• Pros

• "It is fairly easy to use and has some good options to customize"

• "The software was easy to set up and has made my business function a lot more smoothly."

• "It's ease of use and intuitive nature. I also love that it was able to be customized to my needs. "

• Cons

• "There are some things that the software was not able to do - but I managed to find work-arounds."

• "Email functionality to the client can be a little cumbersome. Wish there were a few more features in this area. "

• "Has some limits on users and access, some limited catagories"

Browse ProWorkflow Reviews

Lillie from Lillie Ammann, Writer/Editor

Very useful

The company has been very responsive; customer support is amazing. One time there was a relatively minor problem with the timer. I submitted a ticket, and a customer support rep called me on the phone and spent a long time troubleshooting to resolve the problem. I was very impressed that rather than going back and forth via email, he took the initiative to call me and spent as much time as needed. I'm very happy with ProWorkflow.

Pros

It makes it easy to manage projects with an associate. Although there are only two of us and the client, there is a lot of back and forth on each project. It used to be hard to keep track of where we were and who needed to take the next step, but now it's simple. I also like the ease of tracking time on each step of a project. I can do a better job of estimating new projects based on the actual time for older projects, and I can see if a project is out of sync. The customer support is fantastic.

Cons

I really wish it had a feature that is missing. It has a great invoicing feature, but I really need an accounts receivable component. There is a list of all outstanding invoices, but there's way to keep track if a client makes only a partial payment or if there are several individual invoices. I can track individual invoices, but there is no way to know the total balance due from a specific client. I realize this is not something the software is designed to do, but it creates extra work for me because I have to record all the invoices and payments on a manual spreadsheet to have complete information.

Michael from Plan mark Design Studio, LLC

Keeps Management Simple

Proworkflow has allowed me to grow my business to where I am now. Scheduling was predictable and I always had flexibity to shift my schedule around on the fly without a lot of pain. The work flow from quote to projects to invoicing has been seemless.

Pros

Proworkflow requires minimal effort to stay on top of your business. I think the importance of this gets overlooked too often. Setting Quotes and invoices are minutes at most, and setting projects and adding tasks can be done on the fly with little investment of your time. You can see the impact on resources scheduling before you even finish setting up your planning your tasks. I don't have enough words how valuable of a tool this has been without scrambling our brains to operate.

Cons

If you need a more sophisticated system for proposals and invoices Proworkflow is not there. It will give you just enough flexibility to customize a quote and send your invoices to quickbooks/Xero directly from a quote or proposal. But if you need quote/proposal templates for multi page terms and conditions, and percentage invoicing or progress billing, be prepared to do these manually.

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

Proworkflow had the least amount of on-boarding required while having the most features. Their support team was great at teaching us how to use it, at no cost.

Carmen from Blue Environment

Industry: Environmental Services

Good start but still a lot to be implemented

Whilst PWF has potential and I'm sure the intention to rectify and further develop the software is there, in it's current format it does not meet our business needs, requiring us to use external software sitting outside of PWF's functionality. It appears to be set up for a niche market and would do well to expand its capabilities to provide fuller functionality for all clients.

Pros

I've been using PWF for a year now and see there is potential for this to be a convenient, easy to use tool once development improvements have been implemented. The support staff are friendly and provide assistance where possible. The software enables us to pay per user and grants multiple users to access the platform with individually allocated access rights, allowing us to set security levels pending the role of the user and adjust our monthly payments pending the number of consultants we currently have on board. You are able to live track time which is helpful for our consultants in allocating to billable projects. Review of time entered and staff workload is also a useful function.

Cons

I feel this software is still in its developmental stage and has a lot of improvements to be implemented. For example, integration with MYOB is poor and non usable, invoicing fields need expanding (ie choice of PO or street address, ABN field for recipient, etc), templates and emailing tools are very basic and limited, contact listings are restrictive and missing vital fields (ie ABN, PO Box, etc) or requiring double handling (ie single contacts need to be connected to a non existent company, for example where no company is applicable you have to create fake one to connect them contact to), reports need to have more functionality and retrospective time reports come up with errors in date ranges making data inaccurate, add/edit tasks need further options such as sort functions, window resizing/positioning needs to be added, pro bono projects cannot be marked as non billable unless you tick them off as "invoiced" (which is incorrect and misleading). These are just a few of the issues we have recently been struggling with.

Straight to the point solution

Overall, a great solution that cuts through the noise for you in the already-crazy world of project management with great value for money as well.

Pros

- Great support for Agile sprints, you can tell that the Agile methodology was thought of in the product's design, offering so many tools and features that enable working on sprints and other fast-paced projects. - Nice Milestone and Kanban visualisation as well. As I said earlier, points your attention to the most important thing to note; straight to the point. - Great value for money too.

Cons

- Not great support for all invoicing scenarios; that would be useful to integrate into some projects that perhaps require follow-on funding or fractional and/or incremental payments. - It doesn't have great support for extra-platform communication with colleagues and third parties that are outside the platform, this could be useful when interfacing with clients who may not be registered users

Reasons for Choosing ProWorkflow

Because ProWorkflow offered the right balance between fair-pricing and a rich feature set.

Lillie from Lillie Ammann, Writer/Editor

Excellent tool

Other than not being able to keep track of invoices and payments, I love ProWorkflow. It is excellent for collaboration but also works well for solo use. It's the best way I've found to stay on track on multiple projects simultaneously.

Pros

I love how easy it is to manage multiple projects. I can keep track of where I and my associate are on any job. Even when I work alone on a project, I use ProWorkflow to keep track of every step. Having an archive of all previous projects, including related documents, is very useful. Being able to create templates for tasks, invoices, etc. saves a lot of time and effort. Although I rarely have any problems, when I have had issues, customer service has been outstanding.

Cons

Since I bill for projects incrementally, I wish there was a better way to invoice and keep track of incremental payments. ProWorkflow reminds you to invoice at the end of a project for the entire amount. There's no way to set up invoices for incremental payments, and there's no way to show an invoice partially paid. So I if receive a partial payment, I have to mark the original invoice paid (or delete it) and issue a new invoice for the balance. I'd really like an accounting component to be able to keep track of payments instead of having to have another system for that.

Tyson from Crescent Electric Supply Company

Industry: Wholesale

Great platform

Fantastic staff. We have a complex setup using a request for and through their team, and the team at Zapier, we've created great functionality for all types of requests. All of our designers and marketing staff use PWF to maintain over 2,500 requests to-date.

Pros

Fantastic PM platform for teams with multiple users all looking to collaborate on projects down to the task level. Due dates are great to keep things on time. API integration into BOX is huge for us. We also take advantage of Zapier integration to allow the information import from complete online request forms automatically into the project request.

Cons

Some features could be added to improve usability. The option to send a message or file to anyone via email address, not just registered users, and let them respond. The ability for those non-registered users to view a project for say, status, or who is assigned to it. Or the option to give outsiders the ability to view a project status in process. Also, a process for project/task reviews by non-users. For example, a triggered message with a button to approve, or reject, or provide feedback that feeds back directly into the platform. Our users would also like more customization on the "Home" screen as to which detail is displayed rather than the default info.

Jonathan from WORLD News Group

Industry: Publishing

A decent project management software

I'm the marketing director for my company and proworkflow has helped my small marketing team stay on track. I have 3 licenses for this. So for the money, PWF delivers a good amount!

Pros

It gives you the ability to get pretty detailed on your tasks if you want to. It allows you to see all the projects next to their due date on one screen. Tasks can be arranged with specific headings so that tasks can be grouped in separate categories all within one project.

Cons

The mobile app felt useless to me (granted, the last time I tried was over a year ago). The app only allowed you to see tasks that you're specifically assigned to in a project. This doesn't help the manager of a department who needs to see the status of all projects. The software as a whole is not intuitive. Once you've spent time playing around with PWF and creating many projects you have a better grasp of the core functionality, but I feel it takes too long to get to that point.

Jessica Rose from Social Path

Bring on tick Friday - Love ProWorkFlow

Our team are able to collaborate more. We have a greater transparency with clients & are overall much productive.

Pros

Our team are able to collaborate & we are able to manage both projects (development/design) as well as monthly recurring tasks (agency social media posting/community management). ProWorkflow weekly workload app is a life saver & the team proactively have a "tick Friday" were we go home early if all boards are cleared and completed. Our business is able to see where the profitability lies within our services & where we can make improvements. Highly recommend this tool due to its ease of use & flexibility.

Cons

For recurring tasks / monthly repetitive services of an agency you cannot just duplicate a current "project" and rename it. This would be an awesome time saving feature to have.

Great program for great value

Overall great software. Very visually appealing and the organization makes sense. Highly recommend.

Pros

I've been trying out a lot of project management software recently, and this program stacks up very well. The UI is organized and sleek, and there's a good use of visualization for task prioritization, task status, and time tracking. I like the interface more than most other software I've tried. It's also fairly cost efficient for smaller teams compared to other options and you get many of the same features that more expensive programs offer. They offer tutorials on how to use all the features, but it's not too difficult to learn the majority of them.

Cons

There are a few bugs and kinks that need working out, but the team seems very active in doing so.

Radina from Modis

It really did improve our workflow

It helps our team collaborate and get our work done quicker.

Pros

The amount of projects you can add to your Board is unmatched ,compared to the other project management tools I have used. You can prioritize tasks ,assign them to other people within the team and work simultaneously with others on a project online.

Cons

While tracking your billable hours is easy , I would like to see improvement as far as issuing and sending out invoices for the actual work goes .I currently do that elsewhere and it would be great if it becomes another thing I can take care of with ProWorkFlow .

Tracey from Shepherd Services Pty Ltd

Industry: Civil Engineering

Overall ProWorkFlow services the needs of the business very well. However there is room to improve.

The benefits of day to day performance of PWF software far outweighs the lack of adequate financial reporting. Appreciating that this tool is project management / scheduling focussed, some basic cost analysis is necessary when scheduling projects which have gone over estimates,etc. Overall, we are satisfied with the product and would happily recommend it to people we know as being one of the better ones to consider.

Pros

Project management, work scheduling, standard reports, quality of support service; response times to emails; time sheets; time widget;

Cons

Financial reporting - being able to export expenses information, in an excel format, functionally - including expense title; description, cost, dated entered into PWF and invoice/d status. Being able to see the status of the expense on the front screen, rather than drilling into the individual expense would be very beneficial. Employee Leave - as a time management / project management tool, recording / reporting leave has been overlooked; There is no ability to duplicate a project. Recording an employee's hourly rate. There is no provision to record an individual's hourly rate. It would be great if this could be included in Staff Users & Permission profile for each employee and then be exported as part of a report which reports project income against wages expense. Financial comparisons / breakdown information. It would be great to be able to have a standard report which reports on project income, project expenses and project wages expenses as separate items, in excel format. Custom Reporting - it is very difficult to discern / interpret how to draft a custom report. The process is ambiguous.

Response from ProActive Software

Replied October 2017

Thanks for the review Tracey!

January 2016

January 2016

Well-priced Intuitive Platform with Excellent Support

Our marketing agency had evaluated time tracking tools in the past and ended up scrapping the tool shortly after installation due to lack of support from the vendor. It was a significant time and money investment that was essentially wasted. With that history, we approached a new tool with great caution and extreme due diligence. Unless you are going to hire developers and build your own solution, there will always be compromises and a constant state of development and upgrades. We started with a list of 50 vendors, whittled it down to 5, and ultimately went with ProWorkflow. The PWF team is stellar. Beyond stellar really. From the get go, our contact Ivan was incredibly patient with our extreme due diligence. He was readily available to understand our needs and answer questions. Besides being impressed with the platform, we were very drawn to the lack of implementation fee or contract. Highly unusual compared to the other vendors we evaluated. We loved this commitment to happy customers and they have more than proven that they are interested in happy customers. Our Implementation Specialist Dena has been super helpful in getting everything set up correctly. Our Support Specialist Jack is easily accessible and often answers questions with a quick screencast which is super helpful. The platform itself is easy to use and the internal team has migrated to it well. We have set up over 20 project templates which has aided our project team tremendously saving time creating schedules and making the steps relatively consistent between projects. The design team loves having fully built out schedules with clear expectations and deadlines. One compromise we did have to make is in regards to reporting. Due to client agreements, we cannot give financial visibility of projects to all team members and the advanced plan didn't work for us as we have resources that span multiple clients. This has left some managers without the ability to pull their own reports which took some getting used to but they are adjusting.

Pros

• Support. The PWF team is the gold standard of customer service!! • Value • Ease-of-use • Using the platform has broadened awareness of what it really takes to complete a project (both from a time and budget perspective) • Ability to estimate jobs prior to work commencing • Project templates • Organization-wide project visibility • Project and task visibility increases accountability because resources and deadlines are clearly articulated. • Scalable platform

Cons

• Unfortunately we cannot give all team members visibility to the reporting features due to client confidentiality reasons. It puts an extra burden on the admins to provide reports (which is totally manageable at this time) but ideally you could set reporting permissions on a client level.

Georgia from The Communicators, Inc.

Powerful, Genius, Highly Tailored!

Pros

ProWorkflow is a big secret that people don't know about. I have seen it all, and I have tried it all- You name the tool, and I've seen it. I have been continuously looking for the exact thing that would work for my situation, making me a national expert on what other tools are out there and ProWorkflow does the job! What's great is that no one else has been able to steal this- ProWorkflow is genius - I understand that the first 30 days takes learning and I was committed to being a power user and thought it was amazing that someone would call me! The CEO himself as well! His dream and vision are clear, and it takes a particular kind of person to create this. My clients love the reports and how instantaneous it is. I tell my clients about ProWorkflow and when they into the tool and see what it's all about they go "what! this is couture software but at Walmart prices!! ProWorkflow is like my car- I know it's going to be there when I need it and work when I get in the car. ProWorkflow is powerful! The folks that thought this up - are geniuses and this goes back to one thing, the customer experience, and research and this is what the CEO did. He created ProWorkflow from the experience from the customer of the customer.

Response from ProActive Software

Replied May 2018

Thank you Georgia!

Justin from The MSR Group

Industry: Market Research

ProWorkflow has powerful features yet is still very intuitive for Project Managers and Team Members.

Introducing Project Management in a Marketing environment is very difficult. This is a group of people that don't typically like to be dictated timelines and held accountable for documenting their hours and progress on projects. ProWorkflow was the only Project Management software I found that had the robust features I needed to effectively document projects and manage resources, while providing an intuitive interface that creative team members would embrace.

Pros

I started using ProWorkflow as a project management tool for marketing teams. They liked that it was well designed and extremely easy to use. There is so much flexibility -- such as entering Time Spent -- that users have options in finding what workflow suits them best. What I personally like most is how quick and easy it is to navigate between the different screens. Practically everything is a link, so it's very efficient moving around within, and between, projects.

Cons

If I HAVE to identify a shortcoming with ProWorkflow, based solely on my own preferences, it would be the reporting tools. They are very robust, even including a custom report builder, but it's never been as intuitive as the rest of the software.

Response from ProActive Software

Replied October 2017

It's great to hear that you're loving ProWorkflow Justin! Thank you for the brilliant review.

August 2016

Daniel from United Voice

August 2016

So Far - Really Good.

Work are a growing, highly productive print studio / communications department that services both internal clients in our large organisation and many external clients. It is hard to find a Production Management System that is 'one size fits all'. But, for the most part, ProWorkflow is very diverse and adaptable. After researching and comparing ProWorkflow with other PMS's, this was the most comprehensive and adaptable to our needs. We implemented ProWorkflow about 1 month ago and have not looked back. With the ease of an all-in-one space for us and our clients to lodge jobs and interact with projects and accounts, tracking, quotes and invoices and CRM. It makes our very heavy work load so much more manageable and accurate. Nothing can fall into the cracks of our frantically busy schedule and be missed with all deadline tracked. Clients no longer have a long delay to be invoiced via combersome manual processes between us and our accounts department, as this is now all integrated as part on our professional work flow using this system. Over all, it has fixed a lot of work flow issues for our very time poor, small team. The support is great. The training, general customer service and support, and follow up (yes - actual follow up) well surpasses my expectation of online software - in fact any interaction I can think of to do with software or online service. They are always taking on board my input to better the software to make it more flexible and adaptable as best they can, and are often updating and bettering the system. So far - really good.

Pros

- Comprehensive, adaptable all-in-one PMS. - Easy and quick to use. - Great Support.

Cons

- Lack of integration between project / project request data and quote/invoice data. - Unable to have multiple companies for the one contact.

Response from ProActive Software

Replied August 2016

Thanks Daniel! We appreciate the review ;-)

Dianne from Design Services Company

Industry: Architecture & Planning

ProWorkflow is a flexible tool for project planning and more

We are still learning to take advantage of all the valuable tools PWF offers for project planning and time management. The tools we are using have helped us realize the actually amount of time we should be allocating for different project types as well as keeping tasks / projects slipping through the cracks.

Pros

Variety of ways of tracking time (from pre-planning the day or week to tracking as you work) Mobile app as well as other online apps work well. Project planning and allocating time for tasks are great to analyzing how much time to allow for projects and tasks. Templates for tasks / workflows makes it easy to plan out projects. Integration with Google maps is very handy when traveling to client's homes or project sites. Integrates well with Xero, after company is manually added into Xero (see con below), for sending over invoices and keeping track of invoice payments.

Cons

I like knowing what features / improvements are in the works for software / online tools I use. With PWF there really isn't a way of knowing what's in the planning stage from the developers. Xero integration would be better if we could import companies / contacts into Xero rather than having to add to Xero manually. Events would work better if they would show on task lists. Currently the only place to see them is on the calendar view.

Gina from Australis Medical

Organising our projects in PWF

We are not using all of he features of PWF - only really using it to time-track some monthly projects and track certain types of billing. The projects help us track our work on projects and also accurately invoice our clients. I know PWF is capable of doing more, but haven't had the need to use the other features.

Pros

We enjoy being able to load a task template each month for repeating projects. Also having multiple people able to track their time in the projects from various locations. Being able to print reports of tasks and times inside of the projects.

Cons

It is a bit "buggy" in certain browsers - ie Can't seem to be able to create a pdf (in chrome) when wanting to print a "tasks and time" report so I just "print" it and then save as pdf that way....also, unable to open new project and use template in one of the browsers (Safari I think). There is usually a workaround though. I find the archive section a little difficult to navigate when I need to search for quite a few archived projects ie when you hit the back button it takes you out of the archive page, but perhaps I've overlooked something.

Mark from Caruso + Drye Design Group, Inc.

Powerful Once You Look Under The Hood

Overall we have been pleased with ProWorkFlow, particularly as we've learned the "hidden/not so obvious" features that are difficult to find without digging deep. Customer service has always been outstanding, with responses to emailed questions being answered promptly.

Pros

I really like the fact that ProWorkFlow integrates basic project management tools such as time tracking and resource allocation, along with accounting tools such as quotation generation and invoicing. We looked at many other solutions which had great accounting or project management tools, but did not combine them into a single solution. Being able to turn an approved quotation into a project with a few simple clicks of the mouse has been a huge efficiency boost.

Cons

ProWorkFlow is very powerful, but some tools are not all that easy to locate or utilize, and are sometimes counter intuitive. As an example, when logging project time and project expenses one would expect to be able to do this from the same window/screen/menu, but requires the user to enter one and then go to a different part of the application to enter the other.

One of my Favorite Project Management Software

Once I decide to purchase this software, my business would improve efficiency for scale.

Pros

I was excited to try Proworkflow's free trial. After trying so many different products, proworkflow suits most of my business needs. I like the features such as a user friendly dashboard *a must* (plus it feels & looks professional and can be brand personalized). Next in line is the actual functionality - Project Management includes agility timelines, timesheets, budget tracking & tasks. Has a ton of tools which are easily accessible, projects have a great layout with customizable templates for seamless workflows. I especially like the Client/Vendor Collaboration portal. I can upload files, organize and set privacy. Reports have a clean and easy to read layout and are pretty much a one click to print. Lastly, the integrations are useful - google docs, drive and quickbooks are my favorites. Overall, ProWorkFlow could be a great investment, The Solo price is $10/m w/out plugins such as Quotes Manager and Invoices Manager. The Advanced price is $30/m includes plugins such as Quotes Manager and Invoices Manager (which is reasonable).

Cons

What makes me sad is the time it has taken me to finally discover this software. During my trial, I was not able to test drive the Quotes Manager or Invoice Manager. Otherwise, not sure exactly what the Advanced level offers that Solo doesn't. To completely setup the software without help would probably add an extra 20+ hours to my workload. I am definitely considering to make the switch to Proworkflow. A major bonus would be added features such as the ability to send project contracts and project questionnaires.

Response from ProActive Software

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the review!

Benny from R. J. Corman Railroad Group

Industry: Railroad Manufacture

A Full-Project Tracking Tool

It’s been a critical tool for us to stay organized and on track. It’s easy to use and doesn’t try to be so hip that it loses true functionality.

Pros

ProWorkflow has been a fantastic project management tool from request to report. Our customers can create a request that goes right into our approval pool (which is where we assign project managers). Templates make the request process efficient and thorough. Tasks allow us to assign personnel appropriately, and keep us on track. Reports tell us how well we’re doing or how we need to improve. We often reference our project archive for expense details, notes and previous specs. Being able to email customers right from the project page is great too because it records those conversations for reference later.

Cons

The reports take you about 80% of the way. I use a .xml export to interpret the data in excel.

July 2016

Inga from tinyFrog Technologies, Inc.

TinyFrog loves PWF!

The support staff is amazing! They reply quickly and with solutions to anything we have needed so far.

Pros

Ease of use - organization, etc.

Cons

There are 2-3 things we struggle with: 1) there is not a real space to keep client information , we are web development company and need logins and other areas of reference that cannot easily be located. Sort of a bummer that we have a workaround for, but the larger we get the more unlikely it will be a good solution. 2) the inability to create & link "Tasks" single tasks to a client - we often have trouble tickets where we don't need a full project but do need the documentation of work being being and completed, we haven't figured out a good solution for this and hope SOON you have something to offer. We have the Maintenance or General task but it doesn't link to the client from what we can find anywhere. 3) a wishlist item, storage space - although we use the cloud we don't have a universal network of our files there - so each person will need to add files to tasks, projects they it is something that isn't an issue now, but can be in the near future.

Response from ProActive Software

Replied July 2016

Thanks Inga! Appreciate the review. Have a great weekend, I'll pass to the team ;-)

Heather from Del City

Saved My Sanity

For a long time my company didnt want to spend any money on project management and insisted that an excel sheet tracker was "good enough". I complained and researched, finally finding PWF. It had everything we needed and more. The stuff we didnt need wouldnt be a hinderance either. I work in house so we dont need to do any billing or invoicing. After doing some time saving analysis and working through a trial period I finally convinced my company to subscribe. I easily set-up the account details and the PWF team helped us separate the accounts into our 3 divisions. Each division is able to manage their own sites and job lists as they see fit which is also a huge benefit because we all have slightly different job sets. I even labeled my division header with "Project Sanity Site".

Pros

Easy to use, and very customizable. We can track all of our jobs and keep a record. I am able to track my time so my coworkers understand how long a project can take. (Its not really magic!) I made job templates with key information so that my clients dont forget details, each type of project as a different template!

Cons

nothing!

ProWorkflow Product Review

We are doing a much better job of keep track of our time for each project with the use of ProWorkflow.

Pros

We have been using ProWorkflow for 5 years. It is very easy to use. We can customize general settings, look and feel, and project settings. We are able to create our own project categories, tasks and reports. We are able to easily add additional users when needed.

Cons

I would like to see some enhancements to the notes section and contact section. Such as being able to have categories for Notes, like we do for projects. For the contacts tab. Add a tab under Companies for Contacts and Notes. I need to see all my contacts for a company on one page not off to the side. The profile page should display key standard fields, but then I would like to add custom fields too. Such as Customer start date, key contact, account number, etc.

Jordan from Grafted Group Corp

Couldn't do business without it

We have found that with PWF we are.more efficient, more accountable, and have more time to care for our clients.

Pros

We've transitioned into using PWF as just information tracking to full customer profiles, work flow, time tracking, and complete information hub. Every time we've called and asked for slight changes to the software they've responded in remarkable timelines. Recommend this for medium to large businesses with lots of information to keep tracked, accessible and organized. Great way to communicate too.

Cons

There could be an app instead of just a mobile site, and with such allow messaging to operate outside of email as an app for staff and clients alike. Also, I think some of the API integration could be a little more robust for a smoother user experience for those users trying to use PWF to it's full capacity.

Dave from Absolute Design & Consulting Inc.

Industry: Graphic Design

Pays for itself many times over

So much easier to make sure all time is billed. I love when myself and staff can fill a solid day with tracked time — lets me know nothing has been left on the table before billing. Capturing all of the time we spend on projects pays for the monthly PWF licence many times over. We are simply more profitable with this tool.

Pros

Ability to organize projects any time from anywhere and delegate tasks effectively.

Cons

Xero integration could be improved. It's not possible to make any changes to an invoice after it is sent to Xero. It would also be great to be able to categorize line items into Xero's revenue accounts directly from PWF. Also, I find it takes too long to just add a quick task to a project while on the phone with a client — I always end up keeping notes in a text file because it's faster/easier, and then creating tasks in PWF later when I have more time.

Paul from Big Mouth Media Digital

The best online system we've ever used

It helps is keep track of our jobs, where we are at with them, hours worked - there's a few things we'd love to customise for our business in particular, but it's been our best friend in business for the last 6 years !

Pros

We used to use an in-house/server only program with Filemaker Pro that never had external access - now I can log in anywhere to send scripts to our voice over talent and keep on top of jobs, quotes and invoices - plus we use Xero, so it's great to have that integration with invoices.

Cons

There's a couple of quirks in the manner of it being web based, and I'd love to see templates for font sizes in messages and emails out of the system, and occasionally we have issues (not ProWorflow's issue) that some government departments reject the emails out of the PWF system and we have to double check they got them !

Rob from Iguana, Inc.

Industry: Graphic Design

Client, Project, Hours and Invoice Management ALL IN ONE!

For small business, managing the tasks at hand, the hours they took to do and then tracking invoicing and payments is a huge task that prevents one from doing what they love. ProWorkFlow makes the hardest part of running a business a breeze from ONE DASHBOARD!

Pros

I spent years searching for an integrated system to manage our small business projects, tasks, hours reports AND invoicing for years. All you find are solutions that do one maybe two of those things well. ProWorkFlow does ALL four simply and easily. I don't know how we'd do the work we do without it!

Cons

There are some features we don't use (like quotes) I wish could just be turned off and removed from the interface. I also wish there was more specific customizing of some of the forms and invoices (again for simplicity).

HEATHER from HEATHERJAMES.com.au

ProWorkflow is a MUST HAVE for any businesses managing multiple, people, tasks and projects.

Saves time, reduces unnecessary calls, keeps everything organised and reduces stress and helps manage project budgets and time on projects.

Pros

I have returned yet again to use PWF as I have started designing. The features have improved tremendously, certainly more user-friendly, great project templates to apply to make it easier to set up which I love! You can even make your own Project templates, which is a bonus. I came straight back to ProWorkflow because it helped me so much I am now a returning customer and a happy one at that!

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that one important social media link field is missing in the contacts section, which I have put a request in for with IT.

Response from ProActive Software

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the awesome feedback Heather! We're glad you love ProWorkflow!

Stefanie from Pace Creative Group Ltd.

Great PM Tool for small to medium size companies

We have been using PWF since we started the company 5 years ago and we are big fans of it. When talking to industry leaders, the tool is not known at all. Having said that our team members old and new like it. We have only recently started to work on creating reports which has given us lots of insights on how we run our business, which clients we should focus on, each team member productivity level, ect.

Pros

It's easy to train people on how to use it. It's cost effective. The customer support has been consistently good... keep it up! :)

Cons

The interface, UI/UX should be improved. New features should be implemented each year to grow the software over time. one thing it would be nice to have a ticket system with tech and it companies could use. Need to be more flexible when used by users, more like boot camp

Suzanne from Yellow 6

Proworkflow for design

The ability to task and track and invoice are fantastic, this really has changed the way we work for the better.

Pros

WE use PWF everyday for tasking and keeping track of hours allocated and spent on projects. We also use it for invoicing+ quoting. Its a great programme for keeping track of everything and the apps are great.

Cons

The idiosyncratic tendancies that the apps have - the Weekly workloader for example, its difficult to see at a glance the project title as the client name is first. We have several projects with the same name. The hours allocated to a task are also not noted on this app. The ability to drag a task from one day to the next would be great too. I find that custom reports are very hard to create too...

Victoria from RBA Architects + Conservation

Review from a Studio Manager

Great customer service and quick to answer our calls. We understand that you're still going through some teething problems so we'll stick with Pro Work Flow for now as we've been informed that changes are coming. Would still recommend this software.

Pros

This software has helped us a lot as we came from excel spreadsheets. The reports capability is fantastic. The timesheet is easy to use. The customer support is also great.

Cons

The templates for invoicing is quite basic and can look a little unprofessional. Not having filters in reports that calculate the number of hours per staff member. Not enough report templates. It would be good if there were more ready-made templates. The syncing process with myob works but isn't the easiest.

ProWorkFlow for an Engineering Firm

Keeping track of project budgets, invoices and assingments is way easier that what we have seen in other programs.

Pros

Timesheets are great giving the time of day, assigned projects and notes for documentation. Projects section is good with the budget, staff assignments and notes sections. Invoices are easy to create.

Cons

There should be an option to mark time as billed and a summary for all unbilled time by the project with the estimated billing amount for tracking. Our projects are completed over the course of a year with bi weekly billings but finding out what was and was not billed is a pain. Quickbooks online timesheets has this built in and it seems like that should be a simple add on to PWF.

ProWorkflo is a good value

Early on, PWF was ideal for our production system and really advanced our internal efficiency. But as we grew and our projects became more complex and diverse, PWF had a hard time keeping up. The templates - for what we are doing - became very unwieldy, and the dashboard feature really did not have the capacity to give us the snapshots of our many projects that we needed. I truly like PWF, but it may be that we simply outgrew it. New features to answer our concerns - storage, dashboard, snapshots especially, along with the ability to streamline templates, could easily bring us back to the fold.

Pros

Flexibility of template creation, internal team communication.

Cons

Will not connect with our NAS. Connection through Dropbox is awkward. Does not have nearly enough storage on its own servers for our purposes.

Mark from Intershine Graphics, Inc.

Production Life Saver

I have been using Pro Work Flow for the last 4 years and couldn't survive without it. Easy to use, easy to teach other staff how to use, and customer service is available as needed. I'd recommend it to any company or business that needs to keep tasks and projects organized.

Pros

Cons

I don't really have anything that I'm not happy with. If I had to pick something...I wish there were more seasonal and/or holiday backgrounds to choose from.

ESME' from Saturday Brand Communications

Back of the house user

The goal is ROI reporting. After entering quotes, freelance hours, employee hours, invoices, expenses, we are hoping to receive financial and burn ROI information although uncertain of PWF's abilities to pick up all aspects in a concise complete report.

Pros

Definitely a great cost for the money. Linking capabilities among the various tabs (tasks, file attachments, calendar, quotes) is somewhat seamless. The multiple options of time keeping is a plus.

Cons

Reporting is lacking. Various report drop options is lacking and not clear. Lacks pliability. Invoicing is also lacking with the QuickBooks external quotient not adjustable which makes it unusable. The creator hasn't had to create 50 manual invoices because the unnecessary key strokes, date input inflexibility, cursor flow inept, lack of default movement is frustrating, time consuming and leads to errors.

Jennifer from Cross Country Healthcare

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Pro Work Flow Review

PWF has been invaluable to our team but workflow organization, project management and ultimately file saving and sharing. Having our job numbers automatically created in sequence with our customized pre-fixes has been extremely helpful.

Pros

Pro Work Flow is very easy to use. Very little admin time is needed to train new users. It's been very reliable and only has ever had very minor issues in the past. The customer service has been excellent, even with the time difference.

Cons

There's really not much I don't like about Pro Work Flow. The one thing that can be improved is it's reporting functions, especially on the MAC operating system. It's very user friendly to get what you need from it.

Leora from Sundal International Ltd

ProWorkflow assists us in managing our workflow

On of the big issues we have been able to solve is the communication between clients, staff, and supervisors. All the communication is stored in one place and in sequential order. This stops a lot of searching for emails.

Pros

I like the integration of what the clients see, the staff see, and what I see. The overview of what work is active, what work is waiting for information and what each client has in process. I also like the ability to track and record the time tasks take. It's very useful for forward planning.

Cons

I wish there wasn't a file size restriction for uploading to ProWorkflow. A lot of our client files are larger than the limit and we have to find a work-around.

Scheduling Simplified

Overall Proworkflow is a great out of the box solution. There are some workarounds we need to implement to make it work for us but it's a key part of our business processes running smoothly. Definitely would recommend to others!

Pros

This allows us to see our jobs and assigned employees at a glance. Our whole team uses it as the main tool for scheduling the work for the week, checking off tasks and keeping our customer service on point.

Cons

Reporting isn't the best. Would like to be able to see hours scheduled per person on any given day more easily (right now I have to manually calculate it because the reporting isn't accurate). This makes doing our production schedule take MUCH longer.

Olivier from Flexcourt Canada

Proworkflow, easy and all editable items.

In general, I would say everything about ProworkFlow is great. It is cheap compared to others but ive tried 15 project management software and I would say this one is the best and easier to work with. Had no issue to learn it. Went pretty fast for me to master the software. Great customer service has they provide good feedback and Skype or Zoom support!

Pros

- Easy to use interface - Fast learning - Able to manage pretty mutch every aspect of your company - Everything is editable - Custom Task - Custom project templates - User management - Contact management - Easy editing and modifications for project - Organising timeline and workflow with team - Admin panel is great for access to everything - Great support!

Cons

- Ugly looking interface ( They are working on making it look better ) - Apps ( not all of them are currently working ) - No IOS or Android App ( still have a section for toutch screen edition ) - Can't create a customer without having a company. - Have a better notification system.

David from Element Consultants Ltd

Why Proworkflow has improved our business

It allowed us to organise a complex flow of projects and allows us to get on with our business.

Pros

It organises us and reduces stress! The software is written in a way that was easy for us to adapt to and is very well thought through. I used to run an IT dept and users were always asking for mods which made software expensive, slow to develop and cumbersome and full of bugs. With PWF we decided to adapt our way of working to the software first and we love it and don't need any mods. The integration with Xero is great too.

Cons

Can't think of anything at the moment although possibly some reports could be more user-friendly.

Karen from Crash Brokers Ltd

It's Got Everything!

Pros

It's got all the functionality we need! Min Lee is great, answers all our questions and fast. For anyone that wants to manage multiple projects, ProWorkflow is definitely a multi-functional tool. We love how transparent it is and has a great reporting functionality. I'm currently training a new staff on it and it's so easy to learn It's fantastic, we love it, our clients love it and we couldn't be happier. We are ProWorkflow's biggest fan!

Cons

Not all the reporting capabilities for part of our industry. So we needed something to be made! This isn't even a criticism but adapted very well!

Response from ProActive Software

Replied August 2017

Thanks heaps Karen!

Wendi from Double U Marketing & Communications

ProWorkflow Rocks

I have been extremely happy with ProWorkflow. Our project management had gotten out of hand with the company growing so quickly. This software allows us to keep a handle on all projects and each task within those projects. The support I've received from the ProWorkflow staff has been amazing!

Pros

This software helped us streamline our work process. We have several people working on dozens of projects all the time. ProWorkflow helps us meet deadlines, look ahead for planning, and keep everyone on task so all deadlines are meet despite heavy workloads.

Cons

I would like to be able to add a status column to the main project page. Many of our projects get put on hold, or we are waiting for the client. It would be nice to be able to quickly change the status of a project so my employees know what's happening with one glance.

Fran from Michael Courtney Design, Inc.

ProWorkflow Review

Our experience has been great. The customer service is always prompt and helpful. If they can't answer a question right away, they will get back to you in a timely manner. It's helped us keep track of our projects in a much more efficient way.

Pros

We have been using ProWorkflow for several years now and have had a great experience. It is easy for us to track where we are in a project for both time and budget wise. It's a great central location for everyone to keep notes and contact information.

Cons

We wish it was easier to track some of the pre-project start up information. Or a way to track marketing calls to potential and old clients.

Project Management for Video production

ProWorkflow enables us to track our projects from where ever we are in the world. Enabling us to appear super organised to our clients - letting them trust that their projects are in safe hands.

Pros

ProWorkFlow allows our diverse video production projects to retain a calm organised structure and enable our small team to deliver complex productions on time and on budget. Starting with the quotation module it allows us to develop a production from initial contact through to delivered films.

Cons

The software can't read minds - it can only keep record on the information we give it. The more we give it the more it gives back.

John from GSK

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

An omnipresent project manager.

Pros

The application helps you save a lot of time and allocate more tasks with ease. The responsive customer service and support team is another advantage. Application is an apt option to meet the requirements of marketing teams and IT consultancies. Resource management and expense tracking features are very effective. The application is user-friendly and offers a variety of templates for your projects. They keep updating features on a regular basis. Helps you generate standard reports and schedule time sheets and widgets. Before your project even starts, you can estimate the time taken for each task. The platform is scalable, and they have personalized pricing plans for professionals, advanced and solo.

Cons

Better reporting features specifically for custom reports. Improve the functionalities of financial reports. Visibility features requires improvement. When you deal with large number of tasks, the interface takes time. Absence of a secure client information database. Searchability feature needs improvement, while you search for previous tasks it takes a lot of time to retrieve the same.

Ryan from Ryno Resumes LLC

Excellent Workflow system

The system allowed me to keep track of our clients documents and keep timeframes so I know where we are with each of our clients to make sure we follow and stick to our deadlines.

Pros

The software is so easy to use and integrates to my Gmail account easily so that when me and my resume writer share documents back n forth between it alerts each of us to check the system. I would definitely recommend this system for any small or large business. If you need to track where you're in the process with clients this system really does the job well.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints. The system is amazing!

Isaac from Gannett

ProWorkflow does it all.

Thanks to it's tracking, reporting and project management features, we estimate it saves each person up to 15 minutes per day. Multiply that by a large user base over the duration of the year and you've got yourself some pretty significant ROI.

Pros

The ability to customize for my team's very specific functions is the best part of ProWorflow. We have different divisions and teams serving varied company needs, all with their own unique workflow needs. ProWorkflow solved for them all.

Cons

It has so many options it would be great if you could turn those off you don't need (like invoice and billing, for instance).

October 2015

October 2015

Good software - some UI and performance issues

ProWorkFlow definitely makes my job as a project manager easier. Long gone are the days of cover sheets on proofs, copy or mockups. There's no question that the functionality of the program will likely improve how you do business but the program could have more customization and a few layout/navigation changes. One example is trying to access the Project Archive. It seems that a dropdown menu for the Projects tab would be faster and more effective to access the submenu for Project Archives. Instead, you must wait for the project screen to load before being able to get to the Archive. The site is often slow or hangs, requiring refreshing of pages, interrupting workflow. All in all I am glad this is the software we use and look forward to further improvements.

Pros

Support is responsive to wish-list items Makes my life easier. Intuitive interface. Many functions (on desktop) are quick and easy (changing dates, editing task titles, changing project task heirarchy)

Cons

Relies on hovering - doesn't work on mobile devices (some functions are only accessible by hovering Often slow to load pages No easy way to switch right back to your user if you've switched to a Team or Individual user The orange is ugly. No daily summary of total hours of tasks assigned to a user. This may be a deal breaker for some.

Shah from Pitch Box

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Packed with features IF you need them

ProWorkFlow is a great platform for anyone seeking a project tracking platform that integrates multiple parts of your sales and service delivery processes. On the upside, there is very little it can't do in terms of keeping track of sales, invoicing, tasks, deadlines and team communication; they've basically thought of everything. A solid solution for architects and consulting services (legal) that deliver time-based invoices over long project timelines. On the downside, the interface isn't as clean and pretty as others; a little like an excel spreadsheet surrounded by widgets. If you already have solutions you're happy with for invoicing (Xero/Paypal), communication (Slack) and data (GDrive/Dropbox) you will find yourself doubling up a lot and/or having to change the way you work in order to use just one platform.

Pros

Comprehensive features. Ability to set up complex templates for workflows.

Cons

The interface isn't as clean or graphic as I would like. I also don't like having to pay for features I don't use which made it expensive for me on a per user basis.

Selena from 3 Martini Lunch

ProWorkflow Review

I'm not solving any real problems, this works just as good as my previous project management software. Honestly, I'd prob stop using it all together if it wasn't for all my projects being archived here for the last 3 years & it's a pain (speaking from experience) to transfer to something that works better for my needs.

Pros

The ease of entering projects and assigning to employees.

Cons

Inability to easily search for old project – the name or job number has to be exact, otherwise you're just scrolling through hundreds of files. I also don't like the ability to duplicate jobs if there's a duplicate order.