• Pros

• "Easy to use and yet visually appealing software that just works"

• "That at any point of time, if I needed to allocate a resource to a project, I could see with 2-3 clicks who is available and when"

• "Zilicus was a good tool to manage your small to medium project."

• Cons

• "It was easy enough to use, but could be more intuitive."

• "I would like to be able to minimize Gantt legends to maximize the screen. Also would like more flexibility on dash board customization. "

• "You may not be able to integrate this with SAP or other ERP solutions. It's good for those who do not need such integration support."

Browse ZilicusPM Reviews

Rajarama Rao from ProPMO Services

Amazing ready to go PMO solution on the cloud!

With ZilicusPM we are able to become more efficient in our project execution. It brings everyone on the same page. Modules like meetings are simply great as it has features to track MOMs and actions specific to meetings and projects. End-user usability is really great due to the intuitive tracking mechanisms. Overall it is a great friend to PMOs and executive management.

Pros

I liked the comprehensive suite of modules for management of - Schedule, Change, Risk, Issue, Resource, Budget, dashboards, collaborations, task management, access controls and so on. Anyone wanting to quickly get started overnight with project management and showcase capability on professional project management of critical projects, this is the solution to go. The user interfaces are very intuitive and enough learning resources are available for novice users. It's not just project management, it's project portfolio management solution available at the cost of simple task management options available in the market. It's definitely boon for startups, medium scale companies to get started right with project management practices.

Venkateswara Rao from South East Central RAilway

ZilicusPM is really Good.

Very Good.

Pros

Response of the Zilicus team in resolving the issues is very good. Custom fields for defining the project is Good.

Cons

Feature of quantifying the task should have been better. For example, task of painting a building. Its unit is Square metres. Task is painting of 1000 Sqaure metres. If daily progress is keyed in by the user, balance should be automatically worked out by system and to be displayed. Date wise progress, balance etc if available in a tabular form, that shall be great. I felt this is one feature most essential. Never the less, there is no end for addition of features. Development is a continues process. Report Generation is not so user friendly. Mobile App is also not so user friendly.

Ryon from Accelas Solutions

Increased Succes with ZillicusPM

"As a Software Implementation Company, it was imperative that we find a Project Management Tool that was easy to use, yet powerful enough to enable our Project Managers and Teams to be successful. Once we found Zillicus, it became apparent we had found that tool. It has given our Project Managers everything and more that they need to be successful. We Live by the the mantra "On-Time, On-Quality, & On-Budget". Zillicus has absolutely helped us increase these ideals in all of our projects. All of our customers are impressed with the tool, and the ability for them to log in as a customer and see the project and tasks assigned to them. One of my favorite features is "Risk Management". This small but powerful piece has given my Project managers a simple tool that has helped us record,analyze and action Risks. This had helped us avoid issues in a project that we wouldn't have seen before. Overall I would recomend Zillicus to any size team for Project Management."

Pros

Easy to Use, Full Featured for Project Management

Cons

Lack of integration. Billing and invoicing

Adelaide from Dungarvin (Minnesota)

Zilicus Review

Pros

Ease of navigation and editing. Reporting capabilities.

Cons

Would like my company to make more use of the features.

Scott from Hydro Battery

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Checks All The Boxes

The business problem we are solving is project management using well established PMBOK practices and procedures to deliver on time, on budget, and safely. (I work in high voltage projects. No, not real exciting, amped up projects, but real high voltage projects up to 500 kV). Want management of projects and portfolios? Short answer is make it simple. Zilicus goes a long way to providing the management platform.

Pros

One isn't supposed to praise within a negative context, but here it goes ... The number of times I have sat through PMO meetings when we get to the topic of management and backend systems. "But we have a project management system, Microsoft Project". MS Project is not a management System, it is one of the tools within the system. (Envision head banging on table - my own). Zilicus is a System. And the per seat pricing and browser based interface makes it relatively cheap and easy to implement. If one can ever pry people away from their non-controlled Excel spreadsheet based forms. The bane of effective project management BTW.

Cons

Some of the washed out, or low contrast colours. Can be difficult to find some menu items and controls.

Chuck from Thyssenkrupp IT Services

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

A great tool

As before, we went through a workforce adjustment and the PMO was reduced. Not having the people to administer a MS Project Server solution we looked for a tool that would allow our PMs to manager their projects without having to go through a steep learning curve. Zilicus fit the bill.

Pros

Our company was using MS Project Server which required a lot of "care & feeding" just to operate. I decided to move Zilicus to allow us to concentrate on our projects and not administering the tool. Zilicus delivered what we needed for an affordable price.

Cons

Zilicus had all the features we required. We did not have any cons.

Great Software for Companies of All Sizes

At the time that we found Zilicus we needed a solution to help us visualize our initiatives and project timelines. Zilicus offered that capability to us at a reasonable cost and on a tight budget for my team.

Pros

I found the software to be versatile with a large offering of features and functions while not being as complicated as many other project management software suites I have seen. I also liked how receptive their support staff was to suggestions and requests for improvement to be made. Over the 3 or 4 year period we had used Zilicus, they implemented no less than 5 requested features for our company.

Cons

The use of Zilicus on certain browsers was at times clunky and would require browser refreshes in order to resolve the issue. We also did not like that the project owner was the only one able to make changes to a project. We felt this could have been a control setting to allow us to open up project editing to all users or user groups within Zilicus.

Steven from B-Box LLC

Zilicus Rocks

Fantastic experience. The team has been very easy to work with and have been concerned about what they could improve that experience over the years. I have used ZilicusPM for managing construction projects.

Pros

It does what I need it to do. It is very intuitive which made it easy for me to navigate. I am not a trained PM, and have tried using other PM software. Zilicus allowed me to get things up and running from a project management point of view very quickly. I also liked being able to share what I was doing and give specific vendors accountability. But my favorite part is being able to put a budget and actual cost to everything. I have recommended Zilicus and have used it and will continue to use it on my large projects.

Cons

I ca't think of anything right now. The team at Zilicus has been very easy to work with and responsive to my requests and needs.

Robert from Splunk

Excellent integrated Project Management solution

Excellent integrated software package. The challenge is getting my large hi tech clients to move away from Jira.

Pros

Best features that put this software ahead of other options: + OOTB dash board + Ability to easily summarize stats from multiple projects + Many standard reports OOTB

Amit from ProPMO Services

One of the best online Project Management Software

Being a volunteer organization, It was difficult for us to track and manage the activities in various projects. Zilicus helped us streamlining our projects. After adopting Zilicus, we were able to close more projects on time and within budget. Zilicus solved the problem of having separate system for expense reporting. With time sheet also integrated, we reduced a huge manual effort of calculating volunteering hours.

Pros

1. Easy to adopt 2. Flexibility on setting up various reports 3. Meeting Manager 4. Mobile friendly 5. Interactive Gantt chart 6. Kanban Board

Cons

Here is the wishlist: 1. Drilldown of the dashboards 2. MObile app should have more features

Craig from Arctic Co-op

ZilicusPM - Lots of functionality

The overall experience was great. The product has more function that we needed but will allow us to grown and add more function to our projects. Customer support was quick and provided answers to my questions. I recommend Zilicus to any company that needs a tool to help track a variety of projects.

Pros

ZilicusPM has more than what we needed, which is great because it gave us room to grow. Lots of features, scheduling, document tracking, resource tracking, Custom fields - Zilicus allow for about 20 "custom" fields that can be used to capture and sort in user specific data needs. One stop project repository. Anything stakeholder would want to know about a project in one place. Ease of project users to update their tasks from a simple email. Lots of reporting "Custom" reporting allowed us to create a project tracking report to suit our needs.

Cons

There are only a couple of things that could use a tweak or two. Scheduling (which is a complex task) is a bit awkward. There are almost 3 different ways to look and work on a schedule. Maybe just make one this all encompassing. Data export to excel is a bit inconsistent. Two date fields will export in two different format. Not a huge deal if you know anything on Excel formatting. Need to find a way to archive projects. They can be marked as closed or inactive but they still show on may lists. After a while the list gets too large to manage.

Sami from KFSH&RC

ZilicusPM is the gold standard

I am using ZilicusPM for a multi billion project operational commissioning task. I found that it is the only tool in the market that is cloud-based today that enables inter-dependencies between individual project. We have used it for 3 years, and it is still going solid, and better with each released update by Zilicus.

Pros

With ZilicusPM, we landed running with zero setup cost and time. The teams were quickly setup for a very complicated portfolio work. ZilicusPM enabled us to focus on the planning part, and not setup and training for the staff. This is unmatched by any package out there.

Cons

Sometimes the browser cache prevents screen update for this PM tool. But not entirely an issue.

More Than Project Management

Pros

Zilicus PM has many features including Issue Management, Change Request Management, Stakeholder Management etc. as well as Project Management. We were looking for a software to be used as a platform to combine all processes throughout project life cycle. That is what we liked most about it.

Cons

Actually, It has met all of requirements and expectations that we had so our satisfaction is far beyond the least. However, It might be better having more sophisticated document management and file sharing

Chetan from StraitsBridge Advisors

Review of ZilicusPM

A n excellent multi-device solution with excellent dashboard to monitor project portfolios, especially on the cloud.

Pros

* A simple cloud based project management solution allowing tracking tasks and resource allocations* Allows viewing of project progress on mobile* Timesheet management of resources possible for project portfolio

Cons

Lack of tracking resource offsite days for resources. A workaround is to treat them as leave category

Chaitali from Agam

Awesome software

Pros

I liked everything about the software. It is very useful for my projects.

Cons

Nothing as of now. there is not a single functionality which you like the least.

Joanna from PAW Sp Z o.o.

Tissue napkins producer - medium/small organisation

Pros

- communication - helps a lot to communicate between people not working in one office- clearence - everything is store in one place. any time anyone form project can see all information about project even if somebody is absent.

Cons

- to detailed for our bussiness (tissue napkins production)- small organisation- no info about how to finish project when you need to stop project; where to write what is the reason?

Oren from TIS

Good software to see the status of projects and resources

I had to consolidate all project planing customer issues and resources. I could do 95% of that with ZIlicus alone

Pros

Cons

It was easy enough to use, but could be more intuitive.

Shabbir from Real Estate

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

ZilicusPM Project Management Software

Our primary need was getting Timesheet solution for all staff members to track Projects and Tasks hours for Administrative overhead and chargeable Projects. We are able to meet all these requirements with ZilicusPM , it took very little effort to get team members trained in using the software.

Pros

ZilicusPM is a feature packed solution, similar products in market are much more expensive. The interface is easy to navigate, does not take much time to setup new Employees or new Projects. Good selection of canned reports with Export to Excel available in most of the reports. ZilicusPm has good training videos to get you started, very responsive tech support team.

Cons

Expense Tracking does not have std mileage rate calculations built in to the form

Alaukik from Edit systems

Perfect project management tool

Really good

Pros

Gant chart, resource allocation, reports

Cons

Not any specific, no cons. All good.

Grzegorz from Pansnack Sp. Z o.o.

ZilicusPM_Review

Implemnt in 3 companies. Very easy to wiek fir not high quakified workers. Portfolio management quick to implement in the organisation

Pros

Project planningRisk managementCost planning and controlPortfolio management

Cons

View of gant chart sometime to small to see properly.

Dave from eBMS

Effective and Efficient Project Management Tool

After using and evaluating a number of offerings, ZIlicus stood out in all areas - it is very affordable, scaleable, and brings a huge number of pluses to the table.Support is first-class - responsive and knowledgeable. Zilicus make you feel like they really value your business, and want you to succeed.

Pros

It is simple to set up, easy to use, and has a common-sense approach to projects which (IMO) elevates it above most other competing systems.It is comprehensive, but not bloated with useless or baffling bloat-ware.

Cons

There really isn't anything to dislike, Zilicus is so easy to use.

Feras from KFSH

Multi Functional and Easy to Use

Pros

Easy to use, learn and trainonline data base

Cons

Needs More Scheduling OptionsSome minor modifications e.g. search could be more developed

Manwendra from PMI Pune Deccan India Chapter

ZilicusPM Review

This tool is being very helpful in maintaining chapter related initiatives, we are able to track time being spent by volunteers with respect to initiatives which was not visible earlier.It helps to complete task within time by sending a reminder.

Pros

This software is a complete solution for Project Management. This helps in planning, monitoring, and recording issues in an effective manner. Very simple and easy to use.

Cons

It has everything that is needed from PM Point of view, nothing as such i could think of as dislike.

Randall from Biodesigns

Solid functionality in an appealing package

Really helps me to be organized and have a comprehensive snapshot of my company

Pros

Easy to use and yet visually appealing software that just works

Cons

No cons I can think of at the time of this review

Project Management Made Simple

Pros

Ease of useIncorporation of feedback/suggestions by ZilicusIntegrationSimplicity

Cons

None that I can think of, would be great if they can offer other productivity tools too.

Rahul from Persistent System

Review of ZilicusPM

ZilicusPM has all the core features required for managing different types of projects. I found the feature set extensive and good for all the project managers. Tractability across different modules is also helpful.

Pros

I used ZilicusPM for project and task management in my previous organization and found it very useful. It has wealth of features and comprehensively covers various project management activities.

Cons

User experience can be strengthened further, but overall found very useful

ALI from Innovation Flame Information Technology

Good PM tool for small team

Pros

Zilicus was a good tool to manage your small to medium project.

Cons

The Gant Chart view is slightly difficult to work with.

Janice from Wolters Kluwer

Zilicus is an excellent project management software for growing teams.

Overall, Zilicus served our group's need for managing numerous marketing projects.

Pros

I liked all of the features available through Zilicus that thoroughly addressed all of our department's needs.

Cons

There was a learning curve for the team to be able to adopt the software.

Program overall ok.

I think the program helps to summarize the overall project and good can work on the cloud.

Pros

Good can work on the cloud.Easy for understand presentation.

Cons

I think Should have a highlight colour in time when to task the complete .

Omkar from PMI Pune chapter

Good pm software

Good

Pros

Overall good reports and dashboards available, scheduling of meeting, mom can be directly done through software itself

Cons

Not much but bit cumbersome, would have been more user-friendly

March 2012

Rakesh

March 2012

Scaling Your Projects Affordably

The solution promises and packs in quite a bit at a reasonable cost. For small and medium businesses looking for an affordable project management tool, that is definitely a win-win situation. For example, in addition to performing regular tasks such as a work breakdown structure, project schedules, establish tasks dependency, and assigning resources, you can also manage issues, risks, timesheet and project documents.

Pros

Great easy to use project management solution

Cons

Could do with better interface and more reports