What are TickTick users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using TickTick software through verified user reviews

4.8

• icon"Love the natural language input, helps a lot when inputting lots of tasks fast, and like that i can choose whether things like 'today' in the task name stay there or are removed."
  • icon"It’s just the most awesome app ever. So user friendly and has saved the day throughout lockdown where our staff worked from home."
  • icon"I love this product for keeping me on top of things."
  • icon"If you dismiss it, it can kinda gets lost in the UI."
  • icon"No Outlook tie in and the lists section can take some time to get used to."
  • icon"Occasionally, the sync process will fail without any clear indication of what happened, resulting in missing data."

Browse all TickTick Reviews

• Have you used TickTick and would like to share your experience with others?

Alyson

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Simple and Effective

Paweł

Industry: Translation and Localization

I've been searching for software like this for years

Amazing. I strongly recomend TickTick for individuals - students or entrepreneurs - who need a simple, but powerful task management software.

Pros

TickTick is simple – not only in the terms of design, but also features, which I consider to be amazing. The problem I have with a lot of task management tools is that for an individual (I don't use TickTick in my team) they just offer too much features, which can be annoying and distracting. Creating tasks in TickTick is fast, and the lists (the same as tags) are transparent – you just can't lose yourself in a ton of assignments. Reminders are also cool, as the sound isn't loud and there are a lot of options which allow customizing them (e.g. set a reminder 1 day ahead, 1h 15 min ahead etc.). Before I used to change the task management software about every 3-6 months. I stick with TickTick for at least 1,5 year and I'm extremely satisfied. The synch with mobile phone is also working well.

Cons

I miss the Kanban board feature for the Today/Tomorrow category.

Reasons for switching to TickTick

TickTick was much more simple and transparent.

Tibor

One of the best

Quick, affordable (free), available (Android, Windows and Mac!) everywhere, good looking so it's easy to get other people in the company to use it and share the tasks. I rely on it daily and will continue to do so in the future. Please keep the software lean and usable.

Pros

This is the software which finally persuaded me to move away from carrying around physical, paper notebooks and start relying just on my phone and my computer as a to-do list. I like that TickTick is very powerful already in its free tier, I love that it's simple and polished, well designed and quick. It hasn't failed me once, unlike Wunderlist for example. It's great that I can find it on most of the platforms I use, as a standalone app, and not just a wrapped browser window - it shows skill and dedication by the developers which in turn makes me trust them more with my data.

Cons

The premium tier seems a bit too gamified for my taste. I don't need most of the premium features and I would like to remove all the nagging branding and icons. A better way, at least for me, would be to be able to have just a minimal free version and a separate premium one.

Reasons for choosing TickTick

I am using it alongside Microsoft To Do. Both have their merits - TickTick is not so closely related to the Office which is sometimes great but can also be a bummer. I will continue to use both.

Reasons for switching to TickTick

Because Wunderlist was becoming too hipsterish - background were more important than some crucial functions. When they sold themselves to Microsoft which in turn shut the service down, I knew it was finally time to switch completely.

Glenn

Industry: Research

Essential for whatever phone I have

TickTick's Android widget is one of the most important apps on my phone, essential for organizing my bills, remembering dates, creating schedules, and making todo lists. For me, a new phone lacks functionality if it doesn't have it installed.

Pros

What I love the most about TickTick that I haven't seen in similar apps is its Android widget. Don't have to open the app, the widget has my list on the phone screen always so I can see instantly what I need to do, not just today but several days later, and even months later when I scroll down. Also love the color-coded priority setting.

Cons

A bit more functionality or a way of linking to other content on the phone or online would be appreciated, but not really necessary for me.

Wendy

Customer service completely destroyed the experience

In the end, I decided the software wasn't for me. However, I still felt it was useful for others and would have happily recommended it to others. They offer a 14-day refund policy, so since I was within the 14 day window, I followed their steps to request a refund. Well after the 14-day window passed, they had not opened my emails or responded in any way. I had to open a dispute with Paypal, at which point it seems TickTick lied to Paypal because they closed my dispute saying that TickTick had issued the refund. I then sent an email to the email address listed in the Paypal dispute, and it was only after I finally messaged them on Facebook and stated that I would post negative reviews that I got any response from anyone at all. Their customer service absolutely destroyed them for me. I would never recommend them to anyone for that reason alone. No matter how good a software may otherwise be, if I'm not able to see that they're backed up by good customer service, they're just not a viable option.

Pros

I liked the idea that I could use the software as a one-stop shopping for my calendar, to-do list, and more. The idea of combining a calendar for those tasks that had a due date and a to-do list for tasks that didn't was very appealing.

Cons

It didn't offer me reminders in the way that Google Calendar does, so it ended up being pretty ineffective for me. Without reminders, if I forgot to look at the calendar (which I often forgot), I'd end up missing things.

Reasons for choosing TickTick

Because it was less expensive and seemed to fit my needs. In the end, I got rid of TickTick and went with Artful Agenda after all.

Reasons for switching to TickTick

I thought it would be more efficient and useful.

Adra Safiya

Useful in managing and collaborating task

TickTick is one of the simplest to-do application that i have tried and it really help me in managing my daily task and to-do list.

Pros

I really like TickTick because it has both application on computer and on smartphone. It is easy to check my daily schedule task directly from my smartphone especially when i am not on my computer. I love that the task can be color coded, so i can see instantly which task is on top priority for that day.

Cons

The task feature is limited and has no other means of tracking like time tracking or completion tracking. It is only for a simple task schedule that can notifying me the due date of the task based on the date that i have input earlier. It will be best if the can provide more complex feature to the task.

Kate

Industry: Individual & Family Services

TickTick is a great replacement for Wunderlist

I was a devoted Wunderlist user, but when Microsoft bought Wunderlist then killed it in favor of its To Do app, I needed to find a replacement because To Do didn't have all the functionality of Wunderlist. I tried other list apps, but didn't like the way they looked (Todoist had too much white space and I didn't like the way subtasks looked) or worked and none seemed to have all the functions I wanted. TickTick had everything and then some!

Pros

I love that TickTick has smart lists, an inbox, and the ability to share lists. I also love the Pomodoro timer for productivity! Ability to set recurring tasks and reminders is key.

Cons

I'd love the Custom views to be visible right above Lists instead of in a separate tab.

Reasons for choosing TickTick

I chose TickTick because it was so similar to Wunderlist, but kicked the functionality up a notch.

Microsoft killed Wunderlist

A very comprehensive task management tool

Being probably my third to-do app/platform, TickTick was amazing with it's cross-platform availability and "just works" nature.

Pros

- Unlimited, Reliable sync - Web App - Usability - Simple but comprehensive - Custom repeats - Multiple reminders - Task delegation - Lists, sub-tasks, priorities, notes & more - Looks good - Almost free

Cons

My use with TickTick increased beyond what I expected and there was always a limitation on how many lists and tasks within lists one could create with a free account, but they increased the limitation later on, which started to feel like a limitation to me. Sure I could upgrade to a premium subscription but I couldn't justify the price.

Reasons for switching to TickTick

I wanted something that could allow me to organize and manage my tasks in a better way. AnyDo was great, but it just felt too simple for my growing reliance on To-Do lists at the time.

Amjad

Industry: Maritime

The best task management app

Extremely satisfied paying customer. Highly recommended for anyone especially android users

Pros

Beautiful, full-featured, intuitive task management platform. It has apps for Android, Windows, iOS, and web-based. Below are some of the features that make is it stand out for me: - Smart parsing of dates - Beautiful gadgets for Android users with plenty of display modes and colors available. - Tag and smart list support - the user interface is among the best I've used - Pomo timer support - Support multi-user teams even for free accounts - Constantly updated with new features - Drag and drop support - Price is reasonable

Cons

- Lack of Microsoft Outlook support would be nice - Fewer windows gadget options to choose from in comparison to Android. - Doesn't have the support that some of the older competitors have (Wunderlist for example(

Reasons for switching to TickTick

TickTick offers significantly more features than Wunderlist and more customization options. I don't regret the switch at all.

Josué

I loved it, it helped me to stay organized and focused

Pros

It was amazing to have the full potential of this tool available, it has great features like the calendar view, integration with Google Calendar, you're able to add attachments, locations, etc. It's a really good product, the best part of it (I Think) is its Pomodoro timer, it's a great way to keep you focused on what's really important, and you will notice how productive you can be if you start using it.

Cons

The price, I was very reluctant to pay an annual subscription for a To-Do app, especially coming from something free like Microsoft's To-Do or Google Keep, but it was worth it... although I would love it if the price drops a little.

Reasons for switching to TickTick

To-Do lacks a lot of features that TickTick (even on its free plan) has perfected.

Response from Appest

Super excited to see you like it! Will reevaluate the pricing with the product team asap.

Replied August 2019

Ajani

Focus your brain on whats in front of you, not what's in the future

It works, I prefer it to Todoist at the moment. If you're looking for a solution to offload your brain, this is it.

Pros

It's really a paradigm shift to go from juggling everything in your head to offloading things onto a software that's designed to remember things for you. A lot of the weight it's worth is in how you use it, but it's powerful enough to scale from a lightweight solution up to being able to support a entire life's worth of tasks to keep track of.

Cons

The Windows version of the application is buggy, with some bugs that have been present for the calendar year or longer and people still experience the issue. I prefer to access software like this directly through a program, so it was discouraging that I wasn't able to sign in through Google.

Reasons for switching to TickTick

Feature/community support felt too sluggish, some features that have been requested by users for years were implemented in TickTick in a much shorter time.

Ben

Best task manager I tried, including Wunderlist (RIP)

Great! I'd recommend (and have been) to everyone who I've talked to about this, especially in the context of Wunderlist shutting down a year ago or so. After trying out quite a bit of alternatives, TickTick is the one I keep coming back to. Their platform is great and the apps work great across all platforms!

Pros

Easy migration over from Wunderlist, once that got shut down. Better than Wunderlist ever was. It has all the features I need, and works perfectly across all situations I tried!

Cons

The free tier is a bit limiting, but it's fine. Premium is a bit on the expensive end for a task management software. Doesn't offer a good, easy API for just emailing tasks to yourself, which is very useful.

Reasons for switching to TickTick

Wunderlist shut down, and Microsoft ToDo was no up-to-par. And I'm glad I found TickTick. Wish I would've found it sooner.

Economical & Love the Customizations

My husband and I needed a replacement for Wunderlist, which we've used for years. After MUCH research and comparison we chose TickTick and are both very happy with it. We upgraded to Premium to transfer our data from Wunderlist, which was super-easy to do. We like that we can each have our own accounts with personal lists as well as shared lists. I love that I can color-code lists and tags, and that created lists allow emojis.

Pros

The free version is great if you don't need all the bells and whistles. The premium version is very economical compared to similar products.

Cons

My complaints are trivial and cosmetic: I'd like to be able to upload a photo instead of choosing from their themes, and I wish the app would open to show all the lists, rather than a specific list, and that the .

Reasons for choosing TickTick

It had all the features we wanted at a reasonable price.

Reasons for switching to TickTick

Because Wunderlist was migrating to Microsoft and we're not Microsoft fans.

Joseph

Industry: Photography

Give TickTick a try

Pros

I love the simplicity of the app. Very easy to organize my everyday life using folders, tags & notifications.

Cons

I wish it had some of the refinement that the competition has.

Reasons for switching to TickTick

On going issues with todoist tasks randomly changing dates

Alejandro

My second best choice for task management

Pros

I love that habit tracker and focus timer

Cons

You don't have intuitive language as in other products

Binh

Industry: Information Services

April 2022

The app works the best for me as it allows me to manage my calendar with my to-do list.

The app is very similar to other task manager apps but it works the best for me as it allows me to manage my calendar with my to-do list.

Pros

The ability to connect all my calendars in one place. As I apply time-boxing, I really need to control what happens on my calendars. Recently, they added the Eisenhower matrix feature, which is worth exploring. Having both desktop and app (+ extension) is also a strong point.

Cons

The app sometimes is buggy, especially with the desktop version which I am using the most. Events are not synced properly on the calendar view.

Reasons for choosing TickTick

The ability to see my calendar in one place.

Reasons for switching to TickTick

The ability to see my calendar in one place. I can add more context to the task with the description.

Curtis

April 2022

Love the Siri Integration

I really have loved TickTick and use it daily. I also have started using the pomo focus portion of the app and have found that to be effective.

Pros

I was searching for an app that would integrate well with Siri on my phone and I was struggling to find it. When I started using TickTick I finally found one that worked well with Siri and I was able to use it as my "assistant" immediately. I am continually adding tasks to TickTick without ever having to grab my phone and type anything, which is VERY important to me.

Cons

I would love for there to be a bit better export option. I have tried to export a list and it did not show up on the paper the way it was listed on my list.

Reasons for switching to TickTick

Siri Integration was lacking for how I wanted to use it

Stella

This is the best minimalist app to keep a to-do list

Milimalist user interface Easy way to add notifications by just typing the day and the time, e.g. Thursday 15:00 I get timely notifications on my mobile phone It's really affordable to buy the premium plan. The premium plan gets you a calendar for the web version, which by the way you get access to on your phone even if you're on the free version. Thank you ticktick for that BUT I've repeatedly paid for a premium plan because I think you guys are totally worth it. Again really good minimalist interface and great readability. I like the fact that I look at my tasks and I instantly know what I need to do, with no distractions. I use Asana for bigger projects and it can get confusing. With ticktick, it's impossible to get confused or miss a task. You can use drag-and-drop in the web app to rearrange tasks I can simply forward an email to the ticktick email address, add day and time in the subject line and be reminded of the task. How cool is that! I've tried nearly all task management apps out of curiosity and because my clients use different apps. Ticktick is the best task management app if you want a simple task list and reminder for what you need to do. No bells and whistles, no big project management features, and thank god for that. A simple to-do list with all of the features you need.

Cons

The app has never failed me although sometimes I feel a bit insecure about getting notified. In the end, I always get the right notifications. Also, when I accidentally complete or dismiss a notification on my Android phone it's difficult to seek and find the task in order to reset it back to "active".

Get things done efficiently with TickTick

Overall, TickTick has been very helpful for keeping smaller tasks organized and scheduled. While we prefer Jira for project/incident management, TickTick allows us to keep track of our daily to-do lists. TickTick also makes it straightforward to look back and see what was accomplished on any given day. The natural language parsing makes it easy to schedule tasks, and there are plenty of customization options that allow each user to work in the way that makes the most sense to them.

Pros

TickTick makes it easy to jot down quick reminders and to-do list items. It syncs between the desktop version and the mobile app version, so you can quickly add a task from your phone while in a meeting, and then add more detail on your computer when you get back to your office.

Cons

Occasionally, the sync process will fail without any clear indication of what happened, resulting in missing data. This is very rare, but there is definitely room for improvement in reliability.

Reasons for switching to TickTick

Swipes was no longer receiving regular updates.

I've been looking for an app like this all my smartphone-user-life!

I have a notes/lists app that I'm very happy with (Keep by Google), but its reminders feature is not a good fit for me. So for the last few years I've been plowing through various apps and the only one that worked didn't have the possibility to create account, so I've lost all my data when my phone bricked. This prompted me to start the research again, and I'm so glad that I've found TickTick. I don't think I'll look for another app anytime soon, it ticks all my needs.

Pros

It has a minimalist interface with lots of available features that are there if you need them, but hidden if you don't. Many complex apps have a clogged UI that's not very user-friendly if you only need to use it on "simple mode". It's been a pleasant surprise to discover that beneath TickTick's clean interface are lots of features that create powerful use flows. I highly recommend it! + bonus points for having a web version

Cons

When a reminder happens in a moment when you really can't deal with it, it can be complicated (in terms of mental bandwidth, not technically) to make an update on the spot. If you dismiss it, it can kinda gets lost in the UI.

Reasons for choosing TickTick

Better, more minimalist UI.

Reasons for switching to TickTick

On RemindMe you can't create accounts, so there's no backup possibility.

Response from Appest

Hi there, thank you for leaving us a review. Glad to hear that you find TickTick fits into your needs for task management. We've made several updates ever since then. If you still get trouble about the reminder, or have any suggestions to us, please feel free to reach out to us at support@appest.com at anytime. Happy to help out! Thanks!

Replied January 2020

Sergio Eduardo

My day to day trustworthy task manager

Better track of work, personal and home tasks. Freeing up my mind and being able to keep almost every aspect of my day to day life organized.

Pros

I love it's clean interface, it is really easy to see and to use. One of the features I use the most is smart date parsing, it is so easy to add tasks and due dates and repeating options this way, also, paired with Voice input mode, it is really powerful and easy to add tasks on the go. It's recent addition of pomodoro timer to the task is such a cool little feature I'm still getting used to, but it has been really helpful. Calendar integration and views are perfect for a weekly review and to see the big picture and your month/week at a glance. It has been my preferred task manager for quite a while now and will continue to be.

Cons

The only downside I have found is that in its iOS, the reminder notifications can get lost if you don't get to them on the spot, they disappear to the "Today earlier" part of notification center and they don't keep persistent in your first glance of the notifications. Other than that, I believe it is the most functional and powerful multi platform task manager around.

Tool for managing business... and life

Love at the first sight. Using this tool for three years or more. My job consists of a lot of small tasks that occur on daily basis, tool with more kabana feeling would be too complicated. I also summarize meeting or other stuff with list in e-mail and then I copy the list to the task description in TickTick, change task mode to checklist and vouila! Every new line is new item on the checklist. So amazing I can't even <3

Pros

+ ease of use + clever way to make any list from somewhere else to checklist by changing the mode of the task + easy way to add new items to the checklist or tasks overall + multiplatform integration (addons, website, apps) + multiple options for task repeating + tags, priorities and project sorting of tasks + smart lists + reasonable price for premium

Cons

- Limitation of tasks and items in free version, but it is enough to manage if you put effort. - Not being able to share projects with someone else in free version

Response from Appest

Hello! Free users can also share a list with one person and receiving, editing shared projects without limits. You may find out more here https://ticktick.com/about/upgrade

Replied January 2019

Alex

Cross-platform lightweight task manager that allows to stay focused and productive

Pros

1. Flexible, allows me to set up my task management flow. 2. App has timer allows me to set multiple work and break intervals depending on the size of my task. 3. Tags and subtags. 4. Smart tags. 5. Perfect calendar view.

Cons

1. Need more clear day tasks statistics for unfinished tasks (in hours). 2. The "Today" section related only to the calendar. Calendar-based tasks hard using practice. Calendar-based tasks in classic all activities in which minimum 2 participated or owner can't move cause tickets have bought, hotel has ordered etc. So I would like more flexibility so that I can include tasks without dates in "Today" section. By analogy with the MS ToDo and Things3

Reasons for switching to TickTick

I need tasks related timer to calculate how much time I've spent on specific tasks.

Mary Kate

Best Personal To-Do List

I use TickTick as my personal to-do list, keeping track of everything from when to pay bills to events on my calendar to random chores.

Pros

My favorite feature of TickTick, and the one that makes it stand out, is the way it handles recurring to-dos. I wanted a calendar-based to-do list where I could add monthly items like paying certain bills, recycling pick-up, etc., and TickTick was the only app I could find that allowed that. At least for free. TickTick lets me keep track of everything, big and small, without having to remember to put things on the to-do list over and over again. Plus, you get the satisfaction of actually checking things off as if they were on a paper to-do list.

Cons

There are sometimes minor glitches, such as with dragging the order of items each day. But it's nothing so big that has turned me off from TickTick yet.

Response from Appest

Hey there! Thanks for your candid reviews! TickTick will keep improving in the future and make a more useful tool for you guys.

Replied June 2019

Alyson

Simple and Effective

We used TickTick to manage ad-hoc and repeating tasks. The software gave visibility to all team members on who was working on what and when.

Pros

Product is easy to get up and running and simple to deploy a system to manage tasks and view what needs to be done and when.

Cons

I have never run into any issues with TickTick. The software has all features you would need to manage tasks alone or with an organization.

Reasons for choosing TickTick

Low price, easy entry, liked the interface.

TickTick