QuickBooks Time

QuickBooks Time Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I really like that I can use it on my laptop or phone and switch between the two, plus the job-costing feature is fantastic."
  • icon"This integrates great with TSheets it allows you to work through all the time cards with ease and get people paid on time."
  • icon"This is the easiest program, it makes your job so easy and the customer service is outstanding. You can call anytime and they will walk you through anything you want to do."
  • icon"That being said, it is more of a personal annoyance to me than a hindrance and I would not let this be a game stopper for anyone."
  • icon"I really dislike the amount of redundant features advertised as individual separate features. It was frustrating to say the least."
  • icon"Some features can be added, e.g. California meal violation premium pay and Meal waiver (so there is no premium pay)."

Browse all QuickBooks Time Reviews

• Have you used QuickBooks Time and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 5,840 reviews

Chad

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

EASY

Mohammad

November 2022

Tsheets is the greatest invention

All along, it was excellent and productive. However, due to the significant expense we paid, we decided against continuing it. I rate it with five stars. My firm benefits greatly from their customer service, employee GPS tracking, mobile time input, and ease of use for both employees and admin personnel.

Pros

Every time we had a problem or wished to have anything tailored for our business, the Tsheets team was able to adapt it, generally within a day. fantastic client service With the Tsheets system, hourly monitoring is quite simple, and you can easily find out where the staff members were during the day and when they last signed in.

Cons

Never before have I encountered such a simple system! Really, I'm speechless. Each time I phoned and spoke to a different person, I must have done so about half a dozen times in all, and every single one of them was extremely knowledgeable and helpful! My major disappointment is that I would rather email a single contact than pick up the phone. The fact that their amazing crew takes care of us in any case makes that a tiny price to pay.

Hugo

QuickBooks Times by Hugo Orlando

QuickBooks time is an easy and efficient way to track and do everything that you need to be done and with the timing sheets and make sure everything's on you know basically finished and everything's precisely you have never had a problem with that I have actually to have good prices they're really good and their customer service is great people should try this

Pros

Basically what I like the most about QuickBooks time is that they are precise there's nothing that I need to fix or try to intend to make it better or not it just comes out the way it's supposed to be it's awesome I don't have to deal with any problems I could call customer service at any time and be able to get my get anything fixed that it needs to be fixed so I give them a big thumbs up you should try it out

Cons

I'm sorry the only thing I can say is good things about QuickBooks time there's really nothing bad that's with it so that's my thing and there's nothing really bad enough the way it is

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Time

It had a better resolution for me a better outcome I didn't have to worry that much about putting too much information in there they got it really quick it was really fast and PayPal comments platform it just is really difficult it has too many different things and I just needed something quick and fast so that's why I QuickBooks time is the best

Kara

October 2022

Extremely Disappointed

The experience with QB Time has been so disheartening. I was really hoping the largest hurdle with this software was ensuring the team did not have to do double work between our event/ inventory software where we schedule our labor and the actual time tracking of those setting up and breaking down. It has so many tools that would be great to use IF you can actually get to a point where the software is set up and you know how to use it. I have called countless times and spoken with the customer service team who can only assist "so much" and have also circled back to the sales team only to have voicemails and emails left unanswered. This has been such a disappointing experience resulting in my team watching you tube videos as a last ditch effort to learn the software BEFORE we cancel it altogether and find another software that actually has their world together enough to accommodate the paying customer.

Pros

This software offers so many benefits- - Connects with our inventory software which outlines each job/ event- Offers online clock in and out - Offers real time updates - Provides reporting for labor used during that pay period so labor coordinator can approve payroll quickly - Integrates with Quickbooks Online for easy processing of payroll - Allows for perimeters to be set when clocking in and out along with GPS tracking - Auto clock out when physically outside of the area of the job

Cons

No integration - meaning after you sign up, you are left to figure out how to set up the software and then work with customer service team on any questions. There is no middle set to ensure you know how to use the software, let alone ensure you have it set up correctly.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Time

It's ability to integrate with Quickbooks Online and the available features. Nothing we looked at actually integrated with our inventory software however QB Time was the closest we could get to the list of the wants for a timesheet tracking software.

Misty

August 2022

QB's time (formerly T-sheets)

Overall it was pleasant and I still recommedn the software to my clients that just need to track their staffs time and are in QB's online.

Pros

I used to love their customer support when they where T-sheets, they had the frindliest staff. Now it's like any other QB's product and customer service, it lacks that personal touch. I used this for time tracking but I needed software where I could easily compare my employee's timesheets to what projects they billed out for the week to make sure they weren't missing time. It's not the most intuitive time tracking software but it was great for tracking my emlpoyees time.

Cons

It was hard adding holidays across the board, it would have been nice to be able to pick days my company was closed and apply it across the board to the entire staff. Also, I couldn't easily see what my staff billed versus how much time they worked so I ulitimately ended up choosing another software.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Time

I ened up leaving QB's time for Timesheets and I love them, back to that personal touch customer service!

Allison

Industry: Ranching

November 2022

Clean, clear, plenty of room available to write out what was done that day. Extremely user friendly.

Super positive, I would highly recommend to anyone that needs a clean, user friendly software.

Pros

I really liked that the time clock worked even when there was minimal cell service/ no wifi. I also appreciated that there was a lot of space available to have everyone write out what they did for the day. Being on a large ranch, as a supervisor you may not always see the little things that people accomplish, or have issues with. They were able to write those each day.

Cons

I didn't find anything to be an issue when using the software. The only action that required my undivided attention was when I was editing someone else's time - I would sometimes forget to change it to their name (instead of mine).

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Time

No wifi needed/ no cell service needed, price, customization.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

Too many human errors and it took a long time.

Samantha

November 2022

User friendly & good for the money

Pros

Everything integrated very well. I could run time card reports, FTE reports, payroll reports and more. I was able to have everything on one software which allowed easier and quicker use of my time. I didn't have to transfer time from one system over to another, which saved tons of time and left little room for errors.

Cons

Online punch system was very easy for first time users. However, employees that have ever had a Quickbooks or Intuit account (used intuit for doing their taxes, for example) could not access it if they did not remember their password nor could retrieve it due to having old communication information. This made it to where I had to have the employees set up a different email address and put that in the system to use so they could use the online time tracking system.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Time

The price and overall features were so much better. I could do everything I needed with one system.

Erica

Industry: Textiles

Quickbooks Easy Guide.

I love it very easy to you and the live help is always a plus.

Pros

The price is the best you get a lot and options to adjust to your needs.

Cons

I would like to be able to add to estimates at the same time I have yet to be able to accomplish this.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Time

The price at the moment I am locked in a special rate right now.

Great tool

Great app, it was a tool I kept handy at all times, I will try to talk our company to buy this software again.

Pros

I love how easy it is to keep track of whos online and who's late and stuff like that.

Cons

I liked everything, sadly our company decided to purchase paylocity app and we no longer use quickbooks time, however, I loved everything from quickbooks, I actually miss some of their features.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Time

We actually stopped using quickbooks to use paylocity, however, I would rather use quickbooks.

tshilidzi

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

November 2022

Great online time management application

It is really hard to keep track of finances, invoices and time but this software really made it easy for me.

Pros

I really like how I can manage my time online as well as my finances, this software makes it so much easier to manage a time and scheduling.

Cons

The fact that they started integrating more features made the software to start getting many glitches.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

simply because it got really expensive after the integration

Dennis

QuickBooks review

Pros

Great software for small businesses and for accounting

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about it.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

Prefer it everything about QuickBooks better.

Victor

September 2022

2022 QuickBooks Best Review

Pros

You can manage your team's time and schedules using QuickBooks Time without a physical time clock or laborious spreadsheets. It can be found in QuickBooks Online and effortlessly works with QuickBooks Payroll and other well-known payroll programs. For firms with employees who need to travel to a job site as well as remote teams, QuickBooks Time is a great fit. In contrast to other time tracking tools, QuickBooks Time offers all the tools you need for light project management as well as task and project costing. Since QuickBooks Time and QuickBooks Online are integrated, data entry for billing and payroll is almost removed. Managing paid time off is one of its fundamental HR aspects, which will lessen the need for extra software. For your small business, QuickBooks Time is a great option because of all of these capabilities. Your employees might really like keeping track of their time if they have a variety of ways to clock in and out and nice, witty reminders when they forget.

Cons

The base-plus-subscriber charge for QuickBooks Time might be too expensive for some companies, especially if they employ a very large or very small number of people. Furthermore, other companies with straightforward time tracking requirements might find QuickBooks Time to be overly complex. However, QuickBooks Time's failure to manage employee attestation in areas where employees are required to take breaks is by far its worst flaw. Employers risk incurring significant fines if they don't give rest intervals as specified by state legislation and at the appropriate times. Employers are responsible for ensuring that rest breaks are provided and taken. Consider a different time tracking solution with an attestation toolkit if your company operates in a state that mandates employee rest periods.

Gennyfer

QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) Is a Must Have

QuickBooks TIme makes my payrolls, job costing, and reports so much more accurate, efficient, and expedient. The time I save pays for the software over and over again. Not to mention, the customer service is stellar!!! Each and every time I have had to contact a representative for any reason, they have been some of the most friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable customer service reps I have ever encountered with any company or product, ever. I cannot say enough good things about QuickBooks Time!

Pros

In the construction industry, you don't always have employees reporting to the office each day, they report directly to the job site. This makes it difficult at times, to know that they are actually reporting on time, this program eliminates any question of employee integrity regarding stolen time. It is also difficult to keep track of how much time is spent on each job, making the accuracy of job costing a problem. This software solves ALL of those issues. With GPS tracking, you can easily see that the employee was on site at the time that they clocked in. Also, rather than just being "on the clock", the software allows the employees to clock in specifically to the job that they are on and switch jobs mid-day if they go to multiple job sites, making job costing a breeze. This is so important in the construction industry!

Cons

The one and only feature I feel needs improvement is the tracking of mileage pay. It would be nice if the software could use its integrated GPS to track the number of miles between job sites in one day and translate that to a dollar amount of mileage pay due to the employee for the day. But, the amount of time the program saves me otherwise definitely off-sets the time I spend calculating mileage pay. So overall, it really is no big deal.

Stuart

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great product

Only having one add on to QBO to do Time, Mileage and Expenses tracking/submission would be great. Flexibility and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Pros

Syncing employees and vendors who are subcontractors with QuickBooks Online.

Cons

Expenses and Mileage tracking using GPS would be great (you're part way there with the GPS for employees). So what I like least is not having these fully developed. Note your link to Expensify Integration "Learn more" in the add on section refers to this page: http://help.tsheets.com/knowledgebase/articles/890430 that does not load so I have no idea how it works. Can you please advise how this works.

Support and features.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

Integration with QBO (previously a Xero user and after a year Ioathed their lack of support and their "this is the way we communicate" approach to customer service channels, i.e. look at this forum, then email and finally (after I had enough) phone. No web chats. Truly awful. Harvest was OK but I had to user zapier to sync with pipedrive and there was no sync to xero (apart from invoices which I didn't want). Didn't sync with Xero Projects. I have employees and subcontractor labour (vendors) and both can allocate time in TSheets to QBO Projects. Would be ideal if I could selectively sync the Vendors from QBO to TSheets (the work around is leaving out the First Name Last Name in QBO but this then limits the use of QBO Supplier details).

Melody

Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy to track & submit hours worked! TSheets can even be used as a schedule!

This has been a great program that our business has used to track hours worked for payroll. We have multiple offices accross several counties and it's nice to have a central place that all of the hours are entered and available for HR to do payroll. Our company has also used this program as a schedule for our support staff and it's been very helpful to able to reference who is in what office so you know who to contact when you need to speak to a specific office.

Pros

TSheets has some flexibility in how you enter in your hours worked - they can be entered manually or by clocking in and out on the website. There is also a phone app for this program, so if you're on the go then this makes it easy to still track your hours or clock in/out. In addition, when you enter hours or clock in you have the ability to choose what "job" this was for. This is especially in tracking expenses for specific projects, jobs or offices. In addition, TSheets has a Schedule function. You are able to enter a schedule for all employees using the program and can specify what "job" the time is used for on the schedule.

Cons

When I use TSheets, I open up the website and just leave the browser up sometimes for weeks at a time. The only issue I've found is that when I do that, the schedule and/or time entries do not update to the next week automatically. It has to be done manually as it will continue to show the original week until "told" to change. It does work fine if you log out though. This is a specific problem for if you leave the browser open. This isn't really a big deal - it's easy enough to either click to the next week or just log out & log back in. It just surprised me though that it didn't auto-update when the week changed.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

We used Clockspot briefly for the purpose of tracking what tasks staff were working on and how long it took to complete those tasks, and it was definitely helpful for that! However, once we had a more clear handle on what tasks we were completing and how long they took, then we no longer had need for Clockspot. We used paper time-sheets for a bit after that and then switched to TSheets more recently. This program hooks up to Quickbook, which is what we use, so that helps things work seamlessly with our current set up.

Carolyn

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Fantastic Customer Service

Tsheets has helped me speed up my payroll process (down to about 5 minutes to double check and submit payroll). We use Tsheets project reports to track progress on each job, and invoicing is simple using either Quickbooks or the project reports. Adding Unpaid Time Off to the Scheduling feature has allowed us to retire our shared company google calendar, which we were outgrowing.

Pros

Besides the speedy and thorough customer service (thank you BD1 et al), I love the fact that Tsheets integrates with Quickbooks desktop. We use the data for both payroll and invoicing, which saves us hours each week. We also just started using Tsheets for scheduling, eliminating yet another piece of software needed.

Cons

The top item on my wish list is for Tsheets to sync with google calendar quickly. Other than that, there are a few minor features I'm hoping Tsheets will add, such as the ability for a manager to approve a single shift instead of an entire day, which will be great for companies with employees that work for multiple clients.

Integration with Quickbooks

William

Great software for creating schedules and tracking time

Being able to track my employee's time, to manage payrolls in a faster way and keeping in touch with everyone's schedule are some of the benefits TSheets has given me ever since I started implementing it in my work. And not only it works to keep track of other employees but also for myself; I can track the time that I work in a certain project for a client that needs me to give a report of my time spent on each ongoing project. In general, TSheets has been an amazing tool that keeps making my life easier and free from the stress of having to do everything manually and by myself. With this software, the amount of work is decreased and I am given a helpful tool to help me go through my day without any issues regarding employees' arrival time.

Pros

I've been using TSheets since I started working in management, and it has been a great resource for my job, to the point that it has saved me hours of work that can be spent in something different. TSheets is amazing for checking times of every employee in a digital format that is displayed uniquely on the site's main page. Its GPS tool was not something I knew I needed until I tried it, and it works perfectly to match the employees' time and their locations. When it comes to money-saving, I think TSheets does an amazing job being in charge check-ins and outs, instead of us having to do everything manually, and it surely has made me save money that was being wasted by carefully analyzing my employee's work. TSheets has been a very devoted software since the start, continuously giving reports in real-time and bringing great answers to my questions every time I contact their customer support. In terms of functionality, I like that it supports diverse devices that work amazingly no matter in what type of network I'm in; it has the reliability I want to find in every software because it's important for me being able to access the softwares that I need for my work everywhere. It is a program that combines multiple tools to give amazing results tracking-wise, one of my favorite tools being the scheduling that I can do before any project starts along with the payroll option that allows me to estimate how much it's being wasted on everything, to eventually process it successfully.

Cons

TSheets can come off as pricey, especially for a small business like me. Its prices range from free to a large amount of money but in my opinion, its benefits are worth it and I'm not sure there is another software as supportive of their customers as TSheets. Another thing that could be improved a little bit more are the way the reports are made, I would like to be able to go deeper into a report instead of keeping it simple. But it's not that much of a problem.

Tad