Microsoft To Do

Microsoft To Do Reviews

2,175 Reviews

1,363

• icon"Awesome features on the free version, with a very nice looking interface and allowing for collaboration with others."
  • icon"It's very easy to use and self-explanatory. It has great functionalities, including the ability to share tasks with others and the folders."
  • icon"It is the standard by which I measure all to-do apps, it has a bunch of useful features, a nice UI, and a lot of integration with other apps."
  • icon"What a waste this was replaced by the inconsistent, poor and unreliable todo."
  • icon"It was hard to apply, at first I would not use it that much and miss many deadlines."
  • icon"Also, the product seems to be developed by European because the way it organized dates was that of European and this was always little confusing."

Browse all Microsoft To Do Reviews

• Have you used Microsoft To Do and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,143 reviews

Sam

Company size: 501 - 1,000 employees

Feature rich cross-platform dedicated task manager

Fetiye

August 2022

Keep track of your life!

Since I started using Microsoft to do, my personal life, my job, and academic progress have all become better organized!

Pros

You can log in everything you want to remember and follow. The software helps you customize every single reminder and task according to your needs. It has an excellent organizational format. It gives you reminders at any time you want. You can use it on all of your devices.

Cons

There is nothing I need or feel that is missing right now but I am sure there will be so many new additions soon!

Navneet Singh

December 2021

The to do app

Overall experience was very good with this.

Pros

Microsoft to do comes with a clean and minimalistic user interface. It has widgets that are very helpful. The todos are directly backed up to your drive account so that they can be accessed anywhere and anytime easily on any device.

Cons

The only thing that i dislike about this is that the widgets are not customisable.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

The main thing was notion was also easily accessible on any device and the capabilities it was providing was top notch. Also the templates in notion are also very cool.

Praveen

June 2022

Best Free Task Manager

This has been my main task manager for a long time now. I mainly like the option to add custom lists and the accuracy of reminders.

Pros

The interface of the software is clean and light. The reminder scheduling is very accurate and hardly misses notifying the user about them. The widget provided is also practical and useful.

Cons

The "Add to my day" feature only provides an option to add tasks to today. If a feature can be provided wherein we can add to the upcoming day (tomorrow) the tasks then it will be great.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

The notifications for the reminders were not accurate with Google calendar, they were getting missed.

Mary

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Love the Idea - not greatly executed

Pros

In theory, this program is very straight forward. It sends "to do's" and "day in reviews" often and is easy to follow.

Cons

Many of the tasks are auto-generated or taken from emails and other correspondences through Microsoft. Sometimes they are not relevant or things that require follow up, so it can just add unnecessary additional clutter.

Gaurav

May 2022

The best To-do out there

Pros

Everything about the app is top notch - from the UI to functionalities. After acquiring Wunderlist; Microsoft launched their own To Do app back in 2017. I'm using their app since then for keeping my life organised. I track all my To-do lists from it. The 'My Day' list in the app is a lifesaver to keep yourself organised. From adding sub-tasks to reminders to adding notes and attachments to the task, this app does it all. The integration with Microsoft Outlook is another highlight feature where you could pin and flag your email and it will be converted into a task automatically inside the app. Overall, Microsoft To Do does it all and is better than most of the paid alternatives out there right now.

Cons

The missing feature of Calendar is a must. Its been in the roadmap for quite some time but it there's still no update about it still.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

Wanted to switch from a paid subscription app.

German

August 2022

Task manager applicaton user (To Do), great tool during the day

Before "To Do" I used to organize my tasks in "Google calendar" but it was more time consuming, I'm still using "Google calendar" to make some appointments but, now I am using "To Do" to take small notes during the day, I think it's more easy and friendly than other apps in the market.

Pros

The product is easy to use, I think it was designed for simplicity of use, you don't need much resourses of your machine to run this application. I think for the majority it could be a great tool for tasks management. An also you can add pictures and archives with your notes.

Cons

Maybe the way you search or browse between notes can be improved.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

Because the easy of use, just to make small notes during the day. I still use "Google calendar by Google" for my appointments.

Abid

February 2022

Microsoft To Do is the Best App for Task Management

My overall experience with Microsoft To Do is very good and i strong recommend this software for inviduals who are looking for an incredible app full of amazing features and tools for task management. By using this app i am able to make my to do list and manage my work better it also integrate with outlook.

Pros

I am using Microsoft To Do on daily basis for managing my work and priorities. The user interface is very easy to understand and full of helpful tools and features. Some of important features of Microsoft To Do includes mobile access, recurring tasks and collaboration tools. Microsoft To Do is free and supports android, window 10 and iphone. With the help of Microsoft To Do we can easily share lists with our colleagues and friends to stay in touch.

Cons

Microsoft To Do is doing great but if they improve there customer support, add some more collaboration features and tools then definitely this is number of software for task management.

Tomek

Industry: Chemicals

Microsoft To Do is a very useful task management tool

Microsoft To Do software helps me plan my day and work. Thanks to the reminders, I remember about all sentences and I can complete them on time.

Pros

Microsoft To Do software is easy to use and has the necessary functions. Facilitates work and day planning.

Cons

I found no cons of Microsoft To Do software.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft To Do

is part of the MS Office 365 software, which allows you to easily integrate with other programs included in the MS Office 365 software

Wes

August 2022

Well integrated but not feature heavy

Pros

It is cross platform and can be accessed on all devices, reminders and tools to keep you productive are at your finger tips regardless of where you are.

Cons

Not as feature rich as some of it's competitors, but it is free software so it's hard to complain. However it certainly could be better;.

Cost

Hana

February 2022

Great task management tool

Great tool. It is free with all the necessary functions for task management.

Pros

I had some hesitance when I first tried the software but then I discovered it works like a charm for me. Creating a task is very easy, you can set a deadline for it or recurrence. I use both desktop and mobile app to manage my tasks.

Cons

When I started to work with it I was missing a feature to send an email notification for a task. But I learnt to use the app directly so I have no need to receive emails anymore.

Ezechiel Narcisse

An excellent task manager

I have been using this app to manage my daily tasks and so far it's been great! It's easy to use, syncs across all my devices, and even includes a daily planner and planner tools.

Pros

I love the daily planner and task manager features in Microsoft To-Do. The planner has helped me stay organized and on track to meet my goals because it's so easy to manage everything in one place. I love that I can make a to-do list or create a reminder or note using my voice.

Cons

You can only sync it with Microsoft 365, not another server

Fernando

July 2022

Awesome and sample task management software

I use this software every day to implement getting things done method

Pros

Easy of use. Simple and friendly UI. Order task categories. Due date task. Comments and sub tasks

Cons

I would like more filters and notifications

Nhan

December 2021

Good To-do list app for simple/small workflow

Good for simple/small projects. Lacking of custom filters makes it difficult to work with complex workflow

Pros

Built-in integration with other Microsoft products, I can create tasks from Outlook with just one click. It also supports the capability to expand integration and custom workflow (with Power Automate).

Cons

There is no filter, it can be difficult to keep track of multiple projects with complex and nested tasks. No ability to set priority, reminders for subtasks.

Industry: Civil Engineering

More of a list app rather than a todo app

It's a good product for me to keep lists of things I need to remember. There's nothing too deep or sophisticated. If you are looking for something easy and fast without some of the bells and whistles, this app is a good bet.

Pros

You can make your own categories, has the facility for subitems, has team functionality with task assignment capability. It helps that I can work on the desktop version and go right to my phone app and have all data ready to go. It's pretty immediate too.

Cons

I think this app is more about list keeping than actual personal productivity. The listing and tasks has no serious prioritizing scheme which is crucial for me. You can "star" items but that's as far as prioritization goes. Using dates on your items is a bit clunky too.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

Todoist got too hard to use. It was a chore and, although it did an awful lot, I just didn't need that depth of functionality anymore.

Alys

August 2022

Simplistic in concept and design but packed full of features

Microsoft To-do has made it so much easier for me to keep on top of my tasks, both work and personal. I rarely forget a deadline anymore and I love having the app on my phone to keep track of tasks as they come to mind even on the go!

Pros

Having tried lots of project and task management tools I found Microsoft To-do a breath of fresh air as it was so simple and intuitive to use. I love the reminders features (which has never failed) and how I can flag emails in my Outlook mailbox and it will automatically create a task to follow-up with this email in my To-do list!

Cons

It would be nice to have the option to automatically delete completed tasks after a certain time period rather than only be able to hide them

June 2022

The Smartest Daily Planner You'll Ever Use - Set yourself up for success with Microsoft To Do

The Microsoft to-do app is simple and easy to use. It has a clean, minimalistic design that allows you to get to the task at hand rather than be distracted by stargazing animations or an overabundance of interface elements. Bottom line: Microsoft To-Do is a solid task manager, but it faces stiff competition from Jorte and Todoist. Which one you use will likely depend on how deep your Microsoft Integration is, and what other features you're looking for in a task manager.

Pros

The app is designed to be a personal productivity companion so you can focus on what matters most. It helps you plan your day with the best features of any task manager, while keeping you up-to-date with what's happening now and what's coming soon. The app is simple and easy-to-use, with an elegant design that lets you focus on what matters. All your tasks are stored in one place so you can see them at a glance, set reminders so they're never missed, and add details like attachments and notes.

Cons

There are some missing features that would make this app even better — including the ability to sync across devices, integration with other services like Google Calendar and Dropbox, and more customisation options for when reminders are triggered - location-based reminders (e.g., "when I arrive at work" vs "when I arrive at home")

Microsoft Integration

Gina

Industry: Executive Office

March 2022

To Do or not to do- Microsoft to do

Overall Microsoft to do is one of the top of the line programs and software for companies not only like mine but I'm sure that other companies can use this as well for the cost of the software for a company it's worth every penny and its way of gold because of the way it brings not only every member of your team together but it also makes them a well-oiled machine in delivering the product to a customer in a given time and a given manner and it keeps everybody on board everybody working as a team I couldn't ask for a better program for my company and hopefully you can't for yours

Pros

The features that we as a company alike about Microsoft to do are one that we love the fact that we can schedule a task that we can have subtask situations as well as a timeline of when that task should be finished we also love that it's mobile and that there are file sharing and ways that other employees or other members of the team can see that task and how it's progressing as well as has the tab the test that they're working on scene as progressively being done

Cons

At this point I don't see anything about the Microsoft to do software that we're not happy with we are extremely happy with it we use it on a daily basis and we have no complaints

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

Used calendly for this but it didn't work as well because basically all we could do was enter the task completion date and that was it we could share it but it really wasn't much more than that and we needed a more in-depth and detailed software program to for us to be able to work together as a team and this just does not do it for us it's a great program but it just didn't work for us

Syed Sohail

Industry: Law Practice

Microsoft To Do.. An ultimate organizer

I sarted using it after Microsoft lauched it as a replacement of wunderlist. It is better than majority of other similar apps due to its ease of use. I use it to remember and manage daily tasks both social and wrok related.

Pros

I just love the simplicity and list making speed of Microsoft to do. You can keep a track of all of your tasks and organize them into various categories according along with setting reminders or due dates to them. Its simple and intuitive interface makes is easy to use that other similar softwares. Being a web bases software it enables you to access it from any where in the availability of internet on any device and synchronizes an changes in real time. Apart from an schedular, you can also use Microsoft To Do as a field note book to organize and wrotes thoughts and ideas easily. It also allows you to make sub tasks and create notes for each part. You can easily share your lists with other through sharing a PDF or the incorporated email support which is very useful frature to share agendas and group check lists for meetings and jobs with the concerned persons.

Cons

Microsoft To Do is designed primarily as a to do app, thus it often lacks deeper features which would have been nice. It has limited team collaboration features, but is an excellent choice for simple projects and manage daily tasks.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

Because it is more easy to use and being web based makes it more accessible..

Mario

Industry: Newspapers

Frees up the space in your head...

As I mentioned already, To Do allows me to create lists of tasks, a place to jot down ideas so I don't forget, etc. I suffer from ADHD and this program is really a life saver for me. I use it mostly on my phone but also integrate it with Outlook, my iPad and it alleviates that "I know I'm forgetting something" feeling

Pros

I've always been a list person. if I have to accomplish something, have an important meeting to prepare for and attend, etc. I can create a list of the steps needed to take in order to accomplish said task. To Do offers numerous ways of personalizing lists. You can create a Group of lists that are related in one way or another, add and delete lists from the group or create a list on it's own. You can coordinate it with your calendar and access and sync throughout all your devices and platforms. it allows me the ability to create a list of things I need to do and sub lists needed to accomplish each step. once on the list, I can get it out of my head until I need to address it, freeing up the gray matter to focus on the task at hand. You also can set reminders for each task, schedule them in the future. It's also compatible with Get Things Done. You can also attach the files you need in order to accomplish things

Cons

The one thing that is extremely weak - and this goes for every Microsoft product - is their lack of customer support. First you need to exhaust all the AI options before you can actually address your issue with a real person who may not ever respond to you. And if or when they do, you wonder if they even read the complaint or problem you're experiencing. Truly frustrating experience

Reasons for choosing Microsoft To Do

I felt it would integrate better with the other MS programs

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

It was more of a personal preference but since I use a number of Microsoft products every day it just made more sense to me

Jaime Valeriano

A Review about Microsoft To-Do in a Perspective of College University Student

My overall experience in Microsoft To-Do is that I am able to learn how to be an organized person. I am able to make my tasks in an effective and efficient way to the point that it is one of the bridge for me improving myself to be a responsible student. I must say that this is one of the tools that every student must have that will be really helpful for them to survive school especially in college.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is of course it is free and I am able to create different lists of to-do tasks which gives me the opportunity to classify my priorities to manage. Also, there are different pretty themes that I can choose which I usually make sure that will fit on my overall theme in my laptop itself. In addition, I am also able to put the icon in my taskbar for me not to forget to check my to-do lists in a daily basis. Lastly, my most favorite thing is that it can remind me of all of the tasks through alarm.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any about the what I like the least about this software but when I am going to put my shoes to other person. What I think what they like the least in Microsoft To-do is that they must have a Microsoft account for them to open it especially if they are getting pissed off with a lot of different email account to take care of. In fact, I know someone which is my friend for having an issue like this because of course in our gadgets, we do not have only Microsoft apps but also other apps such as google that will oblige us to create another account. However in this case, it actually doesn't bother me at all. Good thing I have Microsoft To-do that I can actually use to put all of my accounts username and password for me not to forget it.

Alhassan

the perfect bridge to connect your professional and personal lives

Microsoft To-Do allows me to never lose track or forget about the little details of my day like visits to the mechanic, doctor's appointments and family occasions. Beyond task sharing which can be a little difficult sometimes, all the ToDo features function exceptionally well and have really allowed me to better coordinate my personal and professional lives.

Pros

Microsoft To-Do is designed to make usage as uncomplicated and effective as possible. The app is neatly organized into sections that make navigation, entry additions, editing or deletion as simple as possible. It has helped me to better merge my professional engagements with my personal obligations in a way that causes as few clashes as possible.

Cons

Not being able to move items from one list to another is a real headscratcher for me. And also, there should be a settings option one could check to automate moving uncompleted tasks to subsequent days.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft To Do

It still came down to simplicity of use.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

I already had sophisticated work management software at work, what I needed was a simple alternative to focus on my personal obligations and ToDo came out the better fit for that purpose.

Mohammed

zero complication, 100% efficiency

Overall, Microsoft ToDo has been excellent for me. I now have a separate program I can rely on for organizing my personal affairs, removed from my professional engagements and duties. I also love that it can be accessed ad synced across multiple devices even if they're running on different operating systems. And all that for a program that feels and runs so light weigh is simply perfect. On top of all that, it's free.

Pros

With an extremely uncomplicated user interface, I never get lost navigating my way around the program. A typical example is how the sub-menus pop up as an appendage instead of being loaded as an entirely new page. Also, for the very light weight program it is, the system performs extremely well applying some form of AI tech in generating suggestions for new entries, that are almost always accurate. They sure did a very excellent job making the software very user friendly and efficient.

Cons

As a heavy google products user, I was initially disappointed when I realized it didn't come integrated with google calendar. And even though I was eventually able to achieve the connection with another software (Zapier), it would have been easier and better to have it directly.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft To Do

For managing and organizing my personal life, Microsoft ToDo was able to it with the least complication. The others are quite good as well, but more suited for my professional needs.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

Microsoft ToDo was extremely user friendly. As simple as sticky notes, but 100 times more powerful and effective. And I also needed a different software that didn't remind me of work whenever I opened it over the weekend.

Anli

Microsoft To-Do Review

I can pull up my plan for the day regardless of where I am. This is assisting me with remaining coordinated. I was cheerful that the mix with Outlook where a ton of To-Dos begin from would be consistent and assist me with being proficient. Generally, my involvement in To-Do has been a decent encounter.

Pros

I enjoyed the combination with Microsoft Outlook undertakings and hailed email. Working in Outlook a ton of the day made it more effective to stamp messages as follow up things and see that in the To-Do application. I like how simple this application is to utilize. It permits you to set undertakings and arrange them by due date and the errands that should be finished on a particular day. It's exceptionally strong and has numerous highlights, however I appreciate the consistent experience of utilizing it on both my telephone and my PC. I love Microsoft items and this is another victor. Exceptionally basic and causes me to feel like I can deal with my plans for the day easily. Furthermore, cool update highlights. I utilize a PC at work and a Mac at home, however have discovered that To-Do is very simple to use across various working frameworks. It's absolutely a stage over the updates application on my telephone, and I value having the option to get to it (just as get notices and updates) across my numerous gadgets. I like having the option to rank undertakings by request of significance and the capacity to add extra parts like documents or update notes. In general, overly helpful and simple to utilize.

Cons

The To-Do app and work area (through Outlook app) isn't extremely easy to understand contrasted with other more current apps. I was confounded about "Undertakings" and "Tasks" and how those meant hailed messages and assignments. It likewise found a way an excessive number of ways to round out at new To-Do. The absence of highlights is the greatest negative to this product. It comes up short on the usefulness to sort tasks. Glitchy, here and there. Errands I complete tend to at times not synchronize to my telephone or PC, the other way around.

Helped me stay organized for personal and work use for years

For anyone who has found themselves overwhelmed by all of the tasks on their list, this is an amazing tool to help you keep all of your tasks in one place. It can be great for teams as well, because you can assign tasks and then get notified when they've been completed by your teammate. You could literally use it for anything – from individual work to team projects to party planning to grocery shopping. I would suggest scheduling time to regularly review your 'To Do's' to make sure you check off things you've done, and reprioritize when needed.

Pros

I started using To Do when it was Wunderlist, probably around 6 years ago. This app is incredible, and the acquisition / rebrand to Microsoft hasn't changed anything. The app is so simple and user friendly, but you can also use it for more complex things. You can choose to simply write a 'To do' for yourself, or you could also add sub-tasks underneath, add a due date, a reminder, add a ton of notes including links, assign it to another person, etc. In my personal life, I use To Do to organize my grocery list – my partner and I share the list, and will go to different parts of the the grocery store and will see when an item on the grocery list has been checked off in real time. I use To Do even more for work, where I organize all of the tasks I have to do, big or small. I've figured out a great way to utilize the folders and other features that works for me, but it will work differently for everyone.

Cons

You need a Microsoft account to use the app which can be annoying. I also live in fear that this will someday charge for use (right now I have the free version). This isn't going to do everything for you – if you're struggling with staying organized with a mounting list of things to do, I'd suggest reading up on best practices first (there are tons of books out there), but To Do is the perfect tool to complement that and keep all of your tasks in one place.

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,143 reviews