• Pros

• "It's super fresh and flexible. Seems like the best thing since sliced bread when you start using it! My team thought it was going to be great."

• "Easy to use, incredible desktop and phone app, it's constantly updated, great tutorials and webinars. "

• "I like the ability to clearly lay out tasks and create subtasks."

• Cons

• "The software is complete as such. However, a better tutorial for new users would be useful. "

• "Great product, not particularly unique in a flooded marked of task tracking."

• "I think the ability to assign a subtask with a date could be useful. I would also like to be able to duplicate complete Projects. Small issues really."

Browse Redbooth Reviews

Matthew from Transcription for Everyone - Israel English Transcription

Industry: Writing and Editing

Redbooth, the perfect platform for organizing team projects.

We are able to communicate more easily about our projects, and keep track of which assignments are upcoming and who's working on them with you.

Pros

Redbooth is a platform that we use to keep track of our team projects. With Redbooth we are able to see who is all working on the same project and which portion is assigned to each team member. Within the platform we are able to talk among each other about the project that we're working on. Redbooth increases our workflow by allowing us to find all of our information easily and giving us the ability to correlate with each other on our projects. Additionally, Redbooth notifications can be pushed through to your email account, so you never have to miss any information or update on your projects.

Cons

Sometimes the push notifications to your email account can appear to be messy if there's a lot going on in one task. This isn't too much of an issue though, since you can just open Redbooth from your email and view all the information there, in a much more clean space.

Super Easy To Use

My experience overall has been great as I have used the product since back when it was Teambox 4

Pros

Redbooth has a great UI and continues to make updates that makes the product super easy to use.

Cons

Missing status update option as native versus a tag. Also would love to be able to assign sub task to a person and set due dates for them similar to the main task.

Reasons for Choosing Redbooth

The support, Gantt Charts, UI and ease of use made Redbooth the right product for me.

Heartache. Time Lost.

Not great. Don't like to write negative reviews, it just is what it is! Cost me a lot of time and money.

Pros

Cons

It was far too flexible. We found that tasks were being created and not added to client accounts. Spent weeks doing an audit to recover about $30,000 from clients. The clients were not happy.

Jessica from Weidenhammer

Simple task tracking software

It's been a great tool to keep client communication organized

Pros

1. The ease of adding columns to customize to different project's needs. 2. Very easy for clients to learn and use

Cons

1. lack of outside integrations 2. Task assignments: teaching clients to properly tag/notify people can be a challenge since it's not clear who or when people will get notified without knowing the software

Reasons for Choosing Redbooth

Administrator chose it for price point + flexibility

Good for Project Management

I am not completely opposed to Redbooth but I prefer to use Basecamp.

Pros

I like being able to have multiple lists on the same screen. It makes it easier to navigate and showcase the various projects in one place

Cons

I don't like that once you post a comment that after a certain amount of time, you are unable to edit the comment.

A Solid Option for Task Management

Redbooth is as strong as the amount of users who commit to it. We struggle to get everyone on board, and therefore a lot of task management still has to happen over email and text. However, on teams who have really bought into the software, Redbooth offers everything we need.

Pros

The layout of Redbooth, with horizontal columns that are flexible and moveable, has given us a really great way to organize our tasks, and schedule out a variety of time-based tasks and travel appointments. We also make use of the robust tagging and notification options within the software to manage our tasks appropriately across a 20+ member team.

Cons

A weak point of Redbooth is definitely the calendar view options. We really need the ability to view tasks on a calendar that are only under a specific tag, or viewing tasks for a single person across all workspaces. We also run into some issues with Word documents not displaying properly in the web interface, which just adds another step to download and look at a document when all you need is just to see it at a glance.

Get Ahead With Great Coordination

With Redbooth, we get our project organized and managed in the most effective way.

Pros

Firstly, it's very easy to get started with Redbooth. An easy and smooth configuration. Aside from that, it handles the project management impressively, with the guarantee to increase team performance. Wonderful templates are available for use. They have really responsive customer support also.

Cons

No major setbacks with Redbooth. Although we do encounter some minor setbacks with the way it deals with word documents.

Kirstie from Kirstie Sprowson | Consulting

Great way to track tasks around multiple projects

Really love this product. I have tried many of the top task management softwares with myself and for clients and this one comes out tops for functionality and ease of use.

Pros

Very easy to use. The Dashboard helps you stay on track with what is due when across multiple streams of information.

Cons

I would like more functionality on the cell phone app

Amy from PartnerHero

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

My opinion

Pros

This tools helps to maintain communication with the team and provides updates on the tasks

Cons

It can be complex if you are not familiar with the tool. My recommendation is to watch the videos in order to understand the tool functionality

Ruth from West Cedar Trading

Redbooth review

Overall Redbooth is a great service, just very poor customer support

Pros

The ability to share information and files with the company. The interaction available to work as a team on a product or project.

Cons

Customer Support was almost non existent. Whenever I had an issue or question it was a major undertaking to get help.

May 2016

Mario from Signaturit

May 2016

+3 years using it. Always helped, but with a pinch of frustration.

Pros

Incredibly versatile, one-man-band type of collaboration software. It ties communication tools (HD videoconference and chat) with task management (recurring tasks, subtasks, ...), project management (lightweight Gantt chart, workload view and time tracking), all native, in one package. It also features native Android and iOS native apps. These work well for keeping in touch with the team and create/update tasks. This is specially important for teams who are dispersed (different cities, different timezones, ...). While you can easily spend hundreds of dollars on different softwares for different purposes, Redbooth ties it all together in one.

Cons

They've been through a lot of changes over these 3-4 years and they don't seem to have found their core yet. The UI still looks something out of the first drafts and doesn't look polished or slick like other players in the collaboration space like Asana or Slack. The Dashboard is somewhat useless and just mimics a prettier email inbox while having the same behavior. Their premise of replacing email is a bit doubtful. Lots of potential, but doesn't seem to go anywhere.

Elizabeth from PepsiCo

Used for marketing project management - good for limited budget + quick onboarding

-project management -cost savings

Pros

-Clear accountability for users who are assigned tasks -Clear paper trail of conversation/feedback given -Easy to scale up/down for different projects + teams -Many ways to structure a team and project -Straightforward UI - easy to onboard new team members -Cost-efficient -Easy to divide projects within the platform and create different user experiences for people touching different elements of a project -Easy timeline setup based on task input

Cons

-Glitchy at times (for example, upon upgrade, the customer support chat window covered up a critical button; difficult to format notes because once you've added bullets, it's hard to go back to normal formatting; difficult to drag elements to reorder) -File storage is extremely unheplful. When you upload attachments to tasks, they are just stored as files within a master file, and it takes significant time to organize them separately. We wound up ignoring this feature altogether -Additional notification setting options for tasks would be helpful - we wound up blasting people's emails, so they started ignoring Redbooth emails altogether

Maciej from visio | architects and consultants

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Very intuitive online project management tool for high productivity team working.

High control over project related tasks. Productivity improvement. Thousand of hours saved.

Pros

Redbooth helps to organize the entire team. Task related, always on schedule. Great user-friendly interface constantly evolving. Data stored in the cloud, access from any place and device. Android and iOS supported app. Very fast and professional support. Free collaboration possible for external clients via e-mail. Integration with many popular apps and services. Chrome and gmail connection. Many reports available. Zapier and API support for multi connection and automation across different platforms.

Cons

Really hard to find any. Any functionality that is not available directly inside Redbooth may be find and implemented from different aps via API support or Zapier.

Yocheved from Global Healing Center

Does the job but can sometimes be frustrating to use

Pros

I like the ability to clearly lay out tasks and create subtasks.

Cons

The view can sometimes be unintuitive. There are multiple screens you need to check to make sure you have all the most up to date information on your tasks. There is one view that shows updates on tasks, but it will only show the tasks that have updates. There is another screen that shows all your tasks in order of due date but doesn't clearly show which ones have updates. Then there's another view that lets you see all the tasks in a workspace but it's not immediately clear which ones have been updated recently.

Brian from Jackson Sumner & Associates

Great User Interface, Intuitive with Many Features

The UI has changed a bunch over the last few months. It is now responsive and has icon placement pretty much where you'd expect to find things. The chat is helpful. Task templates make a great boilerplate for similar tasks, perhaps the checklist used to add a new user to your system. It is a bit expensive and the mobile app doesn't currently work well to remember who you are logged in as if using Google SSO.

Pros

Mobile app, alerts, responsive website.

Cons

Google SSO / Mobile App design and price

Ethan from LDJ Productions

Top Combination of Substance and Style

Pros

Redbooth help keeps our larger teams moving forward; creating a central repository of information. There are many task managers out there - and I surveyed about 20+ of them before settling with Redbooth. Redbooth offers a robust feature set, while staying simple and easy on the eyes. We found actual adoption and usability being a big stumbling block when we started to actual start to implement a company wide task tracker. We had tried Asana - but it's graphic design and complexity never allowed it to take hold. Redbooth is so quick to pick up that people actually like using it. For a single feature - I like the "Task to Email".

Brandon from Pulse Of Prophets

Redbooth is the BEST project management software I've ever used

Have been using Redbooth for about 3 years now, started with just myself and my freelance work, now it's for my small business managing about 4 people and client proofing as well as milestones and work to give out to our social media team and designers.

Pros

Cons

Wish timing integration was done a little better

Marc from ateliernovo

redbooth Feedback

Website creation with users in different time zones. Was an efficient tool to track tasks and timing.

Pros

Great flexibility to conduct complex projects with multi users. Ability to assign tasks, priorities defined by the users. Excellent tool for remote teams working on several threads while managing expectations (deliverable contents, time).

Cons

Response from Redbooth

Replied September 2018

Hi Marc, We are glad you have enjoyed using Redbooth for remote team project management. Thanks for the feedback on the better tutorials for new users, we are working on some new content specifically for new users! Cheers, Ryan

Useful Project Management Tool

Pros

Im in charge of spearheading projects for my team and each of us has specific roles and responsibilities. Although, we have our individual duties, we collaborate on projects together to fulfill the requirements. I found Redbooth to be very useful in delegating assigned tasks and overseeing what my team is doing. It keeps me up-to-date to where we are heading. I can spot the progress which also depicts the initiative and drive of our team. I want people to be enthusiastic about their work and not just do it because they have to, but also because they want to.

Cons

I prefer to use this software while Im working on my computer because it sometimes freezes when I use my phone. I wish it didnt have to do that so I can also work from my phone.

Thank goodness for red booth!!!!

Pros

I'm horrible with organization of my projects. If it wasn't for my business partner and Redbooth.. I'd 1 probably forget projects and 2 be late.

Cons

Dashboard updates are confusing sometimes. Doesn't show updates on some tasks.

Alexander from Rising Star Sports Ranch Resort

Awesome Task Management Software

I love Redbooth. It has completely transformed how my organization runs. We effectively use workspaces, tasks, and assignments to track all KPIs and current projects. The accountability and help the tool provides is great. I also love Redbooth Meetings for an easy video chat and screen share.

Pros

Ease of use and elegant design

Cons

I can't have my assistant schedule a Redbooth Meeting for me.

Mariah from BHHS

Great way to keep track of task!

keeps me organized

Pros

I get lost at times when trying to keep track of all the task i am set to do for our company. Redbooth allows you to keep track and mark off your task once completed. You can even mark them as high importance so they are at the top of your list! You can have many categories so you can keep track of your task for each department or section you are working on.

Cons

You have to check daily. I wish they would send you reminders by email on task that are upcoming or due on the day or even over due.

Courtney from BHHS Taliesyn Realty

I use Redbooth daily to keep track of projects. It has been easy to coordinate projects with my cowo

Pros

I like that I get email notifications when coworkers make notes to a task and I can reply to the email and my comment automatically gets put on the task.

Cons

You can't sort your tasks on the dashboard and you can't have the same task in multiple workspaces unless you copy the task but then the comments don't follow.

Danny from Investment Properties Mexico

Great for planing your work and team schedule

Pros

Its a great software to schedule all my work and to have tasks assigned and having all my team know what i am working on, and keep track of projects i am involved in.

Cons

I hate that it does'nt let you schedule with hours and only days, since almost all the time we have deadlines in an specific hour of the day and not the whole day, and it would be great to have alerts on specific hours instead of just daily tracking.

March 2015

Lorin from Social Fever Marketing

March 2015

Asana, but better

Switching to Redbooth distilled my typical workflow into one simple interface. Video conferencing is more intuitive and more flexible than Skype, and having the smartphone and iPad apps makes transitioning from office --> home office --> being on the go completely seamless from the collaboration side. I never feel out of the loop and can stay in touch with the rest of the team wherever I am. As far as ease of use - the interface gets an A+ for being intuitive. If you are a heavy Evernote user this interface will make sense to you. Pros: - HD video conference with chat and screen share is the best of Skype & Join.me, all inside one system - communicates with Google Calendar -toggles between multiple organizations easily - tagging feature - excellent within a large team - HD video conferencing works with users and non-users via link sharing - huge bonus - easy file sharing without email or Dropbox - reporting feature for a bird's eye view of task management - optional recording on HC video conferencing - this is great for creating training material, explaining complex projects that need review, or creating video content Cons: - Looking forward to additional HD conference features but thus far this is the best collaboration tool I've used

Rafal from architectural office

usefull tool to increase productivity

Pros

easy coordination of remote workers and very easy taracking of the work progress in a different projects

Cons

lack of possibility to customize my own workspace an adjusting location of particular parts of the dashbord to fit my own prefferences and needs

Kristin from Saathi

Love redbooth

Really like the task comments and assigning to different ppl

One of Top Project Management Platforms Out There

Pros

I used redbooth early in its development and watched it grow and add features over the years. Redbooth is probably the most complete project management tool from a communication, project, report, and visualization perspective. It makes it incredibly easy to follow a project as a manager and invite external stakeholders into the process. I've used Asana, Basecamp, and a handful of other tools, but I found that Redbooth made it the easiest.

Cons

Overall, I very much like the software and all of its features. However, the price is the biggest thing I push back on with Redbooth. It is incredibly expensive as you add more members and makes it relatively inaccessible for SMBs.

Lauren from Heritage Christian School

Great for Project/Task Management

Pros

User interface, ease of use, dashboard organization, commenting ability

Cons

It can be a bit pricey for smaller departments or organizations

Kaila from Investment Properties Mexico

great way to keep project schedules organized, still needs work

Pros

its a really useful way to keep my teams projects organized by schedule dates, with comments, assignments and reports.

Cons

missing scheduling by time and not only date. Also the ability to show you a task everyday if you scheduled it for an entire week and not only to show it on the delivery date.

Magorzata from visio architects and consultants

Industry: Architecture & Planning

I found this software really helpful for my daily planning and managing my time.

The greatest benefit is that it helps to clearly organize my day.

Pros

I found that interface is very intuitive and user friendly - it is easy to find current, finished and related tasks.

Cons

I found dashboard to be difficult for me to modificate and personalise for my own needs and requirements.

Solsiret from IntiCo Corp

Industry: Program Development

Really good

In general very good for the management of any project and its activities

Pros

Of the best platforms for project management, activities and times. Very good to get reports of hours in tasks and generate diagrams for deliveries

Cons

Only that you do not have a free option.

Madhav from Hubstaff

Easy to adopt for teams

Pros

Helps us work together on client projects and let our client know the progress on projects. Also love their integrations

Cons

Try to add more third party integrations. Make the tool a little cheaper for smaller teams. Apps can be better

Rafal from visio architects and consultants

great coordination tool

knowledge of the progress on several different projects

Pros

i like the connection with the email , and task assignment

Cons

maybe the tons of email with problem to properly show it on the screen, each time we need to download picks for each email

Sarah from Jokes4Miles

Great Project Management for Small Businesses

Pros

-I like the idea of creating project boards and having everything visually laid out. -It's really easy to see who is assigned to what task, assuming everyone has uploaded profile photos. -It's easy to see what you need to do at a glance, as well as everything that has been completed so far.

Cons

-I don't like having to scroll left/right to see all of the open tasks. If your project has a lot of tasks, you could be scrolling quite a bit. Left/right scrolling just feels off to me. -I wish the desktop application would stay open when you close it, like Slack.

Nicole from Miles Family Trust

Redbooth for Virtual Business

Love that Redbooth enables all of my virtual employees to stay connected. Love the advantage of being able to invite just the people necessary to different groups.

Pros

Love the versatility of being able to invite selected people to view particular topics

Cons

The invite process could be a little smoother rather than having to reply to an email

Sarah from BHHS Taliesyn Realty

Redbooth is an excellent, easy to use, all-inclusive project management app.

Pros

Redbooth keeps a record of all conversations, archived, and future tasks. The search bar is so easy to use and makes navigating the space simple.

Cons

Saving dates and assigning tasks to people can be tricky if you don't double check to make sure you accurately clicked on the right spot. The buttons are not very forgiving.

June 2016

Liz

June 2016

Best Solution

I did quite a bit of research on my own of different project management sites and apps, and Redbooth was the only option that had the scope of features I needed for a reasonable price. I use an Android mobile device and an Apple computer. My clients typically are on an iOS mobile device and PC computer. Redbooth features are simple and concise enough that I can quickly and efficiently navigate through, but with plenty of functionality. I am in an email-heavy industry and Redbooth will allow us to operate more efficiently with the internal messaging commenting/status features which will also reduce email volume.

Pros

Functionality and features for PC, Android and Mac/iOS platforms. Calendar sharing. Internal messaging and simplified workspaces.

Cons

Administrator settings are slightly tedious.

April 2015

Meagan from Lotus Growth

April 2015

Everything you need to work together in one place

Before finding redbooth, I used a string together toolkit of other products to collaborate with my teams: email, trello, gchat, go to meeting, and none of them worked very well. I was constantly forgetting which tool contained which document or task- and version control in email is a nightmare. So glad I found Redbooth. As a consultancy, I work with different teams on different projects. I'm able to set up custom projects for each client, assign tasks and track the progress. Redbooth has helped make my teams more productive because everyone knows who's in charge of the next action item. I also work remotely a lot of the time, so being able to stay in touch with my teams on daily video calls with the conference call feature, or ask a quick question on chat is really helpful. On top of that, it's a really slick UI, with an awesome mobile and desktop interface.

Good collaboration & employee onboarding platform

Pros

A collaboration tool that is good for dispersed teams, getting employees ramped up quickly and for storing documents. You can also integrate your Zoom technology with the platform. I like the Chrome Extension as well so I can access it quickly.

Cons

The chrome extension offers limited actions. For example, you can't set up a meeting from it so you have to go to the browser to do so. Other than that, it is easy to use.

Stan from InnerSpace Strategies Inc

Stability

Solved and helped our organization greatly, just not dependable for the long term.

Pros

Easy to use and function access platforms

Cons

hard and fast support issues not resolved, locked out of account with no recourse other than regenerating the organization from scratch, no backup.

Redbooth

Pros

Has the features that competing tools have but manages to work them out even better.

Cons

Has free trial which is great, but can be expensive for full program making it a bit difficult to get ones hands on.

Kristen from Consulting

Industry: Computer Networking

Redbooth Review

It is a great app for planning. I really like the subtasks and how it keeps me organized.

Pros

I like that I can review work and update anywhere that I go. I can add tasks, meetings at anytime as well. It is easy to track work and stay on track.

Cons

The app on my cell phone loads a lot so sometimes depending on where I am I can't get it to work. The web version is less slow. The layout design could be better.

Task management tool that does the job

It was a very positive experience but I don't really understand how Redbooth is different from Clubhouse, Jira or Trello. I would look to use one tool so it's consistent across the organization.

Pros

Redbooth makes it easy to collaborate with others and build out repeatable processes. Our team used it to build a consistent onboarding process for new employees. It made onboarding a snap for the hiring manager and the new employee. It keeps people accountable.

Cons

No real cons but we probably didn't maximize the use of it. Redbooth should consider engaging its users more so we can see how others are using it.

David from ASCC

This product is easy to use and simple.

Pros

This product is easy to use and simple. You are able to create work spaces and reports. The workspace feature helps sort different project easily and the reports help keep thing in track.

Cons

This product is helpful in task management and sorting different projects but I personally would like to see some more features that help keep to the PMI framework.

Bhavana from Leoforce

Great organizing tool

Pros

For any company keeping track of deadlines is an important task, redbooth makes it much easier to do that. It makes everything organized and using templates is a breeze.

Cons

Free version on redbooth only gives us access to two boars, might be difficult for freelancers and people on a budget.

Project Management Can be Better

I do not care for Redbooth however my boss likes it so I have to use it. I just wish it was easier platform to learn. This learning curve is hard to negotiate without lots of help from someone who has used it a lot.

Pros

Redbooth is a well built project management application. It is good to have the ability to set up other team members with tasks and completion dates. Receiving the notifications via email is also a helpful experience.

Cons

Unfortunately, I find Redbooth hard to learn. It is a program that is not easy for someone to just pick up and proceed without any instructions. The check items also are not very clear and knowing that you closed a task caused me a lot of issues when I first began using it.

November 2010

Lulu

November 2010

Great user experience

I have been using Teambox for the last couple of months. I'm in the process of starting up a business and, with partners, employees and clients all over the world, Teambox has been an invaluable tool in keeping everybody connected, staying on top of projects and sharing knowledge, ideas and inspiration amongst the team. I've tried other project management tools but Teambox by far is the most user-friendly ? it's actually pleasant to use! The team behind Teambox is extremely supportive and approachable, they actually feel like collaborators rather than some anonymous corporate body. Teambox is revolutionising the way I manage my work, my business, as well as my personal projects. I recommend it without hesitation.

Kate from Unified Logistics

June 2015

Great solution - keeps me and my team focused and productive

Redbooth has it all - a virtual workspace for my team, task management, chat and video conferencing. Before I was using a combination of to-do lists, spreadsheets and emails to manage my work but it wasn't very effective. The dashboard and tasks help me know what high priority things I need to get to first. I can also easily track what my team is working on, so nothing falls through the cracks. My team uses the chat and video conferencing capabilities constantly. I can ping my co-workers for quick answers or hop on a video call with remote team members. It's all included in Redbooth, so it's a huge plus!

Offers a really simple way to organize tasks!

Pros

Makes files very quickly accessible, easy to sync with box, dropbox, slack, etc.

Cons

It is quite simple, there's no way to make one task contingent upon the completion of another. Would be helpful to have a feature like this.