• Pros

• "Very easy to use with drag and drop functionality. Very nice api to plug into the data. Like the organization of the tasks, stories, etc. Very well laid out. Makes it easy to manage our stuff."

• "The UI is great, you can easily create cards, track progress and more for your team. Also you can manage the theme of the dashboard, I loved it."

• "It's easy and friendly. It really helps you to coordinate you stuff."

• Cons

• "perhaps it is very strict with the methodologies to use: it gives much importance to the estimation by points, etc ... but it is a good tool for both scrum and kanban"

• "Kanban board is the best way to keep track of tasks but makes it easy to lose track of stories that don't have individual tasks created on them."

• "The UI sometimes gets distorted on some resolutions."

Browse Taiga Reviews

Juan Jose from Peach Solutions

Cool tool to organize the job for your team

We were using taiga for over 1 year to manage a team of software developers. Since we were using SCRUM for agile methodology, taiga was the chosen tool to complete the work

Pros

Cons

It is a little bit expensive and you can create just 1 project for free, after that you need to pay.

Sylvia from Balandra Software

A very easy start

Pros

Starting to work in a small team with Taiga is just easy. We haven't gone for the full integration of the development lifecycle and we are ok with that: we think that the cost involved is way too high for the value it brings, as ours is a composite architecture. It is friendly, clear and nice to use. Simple.

Cons

I miss the opportunity to see the history of a given item and its evolution.

Reasons for Choosing Taiga

We are a small team and our issues are more about coordination than control. The big names are more on the control side, with lots of funcionalities around workflows and automation. We are not yet there.

Reasons for Switching to Taiga

Mantis is too much ticket oriented. Taiga caters also for the enhancement work pipeline.

Response from Taiga

Replied September 2020

Hi Sylvia, thanks for your review! Have you checked the comments and activity timeline for both user stories and subtask? This provides the history and allows to audit changes both on a project level in the project timeline as well as on user story/subtask level in their respective views

A good product for the price given.

Finally a product with which the management was happy (attractive price). People (developers) finally started to use ONE product for keeping track of development of different products & projects and things are now handled in Taiga instead in txt files, SVN commit comments etc. Its easier to keep track of the development status of a product - but every member of team must use Taiga regularly - which was the hardest part to agree on.

Pros

We chose Taiga over other similar available products because of the price and its simplicity. Its good for tracking progress of development, issues and options for adding custom user inputs. Integrations with other platforms is a plus.

Cons

Easy (simple) reporting for management (weekly, monthly) would be a nice-to-have function. Sometimes the website works a bit slow. Wiki pages could work a bit better. Automatic reminder for issues that were not updated (touched by anyone) in some period would be good to have as well.

Geronimo from Qinetix

Easiest application with the right amount of features

Taiga helped us a lot to organize our projects and keep track of tasks. I like that it'ss simple and not overloaded with functionalities. Configuration and customization of project can be done in minutes.

Pros

Taiga is not overloaded with features like other applications. The learning curve is very short because of that and the UX is very intuitive.

Reasons for Choosing Taiga

Originally it was free and that was convenient but also the ease of use.

Response from Taiga

Replied September 2020

Hi Geronimo, thanks for your feedback. It would be good to understand a bit better your use case on tracking tasks on the Kanban board

Gonzalo from Secuoyas

Easy to use, 100% customizable and very high performance

Pros

We have used it mainly as a kanban board and it fits perfectly to our needs. It allows us to easily replicate our workflow and has saved many hundreds of hours of management and communication both within the team and with the customer. It is fast and its usability is excellent, reducing to the maximum the number of clicks to perform actions. Highly recommended.

Cons

The SCRUM features were less suited to our needs, although we did not fully explore them.

Reasons for Switching to Taiga

The previous tool was old, chaotic and had an ugly design

Response from Taiga

Replied September 2020

Hi Gonzalo, thanks for you reveiew

Eycke from appmeisterei GmbH

Overall a vey good product

Pros

It's the ease if use, even for our clients. Mainly we use the ticket system which is outstanding. Also it runs very stable with almost no downtime.

Cons

I don't like the new pricing system where we have to pay a lot more due to calculation per member. We develop quite small software projects, but testing on client side often needs 6-8 people, which makes Taiga quite expensive. A feature based pricing would be much better.

Reasons for Switching to Taiga

Jira was way to complex for our clients. Trello was not structured enough and has no ticket system

Response from Taiga

Replied September 2020

Hi Eycke, thanks for your feedback

Yves from Acqiris

Project and issues management which is not time consuming

We finally have a useful project and issues management tool that we keep up-to-date without eating up too much time. Not everybody likes it - because their favourite and "absolutely necessary" feature is missing ;) And that is fine.

Pros

The simplicity of Taiga is its best feature! Keep it simple to avoid becoming too complicated to use (like so many other project management tools) and too time consuming to properly manage. There are custom attributes, and if you need more than a handful of those you're headed for the swamp. This is a tool, a means to an end, not an end in itself.

Cons

The reporting is a bit too rudimentary. There is a need to extract meaningful information, by applying filters (and also on custom attributes). I currently have to do this outside of Taiga, which is somewhat cumbersome.

Simplicity and cost.

Response from Taiga

Replied September 2020

Thanks Yves for your review!

Juan Francisco from Devo

Taiga is nice collaboration tool between different organizations

Taiga is an easy and complete tool that provides excellent Agile collaboration and sharing funcionalities.

Pros

Taiga covers the whole left by most of similar software when it is needed as a collaboration tool between different organizations. The way it is licensed allows to easily share and collaborate between parties without the company boundaries found in other software models.

Cons

The integration and migration functionalities with other platforms

Reasons for Choosing Taiga

Because it allows sharing and collaborating

Response from Taiga

Replied September 2020

Thanks Juan Francisco for your feedback. We are currently working on an upgrade of our integrations. We expect to have that live end of the year

Bastien from Mushin

I mostly like taiga at work. I manage ten projects and can easily share those.

- Rapidity - Historization of tasks - Social around specifications - WorkFlow from ideation to deployment - Ease of communication with partners around multiple projects

Pros

- Workflow configuration, many options around status - MD for the content of US & Tasks - Comments & actictivities for the US & Tasks - Vote & Tag management - Ease of search

Cons

- Pay to get multiple project on the Mobile App - Some feature "hard to find" - Some important nice feature missing in my process (ex 1 when you promote an issue to a US, you need to keep attachment and such things) (ex 2 hard to use Kanban & Scrum for the same project) - lack of tutorials for new features (never manage to drag&drop multiple cards) - Need to improve backlog priorization - Link between projects, import, export need

great open source option

i think that is the best free alternative to run projects

Pros

ts a great free open source option to run teams and projects. easy to use, cool user interface andexperience . integrations with gitlab, totally customizable

Cons

confrence calls can work better. it sually freezes. the option Is relatively new and has room for improvement

reduce costs

Response from Taiga

Replied September 2020

Thanks for your review. Let's see whether we can get our conference call function more stable

Valberg from Neami National

The best Kanban board we have found

Love the tool, being in AUS the servers can run slow from time to time but most of the time it is responsive. There is no tool out there that is as intutive to use.

Pros

All Agile tools are limited but they are limited in different ways. Taiga is the only one I keep coming back to. It's Kanban board is the most intuitive we have found and it is simple yet feature complete as a 'product backlog'.

Cons

Like all agile tools, managing multiple teams with multiple products running multiple projects is difficult. As long as you pick one of the 3 dimensions to manage the tool works great. I would like to see a burndown feature where I can mix and match the 3 dimensions at will. I have yet to find a tool (besides a spreadsheet) that allows me to do that.

Reasons for Choosing Taiga

Other tools were not as flexible and intuitive.

Reasons for Switching to Taiga

Other tools were not as flexible and intuitive.

Response from Taiga

Replied September 2020

Thanks Valberg for your review! We are working on a multi project dashboard. Would be great to better understand your use case to see how it can help is create the optimal design for that.

Well designed and provides the tool set required to tackle projects.

Team productivity and management has been simplified. Progress tracking and reporting has become easier when we break down tasks to the bare bones. The Slack and GitLab integrations have been nice for modifying tickets from commits and merges.

Pros

The Kanban board is my favorite feature for tracking feature development status. The progress bar of what has been completed on the Kanban page is very nice as a progress indicator when informing clients of progress on certain features. The custom fields have been convenient for billing purposes and the ease of use when moving tickets around is nice and fun to do.

Cons

The issues board often ends up with a lot of smaller features that can be categorized as "Enhancements" but it's still confusing that their under the Issues umbrella and even their URL's say issue. A way to have enhancements that don't qualify for a full story, but are not an actual issue/bug should be categorized in a different why, or at least represented differently.

Jim from Triple E Group

Very Good Framework - What you get out of the software is exactly what you put into it.

Pros

- Easy to switch between projects - Ease of assigning story points - Dashboard

Cons

- You have to manually indicate an epic has stated (this should be automatic once a task has been marked in progress or complete) - More guidance/Best Practices would be helpful. A challenge because of wide-variety of use, but it would helpful to get folks started - It takes effort to figure out what works/doesn't work

Reasons for Switching to Taiga

I wanted software that was less autocratic and had less overhead when using it.

Response from Taiga

Replied September 2020

Hi Jim, thanks for you review! I agree that it would be more logical that an Epic moves to started after any of the user stories have started. However we want users to have the possibility to customize stages for Epics. That makes it hard to automatically change the status

Mark from IM Flash

Industry: Computer Hardware

Have not found anything better to manage our sprints... very intuitive and has a nice clean look

Helped manage our sprints

Pros

Cons

Would like the ability to drag multiple items on the backlog, not just the Kanban. Be nice to be able to add a story when looking at a sprint, rather than add to the backlog and then have to drag it into the sprint. Be nice to have a filter on the taskboard for a particular user... so I could say just show me my stuff and it would only show stories and tasks assigned to me Not a fan of the new pricing model... not sure I will be able to get my manager to continue

Chase from Intempus

The best agile project management tool is Taiga

Pros

When JIRA didn't meet our needs, we analyzed every tool on the market and decided on Taiga due to it having the lowest number of clicks per action in our workflow. Its easy to get started with, the search features are fantastic, and it scales well from tiny projects to monsters.

Cons

We use almost exclusively the issue tracker because of it is the most flexible and has the best searching/ordering of the Taiga views. However, issues can't be owned by user stories or epics, which limits our ability to organize large projects. I wish issues could be used as children of larger scope items like epics.

Luisana from Analiticom

Taiga is the tool to organize the tasks of all my projects

This tool has allowed me to organize, control and follow each of the assigned tasks for the execution of all my projects.

Pros

What I like most about software taiga is that it allows me to organize the tasks of my projects well and have control of them, since the programmer must indicate when a task is in progress or when the task is finished, besides allowing us to know the Development time of each one. It is also super useful because you can add the client and the same can see how the development of your project is and follow up.

Cons

Although I really like Taiga and I use it in all my projects, it would be interesting to have a mobile application, in which to have a summary of each project and be able to have the status without a computer necessarily.

Rick from JCAII

Software Dev Manager who's used more than 50 web-based project management tools with Agile teams.

Easy adoption, allows us to view project priorities in the nice high-level overview of the kanban as well as break down stories in more detail using subtasks and epics.

Pros

Love the kanban display. Out of the 50+ products I've used, the kanban view of Taiga is my favorite hands down! And I love the way your sub tasks/stories work.

Cons

hate when scrolling side to side in the kanban and my browsers back and forward through history is invoked, especially when it causes me to lose a detailed user story I'm in the middle of typing :(

David from Burke Software and Consulting

Visually appealing and nice if you follow it's workflow

Pros

Visually it's the best of what I've seen. So many project management applications look terrible, so Taiga is refreshing in that aspect. The user story vs task is a good fit when your workflow matches that - ie making user stories first, adding them to a sprint, adding specific tasks to them. Open source is always a good thing. I messed around with the api a little bit and it seemed easy enough to use.

Cons

I was never able to actually convince a workplace to switch to Taiga because it lacks the level of customization that some other project management tools have. I don't use it personally because Gitlab has such nice project management tools built in and I love having everything in one system. Taiga seems to be positioned in between the simple but integrated tools of Gitlab and the complex/ugly interfaces of Redmine. Being placed in the middle makes it not a great fit for any particular project. Taiga shines when using the User Story + Sprint + tasks breakdown. However not every project needs that. Using just the kanban board helps - but Taiga doesn't really mimic the custom workflows that an app like Redmine or Jira can do.

Sébastien from Bertin It

I'm using this software as developer team manager. Everyone like it in the team.

A great Agile organisation helper.

Pros

It's made by developers for developers. Very well thought and made. The philosophy is very comprehensible. And more, with a great U/X skill.

Cons

The price who exploded this year ! Considering the size of our team, we can't follow ! However, there could be only a little change that make us happy and still paying : don't make us pay inactive users (and handle the feature of inactive users of course)!

Remi from Wizbii

Really great tool! Taiga has allowed us to get rid of all other Scrum tools we were using

Much much easier to use than Jira.

Pros

It is really easy to use, everyone has boarded really quickly with it. We were previously using lots of different tools from Google Spreadsheet to JIRA. Taiga is much simpler to use. I don't see any other tool that would match our requirements.

Cons

User Interface feels a bit old: it might be a bit shinier. We've also tried to install the Open Source version on our server using Docker but the documentation was pretty poor at the time. Finally, we've decided to use the hosted version and we are really happy with it: it is not really expensive.

Dasun from C F T Ceylon (Pvt) Ltd

You can manage your projects using one single application.

It help us to mange our projects & practice the agile process. This is a very good tool to use for an software company.

Pros

1. Team board inspire the employees to achieve their targets. 2. KANBAN board is a very useful part of the taiga. Because you can have the idea about your project status & you can manage the tasks. 3. You can get a idea about all the project tasks using the backlog & also its provide the overall summary. 4. The notifications are display on the Timeline & by clicking on the users name & available links system can redirect to the mention issues & users action history.

Cons

1. Its feel like screens are more complicated. For a user it will take time to adopt with the system & mange them.

Subasinghe from Financial Services

Manage the projects without the headaches

We are able to manage both project management & issue tracking using this application. So we no needed to have multiple applications.

Pros

-- KANBAN board helps to manage & measure the project status. -- Can add the issues for the ongoing project. -- Team board will provide the details about team spirit. -- Timeline display the notifications of all the changes done by users & clicking on the users' name can extract the history of the respective users' works. -- Backlog display the overall summary of the projects & display all tasks.

Cons

-- Its little bit confusing working with different kinds of screens. -- There have some terms that users cannot understand them easily until they figure it out.

Sarah from Information Technology & Services

Taiga is a useful tool for daily stand up and scrum planning

Very positive. We use it daily and have had very little issues with it. Great product.

Pros

Our team have particularly liked the colour-coding function for tasks relating to projects in Kanban, as well as the burndown function in the scrum setting.

Cons

We find it difficult to keep individual scrum boards updated in projects when our stand up is in the Kanban board. It would be good to have a way to link them.

UX and open sourced

Response from Taiga

Replied September 2020

Hi Sarah, thanks for your review! It would be great to understand a bit better your use case to see whether we can do something about it

Andrew from Overlay Consulting

Industry: Civil Engineering

We needed a system for tracking issues/user stories as our project grew, Taiga seemed best

Taiga made managing multiple projects with dozens of users easily. But the pricing change makes it too expensive for a small company (< 10 internal users)

Pros

Taiga is simple to use, and easy for nearly anyone, even non-technical helpdesk and clients can use it and understand what they are doing.

Cons

A big reason we chose Taiga was their pricing model, a flat rate for 25 users. That model changed recently to a per-user per month basis. We need multiple accounts for external clients as well as internal users and this pricing model makes it too expensive for a small company. We are/were grandfathered in for the duration of our contract, which when it expires, we will move away from Taiga.

The tool is seamless, lightweight; my team finds it very intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

Lightweight and user experience makes the software standout from it's competition. Although we have not used the API and the integration capabilities, we are excited for the possibilities that exist for making the product handshake with the other tools that we use internally.

Cons

We'd like to see the tool evolve and become more customizable so the end-users have more control towards configuring the dashboard and the elements they maybe interested in. Another area where the tool can be better is reporting and metrics. Support for basic scrum/agile reporting metrics (burndown chart, etc.) can help teams.

Somangshu from HireaJackal

Good and Rich functionalities, Not a great user experience

Managing project milestones, cost and resource planning at ease.

Pros

The implementation of agile concepts are done really well, Helps us manage our project cost and resource bandwidth easily.

Cons

The user experience and the interface if not really great and easy to understand. Needs a little work

NARENDAR from datagaps inc.

Helped us get more organized on the issues and enhancements

Pros

1. The current plan of 5 projects without restriction on the number of users for a fixed monthly price was good for us. 2. The tagging and search feature is very good 3. Ability to add Custom attributes is also very good

Cons

1. I got an email recently that the current plan will not be offered next year. We will be charged per user. We may look at other options. 2. No integration with TFS.

Stefan from En-com / MOMENTR

The tool that makes our projects work

Information on project

Pros

The ease to follow a project. To have insights on the works of your team. All project information in one spot.

Cons

The software is not mobile ready. There is no app. You can also not create templates to create new projects.

Sukhpreet from Net Solutions

Taigatized

Our organisation have been using taiga from ptoject management. It has been a great experience. You can manage your tasks and project velocity effectively.

Pros

Taiga is very flexible in terms of ptoject management . It provides kanban and scrum templates. Task management is really easy. Project velocity can be tracked easily. Issue management is handled nicely.

Cons

The UI sometimes gets distorted on some resolutions.

Guillermo from CoHispania

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Taiga is the best Scrum manager for very small teams

Pros

It's easy and friendly. It really helps you to coordinate you stuff.

Cons

For sure the pricing when applied to more than 3 members. Also it will be great to have private projects in the free mode.

Taiga is very easy to use and to customize to our needs.

An easy way to create and follow tasks in Kanban and Agile. A customizable product, easy to use and not expansive.

Pros

The customization because we don't follow a production pipeline that fits perfectly in one management theory. We combine different management theory to fit our needs and this is possible with Taiga. We also really like the cheap price.

Cons

We didn't had the occasion to use it deeper because we are between projects. But we think that it would be nice to track more the time users pass on some tasks and have a tool for customizable timesheets.

We've been using Taiga for about 14 months to track software and content projects.

We were able to organise projects for about 40 people on several teams without having to spend what something like JIRA costs.

Pros

It's very flexible and lets us adapt the Kanbans to our needs for each team. The reports generated are good.

Cons

It has connectivity issues at times. Perhaps needs an infrastructure upgrade. Cannot bulk remove or delete items from the backlog.

Taiga needs more time to catch up

Project management, product management, issue tracking.

Pros

Tiaga is easy to set up, has the core product management features you need, and offers multiple strategies out of the box. There are also easy ways to manage open source projects, including tools to find volunteers and share product plans. Overall, the functionality is what you expect for a basic project management tool.

Cons

Taiga lacks the advanced and comfort features that make the job easy. This includes easy Kanban-style ticketing view, full customization, higher level project management (epics), and a fair pricepoint. While you can host Taiga yourself and add this customization, as it is open sourced, few will have the time or patience to do this. These issues do not make Taiga impossible to use or recommend, but will frustrate users of JIRA or Pivotal.

David from SetPay

Has become the main tool of my work day

is a super easy to use product but with all the functionalities that a startup needs

Pros

The learning curve is minimal and greatly facilitates the use of non-technical profiles. On the other side, its powerful api and the webhooks have allowed us to automate some processes.

Marcio from Joyjet Digital Space Agency

Best project management software out there.

Pros

It's a great project management tool and easily better than the other solutions we use with other clients (pivotal tracker, forecast, gitlab and trello).

Cons

Needs better mobile support and does not have time tracking and budget tracking features. Needs better sprint creation/edit too.

Thomas from Make It Live Consulting

Industry: Defense & Space

Very good app that does what is is asked too

Very good

Pros

Focuses on productivity and simplicity on its core features, scrum & kanban. Not only simple too use but simple to deploy. Just what I need. Now I can spend time producing.

Cons

Probably little lack in nice and graphical reporting I still haven't found how to easily do multi-selection.

simplicity

Response from Taiga

Replied September 2020

Hi Thomas, thanks for your review. We are working on a new look and feel and plan to release that end of this year including a multi project view

Arthur from Arkgo Ventures

Great tool

Great planning tool

Pros

Great replacement for Trello. Much easier to use than Atlassian. Useful kanban board. Can add lots of tags.

Cons

Cant estimate user stories in hours and measure progress. Also would be great to see issues on the same kanban board as user stories.

Felipe from Rateinc

Really good platform

Pros

have a beautiful design is fast and easy to use. permit a good work with teams. works better than trello

Cons

should be better with an api for Zendesk, plus the point could be most customizable. the mobile app works bad

M. Serhat from Computer Science Research and Application Center of OMU

Our favorite for project management

Pros

Taiga is free, you can deploy it to your own servers. It's easy to use, you can customize Taiga easily. It's getting active development, and developers keep adding more and more features on every release.

Cons

Packing of the software isn't good on self-hosted version. You will definitely need a system administrator both to setup and upgrade the Taiga.

Taiga Review

Pros

Task Board : We can create task and move them as per steps in development cycle. It was easy to use in teams. Awesome experience.

Cons

I think issue should also be linked with the Tasks only

Greate software for managing a small team

Pros

I like the visual way they display information. Easy to see status of a task.

Cons

It is almost impossible to see everything that a team member is working on.

My take on Taiga.io

Taiga has been a shiny and enticing tool that on occasion does not work at all.

Pros

Gorgeous interface, decent set of tasks for teams employing Agile software development methods such as Scrum

Cons

At times the application seems rather sluggish and unresponsive, sometimes the service seems completely inaccessible.

its a bit pricey - but works for my needs

Issue tracking, project planning, and feature planning.

Pros

User Controls. I like being able to control who can edit and create issues and stories and who can view only.

Cons

Embedding images and videos is rough. More markdown features would be nice. Ability to tighten the style Esp. on the Kanban board. I'm an advocate of specificity, so we're verbose, by default. Its tough to see anything useful in the Kanban view. And, horizontal scrolling!?! That should never happen in a modern UI.

Brian from NPREX

By far the best diagram software existing today.

All the benefits of Visio and Omnigraffle, but in a better, easier to use, platform independent software.

Pros

Not platform specific. Will work with Mac, Linux, or Windows. Can import Visio and Omnigraffle documents and icon/shape sets. The ability to generate SQL from an ERD! It's BADASS!

Cons

This is not really a dislike, but an idea.... It would be great if there was a place that had user created shape sets that we could explore and download.

I use this software for the project management and issue tracking purposes in my company.

Pros

It is very user friendly and we can manage the backlog and the sprints very effectively with the kanban board .

Cons

The issue tracker is very basic and it does not support for integration with other test management tools.

Claire from Flint International Ltd

User Friendly and Helps you Stay organised

Keeps me organised and on track with daily projects

Pros

Intuitive User Friendly Simple Very easy to use Good organisation

Cons

No real cons with this software, it is a good package that does exactly what it says on the tin

Great for Event Planning

My overall experience using Taiga was positive. I would recommend it.

Pros

My partner and I used Taiga to collaborate on and plan a major event. It was very useful for this purpose and would likely be good for other project management as well.

Cons

I didn't find the hierarchy system especially intuitive and felt like it was often difficult to find and update particular tasks.

A good IT project management software

Pros

Open source and works nicely! Perfect for personal or small projects, if you don't have a very big budget. Includes all of the expected features like team management, support for EPIC, issues, sprints and backlog (just one AFAIK). You can defined custom ticket/issue statuses. Also includes built in kaban board.

Cons

Cloud version is sometimes slow after latest update .

Jin from Deal Cloud

Very streamlined and easy to use

Helps me organize our development across our entire team.

Pros

It has a very intuitive interface and is really easy to pick up for users who are unfamiliar with Agile developments.

Cons

It can be more customizable such as being able to assign priorities to tasks. Storing screenshots requires storing them in a file first before uploading. It would be great if they can just be copy and pasted in.

Simple tool with cool features for managing products

Because of its simplicity, its a really easy tool to use.

Pros

Taiga is not as feature rich has other tools in the market but it's really easy to setup and use. It's a great tool for running a self hosted instance.

Cons

When you start to get a lot of stuff inside of Taiga, it starts to be a little short on some features. It's hard to get metrics and search engine could be better.