MS Excel.

Cons

Nothing, it does everything I need and more.

Reasons for choosing My Hours

User friendly and met all the requirements I needed in a time tracking software

Reasons for switching to My Hours

Product was no longer supported and eventually became outdated and unusable.

Andreea

April 2022

Easy to use& useful

Pros

I love the tool as it helps me to track time on different projects. It is easy to use and has a friendly user interface.

Cons

Nothing to add on what I do not like about the tool.

Flexible and reliable time tracking for multiple projects

Overall I find it easy to log in to MyHours at the start of my work day and to jump between tasks. I rely on the reporting to complete my company monthly timesheet which insists on me entering a % of my time spent on each project and task.

Pros

- Easy to start and stop time recording - Ability to continue tracking time of tasks from earlier in the day or week - ability to report the % of my monthly time spent at both project and task level

Cons

- in Dashboard report, no way to display a column for % time for tasks inside each project. (I have requested this feature multiple times but you are ignoring me!) The dashboard bar charts DO show % but the table below listing tasks and projects does not and cannot be customized. My employer needs % time use on each task, and currently I need to manually calculate! - in the latest UI, the 'Start new' button starts recording time against an 'empty' record. I am forced to open it and add details. What I want it to do is exactly the same as the '+ Add time log' button. That is, open the editor for me to enter Project, task, etc, and only start recording time when I click the blue 'Add time log' button. - - in the latest UI, when I '+ Add time log' , I want the editor to close immediately after I click the blue 'Add time log' button, to save space of the screen. (It is unlikely users want to add multiple time logs one after the other.) - in the latest UI, the blue 'Add time log' button (below the editor) should be renamed "Add and Start" to make it obvious that time recording will start. - the 'Favorite log' feature is non-intuitive and clunky. Suggest adding a simple 'star' icon to each task which I can click to make it a favorite. OR on the Edit time log dialog, add a 'star' icon I can click - when I 'Add a favourite time log', I want the editor to close immediately, to save space of the screen. (It is unlikely users want to add multiple favorites one after the other.)

Reasons for switching to My Hours

Needed a cloud based system

Brian

Flexible, Simple Time tracking

As a freelancer, my ongoing success depends on my ability to get paid for my work. As such, an accurate and flexible time tracking software is quite possibly the most critical software function in my business. I cannot accurately bill my clients without it. My Hours does everything I need it to do, and is in an easy to use and functional format with a clean, uncluttered interface. It's become an indispensable tool for me.

Pros

There was very little learning curve. I had changed to My Hours from an old tracking software from another vendor (which I had used for many years) and was initially concerned that I would lose productivity when switching to the new software. But I was wrong. I was up and running in less than an hour. Once I got it running, I quickly realized that it was more flexible than the old software I had been using and would enable me to do everything I was accustomed to doing with the old software but with none of the problems that drove me to change. It's been a painless and seamless change to using My Hours.

Cons

At first the user interface took some getting used to, and some of the features were in unfamiliar or unintuitive places, but that quickly became a non-issue for me. And the company is always making incremental improvements.

Reasons for switching to My Hours

The product I was using for years (MacFreelance) had been sunsetted and was no longer supported with my operating system. So I was forced to find a new solution.

Jeannie

Best time tracker for solopreneurs!

Absolutely love My Hours & have for years! I am a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and have a free TSheets account, and have used many different time trackers over the years, I prefer My Hours. If I had a team I might need the features of TSheets, but since it's just me, My Hours is perfect, and free. I love the simplicity and it gives me everything I need. Love the dashboard that shows me my average billable hours per day, and my average hourly rate. I've set up projects/tasks for unbillable time as well as billable, so the dashboard is invaluable in showing me how productive my time is.

Pros

Free version has everything I need without a bunch of things I don't. Love the dashboard!

Cons

Can't remove unused columns, such as status & invoiced, from activity report

Free, and ease of use

Reasons for switching to My Hours

TSheets is overkill for what I need & complicated to use. I love the simplicity of My Hours, and even the free version has everything I need.

Kristen

Excellent and robust even as a free service

This has allowed me to keep detailed billing records for a handful of my freelance clients. There is so much flexibility that I could easily use it even for flat fee projects. It is simple to set up and almost mindless to use, yet it feels very robust. I've never felt a feature is missing. After trying countless competitors, including some very expensive industry software, I'm still convinced this is the best choice. And as my business grows, there's plenty of room to upgrade and expand the uses. Also, and importantly, customer service is wonderful. One weekend, I stupidly locked myself out of my account but changing the email address to one I no longer use or have access to. I still don't know what I did, but CS responded within hours. They found my account even though none of the info I'd provided was accurate. They completely saved my weekend! And they didn't even make fun of me for the mistake! Through all my experiences, I've become a huge fan of My Hours. I'm happy to talk to anyone who is considering it.

Pros

This software is simple to set up and use. I don't waste any time setting up a new project. Once I've entered the client, I just start timing and go. I usually use the free version. I don't do a lot of hourly billing in my freelance career. So, I track projects and then add up the hours to create my own invoices in WorD. This service allows me to keep permanent detailed records, and my clients know they can ask for the information if they want to review how I spend my time. If I take on more than the small handful of clients I currently have, I plan to upgrade to a paid account so I am able to generate invoices and have more clients. But for a basic user, this is the best service I've found. And I've tried them all. Note, I used to be an attorney in a small practice. I would have used this constantly in my billing had I known about it.

Cons

I sometimes forget to hit start or stop because there is no window hovering over my workspace. Other than that, I honestly have no complaints. It suits my needs perfectly.

Response from Spica

Dear Kristen, Thank you very much for your positive review. We are very happy to hear our service is valuable to you and that our support was able to save your weekend :) All the best, The My Hours Team

Replied August 2017

Melanie

Some very good bits & 1 or 2 niggles

Our old time recording system ceased to be supported so we had to find a new one. We looked at lots of alternatives and ran a new one for almost a year but it was dreadful. Lots of systems want to manage your whole practice rather than just log time so finding My Hours was a real relief. We run it alongside Xero and our CRM both of which we didn’t want to change. Apart from niggles as above this has been a great system for us.

Pros

It’s great to be able to log time as you work, whether in the office or in the move. I’m sure being easy to do so means we capture more chargeable hours than we did using our old (very annoying) system.

Cons

Overall this is a great product but I have a few niggles which I hope might get sorted out. I don’t like that time is logged to the second rather than whole minutes or nearest 5 minutes - it makes us look money grabbing. Not being able to set up a new chargeable project without having to go into a more detailed screen is annoying and no longer having a link back to the time record from a time report is slowing us down. I don’t like the time report layout as you have to look for the client name and project name - our old original system included a header with this detail which made for better client presentation.

Reasons for choosing My Hours

Ease of time entry; stopwatch based; easy to see unbilled time; easy to start work on a new project (although we do have a niggle here), good value, Cloud based, free trial so you can have a taste of what you’re getting.0

Reasons for switching to My Hours

Really illogical and time consuming to use - entering time was a nuisance - we grew to hate it. We made the decision to move everything on to the Cloud and the version we used was a download product - their cloud solution was hugely expensive as we only wanted to record time. All in all we decided it just wasn’t the right system for us.

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

great fit for a great price

assisting greatly with our monthly invoicing and monitoring of staffs productivity

Pros

Usually time recording systems, when geared at accountants and solicitors, cost a fortune. This product is simple, and cost effective and has helped us increase our billing by approximately 10 - 15% percent each month, which far outweighs the cost. It helps us identify fixed fee clients who need a review as their business has expanded and the reports from my hours can be used to assist with justification of increases,

Cons

Up until recently, the exporting of large volume of data was very slow, and frequently crashed the system, however the way the reports are prepared has changed and is now working super. e.g. show me all time spent on a client for the last 12 month by all staff.

cost

Reasons for switching to My Hours

Excel became too cumbersome as our company was growing year on year,

Response from Spica

Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! It is very exciting to hear that My Hours has helped you increase your billing by 10 - 15%, this is awesome! Thank you for your feedback on the speed of reporting as well, we are glad that the changes were this effective. All the best, My Hours Team

Anna

Even the free version is excellent

The free version is easy to navigate and lets me track all my hours and export them into an attractive, well organized spreadsheet.

Pros

I've used the free version to track my hours for four years and have found it very helpful. I can easily split my time among various tasks - and then bill appropriately. The interface is self explanatory. Sometimes I start the clock to record in real time. Sometimes I go back and enter past work. I run a report at the end of the week and download my hours to send to my respective employers. It's all very easy to operate.

Cons

I haven't found a way to reallocate past time by combining tasks.

Reasons for switching to My Hours

Previously, I was manually recording my hours. It took more time and energy, especially when assigning my time to different tasks. MyHours streamlined the process and made recording in real time easy with just a few clicks.

Vicke

Great product for contractors

I used this as a free product for several years. That is something that My Hours makes possible for contractors like me. However, last year they ran a good deal and I decided the product was worth paying for. It would be good if there was a tiered pricing system so that sole contractors purchase the product for much less than a larger company that uses all the features.

Pros

As a sole-proprietor contractor who has a fixed fee per job rather than per hour, I do not use a tenth of the capability of this product. However, part of my license requirements is to keep a log of my time by assignment. This product makes that easy. I can set up multiple projects with multiple clients in just a few minutes. And managing my time recording for multiple projects a day is simple. I'd also like to commend this product for continuous advancements in capability and ease of use.

Cons

There are a few things that I either don't understand or don't work exactly like I think they will. For example, I would like my preplanned task list to show up in a specific order when I set up a new project, but I couldn't figure out how to get them in the order I wanted them. I should just contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT], because the few times I've needed help she has always managed to get me sorted out.

Reasons for switching to My Hours

The previous system was also free for contractors, but it was very simple and didn't have near the capabilty of My Hours.

CHERI

Could not do my job without MyHours

My Hours saves me a ton of time tracking projects (I used to do it manually). And because I'm a one person show, cost is a big factor...free for me is great.

Pros

I'm a freelance graphic designer so I don't need to worry about a team of people, but I do need an easy and inexpensive way to keep track of my time by project. My Hours makes it easy to assign multiple tasks to multiple projects. I also like that I can organize reports by client or project. I use the free version and it's great. I also like that I can edit my time if needed (ie, I forget to start or stop the clock).

Cons

I often have the same task name for projects, but for different clients (ie, brand guidelines or datasheet). If I go in to create a new task, and it happens to have the same name as the task for another client, it says "task name already created" and I have to go to a different screen to enable this task to be assigned to the project I want. It would be easier if it just gave me a warning screen (like, "task name already exists, apply to this project anyway?").

Response from Spica

Hi Cheri, Thanks a lot for this valuable feedback, we appreciate your effort! Good to hear we could help you save some time! Hopefully, we will be able to save you another minute or two by implementing your suggestion in the future! :) Have a good day, My Hours Team

Dani

Industry: Environmental Services

Good f

I use Myhours even though I have changed jobs and work at a place that does have and require use of an official time keeping app. But I can't have a live clock going as I work. So I still use my hours as I go about the week to record time and then enter it into the other app

Pros

I started using Myhours when I worked in a small NGO that didn't have their own time management system. I found My hours accessible (I used it myself and wasn't paid for by the company so it was great that the free version had all the basic functions), and intuitive It was easy to create a new task if you needed to without spending a long time setting it up, it was convenient to just turn the clock on and off as you went and reporting functions were good as I could create an activity report and email it to payroll quickly..

Cons

Honestly I only have two things I didn't like. Firstly the occasional bugs where sometimes time doesn't get recorded or won't stop when I click on stop. But this hasn't happened in a while so that's good. The other is that It seems I can no longer get an activity report in excel format downloaded in the free version. I understand you want to limit the free version, but given that was available before I found it a bit inconvenient suddenly.

Generally excellent; Came closest to suiting my needs

My Hours is far-and-away the best fit I have found for my particular requirements. Competing products that I looked at were extremely bloated with inadequate task and project management. The interface is clean and functional and not weighted down with features I would never use. It is difficult to find a site (app?) for a given purpose that hasn't tried to be everything to everybody. My Hours has focused their attention on time logging and has done it extremely well (at least for my particular use case).

Pros

Time logging itself is extremely easy to use and the interface suits the way I want to use it well. Support is excellent and they always address my questions and suggestions in a very timely fashion. Their focus is on time logging and the service is not cluttered with features I will never use.

Cons

My work is predominately freelance. I get paid through quite a few different channels and frequently have to log my time again in other systems. My Hours is a little too designed towards being the inclusive source for invoicing. Generating reports of all time worked for a given client so that I can provide an activity report is a bit cumbersome and unfortunately, I do not completely trust their accuracy as filter options often reset themselves and there were issues early on when certain activity was excluded without it being clear that it was. To their credit though they have continually worked on the reports and they are much better.

Tohmm

Industry: Architecture & Planning

My Hours - You've Got My Back

My accounting and knowing where I am is much improved and it just feels much more professional and convincing when I can have a digital record. Support is *Awesome* as I said above. We are on different continents, and sometimes the time change gets in the way but it's never been a big deal. I used to do my timekeeping on paper for speed; then I was on a spreadsheet that a friend cooked up, but.. it was too convoluted and took too much time. This takes time as well but not as much and I find it more user-friendly.. Thanks..

Pros

I like that it's easy to use. Once you set it up, inputting project info, specific tasks, and hourly rates, you just need to open it up and go. I just list my projects alphabetically, so it's easy to enter in the project. I have a pretty complete list of tasks for each project, and of course the times are at your fingertips so all that info gets loaded in quickly and recorded. I love the fact that I can take the raw data and quickly get the month's hours and billable amounts right away. Also..support is awesome! Just sayin'...

Cons

There have been times when I couldn't figure out how to add a task to a project, but that's probably me and not the program. Small thing but if you are inputting info from say, two weeks ago, and you go to say reports for a second, then back to projects..it doesn't go back to the page two weeks ago, it goes to today's page. So you end up putting two weeks ago info on today's sheet if you are not careful. Easy to rectify by changing the date on 'edit' but still a pain..

Reasons for switching to My Hours

For the above noted reasons. More user friendly, I like the way that I can review and interpret data, how I can set up my own tasks and projects, and customize things. Haven't got all the way into the app yet but it's coming...

Bonnie

Great Project Tracking Software

When I started this position three years ago it was a brand new position. My manager wanted me to track the amount of time I spent on different projects so we could better define the role. I tried a few different things before I found My Hours, and I've been using it ever since. I love it! (And so does she! In our last meeting she said she wished everyone in the department kept track of their time with My Hours!)

Pros

The ability to keep track of the hours I spend on all the different projects I work on for my department.

Cons

The reports. When I print them as PDF the page sometimes breaks across the charts. I'd like to be able to set my own page breaks.

Reasons for switching to My Hours

My Hours is a much easier and quicker way to log hours on each project.

Response from Spica

Hi Bonnie, thank you for your kind review and valuable feedback. Thanks, My Hours Team

Veronica

Industry: Writing and Editing

I use the free version, and I love it

Because I work from home, I could not keep track of how much time I was actually putting in on the job. With constant interruptions from children, pets, and spouse, I felt that I was working 8 hours, but I was only getting about 2 hours work done. With this program, I was able to give my family a visual report about how much time I was actually getting to work at one time. Once they understood how their interruptions were interfering with my workday, they were more understanding of my time and started backing off during work hours.

Pros

I can track my hours according to client, project, and task. I can create reports based on days, weeks, or months or based on client, project, or task. If I need a report that I cannot figure out how to create, I can download all the data to my hard drive and fiddle with it in Excel. I love this software because I can do almost everything I need to do with a keyboard shortcut. My favorite thing, though, is the ease with which it tracks my hours and lets me know how much time I spent actually working today.

Cons

Some of the reports are difficult to figure out how to create, though I do usually get there eventually. Also, I don't have a way to sort according to the Notes, so I had to create separate tasks for each chapter, so I'd know how much time I was spending on specific chapters.

Reasons for switching to My Hours

I tried many different online time-trackers, and this one was the first that gave me what I needed.

My Hours