What are DoorLoop users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using DoorLoop software through verified user reviews

• icon"This is a team of people that truly care about your success. They listen to your suggestions, they want your feedback, and they may even implement your ideas and features."
  • icon"Also, their accounting and reporting system is comprehensive, but yet really straightforward."
  • icon"It’s been about 8 months of use and we’ve been thrilled to see the number of improvements they keep on releasing. The software is only getting better and we’re confident we made the right choice."
  • icon"I submitted it as a feature suggestion and they took it seriously."
  • icon"Wish screening would also be free, but I understand if it costs money. I just charge my tenants for it and no one has complained."

Browse all DoorLoop Reviews

• Have you used DoorLoop and would like to share your experience with others?

Irving

The easiest and most affordable

Pros

Definitely the ease of use. Our last software took us months to figure out, and cost a fortune for training. After a few painful years, we finally made the switch because they didn't have certain features we wanted that doorloop offered. To say the software is easy to use is an understatement. We only needed two training sessions (an hour each), and felt like we were proficient enough to get going. What took months before, not only took a matter of days. It definitely took the pain out of migration and training.

Cons

I'm still waiting for the Zapier integration to be fully connected with all the apps so we can start doing some automation with our other programs.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

The cost and ease of use

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Because I felt like we had to be accountants to use the software. It took 45 minutes to reach tech support which simply wasn't acceptable when we have a growing business to run.

Izhak

Incredible reporting and robust accounting

Pros

I have known many of the founders for several years and they have an impressive record of successful ventures, so I was lucky enough to get invited for an early access trial. So far I've found it to be incredibly intuitive, easy to use and above all the speed with which I can generate my reports is incredible. From a tenant perspective, the portal has greatly improved my communication and allowed me to easily track maintenance requests submitted by my tenants. I'm excited to grow with the product and already see huge benefits implementing this into my business.

Cons

As I noted, I'm one of the first users to gain access to the system so it's still missing some small features, however after speaking with their support team, even the smallest functionality I will need for my business is on their roadmap to be released over the next couple of quarters.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

The detailed accounting system was a huge part of why I decided to go with DoorLoop as it means I no longer have need for QuickBooks

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

The reporting was the biggest draw for me as being able to get a quick and clear picture of everything that's going on is vital for me to be successful

Elan

Great

Pros

Ease of use and simplicity. Able to accomplish all tasks in one platform

Cons

Nothing. Everything in the system is great

Eli

Best support by far

Truly revolutionary for our business. We definitely will be recommending this to others!

Pros

The training, onboarding, migration, and support. Getting started couldn't have been easier thanks to them holding our hand and walking us through the entire process. Switching from appfolio was no easy task, but they made it as quick and painless as possible.

Cons

They don't have every bell and whistle yet, but then again, we never really used them before either. This product is way more intuitive and user friendly since it hasn't been cluttered yet with an endless amount of features that no one uses.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

The responsiveness of their team - they contacted me right away and significantly faster than Yardi.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Never felt like the software was the right fit for us. It was expensive, hard to use, and took forever to train new employees and managers. We've had some issues in the past that were never resolved, and one was a dealbreaker.

The technology I’ve been waiting for

No software can do every single thing I ever imagined, but with their API, I can most likely accomplish it.

Pros

Definitely the technology of the entire platform. Being a property manager who dabbles in software development, I wanted a software that used the latest and great tech stack that was fast, responsive, mobile-friendly, and could keep up with our needs as we scale the business and our portfolio.

Cons

API documentation could be improved, but I figured it out.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

They were also a new platform, but they didn’t have an API. Almost every other software I tested was built 15+ years ago making their coding language outdated and obsolete. It’s nearly impossible for these companies to compete (tech wise) with a platform built with today’s best programming capabilities. Think MySpace VS Facebook, or Blackberry VS iPhone.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

I needed something more robust than my 20 page Google Sheets with custom macros and data-pulls. Doorloop has an open API that gives me the capabilities to continue building advanced modules on top of their platform, giving us unlimited customization. It’s kind of like SalesForce but for property management, and without the costs of SF.

Aron

Helps manage our buildings efficiently

With a development and software engineering background, I can confidently say this program is one of the best developed programs in the industry that utilizes the latest dev languages.

Pros

This was exactly what we were looking for in terms of office leasing, building management, and prospecting. Since we manage numerous buildings, we really liked the ability to have separate logins for each building with separate tenant portals, logos, designs, and more.

Cons

Nothing at the moment, but we’re still fairly new and learning the program.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

I’ve personally tried numerous other programs, and none of them had all the features we needed. There is a wide range of customization options available at our fingertips, from the ability to customize the tenant and owner portal, and even the emails that get sent to our residents. It really is a fully white-labeled solution.

More than what I need

Pros

Although I know I am not the typical customer, I use DL to manage a few of my personal investment rentals. I liked the automation aspect of the program. Since this isn’t my full-time job, I’m not able to be hands on all day and I needed a solution to automate as much as possible from rent collection, reminders, listings, lease renewals, and personal task reminders and deadlines. I don’t use all the bells and whistles but it gets the job done for what I’m looking for.

Cons

There is A LOT this software offers and I hope to one day use more of it when I have the bandwidth.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

They were more focused on PM.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Monday was great for task management, but not for property management.

Jason

Property Management Accounting Done Right

Pros

We chose Doorloop because of the property management accounting capabilities. It did everything we wanted and checked off every box on our list plus more. We can now run financial statements for each individual property. We can see profit & loss reports per property. We can maintain double-entry accounting accuracy. Doorloop comes pre-built with many reports we can use out of the box. They did most of the hard work for us which we really appreciated.

Cons

Waiting on an integration with Quickbooks.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Too complicated and expensive to use

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

They did not have any accounting capabilities. We mostly used them for project and task management.

Adam

Automated my entire portfolio

Pros

The software helped me automate everything from listings, marketing, screening, renters insurance, lease agreements, to even renewals. I was using Yardi Breeze before, but it just wasn’t cutting it in terms of automation.

Cons

It's missing a couple of reports I like to use, but I was told that they will be available in the next couple of months.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Voyager was way too expensive and overkill for my small operation.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Yardi was not making my life easier, it was making it harder.

Or

Exactly what I needed

Pros

How quick and easy it was to get onboarded and running. We had a project that just got acquired, and needed a PMS to organize everything from our tenants, leases, payments, and more. We didn’t have the time or energy to spend months mastering the more complicated programs in the market, so DoorLoop was the perfect fit.

Cons

Nothing yet. So far, I am very pleased with the service.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Their team communicated with me almost instantly from their website and within 24 hours I was already on a demo.

Automated my business and portfolio

Pros

The main reason we chose Doorloop is because we were spending too much time manually creating leases and renewals in microsoft word. Our staff was getting bogged down and couldn't keep up with the work so we urgently needed a program to help us automate as much as possible. Now we've setup templates and workflows to automate our leasing process, from sorting through our prospective tenants, to sending online calendars to schedule walkthroughs, to screening tenants, to renters insurance, and more. It's saved us a considerable amount of time so far.

Cons

Not every single thing is able to be automated yet, but I put in some suggestions and it seems like it's moving in the right direction. Like everything else, setup takes a bit of time, but after it's all done, we are saving much more time and getting more work done with the same amount of staff.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

They specialized in automation and the other platforms we reviewed didn't.

Aryeh

Makes your company organized

Pros

Doorloop forces you to stay organized. As property managers, there isn't enough time in the day to get everything done or get back to prospects or active tenants that have questions or maintenance requests. When we needed to find any document, lease agreement, contract, or anything in general, it would take forever to comb through our emails, digital and paper files, even though we were already scanning everything into our Dropbox. We still can everything, but now we put it directly into Doorloop so it's searchable in one click and we can see everything based on each property, unit, or tenant. It sounds silly, but the search button on the top left of the program is probably one of our most heavily used features. We're able to find any document, lease, tenant, or task instantly. For all the property managers out there reading this: if youre like me and know you could be more organized, give doorloop or any of the other programs a try. Anything is better than nothing, trust me.

Cons

I still wish I had more time in the day!

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Still very hard to find documents and link everything together by property, unit, or tenant. Folder structure became very complicated. Security settings weren't as good as we needed but the backups were nice.

Seth

Ease and Efficiency – Helping my business grow

Pros

DoorLoop’s software helps me to easily keep track of prospects, bills, delinquencies, vendors, and so much more. I used to be inundated with paperwork, but now I am so much more organized. Frankly, DoorLoop is helping me save money while scaling. I also, know one of the owners very well and trust him. And if he is involved, then in addition to DoorLoop being a great software, the company itself is in very good hands.

Cons

While I am super happy about being one of the first users (we call ourselves Loopers), I wish I could have invested in this product…it is really that good. But if I had to choose something, I wish they had a service that customized the checks I use to pay vendors, versus me having to order them separately from another vendor.

Jason

Fast customer service

Can’t say enough great things about their software and support.

Pros

This software has the best customer service than any other PMS I’ve worked with. I’ve used Yardi, AppFolio, and Buildium in previous companies, and I never had a great experience when I needed help. Sure, they would answer my questions, but it could take anywhere from a few hours to days. With doorloop, it’s not unusual to get an answer within minutes. These are also American English speaking reps that are in the same timezone as us. Even though they don’t offer support on weekends, they still respond to my tickets if it’s important.

Cons

Although it’s a good security feature, I don’t want to always have to login with a code sent to my phone. I wish the industry in general came up with an easier method (webcam face recognition?).

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Appfolio is so big, I felt like no one really cared about us and we were just another number to them.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

The support was lousy. The sales team was fast and responsive in the very beginning when we first signed up, but when we needed support, the customer service team took forever to reach by phone sometimes.

Jarred

Phenomenal software. Amazing customer service.

Pros

Where to begin... The customer service is beyond amazing. They really take time to answer all of your questions (which given how easy the software is to use, I really didn't have many). But they also check in to see how I am doing/liking the software (loving it!). Frankly, it's one of the only companies that makes me feel like they actually appreciate my business. Also, using the software on the go (on my phone and iPad), could not be easier. Plus all of the same features I use via my computer are also available when I use it on the go. Finally, DoorLoop's software is clearly comprehensive, but still it looks and feels aesthetically beautiful and is super-fast. It seems like they already know what I am going to do next, that's how quickly pages load up.

Cons

If only their "notes" section allowed me to put in more characters. However, given my experience with their customer service, I called and told them this. Not only did they take my suggestion seriously, but they also told me that they would pass the request along to their development team to get that change on the schedule.

Comprehensive, Easy to use & Great support.

Pros

Accounting and prospecting features. Very comprehensive set of reports, yet so easy (a few clicks) and fast to run. And keeping track of prospects (and who those leads are assigned to) could not be easier with their built in CRM (customer relationship management) features. Also love the integrated background (criminal, credit, eviction history) search feature (a must-have for my residential properties) and that my tenants can easily purchase renter’s insurance directly within the DoorLoop renter portal (no more excuses!).

Cons

Would be nice if they already had implemented the DoorLoop website templates so that I could market my rental units via my website and have those details integrated directly with my DoorLoop’s account. However, while this would be a nice feature to have, it is certainly not a must feature to have. Plus, for what it’s worth, DoorLoop told me the feature is already in development and will be available in early 2021.

Rajiv

Checked every box on our list

Pros

We are a family owned and operated development company that also keeps and manages some of the properties we build. As such, I was specifically tasked with finding the best software for our needs. The extensive criteria included a full accounting module, built-in reporting, CRM for tracking prospective tenants, payment processing, vendor bill-pay, and more. DOORLOOP was one of the few companies that ticked every box on our list. It’s been about 8 months of use and we’ve been thrilled to see the number of improvements they keep on releasing. The software is only getting better and we’re confident we made the right choice.

Cons

The renter’s insurance isn’t offered through the renter application process yet. At the moment we are just referring our residents to the current provider we recommend.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

They were the only ones that had everything we were looking for and more.

Excellent bookkeeping tool

Overall I’ve been very pleased with the ease of use in setting everything up. It was a very similar process to quickbooks so everything translated over nicely.

Pros

The best part of this program is that I can keep track of my investments, expenses, revenue, balance sheets, and P&L for multiple properties all from one central location.

Cons

Nothing, I love the reporting. I just hope that my accountant will love it when it’s time for taxes.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

It was a mess trying to use workjarounds in quickbooks - when you have more than 1 property and use the same vendors and contractors for work orders, you now need to figure out a way to split their invoice for multiple properties if they bill you for everything in one invoice. Or, if you want to pay them, you need to go into both “Companies” in quickbooks and issue 2 checks. Multiply that by 10 contractors, and now you can see how tedious of a process it can be.

Bryan

property management accounting that replaces quickbooks

Pros

That we can finally separate our bookkeeping per property while still being connected so we can pay 1 vendor for multiple properties. QBO didn't allow us to pay a vendor, like a plumber, to do work across our different properties. We would have to login to each separate QBO Company, write a check, then do the same for each property and each vendor. This process would take our staff a full day just to pay vendors when it could have taken only 1 hour, which it now does. We still use quickbooks for our company accounting (payroll, expenses, etc..), but no longer use it for our property accounting (rent payments, vendor bills, etc...). The best part is, doorloop works exactly like QBO, so it's very familiar to all of us and required very little training.

Cons

No QBO sync yet but I'm told it's in the works.

See above

Doorloop has been a game-changer

Doorloop has been a blessing for us. It's affordable enough where we're comfortable adding all of our residential units and commercial tenants and has saved us countless hours every month in compiling our information, reconciling financials, looking up specific tenant items, etc.

Pros

Doorloop has every feature we could need, and it has been priceless for us with our residential and commercial properties alike. The price of their software is much less and much more affordable than all the other players in the market. The team has been incredibly responsive and accommodating, and they were very helpful in getting us onboarded. In the past, we have tried other software options and never been fully satisfied. Plus, Doorloop doesn't charge separately for support. Great, great platform and excellent service if needed.

Cons

There isn't anything I've disliked about Doorloop.

Josh

Automates my rent collection

Pros

Doorloop has saved me the incredible hassle of collecting rent the old-fashioned way with paper checks and cash. I would have to drive an hour away to visit my properties and collect rent in person. And if they didn't pay - I would have to come back! During the COVID quarantines, I no longer wanted to see people in person, so I looked for a better way and found Doorloop. My tenants get their own login for their own tenant portal where they can pay by credit card or eCheck on autopilot every month. And if they don't pay on time? Well...that's what an automatic late fee is for :)

Cons

Still trying to figure out how to handle tenants that want to pay by cash only.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

I got the software free for the next year.

Fastest PMS I've tried to date

Pros

This software is fast! Like really really fast. Everything just works perfectly out of the box. Generating reports takes seconds, not hours. It used to take us over 12 hours sometimes to generate reports on other programs. The team at DOORLOOP really went out of their way to make sure this software was easy to use and took less clicks to get to the most important parts of the program, which our team really appreciated.

Cons

While they do have an incredibly robust accounting suite, we are waiting on 2 reports to be built which the team said they will be adding shortly.

DAVID

Great for commercial properties

Pros

I couldn’t find a software that was really built for commercial properties. Many of them were a one-size fits all approach, jack of all trades, master of none. Doorloop really focuses strongly on both residential and commercial, and does both perfectly. I’m able to run all the reports needed that other companies didn’t have available

Cons

It's a new software so sometimes hard to find a specific page, However once used for more than few days very easy to learn to navigate

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Its free and website looks amazing and very intuitive

Matthew

Great product and customer service!!!

Easy easy easy

Pros

One-click global search for all of my properties (including, tenants, vendors, and much more) saves me so much time. The tenant portal, where I can communicate with my tenants, has also made me much more organized.

Cons

Would be great if there was a one-click option that would help me migrate over my data from the previous software I was using (not sure that any software actually has that feature); but not really not a big deal.

new easy fun

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

More what we wanted from an app.

Benjamin

Exactly what I was looking for

Pros

As a landlord, I liked the online portal the most. My tenants are able to pay by credit card now, something they’ve been asking for a very long time. They are also able to send maintenance requests through the portal instead of texting & calling us at all hours of the day. This keeps us much more organized and able to get an overview of where everything stands.

Cons

It takes a small learning curve like any other product, but they were very helpful in setting everything up with me.

DoorLoop