Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "Easy to move around in and bring up reports. Keeps accurate records of residents information. "

• "ITS VERY EASY AND SIMPLE; THERE ISNT ANYTHING THAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH."

• "Functions available are easy to use. I love the various reports to pull and the charts you can see. "

• "Very user friendly and help section is pretty detailed"

• Cons

• "Some navigation could be difficult to find certain items"

• "It doesn't send you notification on ur phone when a service request i's put in."

• "Not a lot of companies are using the software yet so any new hire will likely be using the software for the first time. "

• "There are too many steps to move in a resident, but at least I know all steps are double checked by on site staff."

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 249 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Cris from MESNER DEVELOPMENT CO.

Great Full-Featur Program and Easy to Learn/Use

With managing almost 350 units, we were swimming in Work Order and Maintenance information that was hard to keep track of. ResMan has removed that burden and everything is within reach for accounting, maintenance, property managers and Administrators. We are adding several hundred units to our Management Company over the next 12 months and we know that implementation will go well.

Pros

We came to ResMan from using QuickBooks only and keeping all our property Management in files, on our server in electronic format and/or lists and lists and files of Maintenance records.

We loved how easy Implementation went, and how, like QuickBooks, you can drill down to the details in ResMan. We now have all of our property management documentation in one place from Tenant files to Maintenance to Affordable Housing reporting information. Each time we contact support for assistance, the response is quick and very effective.

Cons

We still have not "cracked the nut" with the Tax Credits Compliance Reporting seamlessly working with our Nebraska Housing Finance agency. We are doing the Compliance Online with our funding agency manually until we can get back to working with Support and our Funding Agency to get this reporting in the format we need.

We know we can find a solution but our Management Company is growing so fast right now, we are tackling getting our new units into ResMan and then will get back to solving the Tax Credit Compliance reporting piece.

Response from ResMan of

Replied June 2019

Cris, thanks for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. You're right that compliance is a tough nut to crack but we are working at top speed to increase the innovation lead we enjoy in affordable. Our design philosophy is to provide a platform that helps businesses like yours grow. We're thrilled to be part of your growth journey! Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

Aminah from Real Estate

Resman, alternative to expensive competitors

Every accounting software has its loopholes but the difference is how the software company make use of any loopholes reported. With Resman, they have people dedicated to improving their software and they welcome suggestions and observation. Then they don't take that lightly. They discuss it with their development team and find a solution immediately. Other software company may listen but they may not take action according to expectation. I have been using Resman for almost two years now and so far, I do not have any significant complaint yet. I give them 4 out of 5 stars. The missing one star, being the room for more improvement.

Pros

I like the fact that they have dedicated friendly Customer service who would be there for you by email, by chat and by phone specially when Resman is new to you and trying to learn its features. Compared to other accounting software I have used, I would most likely recommend Resman to others. I also like the fact that they take criticism and reported loopholes constructively to improve and develop their software better to be more competitive. Another this I like about Resman is they help you when you set up the books at its initial stage.

Cons

Initially, I did not like the bank rec modules, but it looks like my problem with it has been addressed. I also least like the transaction categories because when you create charges, you think the category you chose would flow through the financial reports, but not all the time. It depends on how the transaction categories are being set up. If they were set up incorrectly, then your reports will not be correct and you will end up doing a journal entry to correct them and it is not efficient in a way. Garbage in, garbage out, sort of. What I would like to see is when you create charges, you should be able to choose from the chart of accounts directly, and not from the transaction categories.

Response from ResMan of

Replied December 2018

Aminah, Thank you for two years of loyalty and understanding. We have come a long way and as we continue to grow, expect us to be even better! --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | dennis.behrman@myresman.com

Jeanne from Multifamily Partner Group

Poor support for complex program, Lots of features, big learning curve (even experienced managers),

Liked the client format and ability to gather & share info w/clients. Liked integration with Bluemoon leases.

Pros

Lots of features (ability to upload photos, pets info, vehicles, leases). Seems simple at first, until you begin adding data & its counter-intuitive. Does have wide variety of multiple Report choices. Nice format to send client emails, notices and statements.

Cons

Very long-learning curve (even for experienced managers); sell `ease of moving into their system, but it isnt easy and doesnt have a smooth transition (& havent heard of any of our peers who did either). support isnt available in evenings (when mgrs. often need help, as apt offices are very busy during day hours). Unresponsive to recommendations. Chat (during day) is not very quick (are friendly) and has to escalate issue (which may take several days of going back & forth before issue is resolved if it can be resolved. Posting collections affects NOI and bottom line greatly (many owners/mgrs. who are doing major rehabs in class b-c-d properties no longer even list collections (which used to warn future landlords about a resident) because it affects their bottom line so negatively in Resman. There's not a way to make some GL accts options (or to have as optional or line-item info in reports as has been requested). Vendor invoices dont lay out like industry standard. Initial settlement statements input (even if done by Resman) and security deposits can mess up your system for years. Corrected posting errors in banking info cannot be hidden but show up, making scrolling post those corrected errors very long and disjointed. We have many friends in MF industry and all report difficulty & complexity of Resman, but like some of their better features. It isnt user-friendly or simple. Can have complex integration w/other partners initially or until you have kinks worked out.

Response from ResMan of

Replied August 2018

Jeanne, thanks for your review. Our goal was to offer a single end-to-end system for operators in the field that included everything you need to manage a portfolio of assets. We knew we were on the right track, and in particular our product's workflows, resident communications, and the reliability of our data and reporting have garnered kind reviews. In the six months since you wrote this review, we have worked hard to grow and improve our customer success team, and our case management and resolution numbers are looking great these days. We know that there's always room for improvement, so we'll be rolling out new ways to learn how to use ResMan, including online training, in the coming months. We're truly grateful for your business, and please reach out for help if you need anything. --Dennis Behrman

Sara from J.C. Hart Company

ResMan Property Management software

ResMan is good software, it is very user friendly. The ResMan support staff is very professional and courteous. The training we received when we first implemented the software at our company was first rate. Overall I think that ResMan is great.

Pros

I've used many different property management software systems over the years and ResMan is one of the most user friendly. I think with minimal training someone could very easily use ResMan and intuitively figure out how it works and how to accomplish most tasks. I have used ResMan since June 2015. I know our company has asked ResMan to add features, customize reports, etc and the software support has been very good. Typically anytime we have a problem or find a glich with the functionality, ResMan support is quick to reach out to us and usually is also quick to offer a solution.

Cons

I have noticed that when ResMan runs an update or adds a feature or enhancement, there can be issues with the functionality of other unrelated features. My experience has been that those minor issues that I've encountered have been corrected very quickly and usually before I have the opportunity to report them. Also, I feel that while there are a great deal of available financial reports however the reports features aren't as in depth or as numerous as what you might find with other property management software.

Olivia from Lexington Asset Management (TN)

The Ups and Downs of Resman

Resman is easy to use for everyday simple task and very efficient, the problem I have experienced is not being able to correct a mistake or back up when needed simply and quickly. Overall I would absolutely recommend this software to other property management companies.

Pros

I love that it is so easy to navigate. I will be paying bills and need a GL Code, so instead of pulling out the list you can just put like paint in the search bar and get the Code you need. Simple and efficient I like that our background screening and rent payment site is accessible within Resman. I love the little lizard guy.
I like that you can stroll over something and get an explanation of it's function, that is wonderful.

Cons

I have no way to back up, so I have to pull the addresses back up while working in them. I do not like that you cannot just enter someones phone number without getting their birth date and social, it will not let you save the number without it and some people don't like providing that info when all you really need is an updated contact number. I have had issues when trying to take a roommate off the lease and creates an accounting nightmare that I have yet to be able to correct.
When doing the move out reconciliations I have found that a simple mistake will create double charges.

Anc from Vertus Properties, Inc.

ResMan is like no other software

I personally love ResMan because it has allowed me to increase efficiency and accuracy. I think it has saved the company a significant amount of money because without ResMan we would have had to hire many more people to complete the tasks that now are performed by two.

Pros

ResMan is designed to save you time and make sure that your entries are correct. I love that there is more than one way to complete an action (for example, to record an invoice you can click on the Invoice link on the bottom menu, or go to invoices from the top menu), and that there are checks in place that do not allow to save a transaction unless every cell has been completed correctly. I also like how customizable the system is by allowing you to create different permissions for each user, different permissions and custom settings for each property, and different reports based on personal/company preferences. Before we switched to ResMan, we had different softwares to track the different activities pertaining to managing properties, but now everything is in one place and it is so much more convenient and time efficient.

Cons

There was only one element that I did not like about ResMan and that was when every report displayed the ResMan logo in bright blue. The issue was addressed and the logo was removed within a short time.

Jennifer from Horizon Realty Partners

Resman Review

We have been using Resman for the past 2 years and it is an amazing software. With Resman you have easy access, and user-friendly functions. The layout of the website is great and the navigation is easily understandable. You have hyperlinks from reports to residents, invoices, and transactions that are so convienent in checking any discrepancies. The conversion process is getting so much better from our first conversion to our latest conversion it was painless and fast and the customer service was proficient. The different communication methods from texting to emailing in bulk are so convenient for Property Managers.

Pros

There are so many great features in Resman it is hard to choose, the reports are great, the integration partners are so convenient and easy to set up. The software is so easy to navigate and you have an integrated calendar in which you can add an event and tag anyone in the company. The software also has a tasks bar to add daily, weekly and monthly tasks. There are still many great features provided.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is the ledgers which could sometimes be a little tricky for personnel to understand.

Melanie from 1st Choice Management Group

Great Program

Overall the program works great and I enjoy using it.

Pros

Resman makes it easy to communicate with your residents. The text feature is by far my favorite thing.

Cons

The Easy Lease integration with Blue Moon. There are lots of bugs that never seem to get fixed. Things that previously work, just stop working. Also, there should be a way to merge duplicate contacts.

Response from ResMan of

Replied June 2019

Melanie, thanks for taking the time to review ResMan! Your remarks about Blue Moon are a regular topic of discussion in our office. Leasing laws and regulations are abundant, lengthy, complex, and frequently changing. That makes integrations and automation challenging since every time a regulation is introduced or modified, a form needs to be changed, which requires the software to be updated. It can be frustrating for users and software developers alike! We have a team that monitors for changes and implements software updates as fast as possible. We envision a day when Blue Moon integration rarely results in a bug. We're constantly working toward that goal. Thanks for your business! We love all of our friends at 1st Choice! Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

Amanda from Village of Cross Creek

Resman review

I have been using Resman for 3 years and it is easy and quick to use and learn.

Pros

I like how simple and easy this system is to use. Every time I have called customer service I have had my questions answered.

Cons

I wish there was a way that I could text my residents. Everyone including prospects have asked me to text them for one thing or another and I cannot. Please find a way for us to change this.

Response from ResMan of

Replied October 2018

Amanda, I'm so sorry if there's confusion, but SMS / texting is currently an important and widely-enjoyed feature of ResMan Essentials. You can send individual or bulk emails and texts and your residents can respond to them. In the main menu at the top of the screen, click "Tools," then look under "Communication" and you should see these great features. (If not, please contact support!) Another great part of our resident communication feature is that your software has a built-in communication log so that you can track who communicated, when communication was sent, and how you communicated. --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | dennis.behrman@myresman.com

Yessenia from Bluebonnet Commercial Management

My everyday life with ResMan

I am solving the " not quick enough" follow up problem, with the texting tool. It is super simple, and users nowadays prefer a text rather than a phone call. So to easily text a reply, our follow-ups are in minutes Another tool would be the bulk messaging tool. I love to save templates like ( freeze warning, trash pick up, renewal emails, even pet reminders) and send them out as reminders on the property, and with the tool, you can send it out to their emails, and phones simultaneously. Perfect tool to reach all my residents.

Pros

I am obsessed with ResMan. I am a leasing professional, who is a daily user of the program. We use this program for our property, and not only I but my team loves how user-friendly it is. We can do anything from generating leases, prospect follow-ups, bulk messages, texting residents, invoices, box reports.. you name it we can do it.

Cons

That sometimes in order to gain access to certain tools, the admin must change control on their back end to give me access. BUT I don't really see that as an issue, just the only con i could find.

Response from ResMan of

Replied February 2019

Yessenia, thank you so much for your review! Our team is intimate with the trials and tribulations of life in the leasing office, so you are front of mind when we build our products. Thanks so much for your business. Cheers to your success! --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing

Jessica from Stone Legacy Group LLC

Great Software for Multi-family Housing

The main benefit of Resman for me is running a large amount of Form Letters, emails, and texts. As the Assistant Property Manager of a large community of over 500 units, Resman makes my tasks of communicating with residents much easier and less time consuming. I have used several Property Management websites in my years of experience and Resman is definitely my favorite.

Pros

My favorite feature of Resman is the texting option and online payments. I can easily and quickly send out text alerts to all residents about emergencies, events, etc. With most residents they respond quickly to this feature as most people have a cell phone with them at all times. It has helped me as an Assistant Property Manager to have regular contact with my clients.

Cons

There is not anything I can think of that I am unhappy with at this time. Resman is very user friendly and also has training videos that you can watch if you need assistance.

Wendy from Triumph Equity

Basic Information

Is good overall. But really dislike certain ways for Move out reconciliation and Pre-closing ways.

Pros

I love the texting option, the Bulk Sending messages and e-mails.

Cons

It seems pretty easy but once you are doing pre-closing - or changing period "DATES" if not enter currently- makes it difficult without you knowing and you're trying to figure out reasons. Also, move out reconciliations when you print out a new one instead of searching through the dead files, it gives you the date as of the date you print it and it enters your name , even if its a Reconciliation from 2 years ago with another Manager. I really do not like this, it should have original Final Statement. Plus, let you reverse your mistakes so you can start over. Is like Resman makes you do what Resman thinks is best. So , it's a little annoying. ( I hope I made sense).

Ben from Worcester Communities

ResMan has a solid foundation with a great potential upside moving forward

Overall, ResMan has allowed us to empower our people to take a greater degree of ownership over the operation of our properties. Our initial implementation and transition to ResMan was much smoother than most software changeovers. It is for these reason that we are happy with our move to ResMan and would recommend it to other property management companies.

Pros

First and foremost, ResMan is designed with the property's site staff in mind. ResMan is intuitive and user-friendly. Onboarding our new team members is not nearly as difficult as before since the learning curve with ResMan is not nearly as dramatic as with other software systems.

Cons

It is frustrating to use a software that can feel like it is still in beta testing at times. I understand ResMan is growing and I appreciate ResMan's commitment to improvement and development. However, as the administrator of our account and liaison between operations, accounting, and our executive team, I feel the growing pains ResMan goes through much more acutely than the majority of users. It gets old to use the phrases, "Yeah, that's a known ResMan issue," or "Yes, we've already let ResMan know and they've escalated it to the development team."

Amber from Summerfield Senior Living

Resman Software

Resman is definitely the best program for an assisted living community. The more I use it the easier I find it to use and the more helpful tools I find.

Pros

Resman is fairly easy to use and for the most part self explanatory. If I do have a question Resman Support has always been able to help me, and they are quick to respond either through the chat option or if I need to speak to someone directly.

Cons

One of the issues that I have run into is when a resident has passed after I have posted the upcoming month's rent charges it will not allow me to process their refund until after the 1st so I can reverse the rent charges. In California when a resident passes we have a 14 day time limit to process their refund, and having to wait until the 1st and remembering can pose a problem sometimes. The only other issue I have run into is that I have to enter people as applicants and not on our waitlist if I want to accept a payment from them so be on our paid waitlist. So our waitlist is not accurately portrayed in Resman, and people are shown as future residents instead of being able to just look up waitlist.

Crystal from Scenic Property Group

5 year Resman user

Pros

The software is very user friendly. I love the cloud based software, and the ease of being able to access the software from a tablet and cell phone, with ease. I like that the software is able to merge with so many other sites that we use, although they can improve the ease of the integrations going both in and out of the software.

Cons

The customer support help desk is lacking training and professionalism. The level one support system has issues solving any customer support concerns, and refuse to pass it to someone more experienced to handle it. In addition, the way they treat the customers is typically rude, and unprofessional.

The reports aren't completely up to par with other software competitors customizable views/preferences.

Amy from Cyrus Property Management

ResMan is Awesome

On Facebook there is a group called Apartment Management and Maintenance Support Group. Every month there is someone asking which software package we recommend. I always throw out ResMan. It's inexpensive, but still a quality product. I've also recommended it to my personal HOA, where I sit on the board. I really believe in ResMan, its support, its reports, and the overall product.

Pros

I have used Yardi, Appfolio, Quickbooks and ResMan throughout my career. ResMan by far is the easiest to manipulate. It's a new product, and I like that the owners are willing to listen to suggestions and improvements. It has met my needs for everything property management has to offer.

Cons

Just small little items. For instance, on the lease expiration report, why would I ever want to mark former residents? It's set to default.

Kristen from Mesner Development Co.

Easy to use and great for affordable properties!

We are a small property management company, managing roughly 200 affordable units and 16 market rate units. We manage both multi-family and single-family homes. We went "live" with ResMan about two months ago and couldn't be happier. Before we had been using Quickbooks and spreadsheets, lots of spreadsheets, and it wasn't efficient for the size of our business or to be able to grow our business. With the majority of our units being affordable, tax-credit units we knew we needed a property management system we could rely on and that would allow for the specific reporting and tracking that comes along with managing tax-credit properties. ResMan has exceeded all of our expectations when it comes to the affordable side. The implementation process went as smooth as it could have gone. And now that we have been actively using ResMan for two months, we are so happy with our decision. ResMan has allowed us to focus on other tasks that come with running a property management company that had been ignored due to the time it use to take us to record everything and run all of our necessary reports.

Pros

We love all the different kinds of reports ResMan offers and the ability to click into the detail from the reports. It is also so easy to get around in ResMan and being able to use the search bar within ResMan. Wonderful for affordable/ tax-credit properties. Being able to chat/message with the support desk or have someone call you within hours and explain and walk-through fixing any issue has been so helpful.

Cons

When posting recurring charges, you have to post everyone with a recurring charge, there is no option to take anyone out.

Richard from Titan SenQuest Management

Easy tracking for multiople locations

Overall experience has been great. Invoice processing, rent collections, reports. All work very well for me.

Pros

I like having the ability to drill down into P&L statements for a location, then being able to just change the parameter to select another location without having to open another P&L first. ResMan provides instant updates of changes made in accounting by a simple refresh. Also, each apartment can have individual amenities listed and easy to update market pricing.

Cons

I know it is a safety feature, but when I switch windows to check emails for 20 minutes or so, ResMan forces me to sign back in. As I said, I realize the need for that, but the question is what I liked least and that is the only thing I don't care for.

Mohsin from Karya Property Management

User Friendly with Variety of Features

Overall in a nut shell, the system is pretty awesome and is adequately equipped with all the necessary features like Accounting/Finance, Reporting requirements, Operations necessities and Administration & Management.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and offers a variety of features required to manage any property size efficiently and . The Dashboard is pretty awesome with respect to have features available right infront of you for rapid data analysis and quick decision making. Reports formats are easy to understand and filter options provide ease of use for any level. Right from Corporate to Property staff level, this gives convenience of use for everyone depending on the tasks and responsibilities. Permission Control with respect to roles and position is also very cool. Capability of going directly to the unit/apt from Reports is also great. Data integration and uploading is also remarkable.

Cons

Needs to have its own Screening software. Pay lease and Rent dynamics may be considered to be made direct part of ResMan main page.