What are OnTheClock.com users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using OnTheClock.com software through verified user reviews

• icon"My favorite feature is the search for certain date frame. Has saved me so much time when running payroll."
  • icon"The interface is great on the admin side. Our employees have liked the ease of use."
  • icon"Works great with Quickbooks. Anytime I had to call to ask questions, they answered right away and were able to answer my questions."
  • icon"They are constantly evolving so any suggestions end up being fixed before there's a problem."
  • icon"I worse problem is older employees who have challenges with technology not wanting to use it. I have one employee I let do a paper time sheet."
  • icon"The inability to request time off without it being a PTO request."

Browse all OnTheClock.com Reviews

• Have you used OnTheClock.com and would like to share your experience with others?

Kevin

Easy and reasonably priced

Using Quickbooks with the time clock information makes payroll take a couple of minutes, allowing me to get done quickly and correctly. Employees like the ease of use, so they actually clock in and out! The cost of the program has risen, but still well worth the time savings.

Pros

As an employer I wanted an easy to use time clock. This is and has been such an easy set up and managed program I could not recommend it more highly. The ability to assign managers for other employees has made my payroll day so much easier, which is a big time saver, making payroll a breeze.

Cons

Printing options. There is not a smooth way to print audit logs. Having that additional report would be a great help for documentation of changes made after the fact.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Kevin, We appreciate your feedback and review. Have a great day!

Replied December 2018

Michelle

Industry: Food Production

Time card tracking made easy!

I have tried other time card apps, and they seem a little clunky. This app is easy for administrators and employees to manage time cards. Especially the function that allows employees to adjust hours if needed.

Pros

What I like most about this software, is the dashboard on a laptop or computer and the mobile app is very easy to use. Payroll is 100% easier to manage with this app.

Cons

What I like most about this software, is the dashboard on a laptop or computer and the mobile app is very easy to use and navigate. Payroll is 100% easier to manage with this app.

Reasons for choosing OnTheClock.com

We wanted a Mobile app For employees. Square does not offer that at the time.

Reasons for switching to OnTheClock.com

App that employees could be easily trained to use, and current update their time cards if they were on deliveries Using the mobile mode.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Michelle! We are very grateful for your review about our time clock.

Replied January 2022

Elizabeth

Industry: Mental Health Care

August 2022

Pretty good, but not great.

Pros

The Software is very much user friendly.

Cons

Did not have the ability for multiple types of schedules.

Jamie

Industry: Machinery

GPS does not always track

Everyone I talked to is great, I will give it a try. They told me GPS is a new feature and that they will continue to roll out features for it. I just wish it was much more transparent on how the employee controls the GPS.

Pros

The interface is great on the admin side. Our employees have liked the ease of use. The cost is really reasonable as well.

Cons

The biggest drawback and why I might switch back to TSheets is that the GPS is dependent on the employee. If they close the app out it stops tracking them. It defeats the purpose of having it to prevent time theft. I am not sure why it can't continue to run in the background as that is what TSheets does. If you create geofencing it only matters for punching in and out. If they leave it does not punch them out but continues to keep their time. The GPS feature is great but if the employees have the control over it, it defeats the purpose of having it.

Reasons for choosing OnTheClock.com

I have a friend that uses it which is why I am using the free trial. I really liked the interface and the ease of use for our employees.

Reasons for switching to OnTheClock.com

The cost of OnTheClock was significantly cheaper than TSheets and it looked like the offered the same features. However, TSheets does not allow the employee to use the app unless they agree to the GPS tracking.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Jamie, Thank you for the honest and kind feedback. Our developing team is currently working on some new robust and detailed features that will be geared towards improving the items you mentioned. We would love to have you continue to grow with the OnTheClock family. Have a great day, -OTC Team

Replied July 2020

Pieter

Industry: Food Production

June 2022

Great product

Very good system for HR use

Pros

Perfect product to use for employees to log their work times

Cons

nothing,works well I would say that you can maybe look at price or to help small businesses to get say at least 5 employees on before paying monthly?????

Reasons for switching to OnTheClock.com

Had problems working with the software and logging in for employees was difficult.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Pieter, thanks so much for the awesome review about how the system helps your employees log their time. We greatly appreciate your suggestions for small business pricing for 5 or fewer employees. Have a wonderful day!

Replied September 2022

Billy

Time to grow daymakers.com

Nothing but good news, with the website and customer service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is extremely helpful!

Pros

OnTheClock.com solves employee management at an affordable price. I am rebuilding and the service is free for two employees or less. I hope to 3 or more employees by the end of the year and will happily pay the very reasonable rate per employee, currently $3 monthly.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything not to like. I am very happy with OnTheClock.com!

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for taking the time to review our time clock system, Billy. Have a nice day.

Replied August 2021

Tammy

Industry: Law Practice

May 2022

Easy Peasy

Excellent!

Pros

User friendly, inexpensive, options beyond just time tracking

Cons

So far, I haven’t found anything I don’t like.

Price

Response from OnTheClock

Hey Tammy! We appreciate your amazing review and feedback!

Replied May 2022

Tereza

Why Pay Too Much for Time Tracking Software

I have had no issues with the program and use it regularly. We saved a lot of money by switching.

Pros

We have a small organization so we pay nothing for this software. It allows us to still track codes, time off etc. In fact, the time off feature works better than with some other companies as we can customize to each employee. It is easy to use. We also work remotely and don't require check in/out and are able to merely enter the number of hours for each job code.

Cons

The time off feature is a little odd as it doesn't show in the administrative reports easily. However, once you learn to use it, it works fine.

Reasons for choosing OnTheClock.com

I reviewed a bunch of products online and reviewed several articles specifically for the nonprofit arena. On the clock was recommended and I found it very easy to use.

Reasons for switching to OnTheClock.com

TSheets was too cumbersome for our small organization as we only have a few job codes. In addition, the product was costing us a fortune.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Tereza! Thanks for the awesome review. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance with our time off tracking feature - we would love to help. Thanks again, -OTC Team

Replied April 2020

Beth

Best Time-clock App!!!

Pros

This app does everything I need it to do and more! I chose this one over the others because it does a time sheet/stub I can include with my employees checks. It’s the perfect app for my cleaning business!!

Cons

I do not like that it is priced per user. As my business grows the price goes up for each new employee.

Reasons for switching to OnTheClock.com

On the clock does more than just punch-in/out.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Beth, Thank you for reviewing our time clock. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our pricing. We try our best to accommodate everyone's needs who uses our employee time tracking solution. Have a great day.

Replied December 2019

Lissette

May 2022

OnTheClock is a good software to integrate with other payroll solutions

Pros

Integrates with Gusto (my payroll solution software) Employees can easily track their time and PTO requests

Cons

The PTO requests are not so obvious on the management side. There's no pop-up or obvious warning that lets me know someone requested PTO. I would have to be conscientious to go into the PTO section and see if anyone did.

Reasons for switching to OnTheClock.com

Because Gusto's time tracking is not as good.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Lissette, thank you for your valuable feedback and generous review. Have a great day.

Replied May 2022

Joey

Industry: Photography

February 2022

Ease Of Use Is A Plus

Time management, specifically with part time and contract workers.

Pros

This product is very user friendly for both employees and administrators.

Cons

Everything has been fine for us with this software. We did a test run on a few competitor platforms and that made it easier for us to make the decision to stay with this one.

Reasons for choosing OnTheClock.com

te offer of a wide selection of time management as well as leave accrual.

Response from OnTheClock

Hey Joey! We appreciate the amazing feedback!

Replied February 2022

Wiatt

September 2022

Easy!

Pros

Time clock makes clocking in and out of work very easy and efficient!

Cons

No complaints about the time clock software!

Industry: Public Safety

Amazing Software

We had a time clock system that didn’t integrate with QuickBooks in anyway. Not only have we been able to make our payroll process more efficient, we’ve been able to dial in to gain information over our staffing and what is required.

Pros

I switched to this software about a year ago for many reasons. First there were some integrations with QuickBooks to help us make our payroll process more efficient. I love that we can create “jobs” for employees; it’s really helped us to see how we’re going with staffing. I also LOVE their customer service! Anytime I’ve ever had a question or needed help, they do so right away!

Cons

I wished it directly linked to QuickBooks but that’s it!

Reasons for choosing OnTheClock.com

Pricing and what was offered.

QuickBooks Integration

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Sarah! Thanks for sharing your feedback. We would be more than happy to assist with your QuickBooks integration. Please contact us at 888-753-5999

Replied January 2022

Dailey

Fool proof!!!

My overall experience with OnTheClock has been great from start to date. I just got off the phone with customer service and was super disappointed it an issue I have been having and she helped me fix it easily I love the app I love the price I love how easy it is I love how easy it is for everybody else to use it. I do not have to go through a training process with my employees it’s very self-explanatory I love that you can send your employees an invite to download the app and it pops up on their phone.

Pros

I love that my employees can easily punch in and out and then every two weeks I go in approve their time send it to my payroll software and pay my employees. Payroll takes me about 45 minutes every two weeks because of on the clock. This leaves me time to work in the field and attend other responsibilities that I have. It also leaves less room for error in time cards and allows me to know where I need to step in and help people who may be taking longer than they should regularly by glancing at their time. Also for safety purposes it’s nice to be able to know when people are working and where they might be working especially if it’s at night time.

Cons

I do my schedule a month in advance and it’s a very tedious process to sit down and do the schedule. I feel like there should be an easier way to do it. A lot of the jobs that we have a redundant and carrying over instructions when I duplicate shifts is not an option that would Make it a lot easier. Another thing I don’t like about it is that my employees cannot clock in or clock out when they do not have good cell phone service. I feel like there should be a feature that if you don’t have cell phone service you should still be able to clock out and then the app will update when you do get cell phone service.

Reasons for choosing OnTheClock.com

Because it was incredibly easy to understand how it might be used without having to use it first. I tried a few different ones first and I had to buy a trial Version or I had to try the free version first and you couldn’t use any of the features unless you bought it. From what I remember some of the other ones did not explain well on their website how the app is used or the features that it had. I needed a product that was going to be easy to use every day that we worked by multiple people and if I couldn’t understand how easy it was to use by reading the directions I assumed it wouldn’t be easy to use if I actually had it.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Dailey, Thank you for your feedback. We are in the process of improving our employee scheduling and allowing it to be a much more improved experience. Thank you so much, -OTC Team

Replied November 2020

Love this product

Easy, professional, intuitive, inexpensive, feature rich, and a set-it and forget-it type of product. We have never had to call for customer service in two years of use.

Pros

It's accurate, easy to use and implement, super reliable, and very cost efficient. Don't let the big payroll services sell you an expensive time clock product that isn't better than OnTheClock.com and that costs 10 times more!

Cons

What I like least about this software is that I didn't know about it years before I implemented it. We were using a paper system for time reporting by employees until we found someone padding their hours. OnThe Clock.com stopped the padding process immediately and paid for itself 10 times over.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Mark, Wow, wow, wow. This is what we have to say from your awesome review and feedback. It makes OnTheClock very happy to read how we have helped you and your company. Sounds like you had an issue with time theft from an employee, which is a huge situation among millions of companies in the world. Thanks again, OTC Team

Replied August 2019

Justin

OntheClock has revolutionized our business and helped us increase revenues!

10/10. Highly recommend! Skip the other apps and use OTC.

Pros

Prior to OTC, we were having employees manually log hours. This was not effective and very time consuming because we had no way to oversee that employees were being honest about their time logs. We then tried out a few other applications, but they lacked essential functionality that we required. Then we tried OTC. It is a game changer! Our employees press 1 button on their phone to clock in and the same button to clock out. SIMPLE. The app also has GPS tracking, which shows us exactly where the employee is when they clock in and out. This ensures that they are being truthful about punches. The best part is that its completely free up to a certain number of employees. We're happy to pay for our 10 employees.

Cons

Our biggest issue was the User Interface for the admins. They recently overhauled it and now we love it. So no cons now.

Needed better functionality.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Justin, Thank you for taking the time to give us an honest and detailed review. We are happy that you enjoy our new time clock user interface.

Replied August 2019

Industry: Furniture

My 2nd and last time clock system

With the Punch IN and OUT alerts I am able to monitor my jobs without logging into the clock system to see when people come and go.

Pros

1) Its user friendly. 2) As the admin and payroll reporting person, it simple for me to get the info I need to report the hours to payroll company. 3) If I need to edit employees times, I can do it in a few steps. 4) I really like that it will alert me when someone punches IN and OUT.

Cons

1) It would be nice if the system would not combine the total hours in a bi-weekly cycle. I like to look to see who is getting close to OT each week. 2) during my busy time I have to hire a staffing service. My employees start their week on Saturday. The Staffing Service starts their employees on Sunday. So I have to have 2 separate accounts to track their time. I wish I could combine the 2 accounts so I can see both at the same time. Not a huge deal.

Reasons for choosing OnTheClock.com

It was cheap and easy. Other companies gave me a lot of features I did not need.

Reasons for switching to OnTheClock.com

I needed to upgrade to a better system and the software and hardware was above 3k. It did not make since why it cost so much for less than 10 people.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello David, Thank you for the great review. We recently released a new feature that alerts you when employees are approaching overtime. You can set this to alert you at a specific amount of time before they will hit OT. Here is a link for you to learn more: https://www.ontheclock.com/A-Time-Clock-With-Overtime-Alerts-.aspx

Replied January 2020

Jonathan

Ontheclock makes it absurdly easy to track time and punches.

Ontheclock allows us to easily track punches across all employees and locations, even remote employees who work from home. It also ensures quick, easy, and accurate punches from employees as they don't have to spend any more than a couple of seconds to punch into the Group Punch site once it's up.

Pros

The incredible amount of flexibility it offers is amazing. You can set or restrict punches from specific devices, regions, IP addresses, and similar on a per-employee basis or account-wide, allowing you to make sure that every employee is punching in when and were it's appropriate to do so. It allows a per-employee automatic accrue system for PTO. Approving PTO requests is a breeze as well.

Cons

In terms of end-user friendliness, it's a bit rough for non-tech-savvy folks to find the specific website they should log into and punch from - just going to ontheclock.com doesn't actually show anywhere you can log in or punch. This leads to needing to explain specific steps and URLs to users, or sending them a link to click, rather than just telling them to go to the site. It's also a bit of a hassle to reach the Group Punch site where employees can simply enter their employee number to punch in or out, and that could easily be resolved by having an application you could download to turn a desktop into a punch station.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Jonathan, thank you for the great review and awesome feedback. We always like to hear how we can improve. Have a great day :)

Replied June 2019

Armando

On Cue is On the clock

It will let us have a good sight of any type of trends on employees getting in late, absenteeism. This way we can spot them and have a talk to them. We keep track of overtime, so we are able to study if any employee is abusing or if a client is needing employees to do overtime we can show them a report from on the clock

Pros

It provides many different ways of keeping track of employees. Its user friendly for our employees, and does not required a highly skills in computer. It provides accurate information at the time of keeping control of overtime, vacation hours, sick and personal tme. It will let you know who is in, and out at any time of the day. It also let you see where they are punching in, and what computer they did it Its not expensive, and it will let you add the company Logo in the employee "punch in" website.

Cons

So far whe have not been able to find something to dislike from On The clock... I would say having some videos inside the administrator website showing what you're able to do will be a great way to start. But besides that On the clock is really worth its price

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Armando, Thank you for your very detailed review. We appreciate your feedback. Here is a link to our video section if you are interested :) https://www.ontheclock.com/videos.aspx Have a great day, -OTC Team

Replied February 2019

Sue

Great Time Clock Solution

I really love the ease of use of this software and have implemented it in two other companies I work for.

Pros

We had tried various time clock machines that failed to work consistently and then I found this software and never looked back. The customer support is superior. Easy set up, super reasonable pricing and it has all the features that my company needs.

Cons

Not too long ago they did a "face lift" to the format of the website and I liked the format of the Time Card page before the face lift.

Reasons for choosing OnTheClock.com

Loved that it was US based and we could talk directly with the developers if needed. We wanted to get rid of hardware that kept failing and loved that it was cloud based and had GPS tracking. Also, of everything we've tried in the past, it was the cheapest solution and far exceeded our expectations.

Reasons for switching to OnTheClock.com

The biometric fingerprint scanning system always went offline and we are a 24 hour facility and couldn't have a system that kept failing. We tried several other systems prior to that and none worked consistently. We never have a problem with OnTheClock working.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Sue, Thank you so much for the kind review and feedback. We truly appreciate it.

Replied November 2019

We love OnTheClock

We've tried other time keeping solutions, but have stayed with OnTheClock now for approximately 7 or so years because it is so easy and versatile. We don't even use half the available functions because our office is small and "easy", but it's nice to know all those other functions are there for more complex businesses. In only word, the reason we have stayed is because it is "SIMPLE" and we just love that this is one thing we can count on that won't be a hassle.

Pros

Prior to switching to OnTheClock we actually had a thumbprint scanner. Half of our employees couldn't get it to scan their thumbs consistently. We have satellite offices that created a lot of manual adjusting because we only had one scanner. OnTheClock is sooooo much easier! Accessible from anywhere you have internet access and if there are manual corrections/adjustments to make they are a snap and biweekly I get OnTheClock to email our accountant timecards with no hassle.

Cons

n/a - can't really even think of any cons.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for your kind review! Your feedback on how you use our time clock system for your business is very important to us as well. Have a great day!

Replied May 2019

Ashley

Amazing Staff Member

Overall, I really like it. The staff love it too.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up and use and how knowledgeable the staff is to the software. One staff member in particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], helps me every time I have a question. He's quick to answer and also doesn't talk to you all robotic like I've seen in other chats from other companies.

Cons

I do wish that you could set the time card to be in minutes instead of decimals when fixing hours. It's difficult to see 7.45 and think it means 7 hours and 27 minutes rather than be 7 hours and 45 minutes.

Reasons for choosing OnTheClock.com

Honestly? You guys were the only ones I could find with an online chat that had a staff member [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who could answer all of my questions.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Ashley, thank you for the kind review regarding our product and our customer support rep, Chris. We value your feedback :)

Replied June 2019

Louie

Industry: Printing

Absolute Amazing

It has allowed me to save so much time each two weeks with figuring out my payroll for my staff. Plus it has cut out the dishonesty of some employees, who would add time to their time cards, previous to this system.

Pros

I love that I was able to get rid of my paper time cards, employees cheating on their times when they would log in and out, and it keep track of the total hours for me, instead of me having to figure everything out every payday, I run one simple report and input that info into my payroll manager.

Cons

The only issues I have, that are the time accumulator that is supposed to help me track sick time, etc is not working correctly, however I have not attempted to contact tech support yet. Also the other thing is, we are in Arizona and we do not change times, but some of my employees show up in the reports and hour off from the other employees and we have been unable to get all of our staff on the same time zones, even though we have configured the settings correctly. Otherwise a great product.

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for the review! We will have a representative contact you so we can assist you with tracking your employee's sick time. -OTC Team

Replied August 2017

Matt

Efficient and Complete

Overall it was exactly what I needed. The tools are very simple and easy to manage. The reporting is direct and to the point. It doesn't offer many thrills, but for the cost it's well worth the price.

Pros

The mobile platform gave a quick way to track the jobs with GPS and time stamps - VERY valuable as a contractor who travels to jobs all over. Keeping track of each client is a huge value for end of quarter reporting.

Cons

Wish they had a billing/invoicing component as part of their tool. It would be super if an invoice could be sent immediately to the client. If there IS this feature, I've not seen it yet! It does have to be connected to the Internet always for the tool to work fully... it would be nice if you could still check-in with GPS and have the software automatically add the stamp/clock track create the entry WHEN you get back online?

Reasons for choosing OnTheClock.com

The simplicity and mobile app options made it my first choice.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Matt, thanks so much for your review and feedback. We appreciate the features requests and always pass these along to our developing team for future ideas. Have a great day!

Replied January 2021

Alisha

One of the best decisions we ever made was to get one the clock!

Just not having to calculate a bunch of paper time sheets is a huge benefit!!

Pros

We love that there is an app and the majority of our staff use it. There have been very few times that we've needed to call customer service but when we do, they are fantastic and responding quickly and helping us resolve the issue. We used to do paper time sheets and will NEVER go back to that after switching to on the clock.

Cons

The app sometimes has trouble with follow through if not on wifi. If we are not watching carefully, we think we've clocked out but the app didn't follow through with it. We have to wait for the little message to come up saying the clock out occurred. Also, the last time we used the PTO request feature through the app, it didn't work properly which caused trouble on the book keeping end of things. Our staff now know that if they use that feature on the app, to notify me so I can make sure it worked.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Alisha, Thank you for the feedback. Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance in some of the troubles that you have experienced. We are here to help you and your company as much as possible.

Replied October 2017