All Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus) Reviews

Still Early, but it’s solid

Armand

Information Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2020

My go to note taking app.

Very good so far. The team is super responsive, really cares about customer feedback. So far so good.

PROS

The editor is fast and enjoyable for daily use and collecting ideas to share them. Things that I love the most are : ** Embeds: practically everything can be embedded from Google Sheets, Docs, Pdfs, external Video Hosts, sound clips. The number of compatible services is huge. ** Formatting options are great ** Mobile + Desktop app are great ** Table is a nice addition ** Workspaces and folder organization is rich, great tagging system. ** Nimbus capture is great for clean cropped screenshots ** Custom domain (CNAME) **Night mode ** Shareable public link + URL shortener ** Image header with preview ** OCR for quick document scanning and upload to app

CONS

The capture process is sometimes painful. It's working great, but the flow/process is not as easy and fast as I wish it could with other tools. Like, I often go back to Apple Capture tools and paste the image into the last open note instead of using Nimbus capture because is so much easier. I wish this will be improved to be faster. Wish direct on-site editing was possible (ala pocket, reader mode) Few formatting issues while copy/paste from and to nimbus, for instance, copying a csv or excel table makes the web browser freeze. Note search could be really improved

Reason for choosing Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

price first and customer feedback second

Reasons for switching to Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

price and lack of innovation.

Hi Armand! Thanks for your feedback. We are going to release Nimbus Capture for desktop soon. It will offer more tools as the browser version has its limitations. Note search has been improved recently.

Reviewed March 2022

My favorite Personal Knowledge Management Tool

One of my best business investments! Besides the minor limitations on the formatting side and integration with calendars, it's a perfect tool for building your personal knowledge management system.

PROS

I'm a skill learning coach so this tool is essential for my business. I use NN to teach other people how to build a personal knowledge management system for their work and career in general. I love that I can also use my own domain for my notes and publicly publish things online for others to read.

CONS

Not synched with Google calendar. Poor formatting options for the Table block. Needs integration with Grammarly.

Reason for choosing Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

Aside from the pricing, it's the ability to brand your organization's notes by using the custom domain feature.

No domain branding.

Thank you for your honest feedback. We appreciate your valuable input. I will gladly forward your wish to our team for further review.

Yoselin

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Good free to use extension

Overall for a free and quick extension, I would definitely recommend it. It's easy to use, it's easy to generate a link of the screenshot or video recording so that you can share it with someone, and it's free! If you're looking for something free, simple, easy to use, and something quick for your work then this is definitely the tool that you need.

PROS

Nimbus has pretty much all of the features that you can imagine and need. I've been using Nimbus for work for quite a few years now and it has definitely helped to have a quick and free extension to record videos and take screenshots. With one simple click, you get a drop-down list with all of the features that they provide. It's very easy to use.

CONS

The only downside of this extension is that there are times where the tools get stuck? Also, you can't really take a proper screenshot if there are two scrollable fragments in a single page, and sometimes when I do manage to take a screenshot of a scrollable page when I upload it, it looks like it has been cut off or something. I'm not too sure if these are bugs but it can be a little bit inconvenient when having a lot of workloads.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, Yoselin! We always try to improve our app, so you could use it without any difficulties. Our team will take your feedback into account.

Replied August 2021

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Good Stuff

FuseBase has made it easier for us to keep track of all our different projects and deadlines. We're more organized now, and it's helped us work more smoothly. It's definitely made things a bit easier around here, especially when it comes to dealing with our clients' work.

PROS

I really like how FuseBase helps us keep our projects organized. It's pretty easy to use, which is great for everyone on the team. The customization is a nice touch – we can make it fit what we need. Also, it feels secure, which is important when we're handling client info.

CONS

All works pretty good, I am completely satisfied with it. Go team waiting for more features

Jakub

Online Media, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

Perfect for specific use cases, decent for the rest

I am slowly making a friendship with Nimbus. I've been Evernote user for years, both for personal and work-related tasks. I see how much Nimbus team did to meet the expecations, and in my case – they overdelivered, which is outstanding. I am more and more convinced to move all my notes from Evernote to Nimbus, and don't even look at Notion.

PROS

I love how it combines the feeling of a “standard” note (like in Evernote) with enhanced, modern features (like in Notion). That's exactly something I was looking for. And I love tables!

CONS

I am not yet fully convinced that Nimbus is a piece of software that will last and will be developed for many years to come. That trust is crucial for a note-taking tool that I want to rely on every day. That's not a weakness, just a tiny thing that makes me careful for now and not allow me to entirely jump in.

Reason for choosing Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

They have lots of useful features, but I need something bot for advanced documents (which Notion is perfect for), and for simple writing – long forms, thoughts, and jots. Notion doesn't feel like a notebook, so it didn't convince me enough.

Curiosity and annoying Evernote bugs

Hi Jakub! Thanks for your review. We understand your concern, Nimbus is on market since 2015 and we are growing and becoming even more stable, so jump in and welcome onboard.

1 employee

Reviewed July 2020

Nimbus is great for small teams and individual users. Prefer over more well known options.

My experience has been enjoyable. The bugs get resolved in decent time, so the product quality is maintained.

PROS

Great for management of notes and links . You can keep Nimbus synced near-realtime on most mobileOS phone/tablets, and most DesktopOS computers, and of course online . The organization features by category / tag / folder & subfolder hierarchically / search / etc. are pretty good. Better than Evernote for my purposes - since it is useful to maintain interim clippings from various sources, on the web or otherwise. The OCR function works pretty well in the languages I have tried thus far.

CONS

There should be better screenshot ability, like CloudApp. Being able to create short clips and gif files from recordings would be nice. The tables and spreadsheet features are simplistic. They should offer integrations to reference management tools. They should experiment integrating the Signal protocol, so that their cloud storage doesn’t necessarily need to be utilized for some of the ‘partitions’ of the notes. Some of these are not cons per say, but they would make Nimbus have a better differentiation versus their competitor vendors.

Reason for choosing Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

I choose it because they met most of my requirements and they had what appeared to me as a roadmap that meant they would be here for the very long run, and not shutter down.

Please check our updates apps - Nimbus Capture allows to record videos in GIF format. Also, we launched a new editor which has advanced tables and databases. You can check the details at https://nimbusweb.me/feature-note-editor.php

Reviewed December 2020

Excellent easy to use powerful product

Everything is tidy, organised, easy to find and just a breath of fresh air!

PROS

We relied on Google Docs for all our document sharing and collaboration which works great, but it's not a tidy interface and grouping content into folders was never elegant. We ended up with 1000's of scattered documents, some shared correctly, others set to all. There was also never a place to keep private notes accessible. With Nimbus we split Design Team, Development Team, Private Notes and Company-Wide notes and using the desktop app this is so quick and easy to do. Embedded PDF's are a god send as this is where things get messy with Google Docs. Can see Nimbus becoming our one source of truth for all comms and documentation for sure. A great product at a great price and very low learning curve. Support is efficient and prompt so any questions are answered quickly.

CONS

No real issues at all from my experience. Everything is relatively self-explanatory. Even if you wanted to use this as your own private place for notes, you'll get working in minutes.

Reason for choosing Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

Evertnote is good, but it seemed too heavy. Nimbus's desktop and mobile app, as well as web versions feel very lightweight.

To make things easier

Thanks a lot for your review. Glad to assist you in the organization of your information.

Alberto

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

More useful than you could ever imagine.

The best NOTES platform out there. Better than Evernote, which has been stagnant. Nimbus helps you note down everything without being lost in all the notes because of its organized and structured nature. You can unclutter your mind and prioritize your focus. It also has many valuable features that are not usually in a "Notes" app, but they are!

PROS

It has so many valuable features. And they can also be used with its chrome extensions. Being able to embed practically anything into my notes has been so convenient. The mobile app helps a lot too. It's way better than my native notes app and other paid services. Better note taking, better ease of use, better notes management, Papa John's.

CONS

Needs integration with Grammarly. UI can still be improved for better note-taking and while on a smaller window.

Reasons for switching to Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

Evernote has stayed stagnant while Nimbus kept innovating and adding more useful features.

Manu

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Easy and powerful

PROS

I am a former Evernote user and what I love most about Nimbus is the ability to create workspaces. I now have a dedicated space for each of my clients and I can share it with them without them being able to see the rest of the notes. The screen capture, text or video recording tools are incredibly powerful too and offer options that have become indispensable to me (being able to capture a web page in its entirety and not just the part visible on the screen for example). The price/performance ratio is just incredible. I also love the ability to integrate external elements into a note as "Embed". I use it for Teleportme and for my google docs.

CONS

What annoys me a little is the slowness and lack of precision of the research. The passage from one workspace to another is sometimes a little slow too. But i am pretty sure the team will improve this soon.

Reasons for switching to Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

More option and better price. The workspaces also that allow me to separate and share my notes with customers

Hi Manu! Thanks for your support. We are constantly improving the speed, so stay tuned!

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam

Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Makes life easier, able to take notes anywhere!

After switching from Evernote, i did not have to regret for once, they provide everything i can expect, their customer support is very up to date, easy interface, awesome data management and many more,

PROS

As a civil engineer, i need to collect many information, sometimes its very hard to use different kinds of note book, Previously i was using evernote, after switching to Nimbus note, I can easily create my notes and organize them as my choice. I am able to find my docs , anytime. From anywhere! their customer support is awesome.

CONS

i really don't have any big complain about Nimbus note, They Are Continuously improving themselves, they need to work on syncing , i hope they can make better workplace experience for us.

Reasons for switching to Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

sometimes Evernote freeze, so after reading some review , i want to check out, guess what, i did not have to regrets about my decision.

Thank you, Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam! We're very happy you enjoy using Nimbus. We're doing our best to add new and useful features and are constantly working on improving the existing functionality. The opinions of our users are valuable to us.

Replied August 2021

Asif

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2021

Don't Overlook this Feature Rich & Affordable Product

Nimbus Notes is a feature rich not taking app, that goes far beyond its simple note taking feature. It is well supported and the team continue to bring out new features.

PROS

Lots of features. With few restrictions . Multiple projects and easy to collaborate.

CONS

From a styling side of things, it can look a little cheap. I particularly don't care much for the emojis , . It

Reason for choosing Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

Turning noted into tasks .

Reasons for switching to Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

Great value and the ability to turn notes & checklists into tasks. Plus ability to create a web page from a note.

Hi! Thank you for estimating our app so high! It brings us joy that you like using it!

Agustín

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Friendly companion to compile and take notes when doing a research project

PROS

What I like the most is the possibility to save a step when sharing informationwith my team. Before Nimbus, when working in a team project at the moment of sharing the most relevant findings of the last period of work, I ended up making a power point with the information compiled with several other apps. Now I connect to my Nimbus and wat is my notes is what I share directly. The possibility to convert this presentation into a video is another nice feature!

CONS

I am sorry but at this moment I am not able to identify what I liked the least.... Seems to me a very reasonable solution to my needs

Reasons for switching to Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

Display of information and possibility to organise it by blocks

Hi there, thank you for your kind words! We're very happy you enjoy using Nimbus. We're doing our best to add new and useful features and are constantly working on improving the existing functionality.

Frank

Entertainment, 1 employee

The only alternative to Evernote

Good replacement for Evernote and very easy to switch from Evernote to Nimbus because of the good import function.

PROS

- easy import of Evernote enex files - Nested folders/structure - great support for embedding websites - formatting features of the editor like tables or inline images/documents - a lot new features are in the pipeline, so the app is constantly improved

CONS

- Synchronization sometimes a bit slow - some (but not critical) bugs like a not correct scaling of PDFs in the viewer - no drag & drop support to drag documents directly to the app

Reasons for switching to Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

- Horrible app since version 10 with a lot of removed features - very slow development and adding of new features - expensive

Hi Frank! Thank you for your review. We are working on speed and sync improvements. Please feel free to add your suggestions using the form https://support.nimbusweb.co/portal/newticket

Grace

Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Great for documents on the go

I use Nimbus note to capture ideas and notes in a place where I can access them from the computer later. I'll collect notes all day in one file, meeting notes in another, project requests from clients in another. It's just convenient and easy to use Nimbus as a personal assistant.

PROS

I love that I can use Nimbus to record my thoughts from voice when driving, text when I'm sitting bored in a meeting and need to be quiet, by image when something inspires me, and even handwriting if I'm short on time to write on a tiny keyboard. It's awesome that I can take all those thoughts, link them together, and then access it from the computer when I get back to the office.

CONS

I had trouble with the block layout when they first went to it. I was used to the standard entry method, then they made it look and feel like Medium -- which I can say I was never a fan of -- just like Wordpress did. It's not as intuitive to switch in the middle. Even though I'm used to it, I don't feel like I use it very efficiently. Another thing I wish I could do with Nimbus is integrate it into Rocketbook.

Reasons for switching to Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

Because I wanted to try something new.

Thanks for your review, Grace. We are happy that Nimbus Note became your knowledgebase. We got a lot of positive feedback regarding the editor but we agree that sometimes users prefer standard editors with the visible panel. But still, despite the fact it can be unusual to use, it has a lot of advantages like blocks, columns, embeds, tables, and much more. Also, we will be happy to integrate Rocketbook, but unfortunately, they still don't provide API, once they will provide it open-sourcely, we will try our best to add it to our huge list of integrations.

Sandy

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

My prettier replacement for Evernote

It took me a long time to migrate from Evernote just because I was so used to it and didn't want to change. However, I could only use Evernote on 2 of my devices unless I upgraded and it nagged me so much about it that I was "over it" and ready to move. I played around with Notion and I do like it (I have the free plan) but I really only wanted a Note taking app that was simple, could be my 2nd brain, and be available to access over all my apps. Nimbus is becoming my new favorite notes app. Bye Evernote!

PROS

I was able to snag a lifetime deal to Nimbus Note so I bought it without really knowing much about it other than it was an alternative to Evernote. It is very similar (like almost the same navigation on the left side that I am used to) but in general, I like the interface much better. It uses more colors and I LOVE to color-code everything! I like that I can customize it a little (for example, I can create "buttons" or progress bars). I've really enjoyed looking through the templates for things like to-do lists or meeting minutes so I'll be using this more for team or client meetings.

CONS

The only thing that puts Notion above Nimbus for me is that because Notion has an absolutely rabid fan base I can find TONS of useful tutorials and tips vs much less for Nimbus. However, I didn't find it too hard to learn because it was similar enough to Evernote. It doesn't have nearly the amount of advanced features as Notion but it does have everything I will realistically use and there may be other features down the road.

Hi there, Thank you for your kind words! We're very happy you enjoy using Nimbus. We're doing our best to add new and useful features and are constantly working on improving the existing functionality.

Replied August 2023

Reviewed September 2020

Better & Cheaper than EverBloat

PROS

I used Evernote(bloat) for 4 years and it became more & more expensive and bloated and slow. It was wildly different on every platform. Nimbus is much cheaper, faster and has one key feature that Evernote doesn't have... folders within folders. This makes Nimbus soooo much better for organizing my +1,000 notes.

CONS

The tables in Nimbus are pretty basic. I wish they would add some additional functions like summing a column of numbers.

Thanks for switching to Nimbus Note. Great that you enjoy the structure of folders and subfolders. Re?ently we added basic summing for the columns. Also, we plan to add filtering and simple formulae support. Please, share your thoughts and suggestions regarding summing and other functions you would like to use in Nimbus Note tables - use our email team@nimbusweb.co.

Venita

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Keeping our customers in the loop!

Overall I am very satisfied with this tool. I used to use another tool similar but they continued to crash or request upgrading to continue with the same functions I had become accustomed to. Nimbus has been very reliable and I often suggest it to my clients.

PROS

This tool is very useful in my everyday campaign management. I use it to keep track of my projects and their successful outcomes can easily be shared with my clients. Also love that I can use it in incognito to search for results in any location, very helpful with clients across the USA and Canada.

CONS

Honestly, I have not found any part of the tool to be hard to learn or teach someone else how to install and use.

Reason for choosing Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

Nimbus offers a variety of options to manage projects and workflow. I have only used one other product so I cannot actually compare many others.

Reasons for switching to Fusebase (Formerly Nimbus)

The other product kept making enhancements and wanted you to upgrade or lose some of the features you were already using. They also did not provide as many features but I was not aware of that until I researched competitors and found Nimbus.

Hello, Venita! Thanks for sharing your rating with us and the community! We'll continue working hard to make every interaction with our Nimbus Platform exceptional and memorable.

Replied November 2023