All DoorLoop Reviews

Csilla

1 employee

Used unspecified

Reviewed January 2024

Doorloop Is The Leader In Property Management.

Izhak

Reviewed December 2020

Incredible reporting and robust accounting

PROS

I have known many of the founders for several years and they have an impressive record of successful ventures, so I was lucky enough to get invited for an early access trial. So far I've found it to be incredibly intuitive, easy to use and above all the speed with which I can generate my reports is incredible. From a tenant perspective, the portal has greatly improved my communication and allowed me to easily track maintenance requests submitted by my tenants. I'm excited to grow with the product and already see huge benefits implementing this into my business.

CONS

As I noted, I'm one of the first users to gain access to the system so it's still missing some small features, however after speaking with their support team, even the smallest functionality I will need for my business is on their roadmap to be released over the next couple of quarters.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

The detailed accounting system was a huge part of why I decided to go with DoorLoop as it means I no longer have need for QuickBooks

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

The reporting was the biggest draw for me as being able to get a quick and clear picture of everything that's going on is vital for me to be successful

george

Reviewed April 2024

Door Loop for property managment and construction

I am please I purchased the product, and plan on renewing it when my 1 year anniversary comes up.

PROS

I like that it imports transactions from my banks. I like the reporting feature that breaks costs down by property. I like the lease tracking and renewal feature.

CONS

I don't like paying to pay bills, hence I don't use it. There are times that if you dont follow the recommended steps to do an event, such as lease renewal, you can screw up the property, and need to go to technical support to clear it up. I call that stupid user mistakes, but DL will let you make them.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

I don't remember the exact specifics, but DL seemed to meet all my needs. I liked the interface and the weekly updates to the product. While not the least expensive, it was a lot less than some I looked at. I have just enough properties to kick me into the 'next tier' competing with the big boys, hence more expensive.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

quickbooks was to cumbersome, and they kept raising their prices, which teed me off. so i went elsewhere.

justin

Reviewed January 2023

Optimistic, but frustrated User

Disappointed and frustrated are the best words to describe my experience with Doorloop. But I haven't given up yet. I'm invested too much of my own time to give up just yet.

PROS

Overall, the potential of Doorloop is amazing. My sales rep was very persuasive and wish the product was as helpful and as automated as he had implied. Syncing bank accounts via Plaid is a major plus! The UI is much better than competitors.

CONS

The onboarding has been really frustrating. All of customer support is helpful, especially [sensitive content hidden], but access to customer support is limited. In some instance it has taken me over a week to book time with [sensitive content hidden].

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

The Salesperson really sold me on the ease of the product and the automation of financial reconcilation.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

I wanted a cloud based software which would speed up data entry by syncing bank and credit card accounts and auto reconciled reoccurring transactions.

Hi Justin, Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear that our bank sync and UI have been helpful to us. We're sorry to hear that your onboarding process has been frustrating. It's very important to us to make sure that every one of our members works with a real person, not a bot. With that said, we are growing our team in order to make sure that wait times are as low as possible. If there's anything at all we can do to help make the onboarding process smoother for you, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Replied February 2023

Dustin

Reviewed January 2024

Perfect Property Management Solution if you love Automation

Honestly, it's been a game-changer for me. As a one-employee company that relies on contractors to subcontract work to, it feels like DoorLoop is handling a lot of the "back office" work while I can make sure that the key functions are being done to move the business forward.

PROS

The reason I chose DoorLoop is that it was one of the ONLY solutions that had Zapier integrations. For property managers, Zapier is a must have automation tool, but unfortunately many other tools on the market for managing rentals don't support it. This was the primary reason I chose DoorLoop, but so many other surprises have come along with it, such as the customizable website and tenant portals to continue to grow our companies barnd.

CONS

The price is higher than other products I was using previously, but honestly, the automations and the value have made it worth it. Still, it may not be great for some folks with only 1 - 2 properties. For those managers with more who are looking for a scalable solution, this is your best bet.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

I had some of the alternative products, and honestly their system wasn't nearly as scalable as DoorLoop. I found myself having to build custom solutions to fit my needs vs. just having those solutions/systems built-in to the product.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Avail wasn't very customizable and felt way more clunky than DoorLoop

Robert

One Stop Shop

I like the ease of use and my tenants seem to like it as well which means I get my rents hassle-free

PROS

I like that all facets of managing my real estate portfolio are in one portal.

CONS

The cost is higher than many products but seems like it offers a total package

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

Door loop is an all-in-one management solution

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Tenant cloud did not have accounting features

Kimberly

Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Resource Saving Tool

It is alot upfront but definitely worth it. If you were starting from scratch with a new business it is an absolute must. We will continue to use this app and expect next year to go even smoother.

PROS

The ability to access accounting and rental information virtually. Great customer/product support through topic search, online chat and zoom meetings.

CONS

The annual rent increases are not automatically populated in the Doorloop tenant portal .

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Wanted our accounting mapped to a rental software with both accessible remotely.

Mike

Reviewed February 2024

Great product with loads of information.

So far, one of the best systems I have used.

PROS

Ease of access and the ability to put as much as possible on "cruise control."

CONS

Charges for signatures. I am looking at other options or how to upgrade.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

User interface. Appealing to the eye. Ease for everyone from us, to owners, to accountants can get what they need.

Tiffani

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Love this system

Simply LOVE this System! It makes all of our lives so much easier.

PROS

makes everything easier to see track and manage!

CONS

Don't think there is many cons we had some issues learning how to do thins early on but the help page or customer support had relieved/taught us how to get over or past everything we ended up facing!

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

Price and after our onboarding we felt confident in this system..

Kelly

very satisfied user

PROS

my favorite feature is e-signature capabilities. i have templates uploaded, so its a quick fill in the blanks, then everybody signs thru email.

CONS

there is no decent way to keep track of garages

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

price was a huge factor and i liked the mobile app best on doorloop, for tenants and managers

eva

Investment Management, 2-10 employees

Eburrezz llc

this is a great investment considering all my properties are in another state I can handle requests fast and collect rent easily.

PROS

keeping up with payments and logging all conversation

CONS

payments take a few days to transfer to my bank.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

the pricing customer service and hands-on help

Aaron

Reviewed September 2022

Great Value, Fresh Look to Property Management, Missing Mid-Term Market

We are a small real estate investment business that is growing. We needed to move away from the manual and paper way of doing business to expand and provide a better solution for our tenants. DoorLoop hits the mark to get make that transition and get started.

PROS

The UI is very intuitive and the features cover most of the necessary aspects of owning and managing a rental property.

CONS

Communication with the tenants. I like the ability to make announcements, but it would be even better to have threaded discussions with the tenants where the communication can be tracked and referenced later. The other piece that is missing is connecting with Furnished Finders [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for posting rentals and managing communication. The mid-term furnished rental market is not being served by any property management software. We require a blend between short-term and long-term features. Everyone is going after short-term (AirBNB) and long-term. There is a huge market for this and a giant void.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

Great value. I could tell it was a new thoughtful UX approach to property management. The features were priced right and are the right ones.

Hi, Aaron - thank you so much for your review! It's so great to hear that DoorLoop's intuitive interface and features have been assets to your business. We definitely hear your constructive feedback. We're thrilled to have recently announced that DoorLoop has raised $20M in Series A funding, which will enable us to further develop our product roadmap and expand the portfolio types we're able to support. You are correct that all announcements are logged. On top of that, logs are automatically kept of all tenant requests and any communication that happens within them. Communication features are extremely important to us, and we look forward to continuing to expand the ones found within our software, especially with the newly expanded array of resources at our disposal. Thank you so much for being a part of the Looper family, and we can't wait to keep growing with you!

Replied September 2022

Csilla

Reviewed September 2023

Excellent Property Management Toolkit

I've been using DoorLoop for three months - the onboarding was well supported, and so far it's been an amazing experience. I can manage all aspects of property management - maintenance, leasing, accounting, marketing, file management. I'm really happy with DoorLoop!

PROS

My favorite thing about DoorLoop is that it's extremely user friendly and transparent, easy to navigate, while it has tons and tons of features. Whoever did the architecture part on this, did an amazing job. It's well built, fast, robust. It has everything a property manager could ever need: lease tracking, accounting, storing files, communication with tenants and vendors (and owners if you're managing third party properties). You can even link it up with your bank account for real time reconciliation. It has third party partners for insurance, for lease marketing, payment processing - whoever designed this knew exactly what a property manager would find useful. Onboarding was a breeze - there is live help, my questions are expertly and efficiently answered within hours (sometimes minutes). I feel like I have a team at my hand at all times. I was on Rent Manager before (as a landlord), and I couldn't wait to leave that platform. I was researching various options, and DoorLoop was by far the best from the get go. I'm so so glad I made the move.

CONS

There's not a lot I don't like so far. It will take some time for me to fully grasp and see through all the capabilities, but that's more of a plus than a minus.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

I found that the DoorLoop system offered everything I needed (and more) in a well organised and easy to use way. It feels like there's an extremely robust system that is somehow easy to use and easy to learn. While cost wise the alternative might have been somewhat cheaper, the extra features AND the well designed user interface makes this the perfect choice for me as an owner/property manager.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

I was an owner user of Rent Manager. I found it to be not user-friendly at all: a very slow system, very little customisation, the reporting wasn't organised at all. If I wanted to see what one property was doing financially, i had to pull a report. In DoorLoop I just go into that unit and every piece of information is right in front of me. Part of it is the visual: I feel like Rent Manager didn't take advantage of software architecture/customisation opportunities, they just built an online system based on what previously was done on paper. DoorLoop is designed with the user in mind from ground up.

Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Baldwin Park Review

We're new in the game of real estate but we have two apartment complexes and 140 units. This makes managing them very easy for first timers. I do believe the price is a little high compared to other programs, but we find doorloop worth it.

PROS

The ease of use between multiple bank accounts is a lovely feature. Tracking expenses and i love the reports we can get from a click of the button, like the rent roll.

CONS

weve been wanting p2p direct messaging between us and a tenants on doorloop like some competitors have.

same reasons above

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Doorloop functionality and navigation is much better. TC is not good when you have multiple bank accounts for accounting purposes.

jacob

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

ACH TAKES 7 DAYS TO POST

Door Loop has the ACH deposits going to their corporate accounts where they earn interest on them and take their sweet time to forward the funds to your account. Looks like they're taking on average 7 days from the day the tenant pays before you receive funds. Nobody told me about that when I signed up. I could just get checks and get the funds quicker than using their ACH scam.

PROS

Door Loop is very intuitive software. It was easy to set up and had videos readily available to learn almost every detail for setup.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

I was excited about not having to manage invoicing. The ACH feature is amazing because I don't have to worry about collecting money every month. Except from door Loop who holds your funds for 7 days before they deposit them into your account.

Reviewed January 2023

A+++ Highly Recommend

well im staying with them... if i didn't like it I wouldn't be staying!!

PROS

I most importantly love the customer service. if you have an issue you cant figure out you hop on to the chat and they help you. if it is a more complex issue you schedule a zoom call and they walk you through it. They help teach you how to do what you need and not just how to bandaid fix it

CONS

they are a new company, still working out some kinks, but they are working them out, its a great platform and has vastly improved over the last year in my opinion.

cost

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Needed something that was less expensive for tenants to pay online as well as a system that help via automation of simple tasks.

Larry

Reviewed July 2023

Doorloop rental management software

I can't say enough about how good the support has been! I've never had an issue getting an answer or solving a problem using the chat system. During the day response is usually almost immediate!

PROS

The ability to track our leases and the Tenant Portal are the most important features for our business. It was an easy transition to incorporate it into our business processes once we got past the learning curve. Support is fantastic since we are able to get answers to questions or difficulties almost immediately at any time via their online chat system.

CONS

There is a learning curve up front, but once we got used to it the product is easy to use. Some of the complexity is due to the extensive feature set.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

Portfolio management, extensive feature set.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

I mainly switched because I needed the ability to manage properties in multiple portfolios for accounting purposes which TenantCloud could not do.

Miles