What are Primetric users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Primetric software through verified user reviews

• icon"Primetric also helped us minimize the number of meetings required to make decisions about allocating people to projects."
  • icon"Thanks to Primetric we can easily manage our long term budget, and resource planning(staff workload), and compare it to actuals in one place. It also has few useful HR related features."
  • icon"Affordable tool for project planning and follow up with capability to present complete project portfolio and plan resources over several projects. Very good with the Jira integration."
  • icon"Missing time tracking desktop widget or browser extension."
  • icon"I only use Primetric to a narrow extent according to my needs, so unfortunately I have no opinion on this."
  • icon"Loading time is more than a bit annoying, it's the main issue for me."

Browse all Primetric Reviews

• Have you used Primetric and would like to share your experience with others?

Szymon

December 2021

A fantastic solution for getting all the financial insights into your company

Any company looking for strong reporting capabilities - especially in the area of finances - should get interested in Primetric. Prior to installing it, I didn't have a tool that allowed me to check the profitability of a project with such precision - or carry out any other type of financial analysis. Combined with powerful resource allocation features, the financial reports are what make a difference here for me.

Pros

Financial reports are a major advantage of Primetric. They allow me to see how much profit and cost a certain project made, and how that translates to the overall profitability of my company. Also, I get easy access to developer rates which is really helpful for rapid project estimation. Finally, Primetric helps tremendously in resource allocation and gives us a bird’s eye view of current, future, and past allocations for easier planning.

Cons

There was one aspect of the software that presented a steep learning curve for me - project settlement. It took me a long time to figure out how to properly settle tasks. I still made mistakes though, and when that happened I was forced to remove the project and start again.

Jakub

Single command center that improved our budget management, company profitability and staffing

Primetric is a single source of truth for all operational activities. We can create uncertain projects, then initially estimate and plan people and budget there. After that we track actual progress and finances, and draw conclusions based on comprehensive reports. Based on that, we have a clear overview on project portfolio performance, people availability, and financial forecasts. All managers are on the same page, and we don’t need to spend so much time on meetings or making bad decisions because of unclarity.

Pros

Cons

Over the years this software has evolved and expanded and nowadays it can be a bit overwhelming and complicated for newcomers.

Reasons for switching to Primetric

We want to use one tool that have all needed features in one place.

Response from Primetric

Thanks, Jacob! It's a pleasure to work with you, guys!

Replied May 2021

Piotr

Primetric drama

-1 / 10

Pros

None terrible tool, not designed well not stable enough

Cons

Everything especially UX and constant reloading

Anton

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Comprehensive solution for managing an IT outsourcing company

The implementation of Primetric was smooth, and we started using it quickly. At the moment, Primetric will serve as my backup, but it might soon become the main tool I’ll be using to manage our projects. My main objective right now is to get a 100% mirror of our current management records.

Pros

Primetric comes with a broad range of features that cover the most important requirements and use cases of IT companies like ours. Based on my experience, I think it’s the best management and allocation system for an outsourcing company.

Cons

There’s no denying that just like any other solution, Primetric takes some time to get used to. But it’s well worth the effort because of all the features waiting there.

Reasons for choosing Primetric

We wanted to implement a system to collect the most important information about the company in one place. We had a few Jiras used with clients, and it was hard to keep track of the whole thing. I had to export data from the systems, enter them manually, monitor projects, and use spreadsheets to track finances in one place (and, for example, adding overheads).

Response from Primetric

Thanks Anton!

Replied November 2021

Primetric is a great tool for project management

Pros

Flexibility and pace of changes. Communication and cooperation with Primetric make it an unrivaled tool.

Cons

UI / UX is not always the most intuitive and takes a while to get used to

Reasons for choosing Primetric

Dynamics 365 Project Service is hard to implement into organization and does not address all the critical aspects. We had great contact and possibility to verify Primetric with its current clients.

Reasons for switching to Primetric

Features set, great support and contact. Price for value.

Response from Primetric

Thank you!

Marcin

Resource, project and finance management platform of the first choice

Great support team that is result-driven and knows how to get the job done. Primetric people will help you not only to properly implement Primetric, so you can start using it immediately, but they will adjust it to your requirements and internal processes as well.

Pros

Primetric has all the functionalities that small businesses need to manage people and project portfolios from a high-level view. Especially, when you lack clarity and spreadsheets are something that you want to get rid of. These are few that bought us most: High-level view on project portfolio performance and people availability Tentative projects, so we can forecast our financial projections and reserve people to them Clarity in decision making process Less administrative work Advanced reporting adjusted to IT / Consultancy agencies Comparing plans to reality in terms of work and finances

Cons

The Clockify integration is very simple for now, but I know that Primetric team is working on that, so I am not sure whether it is something really worth mentioning.

Response from Primetric

Thanks Martin! It's a pleasure to work with you!

Replied May 2021

Kacper

Intuitive app with great support

Using the app feels good and encourages to explore options as I get used to it

Pros

- very fast customer support - addressing customer feedback with subsequent releases

Cons

- third party integration (eg. JIRA) still needs some development

Response from Primetric

Thank you Kacper! We definitely want to upgrade Jira integration to provide an even better experience. Best!

Iwona

Primetric reinvented how we see our software company.

We previously lacked a thorough understanding of planning and financial management, as well as the ability to compare these plans to reality. In addition, Primetric calculates lots of other indicators that are critical from the standpoint of an IT firm. Our teams can now see what's going on between projects, how the implementation is progressing in relation to the plans, and the financial impact - all in one place

Pros

Primetric is a comprehensive solution that helps IT companies explore their key indicators and compare their plans with reality. The calendar is a really great feature as it allows us to see people’s availability from a bird's eye view. Moreover, Primetric’s API helped to integrate the solution to the other tools we’re currently using.

Cons

I honestly admit that I can't get used to the filter that appears after clicking on the field.

Reasons for choosing Primetric

Primetric became part of our app landscape because it’s an all-in-one system for planning, tracking, and forecasting the availability of developers and finances between projects in the IT service industry - and it has super responsive support!

Response from Primetric

Hello Iwona! Reading such a review is a pure pleasure. Thank you!

Małgorzata

Almost perfect resource management tool

Pros

We can collect lots of info needed to manage our team in one place. We can now track their weekly availability, days off and plan accordingly. JIRA integration helps us check if we follow the project's schedule.

Cons

Loading time is more than a bit annoying, it's the main issue for me. Also would recommend integrating days off with google calendar, and splitting costs and earnings so we could assign budget tracking permissions to Project managers, without giving them access to other employees' hourly rates.

Response from Primetric

Hi Margaret! During the last release, we've improved the speed of the platform. Now, it should be much much faster. Please contact us in case of not seeing any improvement.

Piotr

Primetric helps to manage and order the process of passing on knowledge about how people are assigned to projects. It also helps to optimize our process and gives us a single source of truth about our resource planning. I can see whether there are any conflicts and quickly resolve them or check how one change could impact our business priorities.

Pros

Thanks to Primetric, our processes can be as flexible and minimalistic as possible. Due to the specific character of our R&D projects, we need to build processes that can be adjusted to everyone’s needs on the fly. Primetric also helped us minimize the number of meetings required to make decisions about allocating people to projects. Pros: Reduced number of spreadsheets in use No more chaos originating from the dynamic of R&D projects Fewer meetings Transparent view on resource availability Improved planning process What’s more, the Primetric team is always available to us. If I need to schedule a video call to discuss specific problems, or just send the message via messenger, they are always responsive and helpful.

Cons

At the first sight, the UX is a bit complicated and hard to use, but when you understand the basics it occurs to you that everything is clear.

Response from Primetric

Hi Peter! Thank you very much for your review!

Replied February 2021

Maciej

Tool with potential and still improving

I use that tool everyday, I'm still looking forward to new features to come!

Pros

- Having all info about employers in one place. - easy to manage when it comes to add new and take back accesses - customer support is actually listening users - reports generation - clear road map

Cons

- not intuitive datepicker - When I click a calendar I'm always surprised about the date that is selected - it's randomly sometimes 2018, sometimes it's one month ago, sometimes it's just today. You never know ;) - some settings in tool are not remembered, ex. if I have a week mode (week filter) in timesheet, I would like to have it next time I turn on tool again

Needed reporting module

Tatjana

Affordable tool for project planning and follow up with Jira integration

I’m satisfied with the product and specially with the customer support. Nice to have people to talk to

Pros

Cons

Budget planning is a little complicated

Response from Primetric

Tanja - thank you very much! We are currently working on the UI improvements for budget management, so I hope that you will be able to settle projects faster and easier soon.

Primetric Review

Very good, it has all the features I need for managing projects

Pros

Scheduling resources for projects and project management

Cons

UI is little bit outdated in my opinion, on the other hand it's clear and pretty quick

Response from Primetric

Thank you!

Kamil

Primetric provides real-time project insights for better resource utilization and planning.

When a project is in progress, we use Primetric to keep track of its budget by checking cash flow and predicting potential earnings. If there are any issues, we may add a new variable to see the data in a different context right away. For example, if the long-term partnership with this client has been good, it might make sense to run one sprint with a lower margin.

Pros

Before implementing Primetric, we could only learn how the project worked in terms of the budget at its end. Thanks to the solution, we can now review the status every day to see the project's burn rate and respond accordingly thanks to the integration with Clockify. All is automated, allowing us to have total control over the project's profitability rate.

Cons

The Clockify integration could have more options.

Reasons for choosing Primetric

The main obstacle we faced on a regular basis was keeping track of a project's budget when it was still in progress. We needed a solution that could provide this kind of real-time information and allow us to change the project's path if the margin fell short of our expectations. Primetric was a perfect match for our requirements.

Response from Primetric

Thanks, Kamil! A pleasure to work with you!

Albert

Industry: Program Development

Great features package in not so easy platform

Pros

Complexity of planning in case of project, resources etc.

Cons

Entrance threshold in case of undesrstanding all those features.

Response from Primetric

Hello Albert, thanks for your honest feedback. We are constantly improving the implementation process. This is why every client has their own Account Guardian which is always at your disposal without any limitations.

Maciej

Let's listen to users

We use tool a lot and request to Primetric team that we make could be taken more into consideration. We have multiple users but our requests are taken as we are one user. Our requests don't matter that much I think.

Pros

Having all info about employers in one place. easy to manage when it comes to add new and take back accesses

Cons

- switching between manager and user mode - it's unintuitive. - when previously logged in in user mode and I got email about absence approval I got blank page after clicking on the link to approve it. - datepicker - that's pain in the butt..er. When I click a calendar I'm always surprised about the date that is selected - it's randomly sometimes 2018, sometimes it's one month ago, sometimes it's just today. You never know ;) - Logging time in "no project" is not solved as feature out of the box. Simply said: if user is not assigned to a project it's not possible to have an option to log time. - tool doesn't remember settings, ex. if I have a week mode (week filter) in timesheet, I would like to have it next time I turn on tool again

Needed reporting module

Patryk

Cool thing

cool tool

Pros

ease of use. The most important things are in front to user

Cons

big amount of possibilities that I was not able to use

Response from Primetric

Hi Patrick! Thank you for your review!

Bart

Industry: Computer Games

Using Primetric as sales in gaming work-for-hire studio

Pros

Primetric replaced the old Gantt tool, numerous spreadsheets, and few calls a week. In one system we have skills or our developers, who is doing what and when would be available.

Cons

There are still some performance issues, but minor one.

Response from Primetric

Thanks Bart! That's music to our ears and hearts!

Bartłomiej

Very good tool

Pros

Overview of project portfolio and resources along with planning and adjusting on the spot. Very elastic to model different projects and situations.

Cons

Missing time tracking desktop widget or browser extension.

Response from Primetric

Thanks, Bart for your feedback! We hope to prepare such an extension in the coming months.

Izabela

Easy and very friendly resource management tool

Pros

For me, as for PM, the most important thing is to find resources easily and quickly. This is where we keep all the knowledge up to date. The tool is extremely easy to use and it was very easy to implement in our company.

More options

Response from Primetric

Thanks Iza!

Weronika

Be relevant

Pros

transparency, functionality, database, forecasting

Cons

I do not see area to change at the moment.

Response from Primetric

Thank you very much, Veronica!

Primetric