• Pros

• "It is easy to use, I like how quick you can submit timesheets on the same dashboard."

• "Time sheeting is easy and fast to fill out, very clear UI."

• "The design is simple and easy to use. The website is responsive so that I can use on my mobile. It provides with one site where I can manage my timesheet, leave, resourcing amongst other things."

• Cons

• "I would like to have the total hours against a specific timecode displayed in my weekly timesheet so that I can ensure I am working inline with resourcing. Currently I add up myself."

• "Would be nice to create custom reports + integration to CRM."

• "Nothing really, the sections that I use on a daily basis are well thought out and designed."

Browse Projectworks Reviews

Joanne from Provoke Solutions

Great tool with an abundance of features

Keeps track of project time extremely well.

Pros

Easy to see at a glance what you have worked on during the day/week/month, and able to drill down to individual projects. Good range of functionality on hand to apply for leave, expenses and reporting.

Cons

Would be nice to have the option of a different color scheme or text size

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Joanne, while we won't be adding the options to change color schemes, as the whole product is responsive you should be able to zoom your browser and still have everything look great. If you find something that doesn't look right then please let the team know! Cheers

Dan from Provoke Solutions Ltd

Dans Feedback

Packed full of features that really help save time. I like the look and feel of the product too.

Pros

I like being able to see my teams resourcing in one place, being able to jump between screens with useful links so I can view a particular team members leave, time etc or update resourcing. The home screen is also really useful as I can see what I have and when my team members have leave. The alerts drop I also frequently use for leave requests and feedback. The leave screens for my team help with planning. I also use the reporting pages for time recorded and resourced vs worked for my team. The details recorded for my team members also helps with filling in forms etc. Accessing from anywhere with internet is also useful. Filtering and searches helpful also.

Cons

Cant use without internet (I don't think). Would be good to be able to have a offline mode that syncs back. Copying time entries for the working week or multiple days at once would be useful. Resourcing for many weeks used to be an issue but I think resolved now. E.g. loading internal time for my team which doesn't change.

Company decision

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Dan!

Steven from Provoke Solutions

Test analyst using project works for adding worked hours on multiple projects

Pretty good, found a few bugs in edge browser, but my understanding is this is not a supported browser.

Pros

I like how its easy to know what projects I'm resourced on, and for how long each week. Equally as much I like how it is easy to add my hours worked.

Cons

I feel it could be helpful to have a total of the time added as a project each week, rather than just a total of the combined projects

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Steven, you're not the first to ask for this and we have it on the backlog. Cheers!

Aaron from Provoke Solutions

Everything you need to run your business and manage your projects!

I love using ProjectWorks, it is hands down the best project management tool I have used.

Pros

Project Works has everything we need to manage our projects in one simple, easy to use tool. It has become the source of truth across the business. It provides a fantastic set of intelligent reports and data which helps us make decisions on our project and people resourcing, and risk management.

Cons

Adding resources and tasks to a project is a bit slow. I’d like to see faster and more streamlined way to add resources and tasks to a project. Maybe like a spreadsheet/table style entry. For tasks, I’d like to be able to set a budget (rather than hour allocation per resource) which those assigned can see the spend to date to work against.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Aaron, this feature has been designed and will be coming into a sprint shortly! Cheers

Projectworks makes Projects Work

Projectworks is by far the best timesheeting software I've used across every company I've worked at - but it is so much more than that. I know the other business areas within my company have their own needs that are met with Projectworks, and having it all rolled into one solutions makes life easier for everyone.

Pros

As a user of the software I like the way everything is hooked up for me. I have a limited view of the budget which allows me to know if a project overrunning its budgets. All of the project planning, timesheeting and leave requirements I have are easily met with this product.

Cons

Although there are many useful options and features, it isn't immediately clear what is available. There is a setting that I now find immensely useful, but for the first few months using this product I'd originally had the setting disabled, not knowing of its existence.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the feedback, if you'd like an overview tour of the product, then please get in touch with your customer success manager and they'll be able to show you some things that might not be obvious from the start. Keeping an eye on our release notes is also a great way to find out about those little nice to haves that are added each week. Cheers!

Brendon from Provoke Solutions LLC

Great product to help you run your business

Pros

ProjectWorks allows me to get both a bird’s eye view of our business performance but also to drill into the details. Key features I love are - The ability to understand the gross margin performance of clients and projects. In our business a key metric is gross margin and this tool allows us to access this data quickly and simply. - The ability to plan out a project and understand the delivery capacity in the business quickly - The ability to look at the financial success of client engagements quickly

Cons

ProjectWorks have a regular update schedule and are continuing to deliver new features every month. One ask is to continue to develop and deliver deeper KPI reporting. Currently we do this via the API which is good but more reporting in the tool would be great.

Reasons for Switching to Projectworks

Cost to maintain improve the functionality that we required to run our business.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Brendon, appreciate the feedback!

Dirk from Provoke Solutions

Amazing Product getting smarter every day

Amazing product getting smarter every day. Much better and easier to use product compared to most other time sheeting and planning software I used before.

Pros

Web based, simple enterprise resource forecasting. Amazing product support. Good UI.

Cons

Missing mobile app with start stop time tracking, easier entry of repetitive tasks (no auto suggestions). No Outlook read my calendar translate to timesheet as draft, with AI module. In my kind of job (consulting) working with many different clients on many tasks it's still taking me quote long to enter all my time even this is not the fault of the product I would wish for a connector to my Outlook calendar where all my tasks are stored anyway.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Dirk, we are making a big investment into integration this year (including spinning up a dedicated integration team). Deeper integration with the MS suite is something on our list so watch this space.

Sez from Provoke Solutions Ltd

Does everything... and just gets it done!

I live in project works daily to record my time, apply for leave, monitor how/where I'm resourced and provide 360 feedback for my colleagues. It's an easy-to-use product with some great styling and the customer support is excellent.

Pros

The product team is always rolling out new updates which simply make PW better and better - and the changes are seamless! I'm never stuck looking for something 'that was there yesterday.' Some days new features arrive which I didn't know I wanted, and now I can't live without them. Just awesome.

Cons

I'd love to be able to see feedback which I have previously left for my colleagues. Otherwise it's an excellent product which meets my needs.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Sez, I'll make a note of this for the backlog. Cheers!

Marc from Provoke Solutions

ProjectWorks - it has everything you need, but takes a bit to learn

Pros

The resourcing and timesheets are great. Super easy to add and pin timecodes, find them, and ensure I'm resourced for projects. Leave and expenses are easy to do as well.

Cons

Some views get cluttered - it would be nice to expand and collapse buckets of times codes again. Also on the project description page, the forecasting tab is a little overwhelming and could be simplified.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Marc, we have been rolling the ability to show/hide columns, and choose your own grouping across the entire product. This will enable you to have all the information you need, but then reduce the clutter as well. Hope this helps!

Tim from Provoke

Timesheeter

It's a good tool and would recommend to others. What I would suggest is keep focusing on getting the core functionality perfect, instead of bloating the software with too many bells and whistles. Enhance and simplify.

Pros

Search looks work really well, makes life a lot easier when you're juggling multiple clients (esp when there's hundreds of clients in the list to scroll through).

Cons

I'm allocated weekly hours on projects. When I do my daily timesheeting, it doesn't calculate how time I have left per project for the week. We had this on our previous tool and it's really useful.

Company mandate

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Tim, I've made a note of this for the backlog.

Antony from Provoke

Great workload management tool!

Great. Really enjoy using it. Is an easy UI and takes very little getting used too.

Pros

Easy, one stop shop to manage all your Project needs, such as resourcing, forecasting time sheeting, and invoicing.

Cons

Is very specifically designed for Projects. I work in the support space which is a different take on Resource etc management., We make it work with PW but perhaps a 'Support module' could be designed for this line of business?

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Antony, some dedicated features for support are certainly on our roadmap. Your customer success manager will reach out when we pull this into design! Cheers

Tyler from Provoke Solutions

Daily user (project manager)

Overall, I've enjoyed using this product and recommend it to anyone looking to supercharge their project management/operational practices

Pros

I like the general ease of use in terms of being able to quickly edit resourcing/forecasting for small projects

Cons

As projects get bigger, it becomes challenging to make uniform changes across several months or users (not a lot of "copy and paste" functionality)

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Tyler, appreciate the feedback. We have a few things in the pipeline to help with that, we now have a project clone feature and have a few more piece in the works as well.

Chris from Provoke Solutions

Project Works Review

Very positive, its a joy to use

Cons

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Chris, we do have this on our backlog as a number of people have requested this. Cheers!

Sam from Provoke Solutions

Simple and reasonable to use

Largely positive, as I learn and become authorized to use more advanced features, they are simple to use and easy to identify

Pros

Very clean and simple, work extremely well for the purpose I put it to: time tracking against tasks, and monitoring the time of others

Cons

Some easy reporting features are missing: I would personally love to be able to link my resourced hours to my timesheet, so that I can see appx how much I've worked against a certain project in a given week without having to do the math myself

Reasons for Switching to Projectworks

I didn't personally make the decision

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Sam, we do have a big program of work scheduled, and have some major improvements coming to resourcing a little later this year.

Aaron from Provoke Solutions

Project works, from a users perspective

Pros

The overall design and layout of projectworks is very well done, it makes daily tasks such as timesheeting easy and straight forward. Applying for leave and seeing leave requests is another great feature as all the information you need is preseneted to you.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative to say about the product, there have been many iterations to it which have improved any short comings that I previsouly saw

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Aaron, much appreciated!

MARCEL from Provoke Solutions

Best tool for timesheets

Pros

Cons

To be honest, from a user perspective, I don’t see any issues that would make me like least about it. I worked with other tools in the past, and it wasn’t straightforward, with too many screens to get a singular timesheet done. I am a happy user with Project Works.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Marcel, we appreciate the feedback!

Hamish from Provoke Solutions NZ

Projectworks review

Pros

Easy to use platform. In my sales role the forecasting reports are useful.

Cons

Would be nice to create custom reports + integration to CRM.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Hamish, we support integration with CRM and also creating custom reports. Please reach out to your customer success manager and they can help get you setup! Cheers

GLen from Provoke

Excellent overall product for time sheeting, projects and leave

Pros

Ease of adding time and comments into any time sheet field. Being able to see resourcing for what I need to be working on daily/weekly etc. Leave is simple and easy to be added in.

Cons

The only thing I can think of as a negative would be when submitting leave requests, the end date entry states 'First day back' which is a bit unusual compared to what I'm used to, but it's certainly not a major issue at all.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Glen, much appreciated!

Sanjay from Provoke Solutions

Best Timesheet and resource management tool

Effective tracking of my own resourcing and time-sheeting my daily work.

Pros

Its super easy to use the timesheet and resource management features. One can easily filter on resourcing not only for self but also the team to get an idea of who is working on what.

Cons

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Sanjay, we appreciate the positive feedback.

Jailah Mara from Provoke Solutions Ltd

Easy to learn and use

Pros

Have been using the product for 3 months now and from beginning I haven't had any issues and confusions of functions. It's really easy to learn and use.

Cons

I would probably say the searching of timecode and be optimised a bit more? Once you got a lot of timecode to use, sometimes it is a bit confusing to find the right timecode to use.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Jailah Mara, it's work you asking your PM to close out old projects in order to reduce some of the clutter! Cheers

Alexander from Provoke

Powerful management software

Pros

Time sheeting is easy and fast to fill out, very clear UI.

Cons

Don't have anything particular I disliked.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Alexander!

John from BW Ventures

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Fantastic time tracking and management

Pros

Projectworks allows me to gain deep insights into how my team are spending their time. The time tracking component is very easy to use, both from the PC and mobile which makes chasing timesheets a thing of the past. Projectworks then allows me to dive deep into reporting on where time was spent.

Cons

Nothing glaring sticks out to me. We only use a small set of the features though.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks John!

Jonty from Provoke Solutions

Time Saver

Pros

Projects are extremely easy to set up, time is easy to view and monitor. Metrics for each project are useful

Cons

You should be able to adjust the metrics data e.g. who's spent the most time on each project? etc

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Hey Jonty, we do have the ability for custom reporting through our direct data connection. If there's a report your missing then please reach out to your customer success manager and they'll be able to help you out! Cheers

Ivan from Provoke Solutions

Easy to use, could use some improvements

Pros

I like how easy it is to enter data and view employee resourcing. It is fairly responsive and efficient.

Cons

It would be great to separate your time entries by project or module. It would be nice to see a summary per module of time worked versus resourced. It is not convenient to run queries to see this when you are entering your time.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Ivan, I've made a note of this for the backlog. Cheers

Igor from Provoke Solutions

Project works review

Pros

Easy to use, fast and love the advanced search for time-sheeting

Cons

Having a separate password then my domain account, feature addition maybe some SSO / AD integration?

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Igor. SSO is being worked on as we speak! Cheers

Sukhie from Provoke Solutions

Great Time Tracking Tool

This is honestly one of the best time tracking and project management resource planning tools I've used. I would recommend it to any small-mid sized consulting firm.

Pros

This is by far the easiest tool in which to track billable time! Time tracking can take up precious minutes of the day when its cumbersome and difficult to navigate. This tool captures just the right amount of detail to support any client audits or billing questions, without being overwrought.

Cons

While the forecasting and resourcing components are helpful, there is still room for improvement in functionality.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Sukhie, we have a large program of work with many enhancements scheduled for resourcing and forecasting. Keep an eye on our release notes to see what's coming. Thanks!

Sharon from provoke solutions

Projectworks review from the past 4 months

I mainly use Projectworks to fill out my time and check my resources.

Pros

Product was easy to use and very intuitive. It doesn't take up much of my time each day to use it.

Cons

When searching and using time codes, I think there should be a feature to pin a time code to a "favorites" or frequently used area. The save button under Time also has never really worked, and I rely on the program to automatically save my timecodes instead of hitting the button.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Sharon, on your timesheet you will notice a little pin icon next to the timecodes on your sheet. If you click this then the code will be pinned there until you unpin it. Your timesheet will also automatically save as your enter it when you tab or click off the time. The save button is just there as a backup! Cheers

Sébastien from Provoke Solutions

User for Finance purposes

I really like it, it is very friendly to use

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. Provide meaningful financial reporting information such as forecast and debtors report.

Cons

Don't automatically update / record annual leave balances of staff

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Seb, this feature is going into test this week and will be live in the next few weeks. Enjoy!

Brenan from Provoke Solutions

Projectworks as a developer

Pros

Very easy to use. Also nice that you can resource to specific timecodes so that users can see the remaining amount of time they can spend as they enter their time.

Cons

When you press 1.05 in the timeslot it changes that to 1.05 hours rather than 1:05. I understand why this occurs because 1.5 changes to 1:30 which is nice. So no really a major con

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the feedback Brenan. That's right, using a decimal will treat it as a fraction of an hour, and using a colon will treat it as time so you can enter your time however suits you. Thanks!

Kasper from Provokesolutions

Easy time entry

Overall I am pretty happy, i think this is a great tool to track time worked on projects. Here is a suggestion, maybe if somebody has been given 20 hours on a certain project a warning could show up if the user is going over the amount of time given. Dont know how to do that though

Pros

As a user what is important to me is that I can find and add my time as fast as possible. The search functionality combined with the pin functionality makes it easy to find an enter time in the projects I use the most.

Cons

I would love for my manager or PM to just add the same time entry to my page without me having to find them.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Kasper, your PM is actually able to do this for you so please reach out to them. Regarding the notifications to alert how you are burning against your hours, you are able to turn on this column on your timesheet. Hope this helps!

Harsh from Provoke Solutions

Projectworks

Pros

Ease of use Copy timesheet feature Reporting Team setup and resourcing

Cons

Some of the productivity report calculations

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Harsh, appreciate the feedback.

Ritika from Provoke Solutions

PW Review

Been really good so far. Still new to this

Pros

It's easy to view timesheets and costs and compare it with forecasts

Cons

Can't really point anything out yet as I am fairly new to this

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Ritika!

Nikhil from Provoke Solutions

Timesheets made easy

Pros

Ease of use. Great user experience. Responsive.

Cons

Nothing so far.

Response from Spiderworks

Replied February 2021

Thanks Nikhil!