• Pros

• "It's easy to use and has an appealing interface."

• "The software is easy to use and gives a good easy to view allocation of resources. "

• "Easy to use. Clear on what everyone is doing for every given day, and when there are openings."

• Cons

• "lacking in some back end function but overall good."

• "Reporting could be more detailed, but can be overcome"

• "it suits the purpose I have for it, but it would be great if you would be able to archive non-active projects easier than handling them one by one. "

Browse Resource Guru Reviews

Myroslav from Ledcor

Simple and very easy to use resource scheduling\tracking app.

Resource Guru is a great resource scheduling application for a simple use cases. It does what it promises perfectly. The UI is very friendly and pleasant - make for a great user experience. I used it to track the tasks for my team for almost a year. I would have kept using it but the company mandated a different tracking system and I had to abandon it. I like that Resource Guru'a focus on their product and customer service. I also appreciated the slow introduction of new features. Overall, very pleasant and satisfactory experience with a great application.

Pros

- Ease of use - Very pleasant UI - Flexibility

Cons

- Lack of features. The application does the simple scheduling\tracking perfectly though. - Copy\paste of resource tasks was not available at the time

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

The balance of features, ease-of-use, UI and the price.

Isabella from N2O Ltd

Extremely handy software, easy to use, visibly appealing, great to manage and schedule.

Positive, I do enjoy managing RG for our company. My company want us to migrate and start using the schedule planned for Office 365, but I had to push back and explain that this software is up to date, already does everything we need it too and Office 365 still has a long way to go before we can use it for what we want. It's safe to stick with RG that we know how to work, we know what it does and what i can't do and it works, no need to change something that isnt broken.

Pros

I like the appearance of the software - its clear, self explanatory, easy to navigate, see the bigger picture to jiggle schedule resource about, etc. I like how easy and quickly the support team are there to assist when needed. I like how it shows you who has booked what and the daily reminders via email of what is coming up, etc.

Cons

It isn't a negative but I would like to have a scheduling log, to see at what time and date did someone book a slot onto the schedule. I manage the Creative Studio, depending how many campaigns and the urgency in hitting these deadlines, I need to keep track of the entire departments availability, knowing when i can move things around in order to deliver last min projects. Only myself should have booking access, but I currently share it with Creative Directors, so they can schedule in my absence, but I can't see when they have booked them in so i can keep track. Is this something you could implement, please? Thanks,

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

Office 365 is still a very new software that requires lots of updates and features adding to it, that yourselves already provide.

Response from Resource Guru

Replied November 2019

Hi Isabella Thanks for the great review - I'm so pleased to hear that you're enjoying Resource Guru :) I'm pleased to say that an activity log is very firmly on our roadmap, and I've made a note to contact you as soon as this is available. You can also keep up to date with new features by signing up to our Newsletter at the bottom of our homepage - https://resourceguruapp.com/ I hope this helps but please don't hesitate to reach out if there's ever anything we can do for you :) Happy scheduling! Kat

Glorified spreadsheet

Causes more problems than it solves. We used to use a spreadsheet, it was much better than this.

Pros

Nothing at all. It has no redeeming qualities.

Cons

Allows you to book time without tasks. When asked to change this was told couldn't because some companies want that function, ie it isn't an option as it should be. The drop downs are fiddle and make it easy to select a blank, but doesn't warn you. Can't toggle between scrolling list and typing to search without cl king out of area. You have a set number of hours per day you need to book but it doesn't highlight those that are short- you have to hover to see remaining time but that function doesn't work properly, resulting in multiple clicks to get it to trigger. Colour by project doesn't actually do it, I'm on 6 projects yet only see 2 colours. Can push to calendar but not pull- useless function as meetings are booked in calendar to allow invites, you want guru to pull that data in to autofill. Though it is web based it is impossible to use on a mobile. The popups are always off screen, making it impossible to use - mobile friendly websites have been around for a very long time, lazy to not have it here, particularly as would allow people who are on the road to log their time on he go. Not worth the hassle even if free.

Mark from Proagrica

Industry: Information Services

All I need

Overall the software is excellent and does everything we need it to do, we have just recently increased its use within the business and it has become the central hub for all resource info

Pros

Its easy to use and the reports I can get from it allow my whole team to see the resource status

Cons

It can sometimes be a bit fiddly when moving tasks and the accuracy required by the mouse moves

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

Web based and more easily updated and available

Marc from Sound Healhcare Communications

Kudos

As a small, but growing organization, we were having trouble measuring how our creative resources were being allocated. Resource Guru quickly solved that problem.

Pros

The software was very easy to implement and even easier to use. The reports page provides a great, visual presentation of our creative department's utilization for the week. Until we started using the software, we were unable to track enough data to inform a successful creative resource meeting. Now we have visibility into the upcoming weeks which has significantly decreased our dependence on freelance talent.

Cons

The waiting list and overtime feature can be a little confusing. The hours don't get added to resource bookings and increase the utilization percentage. It would be great if the overtime hours pushed the utilization percentage over 100% to clearly highlight over-allocated resources.

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

Using Excel and Smartsheet required too much effort and the Project Managers would not be able to effectively track changes in resource allocations.

Response from Resource Guru

Replied November 2019

Hi Marc Thanks for taking the time to share your review! I just wanted to touch base on your request for utilisation to show at more than 100%. It's not possible to book someone for more than 100% of their time - our booking clash warning system prevents this to help ensure you always meet your deadlines, and without burning out your team. But if you want to overbook resources, you can do this by adding bookings with overtime, and overtime hours will be itemised in the "Overtime" column on the Reports, so it's easy to see where your team are overstretched. I hope this helps to clarify things but please let us know if you ever have any questions - we're always very happy to help! Thanks, Kat

Jane from Target Training GmbH

Saves us so much time and energy

Friendly staff, and very quick response time.

Pros

The ease of use and availability of the schedule to all of our users - even when they are on the road has made everyone's job easier. It was quickly adopted - even by the technophobes in our company - as it was so intuitive. Gives a great 'at-a-glance' view of everything we have coming up an the reporting options are great too.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to have a 'confirmed/unconfirmed' option (or something similar but, in the meantime, we have workarounds.

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

Also looked at other apps (can't remember names) but Resource Guru was the best value for money with the most features, allowed us a free trial period and, when we bought the product, we didn't need to reenter our appointments. The help desk were very helpful during the trial period - answering any and all questions we had and have continued to be friendly and efficient.

Leticia from Brutal Pixie Pty ltd

Resource Guru has been a game-changer for us

I love Resource Guru. It's the only thing that's shifted our capacity management into a new gear. By which I mean: No more trying to manage everything from a single calendar, complete visibility over workflow and appointments, and the ability to see at a glance how much time is available on any given day.

Pros

1. It doesn't try to do anything other than what it's best for 2. Calendar sync 3. Cost-effectiveness 4. Responsiveness of the support team (including on UX suggestions! Amazing.) 5. The little guru on the dashboard. Yeah it's cosmetic but it makes me feel good every time I log in. 6. Easy to set up and use.

Cons

The only things I really dislike a cosmetic and non-fatal. They are: 1. The inability to hit a "today" button to go back to today's date, and the thin scrollbars right and left 2. The fact that I have to literally click and drag events to create instances on non-consecutive days, rather than selecting dates.

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

Everything else is not just resource specific. Resource Guru is (ref comment about it just doing ONE thing and doing it extremely well). Plus the cost. Resource Guru is incredibly cost-effective for a micro team like ours, which runs almost entirely on subcontractors.

Response from Resource Guru

Replied September 2019

Hi Leticia Thanks for the great feedback :) I hope you'll be pleased to learn that we definitely do have a "Today" button which takes you straight back to today's date. It's in the top left of the schedule, next to where you navigate between different months and years. I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you please just let us know. Happy scheduling! Kat

Megan from ADAMAS Consulting

Quality and Functionality

Guru is an amazing tool and it has made my life so much easier! I enjoy using it and the reports feature is great (I just need more time to figure out the best report for me)

Pros

Ease of use when booking projects. The ability to move projects by dragging and dropping without loosing vital information in the process. Visibility to stakeholders without compromising the details of the project. The ability to customize schedules and access to separate functions of the application.

Cons

I would like to be able to copy and past the projects from one resource to another. I would like to be able to link projects together so when I move a linked project it moves all of those that are linked. So we have a project but also travel, preperation, and reporting. If we could link all four together, this would be a great feature! Need more functionality using mobile devices, cannot change the color of a project while using mobile phone.

Response from Resource Guru

Replied February 2020

Hi Megan Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can definitely copy and paste bookings from one resource/date to another. Just use SHIFT+drag to duplicate a booking :) You can also edit the colour of your projects whilst on a mobile device. You can do this in the Projects section or view the Schedule. Please let me know if you're having difficulty with this and I'll be happy to help you with it! I also wanted to let you know that we do have plans for a dependencies feature in future. Can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news. I hope this helps! Please don't be a stranger if there's anything else we can do for you :) Thanks, Kat

Jon from Essextec

Useful too for transparency across teams

Any questions I had were answered clearly and quickly. They are very accommodating and the tool has improved over the last 6 months as well. It has helped us streamline utilization and project assignments.

Pros

I love how easy it is to see a view of availability across multiple team members at the same time. I love the ability to color coordinate projects for an easy view of some major projects across multiple team members. Also easy to allow others permission to log in and see their utilization as well.

Cons

I have to manually enter in recurring meetings. I have not mastered an easy way to automate getting our clients and projects into the tool. would be good to multi select projects as well to get them closed or cleaned up.

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

Chose Guru for the cost and ease of use and setup.

Response from Resource Guru

Replied November 2019

Hi Jon Thanks for sharing your feedback - it's great to see you've given us 5 stars! You said you would like to import projects, and I wanted to let you know you can do this quickly using our Zapier integration, as shown here: https://blog.resourceguruapp.com/importing-projects-into-resource-guru-using-zapier/ I also wanted to mention that bulk editing and non-sequential repeat booking (i.e. a booking that repeats weekly/monthly) is very firmly on our roadmap. In the meantime you can use SHIFT+drag to copy bookings :) I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you at any point, please just let us know. Thanks, Kat

Kevin from Aon

Very User Friendly Resource

Simple and straightforward to use

Pros

Excellent for team planning; many colleagues can be grouped according to location or role so as to facilitate easy sight of teams on projects as well as how the projects are scheduled throughout a given period of time

Cons

Nothing at this stage is irksome; all aspects are use friendly

Not Known

Nancy from Chepri, LLC

Resource Guru Review

Everyone has access to the schedule so each developer or designer not only knows what they're supposed to be working on, but what others are working on. We can schedule months into the future which helps us as we have projects that last months, not weeks.

Pros

It's easy to use. Everyone can see what's on the schedule or what they are supposed to be working on. I can see how long a project is in our production queue to ascertain when we'll be finished. I can schedule vacations so others know which resources are available on which date.

Cons

The times are sometimes not correct. It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long, instead of eight. It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day. It's easiest to assign a project for the whole day.

Response from Resource Guru

Replied July 2019

Hi Nancy - thanks for your review. I just wanted to question a couple of things you wrote in the Cons section. You said the times are sometimes not correct - I'd love it if you can send us an example so we can troubleshoot it for you - we are not aware of this happening to any of our customers. You also said, "It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long". I'm not sure where you see this info - it would be good to assist you further with this. By default a day is 8h long, but Normal Availability is totally customisable at a resource level - this is actually a feature we have that other products we've reviewed don't. Finally you said, "It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day". Again, this is a limitation we found in other products which is why we made it easy to create as many bookings as you liked in a day - to a very granular level eg for as little as 1 minute. Would love to hear from you .. Best, Percy

Sonia from Funnelback

Easy to use high level planning tool

Resource Guru allows our company to do long-term high level planning of resource utilisation and provide a guide lead time for sales teams.

Pros

I've been using Resource Guru since 2013 and it's constantly improving which is good to see. It's easy to use and provides decent reporting.

Cons

I'd like to see public holidays auto populated according to a country of choice and ability to limit daily bookable hours just by a number (e.g. 7.5h) without setting a rigid start / end / lunch break.

Simon from HCL

Couldn't run the team without it

Excellent. All our interactions with the team have been fast and successful. They clearly love the product and the work they do.

Pros

It's fast and intuitive and I am able to see at a glance and report on all of my team's​ assignments and accurately schedule all their time.

Cons

Reporting aspect. Stock reports are good, but would like to be able to drag them into a platform like PowerBI. Potentially via scheduled export to CSV or similar. Would also like some more customisation​ such as more leave types and an option to backup and restore information. Finally, audit tracking - who made what change.

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

Exact functionality match to requirements. Originally bought for my team​ only, but quickly expanded to the whole department.

Spencer from Aspect Consulting

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great scheduling app for teams

We have a team of 15+ individuals who all have different work/ vacation schedules, commitment levels, and weekly to daily workloads. We use ResourceGuru to organize all of this information into a simple, clean format that is easy to read and quick to update. The main component that we use every week is tracking team member's availability to take on more work (or if they're overloaded and need help). We accomplish this by using the "clients" toggle field, which we set up with levels of availability (Available, Partly Busy, Mostly Busy, and Fully Booked) with colors associated with them (green to red). That way, in one glance, we can see who needs work, and who has too much and could use some help. It's a bit of a work-around, but RG is by far the best platform we've found to accomplish this simple task.

Pros

The user interface is very intuitive and it is easy to scroll through the entire team's schedule for the week.

Cons

The cost is considerable, but if your team needs something beyond Outlook calendar to view everyone's schedules in one place, it's a great option for that. I wish there was more compatibility between our Outlook calendars and RG though. Often it feels like we need to have duplicate information in both places.

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

We chose RG because of it's simple UI and the ease that bookings can be created and updated.

Response from Resource Guru

Replied February 2020

Hi Spencer Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to check in to make sure you knew about the availability bars? It sounds like you're using a workaround to highlight when people are available, but the availability bars will give you excellent visibility of when each of your resources has availability, right there on the schedule. You can learn about using them here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942098-using-the-availability-bar I hope this helps! If you have any questions at any point please don't be a stranger - we're always very keen to help. Thanks, Kat

Markus from SHE Informationstechnologie A.G.

Ou daily challange for organising and planning multiple teams and projects

As already written before, we are managing several teams and projects with the tool. It is our main tool, to organise the day to day work and do long term planning. We build an interface into our financial tools, to have an automated process to align budgets with the planning!

Pros

We like the easy to use approach and the overall visibility Very important is the cooperation and management of a single resource with multiple people. To reduce the risk of double bookings or gaps...

Cons

There is very little what is not optimal. We are happy that overtime is possible now... but maybe a bit more reporting functionality would be good.. not as "extracts" more online! and if I could whish for something, the integration into JIRA is something we would need!

Response from Resource Guru

Replied December 2019

Hi Markus Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can quickly and easily connect Resource Guru with Jira using our Zapier integration, and you don't need any programming skills to do this :) You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app And you can find the Resource Guru/Jira specific integration page just here: https://zapier.com/apps/jira/integrations/resource-guru Alternatively we also offer an API which you can use to create an integration if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/ I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help! Thanks, Kat

Lara from N2O

Review from a user perspective

Resource guru has been a bit of a god send as both a user checking when you're scheduled in for work but also as an admin to have big visibility of what everyone is working on and when.

Pros

Scheduling is really easy to do on the web version, I can book, amend or cancel resource in a matter of moments and easily drop and drag to move things around.

Cons

The mobile version on web browser can be a little clunky, it would be good to have an app version to make checking scheduling on the go (whilst at external meetings etc) easier to use, the same for booking resource on the go, its almost impossible to do so on mobile

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

I didn't choose this product, the company had it when I joined but was instantly far better than previous company processes such as excel spreadsheets etc which were unreliable and messy.

Response from Resource Guru

Replied November 2019

Hi Lara Thanks for leaving a review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that the new schedule is mobile optimised, so you should now have a much better experience when using Resource Guru on a mobile in browser. We do have plans to release dedicated mobile apps in future, so keep your eyes peeled for further updates :) Happy scheduling! Kat

Elom from Rosenswig McRae Thorpe

Resource Guru - RMT

We are trying to ensure all jobs have been staffed. Jobs may have from 1 to 3 people with different experience levels. So far we've staffed the jobs, however we're unable to determine who's overloaded and who isn't.

Pros

Ease of scheduling and color coding to identify the job owner.

Cons

Differentiating between confirmed file and unconfirmed files; Unable to sort resources by experience level Unable to view staff capacity in one shot - We didn't sign up for reports so that may likely be the reason. Unable to color code by client and also by booker

Response from Resource Guru

Replied February 2020

Hi Elom Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can use custom fields to filter your resources by experience. Here's a walkthrough you might find useful: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942075-using-custom-fields-to-categorize-resources-by-skills-department-and-more When it comes to tracking utilisation and capacity, this is all done in the Reports section so you'd need to upgrade to the Blackbelt or Master plan in order to access this information. You can learn more about what the reports have to offer here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/collections/38289-reports Finally, you can definitely color your bookings by Client or Booker, as well as by Project :) You'll find a walkthrough on using colors here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942102-using-colors I hope this helps! If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach out :) Happy scheduling! Kat

Paula from Jacobson James & Associates

Industry: Environmental Services

Provides Great Resource Management!

With many staff members doing field work, Resource Guru helps greatly with schedule planning and tracking where staff are at any given time.

Pros

This software is easy to learn and use. We can see the availability of resources at a glance, and it's simple to make any edits to current entries as needed. The option to add personal photos for resources is fun to use and adds a bit of personalization to each resource.

Cons

When choosing a date to enter information, we need to scroll over the calendar instead of clicking, because clicking on dates will automatically trigger a window for entering new information.

Reshma from TVC

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

SM user

As mentioned I have implement RG to both my previous and current working places. Its easy and simple, no complications, not clumpy. I use RG on a daily basis to book my whole team's daily tasks.

Pros

Easy to use, simple for all team members. Looks visibly pleasing. I have implemented Resource Guru to my previous and current working places. Very good value for money.

Cons

Needs to have an action for users to click once they have completed the task. I have been waiting for this for a few years now. Still not very mobile friendly.

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

It was more beneficial for my team and how we work daily.

Dale from Ascribe Marketing Communications Inc.

Fantastic tool

Excellent. It has been a fantastic tool for our lean, high-performance business.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use, efficient. Simplified our weekly and monthly production planning radically, allowing us to focus more effort on forecasting production load, maintaining workload balance and ensuring good capacity to execute our projects.

Cons

Doesn't yet have the ability to set recurring events. Drag and drop functions are sometimes unstable, particularly with cloud syncing.

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

Other tools were more project management oriented. We already use a software tool -- Daylite -- to cover the rest of our project and sales coordination. We needed a tool focused squarely on resource planning -- and this was easy to use, intuitive and had the features we needed.

Adile from Drilling Systems

Resource scheduling never easier

It has make resourcing scheduling so much easier. Staff knows what they are supposed to be working on and managers can plan properly resources and understand conflicts or overtime required to complete projects on time.

Pros

It is a very easy tool to schedule resources. you can extend tasks across weeks, split tasks, duplicate tasks across different team members. It is visual and easy to use. It allow us to understand who is working on what projects. You can customise and filter resources by teams and you have a reporting tool where you can see by week how is your resource utilisation.

Cons

the Zoom -+ button will only show present week or next 6 weeks. It would be good if you can select how many weeks you want to see, between 1-6 weeks to visualise on the Schedule tab. sometimes when adding many tasks on a day for one resource, you create overtime unnecessarily it would be good to have a button/option to distribute same amount of time to all the tasks for a day, taking the amount of hours the resource works a day. Reporting- when reporting who is working on what project, it would be useful to have the percentages of time spent on each project.

value for money

Pedro from Ogilvy Australia

Resource Management Made Easy

Overall the solution is very robust and solid at what it does. It has been used for over 5+ years and does it job well. I would like to see a bit more is product feature evolution in terms of workflow management/triggers as mentioned.

Pros

The filtering capabilities allows different user roles to manage their teams easily and also find relevant skills in the agency. Many people have hidden skills and talents and having them searchable allows us to tap into these.

Cons

I would like to see more API integration efforts made into other applications. I would like to see workflow triggers to handle people picking up work (validation) or not picking up work because they haven't been briefed in (trigger notification to manager) to help actually manage the validation of the acceptable of work by the individuals instead of having to follow up. This would remove a lot of chasing and admin.

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

User interface, Admin management, filter capability, SaaS based solution.

Brittany from Evergreen Systems

Resource Guru is amazing!

Pros

This program has been a vital part of out organization. I use this every day to schedule all of our resources for all of our projects and even PTO. We then download this information and use it to help forecast our revenue. It is incredibly easy to use and manipulate. The Beta is amazing!

Cons

I would like it if you could add a rate to each booking. That would make it easier to forecast revenue. Other than that, the product is great!

Brent from C2 Technologies, Inc.

Maintaining High Resource Utilization through Coordination and Resource Guru

Overall Resource Guru has significantly contributed to our ability to schedule, review and plan our resources. We have increased our overall utilization of resources by using this product.

Pros

We like the ability to visualize our employee utilization on a company-wide basis while being able to generate other utilization views by department and resource type. This helps us determine any utilization gaps and plan for cross utilization to ensure overall high utilization of our resources.

Cons

I would like to see a few more customization features for how the system currently treats over-bookings. We would like to be able to over-book resources and it show their utilization at 100%+ rather than it showing the conflict and a lower utilization until the over-allocation is corrected.

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

Cost and ability to visualize resource scheduling, it's email capability to email project assignments, and reporting capabilities.

Matthew from PBS Systems

Resource Guru - How its helped the day-to-day operation

Overall it's been a great experience and helped me and my team better operate our day-to-day tasks and ability to manage our staff and projects. It's a tool I've used for a few years now and do not see us looking back.

Pros

Ease of use - loved the beta version and very happy that is now the standard. Easy to update multiple days on the fly and saves as you go. Great feature of saving teams/groups so I can see a quick look without having to multi click.

Cons

Only thing I can say is I wish there was a better way to export reports from the software, possibly export into excel where I can print out the relevant information.

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

The layout at the time was clean (Still is) and the auto save feature was nice. Multiple user interface was also important.

Response from Resource Guru

Replied December 2019

Thanks Matt - Did you realise you can download reports as an excel file. https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942087-using-the-downloaded-reports Hope that makes your life easier :) Cheers, Percy

Fauzi from HEPMIL Media Pte Lte

Resource Guru Makes My Daily Life Easier

Pros

I really love that it'll remind me what my schedule is like the night before I sleep. I feel at ease before I go to bed :) thank you!

Cons

I am not toop sure if there is such a feature already. However, it'll be best if I can match my personal calendars on match on Resourece Guru as well. I am an influencer and a writer. Therefore my hectic schedules may clash in and outside of work.

Response from Resource Guru

Replied April 2020

Hi Fauzi, thanks for sharing your feedback! You could subscribe to your Resource Guru bookings from your external calendar if you'd like to, because we currently offer a one way calendar sync feature which lets you send your Resource Guru bookings to an external calendar such as Outlook - you can find a walkthrough here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942091-syncing-resource-guru-events-with-your-calendar I hope this helps to clarify things for you, but please let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be more than happy to help. Thanks, Michelle

Nikki from Vets4Pets

A great way of organising your day

Pros

That you can easily move jobs around if they need to change and can book off holiday time and meeting time so that you don't overbook yourself.

Cons

The waiting time bit could be better if time is overbooked - doesn't allow for different lengths of working days.

Response from Resource Guru

Replied January 2018

Hi Nikki, Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can most definitely customise the availability of each of your resources on a daily basis - not every day has to have the same availability. You can set resources normal availability (which is the availability which repeats on a weekly basis) and you can also create availability exceptions if you need to make a temporary change to someone's normal availability. You might find this article on resource availability useful https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/portal/articles/2162590 I hope this helps, but please get in touch if you have any questions. We're always happy to help! Thanks, Kat

Melissa from R&R Partners

Easy to onboard and easier to use!

Resource Guru helps our agency see availability of resources to ensure we are allocating projects efficiently. Without it, we were running blindly and were hoping that team members would speak up when they were too busy or too idle. Now, we can see this ourselves (days in advance) and prevent talented employees from going unused.

Pros

- Color coding clients - Being able to manually adjust hours/availability per resource - Limiting permissions per user - Adding in when employees are OOO - Search feature to check skill sets and who has worked on which client before - Saving searches so we can quickly view groupings of employees

Cons

- I wish there was a way to search bookings for key words - It's unfortunate that this tool doesn't link up with our PM tool, Asana - There's no 'undo' button if you accidentally click and drag a booking unknowingly

Jessica from Kier Group

Resource Guru - helps tackle lack of resource visibility

We are now able to track all of the resources within our department and run metrics on what is being worked on and what our utilisation is across IT. We also use this as a recharging model to our businesses so this is a vital piece of software.

Pros

The software is an easy to use format with searchable features and the ability to track personal from their actual hours work to the forecast showing future demand. The ability to allow resources to book against multiple codes and be organised in multiple teams means that reporting from the tool provides vital details for our KPI's and metrics, helping drive improvements and efficiencies within our organisation

Cons

There is a limited pipeline of change and growth of the software, which does not allow development in areas that would be useful to our company.

Kevin from Ross Video

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great for organizing teams of people and the resources they use

A vast improvement to the spreadsheet our organization used to use to schedule employees

Pros

User interface very easy to use, filtering options (for example showing only people, resources or any combination desired) very helpful, great way to see your whole team's at-a-glance schedule

Cons

external calendar (ie Outlook) integration could be improved. Booking holiday for multiple people/resources at once very easy, wish that functionality could be extended to non-holiday bookings

Steve from Dragonhead Consultancy Ltd

The entire team are there to make sure your experience with the product is easy and beneficial.

Provided visibility and allowed tracking of the team members, contract end dates and the ability to generate accurate invoices for the customer

Pros

The product is easy to use and allows the administrator to manage teams, plan and review previous activities. It can be used for recording or planning and gives a level of visibility that is lacking in a number of products. Although the team are constantly looking at ways to improve the product, it never strays away from its core and prime functionality. Many products try to grow into a bigger, wider space and lose the key elements that attracted customers to the product in the first place. A customer of ours was so impressed with the product that they too purchased it after seeing the value it afforded us.

Cons

It would be great if there was an App which could be opened rather than a web browser, although this is only a minor consideration with the number of browsers out there.

David from IFS

Resourcing consultants

We have a number of delivery teams spread throughout Australia, and these act in remote locations, and in overlapping areas of interest. Resource Guru gave us quick and easy ways to see who is available, who is not, and to see teams (location or project based) and be able to plan our people.

Pros

Ready accessibility in both the field and the office without needing setup on the device. Clear interface. Simple filtering of team records to be able to determine resourcing constraints, etc.

Cons

On occasion, it becomes difficult to determine where work is on site or off, or whether a planned consulting visit is a firm date, or a flexible date. This could be down to how we are using it, though.

Ashley from Matrix UK Solutions Ltd

Clearly Brilliant!

I genuinely use this product every day and would find it hard to function in my day to day without it. Although there is room for improvement, I think in the last year it has improved greatly and am excited to see what features are to come in the future.

Pros

I love the way it looks and how easy it is to navigate.

Cons

I would like to be able to copy and paste a job across multiple users. Or have a tick box field that puts it into the diaries who will also attend that same meeting. I would like to be able to write all the information about the 'Event' in the projects tabs and for that to carry across to the timeline.

Response from Resource Guru

Replied February 2020

Hi Ashley - thanks for your positive review :) I just wanted to let you know that multi-resource and repeat bookings are on the roadmap. In the meantime you can SHIFT drag bookings to copy them. Also if you want to see the details of a project, you can click on the "pop-out" icon which you'll see when you hover over project/client on an existing booking. Here you can view/edit all the project details. I hope that helps :) Thanks, Percy

Luke from Koozai

Time management made easy!

Pros

The tool really makes time management easy and extremely visual. It does away with ugly excel spreadsheets and with a neat UX, it allows for easy time forecasting whilst also enabling you to easily keep on top of your time expenditure! I genuinely love this tool. Along with the tool, where there are areas for improvement, the development team are happy to listen and actually make changes based on feedback! I've provided feedback with a couple of times and both have been integrated into future updates - this is a company that listens and constantly develops for the users' needs.

Cons

Very difficult to outline any main cons, as like I said above, any issues I've had with the tool historically, they've been resolved! If I HAD to provide one, it'll be how the tool works across different devices. It's not especially mobile friendly...but that's me scraping the barrel for a con.

Brittany from Publicis

Pretty Good

Pros

Its pretty user friendly. Not complicated to start implementing.

Cons

I find some of the defaults don't make as much sense and can cause unnecessary extra steps.

Price.

Ben from Senversa

Great resource scheduling tool

Pros

I love the ease of use and functionality to add and change bookings.

Cons

I'd like that their is an app version to make navigation on a mobile a bit easier.

NA

Paul from Coast Digital

Visual planning delivered

Pros

Visual planning helps me tremendously. Resource Guru has everything I need.

Cons

Lack of integration with Teamwork, I'd love be to see a two way integration that passes jobs/tasks/dates between the two tools.

Dennis from Calvin Klein Europe

Guru will get your team into gear

At any time the producers and project managers have a full overview of what the creative team is up to, if they have time to work on other projects and their availability. it is easy to work with for top line planning and for in-detail remarks or instructions. As you can limit the workdays to 8 hours it becomes quicky apparent if additional resources are needed as you create "on hold" projects.

Pros

it is easy to plan projects and see what every team member is working on, when holidays are happening and their general availability. No more questioning what they should be working on when their project manager is not around.

Ed from Terrapex

Guru Review for you

The program solves our equipment and people scheduling issues. Our staff can book and pre-book. From a business stand point I can quickly see ahead at how busy we are. I can run reports to see the utilization of our equipment and staff. This gives me some data I can use to see if more equipment or staff are required.

Pros

Cost. We don't have to limit how much we add to the schedule (people or equipment) because of the licensing cost. Because of that we use it more extensively and therefore get even more value from it.

Cons

The pictorial Guru and daily saying I like personally, but I have heard the comments from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that it takes away from the professional feel of the program.

Kiley from FirstView

Resource Guru Is The Way Forward

Have really loved using this software. It's been user friendly, informative, detailed and is a great platform to organise and structure work within out agency. I love the step by step guides when new features have been added and how the support team is readily available when-ever we need assistance.

Pros

I love how easily it allows one to pull reports and distribute work around the agency. You're able to trace ALL activity on the system so accountability becomes very simple. RG has helped us manage and allocate projects and work better

Cons

It would be great if RG could have reoccurring tasks as many of the projects we schedule are on a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis. I do understand that this is a feature the dev team are looking into, so we look forward to that becoming a live feature.

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

Unsure, resource guru was already purchased when I joined the company.

Rachel from TPE

Great Software, too expensive

Good software and with a few tweaks/improvements it would be great but works out to be too expensive for large groups of resources.

Pros

Really easy to use and makes all resource planning very visible. Highlights the problem areas and upcoming projects really well

Cons

It turned out to be far too expensive for a fairly small company to justify. There was limited functionality around moving/altering/copying lines and resources input although the team are looking into this. The colours are limited for the lines also, which may seem like a small thing but the colours help to show visually what is planned. It would also be handy to be able to zoom in and out more to see full years as well as weeks.

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

It was easier to make alterations and move resource around. It's worth noting we have reverted back to Excel due to expense and no longer use Resource Guru

james from The Graphic Design House

Industry: Graphic Design

Review of Guru

Good overall. Easy to see projects scheduled in our design studio and what projects are looked after by each account manager. Search function is great. Also makes looking at our capacity and future schedule much easier. Anything moving around is instantly updated.

Pros

Easy to update. Colours for each account manager. Easy to plan schedules and build timelines on larger project. Good to see overall capacity and amount of time already scheduled in / availability.

Cons

Would prefer more navigation function (zoom, click and drag

Response from Resource Guru

Replied November 2019

Hi James Thanks for sharing your feedback! I just wanted to let you know that we offer different zoom settings and you can learn about them here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942101-zooming-in-and-out You can also right click and drag to move around your schedule, or use a touchpad or arrow keys as well as the scroll bars. I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do to help at any point, please just let me know :) Thanks, Kat

Steven from N2O

Man with a plan

Pros

Helps effortlessly plan resource allocation and gives a great overview of the entire team's workload. It is easy for all to follow and keeps everyone in the loop.

Cons

Would be good if it could integrate with other project management tools e.g. Trello.

Response from Resource Guru

Replied November 2019

Hi Steven Thanks for leaving a great review! I wanted to let you know that you can certainly connect Resource Guru with the other tools you use to run your business. If you have some programming capabilities at your end you might be interested in our API. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/ Alternatively, our Zapier integration requires no programming skills and lets you connect Resource Guru with 1,500+ other apps, including Trello! You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app And here's a link to the Resource Guru/Trello integration page: https://zapier.com/apps/trello/integrations/resource-guru I hope this helps! Please don't be a stranger if there's anything else we can do for you :) Thanks, Kat

Christopher from GTA Consultants

Industry: Civil Engineering

Please see why did you make the switch

Pros

-East to use -Visually pleasant -Free -Versatile (eg. can add time off and shows in different colour)

Cons

I did not really find any cons with Resource Guru. However, perhaps it would be nice to have an option of integrating with Microsoft Outlook?

Rachel from Terrapex Environmental Ltd.

Generally an excellent tool

Pros

I like how easy it is to track my schedule, my colleagues schedules, and our communal equipment.

Cons

I dislike getting the email with my daily schedule at midnight. I'm not sure if this is a company setting, or if the email could be moved to a more useful time or cancelled completely. It would be helpful to get an email if your schedule has been changed for the next 48 hours or similar.

Response from Resource Guru

Replied September 2019

Hi Rachel Thanks for your feedback! We do have plans to let you change the time of the daily schedule email in future, but in the meantime if you'd prefer to turn it off you can do this in your Settings by following the walkthrough here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942114-switching-off-daily-schedule-email-notifications I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help! Thanks, Kat

Bettina from Ogilvy

Creative department

Love the product but would like to see some more detail in the functionality

Pros

how it looks in calendar view, the simple drag and drop of booking.

Cons

would like the option to customise the order of appearance (ie drag and drop). it also desperately needs an App! Could also do with the ability to customise the height of the rows so you can fit more in one view (I have 48 people I need a birds eye view of and the row height is a bit of a waste of space). Also the dashboard doesn't have wait list on it which is a pain for users. The reports are a it archaic as well so would like some more options there.

James from Deltatre

Part-Time Power-house planning

Resource Guru has allowed us to keep track of many, many freelancers and zero hours staffs availability over a number of projects across different business divisions. This allows us to share staff easier and takes work out of scheduling and at times saves us hiring and instead lets us give others new opportunities

Pros

Recently my favourite feature has been the ability to organise groups of people into teams. It really helps with quickly identifying shifts and availability in mine and others teams.

Cons

Our issue is the time availability settings. Our work is set across multiple projects that have ever changing start times outside of the'9-5'. Since we mainly use it for operational shifting rather than day to day planning, we have to set everybody as available 12 am to 12pm everyday.

Amy from Cornerstone Information Systems

Guru Review

Very good and wasy

Pros

The scheduling look with the bar graphs.

Cons

Capacity is tough to really gage what is happening from a project level.

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

There were a few more and I don’t recall the names. The other tools were very expensive.

Kevin from A+E Networks. History Channel. Lifetime. C+I.

The Best Way to Manage my Creative Team

I use it daily to monitor the workflow of my team and to assign new projects. It’s also a great tool to review work that has been produced across our different broadcast channels over the past year. I can see each week at a glance and click into each project for more detail. It’s a great tool to see who is across each project and who is on leave. The best tool we have for maintaining a steady workflow that is visible to various stakeholders.

Pros

At a glance I can see daily what each member of my creative team are working on. I can manage the flow of work easily and see where the availability is for more work to be assigned. The software is easy to use and the best I’ve used in my 25 yrs of working in television.

Cons

There’s currently nothing that I don’t like.

Nil from PRG XL Video

Just works

Pros

It's online, live, easy to use and easy to update, GUI is nice, all information is easy in a GANTT style.

Cons

Not available on a phone!!! Needs an app, some copy paste/duplicate features could be added. Should sync better to iCal and be updatable from iCal to RG.

Response from Resource Guru

Replied January 2018

Hi Nil Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can most definitely copy and paste in Resource Guru - just use SHIFT+drag. You'll find a demonstration of this and other handy tips in our Help Center here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/en/portal/topics/839971-little-tips/articles I also wanted to let you know that dedicated mobile apps and two way calendar sync are firmly on our roadmap :) Thanks again, and please don't be a stranger if there's anything we can do to help! Kat