• Pros

• "Easy to use and setup is easy for our tenants too. "

• "The product worked consistently. Very few bugs in the service. The payments were on the schedule specified and background checks worked seamlessly."

• "It’s easy to set up an account for tenants. It’s easy to manage payments and set due dates and present everything in an organized manner. "

• Cons

• "There is really nothing that I don't like. I don't use all of the features. I wish you could rename a list without having to create a new one. Other than that nothing to really complain about. "

• "I wish there were a slightly more secure log on. can't say I've had any issues with the website. it's worked great and my landlord enjoyed using it"

• "I love the background checks that Zillow does, I wish it was more similar to the Zillow software in that aspect, but that’s only a suggestion. I LOvE their stuff. "

Browse Cozy Reviews

Abby from Small World Recruiting

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Cozy is a lifesaver!

Pros

What I like most about cozy; - Easy to set up a single property or numerous - Can list your property right on the site (and their partner sites) and screen applicants - They offer credit and background checks through them for an awesome price - Extra's like; rent splitting, one time charges, maintenance requests, and more

Cons

The only thing I wish Cozy had but doesn't is a way to create a lease through them. You can add your lease documents into cozy for easy access though!

Chad from T. Baker Smith, LLC

Industry: Oil & Energy

Best List App

We use it every day to add items to our grocery list or too do list. We like how the list can sync up between users.

Pros

I like that I can easily create a list and add items to it. I can then sync the list with other users like my wife so all of our too do/grocery list are updated instantly. We use this app daily to help organize our life. I love that it is free.

Reasons for Switching to Cozy

Microsoft purchased Wunderlist and changed it.

Tim from Bone Frog Investment

I really like the program but saving updates is so slow I have to shut down the program every hour.

Frustrated.

Pros

Cozy would be the perfect program for me if it would save my updates. Instead I wait 2 minutes or longer to update 1 entry and often I have to shut the program down and restart the program to get it to respond again. Unless something changes this will be my last year using it. I started with 1 rental property and own 8 now. It is no longer worth the time I spend waiting to enter expenses. Great concept but not worth the wait time.

Cons

The wait time to update a single expense.

Reasons for Choosing Cozy

It was already set up for rental properties and easy to use.

Saurabh from Skanda

Good Basic Solution

Overall it was a solid reliable experience for a basic free product.

Pros

Cons

Payments took a long time to come in. You could pay more to speed this up but that seemed unnecessary. New features took a long time to show up. There is no mobile app, only web access which works on mobile as well. There were no messaging features to help communicate with the residents.

Reasons for Switching to Cozy

Quickbooks was not designed for rental payments. The process was clunky, you were sending invoices for rental charges. The cost was high for what I needed.

Perfect for the Unexpected Landlord

We started using the software about 2 years ago, and it made going from a rental agency to being a landlord in charge of everything really easy. I was really nervous about receiving payments and managing a property on my own, but this software made it incredibly easy. I will continue to use this for all our properties and tenants in the future.

Pros

This software is absolutely perfect for anyone who is a landlord. It was so easy to set up payments between myself and my tenant. He even has the ability to set up auto payments through this software, which makes it really great for me to get paid in a timely matter every month. Plus there is absolutely no fee for using their service to receive payments. There is also an option that allows you to track your expenses for the property for taxes and for your own personal records. In addition, you could set up a a spot for your tenant to send maintenance requests to you. It keeps it all in one spot with photos, documents and communication, instead of bouncing around between text and email like we do so often.

Cons

The only downside, which we've been able to work with, is that the time between my tenants payment and the actual deposit into our account is a bit longer than I expected. You can opt in for express payments, but that is an additional fee. I also would love to be able to have my rental agreement right on this platform, as it makes it really easy to have everything in one place.

Paul from Autonomy Investing, LLC

Basic functionality, good starter software.

If tenant screening accounting and mobile app had existed or been better I would have stayed with Cozy.

Pros

Tenant screening and online payment were the most beneficial features.

Cons

It like accounting and often times tenant screens would come back blank.

Rachel from AHA Consulting Engineers

Makes Leasing a Dream

I hope to rent with Cozy at all of my future rentals. It makes life so much simpler.

Pros

I love how easy it is to pay rent and manage any ongoing issues with my rental in this application. I don't even have to think about paying rent each month because of the auto-draft option. I can also make sure that my roommates have paid rent on time (as they can be forgetful). It is extremely easy to log in to Cozy, and it sends reminders for things such as rent, maintenance requests, etc, so nothings slips our minds.

Cons

I would say that I have no issues with this software at this time.

Nishul from Amba Homes

Cozy No Frills Easy

Its good for it being free. Collect rent thats all it has

Pros

Its free, its got what you need for simple small portfolios

Cons

Communication between the platform and the end user is not great. Cannot get a response back via email after multiple attempts

Vince from Pretorian Realty

Great tool for small property management companies

Pros

Overall, the simplicity of the platform was great. It's very easy to navigate from start to finish in terms of setting up your rental. The UI is very easy to follow.

Cons

The fact that any potential renters would need to create an account with cozy to proceed with a rental application. I would argue that they should be able to use it as a guest. Also, the credit report is not given to the owner. Only a summary which doesn't include the actual FICO score.

Steven from Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Fox & Roach

Makes collecting rent easy

Makes rent collection easy. Easy to set up and then it's basically auto pilot.

Pros

I am a rental agent Realtor and I was looking for a platform that made it easy for my landlords to set up rent collection. It's so easy one of my landlords say's he would never rent to a tenant who doesn't use it.

Cons

It's designed for the landlord not their agent. They should create a Realtor platform where we can manage multiple properties into each landlords account.

Peggy from Iowa Home Management

Love, Love Cozy

It's made it possible for me to manage a large number of properties with minimal staff.

Pros

Easy to use and setup is easy for our tenants too.

Cons

Limited features, such as ability to put notes in tenant records, see at a glance who is late, and not accept partial payments.

Austin from Riddle Property Buyers

This is one of the most wonderful tools I have ever used.

Pros

As a real estate property manager, you can add all the properties into the system, setup leases and charge rent and other fees all electronically. No more checks. No more collection issues. The tenants can pay from their bank account or a credit card automatically every month. They provide renters insurance for purchase as well. It also links with realtor.com and other sites to provide listings for your properties when searching for tenants. We have adopted this as our only means of collecting rent.

Cons

The system needs support for allowing tenants to pay recurring charges like utilities. It does allow arbitrary charges to be paid, but the tenant has to go and manually make the payment in the system. It would be so great for our tenants if they could just authorize any charge of a specific kind (like utilities) where the amount could change every month.

Thomas from Real Estate

BEST Software

It's amazing! Probably the best software I have ever used in my life.

Pros

BEST intelligent landlord software out there! Cozy.co streamlines everything about property management, and its entirely free to the landlord! I would highly recommend this product to any property manager or anyone looking to expand their portfolio, it has afforded me so much.

Cons

The ACH autopay transfers from my tenants takes 5 business days which is a bit slow, you can opt for expedited 3 day transfer for an additional 2.99 a month, which is minimal yet inconvenient.

Brandon from Utilities

Powerful yet simple

I use this software to manage multiple rental properties

Pros

I use this software to manage multiple rental properties and it is extremely easy for my tenants to log 10 and pay their monthly rent.

Cons

The only con that I have is that the link that is shared with tenants is a CO (rather than COM) and for some reason freaks out tenants.

Rebecca from Self-employed

Industry: Investment Management

I am a landlady/real estate investor who uses this software to find tenants and collect rent.

Tracking applications, tenant information and rent. Thank you!

Pros

I like the ease of use and intuitive layout of the program. My tenants have no problems using it, either, which is a great thing!

Cons

I think you guys are covering it! I had questions about tracking late rent and fees, and a system was put in place to take care of that. Thank you! It just keeps getting better, improvements seem to be made quickly and consistently based on reviews and feedback from users.

Jessica from Natural Stone Services

Industry: Facilities Services

The best way to pay rent

I would recommend to anyone. Use Cozy. While my family was going through a difficult time, paying rent was not difficult.

Pros

My daughter was in the hospital for several months this year, and i had to manage paying her rent for her. I am not great with technology, but using the Cozy app was a breeze. Getting set up on the app was very fast and simple, and setting up a payment method to pay her rent while she could not was also simple. I also like how you can divide up payments between roommates however you want. I would suggest this app to anyone who rents and/or is a leaser.

Cons

I had to contact the landlord to get the link to set up with the specific renter portion, but that wasn't awful to do.

Christopher from UW

by far the easiest way I've found to pay rent.

Pros

there are no fees if you connect with your bank account. it automatically pays each month and you can customize your amounts and timing. it tells you upcoming bills and syncs with background checks

Cons

One of the best tools for property management.

Easy to use, set up and forget rent collection.

Pros

Easy to use for both the renter and landlord. Rent gets deposited into my account seamlessly and both parties don't have to think about it once it's automated.

Cons

I only manage one property so not sure how well it scales to many properties, with only one I have no complaints or cons.

Carine from Computer Company

Convenient Tool but Need to Step Up Support

Managing rentals. While it is easy-to-use, support and payments needs some work. I would be willing to pay more for better service. In terms of new features, you should also be able to refund security deposits as well as accept payments.

Pros

It is convenient. You can screen tenants, setup rental payments, and keep documents for rentals. All of this is easy to use, as the user interface is self-explanatory and easy-to-use.

Cons

Support and Payments. I had an issue with a payment a couple months back. I signed up for Express Payment. I was wondering why I did not get payment in the 3 day time frame. I emailed support in the evening and got an automated "we are looking into it email." That was fine. The next morning, I got an explanation that there was an issue with payments and my express payment was being refunded. In my mind, Cozy should have been pro-active in notifying landlords and tenants of the payment issue. Also, issues with payments should go into a high priority support queue.

Gerry from Click Tap

Great for landlords! I think the tenants like it too ;)

Pros

There is so much free functionality here for landlords. It makes it very easy for tenants to split a rent payment and submit electronically.

Cons

There's really nothing to dislike about this. Most of the functionality is free.

Alan from Rental Properties

Terrible support for average at best tool ...

Security systems are flawed such that Cozy collects $ from applicants for credit and background screenings then locks them up repeatedly, delaying the process to accept a tenant for a property. Support is available only via their website and you get no resolution. Every time they locked up screening reports there was "nothing that can be done for 72 hours". Horrible.

Pros

Has the basic features needed to (theoretically) screen tenant applicants and collect rent.

Cons

Persistent problems getting screenings. Periodic problems collecting electronic payments. Poor support.

Reasons for Switching to Cozy

Cozy was supposed to be a benefit but actually detracted from our rental property business.

Jacob from Attendí, Inc

Headaches be gone, cozy is here

Pros

I had a really annoying tenant bug me constantly about negotiating rents, disputes with contracts, etc. Cozy took everything I was doing and put it in one simple spot where lunatics couldn’t make up their own rules for OUR rental property, manages payments, and manages our agreements. This is saving me money and I love cozy.

Great for any Landlord

Pros

Free to collect rent and easy for tenants to use. It allows for tenant applications and screening, rental price determination, and rent payments. Customer service is very responsive.

Cons

It is a very good site for any landlord but one minor thing that would help would be a way to send a document to a tenant for a utility bill.

Jessica from Vista Capri North Apartment Homes

I love the set up of Cozy & the ease of use

Pros

Cozy is visually pleasing and super easy to use. I like that you can add multiple listings and that the site is extremely easy to navigate.

Cons

While Cozy looks great & is easy to use, I don't receive many leads from this service.

Krsiten from Aggieland Home Staging

Cozy great for real estate transactions

Using Cozy is a great experience overall, and I highly recommend it for landlords especially.

Pros

I like the regularity of receiving rental payments from tenants without the need for exchanging checks or giving them any of my financial information.

Cons

The lag time for receiving money can be inconvenient and required some adjustment to payment schedules.

Y'Nita from TTEC

Nice

I use Cozy to locate great houses. I like everything about this system, except the payment portion.

Pros

Very user friendly! I love that I’m able to make request and make payments. Great way to provide information!

Cons

Making a payment with a credit or debit cards charges really large amount of fees! Not a fan of that.

Very user-friendly rent paying software

Pros

Easy to use from a renter's point of view, no problems in 2 years

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment, it does the job.

Daniel from self

Wonderful for listing property and credit check. No accounting other than collecting rents.

The software allowed us to select a tenant that had a good credit history and background. Once the applicant found out that we run credit and background, they probably moved on to someone who was more willing to hear their story instead of the truth.

Pros

Wonderful for listing property and credit check. The photos were large and we could review they applications online immediately.

Cons

No accounting other than collecting rents. If we could keep track of expenses, it sure would help. For now we only use it to list the property.

KATHLEEN from HOSPITALITY

Very Easy to use and able to pay rent

Super easy to use, reminds of any payments, took about 5 minutes total to understand it!

Pros

Very simple to apply online, pay rent and other fees, and communicate with the landlord. Very nice that the lease agreement saves on there as well.

Cons

Nothing bad to report so far! We've been using for about 2 months and have had ZERO issues! The app even reminds me when it's almost time to pay rent, which is great!

User friendly and easy to manage!

Pros

Cons

None, it’s very user friendly and we don’t have anything to complain about. It does everything we need