• Pros

• "It is fairly easy to use and has some good options to customize"

• "The software was easy to set up and has made my business function a lot more smoothly."

• "It's ease of use and intuitive nature. I also love that it was able to be customized to my needs. "

• Cons

• "There are some things that the software was not able to do - but I managed to find work-arounds."

• "Reports are not easy to deploy. The filters are great but the setup is hefty."

• "The reporting function takes a little bit of getting used to and segmenting reports by different clients but has been recently improved."

Browse ProWorkflow Reviews

Jessica Rose from Social Path

Bring on tick Friday - Love ProWorkFlow

Our team are able to collaborate more. We have a greater transparency with clients & are overall much productive.

Pros

Our team are able to collaborate & we are able to manage both projects (development/design) as well as monthly recurring tasks (agency social media posting/community management). ProWorkflow weekly workload app is a life saver & the team proactively have a "tick Friday" were we go home early if all boards are cleared and completed. Our business is able to see where the profitability lies within our services & where we can make improvements. Highly recommend this tool due to its ease of use & flexibility.

Cons

For recurring tasks / monthly repetitive services of an agency you cannot just duplicate a current "project" and rename it. This would be an awesome time saving feature to have.

Hayley from QA Graphics

QA Graphics-Pro Work Flow Review

Overall Pro Work Flow has been a great experience. Their online chat and help service always helps when I'm stuck trying to update something or do something specific in a report. My customers have found it very easy to use as well which is a huge plus for me as we deal with hundreds of clients a month and multiple clients per project. The ability for me to be the administrator and to see everything for messaging, time reporting, time auditing, etc has also been a great tool for our business as well for my team.

Pros

I like the ease of functionality on this software. I love being able to toggle between my work and my users and the ability to categorize projects, tasks, etc. The archive function is amazing and very easy to use. The ability to communicate between customers and my staff with the software is very smooth as well. Also, the ability of my customers to respond directly in their email inbox was a game changer. In the world where everyone has a million sites and passwords to remember, they don't necessarily have to remember this one in order to do business with us. My owner and I also really like the reporting that is available for staff time reporting, monthly project updates, etc.

Cons

I feel like the app could use work. Honestly I don't use it and my clients tend not to use it as well. It's a bit hard to navigate to specific projects and the view is a lot different than the website so it's hard to communicate with them where they need to go.

Reasons for Switching to ProWorkflow

Mavenlink didn't allow a super admin user which was incredibly frustrating as a project coordinator. I couldn't see private conversations or time reported by individuals. I couldn't adjust time on projects in a large format. I can to physically change each date on each task instead of moving it along the calendar like I can in Pro Work Flow. My customers had to log into Mavenlink which most of them refused to do to communicate. Each time you sent a message in Mavenlink, you received an email even if it was something you posted. So we had an amazing amount of redundant emails which in turn made my team ignore everything and then they were missing critical messages.

Carmen from Blue Environment

Industry: Environmental Services

Good start but still a lot to be implemented

Whilst PWF has potential and I'm sure the intention to rectify and further develop the software is there, in it's current format it does not meet our business needs, requiring us to use external software sitting outside of PWF's functionality. It appears to be set up for a niche market and would do well to expand its capabilities to provide fuller functionality for all clients.

Pros

I've been using PWF for a year now and see there is potential for this to be a convenient, easy to use tool once development improvements have been implemented. The support staff are friendly and provide assistance where possible. The software enables us to pay per user and grants multiple users to access the platform with individually allocated access rights, allowing us to set security levels pending the role of the user and adjust our monthly payments pending the number of consultants we currently have on board. You are able to live track time which is helpful for our consultants in allocating to billable projects. Review of time entered and staff workload is also a useful function.

Cons

I feel this software is still in its developmental stage and has a lot of improvements to be implemented. For example, integration with MYOB is poor and non usable, invoicing fields need expanding (ie choice of PO or street address, ABN field for recipient, etc), templates and emailing tools are very basic and limited, contact listings are restrictive and missing vital fields (ie ABN, PO Box, etc) or requiring double handling (ie single contacts need to be connected to a non existent company, for example where no company is applicable you have to create fake one to connect them contact to), reports need to have more functionality and retrospective time reports come up with errors in date ranges making data inaccurate, add/edit tasks need further options such as sort functions, window resizing/positioning needs to be added, pro bono projects cannot be marked as non billable unless you tick them off as "invoiced" (which is incorrect and misleading). These are just a few of the issues we have recently been struggling with.

Kendra from MOKA Creative

I've tried everything else... ProWorkflow is the cream of the crop

I've been a customer for many years. I feel like a value to the company with the communication I get from you guys and support. I love how you take feedback and actually make your product better based on our suggestions. It makes me feel like I'm a part of building this great software.

Pros

The customization is unmatched. You can really make this exactly what you need it to be. I have a very creative and visual brain but need to stay organized. This allows me to create what works best for my brain and has changed the game for onboarding clients, running projects and much more. I now come across like a type-a CEO.

Cons

I wish there was more automation. That would be really great. I had tried out dubsado for this, but it is a really crap product in comparison. It automates and love the templates they had, but when it came to project management, there's no comparison.

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

Again, ease of use, features were unmatched, customizability, and it just looks great.

Reasons for Switching to ProWorkflow

PWF checked all the boxes. Accelo was close, but it wasn't as intuitive and not as customizable and the UI is so much better with PWF. I'm a designer. I need this to look great and work with my creative brain.

Sarah from Crispin Design Limited

Industry: Graphic Design

ProWorkflow is the best task management tool

Pros

Easy to use Easy to customise Easy to track time and projects Connects seamlessly with xero I love it, I tested many demos, it has an attractive interface, accuracy, great support - this task management system gets a 9.8/10 from me :)

Cons

Sadly there is no pause button on the timer When invoices transfer to xero they keep the hourly rate - so I can't activate auto invoice reminder in xero otherwise i have to remove that rate off each task (no time for that) Large scale project management and team communication tools could have improvements made

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

Proworfkflow has unmatched invoicing capabilities (excellent compared to others we’ve tested and used in the past) and great time tracking/workflow processes, it is perfect for tracking multiple small-medium sized jobs between 1-3 users and multiple monthly invoices.

Reasons for Switching to ProWorkflow

I used Workflow Max for years until they changed their whole timing system view, also invoicing had an 2-3 extra clicks per process horrible and added time wastage to what should be simple tasks

Leah from Blueleaf Creative

Out of the Box Solution for Creatives

Favorite things: Job numbers, Messaging, Custom task templates, expense and notes feature. Private notes feature.

Pros

I've been using ProWorkflow for over a decade. The time tracking, custom task templates, messaging and client interface make it a critical part of my business. The few times I have had to contact customer service they have been responsive and exceptionally helpful. ProWorkflow is the administrative backbone of my business. At a glance I can see where a project is, how much time has been spent on it, what tasks have been completed and which ones are outstanding. I can add documents, notes and information specific to each project. When a project completes, it is archived and very easy to pull up should I ever need to reference it again. If you are looking to for a way to EASILY manage your projects and workflow - this is the software for you.

Cons

I dislike the fact that contractors cannot track time in the software. So if I have 10 contractors I use, I have to buy full account access for each of them, even though they may only use the software 2-6 times a year. This has always been my biggest complaint. Add time tracking to the contractor designation and charge 1/2 of the employee rate.

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

Project numbering, project archive, custom task templates, detailed time tracking and reporting.

Chris from Click Communication Arts

Industry: Graphic Design

Invaluable tool for our business, we love it!

We work with PWF multiple times a day, every day. We have seen continued commitment to always making the product better. We rely (without worry) on this tool, and it helps us manage and grow our business

Pros

Simple but robust, does everything we need from time tracking, project/task management and assignment to invoicing

Cons

Might not have been the coolest looking option to start with but has gotten steadily better, but regardless, the functionality is the key and it doesn't disappoint

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

We considered MANY options but in the end it was an easy choice, PWF has been a true asset to our company and I hate to think where we would be without it

Reasons for Switching to ProWorkflow

FunctionPoint was expensive and didn't focus on the things that were important to our company

Straight to the point solution

Overall, a great solution that cuts through the noise for you in the already-crazy world of project management with great value for money as well.

Pros

- Great support for Agile sprints, you can tell that the Agile methodology was thought of in the product's design, offering so many tools and features that enable working on sprints and other fast-paced projects. - Nice Milestone and Kanban visualisation as well. As I said earlier, points your attention to the most important thing to note; straight to the point. - Great value for money too.

Cons

- Not great support for all invoicing scenarios; that would be useful to integrate into some projects that perhaps require follow-on funding or fractional and/or incremental payments. - It doesn't have great support for extra-platform communication with colleagues and third parties that are outside the platform, this could be useful when interfacing with clients who may not be registered users

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

Because ProWorkflow offered the right balance between fair-pricing and a rich feature set.

Melanie from Delvinia

Industry: Market Research

PWF Review

We love it. I did a lot of research and believe it is the best project management tool out there. You just need to accept that you need to adjust your processes and workflow to use the tool optimally

Pros

Task management, organization and the collaboration piece are what I like most. Also we were able to successfully integrate the tool with Salesforce

Cons

The UI good be improved to have a bit more professional feel.

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

the ability to integrate with salesforce was more feasible with PWF

Tyson from Crescent Electric Supply Company

Industry: Wholesale

Great platform

Fantastic staff. We have a complex setup using a request for and through their team, and the team at Zapier, we've created great functionality for all types of requests. All of our designers and marketing staff use PWF to maintain over 2,500 requests to-date.

Pros

Fantastic PM platform for teams with multiple users all looking to collaborate on projects down to the task level. Due dates are great to keep things on time. API integration into BOX is huge for us. We also take advantage of Zapier integration to allow the information import from complete online request forms automatically into the project request.

Cons

Some features could be added to improve usability. The option to send a message or file to anyone via email address, not just registered users, and let them respond. The ability for those non-registered users to view a project for say, status, or who is assigned to it. Or the option to give outsiders the ability to view a project status in process. Also, a process for project/task reviews by non-users. For example, a triggered message with a button to approve, or reject, or provide feedback that feeds back directly into the platform. Our users would also like more customization on the "Home" screen as to which detail is displayed rather than the default info.

Scott from Alliant Insurance Services

Best combination of features and ease of use

Overall experience is great. One of our business verticals needed a better way to intake and triage a large number of low-complexity projects that consist of the same general set of tasks. PWF's feature set with project and task templates made this very easy. Additionally, the excellent user interface made PWF a great way for users to not just manage their projects/tasks related to this business line but to also use it to manage their work from other business verticals too (i.e. more personal project management software). We got to a comfort level where we deployed the ability for some of our customers to directly send project requests through the software which further streamlined our processes and also made the customers happy that they could now have insight into project progress and interaction with the team assigned. Again though, the key was the overall user interface which made user adoption easy; something we'd struggled with using other project management software.

Pros

The user interface is fantastic. Super clean. Easy to navigate and made overall learning curve for all users nice and short. One thing I learned after a couple of years of having deployed other work/project management software is that the software is only useful if people use it. Sounds obvious, but if something is complex and requires lots of time to learn, or the user interface isn't quite as intuitive, then the adoption rate won't be as high and the entire purpose gets defeated. PWF is so thoughtfully laid out and the features are in obvious places that basic users were able to be effective after just a few minutes of hands-on exploring. Our adoption rate was nowhere near these levels prior to deploying PWF.

Cons

The feature set compared to some of the bigger competitors in this space was a little less robust. However, depending on what you need it may be just fine, as it was for us. There were some things that others had that PWF did not, but for us those were less critical. My one gripe is that the development of this software has gone in fits and spurts. We've been with PWF for almost 5 years now and just recently did we start to see developments/improvements be deployed at a somewhat regular cadence. Again though, we made the decision to go with PWF based on its featureset originally so the new improvements are just gravy to us.

David from Element Consultants Ltd

The best software we didn't write for our business

We carry out consultancy assignments in the energy and environmental sector with a heavy bias towards the engineering expertise which our consultants have. We are able to set up , cost and implement projects through to final invoice on PWF for all our multiple clients. Our teams are built per assignment which allows us to use to take full advantage of the communication and file-sharing tools that PWF provides; its integration with Dropbox makes life easy. Whenever we prepare large tenders, we prepare our draft project plan for clients using PWF.

Pros

Proworkflow is wonderful!. When our business was expanding we needed software to manage our workflow, invoicing, project management and so much more and we needed to move out of the spreadsheet nightmare. We carried out a thorough search of products that integrated with Xero, our online accounts and then we did a live comparison and we could find no fault with PWF. We adopted and have used it ever since and we are completely organised as a result. We also are able to scale up or business effortlessly.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything right now that I don't like about PWF

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

It supplied our needs better

Michael from Plan mark Design Studio, LLC

Keeps Management Simple

Proworkflow has allowed me to grow my business to where I am now. Scheduling was predictable and I always had flexibity to shift my schedule around on the fly without a lot of pain. The work flow from quote to projects to invoicing has been seemless.

Pros

Proworkflow requires minimal effort to stay on top of your business. I think the importance of this gets overlooked too often. Setting Quotes and invoices are minutes at most, and setting projects and adding tasks can be done on the fly with little investment of your time. You can see the impact on resources scheduling before you even finish setting up your planning your tasks. I don't have enough words how valuable of a tool this has been without scrambling our brains to operate.

Cons

If you need a more sophisticated system for proposals and invoices Proworkflow is not there. It will give you just enough flexibility to customize a quote and send your invoices to quickbooks/Xero directly from a quote or proposal. But if you need quote/proposal templates for multi page terms and conditions, and percentage invoicing or progress billing, be prepared to do these manually.

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

Proworkflow had the least amount of on-boarding required while having the most features. Their support team was great at teaching us how to use it, at no cost.

Reasons for Switching to ProWorkflow

Bqe had too many steps to start a project for our fast paced architectural busoness. We are a small firm, so we will not have a full time person dedicated to managing the system. We just needed to take changes that are thrown our way and get it into the project management system fast and capture all the time, and progress. Quotes should be able to get done in minutes to get a small project signed off on.

Tracey from Shepherd Services Pty Ltd

Industry: Civil Engineering

Overall ProWorkFlow services the needs of the business very well. However there is room to improve.

The benefits of day to day performance of PWF software far outweighs the lack of adequate financial reporting. Appreciating that this tool is project management / scheduling focussed, some basic cost analysis is necessary when scheduling projects which have gone over estimates,etc. Overall, we are satisfied with the product and would happily recommend it to people we know as being one of the better ones to consider.

Pros

Project management, work scheduling, standard reports, quality of support service; response times to emails; time sheets; time widget;

Cons

Financial reporting - being able to export expenses information, in an excel format, functionally - including expense title; description, cost, dated entered into PWF and invoice/d status. Being able to see the status of the expense on the front screen, rather than drilling into the individual expense would be very beneficial. Employee Leave - as a time management / project management tool, recording / reporting leave has been overlooked; There is no ability to duplicate a project. Recording an employee's hourly rate. There is no provision to record an individual's hourly rate. It would be great if this could be included in Staff Users & Permission profile for each employee and then be exported as part of a report which reports project income against wages expense. Financial comparisons / breakdown information. It would be great to be able to have a standard report which reports on project income, project expenses and project wages expenses as separate items, in excel format. Custom Reporting - it is very difficult to discern / interpret how to draft a custom report. The process is ambiguous.

Response from ProActive Software

Replied October 2017

Thanks for the review Tracey!

January 2016

January 2016

Well-priced Intuitive Platform with Excellent Support

Our marketing agency had evaluated time tracking tools in the past and ended up scrapping the tool shortly after installation due to lack of support from the vendor. It was a significant time and money investment that was essentially wasted. With that history, we approached a new tool with great caution and extreme due diligence. Unless you are going to hire developers and build your own solution, there will always be compromises and a constant state of development and upgrades. We started with a list of 50 vendors, whittled it down to 5, and ultimately went with ProWorkflow. The PWF team is stellar. Beyond stellar really. From the get go, our contact Ivan was incredibly patient with our extreme due diligence. He was readily available to understand our needs and answer questions. Besides being impressed with the platform, we were very drawn to the lack of implementation fee or contract. Highly unusual compared to the other vendors we evaluated. We loved this commitment to happy customers and they have more than proven that they are interested in happy customers. Our Implementation Specialist Dena has been super helpful in getting everything set up correctly. Our Support Specialist Jack is easily accessible and often answers questions with a quick screencast which is super helpful. The platform itself is easy to use and the internal team has migrated to it well. We have set up over 20 project templates which has aided our project team tremendously saving time creating schedules and making the steps relatively consistent between projects. The design team loves having fully built out schedules with clear expectations and deadlines. One compromise we did have to make is in regards to reporting. Due to client agreements, we cannot give financial visibility of projects to all team members and the advanced plan didn't work for us as we have resources that span multiple clients. This has left some managers without the ability to pull their own reports which took some getting used to but they are adjusting.

Pros

• Support. The PWF team is the gold standard of customer service!! • Value • Ease-of-use • Using the platform has broadened awareness of what it really takes to complete a project (both from a time and budget perspective) • Ability to estimate jobs prior to work commencing • Project templates • Organization-wide project visibility • Project and task visibility increases accountability because resources and deadlines are clearly articulated. • Scalable platform

Cons

• Unfortunately we cannot give all team members visibility to the reporting features due to client confidentiality reasons. It puts an extra burden on the admins to provide reports (which is totally manageable at this time) but ideally you could set reporting permissions on a client level.

Georgia from The Communicators, Inc.

Powerful, Genius, Highly Tailored!

Pros

ProWorkflow is a big secret that people don't know about. I have seen it all, and I have tried it all- You name the tool, and I've seen it. I have been continuously looking for the exact thing that would work for my situation, making me a national expert on what other tools are out there and ProWorkflow does the job! What's great is that no one else has been able to steal this- ProWorkflow is genius - I understand that the first 30 days takes learning and I was committed to being a power user and thought it was amazing that someone would call me! The CEO himself as well! His dream and vision are clear, and it takes a particular kind of person to create this. My clients love the reports and how instantaneous it is. I tell my clients about ProWorkflow and when they into the tool and see what it's all about they go "what! this is couture software but at Walmart prices!! ProWorkflow is like my car- I know it's going to be there when I need it and work when I get in the car. ProWorkflow is powerful! The folks that thought this up - are geniuses and this goes back to one thing, the customer experience, and research and this is what the CEO did. He created ProWorkflow from the experience from the customer of the customer.

Response from ProActive Software

Replied May 2018

Thank you Georgia!

Susan from Miller Landscape Architecture

ProWorkflow - 4 year user

Our firm continues to utilize ProWorkflow in new and effective ways after 4 years. The company has released several upgrades that have been great. One of our favorites is the Project Board.

Pros

The main reason we selected ProWorkflow was to track project estimated hours to actual hours and see those results in a clear graphic format. PWF has exceeded our expectations. As our workload has increased, along with the number of projects, PWF has allowed us to stay very organized and work more efficiently. The customer service is outstanding. The PWF account representative is readily available for quick questions and training at any time. This is all inclusive of the overall cost of the software.

Cons

The profitability reports can be a bit time consuming to set up. Also, an earlier feature, the ability to show project locations on a map, is no longer available.

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

We chose ProWorkflow over other products due to the inclusion of the Timeline/Gantt feature, the overall user-friendly interface and graphics, the ability to clearly see when the actual hours have exceeded the estimated hours, the high level of customer service, and the reasonable cost.

Justin from The MSR Group

Industry: Market Research

ProWorkflow has powerful features yet is still very intuitive for Project Managers and Team Members.

Introducing Project Management in a Marketing environment is very difficult. This is a group of people that don't typically like to be dictated timelines and held accountable for documenting their hours and progress on projects. ProWorkflow was the only Project Management software I found that had the robust features I needed to effectively document projects and manage resources, while providing an intuitive interface that creative team members would embrace.

Pros

I started using ProWorkflow as a project management tool for marketing teams. They liked that it was well designed and extremely easy to use. There is so much flexibility -- such as entering Time Spent -- that users have options in finding what workflow suits them best. What I personally like most is how quick and easy it is to navigate between the different screens. Practically everything is a link, so it's very efficient moving around within, and between, projects.

Cons

If I HAVE to identify a shortcoming with ProWorkflow, based solely on my own preferences, it would be the reporting tools. They are very robust, even including a custom report builder, but it's never been as intuitive as the rest of the software.

Response from ProActive Software

Replied October 2017

It's great to hear that you're loving ProWorkflow Justin! Thank you for the brilliant review.

August 2016

Daniel from United Voice

August 2016

So Far - Really Good.

Work are a growing, highly productive print studio / communications department that services both internal clients in our large organisation and many external clients. It is hard to find a Production Management System that is 'one size fits all'. But, for the most part, ProWorkflow is very diverse and adaptable. After researching and comparing ProWorkflow with other PMS's, this was the most comprehensive and adaptable to our needs. We implemented ProWorkflow about 1 month ago and have not looked back. With the ease of an all-in-one space for us and our clients to lodge jobs and interact with projects and accounts, tracking, quotes and invoices and CRM. It makes our very heavy work load so much more manageable and accurate. Nothing can fall into the cracks of our frantically busy schedule and be missed with all deadline tracked. Clients no longer have a long delay to be invoiced via combersome manual processes between us and our accounts department, as this is now all integrated as part on our professional work flow using this system. Over all, it has fixed a lot of work flow issues for our very time poor, small team. The support is great. The training, general customer service and support, and follow up (yes - actual follow up) well surpasses my expectation of online software - in fact any interaction I can think of to do with software or online service. They are always taking on board my input to better the software to make it more flexible and adaptable as best they can, and are often updating and bettering the system. So far - really good.

Pros

- Comprehensive, adaptable all-in-one PMS. - Easy and quick to use. - Great Support.

Cons

- Lack of integration between project / project request data and quote/invoice data. - Unable to have multiple companies for the one contact.

Response from ProActive Software

Replied August 2016

Thanks Daniel! We appreciate the review ;-)

Dianne from Design Services Company

Industry: Architecture & Planning

ProWorkflow is a flexible tool for project planning and more

We are still learning to take advantage of all the valuable tools PWF offers for project planning and time management. The tools we are using have helped us realize the actually amount of time we should be allocating for different project types as well as keeping tasks / projects slipping through the cracks.

Pros

Variety of ways of tracking time (from pre-planning the day or week to tracking as you work) Mobile app as well as other online apps work well. Project planning and allocating time for tasks are great to analyzing how much time to allow for projects and tasks. Templates for tasks / workflows makes it easy to plan out projects. Integration with Google maps is very handy when traveling to client's homes or project sites. Integrates well with Xero, after company is manually added into Xero (see con below), for sending over invoices and keeping track of invoice payments.

Cons

I like knowing what features / improvements are in the works for software / online tools I use. With PWF there really isn't a way of knowing what's in the planning stage from the developers. Xero integration would be better if we could import companies / contacts into Xero rather than having to add to Xero manually. Events would work better if they would show on task lists. Currently the only place to see them is on the calendar view.

Rik from Melriks Design, Inc.

Fantastic

We use it to organize and monitor the progress of every project.

Pros

Projects. Tasks. Task Templates. Categories. Built-in Gantt chart (customers love it). Customer tracking. Build-your-own reports. Multiple ways to track time are built-in. Integration with Zapier is smooth.

Cons

It integrates with Quickbooks desktop, but I didn't like how it moved over hours and rates. PWF uses a lot of hover menus to keep the interface clean, but if you don't know where to click, you'll miss functionality. The color contrast is very light for older eyes.

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

PWF sits in that perfect space of features, ease-of-use, and power. It's solidly structured like Teamwork. It has some Web 2.0 features like ClickUp. It has the power of Wrike. Combine it with Zapier to push team notifications (with important actionable details) and you have a good project management system at at affordable price.

Reasons for Switching to ProWorkflow

Teamwork didn't help the team work. Nothing worked as advertised in Workamajig. Clickup was catering to the Asana crowd.

Zsolt from Joyprint Australia Pty Ltd

Industry: Printing

Customisable perfection

PWF is the most important management tool in our company.

Pros

I've been a subscriber since 2011. In the last years the number of new functions skyrocketed. I love that we can add custom fields, it is really helpful. I am also happy with the quote and invoice module, the Xero integration is crucial for us. I can't imagine my company without PWF.

Cons

Possible improvements: - direct email import to projects - a bit more fancy Fixed Cost Items list editor - thumbnails for the pictures

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

I like the Project Page in PWF. And the Custom Fields.

Reasons for Switching to ProWorkflow

I needed a more professional cloud-based service.

Gina from Australis Medical

Organising our projects in PWF

We are not using all of he features of PWF - only really using it to time-track some monthly projects and track certain types of billing. The projects help us track our work on projects and also accurately invoice our clients. I know PWF is capable of doing more, but haven't had the need to use the other features.

Pros

We enjoy being able to load a task template each month for repeating projects. Also having multiple people able to track their time in the projects from various locations. Being able to print reports of tasks and times inside of the projects.

Cons

It is a bit "buggy" in certain browsers - ie Can't seem to be able to create a pdf (in chrome) when wanting to print a "tasks and time" report so I just "print" it and then save as pdf that way....also, unable to open new project and use template in one of the browsers (Safari I think). There is usually a workaround though. I find the archive section a little difficult to navigate when I need to search for quite a few archived projects ie when you hit the back button it takes you out of the archive page, but perhaps I've overlooked something.

Dustin from Brenton Creative

Choosing To Use ProWorkFlow Was A No-Brainer!

I chose ProWorkFlow when I was with a previous company. I knew when I started my own company that THIS was going to be the software I was going to use. No doubt in my mind.

Pros

ProWorkFlow keeps me organized. It helps me to track the progress of a project and the time spent on that project.

Cons

I don't really have anything that I don't like. I feel like there is so much functionality that it can do that I don't utilize. I wish I knew more about how the product works. Maybe offer some more tutorials?

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

I've used it before and the ease of use.

Nikita from Kulture Konnect, Inc.

Happy User Since 2011

The business problem that ProWorkFlow solves is making our project management successful and efficient. It helps us look good in front of our clients because we are able to efficiently manage large jobs and thousands of tasks.

Pros

ProWorkFlow has been essential for our business. It is so easy to use and keeps our projects and tasks organized and easy to manage. Our clients are onboarded easily and they like it because they can always see where their projects are at. Our employees love it because it makes it clear what they need to work on each day. We can organize tasks by priority and by the deadline. The software is so versatile and as our business processes morph over the years, ProWorkFlow morphs along with us.

Cons

One thing that could be improved are adding an option to create auto-generated reports. This way we could send an automatic monthly report to our clients on all tasks/jobs completed and they can easily see what was worked on for them over the month.

Georgina from SAMBATIKI

Great option for sole traders with diverse businesses

Great company, great product and really nice support staff.

Pros

It's quick and efficient to track time (can even do it from the app on my phone) and create invoices, even for low-value projects.

Cons

Because it's so powerful and has so many features, it can be a bit overwhelming working through the parts and learning how to use it for your own needs. But customer service is second-to-none and they're always available to assist.

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

The amount of control over everything I wanted to be able to manage in one place.

Reasons for Switching to ProWorkflow

Can't remember the name of the software I tried, it was specifically designed for creatives. It was awful! So little control over anything, and even the design of documents was fixed. I used PWF years before in a studio I worked for and I was familiar with the interface and functionality, so I tried it again as a sole trader and have found it to be perfect.

Steve from The Quilted Squirrel

Best PM Software Hands-Down

I've used PWF for nearly 10 years. Along the way I've entertained others here and there, and PWF has consistently been the best value and features.

Pros

Super easy to use; great customer support; great training videos and on-boarding; robust features at a reasonable price

Cons

Specifically for marketing/advertising agency...a client proofing/review feature would be great, along with better asset management specific to a project/client. A more robust client portal would be great, too.

Mark from Caruso + Drye Design Group, Inc.

Powerful Once You Look Under The Hood

Overall we have been pleased with ProWorkFlow, particularly as we've learned the "hidden/not so obvious" features that are difficult to find without digging deep. Customer service has always been outstanding, with responses to emailed questions being answered promptly.

Pros

I really like the fact that ProWorkFlow integrates basic project management tools such as time tracking and resource allocation, along with accounting tools such as quotation generation and invoicing. We looked at many other solutions which had great accounting or project management tools, but did not combine them into a single solution. Being able to turn an approved quotation into a project with a few simple clicks of the mouse has been a huge efficiency boost.

Cons

ProWorkFlow is very powerful, but some tools are not all that easy to locate or utilize, and are sometimes counter intuitive. As an example, when logging project time and project expenses one would expect to be able to do this from the same window/screen/menu, but requires the user to enter one and then go to a different part of the application to enter the other.

Jonathan from WORLD News Group

Industry: Publishing

A decent project management software

I'm the marketing director for my company and proworkflow has helped my small marketing team stay on track. I have 3 licenses for this. So for the money, PWF delivers a good amount!

Pros

It gives you the ability to get pretty detailed on your tasks if you want to. It allows you to see all the projects next to their due date on one screen. Tasks can be arranged with specific headings so that tasks can be grouped in separate categories all within one project.

Cons

The mobile app felt useless to me (granted, the last time I tried was over a year ago). The app only allowed you to see tasks that you're specifically assigned to in a project. This doesn't help the manager of a department who needs to see the status of all projects. The software as a whole is not intuitive. Once you've spent time playing around with PWF and creating many projects you have a better grasp of the core functionality, but I feel it takes too long to get to that point.

Julie from Julie Hanan Design

Industry: Graphic Design

The only project management tool you'll ned!

Pros

I love the ability to customize my clients schedules

Cons

I wish I had more automation options for emailing and followups so ensure nothing gets missed.

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

ProWorkFlow is an excellent project management tool and extremely easy to use. I am able to customize the tools to best fit my needs. Customer service is also great and always willing to help with any questions!

One of my Favorite Project Management Software

Once I decide to purchase this software, my business would improve efficiency for scale.

Pros

I was excited to try Proworkflow's free trial. After trying so many different products, proworkflow suits most of my business needs. I like the features such as a user friendly dashboard *a must* (plus it feels & looks professional and can be brand personalized). Next in line is the actual functionality - Project Management includes agility timelines, timesheets, budget tracking & tasks. Has a ton of tools which are easily accessible, projects have a great layout with customizable templates for seamless workflows. I especially like the Client/Vendor Collaboration portal. I can upload files, organize and set privacy. Reports have a clean and easy to read layout and are pretty much a one click to print. Lastly, the integrations are useful - google docs, drive and quickbooks are my favorites. Overall, ProWorkFlow could be a great investment, The Solo price is $10/m w/out plugins such as Quotes Manager and Invoices Manager. The Advanced price is $30/m includes plugins such as Quotes Manager and Invoices Manager (which is reasonable).

Cons

What makes me sad is the time it has taken me to finally discover this software. During my trial, I was not able to test drive the Quotes Manager or Invoice Manager. Otherwise, not sure exactly what the Advanced level offers that Solo doesn't. To completely setup the software without help would probably add an extra 20+ hours to my workload. I am definitely considering to make the switch to Proworkflow. A major bonus would be added features such as the ability to send project contracts and project questionnaires.

Response from ProActive Software

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the review!

Tyler from Colloredo & Associates

ProWorkflow is the staple of our agency

I have been using ProWorkflow for almost 3 years now and it has made my job much, much more efficient. When I was hired at the agency I'm currently at, my first task was to learn the system and then train our staff on how to use the software. I would strongly recommend ProWorkflow to everyone.

Pros

The thing I like most about PWF is the ease of use. It's really easy to learn and I can train new employees on how to track projects and log their time in a matter of minutes. An additional feature that I like most about PWF is the billing. The ability to track and pull billable hours is second to none.

Cons

One feature that I least like is the Summary page. It's the first thing you see when you first open the website and can be intimidating if you see that you have 24 tasks overdue.

Reasons for Switching to ProWorkflow

The ability for project management, communication, and tracking hours all in one place.

Chris from Smartfish Creative

Easily the best workflow tool for the design industry

I'm extremely happy with ProWorkFlow. It makes taste such as invoicing and quoting effortless and fast, and in terms of job management, no matter how busy I am it makes my workload manageable.

Pros

I've been using ProWorkFlow for many years now and find the ease of use, as well and the invoicing and quoting management massive time savers. I like how it is perfect for this industry, whether you're a one man band or a large agency.

Cons

It does tend to lack some flexibility in the layout, and I'd love to see an App version. the mobile version isn't that great.

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

It just seemed to work better, and integrated seamlessly with Xero. I have tried others as an alternative, but the functionality and price of Proworkflow, as well as a great customer support service , I doubt I'll be changing any time soon!

July 2016

Inga from tinyFrog Technologies, Inc.

TinyFrog loves PWF!

The support staff is amazing! They reply quickly and with solutions to anything we have needed so far.

Pros

Ease of use - organization, etc.

Cons

There are 2-3 things we struggle with: 1) there is not a real space to keep client information , we are web development company and need logins and other areas of reference that cannot easily be located. Sort of a bummer that we have a workaround for, but the larger we get the more unlikely it will be a good solution. 2) the inability to create & link "Tasks" single tasks to a client - we often have trouble tickets where we don't need a full project but do need the documentation of work being being and completed, we haven't figured out a good solution for this and hope SOON you have something to offer. We have the Maintenance or General task but it doesn't link to the client from what we can find anywhere. 3) a wishlist item, storage space - although we use the cloud we don't have a universal network of our files there - so each person will need to add files to tasks, projects they it is something that isn't an issue now, but can be in the near future.

Response from ProActive Software

Replied July 2016

Thanks Inga! Appreciate the review. Have a great weekend, I'll pass to the team ;-)

Heather from Del City

Saved My Sanity

For a long time my company didnt want to spend any money on project management and insisted that an excel sheet tracker was "good enough". I complained and researched, finally finding PWF. It had everything we needed and more. The stuff we didnt need wouldnt be a hinderance either. I work in house so we dont need to do any billing or invoicing. After doing some time saving analysis and working through a trial period I finally convinced my company to subscribe. I easily set-up the account details and the PWF team helped us separate the accounts into our 3 divisions. Each division is able to manage their own sites and job lists as they see fit which is also a huge benefit because we all have slightly different job sets. I even labeled my division header with "Project Sanity Site".

Pros

Easy to use, and very customizable. We can track all of our jobs and keep a record. I am able to track my time so my coworkers understand how long a project can take. (Its not really magic!) I made job templates with key information so that my clients dont forget details, each type of project as a different template!

Cons

nothing!

ProWorkflow Product Review

We are doing a much better job of keep track of our time for each project with the use of ProWorkflow.

Pros

We have been using ProWorkflow for 5 years. It is very easy to use. We can customize general settings, look and feel, and project settings. We are able to create our own project categories, tasks and reports. We are able to easily add additional users when needed.

Cons

I would like to see some enhancements to the notes section and contact section. Such as being able to have categories for Notes, like we do for projects. For the contacts tab. Add a tab under Companies for Contacts and Notes. I need to see all my contacts for a company on one page not off to the side. The profile page should display key standard fields, but then I would like to add custom fields too. Such as Customer start date, key contact, account number, etc.

Jordan from Grafted Group Corp

Couldn't do business without it

We have found that with PWF we are.more efficient, more accountable, and have more time to care for our clients.

Pros

We've transitioned into using PWF as just information tracking to full customer profiles, work flow, time tracking, and complete information hub. Every time we've called and asked for slight changes to the software they've responded in remarkable timelines. Recommend this for medium to large businesses with lots of information to keep tracked, accessible and organized. Great way to communicate too.

Cons

There could be an app instead of just a mobile site, and with such allow messaging to operate outside of email as an app for staff and clients alike. Also, I think some of the API integration could be a little more robust for a smoother user experience for those users trying to use PWF to it's full capacity.

Dave from Absolute Design & Consulting Inc.

Industry: Graphic Design

Pays for itself many times over

So much easier to make sure all time is billed. I love when myself and staff can fill a solid day with tracked time — lets me know nothing has been left on the table before billing. Capturing all of the time we spend on projects pays for the monthly PWF licence many times over. We are simply more profitable with this tool.

Pros

Ability to organize projects any time from anywhere and delegate tasks effectively.

Cons

Xero integration could be improved. It's not possible to make any changes to an invoice after it is sent to Xero. It would also be great to be able to categorize line items into Xero's revenue accounts directly from PWF. Also, I find it takes too long to just add a quick task to a project while on the phone with a client — I always end up keeping notes in a text file because it's faster/easier, and then creating tasks in PWF later when I have more time.

Paul from Big Mouth Media Digital

The best online system we've ever used

It helps is keep track of our jobs, where we are at with them, hours worked - there's a few things we'd love to customise for our business in particular, but it's been our best friend in business for the last 6 years !

Pros

We used to use an in-house/server only program with Filemaker Pro that never had external access - now I can log in anywhere to send scripts to our voice over talent and keep on top of jobs, quotes and invoices - plus we use Xero, so it's great to have that integration with invoices.

Cons

There's a couple of quirks in the manner of it being web based, and I'd love to see templates for font sizes in messages and emails out of the system, and occasionally we have issues (not ProWorflow's issue) that some government departments reject the emails out of the PWF system and we have to double check they got them !

Benny from R. J. Corman Railroad Group

Easy to Use

We can make sure we have visibility across our team of all our activities and we can make reports to show to the executive team.

Pros

Web-based, easy to use, customizable, customer portal, notifications

Cons

There's not a good mobile app to use in conjunction.

Reasons for Switching to ProWorkflow

SharePoint was not well suited for this application

Rob from Iguana, Inc.

Industry: Graphic Design

Client, Project, Hours and Invoice Management ALL IN ONE!

For small business, managing the tasks at hand, the hours they took to do and then tracking invoicing and payments is a huge task that prevents one from doing what they love. ProWorkFlow makes the hardest part of running a business a breeze from ONE DASHBOARD!

Pros

I spent years searching for an integrated system to manage our small business projects, tasks, hours reports AND invoicing for years. All you find are solutions that do one maybe two of those things well. ProWorkFlow does ALL four simply and easily. I don't know how we'd do the work we do without it!

Cons

There are some features we don't use (like quotes) I wish could just be turned off and removed from the interface. I also wish there was more specific customizing of some of the forms and invoices (again for simplicity).

HEATHER from HEATHERJAMES.com.au

ProWorkflow is a MUST HAVE for any businesses managing multiple, people, tasks and projects.

Saves time, reduces unnecessary calls, keeps everything organised and reduces stress and helps manage project budgets and time on projects.

Pros

I have returned yet again to use PWF as I have started designing. The features have improved tremendously, certainly more user-friendly, great project templates to apply to make it easier to set up which I love! You can even make your own Project templates, which is a bonus. I came straight back to ProWorkflow because it helped me so much I am now a returning customer and a happy one at that!

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that one important social media link field is missing in the contacts section, which I have put a request in for with IT.

Response from ProActive Software

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the awesome feedback Heather! We're glad you love ProWorkflow!

Matt from MidCentral DHB

PWF

I am able to have all of my patients information on equipment and housing modifications all in one place.

Pros

This program is the easiest system and most comprehensive we have utilised to manage ministry of health funding requests with Enable NZ, being able to attach and follow the flow of reports and information is great.

Cons

I am a user of this software, it is frustrating that when EMS advisors at Enable NZ are finished with a client it removes the client from the system for me. I would be working with a client and checking updates and using the information to help manage the patients equipment or housing alterations, and then it would disappear.

Reasons for Switching to ProWorkflow

The choice was with Enable NZ, I work for the P.N hospital.

Lillian from Lillie Ammann, Writer & Editor

Industry: Publishing

Excellent way to track projects

Projects stay on track much better when they are planned and tracked effectively. ProWorkFlow makes that difficult job much easier.

Pros

I do not have any employees, but I work with a couple of freelancers on specific projects. This software makes it easy to collaborate to ensure that each person knows the status of the project and to complete their tasks in a timely manner. Even when I work alone, I use ProWorkFlow to manage projects, as it makes planning and tracking projects efficient.

Cons

I used to have the quote and billing module, but they were useful enough for me, so I cancelled. I wish ProWorkFlow offered a module for not only billing but also accounts receivable. I would sign up for that right away.

Todd from Threesides Marketing

Industry: Graphic Design

Does what it says on the packet - and does it well.

We compare PWF with other solutions on the market on an annual basis (every year for 10 years!) and still continue to find ways that OPWF comes out on top.

Pros

We have used Proworkflow for around 10 years and heavily use it for time tracking, resource scheduling, budget management and cost tracking. We run a marketing agency with a team of 13 people and all users rely on PWF for daily management of their billable. The reporting features are strong and customisable. The interface continues to improve and periodic upgrades that always seem o add another level of improvement and usability.

Cons

We have seen other more feature rich software options on the market that would improve our client collaboration.

Stefanie from Pace Creative Group Ltd.

Great PM Tool for small to medium size companies

We have been using PWF since we started the company 5 years ago and we are big fans of it. When talking to industry leaders, the tool is not known at all. Having said that our team members old and new like it. We have only recently started to work on creating reports which has given us lots of insights on how we run our business, which clients we should focus on, each team member productivity level, ect.

Pros

It's easy to train people on how to use it. It's cost effective. The customer support has been consistently good... keep it up! :)

Cons

The interface, UI/UX should be improved. New features should be implemented each year to grow the software over time. one thing it would be nice to have a ticket system with tech and it companies could use. Need to be more flexible when used by users, more like boot camp

Easy to Use Program for Projects

Pros

Setting up a project template for repeated action items and milestones helps save time on each new project's set up.

Cons

It would be nice if the Gantt Chart could print into a readable PDF showing the timeline properly.

Reasons for Switching to ProWorkflow

There wasn't enough detail.

Kim from Sign Star NY

Helped us maintain and increase our business expedentially

We were able to increase the amount projects we can take on and manage, which is a win win for our business.

Pros

Being able to maintain our projects and increase our business. We are able to know the status and history of any project at any time.

Cons

Currently the feature that is not working optimally for us, is in the task section. When we want to add a task, there are only two options - one is duplicate task and the other is add task template. There used to be an option to just add one task. Can you bring that feature back?

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

Pro Work flow checked off the most amount of boxes of what we were looking for in a product to help manage our work flow. The value is spot on as well.

Suzanne from Yellow 6

Proworkflow for design

The ability to task and track and invoice are fantastic, this really has changed the way we work for the better.

Pros

WE use PWF everyday for tasking and keeping track of hours allocated and spent on projects. We also use it for invoicing+ quoting. Its a great programme for keeping track of everything and the apps are great.

Cons

The idiosyncratic tendancies that the apps have - the Weekly workloader for example, its difficult to see at a glance the project title as the client name is first. We have several projects with the same name. The hours allocated to a task are also not noted on this app. The ability to drag a task from one day to the next would be great too. I find that custom reports are very hard to create too...

Victoria from RBA Architects + Conservation

Review from a Studio Manager

Great customer service and quick to answer our calls. We understand that you're still going through some teething problems so we'll stick with Pro Work Flow for now as we've been informed that changes are coming. Would still recommend this software.

Pros

This software has helped us a lot as we came from excel spreadsheets. The reports capability is fantastic. The timesheet is easy to use. The customer support is also great.

Cons

The templates for invoicing is quite basic and can look a little unprofessional. Not having filters in reports that calculate the number of hours per staff member. Not enough report templates. It would be good if there were more ready-made templates. The syncing process with myob works but isn't the easiest.