• Pros

• "Easy to use Easy billing module Easy to integrate new employees"

• "- Easy registration of hours - Nice and good working app - Easy reporting of spent hours on a project - Several export options to excel, pdf etc. "

• "Perfect for invoicing, project management. Excellent user interface "

• Cons

• "No option for recurring expenses which would help keep on top of regular outgoings - but this apparently in the works"

• "It has some things to improve on visual aspect, but surely it will go by slowly. Also its overall appearance is very good."

• "to paid in US$ when im a canadian but is good"

Browse Nutcache Reviews

Briana from BTW Creative Inc.

Everything I need & always improving

I started as a free user, but as Nutcache transitioned to a paid service, I went along and have never looked back. Each time I need to set up a new project or client I am impressed by how easy it is. There are an ever-growing number of features that I rarely or never use, but even simply the time tracking, client management and invoicing parts make this software worth it for me. And as my business grows, I know that Nutcache has the tools to support me.

Pros

It's time tracking functionality is really great: I can track and see at a glance the time I've spent on multiple clients/projects. It is effortless to create an invoice using either time logged or a set amount (or a combination). It is simple to edit anything, and the Nutcache team is always making small improvements with every update. It just keeps getting better.

Cons

I sometimes use the time logger app on my phone, and I have to log out and then log in again every time. Since it's a Canadian company, I'd like to pay in CAD dollars instead of US (am also located in Canada).

Response from Nutcache

Replied April 2019

Thank you Briana for this exhaustive evaluation! You will probably be happy to know that your slight dissatisfactions will soon be addressed! Thank you for trusting us and stay tuned as more good news is coming! The Nutcache Team

Nivin from Indian Oil Corporation Limited

Industry: Oil & Energy

A flexible and collaborative project management application.

Pros

The project management application enables time tracking, invoice generation and receiving payments. You have a centralized dashboard where you can manage and track all the expenses, logged hours and costs to the firm. If you want to take any strategic decisions you can just check the project dashboards and the reports generated, to get you an in-depth knowledge. The board is adaptive to your workflow preferences be it agile or Kanban. You can take down a list of your ideas or notes with the provided boards and cards. The searchability feature is very powerful, allowing you to add filters to the display grid which reduces the time taken for each search. To simplify the expense or cost management, you can group each expense to categories and subcategories. You can record the time spent by each employee in a task by using the mentioned time tracking feature. The most attractive feature of this application is that a click gets you to integrate the data from both expense tracker and time tracker and automatically create and send invoices.

Cons

The mobile version requires improvement, especially the time tracking feature. The absence of an option for recurring costs.

Michael from Michael DeVowe Creative Works

Perfect for Small Business Time Tracking

The app itself has a very intuitive interface, with the ability to select the project and client you're currently tracking time for, the service you're providing, and any enter any project notes. Some of my services vary in hourly pricing, so this is extremely valuable to me. I can select the appropriate hourly rate for the specific job, stop the timer when I'm done, and log my hours at any time. I can't imagine going back to writing times down on a piece of paper and recording it in a spreadsheet! I've been using Nutcache and their app for over a year now. Among the other time tracking and invoicing solutions I've tried, Nutcache really has served me well. It's an awesome service that is free, and their paid options are excellent. I recommend it to all my small business and entrepreneur friends.

Pros

- Fast startup - Clear timer layout with Project, Service - Ability to change recorded time day within the app - Option to have more than one company (if you own multiple businesses)

Cons

- Sometimes has an issue with changing the current time before logging hours (how to fix: select Project, go back, edit recorded time) - No ability to see worked hours details or edit logged hours

Cedric from Secapem

Trop de bug. Trop de changement. Impossible de crer une utilisation perenne dans le temps

Pros

Intuitif et assez joli. Sur le papier les fonctionnalits sont sduisantes mais ....

Cons

Il y a beaucoup trop de bugs. Les fonctionnalits de type Gannt, ou de gestion du planning ne sont pas prsentes ou pas efficaces. C'est un logiciel trs orient facturation, et moins gestion de projet, donc d'autres auront peut tre un avis diffrent. Le service client semble accessible, on vous rpond toujours ce que vous souhaitez entendre, mais dans les faits il n'y a pas les corrections attendues, pas les fonctions promises ajoutes. Hier encore on me dis, nous on ne vois pas de problme, et le lendemain, le problme rapparat. Le plus gros problme, c'est que des fonctionnalits peuvent disparatre lors d'une mise jour. Donc quand vous utilisez une fonctionnalit pour grer votre indicateur, elle disparat, et impossible de continuer utiliser le logiciel comme vous aviez prvu de le faire. Le prix initiale tait intressant, notamment pour les petites quipes, mais le changement tarifaire a fait mal !!! Surtout quand vous tes une quipe de taille 6 personnes ou 11 personnes, vous payez respectivement pour 10 et pour 15. Bref, trop d'instabilit dans tous les sens du terme, d'ou l'impossibilit de construire quelque chose de solide.

Reasons for Choosing Nutcache

Le prix, mais ce n'est plus aussi avantageux qu'avant. Les fonctions promises, mais qui ne sont au final pas prsentes (timeline par exemple promise il y a 2 ans, idem pour la gestion des jalons).

Frdric from Enviro 3D Conseils inc.

Industry: Environmental Services

Best online timesheet and billing app.

All my employees work from home. With Nutcache it is easy to manage the various project and timesheet related to the project itself.

Pros

Easy to use Easy billing module Easy to integrate new employees

Cons

Costs of application after 5 employees NOt always easy to understand security levels for employees.

Response from Nutcache

Replied January 2019

Thank you Frdric for your comment, much appreciated! You'll be glad to hear that we completely overhauled the security profile system and it will be available very soon. :) The Nutcache Team

Henry

September 2015

A blessing for a business

I've been using Nutcache for 6 different business now, from the educational to technical to design and web development companies. For each business this is probably the first installment I make to the business. I understand that the lifeblood of a company is the customer and customer service is key, I want to use the best and easiest service our there to make payments as easy and painless as possible. Because of the incredible collection of functions available it has become the start to professional development for any startup, as well as long since settled company.

Pros

International functionality is awesome. No more wondering if customers may have missed an invoice, I get immediate feedback Easy online integration with payment gateways. Just click a button. Still exploring the new project planning capabilities, which just helps with consolidating all the business functions. It's GREAT!!

Cons

I strongly use the time tracking app on my Android device. Some more capabilities and and functions would be greatly appreciated: I would suggest- Ability to manipulate time on the app as well, not just the website. Able to quick construct and send an invoice or estimate. Able to log payments. **Thanx for an amazing product.**

Simon from Stratgies SD

Good

THX.

Pros

Accountability skills are good but, they can be stronger.

Cons

Increase Accountability skills, this is what I use most.

Response from Nutcache

Replied January 2019

Thank you Simon for your good words, but one must not forget that Nutcache is first and foremost a project management solution. The Nutcache Team

Jolle from Foucade

Industry: Architecture & Planning

The best solution for managing your projects

Completely satisfied. The software evolves well with time. The updates are relevant and the customer service is impeccable. I recommend it warmly.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to tame. The data is clear and makes our day-to-day work easier.

Cons

Nutcache would benefit from better customization of submission and billing files.

Response from Nutcache

Replied January 2019

Thank you Jolle for your kind words, your comments are important to us. :) The Nutcache Team

Bruno from Exrcito Brasileiro

Best Project and Work Management Software for small companies

Pros

I'm using it to run my digital marketing small agency. It just has all the tools I need to manage the whole workflow in my agency: finances, payments, customer relationships, budget, kanban, sprints of work, etc. It allows me to work with Prince2 methodology.

Cons

It's hard to complain about actually. I made huge research before choose this as the tool to use in my company.

June 2015

Govert

Industry: Industrial Automation

June 2015

Nutcache use as Project Timetracking

We use Nutcache for tracking our time on projects. With 8 users we can easy registrate our hours on the projects. Also to see how much time we spent on a project. We have choose Nutcache because the Mobile App and the Online PC portal works fine and fast. Govert den Hartog DH Automation Technology

Pros

Cons

- We are missing time reporting within a selected project on a specific product or service

Erik from Made by Emblem

Industry: Graphic Design

Long time user great product!

We love how accessible the Nutcache team is. They respond to questions right away and even schedule training for our team when we want to learn more. We can't say enough good things about Nutcache.

Pros

We've been using Nutcache for the last 4 years. The time and project tracking has been instrumental as we've grown our business. We run reports regularly to asses progress and profitability. The invoicing and estimating is easy to use. As a small company with freelancers and contract workers, being able to track all of our team's hours is a breeze! We work with 15-20 clients and multiple projects at the same time and Nutcache makes this easy to manage.

Cons

We REALLY want Nutcache to work with Quickbooks. Once this happens, it will be everything we need!!!! The AGILE BOARDS feature is a little clunky. It would be great to see more details in the overview. But we have found ways to customize it to our needs.

Response from Nutcache

Replied January 2019

Thank you Erik for putting your trust in Nutcache to manage your growing business! We wish you the best of success with your business and thank you for your comments. Best regards, The Nutcache Team

Heilene from Lenomedia

I have been using Nutcache since they started out and I love how it grew into what it is today.

Very well apart from the above mentioned suggestion.

Pros

I love the ease of use and the fact that the developers implement features we have asked for during the years. It shows their commitment towards their users and I love it that we can feel that we are being heard. The recurring invoicing is one of my favourites and the option to view a client accounts invoices, estimates and activity.

Cons

That it is not responsive. Difficult to sit in front of a client to give them an instant quote. That would be awesome if we can do that. Also, a proper app where we can do quotes, send invoices, log payments and view client accounts.

Response from Nutcache

Replied January 2019

Thank you Heilene for your good words, and thank you for putting your trust in us since our very beginning. :) The Nutcache Team

Eric from EDCORP Inc.

Nutcache review 2019

Overall experience is neutral. You dont have enough for what you pay. All the expenses in projects must be rethink. You should be able to integrate fiscalits and more functionality like intuit quicken

Pros

At first, 2-3 years, when I began using Nutcache, it was a good software for the the price you paid.

Cons

And without notice, price of Nutcache when nuts ! It became too expensive for what it gave. And now you pay 10 times the original price for things that you dont need and they dont take into sccount your request to make it better !

Response from Nutcache

Replied January 2019

Hi Eric, Thank you for your constructive and relevant comments, we take good note of them. Rest assure that one of our representatives will contact you shortly to discuss your concerns. Regards, The Nutcache Team

Dave from Redfoot Works

I started with Nutcache when there was a free version available and it quickly became invaluable.

Pros

Recurring invoices really help reduce administration hours, reminders are a great way to poke clients and get them to pay invoices on time, detailed reports for tax purposes are a perfect way to get all the information I need in a short space of time

Alexandre from ConsulTerre

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Good and universal project management online plateform

Good match for my everyday needs for my project management and consulting business, ConsulTerre ( www.consulterre.com ). We work to optimize social and environnemental impact for organization, for a better future.

Pros

Versatility, limited but efficient expenses management for project and your business. Follow up project advancement and co-workers time/expenses within a project very easily. Perfect for any project managing startup and for meeting day-to-day tasks.

Cons

Needs to be more developped to include more third party useful apps like ASANA, Quickbooks, Zapier, etc. No ''iframe'' codes easy to use for building our customers experience by integration with a website (more time programming for businesses). CRM could clearly be better or connected with many other apps.

Response from Nutcache

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your review Alexandre. We totally agree that Nutcache would benefit from more third party integrations, that's why we are working on it! :) The Nutcache Team

I really want to embrace Nutcache, but a few things still bug me about them.

I think Nutcache has lot's of potential but is not quite there yet.

Pros

Nutcache has always been a visually pleasing product to work with - professional & intuitive. They seem to be very ambitious about developing new features for their customers, especially with their focus on project management (Scrum & Agile). So many other product offerings seem to be static, but not Nutcache. I periodically get emails touting their latest feature. The time keeping & billing aspect of the software is also nice but...

Cons

There are a few items I wish they would change. First, they don't seem to have many integration options. There are a few partnerships, but one thing I always look for is the ability to turn an email into a project task instead of typing it out. This may seem like a small thing, but as an IT admin, I get very many emailed tasks throughout the day and I can't readily get them into Nutcache without typing them up. Also, I can't seem to create a new task from the timer - again, a seemingly small thing, but it's a pain to have to jump into the project, create the task, then jump back into the timer, select the new task, and start the timer. Lastly, I brought up this idea a couple of times with their support (during their free days, and once during a trial-period), and they seemed somewhat unresponsive, once not responding at all.

Domingos from Qubit Tecnologias

very easy to use

Pros

friendly, functions are available in one click, we do not have to open multiple windows to get to any one. the layout is clean. the communication with customer in sending invoice is direct without needing to download and send by email, and we still receive the client's reading notification

Cons

need to improve the creation of trade discounts and invoices with more than one sheet

Great for project management

Pros

I find Nutcache to be efficient in helping me streamline the project management I do on a daily basis. The interface is intuitive and a good experience overall.

Cons

I think the mobile app could be vastly improved which is important as more work moves to mobile and for people who are on-the-go.

Good

Pros

The easyest to work the simplycity to work

Cons

to paid in US$ when im a canadian but is good

Christian

My savior

I found them when we were both starting in business. Wow, a free invoicing system with time tracking app on Android and ios that syncs with the online Interface. Reports for every purpose you can imagine.

Pros

Free portion is very functional for a small business. Time tracking by project. Invoice specific project according to your time tracker app. Good customer service english and french. A discussion site for FAQ

Cons

Would be nice to make purchase orders , I'm not sure about expense module but i have not used it at the beggining because it was incomplete. You will have to try it for your self. Developping the CRM portion would also be nice and add a small ticket system.

Nutcache really has served me well. It's an awesome service!!

Tanya from GMc Energy

A great tool that helps to track all my inventory, expenses and sales.

This makes invoicing and tracking payments very very easy

Pros

I am able schedule payments and set-up recurring invoices. This is a great inventory and accounting tool.

Miles from Miles Kuperus III Photography

Great Product, very simple and easy to "professionalize" your business

Pros

I love the invoicing and estimating system. The flow of estimate -> acceptance -> Invoice -> Payment, is so easy. I love how I can integrate PayPal and Stripe into my invoices, and then Nutcache automatically tracks those payments into sales. Project Management is so easy.

Cons

The expense tracking needs some work- like custom fields. I also wish I could track my time outside of the webapp.

Mia from TechnoGrounds

Wonderful Product! This software has increased my day to day productivity at work.

Pros

The best part is the invoicing module. Its very comprehensive and really fulfills my business needs.

Cons

I really hope to see more affordable subscription packages for small businesses or an option to customize a package for each business need.

April 2016

Jordan from Copy and Code, Inc

April 2016

Makes running your business a little easier!

Pros

Nutcache is a "must-have" for small to medium sized companies. It's not only great for time tracking and invoicing, but it also provides project collaboration features as well. I really like the user interface, it seems to get easier to use with each release.

Cons

I would like a little more control over the generated invoice in the free version, like being able add or remove columns.

Valerio from Wallace Solution

Great product

Pros

It's a great piece of software that will easily suit freelancers and small business owners' needs for invoicing and time tracking. As far as simplicity goes, the layout of the website is pretty obvious. The design is navigated via the header tab, which is split up into Sales, Expenses, Time Tracking, Reports, Contacts and Maintenance. Each one of these tabs has separate pages to make things as easy as possible to visualize for users. I actually like the setup.

Cons

It does not work for fiscal solutions specific to Latin American countries. For example in the Dominican Republic it is necessary to handle in addition to the invoice number, a taxpayer number that changes depending on what type of company is billed and how they will use the taxes on the invoice. For cases where it is required that the invoice complies with specific workflows, this software may not be very useful.

Loralee from Her Portable Biz

March 2016

Great for freelancers and time tracking

I loved the mobile app, ease of creating an invoice, and how nice the invoices look. If I was always freelancing, this might be my everyday go to tool. It has project management capabilities, and a nice workflow. I no longer use it because I primarily make information products and courses, which don't require time tracking.

Pros

The mobile app for time tracking is great! A lot easier to use than some other similar tools.

Cons

I didn't find anything negative about nutcache.

Carl from The PopShop

Best by far

This app does exactly what you need it to do without any nonsense. Its FREE but you would never think so because of how much value you get from this app. It synchronises perfectly with your main online app. You don't miss out on any worked time, which means you don't loose money.

Pros

Free version is perfect for freelancers and small businesses. Simple and Sleek. Accurate and Efficient. Does what it says it will. Keeps track on all your activities. No banners on the free version. (have not come across any myself)

Cons

You aren't using the app yet.

October 2013

AbouZouZ

October 2013

love those squirrels!!!

I was sceptic at first when I found nutcache because nothing is free now a days. So claiming to be a free online invoicing tool had my "spidey senses" go wild... but I decide to register anyways, and trust me, it was one of the best business decisions I made this year. It's such an easy online tool and no limitation. I can invoice as much as I want. The time tracking tool is not bad but I wish there was an app for it too. One last note: Nutcache is frequently updated with new features and languages. I wonder if Arabic will be available soon? Great product!!!!

Pros

Unlimited Invoicing Unlimited quotes Unlimited time tracking Unlimited expenses Multi-Users Multiple companies with same account Multilingual FREE

Cons

No smartphone apps No Arabic

Great software

Pros

The simplicity of the software is great and doesn't require studying the software to be able to use it!

Cons

The multiple steps to print an invoice is somewhat long... It goes through many steps

September 2015

Francesco from idearte Inc.

The Best invocing software

I run a digital marketing agency called idearte based in Peru, but i have clients abroad. For this reason Nutcache makes our lives easy.

Pros

Perfect for invoicing, project management. Excellent user interface

Cons

Maybe the possibility to set workflows to approve invoices or estimates.

No longer affordable and shady tactic

Pros

When I signed up for it the software was free and while the interface was always a bit clunky, it offered a lot of features, generated a pretty invoice that one could email and helped accommodate PayPal transactions.

Cons

Without warning my "free trial" ended (never mind I'd been using it for years) and now it appears that the only way to access my old invoices is to pay their new monthly fee. I don't expect customer service to be very helpful in retrieving the old invoices.

STAY WELL AWAY. They are liars and cannot be trusted. The software is definitely not worth the money surely loads of free alternatives available.

Pros

Layout and ease of use and is useful for project management. Easy to email invoices directly from within the software

Cons

Will not trust this company at all. Nutcache has been saying this for years that they will be 'forever free' but have now suddenly decided to close the free feature. I will never trust a company like this. They didn't even care for current free users and just gave them 14 days trial and that's it. For the paid version, its definitely not worth it. STAY AWAY

Sylvain

September 2015

Easy to use, answers all the needs of a small business

I was actually looking into Nutcache for their new Kanaban board feature but I was pleasantly surprised to find a really easy to use software to manage billing, customer service, feature requests, communication and many other things a small business should need on a daily basis. To top it off, it works great on iPad so it's also valuable on the road, a problem I have encountered with other similar softwares. Good job NutCache

Pros

Feature rich Works great on iPad Nice for custommer collaboration

Cons

Absolutely need an internet connection so it can't be used everywhere when on the go

Brenda from Provost Events

I am a new client and so far I am satisfied.

Pros

Still developing a relationship with the software. I just got introduced and I did the free trial so I am good with it so far. I look forward to working with you company.

Cons

Don't know yet so far so good. I Upgraded because I love what I saw when I work with the free trial. I don't know if there any cons yet. As soon as I know I will let you know. I look forward to working with you so we can all grow together.

Miguel

Great aplication

Fantastic time manager app for consultant profesional people. Useful for different clients, proyects and criterias.

Pros

Simple but complete, all the needs on your mobile

September 2015

Great solution for tracking time

The app was very easy and intuitive to use. It offered our team an easy way to keep track of their hours. Kudos!

Pros

Easy to use Cross platform

Cons

Ability to input nonbilllable Lunches and duration of them with a simple click and drop down would be extremely valuable. Reporting could use some refinement.

Chadwick

Useful App

I like being able to efficiently track my time on a job and then directly bill the entire project to the customer. It's a very fast and straight forward process.

Pros

Easy to use. Accurate. Convenient. Stable.

Cons

Minimal access to existing projects. It's mainly just a time tracker.

September 2015

Jordan from ZIN Technologies, Inc.

Industry: Defense & Space

Easy Time Tracking and Invoicing

This application has been perfect for my small consulting business. It does everything I need and more. The user interface is intuitive and new features appear often. Nutcache just gets better and better!

Pros

Numerous features, user friendly design, professional looking invoices

Miles from Farmside Landscape & Design

It's good

I'm a photographer on the side and this program is a great way to generate basic customer records, track time and generate invoices. It does all the basics that I need.

Pros

Easy to use. Time tracking app on your phone. Overall great

Cons

The app needs to have an expense option. So if I'm at the store I can enter in an expense right there that way I don't need to spend the time at home entering the expense.

Shad from ekloweb

Andrew from Redwood IT

Marie-Andre

Jeremy from Cellar Prints

Patrick

September 2015

Changed model from free to paid

Pros

Invoices looked professional when I originally used. I even recommended it to colleagues when I was using it

Cons

They are trying to charge me for what they promised was free. Now it is not possible to access my invoices or create new invoices in their system.

Houcine

very useful

I have been using nutcache for a while. it is really helpful and user friendly. Many thanks for this great team.

Pros

- Sending and tracking invoices on line. - Payments on line - Time tracking - User friendly, no need for support - Free ...

Cons

No mobile applications for the moment.

Aevnar

Very nice

Very good site, simple, yet very user friendly and useful.

Pros

Well layed out All useful features Growing radpidly, adding new features

Cons

Some process are not super easy to figure out, but i'M sure it will get ironed out soon enough considering the awesome feedback from the devs

Easy to use!

I've really enjoyed transitioning and using Nutcache every day. It has added an easy end of day task to bill hours quickly and with ease. I'm so glad our company has this useful tool!

Pros

- Easy to use - Everyone is on the same page within the company - Makes tracking vacation and off days simple

Cons

As of right now, the only thing I would like is a pop-up reminder sent at the end of each day reminding me to input hours.

May 2015

Brett from Spartan ERV

May 2015

Helped with searching issue

I had an issue of resolution and the browser thinking I was on a mobile device instead of desktop. Their team helped troubleshoot a variety of items and fixed my problem of not being able to search job contracts and codes.