All ConstructionOnline Reviews

Rean

Reviewed October 2017

This is the best new "toy" I've had in years. I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Saves time. Makes it easy to find stuff. Helps you stay organized. Keeps subs, vendors, owners, architects, vendors all on the same page.

PROS

I am a new user of this kind of software. A few months ago I did not even know that something like this existed. It has opened a whole new world for me and I am blown away by what this software can do. We demo'ed a few competing products before making a choice and it was the wide range of features at the most competitive price that sold us on ConstructionOnline. I especially like the messaging feature which is basically an email system dedicated to one specific project.

CONS

There is nothing I really dislike about ConstructionOnline, there are just some features I do not use as they do not meet my needs as a commercial general contractor. For example, I do not use Estimating and Change Orders as they seem to be less robust than some of the other software products. These features seem to be geared more towards the residential market. However, I realize it is hard to be everything for everyone. A feature, I think, that would be nice would be the ability to sign documents electronically. Maybe one can do it through Redline; if so, I have not been able to figure it out yet. As a general contractor one has to collect submittal packages from vendors and subcontractors, review them, and then attach a separate sheet to the package, that contains your stamp of approval/comments/signature on it, before you forward the submittal package on to the architect/engineer for review. On this submittal sheet there is space for the different reviewers to add their stamps as well. It would be nice if ConstructionOnline could generate this submittal sheet that you can attach to submittal packages sent to you. Currently, I generate the submittal sheet in another project management program, print it, place my stamp on it, sign it, scan it back into my computer, upload it to a pdf editor, add it to the submittal package file, and then upload the combined file to ConstructionOnline. It would be nice if you could do it all in ConstructionOnline.

Nate

Reviewed October 2022

ConstructionOnline after 1 year

onboarding, implimentation and getting set up in the beginning was incredible. ConstructionOnline moves at the speed we move, they know how to get you up and running with minimal delay.

PROS

The scheduling and calendar function are top notch. easily shifting from calendar view to Gant view makes a big difference allowing multiple user preferences. Hands down the best way to manage your build calendar.Also, their customer support is at a whole new level, no other platform comes close to the speed and efficiency of their response time.

CONS

Estimating and financials get a little cumbersome.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

The ease of of use with the build calendar.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

We started mixed use, multy-family and commercial projects, needed a more robust platform.

Jordana

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Thank you CO for making my Job easier :)

PROS

I love how user friendly Construction Online is! I love how the CO team is always available for help or training and I love how CO takes account the consumers suggestions and implements them into the software for an even easier time!

CONS

Sometimes it times me out and shuts down.

DJ

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2017

We are excited to put gameplan into action, but it seems it needs some work first

Our business uses it for scheduling, but we are looking forward to using the GamePlan function when it is ready

PROS

If GamePlan works as it should, this could almost turn our operations into a self driving car. The increased efficiency and convenience we expect to get out of this should have a direct impact on our bottom line, as well as our ability to leave our clients satisfied

CONS

The OnSite App seems to need work before we can even use this. The language used in the app is confusing as well as the functionality. This makes the likelihood of proper use by our guys in the field highly unlikely, which could be worse than if we don't use GamePlan at all. It needs to be clear to the user that they just "Completed" the task. Currently, it says "Dismiss Event," which sounds more like you are ignoring the task. Additionally, you need a submit button, complete task button, or some type of clear confirmation that lets the OnSite User know, for sure, that they have just completed the task in the system. Then, the main page of the app needs to reflect that the task was completed. Additionally, I do not see anything actually being completed in construction online from the operations manager end of things. That takes most of the benefits of the software away. I tested this by creating a fake user account and assigning tasks to myself from construction online. I couldn't tell what I was doing when I was "Dismissing" event because I couldn't tell if it has updated the app. Then when I went into construction online, it did not show that anything of the tasks were completed. Again, we can't wait to get GamePlan implemented in the business, but I think we need some kinks worked out before we put it into place.

Reviewed February 2024

It was hard for me to change programs, but it was the best decision I could have made..

I can tell UDA spent a great deal of time putting this program together. There are a couple things I hope they will change but the ease-of-use once you get up to speed is wonderful. I have found the customer service to be the best I have ever received.

PROS

It is packed with every tool I will ever need to manage my construction company. Also, the customer support is top notch.

CONS

I found migrating my projects and linking them to clients from Construction Suite was very time consuming. The calendar only migrated over two weeks from the whole year. I had to repopulate the calendar all over again.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

I was forced to. The other program that I used for 20 years was not going to be supported anymore. Sometimes great decisions have to smack you on the head for you to see them.

Ray

Reviewed January 2024

Construction Online

The product is easy to use provides a great user friendly tool to manage projects.

PROS

The app is user friendly, overall easy to use and train, has almost every Project Management tool that a construction Project Manager will need.

CONS

Very basic estimating tool, very basic scheduling tool, very poor billing, invoice management and cost tracking

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

The cost was the main factor that led to the decision to move away

Thomas

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

ConstructionOnline Review!

PROS

The scheduling and team management features.

CONS

Using the mobile site, some of the features do not work properly.

Markielah

CO Review, 10/10

PROS

The thing I appreciate the most about the software is how innovative and easy it is. Everything is straightforward, you have all of the things you could ever need from the preliminary phase of a project to the punch list when you’re almost at the completion of a project. Another key element is the option to produce an itemized list of materials directly from your material take off, which I have not seen before in any software and I’ve looked at plenty!

CONS

I don’t particularly dislike anything about the software. The only things that really comes to mind is the pricing and even with that, the elements you’re paying for is absolutely with it! So yes, they can be a tad bit pricey but it all pays off in the long run.

ned

Reviewed May 2024

Best way to keep track of your project

PROS

everything is great what i use on daily basis

CONS

There is nothing that i dislike about. as i said what ever i use is easy to use and does the work for me

michael

Reviewed February 2024

Consulting

PROS

ease of transition from current software

CONS

The dash board was kind of hare to get use to...

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

More options for our growning company...

Cheyli

Reviewed May 2024

Easiest project management tool!!!

Amazing!! Its been so easy to learn and that makes it so easy to train other people as well.

PROS

I am a former UDA desktop user, and let me tell you how much the online version has helped me. It so much easier to navigate, It has a lot of new helpful options and my favorite part is the costumer service.. oh my god, they are so helpful and you can contact them so easily.

CONS

I have not found something that I do not like just yet.

Jason

Reviewed September 2022

Uda construction online

I have used uda since 2007, when I decided to go to an online platform I tried several, none of them had the easy user platform that construction online had

PROS

Estimate budget tracking, scheduling, the use of subcategories, the ability to set tax rates, and profit margins

CONS

You can not adjust the schedule from the mobile app

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

They didn't have the estimating set up in an easy to use dashboard, no sub categories no easy we to use percent of mark up, and tax rates, and all of the categories are in tabs, so when you want to look for a specific item you can just click on the tab for that category, the other products you need to scroll through the whole estimate

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

Buildertrend estimating and budget tracking was terrible

Reviewed February 2022

COL is Great

The support staff is amazing. I have always had great solutions to issues I come across here and there. The classes I took for the Quick Books integration were very helpful. We decided to change our entire book keeping around how socket exports to Quick Books.

PROS

I love the estimating. It keeps the estimate more organized than Quick Books. Adding notes and attaching proposals from other subcontractors and suppliers keeps the information all close by.

CONS

I don't care for having to edit every row line in the estimate so the description spacing can be larger than the Item and cost rows. I wish there was a way to change all of them at once in the top ruler of the editor.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

The look it has. It seemed to be easier for a client and the image to the client was nicer. It's like COL has the look of Mac and Procore has the look of Windows.

Kenneth

Reviewed February 2023

Big Fan!!!

PROS

I really like the estimating integration and project tracking. Its nice to have a platform to house all the information about one project.

CONS

Adding Sheets to a current set is a cumbersome. It would be great id we could add the Architects revision number instead of V1 V2 etc.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

More user friendly on the whole. Additionally, the estimating integration is miles ahead of Procore.

Juan

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

JFL Plug Power Mechanical Engineering review

Overall it's a great software. I have used countless apps and software that detail site information. I think the user interface is fantastic in my opinion, one of the best if not the best. I don't know how the project score works but I'm going to get more familiar. I think just doing this review has opened my world up to all these other tools that I will be using.

PROS

The individual who designed the site interface did a great job. The weather and latest project activity are items that I'll now open when speaking to the engineer at site. In doing this review, I found out that I can see the address of the site, which sounds simple, but is INCREDIBLY useful. If one can imagine, I am looking for a site in 2015, and there are 8 buildings owned by the same major company. It takes me say, 10-15 min finding on google maps where the site exactly is, and even then sometimes it's unclear. Using this site already saved my 2 hours just with that simple application on the main user screen while I was doing this review.

CONS

I think I'd like to have a "Read Me" about each particular site so that I understand what the mindset is of the individual onsite. As an example, a read me note would detail "Raymond Furr will be at site on Monday's and Fridays doing XYZ check, and uploading pictures as the equipment is installed. Feel free to upload site pictures if you have visited the site, or were sent by another party, but understand that I will review the images and may remove if aren't associated with site". This would be similar to "Jobsite Instructions", but it would be to a different audience, mainly to those who aren't on site and need/provide digital information

Don

Reviewed February 2023

Great product, great value

The biggest benefit we've had is the collaboration of information. My field super no longer has to call asking about a PO, he can look online. He can submit back charges and VPO's to me for approval from his phone in the field. Communication amongst our team and to our subs is all in one place for all of us to see.

PROS

This product is really easy to use. The support is amazing. Even with seemingly simple questions, I can call or email them anytime and I always get the help I need. They have even worked with us to make the pricing options scalable for our needs. Transitioning from the desktop version to the online version was a daunting task but after I did it, I wish I would have done it sooner. The features available for our team to collaborate information is invaluable.

CONS

When I am in costbooks, I wish there was a way to click and drag items into new folders. The way it's set up now is a little time consuming. There also isn't a way to deactivate sub-categories in the estimates like there was in the desktop version or set sub-categories as allowances.

Hector

Reviewed January 2022

Lost with out it!

I have been using this software on since 2015 and has been extremely satisfied. I operate as a small residential Contractor and use UDA Suite and Construction online for Estimating, Proposals, Project Tracking (Work Logs and reports), Redline/Plan Room. I use this software on a daily basis and it helps me stay organized.

PROS

Estimating, Proposals, Project Tracking (Work Logs and reports) and Redline/Plan Room. The infrequent times I have an issue or question someone is readily available to help and resolve it immediately. For Example- I called about upgrading my Construction Suite and their Support Specialist Win [SENSITIVE CONTENT] handle my questions in an efficient and professional manner. I'm up running again!

CONS

For me it is helpful to able to see load paths through out my projects. It would be great if you would include an overlay feature in red line/plan room.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

They have a user friendly scheduling software but it was to expensive to justify having both UDA and BuilderTrend.

Brenda