• Pros

• "How easy it makes logging time and toggling between several projects every day. Great customer service too!"

• "Extremely easy to use across different devices. Customer support is great on the few times I've needed it."

• "Memory feature and the app integrations are incredible, design is great"

• Cons

• "The product is a bit pricier then I would like but it is worth it in the end. "

• "The projects dashboard. That could be made more compact and insightful."

• "If you have poor internet connection then it's work very slow and some data are not perfectly show it's perfect for boss and employee."

Browse Timely Reviews

Brian from The Neutral Zone Coaching and Consulting Services

Timely is my go-to app to record my consulting and board hours

Pros

I use Timely across 3 platforms - iPhone, iPad, Mac - and all work seamlessly to keep track of my billable (and unbillable) hours. The interfaces are simple to understand and to use, and I'm much more confident in my recorded time than with other methods I've used. I appreciate how hard the Timely team works to add features to the product, and the company is responsive to my questions.

Cons

I pay a monthly subscription fee for unlimited project/client time tracking, which is great for Timely and would be fine for a consultant / lawyer / business owner who has multiple clients or projects to bill to. Most times I only have 1 or 2 projects on the go at once, and I'd like to see a "light" monthly fee added. If you have billable and non-billable hours for a project/client, you have to set up 2 different projects in order to properly tabulate the hours and invoice amounts. Timely's "tag" feature doesn't really work to keep billable and non-billable hours distinct when it comes time to determine how much to bill the client.

Rick from Dream PC Pty Ltd

Industry: Computer Hardware

Revolutionary for Time capture

As a business owner, it is fantastic to get accurate and 'timely' submitted time sheets from staff each and every week. For the user, once you find your preferred method of capture, it is a breeze from there in.

Pros

The best thing about Timely is that it lets you focus on your work first, time capture second. Traditionally within an organisation with time sheets you need to constantly keep on top of your time entries or it will snowball into a big mess by the end of the week. Timely allows you to just get on with things and perhaps at the end of the week, you just approve the timesheet pre-filled for you.

Cons

When I sign up my staff to the software it can be a little overwhelming to get your head around things, and some have had minor teething issues with the memory app tracking. Once they get going its full steam ahead.

Reasons for Switching to Timely

The company was using FROM: / TO: time entries on a spreadsheet. Constantly falling behind, staff were struggling with their workloads to keep up with time entry as well. Timely promised to alleviate that, and it certainly did.

Used Timely to record time worked and tasks completed

Timely organizes time info visually very well.

Pros

I liked the way that Timely visually assembled information to be seen en mass. It made the ability to see quickly and easily where time opportunities were for our business.

Cons

Timely was not quite what we were looking for. It's a good program but ultimately we were unable to use it in tandem with other programs we were more committed to.

Siger from sgr | smt - ontwerpstudio

Lifesaver

It saves me a lot of money because I track time I missed otherwise. And in that way it is more fun to do!

Pros

I really like the memory function. Some days you are so busy you forget about tracking time (and thus missing income). But with memory I can easily see what I have done, when I have done it and how much time I spend on it. Clear overview of spend budget within projects.

Cons

The reporting function could use a little more branding, now it's just a standard template.

Reasons for Choosing Timely

Memory function! Better project (and budget) insights.

Kirby from KirbyCarol.com

Industry: Writing and Editing

I couldn't run my creative business without this

I am making more money because I'm not losing those 15 minute client task hours anymore thanks to the memory tracker. Also, I lost my billing from months ago, and I was easily able to go back and reprint it, dig through my tracker and see where I was missing stuff. I'd lose out on more than $1,000 a month if I didn't have this feature.

Pros

I cannot describe how incredible it is. I am ADD and very creative. I have multiple clients and multiple contractors. The unique thing about timely is the memory tracker, which tracks my open windows, times, and even suggests clients. I never have to start and stop a clock anymore. At the end of the day, I pour a glass of wine and open the memory tracker, simply select the client, click save, and it takes me 3 minutes to MONETIZE my day! It's amazing. There are tons of other cool features, but this is my favorite one.

Cons

There is nothing not to like. I like it all.

Flavio from Avenue

Best time tracking software I've ever used

Using Timely has allowed us to better visualize our business as a whole, from a high-level project and scheduling perspective down to reporting and identifying the most profitable / desired type of work to pursue in business development.

Pros

Timely combines a simple, intuitive interface with smart back-end features to deliver the best time tracking solution, hands down. Having used a number of different time tracking apps I was incredibly happy to find Timely - it's user interface is beautiful, the tracking and reporting tools are simple and easy to use and the product team is continuously evolving the platform, adding new features and improving the system.

Cons

Minor glitches when saving changes, which rarely ever happen.

Jenny from Self-employed

Free time tracking app

Was having trouble with current time tracking apps that were either low on features or hard to look at. Timely brought a nice balance between functionality and design for scheduling my time and sticking to it.

Pros

As a freelancer, I rely on solid time-tracking to monitor my performance and give estimates for work, so naturally, I've used more apps than I can count. So far, Timely is my favorite. The UI, features, and glorious reports give it an extra edge over most apps I've used. You can plan out your weeks of work in advance and it displays as nicely colored blocks that you can drag and drop if you need to shuffle tasks around. (You can also choose a custom color for each block!) You can set an hourly rate for tasks or set a budget for a project and it'll tell you how much your hourly fee should be. I love how it integrates with my Google Calendar so I'm not going back and forth to see which calendar has what.

Cons

While I love the custom color feature, it would be great if Timely could automatically assign that color for future blocks with the same name. Another useful addition would be to move a future task to the current week without having to type it out all over again.

Track your time effortlessy

It has been very beneficial during my usual working activity to track my time.

Pros

This software is perfect for the professional that has the need to track his time, but doesn't have time to do it. The AI powered engine is able to identify what you were doing and report it organized in a timetable.

Cons

I think there is still space for improvements, the AI not always recognizes correctly the tasks I'm doing.

Reasons for Switching to Timely

Just to try

Carol from Firestone Chiropractor

Excellent cloud based scheduling software

Pros

This software allowed our office to manage multiple practitioners schedules, and for some, allowed patients the option of online booking.

Cons

Unfortunately, Timely was unable to integrate with our practice management software. We chose to stay with Timely for scheduling, even though it wasn't integrated as it was so much better than the scheduler in our software package.

Lenedge from PMG

Industry: International Affairs

A fantastic booking software

As a whole, Timely is a wonderful tool that has automated the process of booking appointments with clients and employees.

Pros

Timely allows for effortless management regarding your appointments with clients and staff. The software is very simple and easy to understand. You can also access it on both mobile and desktop.

Cons

Timely does not have a free version, there is however a free trial, but if you plan to use the software you will have to pay for it. More options for personalized follow-ups to clients would be a nice addition as well.

Gunnar from GB Consulting bvba

Industry: Defense & Space

Very handy software for time tracking

As a consultant supporting several projects, timely is a very easy to use and quick way to keep track on time spent on each activity. I have it on my PC, MAC and iPhone, and logging time is done in seconds. It synchronises instantly across platforms provided they are online. I also use Move on my iPhone and I really look forward to have these two functions come together shortly.

Pros

Easy to use and always available.

Cons

None so far.

Andy from Antenna

Ideal time tracking software for my business

I can’t imagine finding a better fit for me and the way I work. Timely makes time-tracking painless and effortless.

Pros

It’s quick to get up and running with Timely, entering clients and projects is a breeze. Being able to add a time or money budget is handy for those fixed-price projects – and Timely will send you notifications when you’ve reached a budget milestone (50 %, 80% and 100% of the allocated budget). An essential feature for me is being able to track my timings across different devices – if I need to work on a project at home, all my timings from work are synced. I can also log in to my timesheets via a web browser, should I need to. Creating reports at the end of the month when I need to do my invoicing is also a pleasure. Timely can export to Excel or PDF. I don’t use the “Memory” feature of Timely much, but it’s been very useful on those occasions that I’ve forgotten to start a timer and need to refer back to what I was doing during that period.

Cons

No significant cons spring to mind. Being able to save more project colours as defaults would be handy, as I use a single colour for each client (based on their brand colours) which means opening a previous project to copy the colour, and then pasting that in for the new project.

Kate from Patron Sainte

Things I Didn't Know When I Started Freelancing

I started freelancing and had been tracking my hours on scratch paper and Notes files on my phone (it sounds so obviously stupid that I did that, but I hated time trackers from my agency days. I tended to forget to use them and then had to mentally reconstruct my days). It was making my life hectic. I put off invoicing until the last second because it was stressful and I felt guilty - like I had made my hours up. Even if I knew what client I did work for, I almost never remembered to write down what I did. Timely has tools built in to help me remember to track hours, to remember what I worked on, even days later. I also volunteer and hadn't been tracking my non-billable time until Timely. Now I can see how I'm splitting my days. It's made me a better estimator for future work; I never see my own estimates and think "wow, that's way too high a number. I should lower that," because now I have it documented, including the stuff I forget to factor in, like meetings and emails. I recommend this to everyone, especially visual people. It looks just like a calendar interface so there's very little learning curve. Timely is beautiful, easy, and --dare I say it -- rewarding to use.

Pros

The visual, colorful, easy to use interface. The integration with Rescue Time, which helps me remember what I did.

Cons

None. I work in UI/UX and I have no constructive crtiticism for Timely. Well done.

Jennyffer from Jennyffer Pfister

Industry: Translation and Localization

Timely is an essential tool for my translation business

Pros

Working as a freelance translator, I needed a tool to plan my daily schedule and I came across Timely. It's the best planning tool I've found so far. At a single glance, I can know if my schedule for the week/day is already full or if I can keep accepting new assignments. I also started tracking the time I spent on each of my projects, which allowed me to realise just how little time I spent actually working because ultimately my day was full of distractions. Timely has allowed me not only to keep track of my ongoing and future projects, but also to optimize my work time and it does so beautifully: it is very easy to use and visually appealing. There are tons of extra features that I don't use, such as automatic time tracking and project budgeting, but it's still perfect for what I need. Couldn't work without it!

Cons

Maybe, just maybe, it's a little "too large" for my needs, so to keep things minimal, a plan with just the basic features would be welcome.

Elizabeth from Elizabeth Noonan Consulting

Industry: Program Development

Perfect for entrepreneurs

Timely has provided me with a simple and professional tool for tracking time that is cost effective and efficient. I don't need to spend a lot of time preparing back up for invoices because Timely produces a professional report that is flexible enough to be adapted to the needs of each client. It saves me so much time and is a great value for the money.

Pros

Timely is so easy to use and very intuitive. It is so simple to set up new clients and projects and the connection to my calendar is great. My favorite feature is the reporting function that creates professional looking billing summaries that support invoicing. (I continue to use the old reporting format as that works best for me). One unexpected benefit is how much it has helped me track how I'm using my time. Having the dashboard visual that shows how my hours have been allocated and when has been very helpful for time management.

Cons

It's so minor but the range in colors for projects is pretty limited.

Lauren from FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers of MetroWest

Timely is the best thing to happen to our business!

As a medical office, we use medical documentation software so we can appropriately document and bill for services. However, when we started selling retail wellness products and offering other wellness services, using our EMR was much too cumbersome to keep track of these things - we didn't want to have to set up a whole case for someone who just came in to buy a set of weights, and most of the things that Timely does fell on me - keeping track of inventory, tracking used visits against packages, etc. When I found Timely, it almost seemed too good to be true. Other software would track inventory, but not packages. Timely not only did everything I wanted and more, but it's a user-friendly software. Very intuitive. It was easy to train my staff on the system and has taken a lot off my plate.

Pros

Timely tracks product inventory, package purchases, has a scheduling module, reports for sales and many other things, a place to write notes associated with each visit, and is simply easy to use.

Cons

The ONLY thing I'd say is that I wish if I entered a client twice, it would warn me before creating the client a second time. The good thing is that there is an option to merge customers if you realize you did create someone more than once.

mandy from evofit

moving on

Pros

Easy and simple to use Good value......

Cons

The program didnt have enough functions for a gym/PT studio

Reasons for Choosing Timely

I went from Timely to Glofox that had more tools for PT studio

Brianna D. from University of Cincinnati

Timely helps organize my freelance time

Being in a full-time position where I track my time, I needed something different for my freelance projects. Timely solves that for me and gives me a solution where I can keep my day job and freelance separate.

Pros

I like planning my time toward multiple freelance by day and project, but love I can adjust time if things change. It really helps me keep track in all of the time and resources I put toward a project. I like the ability to pull reports, seeing how much time/money was planned vs. actually accrued.

Cons

There isn't anything that I least liked. I have used customer service once in my three years of using the service and it was pretty decent,

Work Efficiently

Pros

There are days when I need to focus on a specific project or task and it’s very difficult not to get distracted. There are other days when I need to multi-task and juggle everything due to time and deadlines. This is why I decided to invest in a time tracking software to see how much time I spend working on specific tasks. I found Timely online and it’s phenomenal. I get this neat software to teach me to be more productive with the work I do. It has other features, but I mainly use it for this service and it has been great.

Cons

My main issue with Timely is sometimes it freezes and lags which means I have to reload the page. It doesn’t happen too often and thank God for that, otherwise I won’t get the accurate time I spend on my tasks.

Espen from Rainfall AS

Mr

Pros

Timely has a nice and modern interface with all the bells and whistles one has come to expect from high end services. This service is what all the others should have been. Hopeful, more integrations will be implemented so that mass adoption can start. * Planning is a very useful feature that I have not seen in other similar services. * The ability to easily create projects; set budgets, hourly rates and so on is nice.

Cons

Windows(desktop Memory) and Android(App) does not seem to be prioritized as much as their OSX and iOS counterparts. This causes some frustration for me as I can see features arrive for the Apple products, but I have to wait 6 months until the Windows/Android equivalent.

Brian from Brian Rowland Consulting

Really loving Timely on all of my Apple devices

I've been a Timely user for a couple of years now, and the product has matured nicely. It has loads of features to help me keep track of work I'm doing for different clients, and the reporting feature makes end-of-month invoicing pretty painless. I use Timely on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook, and everything transfers from one device to the other seamlessly. A great product! I highly recommend it!

Pros

Cons

I don't dislike anything. The company is good about bringing out new features, which I appreciate. Keep evolving the product!

Chelsea from Alternatime

Best Time Tracker for Freelancers

Whenever I have had issues, it has always been handled almost immediately, the customer service is stellar and the AI feature is the best addition. It has made my life so much easier!

Pros

I love the ability to review the memories of work I have completed, I have easily increased my billable hours by 20% because I'm not guessing or estimating the time I spent on certain tasks. My clients love the timesheet reports, and I love how easy it is to use!

Cons

That I didn't find it sooner! The only problem I have had is that my timesheet details when shared do not share the worked to-from times, but that is easily corrected by exporting to a pdf instead, it just doesn't look as pretty.

Great option for small enterprises and independent workers

Super satisfied with it. As a freelancer this my preferred software for time / budget tracking.

Pros

The simplest of its features is one I love the most: the fact that your timer can count money and not just hours/minutes/seconds. As you start a new project you define a budget and an hourly rate and that's it. The reports you can export are cool. And obviously it's new intelligent features are awesome. With a few tweaks, you connect your timely account to the software you work on usually, so it automatically tracks time by software / project.

Cons

Honestly, just the fact it became a paid software. It was free in the old days and it was great!

Olli from OWN DESIGN

Industry: Graphic Design

Timely app

Timely has helped track timing of projects which has helped quote for new projects. From scheduling and pricing jobs it has be a pleasure using it and has become a key tool for us to use each and every day. Great interface that works great on mobile - on the go and always easy to reference any data or information you require.

Pros

Great interface and ease of use, it has become a really key tool for us for time tracking and scheduling work from start to finish.

Cons

Not many, all I would say now and again updates are released I would just like to see more quicker!

Jim from Fielden & Co.

Industry: Animation

An all round great product thats really helped my admin and billing.

I have been using Timely for years now, and its completely transformed my billing and process. When I first started to use it, i was a freelancer, so found it extremely useful to log the precise timings of the varied jobs I had to work on throughout a day. Now I look after a team and spend much more time on Skype and in email and such, which is harder to bill. However with the introduction of the new day planner and connected apps, I plugged in Rescuetime and Trello. Now and a don't miss a single task during the day. Timely is the first app I open in the morning. Great work guys. Keep it up!

Ella from met hart en stiel

Automate your timesheets with Timely

Pros

The AI memory feature of Timely is the most awesomest time tracking feature for any consultant who hates timesheeting. It tracks what you do on your computer, your appointments in Google Calendar and your location, so you can fill out your timesheets in a heartbeat. Also the customer service is great! Overall great value for your money.

Cons

It's very hard to come up with something.

Alex from Alexandra Doffing Design, LLC

Integral to my freelance process

I use this all day every day. It has not only allowed me to help keep an accurate record of my freelance hours , but it is pretty and satisfying to use. Seeing my custom color palette blocks grow along with the weekly balance is the progress I need to keep going. There are times when it can be slightly glitchy (I use it on Chrome), but nothing a simple refresh can't handle. Also, the continuing updates and upgrades are only increasing how seamlessly this is integrated into my workflow.

Pros

The colors (I wish I could set my own standard palette, tho!); the balance up top, the flexibility

Cons

Sometimes it glitches and doesn't save my changes. I wish I could set a budget for a project and when it runs out, no more is added to my balance (because that's how my flat rate projects work in real life -- even though it is useful to know how long I have worked over my budget)

Waqar from Mughal & Associates Management Consulting

This helps me keep track of all my hours at different rates for all my contracts

Ease of billing my clients accurately, hours of work and what was done for each period.

Pros

Organizing hours by client, contract; exporting to excel; ease of use; able to use across ALL my devices; accessible from anywhere.

Cons

Filtering for specific contracts in the reporting environment is a little clunky - not easy to select just one contract as the window disappears and you have to reselect it to get in and pick the e-contract of interest.

Very easy to use

I've done time tracking with several different apps and Timely is the app that lets me spend the least amount of time on time tracking while it also gives me the reports I need for it to be useful.

Pros

- Easy to use - Spend less time tracking hours - Good reports that's used both for invoicing clients and track projects

Cons

- Time tracking simply isn't fun. - Would've been good with a recurring budget for projects

ALLY from RightVows Technologies

Timely a great tool for time tracking and project management

We can now manage our every projects remotely using Timely as it is cloud based and can be used on all devices

Pros

Timely is a great tool to manage time and increase profitability on a project, it is a well recommended tool for project managers. We are using this tool to manage our various offshore projects. The feature set is so good that we are really happy as we get all the needy features like time tracking, profit/loss tracking, task assigning etc. Timely is a great platform to manage a project in all aspects. We are really happy with their service too.

Cons

The only problem that I see is with the pricing plans, please try to make it more advanced so as to keep with the new trends.

Richard from museum.camera

Fantastic Time Tracking

After comparing every time tracker imaginable, this one is by far my favorite, and the most attractive. The features are perfectly balanced to make it super-easy to use, and setup. The overlapping expected vs. actual time function is a VERY useful and easy way to see how you can manage your time better. The web UI is fantastic and beautiful, too, and the Memory function makes a clear and most useful timeline record. Sync between devices is flawless, and the Apple Watch app makes it always available. In my opinion, this is one of the best software companies in the world today.

Pros

Beautiful: As an artist-type, attractive software is important to me. Super easy to use and to make the initial setup. Fun to use: makes a person want to use it. Useful: very easy to read data without using up all your cognitive-abilities trying to figure it out.

Cons

Price, although the discount you provided helps :-)

Sissel from Bolt Communication

Makes logging time fun!

The most user-friendly time logging application I have ever used. So easy to toggle between projects. When a client calls, I have already switched logging before I answer the phone. The graphic user interface looks great, and it really makes logging time fun!

Pros

Cons

Some bugs at the moment, but we know you're fixing it. Still love Timely <3

Jay from IT Software

Timely is a game changer for tracking time on a project

We've used a few different time trackers before Timely. They were all sub-par. Timely helped automate time tracking, user management, and billing for our contractors. It's an incredible product that we highly recommend.

Pros

Very simple interface that is easy to learn and use. Manual time tracking is awful, but Timely automates almost the entire project-based time tracking aspect. Very affordable

Cons

Some of the integrations to 3rd party applications don't function properly. Customer support was hard to get ahold of when we had questions.

Laura from Health, Wellness and Fitness

The Search Has Ended!

I needed an accurate way of tracking my time and billing my clients across several different projects. This couldn't be easier. I've tried several different time tracking software programs, including a Google sheets extension, 17hats, Quickbooks, HoursTracker, Tsheets, and a few more. This is by far the best!

Pros

My favorite feature of this software is the Memory app that works with it. This app tracks the software, websites, and programs that I use throughout the workday. If I forget to set the "timer" I can always go back and click on each tracked usage and add it to a project. This also tracks time on your phone, which would also be lost time and lost money otherwise. I have captured so much additional work time that would have been lost otherwise.

Cons

The only thing that I wish, is that I could apply payments to the bills that I run. Also, on the shared weblink of reports, if we could also show individual line items for each project, that would be great. I can only do that through an exported report at this point.

Karen from Thomas Art Conservation LLC

Better than the rest by a mile

I tried several timekeeping products before I finally found Timely and now I can't imagine using anything else. The clean, attractive design is what first drew me in, but the ease of use and ability to customize my timekeeping tasks have made me a devoted user. Added to the mix are friendly customer service and a reasonable cost for my one-person business. I especially love the tags, which allow me to see how my tasks for each project break down this has helped me be more productive, improved my billing capabilities, and made my estimates more accurate. I can't say enough good things about Timely!

Pros

Design, usability, customizable features

Cons

Nothing!

Brandon from Philadelphia Youth Network, Inc.

Industry: Program Development

A great way to keep your time

I can't tell you how many apps that I have tried using to document my time that made sense to the work that I was doing. For those familiar with being a grant funded employee, everything has to be written down and I found it difficult with tracking hours and calculating them for the week. Also at any given time I could be working on any one of the twenty-six aspects of my project; making keeping time more difficult. This was no problem with Timely as I was about to customize task, color code, set a timer when working on task simultaneously and easily calculate hours by the end of the week. This is definitely the application to use if you are looking for something more specific.

Pros

Being able to customize projects (which I used as task).

Cons

There is no way to calculate the amount spent on a particular project/task per week. I had to count the hours myself. That would be extremely beneficial for individuals who do grant work and use this app for one project with many different task (ex. 1. Meeting time with Partners = 4 hours this week, 2. Preparation time = 2 hours this week, 3. Developing Materials = 10 hours this week), etc.).

Max from online clothing

Best time tracking app I've used

I've tried numerous apps to keep track of my projects and hours and Timely is by far the best app I've come across. It is superior in terms of both design, functionality, and communication/support. Recommend 10/10!

Pros

Design, functionality, speed with which new features are released

Cons

In the past I've had some issues with reliability (lost hours) but this seems to have been fixed over the last few months

Fran from Ovum Novum Perplexicorum

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

My beloved assistant

I use timely on a daily basis, and it love it. I can plan my week ahead, manage my workload so I know if I can take on another job or not. It even tells me how much I will probably make this week, when I've filled in all the right elements in my project's page. It shows me how much more I can work on a project, and because it shows planned as well as logged, I can inform my clients way ahead when our budget limits are in sight. Logging is a gem. At the office I just start and stop on my mac or iPad. When I'm on the road, iPhone and the Apple Watch step in. And if these two failed - because it was too caught up to remember logging - I can fall back on automated input from Moves, Trello or Rescuetime. I never miss a minute. Even planning works that smooth. Before I had Timely I was juggling all kinds of notes, tables, papers... I was constantly panicking. Will I have enough time for this, have I been working enough, do we still have budget for this, can I take on another job... Now I have peace of mind. Timely is my beloved assistant.

Pros

Ease of use, beauty, insightfulness, flexibility

Cons

The projects dashboard. That could be made more compact and insightful.

Michael from Clarke & Esposito

So simple yet so powerful

Timely is so ridiculously simple to use. Makes time tracking a breeze. But the simplicity is paired with very sophisticated reports allowing granular analysis. It is the best time tracking software we have found after trying several systems.

Pros

Ease of use. Powerful reports. Great support.

Cons

No complaints whatsoever. Can't think of any drawbacks.

Bill from IntelliScape.io

Simple, Easy-to-Use, Fire-and-Forget Billing!

If there's one thing about the consulting business that erodes productivity most and distracts workers, it's the time-tracking and billing process. No other activity is more impactful. Either your team misses critical time expenditures, or they're saddled with the task of properly detailing their activities. Timely defends your team from time-tracking distractions in a highly productive format.

Marcio from SOHO

awesome features but..

I love the app, it helps me to keep track of my projects and to be able to set different rates for each one is really handy. Here are a few options I'd like to see implemented: - Whenever I want to delete an entry, I'd like to have either a small X on the top right corner or an option to click it once and hit the delete key. its way faster than clicking on it then looking for the Delete link. - Please please add a"keywords" option. not tags, keywords! That is so when the app receives a new entry from my google calendar it reads the text, look for specific words and automatically set the project based on these words. i.e: if the appointment has "ACME"in it, it will set the project to the ACME one. That way I can set the projects straight from my Google Calendar ;)

Joshwin from A La Carte, LLC

Great Time Tracking Software

Pros

- The Memory Tracker. I liked the fact that it automatically tracked how long I was on specific websites and desktop applications. As a contractor, this made it easy for me to know how long I worked on a specific task. - It was easy to update work periods with the associated details, like the associated project and other information. - The reporting functionality was great. I could easily use the generated info for invoices and etc.

Cons

- I wish it offered the ability to create an invoice. It would have saved me a lot of time.

David from Expresion Media

Great software for time tracking

I've tried several time tracking tools, but I never found any as good as Timely. It is really easy to use and I can keep track of my team, my business projects. It has really good integrations with other tools and software that I use that makes time tracking even easier. And one of the best features is that we can filter and export reports for each team member, project or budget.

Pros

It works as a time tracking tool should work.

Cons

It's still not available on Android.

Beautiful, flexible and smart time tracker

Pros

Although not perfect, the automatic time tracker allows you to work and not worry about tracking your every move - helping you piece together your day.

Cons

I struggle to come up with areas this solution lacks. The developer has squashed the early bugs this app displayed. It's not cheap for some teams, but I believe Timely's accuracy of tracking time could pay for itself.

Andrey from App Magnetics

Unique in all aspects

Before finding Timely, I was reviewing some 20-30 different time recording services and they all were kind of ..crap, means totally missing what my primary goal is. And the goal is to have as little as possible interaction with a time tracking service, while still maintaining precise and trustful accountability. This is exactly why I like Timely: you always have the ability to record your time at your fingertips, have a short overview at any time and get monthly reports automatically done for you. Worth each penny!

I no longer waste time on unprofitable tasks

Pros

Love the redesigned interface launched last year. Timely works perfectly for our smaller teams that focus on more of the freelancing work that comes in. I like the option for local installation as well as web - based. We use the web-based version and it's fast and effective. Like the monthly reports being automatically done, and the ability to drag and drop emails from gmail is great.

Cons

No time tracking on the mobile app is something we wished was available because it would be helpful during travel.

Civi from Calligraphix

Industry: Graphic Design

Superb!

I've been searching for years for an app that will track time spent on jobs, without needing me to clock in and out. Until now, I simply kept a spreadsheet open, but too often I'd forget to enter either the start or finish time. The busier I was, the more likely I was to forget to track my time, which translates to lost dollars. I go into my timesheet once every couple of days, save the activities I want to record for billing, and when the project is done, I generate a report, or just simply check the time spent on the job. There's so much to the app that if I write it all, I'd be writing a user manual!

Pros

The concept is terrific. I have peace of mind knowing that my work is being logged, and I'll therefore be able to bill accordingly. Customer support is unparalleled! They're unfailingly quick, friendly, and always helpful. I hope that continues as this company grows.

Cons

It's still in the developing stages, but it's actually a benefit - I get to tell the developers what I want!

Jeremiah from Jeremiah moore sound

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

I use Timely daily

I love to capture my timesheet details from calendars, email, to-do lists etc directly into timely. It's a great premise for a product and it works well.

Pros

It imports your calendar to timesheets. This is a killer feature for me and the way I work. I can also easily reference emails, to do lists and rescue time data right in the UI. I use it daily and no longer stress about recording my time for large projects.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like beta software in that the UI can be slow or have a few small inconsistencies.

Collin from Ice Nine

Hands down the best time-tracking software for solo entrepreneurs

Time tracking is a breeze and the memory tracker helps me fill in the gaps.

Pros

It's fast, sleek, and has some forward-thinking features that are really smart (like scheduling your time in advance, and the new Memory auto time-tracker).

Cons

It's expensive no matter how you slice it. There's free alternatives out there that do most of the functions, but they don't do it as well.

Anda from Memory.ai

Time tracking for digital marketers

Pros

Timely is a really useful tool for my job. It tracks all the sites and apps I use on a daily basis (Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, Sketch, Photoshop etc) and helps me keep track of my work.

Cons

The developers are still working on a definitive version, which can actually be a good thing as they are open to feature requests.