Browse Microsoft To Do Reviews

Youssef from WonderEight

Industry: Information Services

A simplified project management tool

Used wunderlist for so many years, it made my life easier both in work and personal related tasks. In the last years the mobile application became really unstable and we had to migrate to Microsoft TODO

Pros

Very easy to use, create multiple lists and add tasks inside the list. You can share your lists with other team members and assign tasks to them. You will get reminders when a task is due.

Cons

The software is a great task list software but not a fully developed project management tool, it lacks collaboration tools and you can't create a timeline.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Wunderlist is very easy to use and had a very user-friendly mobile application. I used it for many years but was frustrated a bit when the mobile app didn't work well. Made the switch to Microsoft Todo

Chris from John Knox

Productivity tool streamlined for maximum efficiency.

Wunderlust created a streamlined app with a layout and functionality that makes quick daily use easy on me to be more productive and organized.

Pros

The app is streamlined for quick and easy daily use. The layout is intuitive and appealing. The functionality in syncing, recovery, and input are top-tier.

Cons

In its effort to be streamlined, there are not as many options for user customization. While the app is intuitive for its main functions--productivity and organization--a bit more user customization would be nice.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

Wunderlist's price, functionality, and ease of use make it a leader in my mind.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Wunderlist excels where To-Do failed in quick note-taking.

Syazila from Malaysia Marine & Heavy Engineering

Industry: Oil & Energy

Light, but useable

Pros

Microsoft To Do is very suitable for anyone that in need of a simple but workable to-do software. It can easily manage the daily task that has all the feature to reminding, collaborating and add color coded to the task for its current progress.

Cons

There are not much can be talk about this software customization option. Everything is pretty standard. Automation on repetitive daily task can be done, but it will add the task on every day with no option to exclude certain day or make it only repetitive on some date of the month.

Paweł from PWSW

A neat solution, though far from perfect

Although it's quite an elegant solution overall (Microsoft has partnered with Wunderlist, so they must have seen something in it), it has a bit too many quirks and design flaws for my taste. All the basic functionality is there, the synchronization works seamlessly, and the app is visually appealing, but I wouldn't describe the whole experience with the interface as very smooth or extremely intuitive.

Pros

It's clean and simple, syncs quite well across devices (web interface and apps available, with widgets and even a browser add-on), and has some basic GTD functionality (though far from a complete solution).

Cons

Editing tasks is a bit of a nuisance because you have to double click on a task to access its data. Even editing a task name is a bit of a faff. Also, dragging tasks is not hassle-free, e.g. you have to grab the left edge of the task strip (which is not indicated visually except by a "hand" once you're actually hovering on the edge), but when you are in the Today list, although the hand appears as well, the tasks are not draggable for some reason (I struggled quite a lot with this, thinking this was a bug, but apparently it's by design - albeit very poor design, in my view). What I also find very annoying is that when I type in a link in a task description, it is converted to an actual link that works only until you click it, after which (once the target url is opened) it becomes just text and you have to click in some blank area to make it clickable again. It's all a bit inconsistent: you can drag tasks to other lists, but you can't drag a list to another folder; you have to right-click and "move to". All in all, it doesn't make for a very smooth experience.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

It's hard to find a good implementation of GTD (Getting Things Done), or just a good todo/productivity app that is intuitive, has all the essential features, and has fully synced versions for all platforms and devices.

A great personal to-do list, not as great for teams

As a single user, To Do is fantastic. If you need a list for multiple users, it has long fallen short. It really depends on your use case. For teams, there are currently better options out there. for a single user, this is likely my favorite product of its type available.

Pros

I've been using Microsoft's To-Do for years. If you love streamlined and minimal interfaces to keep track of what you need to work on, this is the software for you! Easily make multiple lists for specific projects and move tasks you need to do from them to your 'TODAY' list so you have a handle on what you need to work on.

Cons

The software isn't the best for collaborative use. I suspect if Microsoft continues to support this product, which I hope that they do, we'll see some form of Teas integration to really make his a stand out collaborative piece of software instead of just an amazing stand alone product.

Avash from AvaTel Pvt. Ltd.

A Light To-Do List for Daily Use

I have been using Wunderlist for quite a time now and I am completely satisfied with Wunderlist. I love the fact that it responds much faster than other apps and doesn't consume resources as others do.

Pros

The thing I like most about Wunderlist is that it's very lightweight. It is really easy to work with and runs fast. I use Wunderlist on android and I have a widget on my home screen. I see my list whenever I open my phone and can add items to list easily. I know there are many apps available online which can do this but Wunderlist doesn't consume resources as other apps do.

Cons

Wunderlist was accuired by Microsoft in 2015 and then planned to kill it - so the future of Wunderlist is confusing. So it maybe better to use other apps which have secure future. There are many apps available online which have better features than those available in Wunderlist. So it maybe better to use other apps than Wunderlist. However, I am still using Wunderlist as I am used to it and it isn't resource intensive.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Wunderlist is less resource intensive and responds much faster.

Leon from Chimney king

Wunderlist is organization for a very unorganized guy

Without Wunderlist, I'd be Wunderlost in wunderland, and with it I'm wunderful.

Pros

This software is magical, as it helps keep me organized but it is not complicated and is easy to use. That's a winner for me, because boring or hard to use organizers just waste my time. I don't like spending time organizing to begin with, that's certainty my down fall, and who wants a program that makes it difficult? Easy, effective, worth it

Cons

Absolutely nothing. I guess, I don't like that I have to do the task I out in there! As far as the software, it's the bees knees.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

After using it, it fulfilled my goals. Don't break it if it works!

Great to-do list app, cross platform and does whatever I need

It's the best free product for todo list management I found. I use it daily for a few years now after having tried multiple alternatives, this one is no whistles, but works great!

Pros

It's easy to use, works on every platform I use (Mac, Windows, Web, Android and iOS), and does the job great. It allows collaboration (shared lists, assignees) and has reminders across platforms.

Cons

It doesn't allow complex due dates (e.g. every 2nd Tuesday), and doesn't support complex notes inside tasks, just basic text and links.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Any.do was too clunky, and had some bugs on their web and Mac apps, the last time I tried them.

Angelo from Lambda School

Best app for handling all your tasks and easy to use

Great experience overall I can track my daily/weekly/monthly tasks and it is synced across all my devices no matter the platform. I liked being able to setup notifications and reminders and able to check off as I did them or keep keep them going of not completed.

Pros

The software unlike others was easy to use and didn't have a bunch of stuff I didnt need and also I could have my students use it and they weren't confused asking me questions and they were up and running quickly and managing tasks.

Cons

I would say add more features or Integrations with other sites but that's also why it's good because it's simple and it just works!

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

Because I didnt have to waste time learning how to use everything it was self explanatory and I liked what it did.

Sorry to See it Go

I'm a Getting Things Done fan and started using Wunderlist to help. It's been a fantastic tool over the years and I'd still be using it if it weren't being discontinued.

Pros

Wunderlist is super easy to use and has great customizations. I like that it opens to the list page rather than a specific list.

Cons

That it was bought by Microsoft and will be discontinued. I also wish there was a way to turn off in-app notifications.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Wunderlist did everything I used OmniFocus for, but was cheaper.

Randi from YouthQuake Live

Wunderlist has changed the way we organize task!

We absolutely love and depend on Wunderlst on a daily basis for keeping our organization on track. It helps so much when our team works away from the office most days and you want to add things to various people's to-do list as I oversee a team of people. It helps us stay productive as they don't have to waste time transferring these​​ things from their email to their list which we have done in the past and it lets me see when they have completed a task.

Pros

I love the fact that you have so many levels to organize your list, especially for those who have different areas they oversee​ or want to organize their own lives w/ in the same software.

Cons

I sometimes have a hard time doing a backup​ but have found that just doing it through Export.wunderlist.com works much better.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

It was clean & uncomplicated - didn't take a lot of training & was intuitive - great for our staff as we have college students involved who are able to use it as well and jump right into using it.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Was looking for something that worked better to lists w/ multiple levels.

Wunderlist - Super Simple Straightforward Task Keeper

I actually use Wunderlist actively. If I update tasks on my laptop, there's seamless syncing to my smartphone. I'm on an Android and the app is well designed, very easy to read my tasks, add, update. On my Macbook, I switched from using Wunderlist in my browser (Firefox or Chrome) and am using the desktop app. The desktop app takes very little memory compared to keeping an open tab in either browser. The design of the web app and desktop app are equally pleasing. This is a super clean straightforward app that's quick and easy to use. All I want to know is what I've got coming up next and be able to update it easily. I also like being able to create tasks out of emails, all you need to do is add the email addresses you're sending from and update your account to activate this feature. Having my to do list handy when I'm mobile is really convenient. I also use tags, which makes it super easy to cut to the chase and pull up similar tasks for different projects.

Pros

Sometimes super simple is all you need. What I love about Wunderlist is that it really is a plain and simple tool to keep track of tasks. I've used Todoist, and that's a cool tool too. But ALL I want is something to keep me straight on tasks I have, and have it super easy for me to add and update them. Wunderlist delivers on it's simplicity from actually using it to the look and feel.

Cons

Sometimes I'd like to print out on paper my completed tasks depending on what I'm working on. You can't do this. You can print out your open tasks. I can view a list of the next 7 days of tasks but I can't view what I have open after that. In ToDoist you can view tasks past 1 week in the Inbox. I'm using a tag that I can search and pull up tasks that are over a week old.

A robust & useful task list app

Pros

Having used this app for the past handful of years, I've learned how to utilize many of the features available such as sharing tasks with colleagues and team members, create groups and folders to categorize lists based on work, personal, shopping lists, moves, and a ton of other uses. I have been able to install and sync my lists across all 4 of my devices (2 computers, phone & tablet) so I am always up to date. Tasks can have due dates and reminder dates & times, as well as subtasks which is very helpful when you have a project that has several steps. As each step is completed, it can be marked off and once the full project or phase is done, the parent task can be marked complete. I use this for every type of task from personal items, shopping, bills, client/work projects, follow-ups (there's a notes section to keep track of notes in one place for that task), and even recently, all the tasks for my move including packing, mover information, utilities set up and even family events. Being able to create folders, these tasks are much easier to track and schedule. Things are always getting updated so there are new features which get launched over the course of time so it's much ore robust today than when I first started working with it.

Cons

As awesome as the folders and groups/subtasks are, there can be times things may become a little disorganized. Or it feels that way. I sometimes have to number my individual tasks so I can make sure they're in the order I want since the options available joe for sorting is alphabetically or by due date. So numbering the j divisible tasks creates an alphabetized way to sort. A little bit of a pain short of sorting manually. But these are minor in comparison to the features you do get.

Have things to do? Wunderlist will keep you on track and get your to do list done!

Keeps me organized so I have more time to work and spend less time looking for information. Productivity has probably gone up 25% (according to my time tracking software).

Pros

I am a one person freelance business that does web and graphic design. I use Wunderlist to organize my projects. It's basically a to-do list on steroids. I can add an item to a list. Under that one item, I can add notes, uploads/files, checklists, a deadline, reminders, and star it to bring it to the top of my list. I can also create as many main lists as I want and have as many items as I need under each. It keeps me organized because I can set up deadlines and see at a glance what's done and what is left. I also use the Chrome extension "Wunderlist in Gmail" and what that does is split my Gmail screen so that the Wunderlist app appears inside of Gmail and I can see both my lists and my email at the same time. This is a game changer because I can receive an email from a client, add the item to Wunderlist with a deadline, and file away the email after responding to the client. This keeps me on track with projects and my inbox uncluttered. If you make to-do lists, this app is for you. I used to write things down on sticky notes and then leave my notes at the office and need to reference them at home (such is the life of a freelancer, we're always working). This puts everything in one place that is accessible to me at any time. You can use it for anything from freelance projects to grocery lists to planning vacations (I've done this). You can also add collaborators and assign items to users so it's particularly good for team projects as well.

Cons

There's no integration with anything else , like time tracking or invoicing software, that would make it a serious productivity app.

September 2016

September 2016

A Great Way to Manage All of Your Tasks for You and Your Team(s)

I've been using several different solutions for managing my tasks/projects/deadlines/to-do's for years. I've left Wunderlist only to find myself crawling back due to its ease of use features. It uses keyphrases and contextual clues to predict your tasks due dates or reminders and related contacts which reduces the time you spend making the task and more time to complete it/checking it off. I use it for my personal life as well as Team Projects and Project Management to keep track of all of our tasks in the company. It works very well for small businesses (1-20 employees) with simple tasks that do not require workflow and triggering.

Pros

-You can add anything from anywhere using email, typing out your tasks, or generating them from webpages/inbox etc. -Easy to use Reminder System that is effective at keeping you up to date with what needs to be done and not easy to ignore or let anything slip through the cracks with push notifications. -Smart Tasks allowing you to setup reminders, notifications, group members, tags, etc by simply using the correct words in your tasks and minimizing the time it takes to setup your tasks in general giving you more time to complete them! -Team Collaboration & List Share Options -Device Compatibility and Multi-Platform Apps -Gmail Integration

Cons

-Inability to create projects or automated tasks directly within the app itself, however this can be achieved by using integrations with Zapier etc or using other tools to talk to Wunderlist and create the tasks for you. -Can become bulky when you have a large number of tasks at one time or are managing a lot of projects or lists. -Sometimes the smart task creation/tagging can get in the way when you want to write something simple and it tries to do something else for you.

Jennifer from No Limit

Industry: Performing Arts

Great for keeping on track.

Since we introduced Wunderlist to our business, we really seem to stay on top of things. If you remember something needs to be done, you can easily open the app and add it to the To-Do list and assign it to the proper staff member. As the owner, I can easily track what has been accomplished or the amount of progress that has been made on an assignment. It seems to motivate everyone to quickly get things checked off the list and move on to the next task. It has definitely been an asset to our company.

Pros

This app is wonderful for keeping tasks organized and on track. What we love most is the ability to assign tasks to others, share information, and make notes, and work together to finish tasks quickly and efficiently. It's a bonus that you can use it not only for business, but personal tasks as well, while keeping all of the "to- dos" separate. We love that it works equally as well on our laptops, tablets, and phones.

Cons

I tried to find something I dislike about this app, but I could not. Maybe they could add a larger selection of backgrounds.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

Wunderlist seemed to be easy to use and the right fit for our company.

Tabitha from Tucson Baptist Church

Getting Things Done with Wunderlist

I was recommended Wunderlist from a friend. I am a paper gal through and through. Wunderlist has helped me be more efficient in my tasks. I can access and edit from my computer and my phone. One of the main perks of this program is sharing tasks. That has helped our team stay on the same page and work efficiently. I have used Trello in the past and did not find it as efficient/helpful as Wunderlist.

Pros

There are several things I like most about this software. Being a visual person, Wunderlist satisfies that need. Not only are the lists helpful at-a-glance, I enjoy the personalization allowed. On a more serious note, Wunderlist helps me in staying on target for my tasks. No task falls through the cracks. Within each task, it is helpful being able to set reminders, due dates, repetition, etc. Something else that has greatly come in handy, is being able to share tasks with others in the office. I can keep track of what is getting done or assign tasks to our office aid or other secretaries. The option to print all jobs or list is incredibly helpful.

Cons

I have not run into any problems. My tasks are not too large and this is a great program for the smaller tasks so far.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Trello is not as efficient/helpful as Wunderlist.

Marina from Congo Leadership Initiative

Industry: Philanthropy

Great For Making To-Do Lists of Any Kind!

This is a great app if all you're really looking for is a fairly basic list-making software. I really enjoy using it for packing lists, shopping/grocery lists, and general to-do lists. But if you're looking for a more collaborative or robust project management software, this might not be the one for you.

Pros

Wunderlist makes it quick and easy to make lists of any kind. I like that you can easily switch between your different lists on the left hand side of the program, while managing the contents of those lists on the right hand side of the program (the majority of the screen is dedicated to this purpose). I also really appreciate that you can quickly churn out many list items in a row- all you have to do is press enter and you can immediately begin typing the next item, without having to click anything extra. This is a great time-saver. Also, if you click on any list item, the screen will split so that you can see/create additional information for that list item, including notes, due dates, reminders, and sub-items. This has really helped me stay organized. Wunderlist also has a really nice, clean design that's pleasant to work with. Another big plus: it's great at syncing across devices!

Cons

Wunderlist is great at what it does, but it's probably not as robust a task management softwares as some others that are out on the market. But considering it's free, that's not necessarily the worst thing. One thing that does occasionally bother me is that any list items that are checked off are removed from the list, rather than being crossed out, moved to the bottom, or dimmed. While this can be nice for some things (like grocery shopping), it's more frustrating for recurring/unchanging lists (like a general packing list) since it means you either have to keep re-making the list every time you need it, or fish the crossed off items out of the "completed" tab every time after you're finished with it.

Michael from Renovation Church

Stellar Interface

I'm never behind on completing tasks because everything I have to do is put into a task or list on Wunderlist. I am assigning tasks to team members and am able to keep track of things easily because due dates tell me when something needs to be done. Working through larger projects are easy.

Pros

I love the the week view. As I create tasks (some of them months in advance as I become aware of them), it gets too cumbersome to simply search multiple lists for what tasks need to be done. I live on the weekly list that simply puts everything in order, each day, of what's due that you've given a due date for. Of course, if you don't give it a due date, it won't show up in this view. Every single morning, I open up Wunderlist and start tackling my tasks. I also use it to time block my following week before leaving the office on Friday which helps me stay on task when I come back to projects following a weekend out of the office. Secondly, the fact that you can assign tasks to other people (as long as they have an account setup as well). As the Director of Ministry at our church, I can assign team leaders and volunteers tasks to complete, along with due dates they need to be accomplished by, and then followup with them when I see the due date approaching.

Cons

I wish you could duplicate lists. There are times we have similar items to do for event promotion that would be nice to simply copy one list, change the name/due date/and people included. Instead you're stuck having to create a new list/task from scratch.

Daniel from Daniel2Design

Wunderlist - a simple and effective productivity tool

I have used Wunderlist for almost a year and I happily recommend it to people who want a simple tool to keep organized all the tasks - work, health, shopping. Don't expect overly complicated features, but it's also waaaaay more than a simple list on a paper. Overall, I can't live now without Wunderlist -it makes me more organized. Precious hint: unfortunately, Wunderlist doesn't do the client work, so it doesn't replace your endeavors.

Pros

I am that kind of person who constantly strives to do more in less time. I read a lot of productivity guides and books. I believe about myself that I know a thing or two about productivity. However, there is no productivity expert to know exactly how to make a perfect you. In spite of that, there are tools to help you being more productive and Wunderlist is one of these. Wunderlist does a great job - it lets you schedule your work in a simple way. Create an account and start using it; the dashboard is super user-friendly. No complicated interface, no additional buttons, no useless features. Personally, I love this approach. Another plus of Wunderlist is that the tasks fall into different folders: Work, Home, Health and so on. You can add as many folders as you want. Hence, Wunderlist isn't only a tool to schedule your work, but it's great for personal issues (remembering to buy chocolates for your girlfriend). I useWunderlist on my PC and I installed the app on smartphone - no syncing problems.

Cons

I tried for a few minutes to find a weak point of Wunderlist. I didn't identify one.Probably the integration with a time management tool might might be the subject of an improved version in the future. It will be great to have in a single dasboard Wunderlist+Clockify. However, many people use it for its simplicity and easiness of use. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Chuck from Thatchurch

Most Efficient todo list app I’ve ever used.

We have a lot of volunteers and only a few paid staff. So to have a program that makes it easier to communicate lists to people with out asking them to pay a lot of money is highly beneficial. Wunderlist is my go to note taking app. Most meeting notes are usually lists anyway, and I find it very simple to capture my thoughts on this app

Pros

What I love most about this product is the simplicity and speed of list making. I also use this as a field note book to organize and capture thoughts and ideas quickly. A lot of note taking apps and todo list apps have more features but they are also a lot more complicated to use. Wunderlist is simple and has a very clean lay out. You can also make sub tasks and notes for each todo. But the best part is that it is not at all complicated. The lists can be shared, Either with people on wunderlist , or you can generate a pdf and email / text the list. I use this feature often with agendas and group check lists for meetings and jobs.

Cons

It would be amazing if there was a separate landscape view for iPad and Desk top that layed out the entire lists in rows where you could see them at once. I use separate lists for days of the week. If there was a way of seeing each in a row format at once, it would be easier to migrate tasks to other list as needed.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

I made it because of the ability to add people, share info, simplicity and speed of use.

Eric from Make Contact, LLC

Wunderlist is a simple and elegant to-do list app that will be sorely missed

I will sorely miss Wunderlist as it approaches its last days in 2020. I will struggle to find another List app that keeps it as simple (yet functional!) as Wunderlist.

Pros

I loved how it kept my to-do lists and grocery lists easy to organize and add to. It was stellar for keeping simple things simple. Sharing my lists with family and friends was a real breeze. My whole family uses Wunderlist and we can't complain at all, it's really that predictable, reliable, useful, and great!

Cons

It may be too simple for some people. I find that it is best used as a grocery list and checklist app as opposed to a to-do list app (which many may find Trello to be a better alternative in that regard). The biggest Con for me is that I've used Wunderlist for years now and they are shutting down. So I can only recommend it until they discontinue the service.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

Wunderlist is a beautiful and simple app, and it does its job tremendously well.

Melody from Renewal Christian Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

Excellent for tracking and sorting tasks! Easy to use.

I use this for work, personal life, and volunteer life. I created folders for the various things that I need to do and sort tasks into the various folders. For work, I use this daily to help me track my tasks and keep me focused on what I need to do and I also used shared lists with coworkers to track things we need to purchase for the office. For personal life, I use this as a grocery list, occasionally as a packing list, to track projects I need to do around the house and to keep up on other tasks like bill paying and more. For my volunteer life, I have used it as a shopping list for supplies for my church and to track tasks needed for the coffee shop I help manage. This is very helpful because I can sort the tasks by category, set reminder and due dates, create weekly or daily tasks, and access the information anywhere as it is web based. No more paper lists that I lose and get messing as you cross off and add things to them! I often pull it open at random times when i think of something I need to do and don't want to forget to do it. Overall it's been very helpful to keep me on task with the things I need to do.

Pros

This program tracks all of my tasks. I can organize them into categories and set reminders or due dates for them. It is web based so it's accessible whenever you have the internet and can be used across devices. It synchronizes in real time.

Cons

This is a good product in general, but on some occasions there would be issues with synchronization. The Wunderlist Team worked hard to fix them though and they were usually sort term. I haven't seen any issues in a while with this so they may have improved their system

Matthew from Government Administration

The perfect work / life organiser

Overall I would highly recommend Wunderlist to anyone who is trying to be more organsied. It has helped set reminders, repeating tasks, lists, assignments and more. The mobile app is excellent, especially if you share tasks and lists with others.

Pros

Wunderlist is so simple and effective that it implements into your work / personal life perfectly. The overall ease of use and complete cross device compatibility makes it the go to app for all things to do. Being able to create mulitple lists, setting priorities and adding information and sub lists makes this a great platform.

Cons

As it is designed as a simple to do app, sometimes it lacks deeper features which would be nice. Team collaboration can become limited, but for daily tasks and simple projects it's excellent.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

Wunderlist just looks great and works well. The overall feel and simplicity helped to decide this app over competitiors.

Radoslav from eSoftware

Wunderlist - easily organize your daily tasks

I have been using it for personal purposes - in order to plan my daily activities. In our modern time it is useful to have an app like that, where you can write down your tasks for the week for example, and then just watch every day what you need to do. It helps you not to forget something to do, also keeps the health of your brain and keeps a positive attitude of you when you do not miss anything to do or some person to date. I pretty recommend the app, because it is easy to use, and gives a lot of features that everyone who wants a task organizer will appreciate them.

Pros

1. I like it because the interface is very easy to use and intuitive - you can download the app and almost immediately start using it without thinking how to work with the app. 2. It has section TODAY, in which you can see everything you planned for today. The good thing is that it automatically shows it to you, without choosing today's date from some calendar for example. 3. You can set reminders, which is a very powerful feature. A task app without reminders is just a note app, in which you type your tasks and forget to read them. With the reminder, you can set when to remind you, and there is no chance to forget to do what you want. 4. You can share your tasks through other people. I am using it for personal use and for example I can share my tasks with my family and we can do and check them together, which is pretty cool and useful. 5. You can organize your tasks in groups. 6. You can comment on a task which is cool in order to discuss some ideas. 7. There are due dates - you will never miss the last date that the task needs to be done.

Cons

Till my use of the program, I didn't experience any inconvenience or difficulties with the program. I pretty like it, and since now I cannot tell any cons, because I am very glad using this app.

John Frank from MiLEND, Inc NMLS# 148769

The perfect task managment app

I really do like wunderlist for managing tasks for different departments.

Pros

I liked the ability to assign tasks to people on my team and put a deadline on it. Great for doing so for different departments.

Cons

We ultimately added the app to Microsoft teams because their suite offered more than just task management.

Ease of use

ease of use

Miguel from MiAGon LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

To-Do And Task Lists Should Be This Easy

Wunderlist is a great tool with no complex features or complex functionalities. A true simple to use To-Do List that serves not only people for personal needs, but also businesses. In fact, Wunderlist can even be applied to small businesses to get work done. With its sharing capabilities, mobile access and conversation capabilities, Wunderlist is possibly the easiest task manager out there. It may not track things like time and other critical metrics, but for businesses that revolve around the premise of getting tasks done regardless of those other variables, Wunderlist might very well be the answer.

Pros

Wunderlist is the simplest To-Do and Task List out there. Period. No extra bells and whistles: just a list. And it makes getting started extremely quick. Login with your Facebook, Windows or Google account. Don' t have these? Create a user account with your email and a password. The first thing that comes up is a simple wizard with a few pre-defined list names to get you setup fast and start using your list. Using Wunderlist is simple. Add an item to your list. You can set a due date and even a reminder. Make the task a one time deal or a recurring schedule as needed. No longer need the due date? Simply remove it. And mark it as started so you have a visible indicator of what is in progress and what is not. You can also add a voice message to your task. Wunderlist recently added a new feature where you can create folders to group your to-do and task lists. And if you want to see all your completed items, a simple button lets you do just that. Want to share your list? You can do that, too. And even start conversations around your To-Do and Tasks. Connect your calendars to Wunderlist as well. Wunderlist has an app for your smartphone and even allows you to integrate it to your browser via an extension

Cons

There are absolutely no cons with Wunderlist. It is a To-Do and Task list with the most straightforward approach I have ever encountered. It does not get easier than this.

Shiron from Computing Center, Faculty Of Engineer, University of Peradeniya

One best way to getting your or your team's things done!

Wunderlist is a user-friendly, cloud-connected to-do listing software that has a clean and elegant user interface. It made a positive impact on completing a simple project we finished, but in my opinion, it is not suitable for more advanced project management scenarios. It will save your day by getting things done.

Pros

Wunderlist has a very neat and elegant user interface which is especially very important when getting things done. This attractive easy to use interface push you hard take a look at your to-dos left to complete even when you are tired after a long day. The feature that enables us to make conversations by commenting on a shared to-do list becomes very handy to a group that is trying to accomplish one task/project. Also, I used the option which gives the ability to restore deleted to-do lists several times as I wanted to find the milestones of a certain project.

Cons

It might increase the user experience if the struck-through to-do items are listed on the same list, but not in a separate list that is hidden. Also, the user experience could be more enjoyable if the software makes the getting things done procedure as a game (for example, by giving a number of points when finishing some task which is defined by the user according to the priority). Currently, it is boring as striking-through an item in to-do list in a paper. Furthermore, I'd love if the notification process is more improved as it is really ordinary. The user cannot define a customizable prioritization level of the to-do items other than marking as a starred item which gives the equal prioritization level.

Sophie from CaptureBites

Wunderlist, a wunderful task managing app for professional and personal use

It's flexible, easy to use and I share lists regularly with other people who also jumped on the bandwagon and started using it on their own. It speaks for itself, just try it out and you'll see. I really hope the new "Todo" app will keep the Wunderlist legacy strong.

Pros

- Very user friendly and I can easily add people to contribute to lists who, without any prior experience, always intuitively find their way around the UI. Also, fool-proof. You can find checked-off items in a separate list and quickly undo any mistakes. - Excellent for personal use (to-do's, wishlists, notes, etc.) - Excellent for teams (you can add comments and description to tasks, add subtasks, syncing works very well, prioritizing, notifications when someone adds anything, etc.)

Cons

- Maybe an extra viewing possibility with thumbnails would be helpful for some use-cases. For example, we also use Wunderlist for development tasks. But maybe that would be more of a thing for other, more scrum-dedicated apps. - Sometimes the order of your items get a bit screwed up during syncing, which can be quite frustrating for priority-basef lists. But it's quickly reorganized with the drag and drop feature when it happens. - Colors for the body of items would be nice for some extra organizing.

Jo from Jo Leath dotcom

Industry: Writing and Editing

More than a to-do list

I really appreciate how many uses I have found for Wunderlist. As well as being a place to organize upcoming tasks, and assigning them dates, it can be used for sharing with other people, thereby letting team-members keep each other apprised of progress on a project. At home, I can use the same function to share shopping lists with family members, ensuring that the shopper knows most recent needs, and a second shopper does not duplicate purchases. I find this is also a useful place to keep checklists: I have one list for the items to gather to take to a display event, another for the questions I use at every art-class portfolio panel in which I participate, and yet another to keep track of the steps I need to follow when sharing finished work that needs to be posted to several individuals, places and websites. I love that I can add an URL to a task, and when I click on it, the site opens for me in a new tab, I can do what I need, then close it and continue down my list. So Simple! I have a Wunderlist of books and authors I want to remember when I am at the library. I use Wunderlist on my laptop, and i have the app on my iPhone. They sync well, and I can access any of the lists whenever I want, wherever I am.

Pros

I like the versatility. I like that one app can meet needs at the office and with my family, and even for my own reference when I am choosing a movie or a book.

Cons

I don't like the *ding* that sounds when a task is marked complete. I deliberately mute that tab every day.

Thomas from Self employed

The Wonders of Wunderlist

My productivity is through the roof and my to-do lists get smaller and smaller thanks to Wunderlist!

Pros

I'm a stay-at-home Dad. I'm new to that job. Let me say that I have a new appreciation for Mom's and Dad's that take on the task. We have 4 kids from 4 to 11. The toughest part of the job is not forgetting things. When you forget to do something at a traditional office...no problem. You do it first thing the next morning. You don't have that luxury when you're shuttling kids around. You don't get a muligan if you forget to pick one up. Ever since I started using Wunderlist my life has taken a turn for the better. Wunderlist is the BEST! With Wunderlist I can manage the projects and to-dos I have daily. What i like most about Wunderlist is the ability to collaborate and share lists and to-dos with my wife and other parents. Whether I'm organizing a birthday party or a postgame snack for one of the kids, being able to share, collaborate and delegate makes Wunderlist worth it alone. Wunderlist's reminders are my ultimate life-saver. I use reminders religiously for picking up kids and during times when i MUST remember to do something. With 4 kids and an absent minded soul...reminders are key. Wunderlist comes through every time.

Cons

Nothing at all. Wunderlist is free and helps me organize and remember to do stuff.

Iqbal from CSU Stanislaus

Wunderlist a great tool to keep up with to-dos

It has been great. I have been using it for several years and it has been a reliable tool that is easy to use and access.

Pros

Wunderlist is a great tool to keep up with your projects and assignments. I use to keep up with my work related tasks, as well as personal tasks such as movies to watch, shopping list, etc. I like the fact that it can be used online or via desktop and mobile apps. The ability to share you list with others is also very helpful in the workplace. The automated email reminders are also very useful.

Cons

It might be nice if there was a way to have it sync with outlook or gmail so you can turn emails into to-do list or save notes directly from a website.

Easy to use and set-up.

Ryan from Primerica

Easy to use list/reminder app

My wife and I are in business together and we use multiple shared lists to keep each other in the loop and on track about various business and life needs. It's an easy way to communicate things that need accomplished without hoping the other person remembers everything or writing it down on seemingly different medium every time.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, so both my wife and I can use it effectively. I also like that you can have private lists as well as shared lists. My wife and I are in business together and we use various shared lists for different purposes to keep us on track and aware of what needs done/bought/worked on. It is an easy way to keep in sync with other people as long as they plug into the app and use it regularly.

Cons

I think a little bit more customization wouldn't hurt, but it's not necessary for it's purpose. Also, it just feels/looks a bit outdated. I don't think the look/layout has been updated since I started using it 2+ years ago. Again, it doesn't hurt it functionally, but I think it could be more aesthetically pleasing.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

Wunderlist just seemed to fuction better and accomplish what we needed for our lives and business. Sharing lists was key.

Caitlyn from Industrious

Where did Wunderlist go?

GREAT task management application. I used it for personal and business lists, task management, tracking of projects. Super collaborative and easy to navigate / categorize / share.

Pros

I LOVED Wunderlist - but then my app said that it was bought by Miscrosoft so it went away. I was sad, would love to see it come back. I love that it was SIMPLE - but still had collaborative features, categorizing features, ways to make it customizable and share with other teammates.

Cons

I had no complaints - other than it disappeared & instead I have a much worse version of it in Microsoft "To Do" app.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

It was easier to customize, share, collaborate. Plus just cleaner format and aesthetic.

OLIVER from Mindshare

Wunderlist - Cross team collaboration

Super software and enables me to be more productive.

Pros

Seamless integration in mobile-app, Desktop & website. Easy and clean interface with the ability to assign tasks and check them off with teammates. The product does not delete completed tasks.

Cons

Unless you create a well thought out structure it is super difficult to manage and keep track of work. Would love to have a timeline feature that provides a cleaner look-back window of when certain tasks were completed by team mates.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

Cleaner interface, easy to sign into with Facebook login feature which enables faster access to log in. Easy to filter through prior publishings.

Best shareable list app between groups

Great. My wife and I use it. My co-workers and I use it. And I use it personally.

Pros

Wunderlist can be used flawlessly between numerous platforms (iPhone, macbooks, PCs, androids). I use it to keep track of everything I need to do or buy. It contains my grocery list, my to do list for the day, books/movies/restaurants I want to try/read, packing lists for vacations, and the like. The best part about this program though is that it is completely shareable between multiple parties. You can invite others to take part in whatever list you create. This makes it extremely easy for my wife and I to make sure we collaborate well on grocery shopping lists or packing lists for our baby when traveling. Both parties can add and mark off what was packed or bought in real time as long as you have access to the internet. Another great function is that between employers you can "ASSIGN" tasks to certain people within the group and add a due date and reminder so that they know what deadlines they have to meet. This has been a helpful feature to use with my colleagues to make sure we know who has to accomplish what and by when.

Cons

If you add something to the list but want to make an edit (like a spelling correction), it takes just a little bit more work to edit it (a couple more clicks, but you have to click in the right area). I find it easier/quicker to just check off the wrongly typed item and re-enter it. It's a small con, but I do notice this from time to time.

Thamara from Cibersys

Activity management Abrir en Google Traductor Comentarios Traductor de Google https://translate.g

We have used Wunderlist for daily activities or weekly planning. Taking into account, it allows me to take the agenda in the short term where I have been able to do a direct management on activities carried out or pending. What attracted me most to the tool is the management of the activity and being able to add files from tools for hosting information in the cloud

Pros

Having a tool that allows you to add activities and follow up or manage these, is Wunderlist. Wuderlist allows to add activities intuitively, add times, assign users and attach files from the computer or tools in the cloud. It has a very simple way of inviting other users to join the application through email Each time you complete an activity you can place a check on each one. The notification system of wunderlist allows to receive alerts when an activity is about to finish or that a user has marked as a list. Even if they have added some note about an activity It is a great application for managing activities

Cons

Wunderlist does not currently have a dashboard with the list of all the activities and their status (culminated or not completed). In the same way, to be able to place labels on the activities, and that these labels can be customized. It would be of added value to the application to have a panel to verify the timeline of activities.

Clarwin from University of Asia and the Pacific

Wunderlist helps me to capture everything I need to into lists!

My most recommended app for making, managing, sharing all kinds of Lists! Working in a team is a breeze with shareable to-do lists, with options to set reminders and alarms. The quick add option via native Desktop app or via Android works great for me for easily adding items anytime an inspiration comes to mind. The sync is fantastic and works across multiple platforms I use (Android, MacOS, even via Web browser). App in my Android is lightning fast. Native app in my Macbook is a thing of beauty and functionality. Try it! It's intuitive, powerful, and beautiful! Try the paid plans as well to support the wonderful team that created and maintains it. :)

Pros

I get to capture everything I need to during the day in multiple platforms, whether via mobile phone (Android, iOS), Desktop native app (I'm using MacOS) or via the web browser. Easy to create, edit, and share my to lists (any of my lists) to my family or team members. Plus the ability to set reminders, alarms (recurring or one time). Best of all, the Free plan should work just fine for the majority of users.

Cons

Hmm... I really have nothing negative much to say about Wunderlist since it meets all my needs for creating to-do lists, or lists of any kind (with reminders).

Delia from Wikihospitals

Why I stick to Wunderlist.

This is the best productivity app I have ever found. The ability to upload small documents to each list is invaluable. The clean layout means you can never lose your notes in the clutter. You can share lists, keep conversation threads going, set alerts and keep everything tidy in their own folder on the menu bar.

Pros

A clean, clear layout on very practical software. One the left side there is an inbox that you can email notes to, and a list of 'starred' notes. Then below, folders that you can click open to show their lists. Each list has a range of subtasks that can be added, and a section to write free hand notes. Finally you can upload documents to each task, and share them with others. Each list has the ability to set date and time reminders.

Cons

There has been ongoing discussion about the future of Wunderlist. Microsoft bought it in 2015. The product was supposed to be transferred over to the Microsoft cloud product 'To Do'. Four years later, To Do is still a very simple app and Wunderlist remains sophisticated and elegant, with a large band of followers. Wunderlist now offers both a free and paid subscription.

Erin from Latchkey Marketing

Wunderlist Helps Me Prioritize, Organize, and Complete Projects On Time

Working with multiple clients every day, Wunderlist helps me to remember everything by client, even the small things, so nothing falls through the cracks. It helps me to stay organized and to work efficiently.

Pros

I can pull up all my to-dos by client and date due, to make sure I take care of the most urgent projects/tasks first. It also makes it easier for me to block my time out so I am more efficient and focused to get things done.

Cons

Wunderlist, in particular, has this function where, if you put the day/date in the title of the task, it automatically schedules it for you and then removes the day/date from the title of my task. I don't really like this feature because if I say "do this on Tuesday", I don't necessarily want it to auto-schedule for the next Tuesday. So I have to go in and change the date, and then add "Tuesday" back into the title of my task. Since it was purchased by Microsoft, I thought maybe Microsoft would continue to improve it. But I am hearing that they will be phasing it out and replacing it with MIcrosoft To-Do, which in my opinion, isn't as good as Wunderlist. So I am hoping Wunderlist doesn't go away. If it does, I would hope Microsoft would bring To-Do up to the same level or better functionality than Wunderlist.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

WUnderlist is more robust and user-friendly than To-Do. I've used both, and ended up sticking with Wunderlist because it's so much better, for me.

Low-powered lists that are dead simple for microtask management

Fast task management and reminders.

Pros

Available on all my devices. I love the ability to set recurring tasks, and the ability to set reminders down to the exact time I need them (that trigger a push notification on my phone). Using recurring tasks combined with reminders has allowed me to outsource a lot of weekly cadence type stuff that I would otherwise need to remember to do. Overall Wunderlist is just so lightweight and focussed that it is often the path of least resistance to quickly jot something down for later and not stress about it. I also enjoy the dashboard widget for Android phones, so that there is an even quicker entry point to adding tasks.

Cons

Lately, I have been noticing far more buggy behaviour as I move between devices and syncing happens. It also handles in app activity from personal and shared lists poorly between devices, and sometimes just poorly in general. My activity and comment feeds in the app are almost always showing that I have unread things, yet often times I have already seen them in-situ or dealt with them on another device.

Morgan from University of Utah

For a basic free to use task list app, this is the best option available

Wunderlist kept me organized for years. While it didn't have all the functionality that I needed, I appreciated the cost and the user experience greatly and I would never hesitate to return if my current task manager was ever removed from the app store.

Pros

Wunderlist is efficient and easy to use. It has the features that a basic user needs and allows you to create a very functional list for free. It's clean, it's user-friendly, and it works as an add-on for dozens of other apps/programs. If you're looking for a simple program to make your life a little more organized, this is the one you want.

Cons

It doesn't have quite as many features as I need as a person with a very busy, very complicated life. I like to sort my tasks into several categories and subcategories, have repeating events with various reminders, and personalize every list to the extreme. This is not the goal of the app, so this is not something it can offer. This is the reason why I switched to another app, but even that isn't perfect for me, so it's possible that what I need is either to write my own extremely fancy app or just to buy a whiteboard that I can customize all I want. Note that this is very nit-picky - If you're not as picky and busy as I am, this should not dissuade you from using Wunderlist.

Joel from OneStrand

Best Task Management Tool Available

Pros

I spent many years looking for an application to manage tasks. Wunderlist was the find of the decade for me. I can create Lists of tasks to separate personal tasks from business tasks. I can have as many tasks within each list as I want. I can star higher priority tasks. Each task can have sub tasks. I could go on and on, but Wunderlist has all the functionality one could want in a task solution while at the same time keeping things simple and accessible. They have apps for every major phone OS (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile) as well as Windows 10. If you want simple, Wunderlist can do that. If you want depth and features, Wunderlist can do that, too!

Cons

The biggest issue I have with Wunderlist is the inability for the software to keep the task lists updated on all my devices automatically. I usually have to issue a manual sync before my latest changes get synchronized. Adding the ability for the software to constantly sync so that everything stays up to date would fill the only issue I can find with the software.

Decker from Catholic Diocese of D

To-Do List Person's Dream

The "ding" of completing a task in Wunderlist is an endorphin rush for someone like me - someone who loves to get tasks complete. This took keeps me organized on my to-dos.

Pros

-Clear and easy to use to-do list tool -Syncs with all the devices you have it on and log into -Allows you to share a list (text or email) -Allows you to collaborate lists with another user (both can add and subtract items) -Allows you to create multiple list -Has deadlines and reminders for tasks -Easily allows you to move a task to priority -Allows attachments, notes, and subtasks that need to get done before completing the main task -You can make a simple list or a complex list, but the complexity doesn't make it simple harder to use -Easily allows you to hide and archive lists that are no longer used

Cons

-Sometimes the picture attachment gets lost when syncing. It seems to save the picture on the device and not in the cloud. I may not know how to use it, but this part seems confusing when I have tried it. -Doesn't work on Andriod Auto - would love to see this feature

Mark from TVA

Industry: Utilities

Wunderlist used for cloud-based work assignments

I use Wunderlist to manage work assignments for several different interns that report to me. It is very easy and convenient to make worklists, assignments, due dates, and keep track of the status of each.

Pros

The ability to share lists with others and maintain these same lists across different platforms, such as phones, PCs, tablets, etc.

Cons

A few times, when inviting others to share a list, they never got the invitation. These are sent out by email (only). It would have been nice to know what went wrong.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

More intuitive platform, easier to use, simpler to share items.

If you're looking for a to-do list app, this is it. If you need more than that, look elsewhere.

Wunderlist helped us keep track of our daily tasks and repetitive items. It's great for creating recurring reminders for tasks that need to be done every so often. It's also good for helping you prioritize which tasks out of all your tasks need to be done today.

Pros

Wunderlist is a great to-do list app. I might even call it the perfect to-do list app. It is laser-focused on being all about creating and organizing task lists, and allowing you to keep good notes around each task. It is also good for teams that work on a task-basis (rather than a project basis) and need to be able to keep track of due dates, priority tasks, and accompanying files, links, and notes around each one. It's also free, which is pretty hard to beat.

Cons

It's pretty simple: Wunderlist is a to-do list app, as I've already said a lot. It's not anything else. If you are trying to manage a project, you may find that you can do it at first, but eventually it is going to get too complicated to be handled by the list format. We used Wunderlist in our digital marketing department for a couple years before switching to a project management app as our scope broadened, duties increased and projects became more complicated.

Aaron from Vanguard Academy

Perfect at creating to do lists!!!

Very good UI and is easy to see all your tasks at the same time as well as those assigned to you by different people.

Pros

Each team member manages their tasks in Wunderlist. Offers reminders and attachments for each note. It allows assigning tasks to any team member.

Cons

I think Microsoft purchased this company so at some point it might be discontinued but should live on in one of Microsoft's own apps.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

It has a really good free option that includes all the basics for task management.

Great useful app

Pros

Wanderlust has been my workhorse for many years now. It helps me stay organized and on top of everything. I ditched all the other calendar apps and kept this one, as it is clear and easy to see and follow everything I need to do, my alarms, my appointments, and even the movies I want to see. I can also share with my colleagues and friends. The app is very powerful and yet simple.

Cons

I love all the features and simplicity the software offers. Have no complaints.

Business Regulatory Assistant

You can access Wunderlist through all devices. For Wunderlist, you only need to have a device that can access IOS, Android or Web.

Pros

There is an application that we can offer you to facilitate and control your projects, to keep track of your daily life. The app name is Wunderlist. You can use Wunderlist as a reminder, a checklist or a notepad that balances the business process. The application is the most special one, so you are using the online business process by assigning others to the joint work. For example, you are working on a big project and you have created this project through Wunderlist and you have 5 friends. In this way, it is a note about the ones who have a job to finish who did what they did. etc. You control the whole process. Especially user experience, the application is very simple to use, simple and understandable.

Cons

If you wish, you can use your Facebook or Google accounts to create an account with your e-mail address.

Matt from Catholic Diocese of D

The thrill of hearing the "ding" of a checked off item. Wunderlist is a great to-do tracker.

It allows me to keep track of all my to-do list and tasks.

Pros

-Super easy to create your first to-do list, can create many different lists (to-do, wish list, project list, shopping list, etc) -Allows multiple list to be grouped by categorized and organized -Tasks can be assigned to others -Syncs with phone app, desktop app, and online website -Allows shared list with other people, so both people can be on certain lists -Easy to have a simple title, yet you can open it and have lots of detail -Auto Syncs quickly -Has due dates and reminders -Integrates with Outlook

Cons

-There is not a calendar view that shows your due dates like a calendar - which makes it hard to use for sequencing to-dos in order for project management -I would love for it to have a "secret santa" feature - where people can make Christmas list and randomly generate who is supposed to get that list (but this is another app). -The website says they will eventually retire the app

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,504 reviews