• Pros

• "Simple and easy to use. No unnecessary features. Low cost. Free for teams up to members"

• "Easy to use with lots of options that make it easy to customize regardless of your use case!"

• "User friendly and easy to use on a daily basis"

• Cons

• "Some of the user interfaces is slightly out-dated in the desktop app, but this does not impact use, and the web-app is easy and clean to use."

• "Figuring where things are the first time took a small bit of time, but the online help streamlined the process."

• "Starting a new time for a project needs to be very accurate (within 2 minutes) otherwise a break forms when I don't need one."

Browse TMetric Reviews

Tammi from Tammi O. Virtual Assistant

Industry: Executive Office

I NEED THIS... and LOVE it

I have used this for a couple of years and have even recommended to my clients that want to hire staff. I have some clients that want to know how every minute is spent and others that are happy as long as I am getting the task done in the time I am allotted, but TMetric takes all of the guesswork out. Regardless of what I am invoicing the client for I can send the report from TMetric so I am aware of exactly how much time to bill each client for.

Pros

I like that with the click of a button I can not only switch between clients but also sub projects for each of those clients. At the end of the week I can run a report and pull everything into a spreadsheet and send each client a complete snapshot of how much time was spend on which aspects of their business. There is even an app so if I am not sitting at my desk but doing some work from my tablet or on a call I can still click the button and track every minute.

Cons

I have not encountered anything I dislike. I use the free version and have not found its limitations

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

TMetric makes me money to be blunt. I bill for my time and the reports that I send to each client breaking out my time for each project impresses them (but only takes me seconds to run).

Reasons for Switching to TMetric

With TMetric I was able to set up several clients and each of their projects including tags - then I found the reporting module and it was PERFECT. I can set up a client and their projects quickly then with the click of a built in browser button I start/stop/switch between

Response from Devart

Replied January 2020

Thanks for your trust, Tammi.

Sagar from Creative Conflux

Easy to use, Effective, Efficient and Productive

I can see the demanding, bright and shining future of this productive tool. The product has been helping me a lot. It saves time and energy. That means, less efforts and more productivity. I trust and recommend this product.

Pros

1. The activity feature… 2. Auto suggesting options to fill… 3. We can treat Idle time as a break in one click… Really loved that “Add as a break” option… 4. Automatic adjustment of time entries. E.g. when I add a new time entry and if it is overwriting (overriding, overlapping) an existing entry, the app will split the existing time entry into two (before and after segments) and will allocate the new time entry a space in between. This saves a lot of user interactions, time and energy. 5. Export report as pdf file feature 6. Ability and flexibility of bulk edit

Cons

Missing: 1. That “i” hover description in reports and entries also. 2. Android App and Desktop App are not user friendly like the web app. 3. Floating action button in webApp for adding a time entry/task quickly. 4. WebApp: Unable to select multiple tags while typing in tag area. 5. Ability to add tags in Android app 6. In the Android app: Reports -> last row (e.g. when current date is between 26 to 31) is covered by the apply button. So, no way to select the end date or last couple of days for the report. 7. Group by project and Sort by duration options in My time (time) screen in addition to sequential (order-wise) entries. 8. Timer (customized timer, alarm with description) option along with each time entry… Sometimes we take a break after 25 minutes and sometimes, after 40 minutes of focus… 9. No widget in android for quick time entry. 10. Line graph for a particular project so that we can observe and analyze any increase or decrease in time spent for the project easily. 11. Current task name with time instead of today time balance in chrome tab title. 12. Dynamic project creation. If it is a new project, we have to first create a project and only then we can create a time entry… 13. Dynamic tag creation (if the tag is not available) while we type in the task. 14. Sort by time configuration and description in pdf report. 15. Bookmark entries and tags 16. Group of tags 17. Time entry suggestions so that we don't have to write

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

Compare to Toggl, TMetric reduces many user interactions such as "add as break" and adjustment of "overwriting time entries". So, less user interactions, less efforts, less time, less energy investment and consumption, more productivity. Also, Toggl is costly than TMetric.

Response from Devart

Replied September 2020

Thank you very much for such a detailed review, Sagar. We will definitely take into account your recommendations.

A review of TMetric by the Creative Director of a Marketing Agency

I've been using it for around a year now and, like I say above, it's mostly fine and easy but with a couple of bugs or areas of badly designed UI or UX. The page design and colour scheme and UI do feel a little dated and not quite slick enough perhaps?

Pros

I like it's simplicity - both in looks and function. Once the browser extension is installed you can time track tasks straight from Asana or manually add the time yourself - both methods are relatively quick to do. I like that you can view reports of how you've spent your time - on what projects and clients. Very useful for administrators and accountants.

Cons

It often crashes, breaks or bugs out, leaving myself and my team unable to track our hours in the software. It only breaks every three weeks or so, but I suppose I did expect it to work ALL the time. The other thing that is very annoying is when you are manually entering your hours and they start in AM and finish in PM. The slightly-clunky-to-use clock interface does not automatically guess that you meant PM and ruins all the hours you've already entered that morning by setting the last task as finishing at 12.45AM! The analogue clock face interface used to enter times is a little annoying - it has to be clicked or pressed in the right order and very accurately. It is easy to accidentally leave a timer tracking - even overnight. Perhaps there could be some way to counter this?

Response from Devart

Replied November 2019

Thanks for your feedback. We're working hard to meet the users' requirements.

Tmetric is great for time tracking as well as time off requests

We've found the TMetric customer support team to be very helpful when needed. We tested many different apps and landed on TMetric as one of the best.

Pros

We use TMetric for our entire team. It's easy to add clients, projects and track time. It's also easy to update or fix issues. We really like the recent add of time off requests so we can also manage our PTO. Lastly, the activity tracker is a nice bonus.

Cons

The company is located in the Czech Republic, and has a tendency to roll out updates in the middle of our workday. It makes sense due to the time difference, but has caused some frustration with our team.

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

Tmetric and Toggl are very similar, but overall we found Tmetric to give us the most features for reasonable user price.

Reasons for Switching to TMetric

We stopped using Mavenlink and it's tracking tools so needed to find a standalone tracking system that integrates with Jira. Tmetric fit the best.

Response from Devart

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate your point of view. Sorry for the inconvenience caused by different time zones.

Does its job, good bang for buck

I'm using TMetric for tracking my own time, plus that of the freelancers I'm working with on a regular basis.

Pros

TMetric is very easy to use and is totally adequate if your main concern is timetracking. There's a bunch of integrations with project management and other tools, which simplifies a lot of things, at least for me.

Cons

The invoicing part is not really well-thought of and not customizable enough I could use it instead of the current solution I'm using.

Price.

Reasons for Switching to TMetric

Time Doctor was too expensive and had a weird pricing model.

Response from Devart

Replied November 2020

Thank you, your opinion is very important to us.

Michelle from Coal Creek Technologies, LLC

Industry: Writing and Editing

Essential software for a consultant with multiple clients & tasks

I'm spending much less time on invoicing and time tracking than I used to---MUCH less. Used to take me an hour or two monthly to sort everything out and bill clients. Now I'm done in about 10 minutes, tops.

Pros

I love the ease of creating and starting timers for tasks, and that the software takes care of everything. I click to start a timer, click to end a timer--I don't have to think about the details until I choose an invoice to create, and those timed tasks then auto-magically appear on the right invoice. I can't believe I used to do all of this in spreadsheets! :O

Reasons for Switching to TMetric

I loved the product I switched from and had used it for several years, but continual price increases put it out of my price range.

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Many thanks for your time and feedback!

Samantha from OmniBiz Services, LLC

Time Tracking Made Easy

We needed to see how long we were taking on specific tasks to determine if we were charging enough for our services.

Pros

I liked the straight forward interface which everyone learned quickly.

Cons

What I least like is that only admins can add people to projects. There are occasions when it would be nice to just have someone login their time on a project without having to be added to the whole team process.

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

Even though Tsheets integrates with QuickBooks it is a cumbersome program, so Tmetric won by ease of use and implementation.

Costly and cumbersome

Response from Devart

Replied November 2019

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Phillip from Tech Nephew

Worth it and it's seamless.

Extremely responsive customer service and the product has a solid build that hasn't ever bugged on me.

Pros

I love everything about it, there are only two softwares I use in conjunction due to missing functionality, I use Trello for the Kanban view of tasks and I use Planaway to synch the calendar so that my tasks show up as part of my day in my google Calendar to avoid scheduling a meeting during a time I blocked out for tasking. It would be awesome to have a client login for them to check on the overall tasklist without having to share my own account login which would expose my other clients info.

Cons

It's pretty damn good. Nothing to complain about.

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

T-Metric added time management to the Google Calendar directly AND it tracks time against a budget to inform of overbleed with clients. I especially like that it uses percentages to inform you of this.

Reasons for Switching to TMetric

And Co suddenly made their free version lose 75% of the original features without ever making any drastic changes to their product.

Response from Devart

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your time and review, Phillip.

Fellipe from Dias, Lima & Cruz

The best cost-benefit timesheet software

I'm loving my experience.

Pros

The easy usage, appearance and multiple plataforms (pc, app, online).

Cons

There are some minor bugs in using the software, but the records remain saved.

Reasons for Switching to TMetric

The older software was slow, very complicated and most expensive.

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Thank you, Fellipe, for your feedback.

Stacey from Noerthern Arizona University

Time tracking for working from home.

Used for tracking time on projects while working from home during the pandemic. Exported the weekly reports to CSV for minor formatting before sending to supervisor. Using the android app integrates smoothly so I see a consistent interface and time log from either the app or the web interface.

Pros

Interface is extremely intuitive whether web or app based. Provides simple time tracking and reporting for individual use as well as enterprise wide. Free with basic features for up to 5 users. Manual time tracking is easy to get started, just add a time entry, enter a description and start time. Hit the play button and the timer will start. Hit the stop button when you are done with the task and the timer will stop. You can also just add a new task and the timer will start tracking the new task. Also supports tracking time in applications for billing and reporting. this is more automated and allows for fine grained monitoring if that is needed in your business. Reporting is straight forward. Reports available include Projects summary, Tasks summary, Team Summary and Detailed Reporting. Reports can be exported as CSV or PDF files. My use of TMetric was mostly manual time tracking of tasks, but it has more powerful enterprise features that allow monitoring, locking of time tracking to prevent editing and more fine-grained reporting.

Cons

If I need to add a new task, it assumes that the task starts at the end of the last task. The software works on assumption that you don't take breaks in between tasks.

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

Simple time tracking. Provides a simple timer for tracking tasks with additional features when needed.

Response from Devart

Replied February 2021

Hello, Stacey! Many thanks for your feedback.

Jonathan from Envizion IT

Easy to use and customize time tracking tool

Pros

The relatively unofficial API support for the product is very through; if there isn't a first party support already built in for the tools we use, Browser Extension enabling ZenDesk Support, then we have some flexibility to build up additional solutions to integrate TMetric into our work flow. It's easy to create a budget for a project that can be assigned to either time or a monetary value. Time is linear, and cannot overlap; so if you need to go back and change your time because it wasn't tracked properly, you don't need to worry about readjusting all entries to make sure you're not double billing a client.

Cons

The project selection tool starts to get slow to load when you have a lot of projects in the system. The desktop application hasn't always been that reliable (crashes, the window opening) although I still run it in the background to monitor what I'm working on, so I can go back and review it at any time. Because time doesn't overlap it is relatively easy to accidentally overwrite a days worth of entries if you accidentally meant to make your start time of an entry to 3:00 PM, forgetting to add the "PM", and the system defaults to 3:00 AM, and giving you a quick "are you sure message".

Reasons for Switching to TMetric

The API was easier to manage. Adjusting time made more sense (Time didn't overlap, and would adjust other entries based on the entry you were adjusting) Better integration with ZenDesk for metric gathering

Response from Devart

Replied November 2019

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your point of view. Both the desktop and web application have become more steady.

Daniel from Self Employed

Helps me stay organized

I often split my time across multiple projects and tasks. TMetric helps me keep everything organized so I can be sure I'm submitting my time to the right clients. It also helps me make sure I'm keeping my hours in the range of 40/wk, and not going notably over or under.

Pros

One of the big things that led to picking TMetric over others is the ability to toggle between tasks so easily by just restarting an existing task. Other similar software makes you stop the previous task first, which just feels clunky and irritates me. I also like the flexibility of various reports. I use most of them when I sort out my time for the week.

Cons

I wish I could customize the timeframe on the Time Entry page for its calculation of how many hours you are ahead/behind. It's based on the current month, and sometimes the new month starts mid-week, so it makes it hard to see at a glance how the week is. It would be nice if the notes about a time entry could be a paragraph box, and if those could be per-project per-day. I have to enter my final time entry for the week into another application for my boss, and if I write up my timesheet notes in TMetric, it's a pain to get them into a single paragraph. So I make TMetric notes super short/simple and my real notes are in OneNote.

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

The biggest thing was the ability to switch between tasks, and the general ease of use. I also appreciate that it has a decent app as well as web interface. Several I tried had only 1 or the other.

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your feedback, we will read your wishes carefully.

Marie from InnovOps, Ltd.

Great but missing features

Tmetric is very basic, reporting is poor and not configurable. While it tracks time it cannot track resource utilization, project burn, costs (vs price). Tmetric support is responsive however their reply for most of the enhancements is “it doesn’t do that” which means I need to find a product that wants to improve and provide the customer experience we need.

Pros

So I use this for all employees billable or not. It is great for internal usage but it is a lot of work to transfer to an invoice for a customer. On average each employee spends two hours each week. It doesn’t track expenses, car mileage, or receipts on an account so we have to use multiple applications to get one invoice out each week. I like that I can put in each contract assign the hours to each employee but it doesn’t do burn sheets so again I need another tool. As for tracking time it’s just okay. It’s great when it work automatically on the computer. It does a great job at tracking idle time but tends to crash when in a project monitoring activity. While all apps crash the issue is you don’t know this one has because it’s hidden until you want to do a different task and then you’ve lost all your tracking. Oh there is a feature to allow customers access but I would never do that without the ability to configure it to show the customer what I want

Cons

Reliability and stability are the least favorite things

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

It could auto record what I was using and doing so I could breakout research to development. Can track multiple employees against one project

Response from Devart

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your time and review. We will further improve our application.

Charlotte from CLN Writing Ink

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great for freelancers! Works well.

Overall, I've enjoyed using TMetric, it far outperforms any other system I've used in the past and I'll definitely be sticking with it for the long haul.

Pros

I love that I can track time for multiple clients with just a few clicks. The end of the week summaries are perfect and allow for quick and easy invoicing without too much effort.

Cons

The software can be a tad glitchy at times, but I've found that some patience and a quick refresh usually gets things flowing smoothly again.

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

The cost and function was perfectly in line with what I was looking for! I'm pleased to have made the switch.

Reasons for Switching to TMetric

I found TSheets billing untrustworthy (double-billed twice) also the fee to add simple features was unreasonable. I'm actually glad for these problems because TMetric's integration is far more simple and useful.

Response from Devart

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the review. We'll take it into account.

Pauline from Creative Clinical R&D LLC

Industry: Research

Great affordable, well-integrated, easy-to-use time tracking system

I have used TMetric to track my time completing client projects for the past 3 years as a solo freelancer. My clients require me to report time in other time tracking tools such as Everhour or Freshbooks, but TMetric is my favorite and I have established all my projects and tasks here. It is easy to set up and has a beautiful, Google-like UI. It is easy to add or edit time. The reporting feature allows you to customize the reported metrics on various levels and for various timespans.

Pros

As a solo freelancer that has to report her time to multiple clients, TMetric saves me time by saving my time! Love the interface - it's minimal but has an appealing and approachable UI that reminds me of current Google apps/websites. So many integrations - Gmail, Asana, Office, and now Quickbooks! I love being able to simply click the Tmetric button while in an email or on an Asana task to start tracking my time. I also use the Chrome and Edge extension to track tasks through my browser when away from a specific task or email to track it on. Editing or adding time is easy and not burdened by restrictions (such as everhour) Love being able to look at time tracked by hour, days, weeks, year, etc. on the fly, and adjust the reporting based on project, client, date, etc. I have not used the premium level but that includes budgeting, invoicing.

Cons

I wish I could easily set hours tracked to round to the closest 15 minute interval. Sometimes I wish I could add time in the future in case I know I will work on something and want to set out my projected time ahead of time. A nice feature to have in the future would be to compare one time period vs a previous time period (like in Google Analytics).

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

UI and ability to start and pause time

Response from Devart

Replied September 2020

Thanks Pauline for your feedback! We appreciate it and will take it into account.

Perfect Time Tracking Tool

Pros

One of my favorite things about TMetric is its integration with Asana. I am a freelance web designer and website manager and I use Asana to help me keep track of all of my daily tasks that need to be performed for all of my clients and when I'm working on a big project. I needed an easy way to keep track of my time so I knew how long tasks were taking me to complete. TMetric was and easy choice. The free plan gave me exactly what I needed, it was super easy to hook in to asana and my chrome browser and now I am tracking everything. I also love that I can run reports so I can see where I am spending most of my time. As a freelance designer every penny counts and the fact that I get all this functionality for free is a huge win!

Cons

I honestly have nothing bad to say about this software, it met my needs perfectly.

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

TMetric had everything I needed, for FREE!

Response from Devart

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your point of view.

Ron from RP Advertising Media Services

TMetric has improved my overall productivity and speed of billing

Been using for about 18-19 months, and is has greatly improved my productivity, my ability to manage clients and projects, and GREATLY expedites my billing process and overall time spent tracking and billing time. These days, I'm click click done, instead of compiling time on spreadsheets or even trying to remember what I'm working on. I'm focusing more on the work and less on tracking it all.

Pros

The features it offers are robust enough to support a basic production environment (clients, projects, adjustable billing rates, compatibility with other software), yet is much easier and simple to use than some highly robust and involved enterprise billing systems. It's perfect for a small service business like mine. But my absolute favorite feature is the ability to use the timer to start/stop/start project work on the fly. I can bounce from project to project and simply use the timers to track the work over the course of a hectic day.

Cons

Earlier on, there were some features that seemed a bit under developed, but those features have been upgraded and evolved, and has much improved an already good software. (i.e. client icons/avatars)

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

price, ease of use, and it offered different packages with various features; I was able to pick a package that suited my situation, and didn't have to buy into features I didn't need

Reasons for Switching to TMetric

I needed something that was more streamlined

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Many thanks for your time and feedback!

Leon from Freelancer

The Time tracker I was looking for as a freelancer

Pros

As a freelancer (Web/Software Developent) I found almost every feature that I needed working for different clients with their respective projects and tasks. Some projects run on an hourly rate basis, others have their budgets. You can combine both. I also time track my own learning and other non-earning processes, so that in the end of the month I can see the time spent on commercial as well as non-commercial tasks. The reports are really nice. I use submit them together with the invoice to the respective clients, making my month's work transparent to them. The application is very intuitive. You see only what you really need. You have type-ahead suggestions for new tasks based on what you have already entered in the past. There are some team functionalities, which I don't use as a freelancer, but which could be pretty useful if you work in team. The app runs comfortably synchron on any device.

Cons

The app design is not well suitable for a small viewport (smartphone). It gets horizontally scrollable, which is not really comfortable. Probably it's a general problem for timelines, but I hope there could be a solution for that in the future. A mobile app would be nice too.

Response from Devart

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your time and review. We will improve our application.

Stacy from Eyedea Advertising & Design Studio LLC

Good value for the price.

Overall it's been pretty easy to use and does what I need it to do. I would recommend it. Great value for the cost.

Pros

I really like the reports function. You can see time, billing, and other details in many different ways. Easy to use and gives insights you might not otherwise be able to see. You can add really detailed info about time entries. Integrates with trello nicely.

Cons

If I a click a project as billable after the project has been started any time spent on the project before that is not counted as billable. Only the admin can click something as billable which is a problem because sometimes I want the designers to enter projects but they can't unless I give them admin status. If they enter it then I have to go back click all their time as billable. There are a couple things I wish it did. Project management like trello, clock-in/clock-out per person and allow them to record time on individual projects through the day, better CRM there's no field for client phone numbers, email or details.

Cost.

Reasons for Switching to TMetric

The other software was horrible and hard to use.

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Thanks for the feedback! Here you can find the information on how to mark time as invoiced https://tmetric.com/help/invoices/how-to-mark-time-as-invoiced-without-creating-an-invoice

Samuel from Education

Best timetracker I've found

My time tracking is more accurate now than ever. I'm not having to fabricate time entries when they were missed.

Pros

App provides a solid set of ways to start timers (Chrome extension, web app, mobile app) but if you forget to start the timer, which I often do, the desktop activity monitor makes it so easy to fill in the blanks.

Cons

It could have a prettier UI. The PC app in particular. And the PC app could have features allowing a timer to stay on screen in an unobtrusive way.

Reasons for Switching to TMetric

Toggl was fine for starting timers, but flopped when it came to figuring out what I had been doing if I had to go back and create a time entry after the fact.

Response from Devart

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your time and review. We will further improve our application.

Gamaliel from Northwest Comprehensive Computer Consulting

A useful tool for tracking time

I'm tracking both billable and non-billable time for my business giving me a better view of where my time is going and what I'm doing with it, thus allowing me to better optimize my time investment.

Pros

I like the time entry system, it provides an easy to use method for entering time both during and after spending it. Actual time entry generally works well, with time pickers and auto-complete providing high-speed data entry. Reports provide useful overviews and charts for time spent by various criteria over various time periods.

Cons

Occasionally, when doing time entry, there will be a glitch regarding AM/PM where the system makes a non-intuitive choice. It seems like the desktop application receives a lot less love and attention (it's less polished) then the web interface is.

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

TMetric was one of the first I tried. I've switched back and forth between Toggl and TMetric. I like TMetric's data entry and time logging better, and it overall seems a little more "professional"... but there are a few options that Toggl has that I like as well.

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Gamaliel, thanks for your feedback! We will carefully review it.

Joshua from Adelaide College of Ministries

The only time keeping software I'll ever use!

When I started as an employee as a website developer and IT Support Officer I wanted an easy way to keep track of my time and how I use my time. I asked myself: That takes up the majority of my time and how often do I change tasks throughout the day? The system that was originally developed was very manual and required the required only journal for start and finish times. After trialing a large amount of software and solutions on the market I started using TMetric and have had my best time management experience. Not only do I now keep a time log of my work but I can also analyse my time history and provide my employer with instant reports within seconds based on my key words (Tags) and/or Project and/or Client. The amount of options is amazing. I have submitted development requests and have seen some of my great ideas developed within Tmetrics online application. With the product continuous being improved, I won't be moving away from TMetric. TMetric has helped me organise my website developing skills into a development areas. The recording of website development time segments has helped better prepare for more accurate quoting for website customisations.

Pros

Segmenting of tags for accurate reporting along with: Automatic starting and stopping.

Tim from EduMomentsLTD

A real time and money saver.

With TMetric all billable time is captured, leading to an increase in revenue.

Pros

Time tracking is easy with TMetric- it provides helpful reminders to start tracking, pause tracking and switch tasks, which can help users keep their tracking accurate. The software use reports (optional) helps give clients and administrators additional peace of mind that the time logged is accurate and focused time. Linking to Quickbooks is a real time-saver, enabling time to be easily and accurately invoiced. With TMetric all billable time is captured, leading to an increase in revenue.

Cons

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Thanks for the review, Tim! We will further improve our application.

Vinicius from Qualyteam

Fundamental

It's a must to have time tracker for teams, I know if a I'm being productive or not. I can share the log with my team and make adjustments. I can estimate better the next jobs and provide the ideal due time to clients and to the board.

Pros

The product has improved a lot since they started. It's simple to use but full of features, as you can read in others feedbacks. I don’t need to edit all stuff, it knows where I’m am and what a I’m doing. I just need to add a title and labels and Tmetric supply me with a day or week relatory as I wish. The interface is easy to use, quick to learn, very easy to visualize the informations and the interactions respond instantly without delays.

Cons

Too much grey in the UI (but I’m a designer so maybe not the focus group user) It's just a time tracker after all, I have to use other tools for other kind of work management (so I have to end up to administrate a lot of tools at time).

Response from Devart

Replied November 2019

Thanks a lot for your time and review. We will further improve our application.

Elizabeth from Mining Equipment Manufacturers of South Africa

Simple, easy, effective

Tmetric has saved me buckets of time, effort and frustration in keeping track of time spent on a range of projects and tasks. I'm naturally bad at record keeping but with Tmetric time tracking is a breeze.

Pros

I have tried various online productivity tools, and Tmetric is the only one I've stayed with. Easy, intuitive and responsive interface, so little time and effort required. I use Tmetric to track my own billable work time and the report I generate within seconds at the end of the month within seconds, fully meets my needs.

Cons

Honestly for the use I put it to, I've not come across any challenges or shortcomings.

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

Can't recall the alternatives I considered but Tmetric won for ease of use and smooth integration with Todoist.

Response from Devart

Replied January 2020

Thanks for your trust, Elizabeth.

Melanie from Bullhorn Baby

Great time tracker for freelance work

This is a great value for freelancers. When I realized the integration with quickbooks was not going to work in my particular set up I tried other free time trackers and quickly decided to just pay for TMetric even though I couldn't get the integration.

Pros

I like the ability to segment hours by client and then also tag the time with separate attributes that I can use to track certain projects within a customers work scope.

Cons

I originally chose this software for the ability to integrate with Quickbooks as a way to streamline my invoicing process each month. When I struggled with the integration I quickly realized I would have to upgrade my quickbooks account to take advantage of this feature.

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

It was inexpensive, but had the features I needed, not fancy but functional

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Thanks a lot for the review, Melanie. We appreciate your point of view. If you struggle with such problems again, please, read more here https://tmetric.com/help/invoices/invoicing-with-quickbooks-online or write to our support team support@tmetric.com

Ben from Experian

Data is power

TMetric is a innovative tool, that initially I was extremely resistant too, as I didn't understand the value in recording time. After 1 whole month of recording time, I immediately saw the benefit. Even though I have been working in a similar way for a long time, I did not truly understand how much time I lost. I knew there was parts of my day to day work I needed to improve, but couldn't fully pinpoint where the churn of time was. Luckily, Tmetric allows me to see just how much time I TRULY spend with tasks not important to my real work, and where I can best spend that time instead. The UI is brilliant now. Other then the below improvement suggestion, it is actually very smooth to use. Easy to learn and easy to master. Improvements: I would like to see it better predict what tasks I am putting in. There are some tasks, especially in the morning, I feel it could be smart and know I always have a stand-up at 9:30AM in the week if i log time that day. Then, If I happen not too, it would be easier for me to remove, rather then keep selecting this on a day to day basis.

Pros

Time logging Reporting Group subsets of tasks Finding work churns Truly understanding resource allocation

Cons

Could better predict a user's day to day tasks Reporting UI took a while to understand how to view tasks...

ALEXANDER from Qualyteam

Manage team members' hours on company projects

It integrates my personal and team workflow considerably well, making it easy to categorize time and keep all project tasks on time.

Pros

• Integration with several fermenters that we use as Jira and Tello. • Has the function of exporting to spreadsheets in .csv format. • Provides mobile application. • Very good cost benefit. • It has great usability and option to use tags. • It makes it much easier to track my team's work.

Cons

Occasional failures or loss of service without warning or apparent reason. The desktop application is a little complicated. Exporting reports to Google Drive takes a little bit of work. Navigating through different tasks is a little bad. At first, I found it difficult to visualize the time that my colleagues took on each project.

Response from Devart

Replied May 2020

Thanks for your review! We're working hard to meet the users' requirements. If you have questions in the process of using the product, please contact our support and we will quickly fix it. And we are happy to accept comments about the navigation of the interface, as we always listen to our customers point of view and try to make TMetric as convenient as possible.

Mitchell from GBA Group

Great Product and Intuitive

Our business efficiencies are now in quantitative form that can be reviewed and analyzed for improvement.

Pros

This is has helped our business understand our employee efficiencies like never before, and with the 'plug-ins' for chrome and other platforms, there is really no excuse not to find it easy to use. We also now use this as our hourly rate tracking for contracts established in that way.

Cons

The only issue we've had is with the integration with our accounting software 'Quickbooks'. It does not connect easily and we still have to complete the tasks manually.

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

Our IT company said it could be integrated into our existing processes and platforms, in addition to the price being very fair for the service and info it provides.

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Thank you, Mitchell, for your feedback. Look at this tips, it may help you https://tmetric.com/help/data-integrations/quickbooks-synchronizing-time

Darren from MCPA

GREAT Timekeeping tool

Pros

Simple design Tracking Detailed report is very useful

Cons

It crashes sometimes. It runs more than 12 hours and ask user to fix the timer next day.

Response from Devart

Replied November 2019

Thanks for your review, Darren. We're working hard to meet users' requirements.

Garreth from FHPESS

An exemplary time tracking app, long live Tmetric!

I'm solving the problem of time tracking/time sheets for myself within our organization. Previously i was jotting down time on scraps of paper/notebooks and then had written my own app in VBA inside excel, but it was clunky and did not total up time on projects. Tmetric's reporting is very helpful in tracking time spent per project.

Pros

With Tmetric, i like the simple integration with other task managment platforms such as todoist. The way time is tracked is simple and it's fast and easy to input data about each project and task being worked on such that it becomes part of your flow

Cons

The page to add projects is a little bit clunky in terms of the order of data entry - i want to enter project ID first, then project title. ALso it would be useful to directly enter clients from the add project page.

Reasons for Switching to TMetric

better and more complete featureset

Response from Devart

Replied September 2020

Thanks for your time and review, we will take it into account.

Xander from Moonkin

Time tracking essentials without the bloat

After another free time tracking app we used completely overhauled their UI in favour of providing lots of features we didn't really need, we went to look for an alternative solution. We stumbled upon TMetric, a new time tracking app seemingly still in its early stages. This is great because the team behind it clearly focused on the essentials first without bloating the software with feature creep. The core interactions required for a time tracking app are all very polished and unlike the competitor products. I personally really like the timeline and seeing my logged work hours and breaks so visually. It's also really intuitive to add breaks or worklog items after the fact. Integrations with common project management software are plentiful and the one I used so far works seamless ly (GitLab). The only shortcomings are in the billing rate options, these are still very basic so having multiple different rates depending on task type etc is not possible yet (as far as I know). However, Devart has a support portal where they are reasonably active and you can request features there.

Pros

Very simple and intuitive, visual timeline for your worklogs and breaks

Cons

Billing rates are very basic (only one rate for your account and a team member rate)

Renelene Jay from RISTT

An Easy-to-Use Freelancer Time Tracker and Summary Report Tool

I initially used Tmetric in digital marketing. As we all know digital marketing has a broad set of tasks that needs to be segmented especially on reports. It helps me to prioritize set of tasks within its respective period. It also helps me to easily connect with the client. At first, I doubted its capability as time tracker as I was confused on how to use it. But as I understand its real purpose, I then started enjoying its use especially on summary reports. Kudos to Tmetric!

Pros

What I like most about it is its simplified yet detailed reports on a chosen time period. You can actually enumerate the different tasks you have worked on within your preferred timeline(hour/day/week/year). You can also choose as to how your summary reports will be shown—will it be by projects, by tasks, by team or by whole. Nonetheless, you can also fix your reports even after the period you have worked on. If you feel that your report lacks some tasks you finished, you can always review and rewrite you reports for a more accurate summary.

Cons

So far, all the features on its free plan have benefited me, my client and my work. I can't see any least of it.

Response from Devart

Replied November 2019

Thanks for your trust, Renelene Jay. We will continue to keep it this way.

Marcos from Sepia Creativa

my sepia review

It's easy to use and It helps to see how much time your team spend un each Project and each tag

Pros

The time tracking, It helps a lot and I like too the easy to use the platform, although the usability can be improved.

Cons

The reports, i would like It to be more peronalized

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

I like the integration with asana and Google

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Thanks for your feedback, Marcos.

Daniel from Fight or Flight Games, LLC

Industry: Computer Games

Perfect for a Startup

I've been using T-Metric for months, and it has been my go-to time-tracking software. It is currently offered for free so its value for money is superb.We'll see how they choose to charge for their service in the future. For now, it being free and having a nice Chrome extension that plays well with Asana, as well as its extremely easy-to-use interface and simplicity are what drew me to it and keep me here.

Pros

Simple, free, easy to track track time and generate reports.

Cons

In my specific case, the limitation that prevents employees from entering time more than 3 days late has been troublesome. I would like to see an option to control this functionality, as well as perhaps a time-approval process that can be done on a weekly basis, where employees submit their time and have it approved by a supervisor.

Peter from Mountain Hazelnuts

Industry: Farming

Useful but limited

Positive.

Pros

Ease of use and simple management console for administration

Cons

Linear cost structure, should be cheaper per user for more users. Lack of transparency in which specific features are tied to specific product pricing levels. Lack of API integration with other IT systems.

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

Ease of use and reporting systems.

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Thank, Peter, for your feedback! We have a release with a new list of integration. Here you can see some of them https://blog.tmetric.com/tmetric-adds-6-new-integrations/.

Whit from FlexDealer Solutions

Functional and Integrates

Positive.

Pros

This product is functional and integrates well with our project management software and in its own window and app. Would suggest giving it a try at multiple tiers.

Cons

That the timer doesn't always start when you click it.

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Thanks for your review, we will take it into account.

Brandon from Zellous Design

Nice Straightforward Time Tracking App

My favorite thing about TMetric is the day view. This is the main view where you start and stop tasks. It's incredibly simple and has a fantastic graph showing all logged work for the day. This lets me easily see: - How much I've been working on a task during the day - How much time I've logged for the day - By hovering, I can see how long each break I took was. I've used several other time tracking services, and none of them made it this easy to cover those basic features. -- Pros: - Great day overview graphic. - Easily see how long breaks where. - Free for up to 5 users! Cons: - The UI isn't the most intuitive. Once you understand how things work, it's easy. - Desktop app is for Windows only, so I can't take advantage of their automatic tracking. - Reports don't generate any graphics, just line items with hours. Currently the reports tell you things like "You spent 40 hours on this project", but I don't see a way to see a graphic that would tell me when I worked those 40 hours. -- Overall, this a great tool for time tracking. My one piece of advice if you're thinking of trying TMetric: Commit to trying this for a week. You need to push past the initial setup and slight learning curve to enjoy how easy TMetric is to use.

Pros

The thing I like most about TMetric is the "Today" page. It provides great information and makes time tracking quite simple.

Cons

The reports are fairly barebones... just the data. Wish the time tracking data was used to create graphics of how much work was done on each day/week/month for different projects.

Attila from S1

Helped me to spend less time on accounting

I have to account for my time amongst some projects and report back times spent. TMetric's browser plugin makes this accounting a very easy and time-saving effort.

Pros

The best part is multi-device integrations, you can use your phone and browser plugin and they are all in sync. I also like that the browser plugin can fetch data from the current context (like adding a button to a Jira ticket and filling up everything when you click on that). Hm, no, the best part is for basic accounting the free version is enough. And if you need more features, you can always opt-in to the paid plans. But frankly, the existence of the free option made me to start using it.

Cons

It would be nice if the browser plugin (firefox) could do search as you type (for searching past tasks).

Reasons for Switching to TMetric

Not really supported anymore, no browser integrations

Response from Devart

Replied November 2019

Attila, thanks for your honest feedback. This feature is already available in TMetric.

Pablo from Guadaltel S.L.

A perfect tool for track my daily task

I had used tools like this in my desktop enviroment for years but I lost time every day writing the name of the task, project etc.. Since I use tmetric I can focus in my work without afraid of lossing my time because i didnt write.

Pros

The most important thing for me is that you have not to write anything. There is a perfect integration between tools like redmine, github, google anf tmetric. So you don't need to do anything, just click on "start time" and the program do everithing.

Cons

Nothing. I think this is a perfect tool for mine.

Response from Devart

Replied November 2019

Thanks a lot for the review, Pablo. Your opinion is important for our team.

Keeping Time

I have had a super positive experience after deciding to actually use the product ALL THE TIME!

Pros

The history shows the applications I was using. This helps keep me working and helps me understand how I spend the day.

Cons

The desktop app is not as polished as some other macOS apps

Reasons for Choosing TMetric

Integration that was seamless and supported same core features we need

Product went EOL

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Thanks a lot for your time and review.

Philip from Phil Inc

Makes life easy

The integration with Asana is much smoother and hassle-free than most of the other options out there.

Pros

- The integration with Asana makes it a pleasure to use on a daily basis - It's very simple to make adjustments to time entries - Reports have a clean design and flexible enough to see how you spend your time

Cons

- It doesn't seem to support multiple workspaces from Asana

Reasons for Switching to TMetric

I wanted a one click Asana integration.

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Thanks for review. Here you can find more info about integration with Asana https://tmetric.com/integrations/asana-time-tracking

Ali from Vergil Development + Blockeys

I always choose TMetric for any new team or project setup for years

We are tracking time of developers and reviewing their work according to TMetric data and it really helps us to manage our team and product development. Also TMetric is part of our KPI calculation.

Pros

It' easy to use - the UI/UX is so intuitive. Last months it even became more available thanks to multi account support.

Cons

Sometimes it has shutdowns. Sometimes it happened during really important period of time, where I needed it the most.

Reasons for Switching to TMetric

Because Toggle was hard and not comfortable to use.

Response from Devart

Replied January 2020

Thanks for your trust, Ali. We will take it into account.

Marijan from freelance

Perfect tracking solution

I had a couple of very small problems with it within my years of using the app. Everytime I submitted and tried to contact the support they were friendly and patched things up real quick- Even though I was a free user. I wouldn't trade this app for the world!

Pros

There is a lot that TMetric has to offer but for me two things stand out: 1. The ability to track time: you have various plugins (desktop,in browser) or you can just go to your in app and track tiime. Also it even easier to track time with various tools: asana, jira,trello etc. It adds a task name also so you don't have to bother with that 2. Reporting: The reports are great. When I send my clients the reports on the end of the month they are very pleased. also it is great overview to monitor your self progress.

Cons

The when having subtasks on Trello it would be usefull to get the names of the parent task as well as the subtask

Mostly because of the GUI and options + It seems overall faster

Response from Devart

Replied November 2019

We appreciate your point of view. Thanks for the feedback. We'll take it into account.

Borja from The Agile Monkeys

A good option to consider

I've been using this tool since I join my company to log what I do and where I spend my time. It's very easy to use, and the reports are very useful. The only problems I've had are described in the Cons section, so a good app in general.

Pros

* Easy to use * Excellent free tier. * Can filter tasks by project, client, dates, tags, ...

Cons

* Sometimes it loses connection to the server and you're unable to start/stop tasks. * Hard (impossible?) to fix recurrent tasks: if you reuse a task but you didn't apply correct project/tags the first time, you'll need to set it every time you select it again

Response from Devart

Replied January 2020

Thanks. We appreciate your point of view. After numerous updates, we optimized the connection channel and the service is no longer falling.

Daniel from Merrick

Indispensable Tool for Intuitive Time Tracking

Pros

It’s extremely easy to use. It also behaves in intuitive ways, like adding breaks which, by default, automatically end at the time you press the button.

Cons

I don’t use all the bells and whistles, and the pro version may be leas affordable for teams which are small and still trying to get funding, but it’s nonetheless a great product. The staff also works with you to extend trials in extenuating circumstances. They’re great people.

Response from Devart

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the review, Daniel. Your opinion is important for us.

Robin from Moonkin

One of the best time trackers available

Time tracking is hard, I've used 2-3 other time tracking apps on a daily basis for a couple of months and the only piece of software that really nailed the core functionality for me was TMetric. The interface is put simply, a pleasure to work with. On top of that, I don't even use the main interface that much, because the Chrome Extension integrates neatly with almost every (webdev) project management tool we've used (Github, Gitlab, JIRA, ..) The only thing that would be a nice to have(having used Harvest as well), is billing rates per tag or task categories. We bill certain types of tasks within a project differently to our customers and creating a project per type of task for every customer seems like an akward way of achieving this. I know a few companies that would switch to TMetric instantly if this feature was available. Overall I love TMetric and it's simplicity!

Pros

- Lightweight interface - Simplicity

Cons

- No per task type / category / tag billing rates

Franco from Albarran Architects LLC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Awesome Timesheet!

Overall I like TMetric and would recommend to anyone. It’s a great time tracking app!

Pros

I really liked how I can run reports VERY easily! I can see my reports in a lie chart with a project % breakdown or a very detailed daily report.

Cons

I wish the app worked better with Google Calendar.

Cost

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Thanks for your point of view, Franco.

Jasmine M. from Jasmine Platypus

Absolutely a time saver

It’s fairly easy to use, not a whole lot of thinking involved. I absolutely love it.

Pros

It tracks my activity and I’m able to add breaks where I see fit to ensure I’m charging the client for work conducted.

Cons

I would love the ability to send the client my activity log and show them where I inserted breaks an such.

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Thank you for the review! Here you can find information about how to invite a client representative https://tmetric.com/help/workspace-management/collaborating-with-your-clients

Damiano from SEO Pirates

Best tracking software ever!

Pros

I can track all my activity directly from the other software that I am using for project management and time management. I can see the report for single task, project, client and calculating the team budget base on revenue.

Cons

The email alert of budget isn't clear. I have to open the report on website to understand which project is overbudget.

Response from Devart

Replied July 2020

Thank you for the review Damiano! We took your remarks into consideration and will improve our system.