• Pros

• "I love that it is very easy to use and understand."

• "It is easy to use and it was very easy to learn when we got it."

• "I love that it is easy to use. I work so much fast and get way more done in a day than I ever did."

• Cons

• "This is not so much a con for the Resman software but more so with the partners they are associated with. We have just constantly had issues with them."

• "Would like to see the demographics that are similar to those we see on the tax credit paperwork, but I hear that is coming soon!"

• "I would like a mobile app. It would be so much better if you could put notes in a vendor payment even after its been reconciled."

Browse ResMan Property Management Reviews

Becky from SI Communities

Easy, convenient

Pros

I love that I can get an easy overview of my entire portfolio. The dashboard is useful, the reports are great and the software is very intuitive. There is an easy flow between products and everything is included in the monthly price.

Cons

I would like better reporting for excluded units

Reasons for Choosing ResMan Property Management

Ease of use, overall value

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

Rolled out new internal management

Jaimie from Leinbach Company

Smoothest Software Out There!

Overall positive!

Pros

Instead of having different modules added on in an attempt to stay updated, REsman has a smooth, fully integrated platform that is user friendly and was easy (relatively) to install. We appreciate their ability to use integration partners, rather than forcing their customers to use ONLY their product, especially to integrate with our own website, insurance partner etc. This allows us more flexibility and control over which services we choose to use. They are one of the friendliest softwares for our on-site teams and have super good help videos and instructions. They are easy to get along with and I predict they will give Yardi and Onesite a run for their money. I highly recommend!

Cons

The accounting processes did not mesh quite as well, but our accounting department was able to come up with work arounds that satisfied them. Customer service used to be above expectations, but I think they have had some turnover and although I do think their customer service reps are polite and effective, we are not likely to get our issues resolved in less than 1 to 2 weeks now.

Reasons for Choosing ResMan Property Management

It filled all our desires at a great price.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

WE wanted to be able to use an integration with out own website, and we were looking for a software that was more user friendly and had a smoother operating platform. And price, of course.

Michael from First Choice Management Group

Getting Better, but not there yet

Overall, I think ResMan is TRYING to get in the game, but I wish it could happen a little(or a lot) quicker. Our account rep and support team are always great, they really do try their best to make all of our Property Management Softeware dreams come true. I REALLY want to love ResMan, I am hopeful that the future will show some drastic improvements!

Pros

It is somewhat easy to use, the dashboard is attractive and doesn't look sterile and cold like OneSite. The support team needs to be larger, but the team they have definitely does their best to react quickly and puts in requests for enhancements when we can not be helped. They are always friendly and upfront on what is coming and what they are trying to improve.

Cons

Too much double work, for instance to add lease term options you must add the property to the lease terms desired under Admin, Settings AND add the lease term under Property, Unit Type. As an Admin that the Regionals/Site Team depend on it is imperative that requests be taken care of swiftly and almost every task in ResMan requires an absorbent amount of time on the back end. Easy Lease, there is nothing easy about this.... from the set up to the use at the site level. Entarata has been my favorite with inline applications/leasing as far as ease of use and customer experience. Real Page wins over ResMan in this area as well. It feels like the software was designed by out of industry people, alot of things just don't make sense. For example if you want to require that applicant's enter their email address to complete the application(which OF COURSE this should be a required field when you are using online lease forms/apps) you can not exclude non-lease holders or children. Everyone in the household has to have an email entered....

Response from ResMan

Replied October 2018

Hi Michael. Thank you for your review. Everyone at ResMan loves First Choice. We'll be reaching out to you directly to address your concerns. We have some great stuff around the corner that should put a smile on your face. We're working hard to make it the best software you'll ever use. Please always feel free to reach out...we're here to help. --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing

Jaqueline from Veritas Equity Management

I Absolutely Love Resman

I think Resman is the best product available, compared to all the databases out there you outshine the all categories. The price point is perfect, except when you perform rate increases, upon renewal time. These increases, can take away from all the greatness.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up and customize. Admin access is the absolute best, if I ever get stuck i simply pull up the resman help link and type in my concern, and boom, I can figure it out.

Cons

I wish set up was quicker. If a devoted team got it all done day ONE /TWO omg that was would be amazing. I get it takes time, but maybe it could be done.

1. Price 2. Features 3. Integration Partners 4. Customer Service

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

It was years ago, that we switch from OnSite. Resman was referred to us by a friend and they spoke highly about the features and the price point.

Kate from KRI Properties

Efficient, Effective and User Friendly

My experience with Res Man has been great! I have been using the software for roughly 4 years, it has been very intuitive and helpful.

Pros

Res Man offers user friendly functions that make even the most novice of user, feel like a pro. I love how easy the system is to navigate. I also enjoyed the multiple integration options to additional vendors and partners to expand the multilevel use of the platform.

Cons

I am not a large fan of the reporting layout. I do like the drilling in aspect on the reports that link you back to Res Man to research if needed. But, the combing through the reports on the report page us not friendly to the eyes and it is very easy to overlook something you need quickly when in a rush.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

Rent manager was slightly more archaic in style, even with our recent upgrade to the advanced Rent Manager system, it was not as user friendly and it was overpriced.

Diane from Aspire Asset Management

Aspire Review

Overall, our experience has been very good. The implementation and training we paid for was unfortunately sub par to say the least, leaving us with several significant issues to address on our own. These have been rectified, however not without "pain". For the most part everyone we work with at ResMan is responsive and more than willing to do what they can to help. Their online chat support is wonderful. It is a tool, as well as their help section that i strongly encourage everyone to use. A year into using the system, we just about have all our bugs worked out! Again, I contribute much of this to our sub par training at implementation.

Pros

The fact that it is so user friendlyfor both onsite and corporate associates while providing the reports needed.

Cons

THE BUDGET portion of the package. Needs to be able to accommodate properties with no ResMan history. Right now it only works for those who have history.

Reasons for Choosing ResMan Property Management

How user friendly it was and the initial sales team was awesome.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

Lack of support. Ever increasing costs for items other software provided as part of the package.

Mollie from Geis Residential Management, LLC

Leading Management Software

From the initial implementation of my first property 7 years ago, to my most recent, ResMan works along side you and your team, keeping everyone on track to ensure the property is set up properly. We truly value this software, and highly recommend it to other management companies.

Pros

Having worked with other software, such as Yardi & OneSite, I am a firm believer that the very best software for the multi-family industry is ResMan! ResMan is extremely user friendly, easy to navigate, and the flow makes sense! The financial reports are excellent and meet the needs of my owners.

Cons

Overall, my experience has been very positive and I cannot think of a negative.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

Overall, ResMan makes sense. All aspects of ResMan are extremely easy to navigate.

Ken from KRI Properties

Resman runs our entire business - great software

Excellent product

Pros

Ease of use Created by operational people Easily integrated with other software

Cons

Wish it was a little cheaper (don't we always)

Same reasons.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

Ease of use Ability to see metrics across our entire portfolio

Angela from Blue Magma Residential

Assistant Community Director Review

Pros

The ease of use, and how it is integrated with other programs that we need to use daily.

Cons

At this time, I don't feel as though I have noticed any cons with this software

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

I was using OneSite with the previous ownership of the property so when Blue Magma purchased the property- ResMan is the software they are using.

Olivia from Lexington Asset Management (TN)

The Ups and Downs of Resman

Resman is easy to use for everyday simple task and very efficient, the problem I have experienced is not being able to correct a mistake or back up when needed simply and quickly. Overall I would absolutely recommend this software to other property management companies.

Pros

I love that it is so easy to navigate. I will be paying bills and need a GL Code, so instead of pulling out the list you can just put like paint in the search bar and get the Code you need. Simple and efficient I like that our background screening and rent payment site is accessible within Resman. I love the little lizard guy. I like that you can stroll over something and get an explanation of it's function, that is wonderful.

Cons

I have no way to back up, so I have to pull the addresses back up while working in them. I do not like that you cannot just enter someones phone number without getting their birth date and social, it will not let you save the number without it and some people don't like providing that info when all you really need is an updated contact number. I have had issues when trying to take a roommate off the lease and creates an accounting nightmare that I have yet to be able to correct. When doing the move out reconciliations I have found that a simple mistake will create double charges.

Krissy from Lloyd Jones

ResMan- Leading Software for Property Manager

We use Resman as our Property Management software for our community of 282 apartments. It has been an amazing software to use so far, and myself and the team are very impressed with it.

Pros

The best part about ResMan is how user friendly it is. It was quick to learn and easy to communicate with residents. It also has an excellent, clean interface. It looks much more advanced than other property management software I've used prior.

Cons

I feel like this software isn't easy to pull specific reports. It could just be a training issue, but some reports I used to be able to access immediately are more difficult to find.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

Our corporate office had us make the switch in order to increase productivity company wide. Our prior software was not serving as a useful tool for the company compared to what ResMan had to offer.

Response from ResMan

Replied October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We work very hard to make sure our property management platform is built with ease-of-use in mind. Regarding pulling reports, we recently launched an all-new support portal, here you can access hundreds of knowledge articles and familiarize yourself with reporting functions in our platform. You can also chat live with a support agent during operating hours if you ever need some additional help pulling reports. Thanks again for the feedback. Aaron Trujillo Sr. Digital Marketing Manager

Cris from MESNER DEVELOPMENT CO.

Great Full-Featur Program and Easy to Learn/Use

With managing almost 350 units, we were swimming in Work Order and Maintenance information that was hard to keep track of. ResMan has removed that burden and everything is within reach for accounting, maintenance, property managers and Administrators. We are adding several hundred units to our Management Company over the next 12 months and we know that implementation will go well.

Pros

We came to ResMan from using QuickBooks only and keeping all our property Management in files, on our server in electronic format and/or lists and lists and files of Maintenance records. We loved how easy Implementation went, and how, like QuickBooks, you can drill down to the details in ResMan. We now have all of our property management documentation in one place from Tenant files to Maintenance to Affordable Housing reporting information. Each time we contact support for assistance, the response is quick and very effective.

Cons

We still have not "cracked the nut" with the Tax Credits Compliance Reporting seamlessly working with our Nebraska Housing Finance agency. We are doing the Compliance Online with our funding agency manually until we can get back to working with Support and our Funding Agency to get this reporting in the format we need. We know we can find a solution but our Management Company is growing so fast right now, we are tackling getting our new units into ResMan and then will get back to solving the Tax Credit Compliance reporting piece.

Reasons for Choosing ResMan Property Management

We were looking to have everything in one location and all connected to the units and or tenants with ease so we do not spend a lot of time looking for important information. Detail that is available with clicks of the mouse. We have 3 managers in 3 different towns and the fact that we can all get onto the same programs and share all of the information online has made our Managers very efficient. We found everything we were looking for and love the ResMan program. Once we have expanded our Management Company to include several hundred more units, our final task is to work with ResMan support to streamline the Compliance on Line reporting with our funding agency. We know we

Response from ResMan

Replied June 2019

Cris, thanks for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. You're right that compliance is a tough nut to crack but we are working at top speed to increase the innovation lead we enjoy in affordable. Our design philosophy is to provide a platform that helps businesses like yours grow. We're thrilled to be part of your growth journey! Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

Sara from J.C. Hart Company

ResMan Property Management software

ResMan is good software, it is very user friendly. The ResMan support staff is very professional and courteous. The training we received when we first implemented the software at our company was first rate. Overall I think that ResMan is great.

Pros

I've used many different property management software systems over the years and ResMan is one of the most user friendly. I think with minimal training someone could very easily use ResMan and intuitively figure out how it works and how to accomplish most tasks. I have used ResMan since June 2015. I know our company has asked ResMan to add features, customize reports, etc and the software support has been very good. Typically anytime we have a problem or find a glich with the functionality, ResMan support is quick to reach out to us and usually is also quick to offer a solution.

Cons

I have noticed that when ResMan runs an update or adds a feature or enhancement, there can be issues with the functionality of other unrelated features. My experience has been that those minor issues that I've encountered have been corrected very quickly and usually before I have the opportunity to report them. Also, I feel that while there are a great deal of available financial reports however the reports features aren't as in depth or as numerous as what you might find with other property management software.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

I'm not certain as that was not my decision, however I am glad that we made the switch that's for sure.

Aminah from Real Estate

Resman, alternative to expensive competitors

Every accounting software has its loopholes but the difference is how the software company make use of any loopholes reported. With Resman, they have people dedicated to improving their software and they welcome suggestions and observation. Then they don't take that lightly. They discuss it with their development team and find a solution immediately. Other software company may listen but they may not take action according to expectation. I have been using Resman for almost two years now and so far, I do not have any significant complaint yet. I give them 4 out of 5 stars. The missing one star, being the room for more improvement.

Pros

I like the fact that they have dedicated friendly Customer service who would be there for you by email, by chat and by phone specially when Resman is new to you and trying to learn its features. Compared to other accounting software I have used, I would most likely recommend Resman to others. I also like the fact that they take criticism and reported loopholes constructively to improve and develop their software better to be more competitive. Another this I like about Resman is they help you when you set up the books at its initial stage.

Cons

Initially, I did not like the bank rec modules, but it looks like my problem with it has been addressed. I also least like the transaction categories because when you create charges, you think the category you chose would flow through the financial reports, but not all the time. It depends on how the transaction categories are being set up. If they were set up incorrectly, then your reports will not be correct and you will end up doing a journal entry to correct them and it is not efficient in a way. Garbage in, garbage out, sort of. What I would like to see is when you create charges, you should be able to choose from the chart of accounts directly, and not from the transaction categories.

Response from ResMan

Replied December 2018

Aminah, Thank you for two years of loyalty and understanding. We have come a long way and as we continue to grow, expect us to be even better! --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | dennis.behrman@myresman.com

Jeanne from Multifamily Partner Group

Poor support for complex program, Lots of features, big learning curve (even experienced managers),

Liked the client format and ability to gather & share info w/clients. Liked integration with Bluemoon leases.

Pros

Lots of features (ability to upload photos, pets info, vehicles, leases). Seems simple at first, until you begin adding data & its counter-intuitive. Does have wide variety of multiple Report choices. Nice format to send client emails, notices and statements.

Cons

Very long-learning curve (even for experienced managers); sell `ease of moving into their system, but it isnt easy and doesnt have a smooth transition (& havent heard of any of our peers who did either). support isnt available in evenings (when mgrs. often need help, as apt offices are very busy during day hours). Unresponsive to recommendations. Chat (during day) is not very quick (are friendly) and has to escalate issue (which may take several days of going back & forth before issue is resolved if it can be resolved. Posting collections affects NOI and bottom line greatly (many owners/mgrs. who are doing major rehabs in class b-c-d properties no longer even list collections (which used to warn future landlords about a resident) because it affects their bottom line so negatively in Resman. There's not a way to make some GL accts options (or to have as optional or line-item info in reports as has been requested). Vendor invoices dont lay out like industry standard. Initial settlement statements input (even if done by Resman) and security deposits can mess up your system for years. Corrected posting errors in banking info cannot be hidden but show up, making scrolling post those corrected errors very long and disjointed. We have many friends in MF industry and all report difficulty & complexity of Resman, but like some of their better features. It isnt user-friendly or simple. Can have complex integration w/other partners initially or until you have kinks worked out.

Response from ResMan

Replied August 2018

Jeanne, thanks for your review. Our goal was to offer a single end-to-end system for operators in the field that included everything you need to manage a portfolio of assets. We knew we were on the right track, and in particular our product's workflows, resident communications, and the reliability of our data and reporting have garnered kind reviews. In the six months since you wrote this review, we have worked hard to grow and improve our customer success team, and our case management and resolution numbers are looking great these days. We know that there's always room for improvement, so we'll be rolling out new ways to learn how to use ResMan, including online training, in the coming months. We're truly grateful for your business, and please reach out for help if you need anything. --Dennis Behrman

Melanie from 1st Choice Management Group

Great Program

Overall the program works great and I enjoy using it.

Pros

Resman makes it easy to communicate with your residents. The text feature is by far my favorite thing.

Cons

The Easy Lease integration with Blue Moon. There are lots of bugs that never seem to get fixed. Things that previously work, just stop working. Also, there should be a way to merge duplicate contacts.

Management change.

Response from ResMan

Replied June 2019

Melanie, thanks for taking the time to review ResMan! Your remarks about Blue Moon are a regular topic of discussion in our office. Leasing laws and regulations are abundant, lengthy, complex, and frequently changing. That makes integrations and automation challenging since every time a regulation is introduced or modified, a form needs to be changed, which requires the software to be updated. It can be frustrating for users and software developers alike! We have a team that monitors for changes and implements software updates as fast as possible. We envision a day when Blue Moon integration rarely results in a bug. We're constantly working toward that goal. Thanks for your business! We love all of our friends at 1st Choice! Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

Melissa from City Gate

GREATNESS

I prefer it, I love it, I recommend it to all.

Pros

Easy to use- you have more than one way to do all things for different learning patterns. Drill down features are amazing. Accounting side and Operation side work well with each other. Alot of the industry software has either a stronger front end or and amazing accounting. It is rare that you have a general good system on both sides.

Cons

Which experience a lot of glitches and I'm not sure if it due to all the integrations. We are always fixing links, " they are broken". I wish it had a lock like Yardi on it- Which does not allow the leasing team to move forwarded with out collecting information. Resman- the main tab does not all the rest, we have to go back and manually enter.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

Company decision, simple training and more cost effective.

Amber from Summerfield Senior Living

Industry: Facilities Services

Resman Software

I use ResMan daily and overall it has been very helpful and easy to use. The customer support has been very helpful, and if I have had any questions or needed any help navigating the site, their customer support team have been great. I tend to use the chat option, and have always been able to get detailed instruction on how to solve any questions or issues I may have run into.

Pros

The ease of scanning invoices and paying them is a major plus. The ability to have the invoice stored in the system so if needed I can go to the vendor and view without having to search through my paper files is extremely helpful.

Cons

I do not like that when I post charges on the 25th of the month, and if for some reason need to change that charge or if it was posted in error, I cannot make the change until the 1st of the month. The wait list option in ResMan is of no use to me due to the fact that you cannot input a charge, we do a paid wait list. In order to post a charge and payment I have to input them as an Applicant.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

When I changed companies, ResMan is what they were using. I have found that ResMan was an easier program to use for what I need to accomplish.

Anc from Vertus Properties, Inc.

ResMan is like no other software

I personally love ResMan because it has allowed me to increase efficiency and accuracy. I think it has saved the company a significant amount of money because without ResMan we would have had to hire many more people to complete the tasks that now are performed by two.

Pros

ResMan is designed to save you time and make sure that your entries are correct. I love that there is more than one way to complete an action (for example, to record an invoice you can click on the Invoice link on the bottom menu, or go to invoices from the top menu), and that there are checks in place that do not allow to save a transaction unless every cell has been completed correctly. I also like how customizable the system is by allowing you to create different permissions for each user, different permissions and custom settings for each property, and different reports based on personal/company preferences. Before we switched to ResMan, we had different softwares to track the different activities pertaining to managing properties, but now everything is in one place and it is so much more convenient and time efficient.

Cons

There was only one element that I did not like about ResMan and that was when every report displayed the ResMan logo in bright blue. The issue was addressed and the logo was removed within a short time.

Katelyn from J.C. Hart Company

ResMan Review

ResMan is overall very user friendly.

Pros

The feature I like most about this software is the texting capabilities. It allows us to reach our Resident at almost all times. I also like that ResMan typically integrates with other software easily.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is it seems like when there is an update there is often a glitch or the software crashes. This can usually be fixed by restarting my computer but can be frustrating if you are in the middle of something.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

Our corporate office made the switch before I started with the company. I believe it was because ResMan had better integration capabilities.

Response from ResMan

Replied March 2020

Katelyn, Thank you for sharing your experience with ResMan. We agree the bi-directional SMS feature is great, especially when you need to keep track of resident communication in one place. I forwarded this feedback to our product team as well. We appreciate all feedback from our users. Thanks Again, Aaron Trujillo ResMan | Marketing Director

John from Columbia Property Management

Great for Large Multifamily Property Managers

We used this software for about 6 months and switched. Onboarding was great. We were unique in that we had a lot of single-family properties and we had to make the software work for them but it was not meant for single-family and ultimately switched after 6 months.

Pros

The accounting function of this software was great. I was able to generate recurring bills monthly and automate many of monthly tasks. Onboarding was great, though costly, they had a great team get everything into their system and we had a great trainer come to our office and train the staff. No long term commitment, month to month pricing.

Cons

Even though it is not module based it is very similar to module-based software companies. You have to add the leasing vendor, a payment processor for tenants and collections integration. In all this software gets quite expensive very quickly. Not great software for commercial properties or single-family homes. They charge per property and cost starts to skyrocket.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

The accounting function of Appfolio didn't fit with what we were trying to do.

Karina from Urban SW

Honest Review from Township Apts

I have been using Resman for over 4 years and it has changed so many things for us on the operations of our property. It is so user friendly and training for new members has been an easier process.

Pros

The ease of using the software make our daily operations easier. The search bar is one of my favorite buttons, as well as being able to correct mistakes easily on ledgers.

Cons

What i like the least, is that many times the is really slow to load, especially towards the end of the business day.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

The main reason was our management company was looking for better pricing.

Response from ResMan

Replied March 2020

Karina, Thank you for your honest feedback. The quick search function is a lifesaver and we are glad to hear it is a favorite of yours. Thanks Again, Aaron Trujillo ResMan | Marketing Director

Maryanna from Gibson and Associates Real Estate Investments

Resman Review Questions

This is the first time I've used this program in this industry so it's a difficult thing for me to compare.

Pros

For the most part, the program is user friendly. New employees are able to pick up basics fairly easily.

Cons

I truly don't like when we have to trouble shoot an issue. The help (?) icon rarely offers any support when ever I use it to research an issue. When I've had to call the customer service agent the help takes so long to get, so I don't want to even call.

Reasons for Choosing ResMan Property Management

The managing partner knew someone within the company and wanted to give it a try.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

Our managing partner knew a lady that works for Resman and she convinced him to try the product.

Cindy from SMASHotels SMASH Residential

ResMan is the right choice

From the very beginning of researching ResMan, implementing, and our ongoing usage, we have been very fortunate to have hands on availability to those that can help us with any question or issue that comes up. With online training and additional webinars, we have been able to onboard a new accounting manager and Property Manager in no time at all. We are extremely thrilled!

Pros

This is the easiest product to use. Coming from a non-multi housing background, but using programs like Yardi in my past for Commercial Real Estate, ResMan, without taking any training, is the most intuitive program. It has every report you could ever need, the integrations are seamless, and the navigations through screens is super easy.

Cons

On property teams struggle a bit with the ease of the software, as it is completely different from Yardi and Property Matrix programs but it really can do so much more. I'm sure 2 years in we still haven't used all the functionality offered to us at this point. Customer service was a little tough when you had a question in the beginning, but they have since moved to a new platform where you have a dedicated team and it works amazing.

Reasons for Choosing ResMan Property Management

Ease of use, integrations.

Viki from Darcorp Management Group

Will Never Use Another Software

I have been using Resman since it was in the beta stage. I love this software. It's easy for employees to learn and easy to maneuver through.

Pros

I love the ease of corrections when mistakes are made. There is every report you can imagine. You have at least 2 to 3 ways to get somewhere in ResMan or what you are looking for.

Cons

I wish there was a better built in Marketing platform. We could post ads from ResMan to Facebook, Craigslist and others. Some numbers on the Reports don't match which is frustrating.

Reasons for Choosing ResMan Property Management

I love ResMan. It's simple. It's easy. Reporting is great.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

Pricing and ease of software

Kayla from Weller Management

Property Manager

Pros

The software is my best friend and easy to use not only on the computer but on my phone as well using google chrome or safari. The bulk text messaging, email, form letters, and much more. I am very pleased with the software in its entirety and can't wait to see what other enhancements are to come!

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about this software. It would be great to have a Resman app!

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

Due to the financial reports; Resman makes it easier to re-class and allows you to be more in control. They are also easier to read.

Jennifer from Horizon Realty Partners

Resman Review

We have been using Resman for the past 2 years and it is an amazing software. With Resman you have easy access, and user-friendly functions. The layout of the website is great and the navigation is easily understandable. You have hyperlinks from reports to residents, invoices, and transactions that are so convienent in checking any discrepancies. The conversion process is getting so much better from our first conversion to our latest conversion it was painless and fast and the customer service was proficient. The different communication methods from texting to emailing in bulk are so convenient for Property Managers.

Pros

There are so many great features in Resman it is hard to choose, the reports are great, the integration partners are so convenient and easy to set up. The software is so easy to navigate and you have an integrated calendar in which you can add an event and tag anyone in the company. The software also has a tasks bar to add daily, weekly and monthly tasks. There are still many great features provided.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is the ledgers which could sometimes be a little tricky for personnel to understand.

Marie from Holtax Group LLC

An Accountant's Perspective

The best thing about Resman from our standpoint is the accounting functions. Other software companies on the market focus on managing tenants but lack proper accounting making us, as the accountants, use to QBO or Xero. Resman has solved that problem !

Pros

Our firm specializes in managing multi-family real estate properties for our customers. Resman is by far the most robust real estate software available, especially the multitude of reports that can be generated. It is a full service tenant management program along with a full service back-end accounting program.

Cons

The software is a bit pricey for smaller investors. We have also found implementation glitches when we are not involved directly with the clients implementation process.

Reasons for Choosing ResMan Property Management

Although Resman is considerable more expensive that other software, in the end the software does everything we needed in one package. No need to find work-arounds or us add-in apps to get both tenant management, property management, and accounting.

Response from ResMan

Replied December 2019

Marie, We work hard to make sure we are on the leading edge of property management technology and accounting is at the core of what we do. Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We absolutely appreciate such positive feedback from an accounting professional. Aaron Trujillo, Sr. Digital Marketing Manager

Kim from City Gate Property Group

Resman is a great product!

Highly recommend to anyone!

Pros

I absolutely love this software! I've been in the Multi-family Industry for over 20 years and have tried so many different programs. Resman is easy to use- Navigation is a breeze. Use of short cuts really saves time. I love the ability to have short cut links to the reports I print most often. I can look at my Dashboard and in minutes know everything from Occupancy to Renewals and Maintenance trends. Training and support are easy to understand and they get things resolved quickly. I love the ability to post delinquency notes on multiple apartments on the dash board in minutes. Messaging/Emailing Residents has never been easier! If I had the opportunity, I would love to go to more Resman Trainings. The great thing is, I continue to find more ways to be productive with the ease of Resman.

Cons

Sometimes runs a little slow. (Honestly could be my internet). Wish you could link to the apartment when you are on the dashboard of delinquency notes. (Quick link) Wish the texting platform told you not only the name, but also the apartment number.

Brittany from The Simpson Organization

Best Property Management Software

This is the best property management software I have used. I would recommend them every time.

Pros

Very user friendly and the chat support feature

Cons

Notifications for messages within the system. Glitches with applications

Reasons for Choosing ResMan Property Management

Mainly the text feature and the ease of use. I had a trial version and loved it.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

Appfoilio was not setup for our company and our needs

Response from ResMan

Replied August 2020

Thanks for your support, Brittany! Our teams work hard to make ResMan the most user-friendly property management platform on the market, so thank you for the feedback.

Alexander from BSR Trust

A Property Management Must!

This is the most user friendly, adaptable program I’ve ever used. I want this where I work!

Pros

All of the “I wish xxxxxx software could do” and it “things would be easier if our program did this/that”.... ResMan does it! I worked in ResMan for a short period while working with BSR Trust and was in one of the first training programs. I have recommended ResMan to every management company there after. Delinquency notes, resident communication, reporting... ResMan is top notch!

Cons

Honestly I can’t not think of anything I dislike about ResMan. I would recommend a large, skilled sales team so more places will concert to ResMan

Response from ResMan

Replied June 2020

Alexander, Our teams try very hard to be the most user-friendly property management platform on the market, so thank you for the feedback. We love it! Regards, Aaron Trujillo Director of Demand/Sales Operations

Jillian from Clemons Real Estate

ResMan Review

Overall I would recommend ResMan to another company to implement. I would also like to continue to use this software in any future roles that I may take outside of the company I work for. It has been the most efficient and easy to use software that I have worked with.

Pros

I love how user friendly it is. The resident communication function should be an industry standard! The accounting software is very easy to follow and again, very user friendly.

Cons

On the setup side of things, there are some challenges understanding how to properly set things up. There are features that we don't need to use, but are required to use in some instances. An example being the online application process.

Reasons for Choosing ResMan Property Management

The functions that ResMan offered included all of the functions needed between the three options listed above.

Amanda from Village of Cross Creek

Resman review

I have been using Resman for 3 years and it is easy and quick to use and learn.

Pros

I like how simple and easy this system is to use. Every time I have called customer service I have had my questions answered.

Cons

I wish there was a way that I could text my residents. Everyone including prospects have asked me to text them for one thing or another and I cannot. Please find a way for us to change this.

Response from ResMan

Replied October 2018

Amanda, I'm so sorry if there's confusion, but SMS / texting is currently an important and widely-enjoyed feature of ResMan Essentials. You can send individual or bulk emails and texts and your residents can respond to them. In the main menu at the top of the screen, click "Tools," then look under "Communication" and you should see these great features. (If not, please contact support!) Another great part of our resident communication feature is that your software has a built-in communication log so that you can track who communicated, when communication was sent, and how you communicated. --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | dennis.behrman@myresman.com

Robby from Boyd Legacy

Fantastic Integration

Pros

This Property Management Software is fully integrated. Rarely does it push us into affiliate softwares that talk with each other. The seamless integration is so important because it increases reliability and reduces systematic errors. I also love the philosophy of minimizing the number of clicks!!!

Cons

I would love to be able to categorize our vendors (e.g., painting, flooring, tax professionals, etc.) so that our users may easily search for alternative vendors in the same category.

Pricing.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

RealPage could not get its invoices correct.

Daniel from J.C. Hart Company

Great Property Management Software

It has been great having a software that streamlines turns, work orders, and also helps you keep your budget inline.

Pros

This product is very user friendly and does everything you need it to.

Cons

when we first started using this product, ROI the lizard was used at icons and helped with getting to know the software. He isnt used as much but i think if he was it would help new users.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

ease of use and our company was growing.

Yessenia from Bluebonnet Commercial Management

My everyday life with ResMan

I am solving the " not quick enough" follow up problem, with the texting tool. It is super simple, and users nowadays prefer a text rather than a phone call. So to easily text a reply, our follow-ups are in minutes Another tool would be the bulk messaging tool. I love to save templates like ( freeze warning, trash pick up, renewal emails, even pet reminders) and send them out as reminders on the property, and with the tool, you can send it out to their emails, and phones simultaneously. Perfect tool to reach all my residents.

Pros

I am obsessed with ResMan. I am a leasing professional, who is a daily user of the program. We use this program for our property, and not only I but my team loves how user-friendly it is. We can do anything from generating leases, prospect follow-ups, bulk messages, texting residents, invoices, box reports.. you name it we can do it.

Cons

That sometimes in order to gain access to certain tools, the admin must change control on their back end to give me access. BUT I don't really see that as an issue, just the only con i could find.

Response from ResMan

Replied February 2019

Yessenia, thank you so much for your review! Our team is intimate with the trials and tribulations of life in the leasing office, so you are front of mind when we build our products. Thanks so much for your business. Cheers to your success! --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing

Michael from DB Capital Management, INC.

ResMan

Love the software. Worst on-boarding process I've ever experienced.

Pros

Ease of use. Display setup and options. User friendly.

Cons

Absolutely AWFUL on-boarding process I have ever experienced.

Ease of use and cost

Cost and ease of use

Jillian from Shippy Properties

I love this system!

I love resman, again, user friendly, nice customer service. Love the home screen too!

Pros

I love Resman for the user friendliness of it. The system is easy to use, you can also look up anything that you need to know through resman, and the customer service department has helped me so many times and I never need to bother anyone from my company to ask anything because its so easy to get ahold of resman. They are very knowledgeable and friendly. Resman has many cool features and reports that help with everyday tasks. It just works!

Cons

I do not like how we cannot prorate the move outs when sending resident invoices.

Response from ResMan

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Jillian! We take a listen-and-lead mentality here at ResMan and we only get better because of our customers. I will be sure to pass your review on to our support and product development team. Thanks Again, Aaron Trujillo, Sr. Digital Marketing Manager

Jessica from Stone Legacy Group LLC

Great Software for Multi-family Housing

The main benefit of Resman for me is running a large amount of Form Letters, emails, and texts. As the Assistant Property Manager of a large community of over 500 units, Resman makes my tasks of communicating with residents much easier and less time consuming. I have used several Property Management websites in my years of experience and Resman is definitely my favorite.

Pros

My favorite feature of Resman is the texting option and online payments. I can easily and quickly send out text alerts to all residents about emergencies, events, etc. With most residents they respond quickly to this feature as most people have a cell phone with them at all times. It has helped me as an Assistant Property Manager to have regular contact with my clients.

Cons

There is not anything I can think of that I am unhappy with at this time. Resman is very user friendly and also has training videos that you can watch if you need assistance.

Wendy from Triumph Equity

Basic Information

Is good overall. But really dislike certain ways for Move out reconciliation and Pre-closing ways.

Pros

I love the texting option, the Bulk Sending messages and e-mails.

Cons

It seems pretty easy but once you are doing pre-closing - or changing period "DATES" if not enter currently- makes it difficult without you knowing and you're trying to figure out reasons. Also, move out reconciliations when you print out a new one instead of searching through the dead files, it gives you the date as of the date you print it and it enters your name , even if its a Reconciliation from 2 years ago with another Manager. I really do not like this, it should have original Final Statement. Plus, let you reverse your mistakes so you can start over. Is like Resman makes you do what Resman thinks is best. So , it's a little annoying. ( I hope I made sense).

Ben from Worcester Communities

ResMan has a solid foundation with a great potential upside moving forward

Overall, ResMan has allowed us to empower our people to take a greater degree of ownership over the operation of our properties. Our initial implementation and transition to ResMan was much smoother than most software changeovers. It is for these reason that we are happy with our move to ResMan and would recommend it to other property management companies.

Pros

First and foremost, ResMan is designed with the property's site staff in mind. ResMan is intuitive and user-friendly. Onboarding our new team members is not nearly as difficult as before since the learning curve with ResMan is not nearly as dramatic as with other software systems.

Cons

It is frustrating to use a software that can feel like it is still in beta testing at times. I understand ResMan is growing and I appreciate ResMan's commitment to improvement and development. However, as the administrator of our account and liaison between operations, accounting, and our executive team, I feel the growing pains ResMan goes through much more acutely than the majority of users. It gets old to use the phrases, "Yeah, that's a known ResMan issue," or "Yes, we've already let ResMan know and they've escalated it to the development team."

Crystal from Scenic Property Group

5 year Resman user

Pros

The software is very user friendly. I love the cloud based software, and the ease of being able to access the software from a tablet and cell phone, with ease. I like that the software is able to merge with so many other sites that we use, although they can improve the ease of the integrations going both in and out of the software.

Cons

The customer support help desk is lacking training and professionalism. The level one support system has issues solving any customer support concerns, and refuse to pass it to someone more experienced to handle it. In addition, the way they treat the customers is typically rude, and unprofessional. The reports aren't completely up to par with other software competitors customizable views/preferences.

Jennifer from BSR REIT

User friendly

Pros

I like how user friendly it is. The processes were very intuitive. I enjoy the features of being able to view training videos inside of ResMan when someone needs to learn how to do a function.

Cons

No negative feedback. I love the product.

Customization

Joey from Grove at Northwest Hills

My review on Resman

We switched to Resman from Yardi. This was much easier to learn and use.

Pros

I like using Resman because I believe it is very user friendly and easy to learn. Unlike Yardi, I also like that I can text and email people from this software. I like that it is a one stop shop. I like how it is also linked to our other programs.

Cons

I can't think of any negative features to report at this time.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan Property Management

Our company chose to switch.

Esther from Allied Orion Group

Resman is AWESOME!!!

I love it!!!!!

Pros

I love how userfriendly the software is. Anyone can figure out how to use it without a training

Cons

I wish the texting system a bit more functional. We cannot receive anything other than texts. They should allow graphics and co :)

The simplicity

Richard from Titan SenQuest Management

Easy tracking for multiople locations

Overall experience has been great. Invoice processing, rent collections, reports. All work very well for me.

Pros

I like having the ability to drill down into P&L statements for a location, then being able to just change the parameter to select another location without having to open another P&L first. ResMan provides instant updates of changes made in accounting by a simple refresh. Also, each apartment can have individual amenities listed and easy to update market pricing.

Cons

I know it is a safety feature, but when I switch windows to check emails for 20 minutes or so, ResMan forces me to sign back in. As I said, I realize the need for that, but the question is what I liked least and that is the only thing I don't care for.

Mohsin from Karya Property Management

User Friendly with Variety of Features

Overall in a nut shell, the system is pretty awesome and is adequately equipped with all the necessary features like Accounting/Finance, Reporting requirements, Operations necessities and Administration & Management.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and offers a variety of features required to manage any property size efficiently and . The Dashboard is pretty awesome with respect to have features available right infront of you for rapid data analysis and quick decision making. Reports formats are easy to understand and filter options provide ease of use for any level. Right from Corporate to Property staff level, this gives convenience of use for everyone depending on the tasks and responsibilities. Permission Control with respect to roles and position is also very cool. Capability of going directly to the unit/apt from Reports is also great. Data integration and uploading is also remarkable.

Cons

Needs to have its own Screening software. Pay lease and Rent dynamics may be considered to be made direct part of ResMan main page.

Amy from Cyrus Property Management

ResMan is Awesome

On Facebook there is a group called Apartment Management and Maintenance Support Group. Every month there is someone asking which software package we recommend. I always throw out ResMan. It's inexpensive, but still a quality product. I've also recommended it to my personal HOA, where I sit on the board. I really believe in ResMan, its support, its reports, and the overall product.

Pros

I have used Yardi, Appfolio, Quickbooks and ResMan throughout my career. ResMan by far is the easiest to manipulate. It's a new product, and I like that the owners are willing to listen to suggestions and improvements. It has met my needs for everything property management has to offer.

Cons

Just small little items. For instance, on the lease expiration report, why would I ever want to mark former residents? It's set to default.

Kristen from Mesner Development Co.

Easy to use and great for affordable properties!

We are a small property management company, managing roughly 200 affordable units and 16 market rate units. We manage both multi-family and single-family homes. We went "live" with ResMan about two months ago and couldn't be happier. Before we had been using Quickbooks and spreadsheets, lots of spreadsheets, and it wasn't efficient for the size of our business or to be able to grow our business. With the majority of our units being affordable, tax-credit units we knew we needed a property management system we could rely on and that would allow for the specific reporting and tracking that comes along with managing tax-credit properties. ResMan has exceeded all of our expectations when it comes to the affordable side. The implementation process went as smooth as it could have gone. And now that we have been actively using ResMan for two months, we are so happy with our decision. ResMan has allowed us to focus on other tasks that come with running a property management company that had been ignored due to the time it use to take us to record everything and run all of our necessary reports.

Pros

We love all the different kinds of reports ResMan offers and the ability to click into the detail from the reports. It is also so easy to get around in ResMan and being able to use the search bar within ResMan. Wonderful for affordable/ tax-credit properties. Being able to chat/message with the support desk or have someone call you within hours and explain and walk-through fixing any issue has been so helpful.

Cons

When posting recurring charges, you have to post everyone with a recurring charge, there is no option to take anyone out.

JJ from RIVERWALK APARTMENTS

FINALLY, A SOFTWARE THAT ACTUALLY MEAN WHAT THEY SAY!

RESMAN IS REALLY, GOOD, OTHER THAN THE ALERTS FUNCTION, I DONT REALLY HAVE ANY ISSUES.

Pros

THE EASE OF IT, IT IS VERY USER FRIENDLY...IT HAS A REPORT FOR EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED & WANT.

Cons

I WISH THAT IT HAD A DAILEY ALERT REMINDER....LIKE ONESITE DOES.

CORP.