• Pros

• "I love this application so far! Teamwork makes this site very easy to navigate through and track time. It is great for businesses and organizations to keep track of time for paychecks"

• "I love this, best project management tool on the market. Great for any department and a great price."

• "Love teamwork, it has very good features and overall easy to use."

• Cons

• "Mobile application may need some additional attention...it is good, but not always fully intuitive on 'where to click' to get to what I'm looking for"

• "The interface is not completely intuitive, though if you take time to explore and run a few projects through it you're well rewarded."

• "It is hard to start because it is a little bit overwhelming. Once you get to know it, it will be easy. "

Browse Teamwork Reviews

Brett from The Bearded CPA and Co., Ltd

Productivity in full effect

Pros

Teamwork is great for not only a team of people, but for the individual user as well. I run a small accounting business and I'm my only employee. Teamwork allows me to set up tasks and projects that are both one-off tasks and regularly reoccurring tasks. As I check off the tasks that need to be done today, I can look forward to the rest of the week and get a good reminder of what is coming up. It also allows me to invite clients into the tasks so they can see the status of where I am at in a project we have agreed upon. They can upload documents, make comments. I can use a basic time-tracking tool to make sure I'm not estimating my time spent incorrectly. The extra time I have to spend upfront to get the tasks and templates created is well worth the time when a new client comes along. I don't have to recreate the wheel, or think extra hard at remember what I did last time. I can simply apply a template of tasks for any given project that is needed and we are set and rolling! This is one of the best tools I've discovered for running my practice.

Cons

For tasks that are set as reoccurring, their display of the tasks isn't the best. I click the task as complete and it immediately populates the next instance of that task right below the one I completed. I have to pay special attention to the tasks for this reason when checking stuff off. I have often checked the next month's task off after clearing the current one. When I uncheck the following month's task as actually not completed, it does not remember the future events that were created, thus making my task list look much larger than it actually is.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied May 2019

Hi there, Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects. Kind regards, Nancy at Teamwork.

Sara Olive from Werkbot Studios

Working Well for our Project-Based Company

The overall experience has been pretty positive, with most team members adapting quickly to Teamwork. There has been a slight learning curve, since we were going from a very basic system in Trello to this more fully-featured tool.

Pros

The best part about teamwork is the birds-eye-view that it gives employees and managers over everything that is going on within the company. We really appreciate having our time tracking system tied directly to the tasks within a project because it makes it much easier to log time and to see how much time was spent on each area of the project.

Cons

We have not yet developed a clear process, and Teamwork doesn't seem to have one built in, to account for tasks that are waiting on outside input such as a client approval. Most of our clients are not using our Teamwork software, so when we are waiting on a review there is not a great way within the software to distinguish that apart from a task that is actually late.

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

Integration with quickbooks, time tracking, the ability to create templates and recurring tasks, reporting features

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

We needed integrated time tracking and better control over a large number of simultaneous projects.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied February 2021

Hi Sara Olive, Thanks for your review of Teamwork! It's great to see Teamwork has helped with your task and time management. I've passed your comment onto the support team to look into these issues further. Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Yoni from Penguin strategies

Keeps us moving

Love it. We are a an agency and this keeps is on top of multiple clients and projects all at once

Pros

Very organized and ready to use. Easy interface and great communicating between team members

Cons

Reporting and dashboards do not come on their own and need to get built

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied January 2021

Hey Yoni! Thank you for leaving us a review, we are delighted to hear that you're enjoying Teamwork and it has helped make Penguin Strategies' communication and organization more efficient. Our product team will be delighted with this feedback. Thanks for informing us about the dashboard and reporting. Could you send us an email at support@teamwork so we can learn more about this and see if there is something we could do to help? Hope you have a great day! Karen at Teamwork

Sophie from Wurkhouse

Great for tasking, mediocre to terrible at everything else

Teamwork excels at tasking and basic project management, but don't count on it for any company or portfolio insights and/or big picture views. This is a good tool for small teams that worry about pipeline and traffic control but not for large interconnected teams that require account management, efficiency evaluation or budget oversight.

Pros

The UI is very intuitive and clear. Actions around tasks have short paths to complete and work well. The features for tasking are useful and easy to work with. The knowledge base covers almost every topic and support is responsive, friendly and helpful.

Cons

The reporting tools are basically non-existent and any historical evaluation of data almost impossible. Teamwork does not distinguish or allow to filter for late tasks historically, which means once a task/milestone is completed it becomes impossible to tell if that task was late or on time. This makes tracking efficiency and employee performance impossible as we do not know if tasks are on time in general and where the bottleneck lie. Similarly not being able to construct dashboards and manipulate data around time, late tasks, etc. for teams rather than projects hampers decision-making. Compared to something like Celoxis or even Jira which for example allows to compare any data with custom scripts etc, Teamwork feels incredibly inflexible and dated to have to export excel sheets to manipulate and evaluate data. Our account managers are not able to find out if they are doing good or not on a specific account as data can not really be filtered and displayed that way either.

Cost and team buy-in

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

Tool incompatible with teams.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied January 2021

Hi Sophie, Thanks for your review of Teamwork. We apologise for the issues you have experienced with our product. Could you email us at support@teamwork.com so we can try resolve these problems? Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Great project Management software!

Very happy with the overall experience, have been seeing the software get better and better over last couple years.

Pros

Tracking tasks on projects are top of the line with this software. Reporting and additional features are constantly improving but much better than Microsoft Projects or Smartsheet.

Cons

Reporting features and Gantt charts/tasks both showing at the same time can use improving.

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

Better project mgmt, better task tracking, better time management

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

Teamwork is better, better functionality on project management

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied January 2021

Hello, Thank you very much for this amazing feedback, we really appreciate it! We are glad to see a 10/10 recommendation - our product team will be thrilled with this. Thank you for letting us know about the reporting features and Gantt chart issues. Could you send us an email at support@teamwork.com so we can learn more about this and see if there is something we can do to help? Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Great Functionality, Extremely Versatile

Excellent, we have been able to collaborate more closely and effectively on projects remotely which has been very helpful these past few months with most of oyr staff woring from home.

Pros

Teamwork.com has far more features than previous project management software we have tried. The GANTT chart function is superb and we have also been able to maintain easily searchable research archives for several ongoing project. Teamwork also allows us to invite partners from outside our team to view projects which had been an issue with previous softwares we tried.

Cons

Setting up and inviting new users to collaborate on projects has proved to be a little confusing at times but once they are set up everything works smoothly.

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

Functionality and price, teamwork.com was by far the best option.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

Teamwork had more functionality than Asana and Asana had poor customer service.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied February 2021

Hi there, Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we are delighted you are enjoying our product''s features and versatility! If you ever need any assistance with setting up users, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@teamwork.com so we can help you with this. Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

Gustavo from Belize Signs Ltd

Industry: Printing

Belize Signs Ltd Teamwork review

We try several project management systems and we ended using Teamwork. We had been using Teamwork for more than 4 years and definitely it has been an extraordinary tool to improve our business, I don't think we would be able to do it without the Teamwork

Pros

I like the way you can customize your projects, it can be done very clearly and fast, also the ability to set your privacy and the way you can organize the communication between the people involved in the project, this software is really amazing once you have set your system, another good feature is that you can start with a very simple project and use it as a template optimizing it adding more to it during the process of the same project

Cons

only a few details when posting from mobiles, sometimes little details doesn't work when posting some kind of files from mobiles

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

Huge difference between the 2 companies, I found good support from Teamwork vs none from Basecamp, also the tools I use from Teamwork are better than the ones I tried from Basecamp

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied January 2021

Hi Gustavo, Thanks for your great review of Teamwork. Our support team are an amazing bunch - please don't hesitate to contact us at support@teamwork.com, if you are experiencing issues with the mobile app. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Lisa from Mig Murphy Sistrom, CPA, PC

Some great features for Time tracking, including dependent tasks and filter views

Pros

We love that our team tasks can have dependencies. Task 2 can not be started before task 1 if you choose to set up tasks with them dependent on others. We all get several hundred emails each week. The dependent task feature has reduced our need to email each other by 20%.

Cons

The set up instructions say how to use features but don't tell the reader why they would be helpful to use. We've been using the software for more than 6 months and we can't find a reason to use a handful of the features they highlight the most. When we've contacted support they were able to tell us how to use the features, but like the instructions they could not tell us what we might use them for.

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

Monday seemed to have so many options it was too complicated to determine how to set it up. Staff members didn't like the time tracking location in Wrike. The others were lacking features that were important to us.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

We wanted to have Gnatt charts and dependent tasks.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied February 2021

Hi Lisa, Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we are delighted to hear you are enjoying our task management feature! I've taken your comments about the instructions onboard and will pass them onto the team! Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Dmitri from Bicycle, LLC

Teamwork is a daily too in our organization

Great! We use it daily. We killed email communication pertaining to project work completely. Nobody is allowed to communicate requests for work in email. The workflow is to create a task in the correct project in Teamwork. If the output to be checked - it is a task in Teamwork, etc.

Pros

Ease of use, Flexibility, ability to have unlimited users for the same license fee. Timetracking aspects of it.

Cons

Inability to import project file (XML or alike). I.e., to use project management software and upload the project to create tasks and subtasks with assignments and dates.However, the other benefits outweigh this aspect.

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

It catered to our needs, and the ability to export, including the whole database. We are a business intelligence consulting firm, and we do business intelligence on our teamwork data as well.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

It wasn't catering for all our needs. By now (from 2016), I don't even remember.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied February 2021

Hello Dmitri, Thanks for your review - it's great to see a 10/10 rating! I'll make sure to pass your suggestions for project files onto the team - they are continuously looking for ways to update our product! Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Laurie from NumbersPlus Bookkeeping Services

Teamwork - All You Need!

Pros

Teamwork is amazing for keeping my tasks on track as well as helping me to keep all my unique client information in one place for work flow efficiency!

Cons

It is a bit more expensive than I would like....for a 'one-man-show' it's very pricey.

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

I've used Teamwork in the past and loved it!

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

Asana wasn't robust enough for my client needs

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied January 2021

Hi Laurie, Thanks for the positive feedback of Teamwork. We are glad it has helped your workflow efficiency. I have noted your thoughts about the pricing, and will pass this onto the team. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Bassam from BISS Enterprise

Easy to use, full of great features, budget Project Management Software

I have been using TeamWork for 6 years now, I am very happy with it, and new useful features are always being added, making the tool more and more helpful and efficient...

Pros

TeamWork Projects is an easy to use software, full of features to collaborate and manage projects. Notifications and customizations are very helpful. The ability to add users from different companies to collaborate in a project is amazing, and for me, it is an edge over other similar PM tools. The extended family of teamWork products also added great benefits. Integration with other software is also a big plus. And finally, the price for the subscription is very reasonable and the value for the money is on the upper hand...

Cons

The options to export the data or migrate data are a bit limited. Other than that, all features a project manager would need are present, being added or improved constantly...

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied January 2021

Hey Bassam, Thank you for your review of Teamwork. It's great to hear that you are enjoying Teamwork and the extended family of Teamwork products! We are delighted that Teamwork has had a positive impact on your consultancy's collaboration. Our team is constantly working to ensure that our product enables users to collaborate seamlessly. We understand you note on data exportation. It would be great if you could email us at support@teamwork.com, so we can try resolve this issue for you. Have a nice day, Karen at Teamwork

Tyler from True North Custom

A Cost Effective, Easy-to-use Task Master

Teamwork has been a great choice for our team that allowed us to effectively manage a diverse workload and do so for a very reasonable cost. Teamwork has committed to adding useful features over time and the team at Teamwork has been a joy to work with. From the sales team to technical support, the responsiveness and dedication from the crew at Teamwork has been fantastic.

Pros

If you need budget-friendly software to set up, track and manage custom projects and task lists to keep your team organized, Teamwork can be a great fit. It's super easy to use and requires minimal training for a team to get started. The software is not trying to be everything for everyone which makes it highly intuitive and great at capturing the essentials for managing projects.

Cons

If your primary goal for project management software is robust project profitability tracking/reporting, Teamwork may not be for you. Recent feature additions for resource management provide some insights on capacity, but it does not provide the comprehensive reporting and analysis that other products provide.

Cost and feature fit

Cost

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied January 2021

Hi Tyler, Thanks for the great review of Teamwork, we really appreciate it! I've noted your feedback on our resource management feature and will pass this onto the team. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Tim from Karcher Group

Simply the best

Overall, Teamwork has completely changed the way our agency does project management. Collaboration, transparency and efficiency are all up and it's all thanks to Teamwork. Their Support staff is excellent and the software is wonderful.

Pros

Easy to use interface Many integrations available Reliable

Cons

File storage runs out quickly Many features we simply do not use

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

Better price, more features.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

Antiquated and outdated. Needed something more modern and robust

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied January 2021

Hi Tim, Thanks for your review of Teamwork. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying the integration aspect our product. I've noted your issues with file storage and will pass this onto the developer team. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Michael from Stafford Technologies

Teamwork makes the Dream Work

Every once in a while you discover a product or service that changes everything you do at your company. Teamwork was that product for us. Teamwork took us from a struggling agency that didn't understand its investment of time in our project work and that had no processes to speak of to a company that runs like clockwork. We couldn't be the company we are without it.

Pros

Integration with other apps / software Ease of use for team members Ease of use for customers Integration with email clients Integration with browsers The mobile experience is top notch Cost effectiveness Time tracking for team members Integrations with Dropbox and Google Drive

Cons

Some minor limitations on template designs for projects but there are always work-arounds.

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

The software was a better fit for us.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

Basecamp 2 had limitations and had a confusing interface for both our team members and our customers.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied February 2021

Hi Michael, Our team will be delighted with this feedback and a 10/10 rating! Don't forget, we are always available at support@teamwork.com if you need anything or wish to submit a feature request! Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

James from The Bolt Way Limited

Review of teamwork

Overall, it's a great product. Once all the creases are ironed out, it is probably the best on the market for the price.

Pros

There are a couple of great things about this software. The first are the free collaborator & client accounts. Having these allows us to work with companies with many employees, without having to change them more for more users. This feature allows us to collaborate a lot quicker than on email with our clients and achieve greater results. The other is the time tracking. With the ability to estimate and track time, we can easily plan our weeks ahead & see what projects we can fit in and when.

Cons

There are still a few features that aren't working as well as they should do. The workload piece is quite buggy, and has caused us several issues overloading work in a particular week when there isn't enough time. Having mentioned this, we were told not enough people have brought this to their attention so they won't be fixing this...it also takes a long time sometimes to hear back.

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

It was more cost effective and seems more fit for a marketing agency's needs.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

Teamwork offered a lot more features that were better for us to work more efficiently.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied February 2021

Hi James, Thanks for such a detailed review of Teamwork, we really appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear you about the issues you have been experiencing - could you contact us at support@teamwork.com to look into this? Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Nicci from Liberty Marketing

Teamwork Support

We've been able to make far better business decisions now that we have Teamwork. We can see how long it takes to deliver work, identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies, whether our clients are profitable, our staff are working within a reasonable level of capacity. The amount of visibility we have over project health now is greater than ever before.

Pros

What I love about Teamwork is how easy it is to use and navigate. Training new members of staff on the system is really quick and easy as the system is so user friendly. The tasks are easy to find, easy to interact with, deadlines and priorities really clear, which makes it so much easier to manage from a project management perspective.

Cons

We do struggle to get reports out of the system in an automated or less manual way, particularly the billing side of the system. We're working on a way to integrate Teamwork with Data Studio so that live information is available quickly and simply for us, but it is taking us a lot of time.

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

We had a long list of requirements that we needed from a PM system, and ultimately Teamwork out performed the other systems and was priced far more reasonably.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

We struggled to have visibility of deadlines and task requirements, and had almost no visibility of capacity in order to resource accurately.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied February 2021

Hi Nicci, Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we love to see a 10/10 rating! If you need further assistance with reporting, our support team are available to help at support@teamwork.com. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Yoana from Self Employed

I like it overall, but it feels a bit dated

Teamwork is our project/clients headquarters. We keep all of our logins, tasks, and team communications in there and so far it's been a good solution for us and keeping all of our clients project specific material seperated. The daily e-mail reminders and task notifications keep our team running smoothly and aware of what's outstanding or coming up.

Pros

We've been using Teamwork as our project management tool for years. For my client's needs, it's a pretty great PM tool. It's easy for us to add new projects, create a Logins notebook and then add any tasks that need to be completed, assign to the person that needs to do it and attach any details such as date due and how long they have to complete it. I'm also able to add "saved" tasks lists so I don't need to re-enter my recurring tasks every time. It's easy to add and remove team members as well as clients. Lately they've updated the Dashboard when you first login so it has this cool tab called "My Work" that shows me what's due on my list only (not the entire teams) and what's coming up (and also what's overdue if I didn't complete something). This is a quick way for me to see what's on my plate. I love the fact that it archives projects, we refer to old projects frequenlty as the client needs additional work or an updated design, etc... and the new file sharing options are super helpful so we don't need to export a client file anymore and send it via e-mail, we can just send them the link. It also has a great file version feature, so we can see previous iterations and keep them all together

Cons

The interface is now cluttered and clunky. It's not as sleek and clean as say Basecamp in its simplicity. I don't ever use any of the reporting features because they just don't make any sense and in my opinion are not easy to implement. It could be I need to take some of their training or something, but haven't had the time. I wish it was a bit easier to create a project template and then update it. Because I have to hunt it down and remember where it is, my templates aren't updated as frequently as I would like. I also wish it provided more user guidance on setting up what I consider advanced features such as Gnatt charts and the new Kanban board interface.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

We needed more features than Basecamp provided at the time.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied February 2021

Hi Yoana, Thanks for such a detailed review of Teamwork - we really appreciate it. It's great to hear you are enjoying our new updated personal task feature on our dashboard. We are sorry to hear you've been experiencing some problems with our product - could you email us at support@teamwork.com so we can investigate these further? Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

Teamwork Helps with Project Management and Keep Us on Track

Overall the product is great! It integrates with our time software where we invoice our clients pretty seamlessly. The setup does take a while but once you have everything setup correctly you can easily manage the time of each of your employees and each project. It is great to keep everything all in one place for each and every project.

Pros

I like the fact that each project has so many ways to add information to each account. There is an overview tab where you can see the overall health of the project from one screen, and tabs where you can add Tasks, Milestones, Messages, Files, Notes, Links and even Comments for each project in the system.

Cons

It takes a very long time to get everything setup. There is so much to learn about the setup of the product and the free trial is not long enough to set up everything correctly from start to finish.

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

With Teamwork we can keep everything all in one place for each and every project and work within one piece of software.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

We wanted more functionality for specific projects. Specifically better ways to save important documents and notes for each project and connect with the customer right from the project/task management software.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied March 2020

Hi there, Thank you for your review of Teamwork. Our product team will be delighted to hear the feedback - 5 stars all round! On-boarding issues? We have this covered! We just released on-boarding templates so now we have a sample project within the trial setup, based on what works best for your business. If you should ever need assistance, our Super Support team are on hand 24/7 for any and all issues! You can catch them at support@teamwork.com :) Have a nice day, Nancy at Teamwork :)

Chamath from AdSpark.IO

Super data management of projects and software

My overall experience was very positive with Teamwork Projects. Teamwork Projects is very well suited for any size or kind of project.

Pros

When it comes to the pros and cons of the Teamwork, there are many points to think about. All the likeness towards a program depends on the work they do. And how people like it. Teamwork is just like the 'teamwork' we have between ourselves. People have a very positive and pleasant impression of Teamwork projects. That's because of they have the optimum freedom they need to have when choosing the software for maintaining their work. Yet, some consider it as standard software for managing projects. Something ordinary. So, the Teamwork is always working on creating this experience well. Not just good, even better! Accordingly, the pros and cons of the Teamwork will be this software is really flexible, and the user can add an OKR system. It is for the process to work for the company. There is the option to insert subtasks, implement time estimators, setting mileposts, and implement percentages on the completion of tasks. There is even 'Everything' view to display what is the work on you.

Cons

Yet, people have trouble with commenting in too many places. Sometimes they even lose comments. Still not a big issue since you have the email. But, they also lose them inside the Teamwork system itself. Yet, for extra trouble, there are trainees or permanent employees with proper training. You will need someone to teach you about the features and the other things on this Teamwork option.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied February 2021

Hi Chamath, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of Teamwork - we really appreciate it. It's great to see a big list of 'Pros' - that's what we like to see! We are delighted that you're having a positive experience with Teamwork. I've noted your issues with misplacing comments and will pass this onto the support team to look into this further. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Adam from Pullman Marketing

We tried everything - And love Teamwork Projects

We tried literally everything we could find in the market place for Project management software. We switched from Basecamp originally and the big push for us was the TimeTracking with tasks that could be brought into invoices. I know Freshbooks has that feature too, but freshbooks doesn't have project management in the way that we needed that total collaboration environment. We looked at Monday.com too recently but since we have full buy-in on Teamwork I don't think we are in a place to switch and a lot of the features and pricing just don't make sense. That is where I think Teamwork has really cornered the niche well in terms of pricing and features.

Pros

Gantt charts Tasks Task Creation Inviting Clients into the space TIME TRACKING!

Cons

User interface was updated but could be better, especially when compared to Monday.com

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied November 2019

Hey Adam, Thank you for your wonderful review of Teamwork Projects! Five stars and a 10/10?! All our Monday morning dreams are coming true! We are delighted that you are enjoying the software, and that it has filled that gap in your Marketing Stack! We also love the time tracking features, it was an important one for us to get right - we are glad that you agree! Another great thing about Teamwork is our support team - should anything ever come up in your use of the software! They are coffee fuelled problem solvers - what a fantastic combination! You'll find them over at support@teamwork.com. Have a great day! Nancy at Teamwork :)

Stacie from Tablo Creative

Incredibly detailed project management software

I used Teamwork at a larger agency I worked with before (13ish employees) so when I opened my own business I decided to use it again for myself and my co-founder. I find the email reminders particularly helpful so I don't have to pester my co-founder to get her tasks done on time. She was really impressed to see how I could create a task list and assign estimates to it so she could draft up a proposal knowing exactly how long it would take me to get a project done.

Pros

The ability to create subtasks, apply time estimates, set percentages on task completion, back-and-forth commenting area on tasks, ability to set milestones, the 'Everything' view to see what tasks are assigned to you, email reminders for upcoming or past due dates - they really thought about EVERY detail of managing a software or web related project.

Cons

I can imagine it being overwhelming for someone to get started with. I've been using it for years so I'm grown accustomed to it now, but you might want to watch a training video or have someone walk you through all the features, even if you only end up using a few of them.

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

Has way more features than Trello and is way more affordable than Basecamp.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

I used the Basecamp trial, but didn't realize how ridiculously expensive it was. Teamwork is MUCH more affordable, especially for a small business.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied November 2019

Hi Stacie, Thanks for leaving us a review of Teamwork Projects. I'm delighted to see that you have enjoyed our software and that it has helped by improving the way you work! Onboarding to any new software can be quite daunting but we are working on some new and exciting ways to help with this! Our resource centre on our website is full of tips and tricks, alongside our knowledge filled support team! You'll find them at support@teamwork.com. Many thanks, Nancy at Teamwork

Great Project Management Software

Great software, really user-friendly, able to make custom to our needs

Pros

It is very flexible to use, we were able to add an OKR system so that it would work for our company.

Cons

Too many places for comments. We tend to lose comments, not a huge thing because of the emails, but we do lose them in the system, usually these are new employees that haven't or forgot their training

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

Cost, flexibility at the time, support

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

Excel wasn't powerful enough for us as we added more projects

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied October 2019

Hi there, Thanks for your review of Teamwork Projects! I'm glad that you find the software flexible and user-friendly! Commenting issues, hmmmm... That's sounds like a job for our support team! Could you forward them over an email at support@teamwork.com to see if they can help you out with this issue? Hope you're having a great day! Nancy at Teamwork :)

Tigran from Incredo

Perfect for Managing and Keeping Track of Work

My overall experience was very positive with Teamwork Projects. Every time I have the freedom to choose ​software for managing my work I choose Teamwork.

Pros

Teamwork is the all-in-one software for managing projects. I've used Projects in several workplaces and was very pleased in all cases. It offers all the essential task tracking features and also has a ​Trello-like board view. The built-in time tracker was especially useful to keep track of the time spent on each task. Teamwork even offers a client for the timer that can stay above all your windows so that you don't forget starting or stopping the timer.

Cons

The only con for Teamwork Projects is that it can be hard to navigate around at first. While the UI is perfectly easy-to-use, the existence of many features makes getting lost in the UI very easy when you're new to it. To some people, the UI is intimidating at first glance. Convincing those people to get on board was the challenging part of making the software a default project management tool in the company.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied October 2019

Hi Tigran, Thanks for your review of Teamwork Projects! I'm glad to hear that you found the software pleasing and useful! Onboarding and UI intimidation issues - got ya! I've just spoken with our Projects Product Manager, Mossy, and he wants to hear more from you! We are currently working on making this experience better, and would love if you could help! Would you mind emailing in to marketing@teamwork.com with the subject header of 'Re:Capterra Review: Onboarding feedback' and I'll pick it up from there. Overall, we are delighted that you chose Teamwork over all others! If you ever have any issues, or want to share some #TeamworkLove, reach out to us via support@teamwork.com! Our support team are insanely talented... or so they tell me anyway!! Looking forward to hearing from you! Nancy at Teamwork :)

Vinicius from Qualyteam

Organized work

We used several other task managers before, but no one in the team became adapted. I had a great first impression of Teamwork, compared to others it has a interface much more inviting and enjoyable to use. And in 6 months of use we can see that they are continually making improvements. We are happy with this choice and using it daily.

Pros

A quite complete task editing, can add tasks and subtasks, estimate time, billing, responsibles, and a lot other important and nice stuff. But what was really important for our team is the maintenance and display of time in the information of each task, the application generates a table, with the start and end time, and counts the total time invested. This feature is activated with a play/pause button; after a project for example, the user can display a report with all tasks done and the time accounted for each one of them, as well as the total assigned.

Cons

The home screen has a dashboard, although I didn't see much value in it, as you need to record every detail of each job for some minimally useful information. Like other tasks managers, it doesn't do everything I need, and I end up using other applications. It has a desktop timer app that is completely different from the platform design, it looks like from another product. I did not use it because I always have Teamwork open in the browser, and there each task has its own counter.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied September 2019

Hi Vinicius, Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects. It's great to hear that our software met your needs over others. We have worked hard to bring you the best features possible. Our timing and task counters have become quite the feature in our software! We are sorry to hear that you need other applications for some needs. If there is anything in particular needed, you could always forward us a Feature Request over at support@teamwork.com and our Customer Champions will have a look to see if it could be built into the product! Kind regards, Nancy at Teamwork :)

Teamwork is an affordable and robust project management software tool

Teamwork Projects has a lot going for it. They are constantly adding features and options that make it more user friendly, and address a lot of small business needs where many other project management software apps just focus on the project aspect, and neglect the money and expenses. Our only gripe is that they don't have a better invoicing system so we could run even more of our business with one application.

Pros

I was surprised at how much you get for the price with Teamwork out of the box. It has built in time tracking, an extensive notifications system that let's you choose how often you want to receive updates and what you want to receive them about, and a great thing is bulk edit of tasks.

Cons

The invoicing system is too basic. You can create an invoice and add expenses, however, there are not a lot of options here. Also, the API doesn't allow for you to go in and do too much which is something that would really appeal to our team of developers.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

Mavenlink is far too expensive, and has had little features / functionality added in the last few years. It also doesn't support agile development.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied August 2019

Hi there, Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the features of the software, and that it has helped with your organisation. Invoicing system issues - we've got you! I've passed this feedback over to our Projects Champion, Julie, who will have a look into this request for you! Can you email us over at support@teamwork.com with more details on the feature request? Many thanks, Nancy at Teamwork :)

Katie from Level 10 Contractor

At TImes Complicated, But a Powerful Project Management Software

Teamwork is a poweful project management software that really means business. It can take a little getting used to, but once you have it mastered, it's great. Being able to connect to Google Drive is helpful for sharing documents. Additionally, the desktop app is amazingly functional, which is rare with software.

Pros

The organization of data, being able to collaborate, implemented chat/ticket submission, Google Drive integration.

Cons

Sometimes, this software can seem complicated to use. This is nothing a little bit of training and consistent use can't help, but worth noting.

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

The cost, functionality, features, and ability to integrate chat into projects.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

We were looking for less spreadsheet and more project management with integrated chat so that we can effectively manage projects.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied August 2019

Hey there Katie, Thanks for getting in touch and leaving us some feedback on Teamwork Projects! It was great to hear that we have helped you with organisation and collaboration - that seems to be a #win for both you and us here at Teamwork. Leaving curves aren't always nice or easy, however, we have put a number of resources into this to help with the process. Our webinars are run daily, alongside multiple on-demand webinars, which will help with any on-boarding and initial learning of the software. In addition to this, our support team are available 24/7 to suit all timezones and work schedules. They can give you demos on the software or answer any feature related questions! Just pop them an email over at support@teamwork.com - they are a fantastic bunch, I promise! Many thanks, Nancy at Teamwork :)

Eric from Michigan Language Assessment

Industry: Publishing

More than Project Management

I've loved communicating with customer service at Teamwork from day 1. They're super-response—like, they're so quick to answer questions and offer help. We often use Teamwork Project in ways that aren't traditionally "project management projects," and so I've had to ask the support team at Teamwork how I might utilize the functionality to get the desired end results. And you know what? They've come back with solutions more often than not, even taking the time to prepare a demo that we'd web conference through.

Pros

• Teamwork is always innovating and releasing new features/functionality. And they are great at publicizing the new features/functionality, allowing you to beta test, and all the while it doesn't screw up the work you've been doing. • It's cloud-based. • It's packed full of things you'll likely never use, but because there's so much stuff, the core of what you use it for is that much better. • The design is elegant.

Cons

• The exported reporting functionality isn't always as attractive as I'd like, but that may have changed since I last used it. Our team does use import/export for the management of tasks, and that's been a godsend for many of our projects. So, really, not too much to dislike.

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

See the "Why did you make the switch" comment above.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

It's been almost five years since switching. Basecamp was a legacy PM tool that we were using thanks to our partnering with another institution. Nothing really to complain about. If I recall, it was the additional functionality around what information could be included in tasks and the use of task lists that swayed me. At any given time our production team has 15–25 individual projects happening, all very similar in construction but each with its distinct timeline and with so many intersecting pieces (even across projects) that trying to do this with anything else would require some serious rethinking.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied July 2019

Hi Eric, Thanks for the feedback on Teamwork Projects! We were so happy to see a 10/10 score from you - we agree, but might be slightly biased! Features, features, and more features! Our team like to keep busy and innovative to bring our customers the best possible product, so we are glad to see that you like them! Great news Eric, we are working on improvements for the export feature so bare with us and it will be better than ever before! As a final note, thank you for the feedback for our amazing support team! We couldn't agree more, they are a fantastic bunch - and now are available 24/7! I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to the team! Many thanks, Nancy at Teamwork :)

Philip from Arizona State University

Enough structure to encourage good project management practices

Our overall experience is very positive. We have used it on website design and development and web application projects. In both cases team members are documenting and managing their work more effectively. There are still features we haven't got around to using, but that is always a challenge when you are adopting a new product. You need to balance the need to document and track with operational demands.

Pros

On that spectrum of project management products with collaboration tools at one end and products for managing large enterprise projects at the other, this product fits somewhere in the middle. It has more structure than products like Asana or Trello (we have used both of these), but is still very flexible, allowing you to organize your projects and tasks using categories, portfolios and tags. Powerful filtering extracts the specific tasks you need for reporting purposes. Milestones, estimates, risks, comments and other features allow you to keep everything in one place, if you wish to. The API allows us to submit tagged client requests directly into the product, which is very useful.

Cons

Occasional feature updates can modify the user experience, but that is true of all cloud-based SaaS products. There is really nothing negative I can think of.

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

The degree of structure combined with the features we needed being included in the base product rather than the "3rd party integrations" purchase model that some of these other products use.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied June 2019

Hi there Philip, Thank you for the feedback on Teamwork Projects. Our team loved hearing that Teamwork Projects has given you more structure in your work but still remaining flexible in use. We do understand your note on the feature updates. We try to keep disruption to a minimum, but your satisfaction is always our main aim! Make sure to stay in touch with us on support@teamwork.com if you ever have any issues or would like to submit a feature request, or just want to share the #teamworklove with the team. Kind regards, Nancy at Teamwork

Christopher from SwipeClock

My favorite project management tool

I used this for over 2 years and loved how easy it made it to manage projects at work. It was easy, at a glance, to see exactly what I needed to do for that day and what I had coming up. Overall, it was a wonderful experience

Pros

Teamwork Projects had a number of amazing features that took it above and beyond other tools like this. The way projects were setup was incredible. You initially setup the project, then the milestones and then tasks against each milestone. Each task can be broken up into sub-tasks which will automatically create a dependency for the parent tasks. However, you can also set a dependency between tasks too. If you have a series of repeating tasks you can actually create these as a template so you can quickly add this list to a project. When you add this list you get to set the assignments and dates which allows it to be customized to each project. The collaboration is another feature that is top notch. Comments will automatically be sent via email but Teamwork takes it a step further. You can respond to these emails with specific replies that allow you to manage tasks (such as create new ones, add hours to them or even close/complete a task). Teamwork also has a chat platform built in. This platform allows you to manage tasks as well. Finally, Teamwork Projects also seamlessly integrates with a number of 3rd-party platforms (like Google Drive or Slack) to make your life easier.

Cons

The initial setup and learning curve can be a little steep. The other thing that can quickly be a problem is the amount of space you have available. If you are uploading a number of files for each project that space quickly fills up. It is minor but an extra thing you have to manage.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied May 2019

Josh from Signal Interactive

Very Robust Project Management Platform

Pros

We've used TeamWork for years and it's great in many ways. First, it's our living To-Do list where all tasks can be organized by project, goal, team, etc across the company. Everyone can comment and communicate through the task threads (which sync to email). The ability to chain tasks together is one of the best features (and at times has been the main reason we didn't switch to other platforms). When Task A is checked off, it notifies via email the person in charge of the next task in the chain. This keeps work moving, and that's the biggest help. It also connects to Drive to store relevant files alongside tasks and logs team time for billing. You can give limited view access to clients if you need to.

Cons

I would say that the main downfall is that I can't accurately predict my team's workload week to week. The tasks can be chained together and given start/end dates, etc but when it comes to how all those assignments and their estimated times apply to my employees' work week, there's very little functionality to forecast this. I would love to be able to drag a task that is estimated for 2 hours to an employee's calendar and stack these up to see how their week fills up. Can't do anything like that. Best they have is a blanket 'workload' view that shows how many estimated hours are calculated for tasks that start or end in a given week. But when you have 30 projects and 100s of tasks floating around, it gets cumbersome to organize everyone's efforts. TL;DR : Great for planning project tasks/deliverables, but not so much for managing staff schedules/workload. There aren't many options for learning how best to use the program, actually, which is frustrating for a small startup just figuring things out. Their training videos are basic and support pros don't really help you customize the tool to fit your unique business organization needs. They refer you to third party professionals for consulting on that front. I've had to hunt down how-to's and advice elsewhere. That said, their tech support tickets are usually addressed fairly quickly, but I've gotten the same message reply many times "Yes that's a great feature, but we don't offer it yet." Also, my personal pet peeve about TeamWork PM, is the mobile app sucks. The desktop interface is great (plenty of drag and drop ease of use) but the mobile version is clunky and much less organized or helpful in terms of viewing my team's workload and task sorting.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied May 2019

Vernessa from Blog Posts, Long-Form Articles, Short Reports, Case Studies

TeamWork Projects Incorporates Project Notebooks, Customer Portal and OS-Agnostic Desktop Timer

Overall, TeamWork (formerly TeamworkPM) is worth the monthly or annual fee. I've used TeamWork for more than 8 years and while I don't have a need to use it daily, I go to it for special projects and when I need a different kind of project control than I get with Apptivo. The interface is pretty, with soothing colors. The TeamWork crew creates excellent help documentation that's easily found in a comprehensive knowledgebase, they now have some full-fledged free online courses, and they included a customer support and feedback system within the dashboard. And then there's this: Transparency via a visual roadmap and update system on the TeamWork website that actually gets updated on a regular basis. Yes, I like skipping over to the website to see what are the latest fixes and what goodies they're planning.

Pros

Whiteboards are great but even the developers of TeamWork Projects (formerly TeamworkPM) were tired of trying to make them do the work of a real project management system. That's how I came across TeamWork Projects 8 years ago -- tossing aside the whiteboards and comparing online project management applications. TeamWork ultimately rose to the top because it either includes features I felt were must-haves or they had those features on the roadmap to deal with in the near future. TeamWork has task-level time-tracking and incorporates a desktop timer that I use on both my Windows and Linux versions computers. TeamWork was one of the few online project management applications that incorporated a file manager early on AND had the foresight to include it in the permissions system (important so all stakeholders have access to the files they need). I've used it for mock-ups, contract change-orders, and project photos. There is a project notebook system that is far superior to a so-called project wiki found in other project managers. I use it to keep notes, format them to look like real documents (not just a bunch of text notes), and export out in a format that is useful to project owners and clients. This was important enough that it would have been a dealbreaker if it wasn't included: the means to allow stakeholders (especially clients) to log in to see progress on their projects, participate in project-specific discussions, and access project-related files.

Cons

TeamWork's free tier is less generous than some of the other highly rated project management apps. Keeping up with the times, they've lately added a Kanban view (but it costs extra). But why the boards view is an add-on instead of integrated into the main projects beats me and makes me call this a welcome feature that is also a CON. Although TeamView has native integrations for GMail, HubSpot, and Harvest, I think it relies too much on its (well-developed and well-documented API) for integrations with the majority of the world of business applications. Of course, there are hundreds of Zapier workarounds. Still, I think TeamWork is strong enough to have better integration and less cobbled recipes.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied May 2019

Matthew from MarketingStarz.com

Couldn't live without this product to manage my business

Couldn't live without it to manage my daily business workflow. I couldn't be so precise with my time tracking either, which is important for billing my clients. I usually work solo, but recently have hired additional help. The collaboration tools are awesome. I also use Teamwork Desk to create a slick support system with help from other reps. I'm a small operation, but look darn professional.

Pros

Helps me manage all aspects of my business from workflow, to billing. Seriously, it's such a valuable part of my daily workflow, that there hasn't been a day that I haven't used it when working. Also, recently I wasn't super pleased with a couple of the changes to the timer, which is very important to my billing workflow. I make suggestions to support. They listened and updated the timer! It's a complete package. I know there are other options, but honestly, I'm not sure they're as complete. Oh, and they sent me some sweet holiday swag! I wish I could post pictures of me wearing it!!

Cons

The ONLY aspect that I am not the enamored by, are some of the "improvements" they push out in the spirit of improvements. All SASS products go through a similar life cycle. For example, the UI may not have been super sexy but I liked the ease of use of the task filters. It was basic, simple. They updated it, and imho, make it's less open and the UI isn't as friendly. The flip side to that is, they do listen when you submit feedback. In some cases going as far as modifying the product based on your feedback. For example, as stated above, they updated the task timer and it wasn't functional. It was a hot mess. BUT they modified it based on my feedback and now it rocks. Thanks guys for listening.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied January 2018

Hey Matthew, Thank you for your detailed review of Teamwork Projects. Glad to hear you couldn't live without out products! Regards, Deborah

Overall Teamwork is very easy to use. A lot of features and options to easily manage projects.

Pros

Teamwork provides many features to help manage your project from start to finish. The features are robust and offer flexibility along the way. It's very easy to add users, assign permissions, and assign tasks. To get started, Teamwork offers an easy way to import tasks from an Excel spreadsheet. The feature I like best is email communication tracking. When you add a comment to a task and send it to the assigned resources, all email responses are automatically captured on the same task. This helps prevent key decisions or conversations from being lost in off line email threads. For larger projects the Overview (dashboard) is very nice. At a glance, you get a quick overview of the project status and who tasks are assigned to. Additionally, you can drill into most Overview items to get additional information. For example, if you click on Late Tasks, you get a list of all tasks past their assigned due date and the assigned resource.

Cons

Teamwork lacks a few features that would make it easier to use. - It's difficult to move individual tasks in mass to a new Task List or Sub-Task group. Tasks must be moved individually because you can't select multiple tasks at once. If you have a lot of tasks to move it can be tedious. - Project reporting capabilities are adequate but not overly robust. Most of the built-in project inquiry features are very good so reporting is not necessary unless you need to produce a report in a PDF format to email. When creating a report, you have pretty good control over what type of tasks are included but what is missing is the ability to select which columns you want or don't want. Additionally, you can't save a report filtering options for future use. You have to reselect your options every time you want to run the same report.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied January 2018

Hi there, Thank you for your detailed review of Teamwork Projects. Great to hear that Teamwork Projects is essential to your team to track your projects and much more. We offer free daily live webinars, by joining our webinars you will learn how to use specific features, find out about Teamwork best practice and hear about new updates. Feel free to join these at anytime, this will also be useful if you are training a new user to use Teamwork Projects https://www.teamwork.com/webinars. Kind Regards, Deborah

Jessica from Pepperjam

Industry: Online Media

Ease to Use and Continually Evolving

It allowed me to manage multiple large projects at 1 time and collaborate with employees that were not heavy users. The ability to have tasks reoccurr and launch new projects from templates freed up staff to focus on other important areas of The business. The same account was used to manage multi service clients efficiently, especially with remote staff. The flexibility of privacy setting truly allowed for complete communication tracking without requiring communications being omitted to ensure a client didn't see it. As an administrator, I am able to take over a user account to manage every aspect of their account. Administrators can limit a users project view to only their assignments, which prevented a user from feeling overwhelmed. The system is very flexible. Like many other PM systems, outlining how the users are expected to interact with the system is critical. Doing this, allowed me to migrate projects from Central Desktop to Teamwork in a week.

Pros

The UI is simple to understand, the number of efficient features is phenomenal and integrations with enterprise systems like Salesforce are easy to complete.

Cons

There are some small nuances of the search could be better, project specific calendars would be a huge asset and allowing an entire project to be imported by csv would be incredible.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied September 2017

Hi Jessica, Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you are having a positive experience with a number of our features and with the simplicity of setting up integrations. We will add the search capabilities and project specific calendars to our feature request list, have a look at our roadmap for upcoming features and developments. In relation to importing a full project by csv, the following video will show you how to do so using an Excel file https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzGX7yh-4C4 Feel free to get in touch with us at support@teamwork.com if you need. Kind regards, Wes

McKay from TeamworkExpertTraining.com by SurgeFront

Teamwork Makes Managing My Teams Easy. If 5 Employees Save One Minute Per Day, I Get My Money Back

It makes collaboration from many remote team members really easy. Nothing is forgotten and all communication is centralized in one place.

Pros

It is really easy to add tasks quickly using the "quick add" feature. I also think that the organization works really well. The software is organized by Projects, Milestones, Task Lists, and Tasks. These help you really think through and plan what you are doing. Milestones force you to actually have a plan for your projects and not just go about doing day to day tasks. You can comment on almost anything. We noticed after using Teamwork that it didn't make much difference if you were in the office or remote because the collaboration is so quick and easy. For example, if you comment on a task, you can have the comment sent to someone's email. The person who receives it can just reply to the email and the response is saved as a comment in the task! This means that all those conversations are right there for anyone working on it to reference. No more tracking down email strings. It is really easy to look back and see how much time you have been spending on a client. The time tracking features are also very good. You can see very customized time reports and the workload report, which gives you a forecast of the workload for future time periods. This helps you assign out work. Teamwork support is also top-knotch and very responsive.

Cons

I think they could offer to let you have 4 projects at a time instead of just two in the free version. It can be difficult to take advantage of all the features of Teamwork because it is so robust and has a lot of features.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied July 2017

Hi McKay, Thank you for your review. Great to hear about the positive impact Teamwork Projects is having for you and your team. The collaboration and tracking within Teamwork Projects makes it a powerful tool, not to mention all the other features. Kind regards, Wes

Stefan from BUTLEREN.NO AS

Teamwork is True, My business is Teamwork, and Teamwork is my Teamwork!

I have used Teamwork for almost 2 years - trying other things on the side to see if there is somethings better out there - but my still my first choice. I know about project tools, and they all are good, but they are too complicated and all fashion in their way of use - Teamwork has done something different - and while I tested it out I also tested multiple solutions. They are constantly getting new features and optimizing reporting and UI and UX. The one thing I have been waiting for is the Kanban or Board that they call it - then it will be complete. The cool thing is they are open about their roadmap - so I constantly reach out to push features through - I am sure they listen to us as customers because things happen all the time. So let´s get down to business. Pricing and solutions beats everyone else, trust me! So what is it that makes it so good? Teamwork Project - besides as everyone would expect a project tool - they have another mindset to getting things done - and building performing teams - that I do not find everywhere else. I believe others copy them and try to do it simpler - but then it is a lack of other features that you need in a professional system. Since we have multiple projects, and we connect our clients and give them the overall by onboarding them to follow us in an easy way. We give them an ease of mind, and send them reports daily. So when we meet, we stop the chatter on where we are and can focus on how to go further. We use Teamwork Desk for support sites - and can also build up support for my clients -so we can charge for and outsourced service, that makes their services extend further. Do you think they love it? Teamwork Chat - I can be in contact down on pure tasks, and also the ability to create task as we speak. No waste of time. But my favorite tools are the extensions in chrome and Gmail. Saves me time -and makes me be so effective that I have no words - That is why: Teamwork is True, My business is Teamwork, and Teamwork is my Teamwork! Just a Butler gone Digital, and that is also true. I have high standards - and been digital for 40 years - so I know my ground. Thanks Teamwork!

Pros

The "comlexed easyness" of the way of building quality projects. The extensions in Chrome and Gmail - timesavers deluxe.

Cons

Still working on the onboarding of my non-tech clients to make it even simpler for them to follow, but it does actually not matter since they get an email daily on the progress.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied May 2019

Christina from Workforce Software (formerly Workplace Systems)

This product has made my life so much easier

I am a big fan of Teamwork Projects! I am a UX designer and I had a problem in my company where all of my research files, notes, recordings, ideas, etc. were stored in a number of different places and I needed a way of keeping this information in a single place with the easy ability for other people to see it and to easily search and find what I need. Before Teamwork I would spend ages trying to track down files that I knew existed somewhere, or wanting other people to look at files that turned out to be saved on my local machine. Since discovering Teamwork all of that has changed. It has such a clean and easy UI that makes it very easy to organise my work. The search functionality is great, and the licensing does not charge per user so I can give everyone from my company a login if they want. On top of that, Teamwork has a whole bunch of features that I didn't realise I needed until I used them, and now I could not live without them. Within each project I can attach files, I can forward emails straight into the messages section, I can add a list of tasks and check them off once complete, I can record deadlines and time worked on a project, and I can record any risks the project has with severity levels and impacts. I can even setup people from outside of my company and give them limited access to certain files. Teamwork has amazing capabilities whilst being simple and easy to use. I really cannot recommend it enough. And at such a reasonable price for licenses I would struggle to find an equivalent competitor out there. I have only given it 4/5 stars for features and functionality purely because there is one extra feature I would love to see (if I could have done 4.5 I would have but alas it does not allow half stars on this site). The only thing that is stopping the rest of my company from logging in and looking at all my files is that they need to remember another login. If they could add single sign on and allow it to integrate to other systems we use (such as the atlassian products) then I would be able to get many more people in my company using it.

Pros

I love how easy to use it is!! I can gather many different file types (including emails) in one location, and I know exactly where to go to find them later. On the off-chance you cannot find something, the search functionality is great. I spend most of my time either adding files, messages, notebooks or links. I don't often use the time or billing sections, but I can see how they would be useful to other people.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see improved/changed is I would like the ability to have single sign on with some other common tools, such as the atlassian suite. If people in my company did not have to have ANOTHER login to another product then so many more people would use it.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied April 2017

Hi Christina, Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I've passed on your feedback with the rest of the team here and we're all delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects. You'll be glad to hear that single sign on is really close to being released. So your team will be able to use it very shortly . Thanks again for the great review. If you'd be interested in working on a case study with us just shoot us a message to marketing@teamwork.com. Kind regards, Therese

Dominic from Cascade Fabrication

One of the best, but still a lot of room for improvement...

I found Teamwork when the necessity for time tracking, project management and employee/client collaboration was needed at my job. I had already been using a similar system called Paymo at home for my freelance work. So I had an idea of what I needed, and knew Paymo wasn't structured very well for my use. I researched the heck outta these kind of sites, like close to 15 ones, and test drove at least 5 of them with trials. Teamwork wasn't the best, but it was only outdone by others that were ridiculously priced. There are many things I like. The robust functionality of the task lists is probably the most useful. And project organization is nice too. Shortfalls in this area are that project categories are shared across multiple set up companies, not company specific. I don't like how tasks are hidden once completed. And how limited you are on active projects, I'm archiving like crazy, just to save money. I like that the entire system is cleanly designed in a cosmetic sense and for the most part intuitive to learn and use. I also love that it is not user based pricing, being able to add as many users as I want opens up more collaboration with coworkers and clientele. A hard thing to find in these systems are time based reports. Teamwork has great time tracking tools, but kinda falls short in how you can report these. Within the system its just a list with a somewhat useless filter. And exporting this out to a pdf looks plain awful. Customizable, exportable, graphical representations of the time data would make an awesome addition to this system, and would improve and simplify review of time analysis with "less data minded" collaborators and clients. Still, I haven't found one system that really buts much effort into reporting and how it stands in Teamwork is still better than others. All those flaws aside, where Teamwork REALLY drops the ball? Invoicing! No customization, no templates, plain and boring invoicing, and not much can be said for financial tracking or reporting here either. I really hate the financial end of this system all together. Even Paymo did better. So for a single company, looking to only organize and collaborate projects and tasks, to improve speed and efficiency, Teamwork is superb. If you need data analysis and reporting on financials and time invested. You'll need a second system to do that with or one of the way overpriced systems that offer that advanced stuff.

Pros

Robust functionality of tasks and projects. Clean intuitive design. Collaboration ability and allowance of unlimited users.

Cons

Time reporting lacks in depth data, customization and visual graphic representations. Invoicing is almost embarrassing in its looks, almost no customization, and zero financial reporting.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied April 2017

Hi Dominic, Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate your feedback. We're delighted to hear that Teamwork Projects has been so useful to you and your team. I've passed on all your suggestions to the team for their consideration. Here's a list of the upcoming features that we'll be adding over the course of the next few months: https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap. Here's a list of our current integrations including invoicing: https://www.teamwork.com/integrations. I hope you find them useful. Please get in touch if you have any questions. Thanks again for your feedback. Best regards, Therese

Amanda from The Farthest Pixel

Best Project Management Software Hands Down!

In my last position our organization of 80 people evaluated multiple project management tools over six months. Teamwork was the clear winner. After we adopted this software the Teamwork staff worked directly with our team to help us find the best ways to use their tools and even made enhancements at our request! I've since used this software for two non-profits and my own company, founded just over a year ago. The choice was never given a second thought. Teamwork continues to make enhancements, they find ways to make their software more intuitive, and they add new tools regularly. Their service is exceptional. I send an email I get a response no later than the next day but usually in a matter of hours. There is no comparison to Basecamp, the tool I've seen other organizations use and the tool I was using before adopting Teamwork. Teamwork is far and above the better program.

Pros

Intuitiveness of all of the tools. Integration of all of the tools to work together. The appearance and flexibility to customize it for each unique organization. As an educated graphic and interactive media designer, I applaud the UI designers. Very clean, no-nonsense, where the design and placement of interactive objects don't get in the way of the use.

Cons

Love the new calendar. Would like to see how it could populate both ways to a Google calendar. This may already be possible and I just haven't explored it yet. Really can't think of anything, though.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied April 2017

Hi Amanda, Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that Teamwork Projects has had such a positive effect of your team's productivity. Here's a help doc about viewing your Teamwork Projects calendar in Google Calendar: https://support.teamwork.com/projects/calendar/viewing-your-teamwork-projects-calendar-in-google-calendar. Hope it helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. We'd love to work on a casestudy with you and showcase it with our customers. If this is something you'd be interested in, simply shoot us a mail to marketing@teamwork.com. Best regards, Therese

Erin from Experience

Overall good experience on Teamwork

Teamwork has been incredibly helpful to us. One thing about our company is we work in segments, so we have about 20 "categories" of Projects, yet we can't do anything around those categories. I would like to view things with the Project Category as the filter. Milestones for a specific category of projects, tasks for a specific category of projects, add new or existing users to a specific category of projects. This would make our interaction with Teamwork incredibly more useful. I appreciate all the work that has come out over the summer to update the code base making it easier to add new features. And I have been excited about a lot of the features coming out. I would love to see a more robust JIRA integration (rather than just Zapier) since our company uses JIRA on the product/dev side and Teamwork on the operational/project management side.

Pros

How customizable it is by project and within a project. The ability to set permissions and privacy on almost anything in a project.

Cons

Adding users to specific projects at a mass project level is not easy. I would like to be able to both add users and filter items (milestones, task lists, activity, Everything items) by Category of the Project. I would like to report on Category of project. I would also like more ways of exporting the milestones in an easier to read report. We want to use milestones as a way to get our entire company in-the-know of upcoming items. But we have so many overlapping milestones the calendar view doesn't work, and the exported excel list isn't appealing for a quick read.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied April 2017

Hi Erin, Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're glad to hear that you've had a good experience with Teamwork Projects. I'll pass on all your feedback to the team here for consideration. Nicer dashboards and metric, departments and improved reporting are all on our roadmap (https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap).We hope to have them released very soon. I think these will help solve a lot of your issues. If theres anything else you can think of that we can do to help improve your experience with Teamwork Projects, please get in touch. Best reagards, Therese

Joe from ADCOMM Engineering Co.

Great software use it all the time

Hi Teamwork Team, We have been using Teamwork PM for a while now and found in general it works fairly well for what we do. We are a consulting engineering company doing projects that range from a few thousand to a few million dollars. Right now we have eight employees but have had as high as 11. We often have lots of projects in various stages and we have clients for which we operate on an "on-call" basis. For example, right now we have 48 open projects. Obviously, with eight employees we can't be working on all of them at the same time and several are clients for which we have an "on-call" contract with so we keep at task list called "on-call" open with those clients. It helps to keep some visibility for all the clients we have active. One of our biggest frustrations with clients is and TeamworkPM is we can't suspend a group of tasks or a task list and then have it not show up as a late set of tasks, etc. We often have a client suspend tasks we are working on because they do not have permits ready, are still working on funding, or have to wait for something else they are working on to be completed. We can take the end date out of tasks but then we lose the history of when the task was originally supposed to be completed. The same happens if we simply extend the end date. We have tried putting a label on the tasks that say "suspend" but they still show up as late tasks. It would be really great to be able to suspend a task/task list and then it is essentially frozen and is not reported in late tasks until we unsuspend it. Also, it would be great if we could make the standard notebook default to be "This is just a little change" because we often use the notebooks to record conference call notes during the call. If someone forgets to click, "This is just a little change" then we end up with multiple versions of the notes. It would be great if there were better integration between the GNATT chart in TPM and Microsoft Project. While we are not fans of MS Project, we have clients that want their reports in MSProject. The conversion from TPM to MS Project can take some effort since MS Project is more detailed when dealing with critical path and dependencies. The last issue is how to get employees to really use it and keep it up to date! :-) Maybe an electric shock in their chair! :-) As with any tool, one has to use it for it to be successful. Overall, we like the tool. I will also say the Customer service has been awesome.

Pros

It is: Relatively easy to use Flexible Makes it easier to manage projects Great value Great customer service

Cons

No off-line version for when working in an airplane No way to suspend a task or task list

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied April 2017

Hi Joe, Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear your positive feedback. Regarding suspended tasks - you can choose to add due dates or not to a tasks. They will always appear to be late if they are not completed before the due date assigned. There is no plan to change this right now. But I'll pass on your suggestion. A work around could be changing due dates and adding comments under the tasks or in their description with the initial dates. You could also add suspended tags to these tasks. This way you'll be able to track all the details on the task. I'll pass on your suggestions about improving the Gantt, Notebook and MSProject integration. Thanks again for your feedback. Kind regards, Therese

Mark from GNGF

Finally found what we were looking for

GNGF is a digital marketing agency that only works with law firms across the U.S. At GNGF, we have been a TeamWorkPM enterprise level for over 5 years (and a TeamWork Desk user since it was first released a couple years ago). We started out using Basecamp and it just couldn't meet our needs. One of the key things we needed was to be able to create different templates based on what services our clients had purchased. At the time TeamWork was the only robust online project management tool that could do this. Once we dove in though, we found a lot of features we didn't even know were missing in our lives. For example, I couldn't imagine living without subtasks and recurring tasks now. We do track our time in teamwork which is very easy to use (love this on the mobile app). With hundreds and hundreds of projects across ourclients, we also tag a lot of things and filter and search using tags all the time. I also love the different ways you can handle multiple users on the same task. Using the open API have also programmed a link between teamwork projects and salesforce clients and all user time entries are matched up to the correct employee and client and utilization and billable hours are able to be reported on right in salesforce.com, which, heavily customized, we now use as our internal agency dashboard. I can't say enough about the TeamWork support team. From how-to and best practices help early on in our use of TeamWork, to incorporation of our ideas and use cases into the actual product roadmap, to quick updates and fixes by the API team to help us with our Salesforce integration, we wish all vendor support was this good. Our account team works right out of teamwork desk to interact with their clients. Any issues requiring help by the team are just logged in TeamWorkPM and when the task is completed, the ticket is opened for the account manager to follow back up with the client. Best of all, the client doesn't even realize they are working in a 'ticketing system', it just looks like email to them which gives a much more personal touch. We utilize box.com for document storage so we don't use the file features and we use the API to get time data and don't use the billing feature in teamwork so I cannot comment on those. I have had many agencies complain to me over the years about their project management system and I always point them in the direction of TeamWork, months later I get many thank you emails.

Pros

The feature set is great for agencies with a lot of similar type of recurring projects. Project and Task templates, easy to use, robust features, time tracking built in, integrates perfect with their sister product - teamwork desk (support ticket tracking system). Great open API (we use it to kick off project templates from salesforce.com and report time and utilization back to salesforce.com dashboards). The support team is amazing, in fact everyone we have ever interacted with at Teamwork has been incredible. Plus, when you look around, the price is incredible for the feature set.

Cons

We have a crazy amount of tasks per person across many projects and many clients. Looking across everything is a little cumbersome at times. You can look across projects, users, tags, etc. it just could be a little easier sometimes. I am really stretching for a negative here, but that is all I can really think about that I would want to see improved.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied February 2017

Hi Mark, Wow thanks for the amazing review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I've shared your comments with the rest of the team here at and we're all delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with the product. We'd really be interested in doing a case study with you. If this is something that you'd be in to, please shoot us a message to marketing@teamwork.com. Kind regards, Therese

Adam from Disruptive Advertising

Great Value

It has been fantastic. It has plenty of features and they are always making improvements to provide even more value.

Pros

It is flexible and has allowed us to create processes that are critical to our operations. It has allowed us to standardize how we do things within the organization and be organized in what we do.

Cons

There are not a lot of customizations that can be done within the tool. It has a fantastic API that we have been able to leverage to do this.

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

It had all of the features we needed and had an amazing price.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

We needed a tool that had better features and collaboration.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied February 2021

Hi Adam, Our team are delighted with this 10/10 score, a big win for us! It's great to hear Teamwork has all the features you need! I've noted your comments on customizations and passed them onto the support team. Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Andreas from Dezmocom Inc.

Teamwork Projects - Solid collaborative tool

Time to launch for our marketing efforts on new service offerings was the biggest benefit we saw due to the milestones that we were able to track visually.

Pros

The biggest pro is that it allows us to work in transparency amongst the team members while accountability of who owns what in the project. Adding files and snippets of what we are working on added further value than old email chains especially when we are trying to search for them on our HDD! Teamwork also has a milestone feature allowing you to see the bigger picture and then drilling down to take the necessary next steps to complete the project. Reporting is clean - especially on Gantt charts and Kaban boards including Time Tracking built in.

Cons

I still believe the user interface is not as straightforward as some other collaborative tools that I use and only because there are so many features that it will still take some time for buy-in for new users.

More complete offering

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied November 2019

Hi Andreas, Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. I'm glad that you consider Teamwork as a 'solid collaborative tool' - we couldn't agree more! Work transparency is vital, so we are glad to hear that the software has helped you and your team in this area! Our interface has recently gone through some improvements with some more improvements not too far down the line for you! Keep an eye on our roadmap: https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap Hope you're having a nice day! Nancy at Teamwork :)

Shelley from Redeemer's Fellowship

Teamwork Projects takes a village

It works okay for us. We are not a group of "techies" so the complexity of TWProjects isn't the best fit for our team overall.

Pros

Teamwork Projects is a multi-faceted project tracking/management app. We are able to communicate and track project progress staff-wide fairly well. Enjoy the in-app chat.

Cons

It seems overly complicated as there are too many ways to do the same things (is it a task? a project? a notebook? a milestone?), which means people on staff manage projects and view them differently, too many view options, too many custom/sort options. Menus change with each function you are working in, but it is not intuitive ("where the heck do I find the option to modify a template?". Searching for help provides results that do not match what we see on our end (there is no TEMPLATES tab within PROJECTS). I am an Admin and I still have trouble navigating.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied December 2019

Hi Shelley, Thank you for taking the time to review Teamwork Projects. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the progress tracking and our chat app! I'm sorry to hear that the navigation is difficult for you and your team. Have you contacted our support team? They will be happy to talk you through the different methods within the software. In regards to the different management styles, we have found that some companies have developed a guideline for their company when using the software. The software gives people the opportunity to work in multiple ways, so it's just about finding what works best for your company! Our super support team can be found at support@teamwork.com if you should need any help. I promise that they are the best in the business, or so they tell me anyway! Have a great day! Nancy at Teamwork :)

Bonnie from Writing and Editing

Industry: Writing and Editing

Teamwork Projects - Keep up with projects

It keeps us on the same page and is a central place to gather copy for projects. It is the only system that has worked for us so far.

Pros

I am a technical writer working with a web development company. Before we started using Teamwork Projects (Projects) we were struggling to keep up and keep everyone on the same page. Projects has become a central place we can all use to keep things going. One feature I use are the Notebooks. You can create them, assign different users, privacy levels, and categories. I actually write the copy for our projects directly into the Notebooks. If your internet connection is cutting out, it warns you to stop before continuing to work. When you save a Notebook, you can choose to send various people email messages, mark it as a new version, etc. There are lots of features, and that is just for the Notebooks! You can also create task lists, estimate the amount of time members of your team will spend on things, track time on projects, and send email messages through Outlook. We have even gotten clients to use the system by sending them invitations so they can send and receive messages as projects progress. When clients can use it and participate, it says a lot. No more having to search our inboxes for email messages and cutting and pasting information. Before this, version control on copy was a nightmare.

Cons

The interface cannot be customized in such a way that it looks neat. There are filters that can be applied so that things will be listed in a certain way, but I haven't figured out how to have all my current projects listed right up front when I log in.

An excellent, underrated PM tool

Teamwork offers a huge amount of features for the price and is comparable to almost any other PM tool out there. The development team is very active and they are continually rolling out new features and listening to the community. Overall, Teamwork gets the work done. It may be a little clunky at times, but if you can overlook that aspect, you will find a very valuable gem in Teamwork as your main PM tool.

Pros

- The gantt chart feature really sets Teamwork apart from other similar PM tools. Being able to view the entire project from this perspective allows for quick and effective planning. - Client accounts allow your clients to log in and view progress without seeing private information. - Email-response messaging allows your clients to not even have a Teamwork account but still collaborate with your team. - Internal time-tracking is a great addition to ensure the projects stay in scope, but also just to keep track of important metrics. - Templates! Creating and managing template lists and tasks is a great way to get a project up and running quickly. This is, by far, the most useful feature of Teamwork!

Cons

- The desktop time tracking tool is not great at all. It's best just to use the browser-based time tracker (which is less optimal). - The UI is a bit clunky and slow at times. It doesn't *feel* like a modern web application and, at least for me, it detracts from my productivity greatly. - The commenting system seems to be very outdated. Very slow and the notifications are not very noticeable unless you enable email notifications. - The mobile app is not built well at all. Notifications often do not appear, and just the overall appearance looks likes it is from 2010. - The reports that Teamwork generates are not very detailed. A lot to be desired here, but good for a basic PM reporting tool.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied May 2019

Darren from TBWA\WorldHealth London

Powerful functionality meets great UX

I have been using Teamwork at different agencies for about eight years now. This is not because it has been the only available platform, in fact at some places I have had to use other platforms, so I know my choice of Teamwork is valid. Over the last 18 months, I have integrated it into our SOP for creative and development projects to great effect. It provides all the tools we need and importantly helps us consolidate a number of disparate individual processes into one area. So regardless of the team, the project type or the chosen methodology, all documentation can be accessed from one place and all tasks can be initiated, tracked and managed in a clear and open way. Frankly anyone not using a platform such as Teamwork is probably working a lot less efficiently than they realise.

Pros

Clear and easy to use. Lots of tools that work fantastically together, but also work just as well if used individually. As a platform, you can use as much or as little of the features as your project - or company setup - requires.

Cons

The file storage that comes with the subscription is woefully small in this day and age. We once tried using the Google Drive integration, but this was not an ideal solution. I would much rather be able to integrate external drives at a project level as opposed to the overall platform subscription level.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied July 2017

Hi Darren, Thank you for writing this review and being with us for such a long period of time. We are delighted to see your positive comments and the fact you and your team are benefitting from using Teamwork Projects. We have taken note of your storage concerns and will pass this onto the relevant team here. If you'd be interested in featuring in a case study with us simply send us a mail to marketing@teamwork.com. Kind regards, Wes

Shavonne from Shay the VA

ABSOLUTE FAVORITE

I am able to manage my Clients, keep track of all communications, track my time and track billing, invoice, track tasks and manage projects all from within this one software.

Pros

This software is one of the best project management and Client relations software available on the market. It is user-friendly and so simple to learn plus the integrations are insane. You can connect time trackers or use the one built in time tracker. You can grant access to your Clients and literally customize each aspect of the project and how much access they have PLUS it stores all of their information acting as a CRM as well. Not only are you able to track projects, but tasks and you can upload files and store them in the system. You can create notebooks to store information and there is also a dedicated space for messages along with a messaging app. The software is insane and perfect for the ultimate project management team.

Cons

Really there isn't anything to dislike and if you are a new startup or Entrepreneur they will give you a year free of their upgraded service.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied May 2019

Hi Shavonne, Thank you for the feedback on Teamwork Projects. We were delighted to hear that the product was your 'absolute favorite'! We were delighted to hear that you enjoy the product, and that it was deserving of a 10/10 recommendation! Speaking of CRM, did you know that we have one of those now?! Did the world really need another one? No, but it definitely needed a Teamwork suite of integrated products! Have a look here: https://www.teamwork.com/crm/ Kind regards, Nancy at Teamwork.

Kelly from CCBT Ltd.

Impressive, robust project management system

Not only is Teamwork good with creating tasks for you to keep/to, but creating tasks for your entire team is so simple that I rarely have to talk to my team about the nitty-gritty anymore; giving me time to handle the day-to-day project deadlines. TeamworkProjects has made my life as a project manager so much more simple. Everything (literally everything - files, links, messages, images, notes, ideas...) are all in one place; easily organized and easy to find. I use Teamwork Projects exclusively for my work base. The integrations with Chome is also a very handy feature in that I can set tasks/reminders for myself and/or send a link to a teammate without leaving the webpage I am one. Teamwork is one of the most intuitive and powerful managements systems I have used and I highly recommend it to anyone who is working. It can be used for any number of tasks and will save your whole team time and money in the end.

Pros

The ease of use Teamwork has created makes this software simple enough for even non-tech savvy people to quickly understand. The integration into Chrome and TeamworkChat is terrific. The fact I can get updates on my phone keeps me in the loop. I love how easy it is to move projects and/or tasks around to various people in my company. Adding sub tasks and comments is extremely useful. I could go on and on...

Cons

I wish the calendar feature integrated with Outlook beyond a 'read-only' ability.

Response from Teamwork.com

Replied April 2017

Hi Kelly, Thanks so much for the stellar review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I've passed on your words with the rest of the team here and we're all delighted to hear how much Teamwork Projects has helped you and your team become more productive. If you'd be interested we'd love to work on a case study with you. Simply shoot us a mail to marketing@teamwork.com if this is something that you'd like to do. Kind regards, Therese