What are Slack users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Slack software through verified user reviews

21,266 Reviews

15,095
5,177

• icon"I like this app and was first introduced to it when I joined a technical support team. It is fast and reliable and has a nice interface which is easy to navigate."
  • icon"I liked it because it has this great feature of integration with other software like google drive."
  • icon"Love that it's user friendly and was very easy to set up. It is real easy to communicate with other team members."
  • icon"When te connection is down, the messages stay grey and after some minutes, they fail, so sometimes the internet connection come back and those failed messages are sent after the previous ones."
  • icon"The only thing that I dislike is that I can easily get distracted by the notifications."
  • icon"From keeping message history to other basic necessities, Slack charged for a lot of it. Comparing it to Discord, it cannot compete."

Browse all Slack Reviews

• Have you used Slack and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 21,264 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 21,264 reviews

Justin

Company size: 201 - 500 employees

It can do everything, but sometimes you don't want it to

Elena Alexandra

Industry: Computer Games

April 2022

The best team comunication tool

We use it daily to communicate, organize our work, coordinate activities, share important messages or company announcements.

Pros

You can not only send direct messages to one or many team members, but you can also create communication channels for different topics. You can send gif and react to messages, you can share files, or even jump in a call.

Cons

You can jump in a call it needed, but sometimes this feature doesn't work.

Cam

Work w/ Slack is better

It's a great platform to increase productivity and accountability while serving as the means of communications for our remote-only company

Pros

The real-time features of being able to communicate effortlessly with teammates, co-workers

Cons

Not much -- sometimes it doesn't sync directly from phone to computer or vice versa -- but that's user error, likely.

Reasons for choosing Slack

Slack has it all -- literally. Nothing more, nothing less than the others.

Reasons for switching to Slack

Sococo offered more in terms of "office-feel" but with more integrations and features added to Slack as well as customer service -- it was an easy switch

Kevin

Nice ideas with issues

The idea of slack is great, and it helps my team communicate more quickly and effectively than something like Google Hangouts. However, with the introduction of Huddles, and seemingly with the purchase of Slack by Salesforce, there seems to be a lot more bugs than in previous versions of the sofware.

Pros

Slack is very easy to keep in the background and to use on your mobile device. The best feature of slack is the ability for everyone on a call to draw on the presenter's screen without any setup. Its very easy to onboard a new user and have them communicating right away. The API makes Slack a great hub for reminders and system notifications.

Cons

Over the past year or so, Slack seems to be getting a little buggy. There are regular problems with joining Huddles, getting kicked out of huddles for drawing when a presenter has drawing enabled, and getting audio to consistently work. My team has noticed problems on Windows and iOS.

Elaine

March 2022

Great for teams in multiple locations

Overall I really like slack and I admit now is the time to explore what else it can do. That being said, given how I use it I do feel confident in recommending slack for people who are looking for a way to communicate better with their team.

Pros

love slack because it helps me communicate with my team better. We are all located in different parts of the world and I haven't met many of them. The message style function makes it feel lighter than email, and I feel connected. As a freelancer I also have multiple teams and channels on slack but they never get jumbled or mixed together, so that provides even more security.

Cons

The downsides of slack in my opinion is that despite the search being great, it can be hard to keep track of everything that is going on in a large team, especially with multiple threads and streams, and you can easily miss something important. Thsi could be more of a company issue than a Slack one! Additionally, if you are not careful, Slack can become a huge time sink. Overall, though, I think the benefits of using Slack outweigh the drawbacks. If you are looking for a way to improve communication

Reasons for switching to Slack

Place to hold interesting and useful files and links that Skype isn't fit for.

Slack for Collaboration

We started using Slack as a way of communicating with each other and as a way of sharing materials easily. It does all those things and more and we love it.

Pros

We use Slack for a number of things. We love that it has a very nice in house messaging system that keeps us all on the same page rather well. We use it's file sharing feature all the time as well. The channels make it easy to post relevant information to different topics and have real time collaborative feedback on those projects that are relevant to my team members who are on those projects without clogging up the inboxes of other team members who aren't.

Cons

So far, we haven't found much that we don't like. It would be nice if there was a few more options, perhaps, that allowed for personalizing fonts or styles when writing to do lists or posts for yourself, but it isn't a major hangup.

Reasons for choosing Slack

We chose slack because it didn't require that we have a subscription to Microsoft (for Teams) and because it seemed a lot easier for our non-Facebook using staff to use (as opposed to Workplace).

Ale

April 2022

Slack, communicating has never been easier!

Amazing experience, it integrates with Google Calendar, ClickUp, and many others out there, ease of use, and to say the least, it's a great messaging app.

Pros

Slack is a rich feature messaging app with a wide range of integrations and compatibility with everything out there, Linux, MAC, Windows, Android, iPhone, you name it and there's an official app for it.

Cons

The only con I've found and I guess this is just because of Apple's privacy policies that some of the users aren't able to share screens from their iPads during huddles.

Reasons for switching to Slack

WhatsApp was too complicated to use when our team grew, the group management, saving photos, and sharing documents, we had to create huddles through meets, meanwhile, Slack it's an all-in-one solution with no restrictions.

Andrej

Communicator for all businesses

Pros

Even though we use it in free tier, it provides us with all the basic features that we require. It also enables us to integrate with a few 3rd party applications.

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app gives me a hard time, especially with notifications.

Nick

Slack is awesome

I love Slack it allows me to collaborate with my team members really easily

Pros

Having moved to Slack from Teams it is such a cool tool and so easy to work with.

Cons

Some of the hotkeys are difficult to get used to - but overall very productive !

new job - new tool !

Guadalupe

Industry: Program Development

March 2022

The most effective chat for companies

It is very easy to use, it is fast and efficient to communicate with your co-workers, it has many tools, and it can be linked with other applications. I like everything about slack, I don't see any problems, on the contrary, it has a robot to help you how to use it.

Yaniv

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Slack review

Pros

Highly performing with Third Party Integrations, very impressive and comfortable makes life easier very convenient and comfortable Works amazing with Third Party Integrations

Cons

Nothing to be honest, I dont know how much it cost to work with slack, but as an employee I recommend it for sure

Ghazal

Industry: Broadcast Media

New Age Communication Tool

Good, good, gooood. Thanks to Slack that enabled us to improve our communication and achieve our set goals. Instead of email, we communicate through Slack and it gets a better result.

Pros

I like the cool features and amazing functionality of Slack. It makes file sharing, meetings, and team collaboration so easy that anybody can do it without putting much effort. Since we started using Slack, we have shifted almost all of our daily communication to this one-in-solution. Our team members always get in touch with each other using the real-time chat feature. We have created different channels for different teams that helps us manage the work in a more organized way. File sharing is a big part of our work routine and Slack does it professionally. Integration with other applications such as Google Drive and Dropbox is another added feature. I have the PC version and also installed the phone application that helps me keep in contact with the team so effortlessly.

Cons

The contacts tab design can use some improvement. It's all cramped up. The drop-down arrows with the channel sometimes hide the contacts and that really annoys me. I wish there was a different user interface with more ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Slack

We have used Skype for many many years but there were quite a few issues. Video lags and voice instability and a whole lot of other problems. Can you hear me - can you hear me??? that's what I fondly remember from the days of Skype. Nonetheless, life's at peace since we adopted Slack.

Nathalia

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

ICoom in Slack

I love slack, but I think its value is for fast internal communication. Not a lot for video or document sharing.

Pros

Is the best communication tool. Easy to use, you can have a lot of channels and bots and it seems like the info won't get lost because it is all organized.

Cons

The free version is great and I wouldn't see why to pay for the use, since you probably have free options in case you really must (in your package with the email provider or tools like Telegram, discord, etc)

Reasons for choosing Slack

Best UI, fast enough and really easy to use, despite having a very fair free version

Reasons for switching to Slack

To keep all the info centralized and organized

Omer

May 2022

Slack revolutionized our workspace communication

I needed some time to see the benefits of Slack, coming from an email-only workplace. I soon started to appreciate the benefit of the communication style Slack made possible, and I think it is hard to imagine achieving the same level of efficiency without Slack.

Pros

Slack is different from the communication and chat tools we used previously. With Slack, we could create channels for every part of the project and only add people who are stakeholders in the area. Communication in these channels is visible to all their members, making information sharing the default in team communication. Direct Messages are still possible for private or secret data transfer. This channel style is also quite useful when creating alerts and notifications. All people can see all Notifications in one place and may communicate about them in the "threads" of the message. Slack also introduced "Threads" to allow for sub-communication about any message in the channel in order not to block the flow of conversation in the channel.

Cons

It doesn't support RTL languages and sometimes uploading files takes a very long time.

New workplace.

Slack Gets the Job Done

Pros

For anyone used to hangouts, MS Teams, or just plain old text messaging, Slack is easy to adopt and begin using for communication and collaboration. Direct messaging others is as simple as adding '@' before their username, and when you create a conversation with multiple people, they're automatically saved as a group you can instantly ping at any time. Conversations with multiple replies are rolled up into threads to keep the message board clean. And, Slack allows you to communicate with outside companies (i.e., vendors, agencies), as long as they use Slack, as well. It's such a timesaver vs. email! Slack also seamlessly integrates with a plethora of collaboration and organizational apps like Google Calendar, Clockwise and Zoom. So, seeing your daily schedule, sharing your status, and your availability to reply to others, etc. are all handled automatically. And, you can start a Zoom meeting with one shortcut and invite others instantly. And, for file management, attachments are easy to add, preview and fully display.

Cons

Slack uses shortcuts to fire certain apps or actions. This approach is great if you're used to thinking in code. But, for anyone that isn't, it may be a lot to learn so many different shortcuts and could possibly cause some users to miss out on Slack's more powerful features. The same goes for Slack markdown in general. There are some great templates to add greater usability to Slack posts. However, they require using and editing Slack markdown, which basically is easiest done in the markdown builder tool and then pushed back into Slack. The markdown code itself is straightforward. But, for teams that don't code (and honestly may not need to code), it's a missed opportunity for them to do more with Slack.

Dayna

Slack is great for remote teams!

This tool has helped us communicate as a team. It has helped us restore some type of "culture" in a remote workforce.

Pros

We love that you can see when teammates are in a meeting. Set up away notifications. Sync to our calendars. The newly added scheduled message feature is great so we can send messages within business hours (especially when someone is working outside of typical hours)

Cons

There isn't really much to not like. I haven't had many issues with the tool not performing but, occasionally the call feature can be a little buggy. (does not happen very often)

Reasons for choosing Slack

We felt that Slack met more of the needs and had more options for integrations we wanted to utilize

Reasons for switching to Slack

Google was just not able to meet all the demands we had as a team.

Samantha

Slack offers seamless Communication across the organisation and value for money

Overall Slack is a great platform for teams looking for seamless communication across the organisation and value for money.

Pros

Slack is one of the best platforms available for team communication. After using it for almost 3 years now, it provides our organisation with real-time and seamless communication and offers the most value for your money. Through Slack, you can instant message your team for a quick ask or direct message a specific member for any questions. You can also share files easily by uploading or you even connect your Google Drive/Dropbox to share file links. You can also have fun communicating using emoji's or just share fun GIF's to your team. The free version offers all the features needed for team communication but if you want additional productivity features to level up your communication like communicating with outside vendors on your workspace, then you can definitely opt for getting paid plan. Slack is a very intuitive platform and user friendly.

Cons

Slack is a great tool for communication across teams but it does not offer any project management features.

Reasons for choosing Slack

Our organisation chose Slack initially because of the great reviews and great features available both on free and paid accounts.

Reasons for switching to Slack

WhatsApp has limited features and is not built for team communication.

Magic tool for remote work communication

Love it-Hope to use slack regardless of where I end up throughout everyday life. May even use it for individual utilize and can undoubtedly make bunch visits with companions,

Pros

Slack makes informing proficient and puts together messages into various channels. It is extremely helpful to private message just as make gatherings. Moreover, records are saved and filed for simple access. I likewise enjoyed the usability and capacity to work together with anybody in your association. My most loved uses out of the product 1.) Unlimited number of channels-Public/Private 2.) Ability to make shapes that get distributed to explicit channels 3.) Love utilizing the/remind piece so I can get pings about undertakings requiring finish or a straightforward subsequent update 4.) You can have some good times and tweak. For instance: We have a 'Jokes' channel that the leeway bot will make you wisecracks on the off chance that you ask 'bot make me a father quip'- It's astounding

Cons

Difficult to think of any as a client yet heres a shot: 1.) The limitless assortment of channels makes the high opportunities to get steady pings in case somebody @'s you in a channel. 2.) You get dependent and wind up using your organization correspondence application 'Slack' off hours and simply signing on as though it were a web-based media page. I disdained the failure to make a public gathering "private" after it's creation. Would incidentally slack and my. messages would just come through on my telephone and not work area

Reasons for choosing Slack

Slack is really a brand and have some valuable feature for remote work.

Carmel

Innovative Tool for Team Building!

Overall I really enjoy slack! I prefer the desktop version over the web version. The desktop version allows quicker access! Also the direct message feature is important feature in slack that I use. Often at times sensitive message have to be share with an individual rather than the group. Also the emoji's are plentiful selection! I love the mass variety and options available!

Pros

The greatest thing I like about slack is the ability to create different channels to assist on different topics , groups, and teams within the organization! I also like the accessibility features! You can access Slack from virtually any device! I travel a lot and this feature is extremely important!

Cons

The software features can take some time to get use to if you have no computer experience. For me my biggest challenge was learning on how to use the alerts and notification features within the program. But in fairness I was able to grasp everything within a few days. So not that long at all.

Reasons for switching to Slack

I loved the features that slack offers compared to the limitations of the Whatsapp. Also I like the application in Slack that are more innovative!

Alexandros

A great collaboration and communication platform for teams - even young aged ones

Coaching a team of 10-15 children from 12 to 15 can be quite challenging. However, we have been able to incorporate Slack in our day to day work. All of our communication is in Slack, independent of Facebook etc and the children had no problem with it. Great features, easy creation of subgroups and sharing. Overall great software and I probably one of the only options offering these kind of feature for free and so well integrated.

Pros

I love the easy creation of team channels for different topic, and the message threads. I honestly find it very difficult to use a platform without this feature any more. Not needing to spam the whole team with a smaller conversation is great, especially for younger teams. Also third party integrations is a feature I use all the time, mostly Google drive and simple poll for now.

Cons

Sometimes the notifications on my phone don't work very well and i occasionally have some complaints from third party apps (which has little to do with Slack though), like not being able to edit polls from simple poll etc.

Reasons for switching to Slack

Well, hangouts is kind of a mess, hard to use and minimal features. I would generally advise against it.

Ryleigh

Much better than Hipchat

Overall, Slack is my favorite communication tool I've used. My company used Hipchat prior to Slack and we all rejoiced when the switch was made. It's more intuitive and much more customizable.

Pros

I like how I can set my own color themes and pick my notification sound. I have access to all the Apple emojis as well as Slack's fun emojis to set a status. The developers in my company have created new emojis as well and those are fun to use. Slack is the easiest way – and I have several tools at my disposal for this including Google Meet, Zoom and Uberconference/Dialpad – to do an audio call, video call or screen share with one other person. I prefer to use Google Meet for meetings with several people, but my go-to is slack for a call with just one other person. The pencil tool to highlight something is so handy when someone is sharing their screen with me. When on a call, the little phone emoji appears next to my name so others know that I'm on a call and can't respond right away. I like being able to respond to a message in a thread too. My company has a channel for everyone in the company and the notification can get out of hand if lots of people are responding back and forth. But threads simplify that and make it so I can respond to a message in a thread versus the entire company seeing it. They can see the thread if they click on it, but it requires an extra step. I also love the shortcuts for sharing gifs from giphy, setting reminders and others. Oh, and setting notification preferences is amazing. I have my Slack set to only receive notifications during certain hours during the day so I'm not getting them all through the night and before the next workday starts.

Cons

I don't like that I can't create a Slack channel on my own. My company has it set up that only the admins can create new public and/or private channels. I can create a group to direct message with, but that's it. If I want a channel created, I have to go to the admin. I think this is more of a gripe for my company making that rule and not a Slack thing, though. I also wish I could blur my background or set a fun background like you can in Google Meet and Zoom.

Reasons for switching to Slack

My company chose to switch to Slack from Hipchat. I think they said Slack is more expensive, but it has better tools to use as a company chat platform. It was a switch that the entire company welcomed.

Kavya

Industry: Research

Slack is one of those products that has no direct competitor because they're so good

I've used Slack in multiple arenas--as an employee of a young startup, a researcher at a large academic institution, and as a member of student clubs/organizations. In each of these environments, Slack was a terrific way to collaborate with my team. We considered Microsoft Teams and other similar environments, but Slack was always the clear choice.

Pros

The things I love about slack: single sign-on for multiple workspaces, the 'magic link' to sign in with your email, the custom animated emojis (this seems silly but it's become a hallmark of one of my slack workspaces and my team enjoys them!), the ease of creating a new workspace and adding channels/teams, and the way we can quickly share files. I don't use many of the integrations in Slack but from what I've seen in workspaces that aren't managed by me, they work seamlessly and effectively.

Cons

I mentioned this elsewhere as well, but there are some issues with real-time synchronization; if I get an alert on my computer and open it, there is still a popup number on all my other devices that remains until I physically open slack on each device. This isn't a huge issue but it is very irritating when you constantly have a notification on the app.

Best Team Communication Tool on the Market

Fantastic, smooth and enjoyable - Slack is a powerful team communication tool with integrations to expand its reach and gather all of your notifications in one place!

Pros

Easy to use direct message, comment threading and channel topic separation - the ultimate communication tool that will help your organisation scale online at speed. It's fun to use, full of GIF and Emoji related acknowledgement styles - bringing communication into the 21st century.

Cons

It can take a while to learn how to automate your functions, short cuts and features (reminders etc) - this could be sped up with better training and a clearer user experience.

Reasons for choosing Slack

Slack has the best of all worlds.

Reasons for switching to Slack

We wanted a better way of mentioning, discussing and segmenting our workload into specific conversations or topics.

Kaushik

Review of Slack

Slack is the fitting programming for little, medium, or enormous organizations, this product is equipped for adjusting to any workspace and permits all areas to keep up with wide correspondence that assists them with having a superior sharing of data and information vital. Its talk channels are truly steady, it has an ideal interface that is extremely simple to utilize and very agreeable. The visit channels are exceptionally finished, permitting you to move a wide range of records and offer any picture with the individuals from the talk channels. It doesn't make any difference in case Slack is in the venture area, or in the Sales area, it will likewise get noteworthy outcomes execution, arranging, and work correspondence.

Pros

The fundamental component that I love about Slack is the part beneath the principle board, where I can get to uninitiated messages, explicit strings of discussions and furthermore gives me admittance to every one of the notices that have been during my vacation . Moreover, I additionally have a perception of the messages saved in this segment, so I have everything in one spot, everything exceptionally coordinated.

Cons

Slack's inquiry framework is one of the provisions that doesn't work effectively. This inquiry framework has a long defer when I embed a word in the pursuit, it consumes a large chunk of the day to play out the hunt, what's more, it doesn't show every one of the consequences of the looked through word, it just shows the most extraordinary and latest outcomes.

Reasons for switching to Slack

We required a tool that permitted us to impart among people, groups and various pieces of the associations (Product, Support, and so on). By utilizing Slack, we can without much of a stretch offer data, make channels to share information and afterward coordinate numerous different devices that we routinely use.

Meghan

Great for teams at the workplace

I have had many benefits using slack. For example, increased communication between team members and they are more willing to communicate using this tool. It is very interactive and can be fun in a way for our team as it is a very easy tool to use.

Pros

I have used this software since I was in college. It was used for group projects and to communicate with our fellow colleagues. Slack makes it so easy to instantly send files and documents without the hassle of going back and forth with uploading them to emails and hoping they deliver. Slack is great in my current workplace as we have many real estate agents who need to share information. This allows us to avoid massive group texts and have everyone in one place. It makes our work much easier and more organized. I especially like how we can break off into smaller conversations if it only requires certain people. Amazing tool.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of many things I don’t like. One suggestion I think that would make this software better is being able to see what time someone sees a message and who those people are who have read the messages. Cause that way I know who has seen it and who hasn’t. This can allow us to communicate better by knowing who is informed and who isn’t yet.

Reasons for choosing Slack

We chose slack instead because most of the team was already familiar with slack and how it works.

Showing 1 - 25 of 21,264 reviews