• Pros

• "I like the keyboard shortcuts the most in StoriesOnBoard. It allows for easy navigation and modification of the cards in an efficient way when compared to other story mapping tools out in the market."

• "It is easy to use and provides godd possibilities for documentation of stories (picures, links, text)"

• "Easy and intuitive user interface Ability to group cards into releases Seamless integration with Jira"

• Cons

• "While there are some minor usability annoyances there is nothing major to complain about. I would love to see soon some better searching & filtering capability."

• "It is improving but the administration and management within the tool is a little bit less straightforward "

• "The design might be a little old-school, but generally all is good"

Browse StoriesOnBoard Reviews

Matt from SolutionStream

Really great tool with continual improvement

I really like the way it allows us to collaborate on stories, releases, and epics. Integrating with Jira is a very nice feature that is better and better with new releases. Also, adding an "undo" feature has been 100% excellent.

Pros

I like the collaboration between team members as well as between teams and clients. It solves the problem of telling the release/estimate story in a way that the client can have some influence!

Cons

User management is a bit tough. Even as an admin, adding yourself to an existing board makes it necessary to go find a different user management area, which is always strange.

Reasons for Switching to StoriesOnBoard

Needed more estimating features without complicated plugins.

JT from theCodery

Takes the pain out of sprint 0 and keeping your high-level vision in focus

I love this product! As a consultant product owner it brings sanity to an often crazy process of prioritizing an upcoming build phase. I have also had multiple good interactions with the support team when something isn't working right, as well as direct access with the engineering team to request new features.

Pros

Stories on board doesn't do everything, and that's why I love it. What it does it does very well and that is giving you a high-level view of your features and epics and a place to work on planning and grooming stories before they go into a build. I use it extensively to drop in features, stories, and tasks that are needed for a product build, often times before the structure of the build is fully realized. Once in the tool you can move stories around easily, split them if they're too big, combine similar stories together, and then push stories to Jira for managing sprints, and pulling the backlog from Jira to organize into upcoming sprints and releases.

Cons

As of this writing, there are two features that I need to make my life easier. 1. Stories on Board only connects to one instance of Jira, which is fine for product companies, but is insufficient for consulting shops that may use their own Jira as well as client Jira instances. Support for multiple Jira instances is on the roadmap, and I can't wait until it's there. 2. Swimlanes in Stories on Board represent releases in Jira, and I want to also have sprint-level swimlanes. There's an easy workaround to just use releases called Sprint 1, Sprint 2, etc, and that works, but is a bit more work than if it were a natively supported feature.

Response from DevMads

Replied April 2021

Hi JT, Thank you so much for your review on StoriesOnBoard. We know the JIRA integration is a big one and we're trying to improve it regularly. We really appreciate your input regarding swimlanes. Cheers, The Storiesonboard Team

Rohit from CHI

Feature mapping in virtual world

Pros

Ease of creating releases Business flow maps

Cons

No good editor No good linking of releases

Response from DevMads

Replied April 2021

Hi Rohit, Thank you for your feedback on StoriesOnBoard. We're sorry to hear you're not getting what you want out of our tool. Would you mind giving us more detailed feedback on what you're having difficulties with? Thank you & regards, The StoriesOnBoard Team

David from Point Health

Still the best story mapping tool in the market

Pros

Cons

I would have normally said the visual design aesthetics could have been improved but the latest set of updates have made a drastic difference. I wish the integration between JIRA & StoriesOnBoard would be more robust for Nextgen projects.

Reasons for Choosing StoriesOnBoard

Keyboard shortcuts! It's much more conducive for a power user.

Response from DevMads

Replied February 2021

Hi David, thank you very much for your feedback on our tool. Actually, we have just made story map creation a lot easier from JIRA projects, but unfortunately Nextgen projects are not supported by this feature. We're sorry that we can offer you a better solution for that, yet, but we'll definitely consider possible solutions. We hope you still find value in using the tool. Regards, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Jeremy from University of NE - Lincoln; Raikes School

Product Story Mapping on Student Projects

We use Stories on Board with our student teams to get them to understand the product/solution better than just diving into the coding. This system allow for them to really lay out the product in advance and then use the map to help everyone know where they are with their work.

Pros

I like the ability to be able to easily do the release planning right from your story map. Also the GitHub integration saved the teams a ton of time.

Cons

The user interface is still a little clunky. Sometimes you are not sure how to do a task so you have to try something and potentially back it out to correct things.

Reasons for Choosing StoriesOnBoard

I really liked all of the additional educational aspects that were with Stories on Board. Also, they really understood the story mapping process and how it should be visualized. It seemed that other systems really missed the mark on that.

Response from DevMads

Replied April 2021

Hi Jeremy, Thank you for your review on StoriesOnBoard. We are so happy to hear you found all our educative content helpful! In case you are having trouble finding anything, feel free to message our support team via the Intercom bubble, they are here to help. Cheers, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Kev from Switchplane

Useful, intuitive and scales well

Excellent. Their customer support is very responsive.

Pros

I manage around 7 products and being able to drag and drop stories into sprints and keep on top of sprint capacity is my favourite feature of this tool

Cons

You can't currently can't link to a story from one board to another.

Response from DevMads

Replied February 2021

Hi Kev, thank you so much for your review. We're glad you can stay on top of things, using StoriesOnBoard. Unfortunately, linking from one story to another is not available, but we are keen on adding new features regularly that can boost your productivity. Regards, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Vera from AppFollow

Great & easy tool for story mapping

I love stories on board and have definitely introduced 10+ people to it during my career

Pros

I have been using StoriesOnBoard for a few years already and this is my favorite tool in terms of dealing with complex projects. I love how easy and intuitive story mapping is and how great it is for planning MVPs and Development Phases and sharing it with the team. The tickets are easy to manage and the export options allow to add it as a presentation pitch.

Cons

The design might be a little old-school, but generally all is good

Response from DevMads

Replied January 2021

Hi Vera, Thank your for your review! It's highly appreciated. We've been working on the UI and hope the new dashboard has provided a much-needed facelift already. Cheers, StoriesOnBoard Team

Michael from Kapitus

Intuitive and Frictionless

It is the best storyboarding tool on the market.

Pros

This application makes story mapping simple and collaborative for distributed teams. The integration with Jira saves a tremendous amount of time and ensures that everyone is kept updated with the latest thinking.

Cons

I would like to see personas developed to allow for filtering and more complex journeys.

Reasons for Choosing StoriesOnBoard

I have used a multitude of storyboarding solutions over the years, this one is the best by far.

Response from DevMads

Replied February 2021

Hi Michael, thank you for your positive review on our tool. Actually, one of our latest new features includes filtering by personas. Find a detailed description on how it's done at the bottom of our last blog post: https://storiesonboard.com/blog/advanced-user-persona-design-for-user-story-mapping We really hope that helps. Cheers, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Kerry from Solution Stream

Does the main thing well, but needs an upgrade

StoriesOnBoard is a great tool to get your user stories written, organized, and prioritized. And another great thing about it is that you can then import those stories directly into Jira or other project management platforms to begin work. However, the the lack of realtime collaboration is definitely an Achille's heel, and the interface is still clunky. For example, you organize your stories in columns, but if you then want to create a 2nd iteration of the product, you have to use all the same columns, so the work for the 2nd iteration still includes ALL the columns from the first iteration, even if many of those columns had all of their work completed in the first iteration.

Pros

StoriesOnBoard is the primary tool used in my industry for organizing user stories, and the reason is because they are one of the first tools to come up with a nice, visual way to view all of your user stories together so that you can make planning and prioritization decisions. That being said, the platform hasn't really moved beyond that basic premise to provide the type of value product managers are looking for in a tool like this today.

Cons

Realtime collaboration doesn't exist in StoriesOnBoard. This is a major deficiency of the product. In today's world, tools like Miro are replacing StoriesOnBoard (even though they don't have easy ways to attach details or estimates to the stories) simply because they allow realtime collaboration by groups of people. Stories On Board is really only designed to have one person editing the board at a time.

Response from DevMads

Replied February 2021

Hi Kerry, We really appreciate your thoughts on our tool and fully agree with you. Our new dashboard was the first step towards an upgrade. Given your experiences with the tool, we would love to interview you, if you're open to that. Regards, STOB Team

Idowu from Boolean Labs

By far the best Story Mapping tool out there...

Overall, excellent product. Would recommend it in a heartbeat! And indeed, I have!

Pros

1. The intuitiveness of the User Experience. Almost needs no training. 2. The ease with with one can simulate a real-life story mapping experience on a traditional physical wall.

Cons

It's slightly unaffordable for 100% of my African clients. They can pay something, but they always run away whenever they see the price, even though they may have had a fantastic experience during our prior story-mapping sessions.

Response from DevMads

Replied April 2021

Hi Idowu, Thank you for you review and recommending our tool. We really appreciate our partnership. Cheers, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Christopher from Jidoka

Excellent tool to collaborate with a customer without pulling him into the complexity of eg. JIRA

I introduced the tool more than 6 years ago in the company I worked for at that time and reintroduced it in the company I'm currently working for. Currently it is completely embedded in our process from sales until delivery of software development projects and the ease of use and the steady addition of new features make that I don't see it being replaced soon. So for me as user and admin the experience is excellent.

Pros

The 3 elements that I like most is: - the easy of use during customer collaboration during definition and refinement of scope and planning, and - the easy integration with JIRA and Slack - the steady flow of new features and possibilities

Reasons for Choosing StoriesOnBoard

It is more than 6 years ago, and except for the JIRA plugins I don't recall.

Reasons for Switching to StoriesOnBoard

Multiple aspects like ease of use, but the main reason for this switch was that we only push tickets to JIRA when they are close to being put in development. It's much too much hassle to manage tons of ideas in JIRA. So I prefer a story map tool coupled but outside of JIRA.

Response from DevMads

Replied January 2021

Hi Christopher, Thank you for your detailed review on our tool. As an experienced story mapper, we would love to hear about your take on internal management and administration, if you're open to an interview. Regards, StoriesOnBoard Team

StoriesOnBoard provides a much needed holistic view of the project work that needs to be completed.

This software gives be a high level view of the work that needs to be implemented instead of just the current iteration's work. It is very easy to use and have the team participate.

Pros

StoriesOnBoard filled a gap between the planning meetings and the day to day project execution. Before it was difficult for the project team and manager to see the big picture of the goals of the project as we were either using a physical wall to track tasks or a task tracking tool. Having team members remote, it was very difficult to work just using a physical project board. StoriesOnBoard allows the entire team to see the board online, quickly see the status of the tasks and easily update the tasks. There is virtually no learning curve to use this product, which is very important to team members who need to use their allocated time to do the work for the project rather than trying to figure out how to use a project tracking tool. As the project manager, I also like the ability to export to a spreadsheet format.

Cons

We are an office 365 shop. Would like to see some type of integration there rather than just export.

Joe from Bluetext

Easy to use, easy to set up, but limited feature set

For the price, unbeatable. Easy to use and incredibly intuitive, even for employees unfamiliar with the story user story process.

Pros

Incredibly easy to set up, thanks to the very intuitive user interface. All features are clearly laid out and easy to comprehend.

Cons

Feature set, especially communication tools are limited. I wish I could more easily assign cards to a specific user, or leave a comment intended for a specific user.

Reasons for Choosing StoriesOnBoard

More complete feature set.

Pricing and functionality.

Response from DevMads

Replied April 2021

Hi Joe, Thank you for your review on StoriesOnBoard. Some other features are now on our backlog, but we'll definitely consider making some improvements to make collaboration easier. Cheers, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Eric from Canopy Tax, Inc.

Saves a ton of time and frustration. Great Jira integration

Saves me a lot of time and provides everything I need.

Pros

It's sticky notes on steroids. Easily the best online story mapping software I've used. Jira integration is awesome. I hate making Jira cards so being able to push and sync the work I do in StoriesonBoard to Jira is a major time/sanity saver. . Overall, it's very easy to set up, use and modify. There are a few oddities about it that are a little annoying, but overall it's been a great tool for me and my team.

Cons

These are very specific things that maybe just bother me but here they are. Rearranging releases could be easier (drag and drop maybe), the description section of the card is not scrollable when editing- have to use the arrow keys to see what above of below the fold. Adding color to a card is a little funny. Maybe just show all the available colors off the bat instead of selecting the colors you want to use before you can apply a color. Petty things, I know. :)

Stories on Board is a simple, easy to use agile user story mapping tool. Love it!

Fast and simple to set up and use Works great for facilitating agile story mapping workshops with business and IT stakeholders

Pros

My team used Stories on Board as our story mapping tool of choice for a requirements definition project with a client. We ran 8-10 story mapping workshops using the tool and documenting the stories as we progressed through the workshops. The client loved the tool as did we. It was very effective for capturing the stories, quickly moving things around as priorities shifted or became more clear (e.g., capturing Minimum Viable Product). We used the color coding feature extensively to help us and the client track which stories were (1) identified but not yet documented, (2) partially or full documented but not yet agreed, and (3) fully agreed by the client. It was effective at capturing the major workflow associated with the epic-level story, and then breaking those down into individual story cards. We assessed a few other tools but found them to be too complicated and/or too expensive for what we needed. We wanted something simple and Stories on Board fit our need.

Cons

Our client didn't use the tool, so we had to export everything into Excel and/or Word for delivery to them at the end of the process, which was a bit cumbersome. Not really a knock on the tool though; would have been easier if the client would have just used the tool also!

Daniel from Tealbook

Storiesonboard allows our team to plan and create releases for upcoming features

This software has transformed my workflow from helping me translate a massive story map during project discovery to helping me continue creating stories and building releases for features that we continue to deliver. I can't imagine my workflow without it.

Pros

- You can easily create releases - Creating stories and adding pictures is great - Github integration really helps us push and track our stories and how we deliver on them - It is extremely easy to copy your story map into storiesonboard and continue to maintain it from there

Cons

- The only only at the moment is that managing releases is not the best. You need to go into a separate menu just to move releases around. When working with micro releases this is a hassle.

Daniel from Bedtime for Big Monsters

Hands down the most comprehensive story mapping tool available today.

Team alignment, quality delivery, easy to see the forest for the trees and keep tabs on project status, and to zero in on the problems and bottlenecks.

Pros

Two way sync with Trello, Jira, Github, and Tracker integration makes it an easy choice no matter what engineering or development team prefers. Awesome for bridging and focusing upon product management and strategy prior to committing to development.

Cons

The only thing missing for me, last time I checked, was attachment sync and maybe showing card covers.

Great product for forming a product backlog & visualizing customer journey with teams

I am a fan of the story mapping process and StoriesOnBoard does the right things to allow collaboration around that process. It's hugely helpful for building a board and not worrying about the tool. It's easy enough to use that you can dive right in. We use it to improve our early project planning and have definitely seen the benefit throughout the life of the project.

Pros

Love the intuitive interface--easy to search your workspace, cards feel real, two level collapsed board view, story map panning & zooming works great. Good keyboard shortcuts. Overall I'd describe it as streamlined and pleasant to use. They highlight counts of cards, allow you to use labels, collapse and expand, manage users & see an activity feed, etc. Yes, you can connect your workspace to your JIRA instance and keep cards synchronized between map & project. I get the feeling that the team cares about delivering a great product to their users from the updates they make and the tone/content of the newsletter.

Cons

Like many comparable software products, you must upgrade to have the import/export functionality or JIRA integration. I also wish there were an easier way to share a snapshot of a board. Sometimes I need to share a view of the board with a stakeholder, I want them to be able to quickly view without having to login, and a PDF or screenshot won't cut it.

Jessica from S3

Story mapping made simple

Pros

I can easily view my short term and long term plans, and share them with my distributed team. The connection to Jira makes getting the next batch up requirements to the dev team quick and easy.

Cons

It only allows for one integration per story map, so managing one product tied to multiple projects in Jira can be difficult.

Venkataramana from Taylor & Francis Group

Industry: Publishing

It is an must have tool for all organizations which have multiple depended projects.

Pros

It gives a one place access to get information on all running projects. It has some excellent options to customize and group the cards based on the type of work, Project. The swim lines options is very useful in prioritizing the work.

Cons

The UI/UX has to be tweaked a bit to be more keyboard friendly. There are not many keyboard shortcuts. Deleting a card is bit painful as it is a 2 step process.

Jake from Deseret Digital Media

Using the product for road-mapping and stakeholder presentations.

A clear description of our product road map that we can use to communicate to stakeholders.

Pros

It's simple to follow the flow of what we are working on as a product team. The parent-child relationships of the cards make features and functionality easy to define for stakeholders and team members.

Cons

Would love to see some more flexibility in how cards can be created and managed. More layers would also be helpful.

Oveis from Systemgroup

Story mapping experience by StiriesOnBoard

Pros

It supports persona and activity and user steps completely and gives a quite big picture of a product backlog

Cons

Ease of use Nice and complete big picture of a product backlog

Leo from Forte

Very helpful for story mapping.

Pros

Cons

Drag and drop feature doesn't work very when there is a lot of cards and you need to scroll something down outside the current view. Integration only works with 1 Jira instance, would nice to be able to connect to multiple.

Daniel from Computer Software

Awesome product to organise your epics and user stories

Improved transparency and collaboration for our team

Pros

One of the best story mapping tool I came across. Very easy to navigate around, manage & categorise stories, releases/milestones planning, Jira integration, export to excel... Has all the flexibility we need at the right price.

Raphael from Rebuliço

A great product for Story Maps

Me and my team created great StoryMaps with it. It really has all you can ask for in the StoryMapping business. But, after some time, we moved to another platform that integrated Story Maps with other processes of our workflow.

Pros

Of all the products with some sort of feature for creating Story Maps, ProductsOnBoard surely is the one that gives the user the best experience and feel for that important and strategic work. It has the features that you expect and the keyboard shortcuts work as they should, giving the user a great user interface.

Cons

StoriesOnBoard is a Story Mapping tool. And thats it. As a starting entrepreuner sometimes we have to choose wisely where to put the money. And, for small businesses, paying for a platform that will have only one use in your workflow maybe is not the smarter choice.

Billy from Headway

Cutting releases

Really enjoy the way we've incorporated it into our overall process

Pros

I like the ability to work thought what we need and don't need every release and walk our clients through each element and really let them drive the process.

Cons

Things can be a bit clunky, less now with the new UI refresh.

Response from DevMads

Replied April 2021

Hi Billy, Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so glad to hear that you're getting real value out of story mapping. As for user experience, we know the app is a bit old-fashioned so we're trying to make continuous updates to the interface. Cheers, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Great Tool for easy storyboarding

We are trying to identify gaps in functionality with our product and StoriesOnBoard helps us clearly find and fill those gaps by allowing us to see what functionality we have and haven't thought of yet.

Pros

The ease of use when coming up with epics, features and user stories.

Cons

I would like if there was a way to enlarge the cards, so those with larger titles aren't cut off and need to be clicked to view the name in entirety. Also, I would like if there was a way to add notes/comments to the board at-large, not just to individual cards.

Very simple process, timely delivery, great customer service and good review.

Pros

Convenient, cost effective and simple. There is a wide selection of products that are often offered at a lower price than retail. They also have great sales. Amazon prime is a great option for anyone using the software as it guaranties satisfaction and timely arrival.

Cons

Hard to tell name brands vs imitations and quality. Assessing size/fit is difficult. I have ordered glasses for example, that were supposed to be polarized Ray Bans, however upon arrival they clearly were not authentic. Be weary of non-amazon prime content.

Raza from Appian Corporation

Great Product Could Be Even Better

Pros

Very intuitive, easy to collaborate with others in it, love the integration with JIRA.

Cons

Moving cards in bulk would vastly improve the user experience. When we're trying to leverage the release feature, it's time consuming to move cards one by one.

Response from DevMads

Replied April 2021

Hi Raza, Thank you for your review. To be honest, moving cards in bulk has been on our radar for a while now. We hear you! It's still under the consideration phase as it would make the movement of epic level cards complicated. We're, however, making small improvements continuously, we hope you'll find useful. Cheers, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Robin from Appian

Great for remove sprint 0

Pros

My company uses this for our story maps and it has been an easy way to get our cards from the in-person sessions to the online view. While we have remote sprint 0s, we have used SOB online to replace the in-person session.

Cons

There is no way to move multiple cards at once with a ctrl+click or shift+click.

Response from DevMads

Replied January 2021

Hi Robin, Thank you for your meaningful feedback. As for multiple card selection, it has been a feature in discussion, but the logic of placing them correctly is rather ambiguous. It's not always clear where they should go. Regards, StoriesOnBoard Team

James from Brookdale Senior Living

Good app overall

Great organization, and it provides an easy way for my product owner to capture product vision/roadmap and build out user stories/epics from this tool.

Pros

I love how easy it is to build out and arrange/rearrange a story map. The navigation features are very easy to pick up or intuit. Love the structure, release lanes, and ability to export the story map to Excel.

Cons

I would like it if there was an easier way to indicate/tag a task with one or more personas. Currently there's nothing set up to address this specifically. Color-coding can be used, but then would like a way to create a type of persona legend for quick visual queing. Would also like the ability to create page breaks in the text field.

Useful tool for backlog initiation

Pros

It's a good way of viewing your epics/themes in one place, and is easier to use at initiation than Jira.

Cons

It's still quite feature poor, so we ended up using Jira as a team for sprint by sprint development, although I keep stories on board up for my long term backlog.

Used StoriesOnBoard to engage users, discuss priorities and clarify requirements

I feel StoriesOnBoard really added value to our project. A great, non-intrusive way to manage your user stories. Also, any queries we had were quickly picked up by the team. Great tool.

Pros

The software is extremely intuitive and very visually oriented. This allows non-technical project members to understand and use it in no time at all. We used it mostly during meetings and as a collaboration tool. The software can do much, much more but we needed it first and foremost to communicate and get a shared feeling of what the project result should be.

Cons

Would have liked some more attributes to categorize cards.

Marco from DER Touristik GmbH

Easy way to manage your User Stories

We could build a quick overview over all our User Stories and so we had always the progress in view. Our next projects will also be implemented with the help of storiesonboard.

Pros

Easy editing, fast overview over all stories Just the right amount of features - has what you need, isn't complicated. Also with the small license with only one admin you can use many "read accounts"

Cons

unfortunately there is no offline functionality, It would be great if you could host the whole thing locally

Story Mapping Online App with Lots of Supportive Learning Materials

I became interested in product management and started to learn different product management techniques. I've read about story mapping and decided to try it out. I tried different online tools: cardboardit.com, featuremap.co and StoriesOnBoard looked the most appealing. It offers neat design, some additional features that the competitors don't have, e.g. add personas. However, what I liked most of all was that they also provide free educational materials. You are not left alone with the tool, you can get a free ebook, links to different materials, see different examples, etc. Highly recommend to check this tool out.

Pros

* User friendly and visually appealing tool * Free trial * Learning materials * More useful features than their competitors

Cons

That's not a con, rather I wish they had some free plans for users who don't user Story Mapping regularly, just from time to time.

Sachin from Sony India Software Centre Pvt. Ltd.

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Excellent tool

Pros

Stories managed in one place without cluttering of additional detail which is not required for stories.

Cons

Mobile option is not that great and may need improvement also it will good if can have bots for managing it.

Paul from Rakuten

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Really convenient but UI could be improved and warmer

Pros

Overall view of stories and ability to export to JIRA, very convenient for POs to show stakeholders how we split product lots

Cons

The UI could be improved and adding attached files made easier

Response from DevMads

Replied March 2021

Hi Paul, thank you for your honest feedback. We're actively working on the UI (as you have probably seen with the new dashboard) and hope to make the tool easier to use. Regards, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Carlos from Lockheed Martin

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great tool to visualize Azure DevOps

Great platform to collaborate with others in virtual meetings. I like being able to add new stories or work items and being able to sync them with ADO

Pros

It integrates with ADO easily. I can visualize the development of a project easily.

Cons

It needs more integration with Microsoft products. I wish the same level of integration was placed as it is in Jira.

User base and longevity.

Response from DevMads

Replied February 2021

Hi Carlos, it's so refreshing to read a UX pro's feedback. Thank your for your valuable insight. Stay tuned for more Microsoft integrations, one might even be on the way! Regards, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Simple tool allows me to story map a large project before and during software development

Pros

I love all of the features. It's hardly missing anything. Very simple to use, fairly priced, no bugs that I'm aware of.

Cons

I would love an integration with Aha! so that I can view and edit my stories there before pushing them to JIRA.

Yash from Appian Corporation

Digitalize your sticky notes and task board

Pros

The best feature I like about this software is the integration with JIRA. The card integrates will JIRA and its on my board. The other great thing about it is that we can divide the project into multiple releases.

Cons

Not sure if we had an option to reverse integrate from JIRA stories to stories on board. This would be a good addition as existing projects could be onboarded easily.

Response from DevMads

Replied April 2021

Hi Yash, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you're getting a lot of value out of our JIRA integration. We have a two way sync with JIRA which you can find more info about here: http://docs.storiesonboard.com/en/?q=jira If you're still having trouble setting it up, drop us a message via the Intercom widget! We're here to help. Cheers, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Wilfrido from Pengo

Bettter Usr Story Maps

Stories on Board help me to make my discovery process even better, you can easily map your product, prioritize your user stories, plan your releases and come up with a simple and useful visual solutions to share with non-thecnical stakeholders

Pros

Stories on Board it a really easy to use applications, its a really helpful tool to make your product discoveries easier or even your product maps.

Cons

The only thing that personally really dislike its the option to move cards between columns, you need to do it one by one, maybe a bulk option could best.

Ian from Scottish Water

Industry: Utilities

StoriesOnBoard Review

No additional comments

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use, and functional. That's it.

Cons

Look and feel is a little flat compared with similar tools

Patrick from Woodward, Inc.

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Very easy and intuitive to use.

Pros

Ease of use. It's very intuitive for someone new to the product to jump in and get a pretty good idea of what's going on very quickly.

Cons

I would like an easier way to view the "color key" that we use throughout the story map. I always find myself clicking into individual, random cards when I need to view what color represents what.

Luis from Pacasmayo

Easy onboarding, fast mapping and quick collaboration

I started today and I already finished mapping the application I'm currently working on. I love the big picture and one page sum up of all the story mapping.

Pros

The ease of use and the user-friendly environment.

Cons

There was a Microsoft alike design. Personally I dislike Microsoft look&feel.

Sarah from Impac

Perfect for sharing our physical map with team members in other offices

Pros

It works in the same way I'd story map with physical post-its/cards so it fits perfectly into our process. It does what it does well, is simple and easy to use. I really like the fact that I can give my entire team view only access without having to pay for additional licenses.

Wilfrido from Pengo

Not so easy to use if you try to move more than 1 card to another place.

an easy way to express the client in a digital way a story map

Pros

The possibility to make a story map, is a novel tool, easy to use in some aspects, integration with tools like Jira is simple and easy to use. the view of 2 and 3 levels seems like a good idea.

Cons

313/5000 exchanging cards between columns is so simple, in some cases it is complicated, we do not have a possibility of moving in lots or multiple selection of cards, it creates a card is not so simple, there is no quick search, the printing option is not friendly, export in XLS could be better.

Robert from LifeWay Christian Resources

Industry: Publishing

We Love StoriesOnBoard

Pros

The ease of card creation and organization, along with the collaboration abilities, makes this the strongest app for us in laying out our epics and stories.

Cons

Some of the newer features are beginning to crowd out the core features.

Response from DevMads

Replied January 2021

Hi Robert, Thank you for your helpful review on our tool. We've been actively working on the UI e.g. the new dashboard and try to make it less crowded. Hope that the end result will make the core product easy to use. Cheers, StoriesOnBoard Team

Tim from MMT Digital

Easy to use and great tool for collaborating across different teams

Great experience so far, super easy to get started, use and to collaborate on the fly with colleagues and clients!

Pros

Ease of use, particularly important when facilitating live client workshops. Visibility of journeys in real time and ability to iterate on the fly and re-prioritise as new insights/re-evaluations of backlogs occur.

Cons

None I can think of, allbeit I'd describe myself as a relatively basic functionality users.

Response from DevMads

Replied January 2021

Hi Tim, Thank you for your review on our tool. Since you use it with customers, we would love to heard about your experience and workflows, if you'd be open for an interview. Cheers, StoriesOnBoard Team

John from Simon Business School, University of Rochester

Simple & Powerful

I will use the tool in an Applied Product Management class for MBAs to create customer journey maps (now and later), and iterations for proposed solutions. To learn the tool I am using it to map the components/modules for the entire class - which is working great.

Pros

- very intuitive - very straight forward - nothing "in the way" - it is exactly what it says it is - pro-active support that accelerates use

Cons

- I have not found any challenges yet

Anna from SoftServe

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

great tool for story mapping technique

I couldn't find any other tool for Story mapping online, so it was really great to experience it and outline story mapping for the project, have a really good picture, share it and discuss together with colleagues.

Pros

I really like the ease of creating cards and that I can share it online and collaborate with colleges. Also the new feature - tagging of the user jorney's is really good.

Cons

I'd like to see more flexibility in release lanes, sometimes there is a lot of white space between cards, maybe as an idea, have a release as an attribute and the line would be drawn by itself once card is assigned to release