What are Toodledo users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Toodledo software through verified user reviews

• icon"It is very easy to learn and use. There's no learning curve."
  • icon"The integration of a notebook and tasks makes the app attractive as an all in one solution for managing your daily tasks."
  • icon"Toodledo is easy to use. You're given the option of customizing the interface/features that appear and there are many different options."
  • icon"Productivity apps only work if you use them and I just got bored I think."
  • icon"Old interface, almost non existant support and useless iOS app."
  • icon"No one has ever got back to me. I do hate to criticize Toodledo in any way because I love the app. But I have to tell my own personal experience."

Browse all Toodledo Reviews

• Have you used Toodledo and would like to share your experience with others?

Nicole

Absolute best task management app

Pros

100% multiplatform. It sync's beautifully across multiple devices. 99.99% reliable. I have never had it go dark on me. It is extremely flexible, way more flexible than I need and has the best (largest) notes field of any task app I have ever evaluated. It has kept its simplicity and does not overcomplicate things so it is fast and reliable and easy to add new tasks to the list. Toodledo offers a robust free version that really takes care of everything I actually need in a task list, but I pay for the silver subscription because I value their product and want to help keep it around.

Very adaptable to your way of getting stuff done, outdated UIs

Pros

I have been trying out various softwares for task management (I think between 5 and 10) and have been using Toodledo for the longest overall time. One killer criterion for me was the ability to import/export my data - and that is unrivalled amongst all competitor products I have used so far. Using the feature "Saved Searches" I have been able to "mold" Toodledo into my custom workflow - and essentially that is the thing most of us will likely end up having to do with a task management software: Experiment, find your own way of getting things done, then adapt existing software to implement your way. I cannot think of any other task management tool that is as deeply configurable and adaptable to any workflow as Toodledo. In that sense it is like Atlassian Jira (with all the pros and cons).

Cons

Being able to configure everything of course makes it difficult for new users: There is no really "recommended" opinionated setup for beginners. That mostly falls in line with the pretty much outdated UI on the Web app and the mobile apps. But given the new ownership of the company/product, I am confident that a revamp to both the mobile and the webapp UIs are just around the corner.

Reasons for switching to Toodledo

More configuration options Less lock-in, more import/export options

Rashida

Keeps me more productive

Pros

The abundance of ways you can approach adding your tasks is great . You can sum them up , leave sub-tasks and also notes as needed .You can use it both as a webpage and as an app.

Cons

The UI could use a cosmetic revamp. Toodledo takes really long to load on mobile.

Johanne

Used to be great but is going downhill!

Not forgetting about tasks, having them repeat once I've done it and most important, being able to plan my day based on the duration assigned to each task. Lately, using it has become frustrating: iPad version hasn't been updated in years and it is very sluggish, having to wait 5-10 seconds between each change to one task. Also, their servers are useless: very often I check something as being done in the morning and I still get an alarm 6-8 hours later! Or, I add a new task with an alarm and, unless I'm on my desktop, the alarm doesn't happen.

Pros

I like all the options for tasks, repeating tasks, due date and time and the fact that I can see how my day is planned on iCal. I also like to have alarms so I don't forget to do something if I'm busy with something else. I also like folders and tags and I use those a lot.

Cons

The one feature I asked a long time ago was the ability for the repeat function to repeat on a certain date, such as 1st of the month or last day. I was told it would be looked at, but it's been over 3 years and nothing has changed.

Reasons for choosing Toodledo

Because of all their features, especially folders and tags and the fact that I could use it on my desktop, iPhone and iPad so I was never without my to-do lists.

Reasons for switching to Toodledo

They stopped supporting Macs when OS 9 (classic) disappeared.

Response from Toodledo

Johanne, Thanks a lot for your review. Toodledo has new ownership since July 2021 and since then a lot has changed. Give us another try and make sure to signup for our newsletter (bottom of the page) www.toodledo.com to receive the latest updates!

Suzillah

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Toodledo keep me productive

Pros

Things that i really like with software is, the system is very simple to follows and i can manage it very easily without any problem within. I use the recurring task automation often as i have a repetitive task daily, and making sure i don't miss anything with the help of this software.

Cons

I like least with the mobile application of this software. It is slow and keep crashing on my smartphone and not very reliable. I had to access the software from the web browser on my smartphone, but still not very effective as they will not refresh on real-time and i had to refresh it manually.

Response from Toodledo

Thanks a lot Suzillah for your honest review. We are currently working on developing completely new mobile apps for the iOS and Android platforms and hope to have these released by Q1 2022. Also, please feel free to send us a support request with anything we can help you sort out: support@toodledo.com Thanks again!

Devlyn

A solid app for task management and organizing info

My most common use was to track orders through production and Toodledo does it well, but it is ultimately just a list and I wanted to be able to print tags from the information and that is just not what Toodledo does. Having to use two different programs created a redundancy, unfortunately, but I still use Toodledo occasionally for some information storage. I recommend it highly if you don't want a bunch of bells and whistles but just a really solid app that is well designed.

Pros

This is a robust app that can organize information in a variety of ways. Lists of tasks, lists of items, note taking, habit tracking, outlines can all be stored and accessed easily. It's a great catch-all for all of these things. The android app is also easily used. I liked it so much, I paid for it for a few years!

Cons

Productivity apps only work if you use them and I just got bored I think. ADD brain means that I get easily distracted and, unless engaged, things start getting more cumbersome with familiarity and as I discover limitations. Toodledo worked great for me until I wanted to use my information in ways that it wasn't suited for, so I drifted away from it.

Reasons for choosing Toodledo

I used Google Sheets in conjunction with Toodledo, but ultimately moved to another product that could do the job of both.

Adra Safiya

Plan my day activities with Toodledo

Using this software to manage and organized all my daily task has proven to increase my productivity and keep me on time track.

Pros

Toodledo is very easy to be used for me to plan and schedule my daily task and activity. I can add the main task, then adding sub-task and to-do list with it and it all work really smooth. Toodledo data is stored on the cloud service, and not on the stand alone device, which is very helpful as i can access to the software from any device.

Cons

Sadly, there are no new feature or tools that are updated on this software. It feels like the developer has abandon this software and has no future planning for it anymore. It used to be one of the best to-do application on the market, but now some of the feature has been outdated and obsolete.

Falisha

Plan and schedule task easily

Pros

Toodledo is the best application that has help me managing and scheduling my task. It help me to be more organized with my daily task and keep track on the task that still on pending and needed to be finish on the dateline. There are mobile application provided to easily access it from my mobile phone.

Cons

There are some hiccup with the sync between the mobile phone version and the web browser version. Some of the entries that i made on the web browser version is not appeared or or visible on the mobile application version. I need to relaunching the application for it to grab the latest data of my account.

Hope

Use this every day

I use it to track my special orders - who, what, where and when. I use it for my ordering of staples - Office, Foodstuff, packaging/Shipping supplies, special order items, etc.

Pros

I can add, subtract, make the lists, tasks, etc. match my needs. It keeps my kitchen, office and me all on the same page with orders, inventory, etc. remotely and on site because I can use the app, my staff can use it on the computer or tablet we have.

Cons

Syncing up doesn't always happen like it should and I don't know it wasn't synced until it's too late.

Reasons for choosing Toodledo

I looked at other organizational software but they were too expensive or too much for what I needed. Toodledo was the right price for all I needed in an organizational listing software.

Jason

Best to do and organization app

I depend on this app everyday. I use it both for professional and personal items.

Pros

I’ve tried many others. However, Toodledo is the easiest to use with the most options. I love the repeat options offered, and the ability to reschedule deadlines, etc.

Cons

They are still growing and improving. I have used Toodledo for over 10 years. The app has provided consistent coverage over that time, and made adjustments often enough to remain viable.

It keeps my schedule sane

As a freelance writer, I often have a dozen different projects scheduled. Toodledo helps me see them all at once, on one page, in order. That helps me know whether I can take on a new project, or if my schedule will be to full. I don't use the other options, but this alone means I always have Toodledo on a pinned In my browser.

Pros

I keep calendars, but I like Toodledo for the one-page task list that sorts things by due date.

Cons

When I mark a task as complete, I wish it would automatically delete. Instead I have to refresh the screen to bring up the delete button. But I expect some users, especially groups, would prefer to have finished tasks still visible.

Tony

Industry: Oil & Energy

ToodleDo simple but full-featured

Something to help me organize my personal and professional life at a reasonable price.

Pros

Simple to do list, separate list and daily task functionality

Cons

The company was in flux and improvements stopped for a while. As I write this, (November 2021), new ownership seems eager to bring it back.

Brian

Was Once Better

Pros

It is a very fully featured task manager that offers a lot of customization options and features. Feature wise it is way a head of other popular task managers.

Cons

Development has slowed and the interface is way outdated. They really have not kept up with other players in the game as far as design goes. I wish them well.

Jay

Toodledo really helps me keep my life and business in order

Toodledo really works. The design of the web app really helps you accomplish your daily goals, and you actually feel fulfilled as you are completing each task and checking it off the list.

Pros

I was absolutely overwhelmed with tasks, scheduled phone calls, and meetings. One day when I was feeling particularly overwhelmed, I decided to call my most organized friend. She told me about Toodledo. Toodledo is a task based and calendar based system to keep your life in check. With Toodledo, I have been able to complete 35% to 50% more tasks daily because I am not constantly having to remember everything. Plus, the system makes checking off the "to do list" items exceptionally easy. There is a mobile app, but I use only the desktop application. I love waking up every morning and not having to quickly think of everything I should be doing. Tasks are now easier and more fun to accomplish, so I can say that Toodledo has made my life better. You can't give a higher compliment for an app than that.

Cons

Unfortunately, customer service has not been as good as I would like. I have asked the same question a few times. No one has ever got back to me. I do hate to criticize Toodledo in any way because I love the app. But I have to tell my own personal experience.

Reasons for choosing Toodledo

My most organized friend uses Toodledo and suggested it. So I decided to try it, and she was right. It really works.

Reasons for switching to Toodledo

Google Calendar is fine, but it does not help me accomplish anything. It only helped me organize my appointments and meetings.

Amelia

Worth the subscription

Toodledo is a very functional to-do list app, particularly for recurring tasks. The tagging systems that come with Premium are excellent, and I felt they were worth the cost.

Pros

The power of the filters, sorting capabilities and tagging makes this a hugely useful app for organizing all of your to-dos from life, work and school in one place. I also love how open and cooperative they are with independent programmers building apps that integrate with other programs like Gmail.

Cons

There's no way to retrieve a completed task once it's been checked off and the page refreshed. This wasn't a problem 90% of the time, but I wish there'd been a completed tasks folder at least for a few days back. I also wish there were more official app integrations that I could use. The third-party integrations can be difficult to vet or use.

Go to tool for organization

Extremely positive. It is the best unknown task tool available. I lead a large CS (Customer Success) Team. I manage my asks and daily items in Toodledo. It is key to my role and I highly relate it to my ability to get tasks completed.

Pros

I love the subtask, and the ability to slice and dice my organizational lists. Toodledo is my go-to tool for organization. I have been a user since 2013. I have researched other methodologies and tools I have not found a better tool.

Cons

Releases have been slow until recently. The company is under new leadership and the frequency and quality of releases have increased.

Natasha

The smart way to organize your daily tasks

I love that you provide an organized structure of my daily tasks, I feel that besides organizing, you develop discipline in your day to day, that is why I have recommended it to my co-workers

Pros

Create your personalized task list indicating the status of your preference, with the option to reorganize it if at any moment a change arises. Establish order of priority and due dates to remember its completion, organize into folders grouping the tasks as required

Cons

There are features that must be added, such as allowing files to be uploaded and updating the design of the interface

Brandelle

Keeps me more productive

Pros

Toodledo excels in its simplicity . The setup and general usage are easy and the lack of hassle improves the chances of you using the app continuously . It is easy to automate recurring tasks and you also have the option to just repeat ones from your history .

Cons

The app is a lot more buggy and slow on mobile ,compared to on desktop . The file size limits are too low and general file sharing could be made less complicated .

Geoffrey

Used for 5 years - love it - run my whole life on it

Run my whole life on it - work Volunteer Family Home Personal - Like the fact on can easily update on my iPone and PC....

Pros

tasks carry forward from day to day week to week etc

Cons

Previous [SENSITIVE CONTENT] slack - new [SENSITIVE CONTENT] really effective

simple - easy to set up and use -

Marc

Beware. Largely abandoned by ownership.

The underlying tool is great but now neglected. I frankly view it as a hazard. Again read the forum right on the Toodledo website and the scope of the problem will be crystal clear.

Pros

It was great. Could store tons of info and arrange tasks easily.

Cons

Several years ago Toodledp was sold to a company called Pink Java. Since then there have been promises made and none kept. I left my account and requested delete with nearly a year subscription. There have been glitches. Possible intrusions. And management has vanished. As best I can tell tickets are ignored. If you do not believe me read the forums on the Toodledo website. Read admins [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] posts—[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] left without a peep. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] told me that they intend only [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to run the site, but he has gone dark and so far seems to have made good on any of his promises. Whether it is good or not, one simply should not rely on such sloppy management.

Response from Toodledo

Marc, I hope you have seen the latest news, Toodledo has new owners since July 2021: https://blog.toodledo.com/hello-from-the-new-toodledo-team/ Since then, customer service has gone form 0 to 100. We answer any incident within 24h. Feel free to signup for our newsletter as we will be sending the latest one out at the end of this week: https://www.toodledo.com/ (Signup at the bottom of the page)

Juliana

Easy-to-use task management software but limited features and not easy for collaboration

Pros

It is very easy to learn and use. There's no learning curve. Good for use on an individual level.

Cons

We found it difficult to collaborate with others using this software. It lacked many features we needed. Ultimately, we ended up moving to a more robust tool.

Kevin

Personal Task Manager

I'm able to put in reminders, order tasks by priority, and ensure that things don't get lost / dropped. Very helpful to keep track of everything.

Pros

Free version provides key features that enable me to track action items and ensure they get completed.

Cons

Tracking on-going action items that shift can be a bit of a job. You have to figure out how you want to use the software and then make it work to your approach.

Jaime

abandonware

I'm lookig forward to my subscription ends to jump ship.

Pros

Back 6 years ago it was a top notch software, now development it has stalled.

Cons

Old interface, almost non existant support and useless iOS app.

Response from Toodledo

Jaime, As you may have heard, Toodledo has new owners! Check out the news here: https://blog.toodledo.com/hello-from-the-new-toodledo-team/ We certainly hope you will give us another try as the customer service has turned from non-existent to top notch ;-)

Replied October 2021

A very full featured task app

Toodledo is a great tool for not only tracking your tasks but it more broadly helps your organize your life.

Pros

Cons

The interface need an update to keep up with more attractive offerings from other apps and it's hard to integrate Toodledo with other apps you might be using to check tasks off the list.

Scott

Outdated software that doesn't match the competition

Pros

I used Toodledo almost a decade ago when the design looked modern, the iOS syncing was innovative and helpful, and the competition landscape was dry. It was reliable and the uptime is great.

Cons

The "look" of the software matches the functionality - outdated beyond use. Without any natural language processing to quickly enter in tasks or a Mac desktop app for easy loading, entering in and managing tasks is a big ordeal... which shouldn't be the case. The premium pricing is the same as other competitors which offer more modern design and functionality, so it's not worth investing in Toodledo.

Response from Toodledo

Scott, We appreciate your feedback. However, Toodledo has been revived since it has new owners as of July 2021. Please have a look at the latest news on our blog: https://blog.toodledo.com/ Also be sure to sign up to our newsletter as we will be updating the community of our first 100 days of ownership as to what we have updated and what is still to come!

Toodledo