What are ONLYOFFICE Workspace users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ONLYOFFICE Workspace software through verified user reviews

• icon"Great deal for those who want to get away from M$'s pricing scheme. MUCH BETTER deal than M$ Off365."
  • icon"Working together on a document has always been good. It is clearly structured."
  • icon"Nice online office suite. We need more of these alternatives."
  • icon"The licensing scheme is weird for open source software."
  • icon"Hard to edit current documents, slightly confusing layout."
  • icon"When used in a corporate environment, the prices charged for OnlyOffice can accumulate quickly depending on how many users will use it. It's not simple do deploy."

Browse all ONLYOFFICE Workspace Reviews

• Have you used ONLYOFFICE Workspace and would like to share your experience with others?

Mirko

Industry: Consumer Electronics

A must have tool, The SwissArmy app on the Office Universe.

I use ONLYOFFICE everyday to send and receive documents, on my work and personal life, the software allow to work Mobile and Desktop so it's easy to go from one to other and continue working, no everyone have Microsoft Office but everyone can have ONLYOFFCE EASY and continue with the work with the same quality, I love the formula management and use every time to easy explain problems and ideas, the integration with world and graphics allow us to create professional presentations and forms to improve or work.

Pros

- Fast to load, allow to work in no time and don't eat a lot resources on the memory machine, fast response and very robust to work. - Very intuitive, all the commands are easy to access, menus and icons are very well arranged to work with it. - Support a lot new features with the addons and new tools. - Easy to export and full compatible to send any work to any person. - Support multiple Languages on the same documents, this allow to communicate globally with co-workers in the world. - PDF Export made easy and 100% compatible. - Great Tech and Community support to feel in touch with people that really care about.

Cons

- Some times the system freeze a little, that's because need time to clean on importing documents from other sources and made more compatible documents. - Extra features become bad translated, so need to test before use. - Don't run on every OS system, but developers works fast to solve it. - New features on other office systems still don't implemented, so show errors on importing documents. - Poor graphic editor, need a little more improve.

Nick

Amazing Open Source Alternative to Google Docs or MS365

Overall, ONLYOFFICE is a game changer. It is a viable alternative to mega cloud corporations like Google and Microsoft. It's nice to have your own private server with control of your data. Pair ONLYOFFICE with NextCloud and you have all of the productivity software you need.

Pros

I like that ONLYOFFICE is free and can be self-hosted. It is the best Office alternative that most accurately reads and writes Word/Excel/Powerpoint compatible files. It runs fast on both desktop and in the browser. It integrates nicely with NextCloud. The mobile apps are also great.

Cons

I wish that the iOS mobile app could connect directly to a NextCloud server instead of requiring an ONLYOFFICE Community server. The desktop app does this and it is perfect for NextCloud users.

Reasons for choosing ONLYOFFICE Workspace

ONLYOFFICE was my preferred choice because it does everything these other products do that I need, it's free, it's self-hosted, and it integrates with NextCloud.

Reasons for switching to ONLYOFFICE Workspace

I switched to ONLYOFFICE for NextCloud integration, as well as for privacy and control over my own data.

jose manuel

Industry: Civil Engineering

Software sencillo

Pros

La facilidad de implementación y la sencillez de uso.

Cons

Que no tenga herramientas de marketing avanzado.

Jorge

September 2016

Good app, Bad support

It is a good application, but the support is very bad...we never have a right answer, they take days to answer, and it looks like the company is runned by one single person. Never found out who is the manager, and there is nobody to complaint when you get bad support services. Good software, but for those who do not need a business stability....well...you'll get quite nervous not knowing whats going to happen if there is a problem.

Pros

Good price, lots of features

Cons

Important features are not there (like automatic syncronization with Drive or Dropbox), also photo gallery is missing. No way to your network fellows know when there is a new document on a project, And no communication with the managers. It looks like the company is runned by a single person, Eugene. This person answers the online chat and will tell you to send the request to support. You do that...and one day later the same Eugene replies! Usually, you get no solution for your problem. Or you just give up.

Philippe

March 2022

Wish I would have discovered it sooner!

Very satisfied - it really helps us run our non-profit association in a very professional and productive way.

Pros

All you need to run and manage a non-profit association like ours. We have all we needd and I just love the integration of the email system with the CRM system. I which I would have discovered this sooner when I was on the board of other associations. This really beats working with a Google or other envrionment to manage an organization.

Cons

I would like to be able to set up automations with Integrately (similar to Zapier) so that we can connect our website and interactions there with our CRM etc...

Reasons for choosing ONLYOFFICE Workspace

Simple; features, ease of use and the specific non-profit pricing.

Reasons for switching to ONLYOFFICE Workspace

This is really a full organization suite and has CRM, email, documents, forms, community, chat etc... Much more collaborative features than what we used previously.

February 2022

Nice compatible office suite

Pros

I am able to read and save as Microsoft documents, and I can save it all on my personal server which is accessible anywhere I have internet.

Cons

Onlyoffice seems to work really well for my needs. I do get a little confused by the products on offer... ie. business vs personal, hosted vs self-hosted.

Reasons for switching to ONLYOFFICE Workspace

I wanted to keep my personal information private

Nurul Huda

Amazing open source Workspace

Pros

ONLYOFFICE Workspace has all the workspace software should have, like the ability to delegate project and task to all my team members when we are running a project. Even-tho it is an open source software, it is no short of feature that all other more mainstream software has. The best free workspace software so far.

Cons

Problem with an open source software is, there are no real customer support and user need to find themself a solutions from the forum if the problem need a fix for any problem arises. Other than that, connecting to the NextCloud server is quite frustrating when i tried to use it from my iPhone.

Stefan

Giving 'big' competitors good competition

Onlyoffice is very easy to get used to. No hassle, no problems, it just works. There is a good amount of customization possible.

Pros

-tightly integrated suite of office capabilities -great for small to medium work teams -no hassle configuration

Cons

-could provide more integration points (specially with widely adapted collaboration tools)

April 2022

Amazing Cloud based workspace

Pros

Onlyoffice Workspace provides the ability to create, collaborate and share files within your organization on a safe and secure Cloud based platform. It also gives you the option to work with a range of Ms Office documents.

Cons

Wish the user interface could be little more user friendly.

Marc

Solide et riche

Le travail collaboratif facile

Pros

Les fonctionnalités de travail collaboratif en ligne

Cons

Les fonctions d'éditions de document et de tableau

Masturah

Let me collaborate and work with colleague

Pros

ONLYOFFICE is one of the best open source workspace software that are on par when compared it with more knowable workspace software like Google Workspace. It let me and my team to collaborate on document and task, along with the communication hub that allowing us to interact on real-time.

Cons

Deploying the software for the first time is confusing and frustrating, as it won't linked with my storage server and no detailed manual are provided from them to guiding me to troubleshoot the problem myself.

Diego

ONLYOFFICE is definitely the way to go when you need to implement an online document management app.

As a user my entire company (and possibly our clients) get a great user experience very close to the Microsoft suite it's inspired to, but online and with the possibility to install the whole thing on your own servers. Also document format compatibility looks really great (we did some quick tests and it's really impressive). Finally, being open source, enables even more opportunities, from deeper integrations to forking to implement any wild idea but within an Office- or Google-like code base.

Pros

My company was in search for an online document editing experience (similar to Google Docs) but with the option to install it on our own premises. Apart from online LibreOffice (which is definitely a cool technical idea but really too heavy, with a debatable user experience and some weird limitations), there was nothing to be found out there. Then by pure chance I stumbled upon ONLYOFFICE and magically our problem was solved! After a few hours of poking around with a few lines of code, I had my prototype up and running, and people in the company really impressed with it!

Cons

Well honestly it's hard to find anything wrong with this product, but if I need to, I would point out some complexity in the setup and also some gaps in the documentation (again from a technical standpoint). Also I found it after hours of research on the Internet, so maybe it would be great to invest in marketing as well (not only ads I mean). Finally (and I'm not sure this is a real shortcoming), business professionals that are proficient with e.g. Microsoft Excel keep asking for more Excel-like features to be implemented in ONLYOFFICE (because they really like the product).

Hanah

Industry: Writing and Editing

Excellent Online Office Suite!!

My overall experience with OnlyOffice has been great. I had issues looking for a suite that had everything I needed. When I worked on documents or projects it seemed I was looking all around for one with good formatting options. When I found this one I was super excited. It helped me with the table of contents and also other issues I was dealing with for my document. I recommend other people using it, especially those who do loads of projects frequently.

Pros

I love this software so much because it helps me manage my documents effectively. It's so easy and it's not complicated to use. It's a smooth software and it helps you get every task you need done. When you create a document there are options to save your document to docx,pdf, text, odt, rft, and html. Many programs that I have used in the past don't allow me to save my document to the file saving that I need. This is really important for me because certain projects that I work on have to have it saved to a certain one. I also love how there are loads of formatting options and since I am also a writer this helps me. As, I am working on each document or chapter for my book I have many options to choose from. When I was first looking for a office suite to work on my projects I was looking for one with a table of contents option and this one had it! I enjoy adding images to my projects and there is an option in the formatting section to do just that.

Cons

This office suite is one of the best and the only thing I think could help it would be just to keep advancing it. It's already really good. Just keep on updating it. =)

It brings great efficiencies when working with a loose distributed team of people with one common community regular activity.

Pros

Clear and Easy to use Office applications solution for small or medium businesses with no IT staff. OnlyOffice is a great managed application leaving just users, roles and folder organisation to the portal owner to define. The office applications are solid replicas of Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Meaning, the interface will be familiar to most. You also get CRM, team blogging and project management too. The components are presented in a single tabbed interface be it your browser or downloadable apps. I have personally found the support staff very attentive and there is comprehensive online help available. A bonus, is that the downloadable apps are multiplatform across Windows, Mac, Ubuntu, iOS and Android too. It gives asingle interface into your portal with the permissions and views set up by the company portal owner.

Cons

None really. If you are of an organised mind, this solution will be relatively quick and simple to set up.

Ed

It worked for me!

I used ONLYOFFICE through my university, who used the software for their email portal, among other things. In general, the software seemed to cope easily and efficiently with this limited level of function, and, having now graduated, I would be happy to use the software again at a later date, perhaps to explore its other possible functions.

Pros

Accessibility on a number of platforms. Smart, efficient interface with minimal interference to functioning - I was often able to give no thought to *how* I was accessing my work or emails.

Cons

The app I was using on my phone linked only to the login portal for my university email account, meaning that most of the time I had to type my details in to access my emails. It seemed as if the infrastructure between softwares was limited - I could have saved some energy by not having to type my address and password in each time.

Uno strumento che non può mancare nella suite di Google Drive

Utilizzo spesso il pc per scrivere e mi capita di usare gli strumenti di Office. Tuttavia spesso ho bisogno di salvare il materiale su Drive e quando sono sprovvisto di pc e ho necessità di modificare qualcosa nei files caricati su Google Drive, OnlyOffice è l'unico strumento che mi permette di fare ciò.

Pros

La particolarità di quest'estensione è proprio quella di riuscire a codificare in modo corretto, l'estensioni dei file Office come docx, xlsx, etc. Ciò rende molto utile il caricamento di detti files su Drive e modificarli direttamente su Drive stesso, senza necessità di creare ulteriori documenti nel formato Google Drive.

Cons

Si potrebbe migliorare la compatibilità soprattutto per Excel, che alcune formule non vengono caricate in modo corretto. Per il resto va più che bene.

Helen

June 2016

Impressive web office & online document processing

After a month of using ONLYOFFICE I've decided to drop a line about what it is. ONLYOFFICE is a neatly organized web office suite for corporate communication. It contains a usable project management system with all necessary tools including Gantt Chart, and a convenient CRM. In general, it allows you to have your entire office in the cloud with a diverse range of facilities making communication between team members fast and productive, which is a key factor for companies like ours. The point that I should surely touch upon is amazing document editors. If you haven't tried online document editors you would be totally impressed. If you have already worked with any of them, those from ONLYOFFICE would turn your life upside down. They are as functional, handy and reliable as desktop MS Office or LibreOffice, but they work online. Your documents are always available for editing and sharing at corporate portal, or in IOS App. Document editors have rich capabilities for reviewing and co-editing in different modes: Fast - shows changes in real time for collaborators and Strict - only after changes were saved. Moreover, you may drop files to a favorite cloud storage Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive or any other right from your portal.

Pros

A wide range of facilities for business needs, handy feature-rich online document editors, mail client integrated with calendar and CRM.

Cons

Unfortunately for IOS only document editors are available. If I want to l look through my CRM contacts I need to use a browser apart from application.

Ueli

Onlyoffice changed they way we work

onlyoffice was a success story from the very beginning. Easy integration, a perfect tool but most off all: an absolutely great customer support. We had some minor issues with the integration into Alfresco but the support team managed to solve it within days. A feature request was also realized on the fly. What a great, great service. Onlyoffice was the last piece in the puzzle to gain independence from the big tec companies. No google, no microsoft, no apple. We are free!

Pros

Onlyoffice was very easy to install and implement with our existing Alfresco dms. The users had no problems to adapt and accepted the new tool immediately. After a view days we didn't know how we were able to work without onlyoffice at all. The possibility to work together on the same document at the same time was a big plus.

Cons

There are no cons so far. We've had a minor issue with the integration into Alfresco but that was solved within day by the support team.

Reasons for choosing ONLYOFFICE Workspace

The following features were vital to us: - self hosting - affordable - easy to use

Reasons for switching to ONLYOFFICE Workspace

A web-based tool like onlyoffice made it possible to operate completely os independend. No installation needed, no lock-in technology. Our students can work from home with whatever they've got and at school we can run cheap linux stations.

Peterson

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

It Keeps Me Organized

The software does a lot for the price. I find it very useful in keeping on top of my clients. It does require discipline to keep adding things, but it is mostly easy to use. There are little quirks to it, but nothing that makes it unworkable.

Pros

Keeps track of clients throughout the entire process from the moment I make initial contact to the point where I receive payment. Interfaces w/ my Gmail Great projects features> I organize projects and then can keep associated contacts and documents. Wonderful invoice feature

Cons

Does NOT interface with my own email system. Must use gmail or other established providers Word processing is clunky & hard to export. When I copy in or out of it, it does not include hot links The various components are not fully integrated.

OnlyOffice Personal - Great for Chrome OS & CloudReady

Easy-to-use, free and great interface!

Pros

I've been using OnlyOffice Personal for couple years with my Acer ChromeBook 11 and CloudReady Desktop at Home for couple years now. I like having access to all my Cloud Storage such as Dropbox and Google Drive.

Cons

OnlyOffice Personal Extension seems to work on some of my machines. Offline Editing would be great feature (if possible).

Response from Ascensio System

Hello Daniel! Thanks so much for this great feedback. Regarding your suggestion about offline work - you can try ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors. The desktop app already has the same new interface as the online solutions.

Replied July 2018

Carlos

OnlyOffice: online, cloud-based collaboration on documents, spreadsheets and presentations

OnlyOffice is, essentially, an online editor for text documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Instead of having to edit such files in slow desktop applications, OnlyOffice allows me to edit them directly in the browser while collaborating with my friends and colleagues.

Pros

I think these are the main advantages of OnlyOffice: 1. It's completely online and cloud-based. OnlyOffice runs entirely in the cloud; there are no slow desktop applications and sending revisions over email. I can edit all my documents directly in the browser and collaborate in real time with my friends and colleagues. 2. It's cross-platform. Since it runs directly in the browser, you can use OnlyOffice in any device that has one. There are also standalone desktop versions. 3. It's free for personal use. That's a really good value for what it offers.

Cons

These are the main disadvantages of OnlyOffice: 1. It's expensive. When used in a corporate environment, the prices charged for OnlyOffice can accumulate quickly depending on how many users will use it. 2. It's not simple do deploy. Deploying your own instance of OnlyOffice is not a simple task; it requires some knowledge about networks and server administration.

Eamon

Exactly what we've been looking for

Being able to utilize real-time collaborative editing while avoiding the cloud.

Pros

We work mostly with a single client who uses Excel for most of their processes. Productivity massively improves when we can work on these spreadsheets collaboratively in real-time. However, our client (very reasonably) requires that none of their data is stored in the cloud, so using a service like Google Docs or Office 365 is out of the question. Being able to host OnlyOffice directly on our internal servers is huge. Our employees have been singing the program's praises ever since we rolled it out - it's much easier to use than Sharepoint, where we have to take turns checking out documents. We're also very pleased with the technical support. Our questions have always been answered promptly, and issues are diagnosed quickly.

Cons

It's still missing some of the advanced features that some of our users like to use in Excel. Pivot Tables and Slicers are a big one. It's also more difficult to sort data in a spreadsheet after it's been uploaded to OnlyOffice. However, we know that OnlyOffice remains under active development, so we're looking forward to enhanced functionality in the future.

Alexia

Only Office review

I mainly use this for online editing of documents , and have been using it for years now and would recommended to anyone as it is simple and easy to use and gets the job done quickly .

Pros

It is great for editing documents online What I like most is the new feature where you can easily access your documents from anywhere , which is very convenient, and eliminates the hassle of travelling everywhere with your USB flashdrive. It is also quite useful on devices where you might have limited storage or you are running out of storage.

Cons

It might have limited editing capabilities to some people, when it comes to editing your documents online,. It really depends on what you are using it for

Stan

Almost every thing I could ask for

I travel and have a small Chromebook for notes and spreadsheets and correspondence. I tried MS Word online, Google Docs, WPS, Polaris, and LibreOffice, and none of them seemed to fit my needs as well as ONLYOFFICE.

Pros

The layout, the wide range of functions, the similarity to MS Word (but with some features not found in Word).

Cons

It's occasionally a little slow in opening. And it won't allow me to save to Dropbox (I have to save documents to ONLYOFFICE online and then move them to Dropbox). Those are the only two drawbacks I can think of, and the second is probably a glitch that can be fixed if I would contact their customer support.

Roger

we use it for our non profit organization, we are very happy with only office. its easy to set up

its make our organization working

Pros

easy to use. in different language. the office products and easy to send emails also to make groups and and the database is very good.

Cons

the talk version, its not possible to chat our discuss via android app same is that you can not consult you email via mobile devise app our mobile website. ones you have send you email acound , your own domain name its not possible to consult it via a other way.

ONLYOFFICE Workspace