Redbooth

Redbooth Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Redbooth has a great UI and continues to make updates that makes the product super easy to use."
  • icon"Very Easy to use and a great tool for collaboration."
  • icon"An ok tool to log tasks for development or issue solving."
  • icon"The chrome extension offers limited actions. For example, you can't set up a meeting from it so you have to go to the browser to do so."
  • icon"Maybe the tons of email with problem to properly show it on the screen, each time we need to download picks for each email."
  • icon"As we have added more projects we find it very difficult to find conversations within the application. All activity feeds and conversations are linked to a specific workspace."

Have you used Redbooth and would like to share your experience with others?

All Redbooth Reviews

May 2022

We Love to Collaborate on Redbooth

When projects are managed in a professional way, it surely creates synergy. We have achieved much by using Redbooth. It is considered the backbone of the company.

Pros

The best feature that I like about Redbooth is its ease of use. Wherever I go I have my laptop with me, I need to connect to the internet and Booom... I can have a look at all the projects and track progress. It is easy to assign people to different tasks. Urgent tasks can be easily prioritized and team members can see the tags and go after the high-priority tasks. The user interface is friendly and it is easy to learn. We have created different channels and put a lot of data on Redbooth. We're happy!!!

Cons

The task resolve/unresolve creates confusion for new users. When a task is resolved but needs some work, the assignees don't get notified. I think this should change and there should be some other way to do it.

Rola

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

O.K software

my experience was ok but i didnt look forward to submit issues as it used to take time and effort to submit one tasks and the team ended up switching to another (easier to use) system

Pros

An ok tool to log tasks for development or issue solving

Cons

The layout is not user friendly, it is hard to find a task if it wasn't submitted by you (hard to follow up on tasks submitted by other users) and the field were somehow limited

A Solid Option for Task Management

Redbooth is as strong as the amount of users who commit to it. We struggle to get everyone on board, and therefore a lot of task management still has to happen over email and text. However, on teams who have really bought into the software, Redbooth offers everything we need.

Pros

The layout of Redbooth, with horizontal columns that are flexible and moveable, has given us a really great way to organize our tasks, and schedule out a variety of time-based tasks and travel appointments. We also make use of the robust tagging and notification options within the software to manage our tasks appropriately across a 20+ member team.

Cons

A weak point of Redbooth is definitely the calendar view options. We really need the ability to view tasks on a calendar that are only under a specific tag, or viewing tasks for a single person across all workspaces. We also run into some issues with Word documents not displaying properly in the web interface, which just adds another step to download and look at a document when all you need is just to see it at a glance.

Heartache. Time Lost.

Not great. Don't like to write negative reviews, it just is what it is! Cost me a lot of time and money.

Pros

It's super fresh and flexible. Seems like the best thing since sliced bread when you start using it! My team thought it was going to be great.

Cons

It was far too flexible. We found that tasks were being created and not added to client accounts. Spent weeks doing an audit to recover about $30,000 from clients. The clients were not happy.

Reasons for switching to Redbooth

My company wanted to save money.

Robert Warren

It has almost everything but . . .

We use it for project planning and management. However, as our number of projects has grown we are finding internal communication within the platform to be increasingly problematic. We are scouting for a new solution.

Pros

We have been using this platform for almost a year and we love almost everything about it. It's super easy to set up and use. It's very intuitive.

Cons

It needs an internal chat feature that is not linked to a workspace. As we have added more projects we find it very difficult to find conversations within the application. All activity feeds and conversations are linked to a specific workspace. This requires us to sort through our workspaces to find the conversation. We have mentioned this to the Redbooth support team and their suggestion was to create a separate workspace to hold these conversations. This really isn't helpful to us and we don't want to create a Slack integration, especially after Slack's sale to Salesforce.

Solsiret

Industry: Program Development

Really good

In general very good for the management of any project and its activities

Pros

Of the best platforms for project management, activities and times. Very good to get reports of hours in tasks and generate diagrams for deliveries

Cons

Only that you do not have a free option.

Marc

redbooth Feedback

Website creation with users in different time zones. Was an efficient tool to track tasks and timing.

Pros

Great flexibility to conduct complex projects with multi users. Ability to assign tasks, priorities defined by the users. Excellent tool for remote teams working on several threads while managing expectations (deliverable contents, time).

Cons

The software is complete as such. However, a better tutorial for new users would be useful.

Response from Redbooth

Hi Marc, We are glad you have enjoyed using Redbooth for remote team project management. Thanks for the feedback on the better tutorials for new users, we are working on some new content specifically for new users! Cheers, Ryan

Replied September 2018

Courtney

I use Redbooth daily to keep track of projects. It has been easy to coordinate projects with my cowo

Pros

I like that I get email notifications when coworkers make notes to a task and I can reply to the email and my comment automatically gets put on the task.

Cons

You can't sort your tasks on the dashboard and you can't have the same task in multiple workspaces unless you copy the task but then the comments don't follow.

Rafal

usefull tool to increase productivity

Pros

easy coordination of remote workers and very easy taracking of the work progress in a different projects

Cons

lack of possibility to customize my own workspace an adjusting location of particular parts of the dashbord to fit my own prefferences and needs

Ma¿gorzata

Industry: Architecture & Planning

I found this software really helpful for my daily planning and managing my time.

The greatest benefit is that it helps to clearly organize my day.

Pros

I found that interface is very intuitive and user friendly - it is easy to find current, finished and related tasks.

Cons

I found dashboard to be difficult for me to modificate and personalise for my own needs and requirements.

Great Project Management for Small Businesses

Pros

-I like the idea of creating project boards and having everything visually laid out. -It's really easy to see who is assigned to what task, assuming everyone has uploaded profile photos. -It's easy to see what you need to do at a glance, as well as everything that has been completed so far.

Cons

-I don't like having to scroll left/right to see all of the open tasks. If your project has a lot of tasks, you could be scrolling quite a bit. Left/right scrolling just feels off to me. -I wish the desktop application would stay open when you close it, like Slack.

This product is easy to use and simple.

Pros

This product is easy to use and simple. You are able to create work spaces and reports. The workspace feature helps sort different project easily and the reports help keep thing in track.

Cons

This product is helpful in task management and sorting different projects but I personally would like to see some more features that help keep to the PMI framework.

Jessica

Simple task tracking software

It's been a great tool to keep client communication organized

Pros

1. The ease of adding columns to customize to different project's needs. 2. Very easy for clients to learn and use

Cons

1. lack of outside integrations 2. Task assignments: teaching clients to properly tag/notify people can be a challenge since it's not clear who or when people will get notified without knowing the software

Reasons for choosing Redbooth

Administrator chose it for price point + flexibility

Reasons for switching to Redbooth

It allows more visual status tracking

Offers a really simple way to organize tasks!

Pros

Makes files very quickly accessible, easy to sync with box, dropbox, slack, etc.

Cons

It is quite simple, there's no way to make one task contingent upon the completion of another. Would be helpful to have a feature like this.

Dan

Time used: Free Trial

March 2015

A great single place for your entire team and even your entire company

Our team stopped using many separate point products (Webex, Outlook, MS Project) and started to use Redbooth last year. Having all of our work, documents, and team communications in a SINGLE location has been great. We travel a lot, and having team chat and HD meetings in Redbooth means we are always connected. The product has helped us stay on task, get more done and even given us a competitive advantage.

Irfan

Industry: Graphic Design

The Best Solution for Project Management

Overall, it is a great experience to work with Redbooth. Every morning, it is the first thing that I do. I go to Redbooth to review the ongoing projects, check the progress, share feedback, and adds assignees according to project needs, and change tags. Simply put, I love this product as it makes my life a lot easier.

Pros

Smooth and easy project management is the best feature of Redbooth that I like. It helps creating projects, sharing data to initiate the process, reporting and tracking until the completion of tasks. I personally like how easy it is to add assignees, prirortising tasks, adding tags, descriptions, and getting everyone involved. In all reality, it is the best software for team collaboration and managing projects in an efficient way.

Cons

I'm very much satisfied with the performance of Redbooth but the only weak side that I have noticed is the mobile application. All the features that the desktop version offers are not accessible via phone app. A couple of times, I tried to add comments but couldn't format the text. Also, the images are not visible in the mobile version. These are just some limitations that can be improved to make it perfect and flawless.

Reasons for choosing Redbooth

A friend of mine recommended this who has already used Redbooth and other project management software. I also did some research myself and came to the conclusion that it's the best option available in the market. I'm happy that I made the right decision.

Leighton

A polished tool for small teams and individuals

I've used Redbooth both to manage my own freelance work, and small teams. Overall the experience has been excellent for my uses, and remarkably polished. I primarily use Asana now as I work more with large teams these days, but I would certainly still consider Redbooth for other situations.

Pros

Redbooth is probably the most intuitive of any project management system out there. The UI is clean, and it's unlikely you'll ever have to read the documentation. Redbooth also has an app on a surprising number of platforms--even Apple TV! If you want something that you or a small or medium-sized team can use with as little learning curve as possible, this is it.

Cons

Redbooth's simplicity comes at the cost of the kind of complexity that is more-or-less necessary for more robust project management solutions. If you want deep analytics or advanced prioritization and task management features, especially for a larger team, you may find yourself disappointed.

Free tier (at least at that time), and simpler UI