What are DoorLoop users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using DoorLoop software through verified user reviews

• icon"This is a team of people that truly care about your success. They listen to your suggestions, they want your feedback, and they may even implement your ideas and features."
  • icon"I feel very supported by them. Another great feature is the ease of use, which is critical to those of us not schooled in accounting."
  • icon"Also, their accounting and reporting system is comprehensive, but yet really straightforward."
  • icon"Not only did they take my suggestion seriously, but they also told me that they would pass the request along to their development team to get that change on the schedule."
  • icon"Not sure I'm supposed to know it but I guess that option is coming)."
  • icon"I submitted it as a feature suggestion and they took it seriously."

Browse all DoorLoop Reviews

• Have you used DoorLoop and would like to share your experience with others?

Irving

The easiest and most affordable

Pros

Definitely the ease of use. Our last software took us months to figure out, and cost a fortune for training. After a few painful years, we finally made the switch because they didn't have certain features we wanted that doorloop offered. To say the software is easy to use is an understatement. We only needed two training sessions (an hour each), and felt like we were proficient enough to get going. What took months before, not only took a matter of days. It definitely took the pain out of migration and training.

Cons

I'm still waiting for the Zapier integration to be fully connected with all the apps so we can start doing some automation with our other programs.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

The cost and ease of use

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Because I felt like we had to be accountants to use the software. It took 45 minutes to reach tech support which simply wasn't acceptable when we have a growing business to run.

Kimberly

May 2022

The support couldn't be better!

Property management is a new adventure for us and the support we have received throughout the process has been outstanding. From the chat to video calls, I have never been disappointed or unable to get an issue addressed.

Pros

I really appreciate how intuitive the software is and that there are multiple ways to get to the same place. The way the different features connect to others allow for efficient use of both time and effort for all users. Even if they are accessing through the app. This is well thought out and designed software.

Cons

The hardest part has been vocabulary - some items a called something different than what we call them and getting that lined out was a challenge.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

While DoorLoop didn't have all the features we were looking for, to a person they did everything to win our business. From the sales team to the onboarding. Most property management software does the same things, it is the people that make the difference.

No Training on the program

I called to get help on the program was not working properly. They told me I had to upgrade the account. In order to help me. Then he wrote back and told me he hasn’t heard from me and he was going to close out my account after they have already collected the money! Don’t use [SENSITIVE CONTENT]! I have never been treated so rude from this company. I always used [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and he was always very helpful!

Pros

The product was easy to use when it worked right kept all the information together that was needed If it would keep the numbers correct it would have been a great program. It does not work for me. They need more training on the program and better communication.

Cons

The software did not keep the records correct and you could not delete anything unless you call someone.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

[SENSITIVE CONTENT]was very helpful. But I still needed training.I wanted something easy to use.

Response from DoorLoop

This is clearly a fake review and we have submitted a ticket with Gartner to remove it. We always offer unlimited free support and training to anyone regardless of what plan they're on, even if they're not a paying member yet. Why would we tell a paying customer we are going to close their account if they are paying us? Nothing makes sense in this review for a reason, because it's not real.

Replied May 2022

Tami

We Love DoorLoop!

Everything that is important to us is integrated in DoorLoop and their customer service has been fantastic to get us up and running quickly.

Pros

We fired our property manager and looked for the best software solution for managing our properties. I had a long checklist because we had used Appfolio in the past… DoorLoop was the stand out best solution! It has all the functions of pricey management software at an affordable price and the customer service cannot be beat!

Cons

We are still learning the software and have not used all of the integrated functions yet. No complaints!

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

It has all of the functions we want at a reasonable price and is easy to use.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Parted ways with property management company and needed a software solution.

Anisah

Love DoorLoop

My onboarding experience has been great! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been amazing and very helpful with training and support. I am still learning the software, but it has been very user friendly thus far and I am excited to get all the residents using the portal and paying online!

Pros

The accounting aspects of the software is user friendly and I like the ease in imputing the resident information.

Cons

Nothing as a con found so far as I just started using the software.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

The demo was very user friendly and I have used Yardi before when I was still working onsite for property management companies and I wanted to try something new.

Alexis

Great experience!

Our experience with Doorloop has been amazing since always! I love how fast they can help me out to get things sorted and fixed. I'm new in this real state field and they always took the time to explain and lead me. Nowadays, the customer service we receive from most companies is always a disaster! Thank you guys!

Pros

- Really fast and simple way to create leases. - Great accounting reports. - EXCELLENT SUPPORT BY THE WHOLE TEAM IN JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES. - All the information I need from tenants. - Great "Ending leases" warning that help us keep %100 occupancy in all our properties.

Cons

- I'd like to be able to edit "Room" and "Property" directly from a Tenant. Some of them switch rooms or houses and I have to create a new profile and delete the previous one. Having this facility would be awesome!

Residential/Commercial Property Manager's Dream

We're solving of communications snags and it makes auditing our rent trail much much easier. We're big fans of doorloop and would recommend to any property manager.

Pros

I like that this software is versatile and customizable for my business. The customer support team is fantastic, very quick to respond and solve any issues that come up.

Cons

A few things that would be nice would be if you could have the property manager able to pay the online payment fee. We'd also like it if we could have the fees related to application reimbursable if we decided not to run the background check/credit check.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Price, customizable, clean, easy to understand

Charles

Doorloop fan

Great

Pros

It is as I would have designed it if I knew how. Its the perfect software

Cons

It would be great if it had more options when it comes to personalizing notifications to tenants. I would like them to receive one before they are charged a late fee, for example. It has notifications before it charges the rent and once the late fee is applied, but not before. Silly small thing, but I cannot thing of anything else right now

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

The guy selling it convinced me

2 month review

It has saved me lots of time keeping track of rent payments. Who owes what and who is current. I also love that it reminds me when leases are coming due.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use. If I don't know how to do something the online knowledge library is very convenient.

Cons

My only complaint about the software is that you cannot break down expenses by each individual apartments, only by main property.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

We chose DoorLoop because of their integrity and reviews were fantastic and they didn't disappoint. I also liked that they were NOT pushy, but were willing to help when I reached out for help.

Robert

May 2022

Most Flexible product on the market

Incrediby positive, although the product is new to us, the support is on top of things and makes our lives much easier

Pros

The functionality is incredible. It's as if the product is created for each individual user

Cons

No very happy on all parts. I might be happier if they could add a lockbox to accept check payments

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Ease of use and flexibility

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

For flexibility and to have a product that can accomodate all our needs from rent collection, bill paying to maintenance requests

Izhak

Incredible reporting and robust accounting

Pros

I have known many of the founders for several years and they have an impressive record of successful ventures, so I was lucky enough to get invited for an early access trial. So far I've found it to be incredibly intuitive, easy to use and above all the speed with which I can generate my reports is incredible. From a tenant perspective, the portal has greatly improved my communication and allowed me to easily track maintenance requests submitted by my tenants. I'm excited to grow with the product and already see huge benefits implementing this into my business.

Cons

As I noted, I'm one of the first users to gain access to the system so it's still missing some small features, however after speaking with their support team, even the smallest functionality I will need for my business is on their roadmap to be released over the next couple of quarters.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

The detailed accounting system was a huge part of why I decided to go with DoorLoop as it means I no longer have need for QuickBooks

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

The reporting was the biggest draw for me as being able to get a quick and clear picture of everything that's going on is vital for me to be successful

Gayle

Amazing and Simple

It’s just 100% positive. What else can I say? I can honestly say I have never in my life said that about a piece of software or a commercial product. The combination of thoughtful product development that can be customized to your specific needs, and the level of support from live people is so refreshing I. This age of AI and automated everything often makes getting help a challenge and takes great chunks of time. Not with this product!

Pros

The support team from Doorloop is the very best in the business. They are always there, even when they are closed! I am impressed beyond words at how fast, friendly and smart they are. If you are working on an issue at 10 at night, you will have help by the next morning. If you wish you could do something beyond the software’s capacity, they will review the thought and if feasible the programmers get on it, and you’ve got it. They help correct your mistakes too, so the boss doesn’t see your stupidity!

Cons

Sometimes I get confused about where a certain feature can be found and I have to mess around. I think that is me, not the program. Some features I use more than others so it is just from a learning curve.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Personal support and outside references

Eli

Best support by far

Truly revolutionary for our business. We definitely will be recommending this to others!

Pros

The training, onboarding, migration, and support. Getting started couldn't have been easier thanks to them holding our hand and walking us through the entire process. Switching from appfolio was no easy task, but they made it as quick and painless as possible.

Cons

They don't have every bell and whistle yet, but then again, we never really used them before either. This product is way more intuitive and user friendly since it hasn't been cluttered yet with an endless amount of features that no one uses.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

The responsiveness of their team - they contacted me right away and significantly faster than Yardi.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Never felt like the software was the right fit for us. It was expensive, hard to use, and took forever to train new employees and managers. We've had some issues in the past that were never resolved, and one was a dealbreaker.

The technology I’ve been waiting for

No software can do every single thing I ever imagined, but with their API, I can most likely accomplish it.

Pros

Definitely the technology of the entire platform. Being a property manager who dabbles in software development, I wanted a software that used the latest and great tech stack that was fast, responsive, mobile-friendly, and could keep up with our needs as we scale the business and our portfolio.

Cons

API documentation could be improved, but I figured it out.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

They were also a new platform, but they didn’t have an API. Almost every other software I tested was built 15+ years ago making their coding language outdated and obsolete. It’s nearly impossible for these companies to compete (tech wise) with a platform built with today’s best programming capabilities. Think MySpace VS Facebook, or Blackberry VS iPhone.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

I needed something more robust than my 20 page Google Sheets with custom macros and data-pulls. Doorloop has an open API that gives me the capabilities to continue building advanced modules on top of their platform, giving us unlimited customization. It’s kind of like SalesForce but for property management, and without the costs of SF.

Marlana

April 2022

The Customer Service!

I cannot rave enough about the customer service through door loop. A honestly make you feel like you are their only client Go above and beyond any time I need their assistance.

Pros

This software had everything that I needed with a lot of additional features that I didn't realize I was missing.

Cons

I can't seem to find any cons to this software whatsoever. All of the features are very simple and user friendly.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Initially you are always rolling the dice when starting up with new software. Door loop seemed to be very transparent and had every feature that I needed.

Tori

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

March 2022

Great Software and Excellent Customer Service!

I have really enjoyed my experience with doorloop. It is a great place for me to keep all things assistant/property manager related. Their Customer Services is beyond what I have every experienced!! They are so helpful and patient. I personally needed assistance with accounting and they helped me beyond what I was expecting. They are super quick to respond and assist with any questions you have.

Pros

The onboarding was very simple. Everything you need is in one place! There is a small learning curve, like there is with any other software, but once you use it for a little bit it's super easy and intuitive. I love that it will send out rent reminders automatically and tenants are able to pay rent through their own portal. It shows on the dashboard still owes rent. Much more efficient than tracking through Excel. It is also easy to track your income and expenses.

Cons

No cons that I am aware of. Everything has been great!

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Look at both of these and watched some youtube videos - personally liked the layout of DoorLoop better and it looked simpler to use.

Automated my business and portfolio

Pros

The main reason we chose Doorloop is because we were spending too much time manually creating leases and renewals in microsoft word. Our staff was getting bogged down and couldn't keep up with the work so we urgently needed a program to help us automate as much as possible. Now we've setup templates and workflows to automate our leasing process, from sorting through our prospective tenants, to sending online calendars to schedule walkthroughs, to screening tenants, to renters insurance, and more. It's saved us a considerable amount of time so far.

Cons

Not every single thing is able to be automated yet, but I put in some suggestions and it seems like it's moving in the right direction. Like everything else, setup takes a bit of time, but after it's all done, we are saving much more time and getting more work done with the same amount of staff.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

They specialized in automation and the other platforms we reviewed didn't.

Dana

February 2022

New Property Management - New Software

My experience with DoorLoop has been amazing! I tell anyone who will listen that they will be hard-pressed to find a property management program that is so easy to use, yet so comprehensive.

Pros

The ease of deployment within DoorLoop was fabulous. We were able to get up and running in literally days. The functionality for end-users is highly intuitive. Customer service at DoorLoop is unprecedented in their responsiveness and thoroughness when dealing with issues - large or small. I also appreciate the extreme willingness to listen to what users need and actually develop the product further.

Cons

The only "con" with our time in using DoorLoop is it IS a newer company/program. So some of the functionality is still being developed. That being said, I have yet to make a dev request and be told "no" - DoorLoop really listens to what is needed AND tries to understand why.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Price-point, functionality, and customer service

Aron

Helps manage our buildings efficiently

With a development and software engineering background, I can confidently say this program is one of the best developed programs in the industry that utilizes the latest dev languages.

Pros

This was exactly what we were looking for in terms of office leasing, building management, and prospecting. Since we manage numerous buildings, we really liked the ability to have separate logins for each building with separate tenant portals, logos, designs, and more.

Cons

Nothing at the moment, but we’re still fairly new and learning the program.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

I’ve personally tried numerous other programs, and none of them had all the features we needed. There is a wide range of customization options available at our fingertips, from the ability to customize the tenant and owner portal, and even the emails that get sent to our residents. It really is a fully white-labeled solution.

Dean

Industry: Investment Management

February 2022

Lease Management

Love the overall performance of the software and the personalized onboarding process.

Pros

The ease of organizing prospects and tenants. Collecting rents and alerts and announcements

Cons

I would like to see lease renewals linked to tenants emails and alerts sent to tenants when renewals are coming due. Would also like to see rents and security deposits able to be directly deposited into operating and escrow deposits as directed.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Functionality/ease of use/ affordability/customer support

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

More streamlined processes and ease of use

Daniel Colby

March 2022

Best Property Management Software!

Definitely an important asset for our property management division. Helps us track all aspects of the business.

Pros

Cost, Ease of Use / Functionality, Support

Cons

Lack of simple owner statements to provide to owners on a monthly/yearly basis - however, I am told this feature is being added very soon!

Costs, Support, Ease of Use

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

DoorLoop is much more user friendly and offers excellent customer service and support.

Aryeh

Makes your company organized

Pros

Doorloop forces you to stay organized. As property managers, there isn't enough time in the day to get everything done or get back to prospects or active tenants that have questions or maintenance requests. When we needed to find any document, lease agreement, contract, or anything in general, it would take forever to comb through our emails, digital and paper files, even though we were already scanning everything into our Dropbox. We still can everything, but now we put it directly into Doorloop so it's searchable in one click and we can see everything based on each property, unit, or tenant. It sounds silly, but the search button on the top left of the program is probably one of our most heavily used features. We're able to find any document, lease, tenant, or task instantly. For all the property managers out there reading this: if youre like me and know you could be more organized, give doorloop or any of the other programs a try. Anything is better than nothing, trust me.

Cons

I still wish I had more time in the day!

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Still very hard to find documents and link everything together by property, unit, or tenant. Folder structure became very complicated. Security settings weren't as good as we needed but the backups were nice.

More than what I need

Pros

Although I know I am not the typical customer, I use DL to manage a few of my personal investment rentals. I liked the automation aspect of the program. Since this isn’t my full-time job, I’m not able to be hands on all day and I needed a solution to automate as much as possible from rent collection, reminders, listings, lease renewals, and personal task reminders and deadlines. I don’t use all the bells and whistles but it gets the job done for what I’m looking for.

Cons

There is A LOT this software offers and I hope to one day use more of it when I have the bandwidth.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

They were more focused on PM.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Monday was great for task management, but not for property management.

Jason

Property Management Accounting Done Right

Pros

We chose Doorloop because of the property management accounting capabilities. It did everything we wanted and checked off every box on our list plus more. We can now run financial statements for each individual property. We can see profit & loss reports per property. We can maintain double-entry accounting accuracy. Doorloop comes pre-built with many reports we can use out of the box. They did most of the hard work for us which we really appreciated.

Cons

Waiting on an integration with Quickbooks.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Too complicated and expensive to use

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

They did not have any accounting capabilities. We mostly used them for project and task management.

Seth

Ease and Efficiency – Helping my business grow

Pros

DoorLoop’s software helps me to easily keep track of prospects, bills, delinquencies, vendors, and so much more. I used to be inundated with paperwork, but now I am so much more organized. Frankly, DoorLoop is helping me save money while scaling. I also, know one of the owners very well and trust him. And if he is involved, then in addition to DoorLoop being a great software, the company itself is in very good hands.

Cons

While I am super happy about being one of the first users (we call ourselves Loopers), I wish I could have invested in this product…it is really that good. But if I had to choose something, I wish they had a service that customized the checks I use to pay vendors, versus me having to order them separately from another vendor.

DoorLoop