All QuickBooks Time Reviews

Loura

Accounting, 51 - 200 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

Quickbooks Time is Very Easy!

Timothy

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Not perfect, but perfect for my small business

It’s easy to use, you can add it to your mobile phone so every employees has access to the time clock and calendar and whatever features you give them access to. Very user friendly

PROS

Easy to use, from scheduling to the time clock and keeping track of your employees it’s all in one program.

CONS

That you have to pay per user, I prefer a package deal so I don’t always have to go in and edit my active users. Paying a different price every time I hire or lose an employee can get irritating but Qb keeps track of it so it’s not as bad as it could be.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Time

Accountant recommendation and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

My accountant recommended it because she’s been using QB for years and it’s easy to get used to it.

Jessica

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

An effective tool for time tracking that improves productivity

We can keep tabs on how much time is spent on each project thanks to its many useful features. Our team members are now more time-efficient as a result of this. With the data gleaned through analytics and reports, you can make educated choices about how to maximize efficiency and cut down on downtime.

PROS

QuickBooks Time was the perfect solution since it gave us visibility into how much time and effort was spent on each assignment. It keeps everyone on the team on schedule and gives them data they can use to make decisions about the project. Past project QuickBooks Time reports have helped us plan ahead and deliver on management's goals.

CONS

It's a lot to take in at first, but things settle down to a reasonable level after a while. The mobile app doesn't look as robust as the desktop version, suggesting it could use an update. There is nothing else about QuickBooks Time that I dislike.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

Easy to navigate and utilize. Helps me organize my schedule with ease. The software has worked flawlessly for me. In my opinion, the simplicity of its operation is a major selling point. It's a handy tool for monitoring payroll and timesheets. Supports our accounting and payroll processes.

Kelly

Accounting firm employee management

PROS

definately easy to use and critical in ensuring time spent on client work is recorded correctly.

CONS

a little disconnected and a couple of challengers to get around but once you have worked out the kinks, then it is great to use.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Time

streamline software used within the firm.

Michelle

Accounting, 1 employee

This app is garbage

I will not buy this again. They are doing many changes with this product and it does not integrate correctly with QBO.

PROS

I did not enjoy anything about this app because it was more work than it was pleasure, too many things to fix and the IT help is useless. They are constantly changing everything and nothing works properly.

faith

Farming, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

let's get down to business with QuickBooks Time.Track better with this amazing software.

Excellent tracking and streamlining your work.A very satisfying performance and this software is very easy to use.I can comfortably recommend it to everyone.

PROS

I can comfortably access it any time any where and my data is always safe.Have been using it to track my cash flows and let me tell you, this software is amazing.We can even send invoices.

CONS

No cons everything is going as expected.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

QuickBooks Time is most affordable and secure compared to its competitors.

Mike

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

We love Our QuickBooks

We have use QuickBooks for two different business and love it. we us it for over 10 years now and is the only product we wild use.

PROS

It is fast and easy to use. we use our QuickBooks everyday.

CONS

The least we like about QuickBooks is nothing for us it does everything we like it to do.

Darla

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

QuickBooks Time

We transitioned to QuickBooks Time from their previous time tracking and it took a while to get used to it. Overall it works well and makes payroll function much simpler and efficient.

PROS

Keeps track of all employees on the clock. Ability to clock in/out on mobile device or desktop. Track all time off for various reasons which can be customized to your needs.

CONS

For exempt employees who are paid for the current period, the period gets locked when payroll is run, preventing them from clocking in/out until that pay period is over, unless the admin running payroll un-approves the time and unlocks it every time.

Liezel Jane

Accounting, 11-50 employees

QB Times reviewa

No time is wasted and able to use whenever I go

PROS

User-friendly interface that allows every user to easily understand the software.

CONS

Overall features are excellent, things that need to improve are their customer support.

Oluwaseun

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2024

A tool that helps your accounting books

prompt with all my accounting dealing and tracking purpose, i have enjoyed it so much

PROS

The fact that u can use it on all platforms and devices

CONS

I don't really have any negative, feedback, it's working for me so far

Lynsey

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Love quickbooks time

It's been great so far. Easy to use for employees.

PROS

The location tracking to be able to know when someone left and i can change their time off of that.

CONS

Sometimes it randomly clocks people out.

Jessica

Reviewed August 2019

Awesome. Customer service has been always great and accessible. The follow-up and follow-through is amazing and makes me feel valued as a consumer.

PROS

Ease of Use is definitely on the top of my list. To be able to seamlessly transition between clients and projects without stopping my timer and opening up window upon window or tab upon tab makes life easier. Reporting is also easy and allows me to identify how much time I've spent on a client and/or project, what's billable, and how staff spent their time. It also allows my company to be in compliance with overtime based on company settings and breaks by just having a separate button for that. Love it.

CONS

I don't currently like that if a client has a subclient/project/job (whatever you call it), you have to track your time at the subclient level and are no longer able to track at the client level. Timekeeping should be flexible enough to allow for both.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Time

Abacus and Cloud Servers...not sure about that.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

LiquidPlanner was supposed to help with project management but it made the process, reporting, and timekeeping very cumbersome and more time-consuming. Plus, Tsheets now integrates with QBO which we use regularly. Just need the QBO integration with projects to be released officially.

Lingraj

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Quick & Easy to use platform or multiple aspects

my overall experience with Quickbooks is fabulous as it served as my assistant in record keeping and accountability, It was quick and easy to operate and extract required data whenever necessary through drag and drop features.

PROS

Its books and ledger segregation feature is unique as compared to similar platforms like Zohobooks and Freshbooks

CONS

A few of the processes like adding a new asset type take time to add to the primary library.Beneficiary account details are sometimes difficult to track as the sorting feature is not available.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Time

Freshbooks had faulty errors many times and the customer support was worse, it would take 48hrs and more to resolve an issue and to get the work done.Eventually, the platform was getting frozen upon uploading bulk data like employee records, asset details, and other attachments.Quickbooks was referred to us by our client and partners.While it's been 3 years of using QuickBooks and there have been no technical issues that required me to reach out to the support services.

Shahmir

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2023

An excellent tool for scheduling and tracking

Tracking of hours should be more clear, rest all is fine.

PROS

Being a senior researcher, I have to keep a track of my projects and their deadlines. QuickBooks provides me with all the details and services I am looking for. Moreover, their Customer service is excellent. I strongly recommend all the people involved in scheduling, monitoring and payroll management to try this platform. Surely, you wont be disappointed.

CONS

Monthly Subscriptions. There should be an option of lifetime subscription.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Time

Quickbooks time is more user friendly and easy to learn. Also, tracking in this software is more easy as compared to other related softwares.

Bethany

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Great Time Tracking Application

We would use this application if it was included in our QuickBooks online subscription, however, the cost was just not working for our small business on top of all the other items we have as overhead.

PROS

Very easy to set up employees and projects in QuickBooks Time. It was also ideal for Project Management Budgeting for Time expenses.

CONS

Setting up vacation accrual was a nightmare. It never did work correctly for us. It was a bit of a process to get projects to sync with our existing customers in QuickBooks online.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Time

We use QuickBooks online so we assumed it would be a simple process to reduce some of our administrative tasks.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

The price was too expensive to keep using BuilderTrend. They also did not sync our timecards correctly which became a daunting task for our admin team.

clelland

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

These ratings I've read are a joke

Someone must be married to the owner of Quickbooks or slid a bunch of cash to them to get promoted by quickbooks the way they do... Thats some serious business love QB gave TSheets. And Honestly, it's made TSheets lame compared to many other competitors with great models.

PROS

Basic Simplistic easy to understand Probably the BEST customer support I've come across. As much as I complain... they've got seriously good customer support.

CONS

Not all jobs are customer based... So, this software is limited right off the bat from any complexity.. you'll have to work around and make it work and fit your needs time sheet editing - It is aweful to just see time worked... maybe when review timesheets... you want to see what was scheduled... late clockins, incomplete shifts, skipped lunch breaks... kinda big deal NO HR DATA- As I said, nothing to track employee issues. Your poor employee performance won't have much info here for you to keep track of. Not an easy way to break a shift because your employee was too lazy to c/in and out No auto stop for shifts- one employee had 4 days until the shift stopped recording time... I wanted to see how long it would keep creating shifts.. 180 hrs and it finally stopped (and I think I accidently closed the shift) Time sheet closure... Broken... not smooth... so many other time sheet companies do this better. No Employee shift exchange mechanism No- Shifts by job not by customer No- Shifts by location or job site Employee reports and to do list ADD - ONS... those are silly. Have the functionality or don't. Add-ons seem like it'll be a charging mechanism... like QB does... so... You can see the coming of "SUBSCRIPTION" based things ... and get nickel and dimed later. Just like QB.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Time

Simple for a company that needs to learn basics. But I'm disappointed that its not a polished software program it could be And ADD - ONS... those are silly. Have the functionality or don't. Add-ons seem like it'll be a charging mechanism... like QB does... so... You can see the coming of "SUBSCRIPTION" based things ... and get nickel and dimed later. Just like QB.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

Time Rounding to the nearest 15 min And Considering going back. Because TSHeets needs to step up its game. Too bad most reviewers don't know what is out there.

Misty

Reviewed August 2022

QB's time (formerly T-sheets)

Overall it was pleasant and I still recommedn the software to my clients that just need to track their staffs time and are in QB's online.

PROS

I used to love their customer support when they where T-sheets, they had the frindliest staff. Now it's like any other QB's product and customer service, it lacks that personal touch. I used this for time tracking but I needed software where I could easily compare my employee's timesheets to what projects they billed out for the week to make sure they weren't missing time. It's not the most intuitive time tracking software but it was great for tracking my emlpoyees time.

CONS

It was hard adding holidays across the board, it would have been nice to be able to pick days my company was closed and apply it across the board to the entire staff. Also, I couldn't easily see what my staff billed versus how much time they worked so I ulitimately ended up choosing another software.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Time

I ened up leaving QB's time for Timesheets and I love them, back to that personal touch customer service!

Reviewed January 2022

definitely not Simple and accurate as advertised

I really took a leap of faith on this product because of what my businesses associates warned me about. I think that quickbooks Time is just not for certain businesses. Especially for smaller businesses with budget conscious projects that have to check time management to ensure I don't go over the payroll allotment for specific projects.

PROS

I was really excited about all of the features this product had to offer. I mean so MANY features but I was very intrigued by the possibility of me being able to utilize this as my one stop shop for scheduling/time tracking/PTO, sick leave management/project time. This seemed like a way I could closely monitor productivity to better stay in budget for projects. I was very thankful for the incredible customer service QuickBooks provided, I was able to come to the realization that this product probably was the best for the company with their truthful, honest assistance.

CONS

I really dislike the amount of redundant features advertised as individual separate features. It was frustrating to say the least. There also were quite a bit of times that I had problems with scheduling and features that work in real time. I know QuickBooks Time is advertised as being "simple and accurate" but it was far from that.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Time

I had used other QuickBooks software in the past and had a wonderful experience.

kim