Projectworks

Projectworks Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I like how its easy to know what projects I'm resourced on, and for how long each week. Equally as much I like how it is easy to add my hours worked."
  • icon"Excellent visuals from a team that knows what businesses need. It is easy to use and easy tio undertsand at all levels from a basic user to the Finance and Managing directors."
  • icon"It's easy to view timesheets and costs and compare it with forecasts."
  • icon"Don't automatically update / record annual leave balances of staff."
  • icon"Missing mobile app with start stop time tracking, easier entry of repetitive tasks (no auto suggestions). No Outlook read my calendar translate to timesheet as draft, with AI module."
  • icon"Once you got a lot of timecode to use, sometimes it is a bit confusing to find the right timecode to use."

Browse all Projectworks Reviews

• Have you used Projectworks and would like to share your experience with others?

Joanne

Great tool with an abundance of features

Keeps track of project time extremely well.

Pros

Easy to see at a glance what you have worked on during the day/week/month, and able to drill down to individual projects. Good range of functionality on hand to apply for leave, expenses and reporting.

Cons

Would be nice to have the option of a different color scheme or text size

Response from Spiderworks

Thanks Joanne, while we won't be adding the options to change color schemes, as the whole product is responsive you should be able to zoom your browser and still have everything look great. If you find something that doesn't look right then please let the team know! Cheers

Anthony

Projectworks woks for me

Pros

When we found Projectworks I was immediately engaged. The Project Reporting & Metrics allow us to interrogate the system. There is a good library of reports to get you by, but Projectworks also has the capability to produce custom reports. Our PMO integrates Projectworks with Power BI to present a bit more detail in the dash boarding. Integrating with Xero its good but I am not sure if we are utilising the full potential. As our Software Engineering use Azure Dev Ops it will be good to see the integration, which is currently in a beta state, advance to generally available. Projectworks are advancing with new features all the time and communicate their product roadmap well. I look forward to more development

Cons

I have found the Custom Report feature complex, and would like to see it made simpler.

Reasons for switching to Projectworks

Harvest is a very limited tool. We outgrew it.

Shaun

Software by force

It's a time-sheet logging app from my perspective, nothing more.

Pros

I like the granularity choices of timesheet entries.

Cons

This app really needs some keyboard and low-vision improvements. Having to guess which element is in focus is problematic - focus rings around the selected control would be a massive improvement.

Mia

March 2022

Easy to learn! Can't wait for more features!

I really enjoy using it, the UI is very easy to get used to. Excellent program/software to help with operational and project management. I am excited to see what other features are coming up!

Pros

Viewing the current and projected margins have been wonderful to see and being able to see the forecasted income really helps the business strategically think of next steps to further grow. The tech support has been amazing and are always quick to respond. When I make technical errors, they have always been able to amend them without any trouble. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been excellent during the training process and I rarely contact support for queries as the software is quite intuitive.

Cons

I still find myself getting data from Projectwork and putting them on a spreadsheet to get more pieces of insight that would be good for the team to present. The integration with Xero has been good but at the beginning, with syncing them with the employees on Xero, we were having issues with the rate cards not accruing leave. Which created some issues with what employees were supposed to be accruing, etc.

Reasons for switching to Projectworks

We needed more insights that were automated rather than just a time-logging program.

Natalie

March 2022

A rare personalised experience with an off-the-shelf package

Pros

1. The ongoing personalised support. This made the implementation process run very smoothly. Also, it has meant that any issues that arose after transition have been dealt with quickly and in-person (via video call). 2. The intuitiveness of Projectworks features. Very easy to use. 3. The openness to feedback and the resulting continuous improvement of the software.

Cons

As with any off-the-shelf software package, we have had to use some workarounds to make it do what we want it to do (and effectively customise it for our reporting needs). With time and with the responsiveness of Projectworks to feedback and suggestions, we hope that some of our workarounds will no longer be necessary.

Reasons for switching to Projectworks

We were impressed by Projectworks resourcing module and how it worked well with the time recording and project management modules and reporting.

Industry: Civil Engineering

February 2022

Easy to use project cost and resource management system

Solving forecasting issues, project cost management and tracking of time for hourly rates charge of projects. Less barriers for staff to get involved in forecasting tracking their time accurately and "live"

Pros

Onboarding was well done, responsive support and customisation prior to go live. The interface is extremely intuitive and forecasting links well with invoicing to make the whole workflow easy. There's continuous updates which include new features or requests.

Cons

We miss the ability to present all staff against resourced projects on a one page report format. A standard report that is able to do produce this information would be amazing.

Reasons for choosing Projectworks

We'd used Synergy in the past and decided we wanted to try something a bit newer with perhaps less legacy issues.

Reasons for switching to Projectworks

Workflowmax interface was cumbersome and no meaningful updates had been done to it for years.

Jemima

March 2022

Easy to use software that gives us much more visiblity.

Good experience, the support and development team are always very willing to suggest ways of doing things or developing new features to help us.

Pros

Simple to use, very intuitive, dashboard and system looks great. All our employees find it very simple to use and easy to find metrics at the click of a button. Everything is in realtime so we know it is also accurate. The support team and our account manager are great at providing solutions to our many queries.

Cons

Reporting could be better, I appreciate work has been done on this but still not that easy to use if you don't have very strong technical skills on a par with coding. HAs great metrics on screen but sometimes very hard to show this in a different format e.g to show to the management team without my laptop.

Reasons for choosing Projectworks

Price and simplicity of system. WE didn't need anything too complicated and found that some had too much and we wouldn't use all of the features.

Lydia

Great Product!

We are saving so much time for the head of our PMO by having myself (PMO coordinator) and the project managers able to add resourcing to our projects and invoice. This is a huge time saving for us!

Pros

We love the resourcing functionality in Projectworks. It is so easy to use and engaging. The project management team keep this updated on a regular basis and it makes our lives so much easier. The invoicing is also great.

Cons

We are looking forward to when Projectworks develops purchase orders/planned expenses against projects, and develops invoices showing hours x rates. These are on the roadmap and will be great when they arrive!

Reasons for switching to Projectworks

Because of the added functionality with resourcing and forward planning!

Laurence

March 2022

Projectworks is easy to use, beautifully configured and the service is fantastic

Very rewarding. I enjoy opening the product and working with it.

Pros

The product contains all the features we require and these are logically configured. Migration was a breeze.

Cons

The leave function could play better with payroll products. There are opportunities for Projectworks to play better with Xero.

Reasons for choosing Projectworks

WorkflowMax is dinosaur. It did not have half the features and the migration

Reasons for switching to Projectworks

Tidywork was not innovating or listening to our suggestions. Their servers were slow.

Luke

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great Software & Support

Fantastic - they go above and beyond for their customers and the software has had a big impact on our business.

Pros

Implementation was extremely easy and our staff find it easy to use. They also offer fantastic customer support services

Cons

Not all reports can be exported, I have been told they will be changing this

Reasons for choosing Projectworks

Met all of our needs and was much cheaper than Accello

Sandra

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

March 2022

Very well tailored for needs of a professional services consultancy

I’ve been so impressed with the platform and the simple but effective balance it strikes in doing what a professional services company of our size/scale needs well. It's been a really easy transition and the continual product updates and responsiveness of the team are fantastic. Having used a variety of different systems in consultancies of different sizes and scales, this is hands down the most productive and effective platform I've ever used. It's intuitive, easy to use, and strikes the right balance between having practical well thought functions, without having too many distracting bells and whistles that can often make these platforms overly complex and hard to implement effectively across the whole team.

Pros

Project Works appears to be tailor-made for a professional services consultancy. Its interface and ease of use are the best I've seen. The rollout and integration with our existing business systems were about as seamless as you could hope for. I was so impressed with how quickly my team was able to use the system to full effect. We gradually introduced all features over a few months, starting with timesheets, invoicing, and then resourcing. This allowed the team to get to know features one by one and build confidence in its use. We are now using all functions and features and it's been transformational for our business. The project works team has also been amazing. They are really knowledgeable, available, and clearly willing to work with their clients to make the platform as good as it can be. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Cons

There is not much I don't like. There is such a continual development process for the platform, that new improvements and tweaks are happening regularly. Over time, it would be good to see more user optionality in reporting and the margin reporting feature could also be improved.

Good for Project Management

Easy enough to log time and manage resources via the portal.

Pros

Easy to export burn reports and log time.

Cons

You can't set rules about editing timesheets and for example rules about logging time. Also can't link parent and child engagements for projects so you end up with just separate projects to bill against.

Reasons for choosing Projectworks

PW had a better interface.

Not easy to use

Dan

Dans Feedback

Packed full of features that really help save time. I like the look and feel of the product too.

Pros

I like being able to see my teams resourcing in one place, being able to jump between screens with useful links so I can view a particular team members leave, time etc or update resourcing. The home screen is also really useful as I can see what I have and when my team members have leave. The alerts drop I also frequently use for leave requests and feedback. The leave screens for my team help with planning. I also use the reporting pages for time recorded and resourced vs worked for my team. The details recorded for my team members also helps with filling in forms etc. Accessing from anywhere with internet is also useful. Filtering and searches helpful also.

Cons

Cant use without internet (I don't think). Would be good to be able to have a offline mode that syncs back. Copying time entries for the working week or multiple days at once would be useful. Resourcing for many weeks used to be an issue but I think resolved now. E.g. loading internal time for my team which doesn't change.

Company decision

Response from Spiderworks

Thanks Dan!

Andie

Industry: Architecture & Planning

ProjectWorks - a One-Stop Shop

Our experience with Projectworks has been excellent. We received responsive, timely support throughout the migration period and the excellent support has continued as various requirements have arisen along the way.

Pros

Projectworks is a powerful project management system, and we are glad we decided to migrate to this platform. We previously used 2-3 different software platforms to achieve what we can now do using Projectworks alone. We are particularly impressed with the forecasting and resourcing features. The SQL back-end allows us to extract any type of report we need, which has proven to be incredibly useful. The intuitive interface requiring minimal mouse clicks has made the transition super easy for our team. It is exciting to see the regular updates released.

Cons

We required a variety of layout options for our client invoicing in Xero, and ProjectWorks have provided us with an excellent workaround. We are looking forward to having full Xero integration soon so we can benefit from the other integration features available when Xero talks directly to Projectworks.

Reasons for choosing Projectworks

Projectworks offered a one-stop shop for all our business needs.

Reasons for switching to Projectworks

The ability to also use Projectworks as a CRM tool has been super useful. The forecast and resourcing features are also very well utilised. Other benefits include the time we save using a simple intuitive interface.

Ben

November 2022

Projectworks Review

Overall our experience with Projectworks has been extremely positive and easily adopted by our team. Is a great product and would highly recommend it.

Pros

The product is really simple to use through an intuitive and modern interface. The product also has given us greater visibility of project performance and allowed us to react quickly in the event of a predicted project issue related to either time, cost, or resourcing.Integrations with both Xero and Jira have also given us essentially a fully integrated solution from time entry, to invoicing and payment.

Cons

The custom report builder could do with some work as it's a little complicated to use.

Reasons for choosing Projectworks

Projectworks had significantly better features

Reasons for switching to Projectworks

Autotask was expensive and limited integrations with our other toolsets

Charlotte

March 2022

Great project management tool, great experience!

Overall as a Project Manager, my experience has been positive and Projectworks has allowed me to find the information I need to monitor & control my projects and manage stakeholders' expectations.

Pros

My experience with Projectworks has been positive since day one. Projectworks is not only a great project management solution with powerful features, but the collaboration with the Projectworks support team also has been awesome. Since the roll-out, we have managed to customise the tool to fit our business needs and I am sure there is more to come.

Cons

In Projectworks you can create a schedule using the timecodes you have created, which every project manager loves :) An added bonus would be if the resourcing and schedule functionality would be linked to limit any double handling. Recently Projectworks released an integration that allows team members to record time in Projectworks through Azure DevOps work items. We have requested the integration to deduct the recorded time from the 'remaining time' in Azure DevOps so in the future we can improve our Sprint performance and time recording efficiency for the team.

Aaron

Everything you need to run your business and manage your projects!

I love using ProjectWorks, it is hands down the best project management tool I have used.

Pros

Project Works has everything we need to manage our projects in one simple, easy to use tool. It has become the source of truth across the business. It provides a fantastic set of intelligent reports and data which helps us make decisions on our project and people resourcing, and risk management.

Cons

Adding resources and tasks to a project is a bit slow. I’d like to see faster and more streamlined way to add resources and tasks to a project. Maybe like a spreadsheet/table style entry. For tasks, I’d like to be able to set a budget (rather than hour allocation per resource) which those assigned can see the spend to date to work against.

Response from Spiderworks

Thanks Aaron, this feature has been designed and will be coming into a sprint shortly! Cheers

Projectworks makes Projects Work

Projectworks is by far the best timesheeting software I've used across every company I've worked at - but it is so much more than that. I know the other business areas within my company have their own needs that are met with Projectworks, and having it all rolled into one solutions makes life easier for everyone.

Pros

As a user of the software I like the way everything is hooked up for me. I have a limited view of the budget which allows me to know if a project overrunning its budgets. All of the project planning, timesheeting and leave requirements I have are easily met with this product.

Cons

Although there are many useful options and features, it isn't immediately clear what is available. There is a setting that I now find immensely useful, but for the first few months using this product I'd originally had the setting disabled, not knowing of its existence.

Response from Spiderworks

Thanks for the feedback, if you'd like an overview tour of the product, then please get in touch with your customer success manager and they'll be able to show you some things that might not be obvious from the start. Keeping an eye on our release notes is also a great way to find out about those little nice to haves that are added each week. Cheers!

Cameron

March 2022

Built for Software Development companies!

Having been an early customer, we feel like we've been able to contribute to the direction of the product. Implementation and support have been the best I've experienced in 25 years. Product has been reliable, flexible and done everything we needed. Love it!

Pros

It was like we'd built the platform for ourselves! Spoke the same language, worked logically and surfaced what is important.

Cons

Dashboards have been improving over time and will make this incredible when done. The open API though allows us to fill the gaps easily and quickly.

Reasons for choosing Projectworks

Price and alignment to the way we work.

Reasons for switching to Projectworks

The old platform was expensive, inflexible and difficult to use. Was the difference between something being moulded to how we kind of work vs something built by developers for developers.

Brendon