KeyedIn Projects is a cloud-based project management solution for enterprise-level companies offering a suite with features, such as program management, professional services automation and project portfolio management application. The solution is offered as both an on-premise as well as a web-based system.
With the project portfolio management tool, portfolio managers can prioritize projects based on strategic planning, company resources, and other relevant factors. By using the same system, portfolio managers can also communicate with their team members and make informed decisions regarding resource and time allocation.
KeyedIn Projects also analyzes the overall distribution of assets and resources, and alerts portfolio managers if and when a change in one project will affect other projects. The Project Hierarchy feature allows users to view information about each project and ensure projects are running within the set timeline.
It also supports What-If scenario planning, automated prioritization, push notifications and offers a RESTful API for third-party application integrations.
Brad from BNSF Logistics, LLC
Specialty: Transportation & Logistics
Employees number: 501-1,000 employees
I love the flexibility and customization that is available with this system. We have just started our implementation but the feedback from our users thus far has been positive.
The system is configured for each customer which makes it difficult for them to demo certain features during the sales process.
Kevin from Disruptive Advertising
Keyedin is loaded with more than enough features to be a great enterprise project management solution yet the customer support will more than exceed your expectations. They do a great job over there.
John from PeProSo, LLC
Employees number: 2-10 employees
Focus on the BUSINESS OBJECTIVES that drive the PROJECT & PROGRAM DELIVERY process.
Avoid taking on unnecessary and impossible challenges. Recognize that project managers are different and that they have different styles.
Intuitive, requiring minimal or no training
Easy to Access, Trial & Adopt
Easy to Configure
Peace of Mind (Secure, Robust, Scalable)
Eric from Datalex
1. Has view on time expected per week and that accommodates for expected public holidays
2. There is a view on what part of the process your expense returns are in (submitted vs approved vs paid)
1. Very frustrating user interface:
- finding projects or areas to enter time can take more time than time entry
- Interface times out if you don't move around regularly, but will continue to let you enter time or pages, but once you save it will all disappear at a re-login request. Lots of lost work due to this
2. The process for entering time in a category the first time in a day is very different than when you need to go back and add more time
3. Once saved (the only way to ensure your entry isn't lost when moving between pages), there is no ability to subtract time at the user level.
4. Constant reminder emails are sent even if you have submitted your time.
5. Expense page is confusing to add multiple pages of expense items to a single report and it is very easy to submit a report without realizing it, which a user has no ability to modify.
Ahmed from EdgeArch
Employees number: 11-50 employees
Our experience so far has been relatively good. We felt that the setup process, usability, and interface is not very modern considering SaaS offerings, albeit they don't have the full features offered, however, their designs are by far much more modern and friendlier.
Lack of conduits to our Accounting software QuickBooks.
Keep developing and modernizing the interface. Xero is a good example.
Mark from Arysta LifeScience
Employees number: 1,001-5,000 employees
So far we are about a month into our deployment of KeyedIn Projects and we are starting to see great improvement in how we interact with our projects and overall management. This tool provides significant functionality and visibility to project managers, category managers, and the leadership team in managing project workstreams, tracking expenses vs. budget, and forecasting project budgets. We realized we needed a tool that covered many gaps in our department and we found that with KeyedIn we will have greater visibility and control to all aspects. We have a very complex global business that is ever changing and we needed a tool that was cloud based, easy to use, robust with features and fast enough for us to operate anywhere in the world.
I like the dashboards and the ability for us to visibly see what is going on anywhere within a project or portfolio. The custom reports are great and the onscreen widgets provide great insights into what is going on.
Still getting to know the tool - but so far no con's.
Neil from Andile Solutions
Employees number: 51-200 employees
We've been using KeyedIn Projects for over 2 years now. It is a great overall PM and Professional Services solution at a competitive price. Some functionality needs some improvement but overall we are satisfied. The GUI is outdated, but with the release of the new version 6 release, we are excited that the product is moving from strength to strength.
- Complete overall solution
- Covers the broad spectrum of touching points within a PS firm
- Competitive pricing
- Outdated GUI and graphs/analytics
- Not a complete billing cycle solution
- Low quality invoice templates
Manj from Think 180
Allows me to keep track of my portfolio. Project invoicing is much efficient with the KeyedIn. Love the product.
Rob from Datalex
Employees number: 201-500 employees
it is disappointing how the application feels like an old client server but has all the session timeout challenges of a modern web application.
I wasn't involved in the implementation design at our organisation, but user experience are not considered. A user journey map, considering the number of steps in a process, or time to enter data..
you can't edit your time once submitted; no staging area
default filters are not as expected (mysterious time bounds)
approving individual expenses does not approve a claim?
Emails by default, rather than based on sumbission status?
limited API access for integration into our tools
It is web based. the limited reports meets the needs of the finance team.
as previous. poor user experience.
1. No staging area capacity for timesheets. (once you save it's for manager to edit).
2. Emails that come whether you submit or not.
3. Report on who has or hasn't entered time.
4. Filters on expenses appear to have some sort of timeframe not included in the name
5. "feature" to approve individual expenses doesn't work/isn't enough.
6. Limited poorly designed API.
reporting features are limited.
john from PeProSo
Well designed, especially for agile project management. Allows robust task tracking without forcing start and end dates