• Pros

• "I love the fact that this is in the cloud and you can use where ever you need. It is a great alternative to your physical notebook. Super easy to use."

• "This software is very effective in terms of taking a notes. Easy to access and I love the way that you can use you hand to write a notes."

• "it very easy to use, access and navigate. Mobile app is also very helpful. I can always have mg notes with me even im not in front of my desktop."

• Cons

• "It is sometimes a bit difficult to figure out how to use one note to organize a task, but once some thought is applied, it generally serves to streamline and memorialize procedures."

• "So far the experience has been awesome, can say any cons except that the application on my pc freezes up once in a long while "

• "Some times it takes a long time to synchronize between different sources, but it's not totally detrimental. "

Browse OneNote Reviews

Jessa

Office Product with the fewest syncing issues.

Pros

I'm completely dependent on OneNote. It's so easy to use and flexible, it holds every project in my life now, from planning out and organizing 60 slide competitor analysis presentations, to scheduling recipes for meal plans. It plays well with the other products, and unlike Word, I've never had a problem with syncing conflicts and generating unnecessary backup local copies, and I have yet to lose a single word of work. In fact, for one of my books, I didn't use Word at all and ended up doing all the chapters in the same planning pages I kept in OneNote. It's my secret weapon when it comes to brainstorming and organization and I can't believe more people don't use it, but then again, I am a more visual/creative person, so the ability to quickly throw notes or record a message and be able to arrange, sort or search and actually find it later is vital. Years ago, I used to use Springpad, and since then, I've tried Trello, Evernote, and all kinds of apps, but nothing has stuck.

Cons

Very few, it's so flexible it fills in a lot of gaps. I'd like it to be more visually customizable, like if you could add a backdrop of a chart or table similar to the Stormboard templates. Right now it just has a few pastel colors and lined and gridded paper types.

Phil from Recourse Communications, Inc

OneNote for every note!

I use onenote for business meetings for note taking, tracking takeaways and sharing them with the whole team. We all have access to the same notes, same takeaways and can all add to the meeting notes. I also like to use it for keeping track of information I might come across that I want to follow up on at some point, putting my ideas down so I don't forget them. Clipping articles/webpages so I can refer back to it. Create to-do lists.

Pros

If you are working in the Microsoft eco system OneNote is a must. Taking notes and keeping track of information is simple since it is tied into every Office/O365 application; Sharepoint, Word, Outlook even when browsing the web. Can be used for note taking during business meetings, training/school, planning vacations, shopping list. Uses are limit less. Best of all you can do it from what ever device you have with you and your notes will be available to you everywhere.

Cons

Onenote is such a powerful tool that it can be overwhelming to get a grasp on all that it can do and how to best use it for your situation.

Great way to take notes

I have been using this software for about 2 years now for school. I like it because my classes use PDFs instead of powerpoints so I can download the PDFs and insert them into one note and type under the PDF slides. It is also nice to have the pictures and my own notes all in one place.

Pros

I love that I can download class PowerPoints/PDF files and then type into them with one note. It makes note taking so much easier because everything is in one place. I love that you can also draw and add pictures if needed. It is great for all kinds of learners.

Cons

I think it can be a little intimidating at first. I think a tutorial on how to use it would have made it less intimidating.

Many problems for a renowned product

I would give this a 3/5 star but considering how well-known and popular it is, then I can't give it more than a 2 star. It's ok. Note this is the windows Microsoft Windows 10 version which is not the same as the Office 365 Onenote 2016 ... let alone others. MS Whiteboard has issues but is much better overall.

Pros

Pros: Wide range of functionality. You can convert to different file types and insert files into it rather easily. It has great cloud support and is overall easy to access.

Cons

Cons: There is great support for onenote on the web, but at least 90% of the searches I've done to troubleshoot an issue or functionality apply to one type of Onenote and not another... for some reason. I've spent many hours troubleshooting options that don't exist for one type or another. Example: The ink-to-math is not present in this version. The ink-to-draw is not present in the office 365 version. Why? There is a view option of fitting what's been drawn to the page width which will also show up if printed to a .pdf. What's bad is that there is no option for displaying where the pages end. I saw a comment from a developer about this saying that it would be too difficult. But I know they could figure out a way to do that. There are so many option. Just have the length of each page increase if a user increases the width to the right. That could cause issues if the user wants the content displayed on certain pages. So, have the page separators actually splice the content shown and add whitespace if page width/length grows ... or shrink/grow content of pages accordingly like a picture. Or, when in "page view mode" like this, warm the user if they are trying to grow pages sizes ... or just have a fixed page size in this mode! My main issue: Why it is so glitchy with an epen. If I tap the screen it wants me to type - this happens a lot when I'm scrolling and not tapping also. The developers didn't input an option to make the pen the default and disable tap to keyboard.

Daniela from Progressive Art

Keeps my Lesson Plans Organized!

OneNote has organized me, kept me organized and improved the efficiency of using my lesson planning system. As all of my lesson are divided by program, it has allowed me to standardize all the files.

Pros

What I love the most about this program is that all my files are visible at a glance. The easy tab system allows for quick flipping from one file to another. I also use the screen clipping feature a lot for images, articles or keeping track of bill payments.

Cons

As I was used to the 2016 version, I did find it difficult to adjust to the new layout of the latest update. After so many years of daily use, my eyes automatically searched in the same way.

Sophia from Five Star Consulting

Great program to organize, search and store your notes

Even though using OneNote requires you to be signed up for OneDrive, it still is a lot cheaper than buying a premium version of its competitors. To get similar functionality as OneNOte, you woud need to buy a premium version if you are going with a competitors.

Pros

Save and organize digital notes, typed or handwritten. You can tag your notes and search for it at a later time. There are many preset tags such as remind tag, to do tag, etc. When it comes to organizing abiities, OneNote beats its competitors. You can place these tags on any section, notebooks, pages. It also allows you to save different type of information on the same page, such as pictures, to-do lists and notes. Cost wise it is also better than its competition.

Cons

OneNote storage comes from OneDrive. If you want to use OneNote, you will need to sign up for OneDrive.

Joseph J. K. from West Michigan Massage Therapy

powerful note taking application with advances knowledge base capabilities

Very useful pieces of software that integrates well into SharePoint services for all sized business.

Pros

One Note gives many of its competitors a real run for their value! It is an easy to use application that is expansive. It integrates well with SharePoint and other Microsoft 365 products for a complete solution for your small, medium or large complex business.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about the software. While I wish they would better support mark down files and maybe improve the import and export function the rest of the package is top notch.

Nino from Georgian card

Microsoft OneNote

It os very easy to use. You can syncing between desktop and mobile applications

Pros

It is very easy to use. You can mannage your tasks and note importans information in it.

Cons

Task management (it would be nice for one note to be able to send notifications to your device)

The best note taker

Pros

I love the fact that as I type in my notes the application automatically saves what I have typed. I do not need to worry about tapping a save button and this save me lots of time. Also, if you link your Microsoft account, content is automatically backed up to the cloud and this is a huge plus.

Cons

I think an export feature should be added to the app to allow greater flexibility

Jeremy from Richey May & Co., LLP

Perfect for Note Taking

Love this product! It is quick and easy for note taking.

Pros

This is a great tool for note taking. Very easy to organize notes into sections and pages. I especially enjoy making lists using the checklist feature.

Cons

When I update a page, I would like for OneNote to record when the note was made. I would like to see an audit trail of the notes that I have made within each page.

Miguel from MiAGon LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

All your notes in one place

OneNotres has been a part of my arsenal of tools for the enterprise environment. I have used it on a personal level as well. I have used both the loal and cloud version, choosing the cloud due to my ability to access from any device. You can also add a local copy, depending on your subscription level, and sync your online content to your local machine. This helps in keeping your data in 2 places at once.

Pros

Microsoft OneNotes offer a single place to enter, manage and access all your notes. It provides flexibility in how you organize your content. From simple note taking to more complex graphics and images, OneNotes lets you organize in efficient ways. The use of tags helps you find what you need across multiple notebooks, section and pages. No more having to navigate through complex and cumbersome folder hierarchies. OneNotes is a massive repository tool that takes the place of many other tools. Using OneNotes rids you of separate Tasks or To Do lists, file repositories, and even digital media. OneNotes lets you combine all your electronic files into a single place and manage it in a way that works for you. This level of flexibility is what gives OneNotes the power it has and its popularity.

Cons

OneNotes tend to have a different layout between the online version and the downloaded version. This might bring some confusion to some users. Microsoft is moving more towards the cloud, and until this becomes the norm and their downloadable applications can mimic the cloud experience, there might be a bit of a learning curve.

Mohd from Toronto Real Estate Board

A centralized location for all your notes

Currently, I used OneNote to organized my meeting's notes and to attach them into an email so it's easy for me to send it to my colleagues. This is sometimes very useful when you are in hurry and wanted to inform what are the points were discussed in the meeting. Secondly, it is also very convenient to use it on all the platforms whether I wanna use it on my phone or my computer. I am exploring more ways as this is a powerful tool and has very few limitations which make it value for money.

Pros

it gives you the ability to create your notes as you create on a physical notebook, moreover, this notebook can be accessed from anywhere as long as you have access to the internet. The most unique part of OneNote is you can add multimedia and create your documents as much presentable as want. These documents can also be shared with others like your friends or colleagues, it would make this software as a one-stop solution for most of the writing and editing of your notes. I used many older versions of OneNote and then after upgrading to new versions of OneNote I came to know that your older note will not get erased. you can also use OneNote app for your smartphones which makes easier to modify your changes or to view any documents on the go.

Cons

One thing I would ever want in OneNote is the integration between various platforms, Currently, Onenote allows you to create notes or documents to share it with only OneNote users, whereas if I want to share it with Evernote users it will not give me an option for that. Moreover, I can not even import Evernote's documents notes into OneNote or vice versa. There are other ways through which you can do it but for that one has to download a migration tool. The security is also one of the issues which I always take into consideration when creating any personal note where I wanted it to be encrypted with a password. There should be some ways into OneNote where you can have a personal space which can be used for those secure documents.

Nithya from Logica

One of the ideal choice for people who like to be organised!

Pros

I’ve always struggled to find an app that streamlined all the notes that I have to save. When I first started using one note in 2017, it was a great way to gather all my thoughts in one place. I can continue where I left off and choose how I want to divide them into different sections and headings! I’ve also been able to advise a lot of small companies where I coach managers to start using this as a tool to share ideas amongst team members who can then grow the ideas further by brainstorming! I’ve been hearing positive feedback from other users to whom I have recommended this great software to.

Cons

If it is being used in team situations, if all the members of the team don’t get to use the product in the same way or understand the use of the note and it’s purpose, then it can be hard to collaborate using software. However the help guides can always be handy to solve such issues! So I don’t really have much negatives other than team environments where too many different heads thinking differently might complicate the notes sharing process.

Loralee from Her Portable Biz

Easier than Evernote

Pros

I started using Onenote in 2007, and used it for everything. Then, everyone began recommending Evernote and I jumped on the bandwagon, but years later I realized that I was only saving things in Evernote - not accessing the information, using my checklists, etc. This year I've switched back to using Onenote and haven't looked back. It's at my fingertips with all of my devices, loads quickly, and everything is sorted in a way that makes logical sense to me. I can capture things I've found from around the web with the webclipper tool (very similar to the way the webclipper works with Evernote) I can even use the bookmarks tool to add personal notes, recommendations and then share with other entrepreneurs.

Cons

- sharing sections of a onenote doc with others often requires them to log in, even if it's just set to "view only" - Moving items between Folders is difficult (moving to other sections inside a folder is easy) - it doesn't integrate with as many other apps as Evernote

Richard from Business Consultant

Worth mastering to organise and find notes

It is worth planning how to use OneNote. As a basic principle, I have all my filing structured the same across my apps and devices. My folders, bookmarks, emails and OneNote notes all share the same structure. This formed a good starting point when I decided to use OneNote seriously. the best thing is to get going, reflect and improve.

Pros

Excellent search across all books. Highly flexible note taking: Type written, sketch, shapes, links to urls (useful for research) as well as to files and other notebooks Tags that work across different notebooks. Section and page groupings Ability to move sections and pages to other locations. Text formatting with headings Extract to MS Word - useful for grouping notes from interviews or enquiries Integrates seamlessly to OneNote on Android

Cons

No native vba engine to add functionality such as date sorting. This can be overcome by buying Onetastic add ins which are also modifiable. Two versions of OneNote if you install MS Office. At least the pen button can now be configured to open the desired version of OneNote.

Forrest from Denver Health ad hospital Authority

Great Product for all the odd notes and document snippets you have

This tool is great for getting all topically related content into one place for organization, sharing, and even simple presentations (no, everything doesn't need to be a PowerPoint).

Pros

This is very intuitive, easy to use, and flexible. No you don't want to replace Word or Excel with it, but you DO want to paste documents and spreadsheets into it that belong together - in fact anything that belongs "together" can pretty much be pasted in and formatted so that you can find and present it fast and easily.

Cons

Not much to dislike - it could use a bit beefier spell checking (which I think is actually in a newer version than I use), and some tools to layout the pages a bit better would be nice - please Microsoft DON'T use the one in Visual Studio as a starting point!

Victor from Stoneleaf Construction LLC

OneNote for all! Long Live Microsoft OneNote

Pros

The TCO is very attractive since this handy app comes with MS Office 365 or 2016, older versions has it too. The App allows you to freely add notes handwriting and store images within the content, and the most exciting thing is that you can use in your computer, on the web, on your phone, tablet or wherever you go you can sync your notes. Sharing notebooks grants a plus to this app for fast and easy collaboration in real time with others. Even if they do not have the app themselves.

Cons

I'd like that the app could have the option to save files of greater than 100MB in OneNote. This would allow the use of embdedded video for instance. Rather than the File storage limit I didn't found any other negative aspect. Improve first-use sync/download time and experience, sometimes gets lagged on the first sync or under LTE bad connections using smartphones. On Android can crash sometimes if the app is not up to date with the latest releases.

Sandy from Almost Anything LLC

OneNote helps me keep track of business and life

I use OneNote every day, all day. It has my daily tasks and I journal it in at night. I have been able to go mostly paperless as a result of using OneNote in my life.

Pros

The best thing about OneNote is the search feature. I have 140 notebooks and without the robust search feature, it would be difficult to find things so quickly. OneNote is easy to use and helps me organize and track everything from medical information to client data. It also integrates with Outlook, Word and Excel, making workflow very streamlined. I use all the versions including desktop, online and the mobile app - allowing me to have all my information readily available all the time. I create checklists, templates, and forms in addition to free style writing.

Cons

It's difficult to find anything negative about this software. If anything, the limited functionality of the online version (onenote.com) compared to the desktop version would be my only complaint.

Justin from Lancaster Bible College

Microsoft OneNote

I love onenote! It has revolutionized my ability to collaborate with others and take personal notes for meetings or other work functions.

Pros

Incredibly easy collaboration for use across teams. A key feature here is the default setting that bolds all text added by other users, making it very easy to identify comments or additions made since your lost log in. Additionally, the hierarchy of notebook-sections-pages allows for categorization of large amounts of information. The ability to type or hand-write (if you have a touch device) really provides flexibility and a true alternative to written notebooks. You can also convert comments or ideas to to-do action items with check boxes. Finally, the ability to drag and drop files takes this notebook to the next level compared to similar products.

Cons

The primary con is consistency in syncing up notebooks between users. When I collaborate with others, i encounter sync issues occasionally. Any breakdowns typically occur the first time the onenote is opened, but once both users are able to access the notebook this issue seems to not be a problem.

Bridgette from Strattix Inc

Industry: Oil & Energy

Simple and Efficient

Great product, useful for both personal and business needs! Would highly recommend to the public.

Pros

1) All your meeting minutes, engagement notes and general notes are located in 1 easy to reach location 2) Pages can easily be sub-divided and color coded, making it effortless to organize your notes, and stay that way 3) The platform's color scheme is fantastic lets be honest!

Cons

1) I am not a huge fan of the lack of connectivity to Microsoft Teams. I have now worked at two jobs where we were forced to delete the Notebooks and start over due to an error or a corrupted OneNote Tab within Teams 2) Its a bit cumbersome in the mobile format on the app. Still gets the job done but it could be improved 3) I would appriciate the ability to add more "tabs" before the section tab. I know it sounds odd, but in One Note you can only add a section tab and a pages tab after, I would like a 3rd level of differentation.

As a writer, OneNote is indispensable.

Pros

For a writer, OneNote is indispensable. When writing, you want to have an outline fleshed out so that once you start writing, it's easy to connect the dots since you've already done the pre-work. OneNote enables this easily. I can create separate sections for Characters, Outlines, Plotting, and Settings. Within those sections, I have pages such as Character 1, 2, 3 etc. Arc 1, 2, 3, Cities, Shops, Homes. Once I start writing, I keep the outlines section open, where I break it into 5 10,000 word pages. If I need any information from the other sections or pages, it's as easy as clicking over to them. Since I started doing this, plotting and outlining is a breeze.

Cons

Exporting as a PDF isn't available online, you have to have the local for that. Sometimes it doesn't sync well, so I have to manually re-sync the two to get things back in order. My biggest con though is that my sort order doesn't stay put. Whenever I log out, the next day, my sections aren't in the order I put them in, so I have to go back and re-organize them. It's definitely a pain that, while it's a small issue, when you do it every single day it adds up to a rather large annoyance.

Andy from Beech ConstructionServices

Great organization tool for any type of project

Pros

I love the fact that no matter what type of project, from buying a new accounting software to filling positions within our company, OneNote allows me to organize all of my documents (pdfs, word docs, excel spreadsheets, etc) all in one place. OneNote also allows me to create bullet points, check lists, and even collaborate my work with others on the project. Best of all is the access I have from a variety of devices including my Apple Watch, MacBook, Windows based laptop, etc.

Cons

Within a tab it is often hard to make individual pages easy to understand that they are beneath/ under another page. Very rarely I have to step back and reevaluate my organizational strategy and have to reformat my "books" or tabs. By no means is that the end of the world. Just rarely can break my workflow and cost me an extra minute or two.

Daniel from Vivint Smart Home

Better than Evernote

Pros

I used to use Evernote, but there’s a limit when using it for free on how many devices you can have their app installed and syncing with the service. OneNote does everything I need with a phone, tablet, and computer. It also has more formatting features for formatting your notes and texts than other services have. Organizing notes and tabs are incredibly easy and helpful. I love the ability to use a surface pen to write the notes or to use checkboxes to make to-do items in the same note instead of needing to use something else.

Cons

Most of the time, I don’t have any issues with syncing between devices using OneNote. Every once in a while, there are conflicts with it not saving to the cloud properly. When OneNote loads the differing notes, it’s not always easy to consolidate the differences.

Alex from Adventist Health System

Robust, Quick, Multi-Functional

By far, the most robust note-taking app I've yet encountered. More than you need if all you want to do is take notes, but excellent if you want to do much, much more.

Pros

Best search feature I've encountered in a note-taking app. Lightning-fast search functionality. The search functionality is so good, two of our teams use this as an information repository. Handwriting feature set is exceptional. Upload from mobile to desktop is speedy. Love the ability to drop entire spreadsheets or emails, etc., into a note and include a screenshot or even some of the source app's functionality.

Cons

Notebook>Tab>Note structure is a little unwieldy, but you get the hang of it. Because you can fit so much data into a single note, downloads to mobile devices can be slow. Cloud-based usage is frustratingly laggy, but this is true of all MS products.

One Note - You got everything You need to note.

Pros

A clear and simple tool for anyone to organize notes, perform some structure and never lose his\her brilliant ideas, thoughts or product list for shopping. One Note gives an opportunity to save various notes, edit them, add links, pictures, etc. One of the brightest things are - several notebooks in one place, handwriting (you can write down or draw any idea without typing or taking pictures), sharing. While sharing some of your notes you can start a collaboration or share your insights with your team.

Cons

I can't mention something really serious. Up to me, it's a good tool, one of the MS still working well nothing to say about Skype and others. In addition, it would be great to have a browser plugin, as far as I know, there is none right now.

Austin from Rehmann

What would I do without it?

Pros

This application is part of my set of auto-open apps that I start as soon as I log in for the day. It's that vital to me. I love the ability to copy text or an image from a website and have the URL of the source pasted in right alongside it. It blew my mind when I first encountered the feature. This application helped me through a very challenging training course and I continue to use it every day.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to organize tags. Don't get me wrong, being able to show a list of all tags in a notebook is great. But due to the amount of tags I use, it can be a little overwhelming. This may be more of a training/discipline issue, but with everything else that OneNote does great, there's a real opportunity here.

Barton from Cintas

Industry: Facilities Services

Onenote is the most flexible notetaking and retrieval program I have found. Its power is its lightning fast searches.

Pros

The ability to separate subjects into separate notebook files. And that you can input data from your camera, voice dictation, typing and HANDWRITING!!!. When you enter a picture that contains text you can enable Onenote to make text searchable. I can write notes on top of our schematics to show changes to my colleges. Onedrive allows me to access my data from my phone and desktop without having to take an extra syncing step. I have digitized our manuals and share them via web over our intranet. That is very handy.

Cons

This product is not configured well right out of the box. You will have to google tutorials on how this should be setup to get the most out of it. Good news is that this is a one time setup.

Lynn from Dish Networks/SlingTV

OneNote - the only Note application that gives me the flexibility I want

With OneNote I am able to nearly eliminate floating papers and organize information and my thoughts in a way that I can find what I need, quickly and easily.

Pros

OneNote is the only Note application that gives me the flexibility to organize my notes in an easily accessible and organized way that matches the way I think. OneNote gives me access to all of my notes in a cohesive format that allows my thoughts to flow smoothly. I often need to find information in another note and other applications make it difficult to find the information when compared to OneNote.

Cons

I use OneNote on an iPad and there are a few minute bugs that are bothersome.

Joel from Infor

Effective and organized digital notebook

It is an effective tool for meetings, it makes my notes organize and above all keeps me up to date of the important activities, and can be opened in any device.

Pros

OneNote by Microsoft is a perfect replacement for notepads on meetings. The convenience it brings to me by just using a laptop or a tablet to take note the important details during our meetings in the office and important details for my project. I've been using this software for years now. It makes my notes organized. This is user-friendly and is a perfect tool for personal or job related notes.

Cons

I have no regret for using OneNote. I am wishing for upgrades soon on the software. I am disappointed, because it does its functions very well.

Mary from Falls Baptist Music School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

This program got me through college!

Pros

While needing to take notes in college at the fastest possible speed, I did not have to worry about the program re-formatting or messing with my notes. I could place notes anywhere on the page, highlight sections, and draw arrows, circles, or whatever was necessary to adequately take the notes. I loved handwriting notes, and this was just as enjoyable and was the way that I was able to get through college and prepare for tests successfully!

Cons

I potentially would have liked slightly different ways to organize folders, though it worked out well mostly. I do not concrete cons about this program because I think that it did everything it needed to!

Dipesh from Northern Illinois University

Digital Board with flexible features

Pros

This is the best tool to organize your work, take notes, clip images/screenshots in any business. It is like digital board where you can write anything, anywhere on the screen with complete formatting. You can copy and paste images along with text.and the best feature is you dont need to save any of your work on this board. Hence, reduces the possibility of loosing your notes due to unexpected power outage or system problems.

Cons

I haven't seen any cons as such. I mainly use this tool to take my notes, add some clippings related to my work. However, it does not support handwriting. It would be very useful if we simply draw anything on the screen.

Scott from COMPARITY

Great Notetaking Tool and Research Repsitory

Highly recommend that you use it frequently. It is my go-to note taking device and allows me to easily organize my stuff in a way that mimics a paper based note system while getting the features of cloud based storage

Pros

I love the fact that I can manage multiple notebooks for work and personal use. I use OneNote to keep track of User Recommendations/Feedback, future tech enhancements to our site, projects etc. On a personal front I keep articles I want to read, lists of books that are recommended to me etc. Its a great clipboard.

Cons

There aren't a lot of downsides. It would be great if they would start to include a clipping tool for other browsers like Chrome, but I think that is unlikely.

India

Great for IDEAs and Note Taking in one location

Pros

Has several different books you can save in and go back and forth between. Does not require you to press save each time when you add or subtract information. It has several abilities that of Microsoft Office, and easy to use. The setup is very easy to learn and become familiar with if you have even basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office family of Software. It has a desktop and cloud version, which can be customized when it syncs, and to whom has permission to view and make changes and if a password is needed to view certain pages. You can create multiple pages, and tabs, for each idea. You can review your change history, and undo or redo changes. You can customize your own icons. It has extreme versatility and functions. From other note-taking apps I found this to be the most beneficial to my needs. It has copy and cut features like Paint, and you can place screenshots in One Note. For someone with millions of app ideas, or music ideas this app would be great it also records audio and video.

Cons

I found it hard to delete notebooks, still unsure how to do it, I can close a notebook but to perm. delete one shoudl be a bit easier. I honestly has been a few months, I use it everyday and have not found any signifigant glitches or issues to complain about as of yet.

Gena from Centerfield Media

One Note is a great organization tool!

It's great for school use too and you can use it from a creative perspective and draw etc. also.

Pros

Not enough people know how great One Note really is and how much it can help you organize your life. In a work setting, one note is able to import your emails so you can seamlessly organize any to-do's or meetings throughout the day. I use it for conversations with employees, so I can always have a tracking method for any conversations that took place. It's really intuitive and simple to use.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about this product. It really is versatile and simple and Microsoft has made it easily transferable to their other products too.

David from Raytheon

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great product for enterprise and ok for home use

Pros

OneNote is a great enterprise tool that has pretty much any feature/function you would want, from tagging, links, both internal and external, embedded tables, video and so much more.

Cons

For home use you can't, for example, import any older OneNote notebooks and it's primary use is connecting it to OneDrive, especially when using with any mobile device. This somewhat limits it's use, though I may be a bit jaded having used it extensively at work. I tried it for home and it works well enough, but the limitations just bugged me to the point where I switched to something else. I didn't like putting my information onto a cloud server.

William from Lancaster Bible College

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

MS OneNote becomes one place for all notes

Pros

Microsoft has really made a gem with this product. OneNote has such a wide breadth of functionality that serves a number of areas of my life. Personally, OneNote is great for handwriting notes and keeping organized notebooks of ideas, projects, and future plans. Professionally, OneNote serves me in my office and in how I support instructors at my institution. We share notebooks of ideas, template our instructional design work, and design activities for teachers to deliver to their students. The synchronous use of the tool allows learners and teachers to work on documents together across devices and even across space as we deliver them in online courses.

Cons

The parity across the desktop app, the mobile app, and the web platform is not yet consistent. There are features available in each space that are useful but that do not work as well as in one of the others. Specifically, using the web platform has better response times on synchronous work: if I handwrite notes on the web platform, they will show up almost immediately on someone else's screen using the web platform. With the apps, there is a significant delay.

Jeffrey from Baptist Health

A great note taking tool, save the trees and use less paper.

Pros

One Note is a great way to take notes and keep your information organized. As a project manager I have a multitude of meetings to keep track of and One Note is my go to tool. I can bring in pictures, drawings, PDFs into my notebook with ease. We have One Note integrated with SharePoint so I can easily share my notes with coworkers or stakeholders. Personally I also use One Note with the personal version of Office 365. I can access my notes from my work PC, home laptop, or even my iPhone.

Cons

Formatting documents can be tricky, sometimes I need to edit in word and copy those over rather than edit in Onenote.

Avinash from Flipkart

Flexible and Easy to use tool to help you stay organized

Pros

If the application is made to ‘public’, you can share information. You can keep all your accounts as well as your notes updated. You can gain access to your notes via any of the devices. The application has its graphical user interface designed well and it is easy to use. It does not take much time lag to get started up with the application. The application is flexible and you can easily edit once you have created it. You can even tag articles from web sources to your notes. The search feature is very robust.

Cons

It is difficult to navigate from one workbook to another. It doesn't support audio or video format files. Inability to save files that exceed storage limit of 100MB. Lacks in inbuilt graphics feature. It is difficult to add a new block.

Lynda from Clark Pacific

Let's get organized!

Pros

The software is easy to use - intuitive so you can start getting organized quickly. I love that you can add different types of information to your notes - i.e., bring in other documents, pictures, etc. so I can house all my information in one spot. It was a great platform to gather notes as I transitioned into a new role that required a lot of changes to keep organized. And, when I had a new employee start - it was easy to share my helpful tips to naviagating accounting/new company with the new employee (i.e., emailing a page)

Cons

It can be distracting for others when you are taking notes in a meeting. Not the software's issue - just if you have "old school" employees they may think you are not paying attention and multi-tasking.

Kenneth from Kalexander Publishers Inc.

Industry: Graphic Design

Microsoft OneNote: Acting like a leader

When one size fits all in Automated Notetaking/organization Software App, EverNote isn't free, but Microsoft OneNote is - free in two versions and works across all operating systems, flawlessly. Did I say, FREE? And free is the least of the features included in Microsoft's state-of-the-art notetaking and organization OneNote. Free as a stand-alone, or packaged in Microsoft Office 365 which includes everything from Word through skype and more.

Pros

For any business, school, or personal use, quick uploading and organization of unlimited multipage notes have never been more user-friendly and reliable than Microsoft OneNote app and software. No matter what platform the note was taken or written. And, since one version is an online app while another can be downloaded onto the desktop, all notes remain in one place and follows the user wherever there's an internet connection. Last, but not least it's Free, the perfect companion for MS Word files, Excel, etc. I'm always in need of the notes and research references I product and save from online sources, whether, in PDF or some other formate, constant availability is my lifeline for school, personal and business endeavors.

Cons

Synchronization between OneNote desktop and the online version would blow EverNote off the map. But since it doesn't, a few extra clicks to save in both versions solves the problem.

Jesse from Swinerton Builders

The best note-taking app I've used (and I've tried a lot)

Pros

Text and handwriting in photos can be searched for. It automatically skew-corrects and color-corrects camera photos of a slideshow projection. People write amazing plug-ins for it. I use this hourly at home and at work, for keeping track of all kinds of information, including collaborating with my family and team members on the same notebook. It's awesome

Cons

There isn't a built-in way to view notes by date created or edited, but there are third-party plug-ins that help with that. It requires OneDrive (or Sharepoint, Teams, etc.) to collaborate efficiently, which I'm not a big fan of

Michael from Triple-I

OneNote makes sharing information easy!

It's been great. I use it on my tablet, mobile device, desktop, and use it for the prime communication tool for my team.

Pros

OneNote is a great tool to have with the entire MS product suite. It offers quick access to notes that the entire team can share, edit, modify and alert when updates are made. This has made our process of updated requirements and sharing new priorities a seamless process.

Cons

As mentioned, anyone can edit. We've had issues with people not following documentation standards within MS OneNote, which causes confusion - but that is more of a user error than anything that OneNote is doing.

Harish from ITC Limited

All your clips and screenshots can now be easily managed.

Pros

It syncs very well with all your devices. One could easily take clips of web pages and store them systematically using this application. Also, there is an opportunity for the users to make notes (could be handwritten or typed) and then share with their contacts. There is an offline version too. Bookmarks can also be easily made using this application.

Cons

Even though we can share our files, one has to log in to view the files that have been shared. It is not possible to save a file with size more than 100MB. The Android version is not as efficient as the desktop version.

Maria Lenin from Dewayne Hill / Keller Williams Agent

My Personal Notebook in a Cloud

Pros

I use OneNote for my notes and listings. It’s like my diary or notebook where I store all important information I have gathered from websites or trainings. I like OneNote because I can assure that all my files are secured and stored in a cloud platform. I like the OneNote badge feature when using my android mobile phone because it is easy to take notes when i jump from one website to another when researching. You can also add files and images to be stored. I think the recording is very cool. Some prefer recording their voice for storing information rather than typing.

Cons

OneNote Badge is only available on mobile application. This is not available on PC application and feature was made for Android users.

Timothy from Pro Com Communications, Inc

ONE NOTE is the best Software for Note Keeping

The ability to take Notes for Different Companies and different projects and store them all in one place in an organized fashion

Pros

I love One Note as it is the easiest Note Taking Software around. You can create different Notebooks with subtabs in each notebook to organize everything according to category. This was they are always there in an organized fashion when you need them. The best part is you can create everything on either your PC or Phone and they Sync between each other.

Cons

I didn't have anything that I do not like about this software. It think it is absolutely the best

Miriam from Integrity Staffing

One Notes - Microsoft Review

Pros

YET another GREAT software by Microsoft. It's super user friendly. The nice thing about OneNote like many Microsoft program (if not ALL) whenever you don't know something about the product or if you need help finding way to maximize it you can always find help or search on the program "how to". Great product for keeping important information saved.

Cons

Not too many cons. It would be nice to see Microsoft allow OneNote notes to be saved in PDF form. The format of Microsoft is very nice. It should be able to be printed as seen on the computer.

Mario from Philippine Airlines

One of the best note taking application out there!

All in all, this application is very reliable and helpful. It allows you to retrieve your notes anytime and anywhere when you needed it and most of all you just need your smart phone or device to use it.

Pros

I love using this application. It’s allows me to save up notes anytime I want to. It’s very reliable and its effortless to sync all notes in one. Amazing search result. I can easily search the note with one go. It also has many features which I think is great. Fantastic design, very mininal, looks neat and very flexible.

Cons

I’ve been using this for the longest time and I cannot really tell if there’s a big downside about this application. Its wonderful and very helpful especially if you want to organize all of your notes and thoughts.

Ciedelle from Amazon

Best Digital Notebook

I love having digital notebooks, and OneNote is the best note taking solution I have used, also being able to sync notebooks across devices as I have multiple devices used through work and personal use.

Pros

Ease of use, the tab layout is very efficient, being able to color the tabs and organize notebooks and pages.

Cons

I just hope the actual notes can be colored (like a sticky note) like the background of the sheets can be colored or the pages can be colored individually.

Jesús Noehi

Great for notes

Pros

Its very easy to keep information organized because it allows you to create different tabs, this way you can make one for each subject, and then inside you can make more tabs. Also, allows to insert all kinds of information, like text, images (screen captures and such), graphics, sheets and more. The files can be synchronized with One Drive, making them available from anywhere and at the same time having a backup of them. You can configure a password to make them more secure.

Cons

At first it can be a bit confusing, but after the initial setup its actually very easy to use, and since I've started using it I havent found any cons, it does what I require of it perfectly.

Bobby from SG360

Bobby's OneNote Review

I use it for note taking during meetings. I can upload screenshots or pictures, charts and graphs, etc. and share them with anyone.

Pros

It is an amazing app for taking notes, screenshots, pictures, or anything for that matter. It lets you organize them however you want, in folders, etc. After taking notes or whatever, it stores it in the cloud so you can access it from anywhere.

Cons

Nothing really. It was rough to get started, but anything new always is. After messing around with it for a day or so, I was able to jump right in and utilize the app to my needs.