Hemlane Reviews

Our advisors have recommended this product 29 times in the last 30 days

Browse Hemlane Reviews

Jesus from RE/MAX Honolulu

Hemlane for Property Manager's

It is easy to use once it is set up the maintance department is superb and they are constantly taking care of the tenants

Pros

Easy to use. The office upgrades the software to make it easier for the user to work with

Cons

There are still things that I personally will like to change but I always talk to their office and they had made the change

Reasons for Choosing Hemlane

I spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and after talking to him and guiding me through the process I was sold

Reasons for Switching to Hemlane

The maintance department were not as effective as Hemlane

Raul from Living Properly Management

Hemlane saved my business!

I have been utilizing Hemlane for the past couple years and every time I have a question or concern they are always super responsive and help with any assistance I may need whether it be with tenants or Landlords. Exceptional service! Looking forward to continuing to do business with Hemlane and growing my Management company.

Pros

The most important feature that I love is "Transparency" , a platform that is designed to be clear with your landlords without any gimmick. The rent's being directed to their accounts at a push of a button is super helpful. The communication feature between the tenants is great! Simplicity is also key here with this platform.

Cons

To be picky I do think the platform is a little compartmentalized a little too much it makes it a little hard to navigate certain things. However, once you get the hang of it you know your way around. I would say the two things Hemlane can improve on is 1.) Guest Cards a little bit of a easier way to schedule a showing. The showing set up is kind of weird. I don't use it but would like it to be integrated with my calendar. 2.) The maintenance requests are a little hard to navigate such as recording payments and such. Just very minimal technical things. Hemlane is constantly improving their software though.

Reasons for Switching to Hemlane

Landlords have access to their rents instantly with Hemlane

Dillon from Eversole Investing LLC

Great Customer Service and Onboarding

I've had a great experience with Hemlane. Onboarding could not have gone smoother and the overall value of the software is there.

Pros

The services that it provides is definitely towards the upper end for property management software. The pricing is about middle of the road which makes the value for the price pretty high. The best part about the company has been [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I purchased a property with a tenant that had bad contact information listed. He helped give me resources to onboard the tenant and has made the software very easy to use.

Cons

The price could always be a little bit more affordable. Currently their largest option is $40/unit/month. Normally that would be very competitive but since I invest in lower income housing, it gets closer to the 8-10% that a normal property manager would charge.

Mark from Brighton Real Estate Advisors

Terrific tool, really enjoy how it's made my life easier!

Pros

It's pretty quick and easy to get right into it and start working. And, I have never experienced such incredible customer support with software - simply the best, and the standard by which all others should be judged.

Cons

There are a couple functionality elements that sometimes leaving me scratching my head. But once I get it, I'm good to go.

Hemlane initial review 6-15-2021

One of the best purchases I've ever made as a landlord and I will continue to this application.

Pros

An absolute amazing self management property software that saves both time and money when trying to fill qualified tenants into your properties. This software makes handle a property so much easier especially for landlords start out.

Cons

A few of the tenant processing features could be cleaned up and simplified. They are actively taking feedback and providing updates.

Reasons for Switching to Hemlane

I wanted an all-in-one solution that offered good screening at a cheaper cost.

Patsy from Above PAR Real Estate Services

Saved From Paying for Tutoring to Learn my Software

I am paying much less each month with Hemlane and enjoying the experience much more. I am still learning to use the system but I do not feel I need to pay a tutor to help me learn. It is much more user friendly, and the support I have received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], my primary contact, and other support members has relieved stress I was once feeling.

Pros

The support I have received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from day 1 has been phenomenal. I appreciate how I am always able to schedule a meeting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] within a day or two, if not the same day. I love that I can send her an email ( and receive a reply) when a question comes up for me, but an immediate answer is not required. She still gets back to me in a timely manner. I am still learning the software, but its much more user friendly, than my previous property management property.

Cons

I am not sure that the financials tracking aspects will prove to be what I would like to have overall. But I am sure I will be able to work around that if necessary with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] help.

Reasons for Switching to Hemlane

I felt I needed to bee an accountant in order to use it. Support started off okay but soon dwindled to almost nothing.

Ross from RJ Realty Management

Hemlane is Great

As a multi family residential property management company Hemlane was the best in terms of features, price and functionality. The software is very easy to use and customer support was really helpful with implementation. I highly recommend for anyone in need of automation!

Pros

Online payments and online maintenance features are essential.

Cons

I wish you could target specific sites when advertising listings. Right now the software mass advertises vacancies.

Reasons for Choosing Hemlane

Price, service. Breeze and the other products we investigated had too many features that we wouldn’t use or too little. We wanted a very straight forward software and Hemlane had it.

Response from Hemlane

Replied February 2021

Thanks Ross for your review and look forward to supporting you in 2021!

Jessica from LDMJ Corporation

Great value and customer support for small business owner

We did extensive research when choosing on online platform for the management of our properties. Hemlane was one of the only platforms that we felt truly protected on, as landlords who are conscious about legal concerns around allowing online payments. But we also greatly appreciate that the software is easy to use for our tenants, and so far, they really appreciate the functionality of it! It’s made communication and processes so much more seamless!

Pros

Being able to provide my tenants with a secure platform for online payments and communication has made our operations so much more seamless! The customer service has been exceptional, and there are so many other features we are still learning, ad have yet to implement. What a great value for our money as a small business!

Cons

The financial features are still basic, but I appreciate their compatibility with QuickBooks and other software.

Reasons for Choosing Hemlane

Hemlane protects Owner-Manager interests much better than the alternatives, by disallowing partial payments.

Response from Hemlane

Replied December 2019

Thanks Jessica! And, we look forward to improving the financials for you!

Ted from Self

Powerful and easy to use

Pros

I just switched over to Hemlane from AppFolio and what a difference. Even though AppFolio is the bigger company, it’s buggy, and complicated to use. Hemlane is a breath of fresh air and the user experience is much better. I’ve had several great experiences with the customer service team and they were always available to answer question a. Highly recommend and only wish I switched earlier.

Cons

Small feature requests and need to be a bit more clear when selecting options in settings.

Reasons for Switching to Hemlane

Wanted a better user and customer support experience

Response from Hemlane

Replied February 2021

Thanks Ted for the kind review, and we can't wait to get all of those UI/UX changes in for you!

Joe from Kauai Investments

Great Organizational tool and Timesaver

The lady that set me up, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is amazing. Very patient, knowledgeable, courteous and easily accessible as is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Tech Support.

Pros

It really helps me keep much better organized and save a lot of my time

Cons

It's a little complicated but Tech support is fantastic to get through those more complicated steps

Far better product for my Specific need for Property Management Software

Response from Hemlane

Replied November 2020

Thanks Joe for the review. And, we're coming out with some enhancements to the financials for you.

Lukas from LCCW Properties

Feedback from an engineer

Excellent. I'm glad we chose Hemlane. It is my secret tool that i don't think many landlords have heard about. The big names out there dominate the market, but we tried a few of them very systematically and i wasn't impressed with them at all. As an owner that wants to take 10 units now, to 100 someday, i put A LOT of time and effort into evaluating software to try and select which one was going to be the best for our goals, grow with us, and also help us grow.

Pros

This software was made to make your life as a landlord easier and streamline many of the steps and tasks necessary when it comes to managing tenants. I spent quite a few hours filling out a decision matrix to select which software platform we were going to use. Hemlane was the easy winner with the items which we weight heavily and features that we wanted. Most of our weights and preferences stem from wanting to have a very streamlined and efficient property management system.

Cons

I think that coming on board and understanding how the Hemlane process works from the time a prospective tenant is interested to the time they are all set up as a tenant was not very well communicated. We kind of had to figure it out on our own. There is so many little nuances with what the software does, how it communicates, how it advertises, what happens when a prospective tenant reaches out from a 3rd party site via email, etc. Thought the software is set up great and i wouldn't change much, but some training when purchasing the product for the first time would have eliminated a lot of headaches and questions for instances like were mentioned. Also, PLEEEEEAAAAASSSEEEE make an android app. The mobile version of the site does not seem to work well. Both myself and tenants have had problems with it.

Reasons for Choosing Hemlane

Our Absolute Requirements were as follows: 1. Online payment Capabilities both to and from tenants 2. Automatic Late Fees 3. A maintenance tracking and communication portal 4. Automatic lease tracking and renewal notifications Weights used to make are decision were as follows: 1. Cost (total cost per month, screening and background check cost, total setup cost) = 30% 2. Number and type of Advertising sites = 10% 3. Technical Support = 10% 4. Mobile app, Mobile friendly capabilities = 10% 5. Prospective Tenant, background and credit check structure/process - who streamlined is it? = 20% 6. Sheduling calendar for showings for prospective tenants and how it wors = 10% 7. Aesthetics/Layout/Ease of use = 10% Hemlane had the highest in many of these categories compared to the softwares which we investigated.

Reasons for Switching to Hemlane

The customer support was atrocious. We couldn't even get our bank account setup after six weeks. It was also more expensive, and the so called "accounting" features were utterly ridiculous. I was better off keeping spreadsheets.

Danny from Gillette Investments

Great product for partial self-management on remote properties.

I own 21 properties, 30 doors. We experimented with 2 properties in Florida (I live in Utah) and we were very impressed at how well it worked. We have recently moved 2 more remote properties from Illinois and 2 from Tennessee. We would move all our Florida properties over if Hemlane had a larger footprint in Florida. I also use their "simple" option for my local properties now which allows me to use there financial tools to collect rent and manage tenant needs w/o their local network of agents and full maintenance service. It is a good tool for those that want to reduce program management cost and be a little more involved with the program management itself w/o being overwhelmed.

Pros

- Allows me to cut property management costs significantly while still having 3rd party property management tools at my disposal. - Allows me the flexibility to choose how involved I want to be in the management process. - Provides excellent financial tools and workflows to collect rent, handle late fees and pay team professionals online. All of which is automated. - Fully handles maintenance requests from tenants where I have full visibility and can interact as needed. - Handles tenant emergency calls. - Provides a local network of quality leasing agents that I can work with on property turns. Has excellent advertisement workflows and capabilities. Just had my first turn under hemlane and it was excellent. - The dashboard view and financial ledger are real time and easier to understand then monthly text reports from full property managers. - Product keeps improving.

Cons

- Some tenants had issues setting up automatic payments early on. - Doesn't have a way to group properties.

Response from Hemlane

Replied May 2019

Thank you, Danny, for your review! We sincerely appreciate it and look forward to continuing to work with you and expand our local agent partnerships to more regions for you.

B.J. from B&R Holdings LLC

Hemlane review

What sticks out the most about Hemlane is the customer support. I've had a customer advocate from trial until after implementation. He's been a huge help, reliable and a valuable resource.

Pros

Hemlane is relatively intuitive, easy to use and has all the supported features I need out of property management software. The financials page gives a very good snapshot of all rent and payments outstanding. Invoicing tenants is also very easy to do.

Cons

Not sure if this is a function of the software, but it takes a minimum of three business days for rent monies to be deposited into my bank account. Do not like that delay.

Cost.

Reasons for Switching to Hemlane

VerticalRent went out of business.

Michael from Mike's Rentals

My Experience with Hemlane

I wanted to automate my rental management somewhat to improve efficiencies and have the ability to onboard clients easier, automate the application and marketing processes, as well as warehousing the information and documentation in the cloud for remote access. I accomplished all those goals. It's relatively easy to learn and has good functionality. Mu experience was very good.

Pros

Cost was fair, complexity was understandable and not overwhelming for my application, it provides the desired detail and organization to assist me in managing a small portfolio of personally owned rentals. I am not using all the features yet, but I particularly like the ability to market properties from the software. It compared well in terms of cost - benefit to other products on the market.

Cons

I would like the ability to customize expense categories further for the property cash flow component, but I'm still learning and have found suitable workarounds as my knowledge of the software improves. It would be helpful if expense categories matched those on a schedule E tax form. The online application information requirements (for applicant's) is a tad weak and abbreviated, more required detail here would be helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Hemlane

Cost, simplicity, applicability to my needs, very responsive customer support with direct line to assistance.

Ini from Coupa Software

I could not have kept costs down and realized additional revenue without Hemlane!

Pros

I've owned an investment property for a number of years but I recently sold it to get into a better market closer to my home. I decided to manage the property myself. There were a few tips I picked up over the years from PM companies, but it's nothing like managing it yourself. The support staff did a one-time introductory tour of the product and I was off and running. The product is amazing! I was able to create the listing easily and seamlessly. With an intuitive UI I was able to filter and managed interested candidates. Hemlane also set up the showing information, which was incredibly helpful. I don't want to understate this feature. Our property was incredibly popular and there is no way we could have handled this process if it was not for Hemlane.   Once candidates uploaded their information, we submitted it for credit checks and received the report back in 24 hours. Crafting the lease agreement was seamless as well. They easily signed it and now all the lease documents are in a central location that is easily accessible with the click of a button.  The ongoing management is automated. Tenants pay through the system and if a tenant is late, Hemlane sends automated reminders. Also tenants can communicate with you through the system, which keeps your relationships professional with high tough service. I could not have kept costs down and realized additional cash without Hemlane!

Debbie from Real Estate

Superior software and support at a very reasonable price

My initial communication with Hemlane was with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] a Hemlane support representative who instantly impressed me with his knowledge of the Hemlane software and property management in general. Not only was he extremely helpful in answering my questions, but he also took the initiative to input my property information in order to get me up and running as quickly as possible. He continued to follow up with me until all my questions were answered and I was able to navigate the platform on my own, which did not take long. He is a valuable asset to Hemlane and I very much enjoy working with him.

Pros

1. See pertinent information about properties/tenants at a glance 2. Keeps track of financials and maintenance in real time 3. Emails updates on financials and tenant communication 4. Assists with marketing of properties 5. Relatively easy to navigate 6. Support services are awesome! Both human and web-based.

Cons

1. Extra charge for marketing rentals to some popular websites

Reasons for Choosing Hemlane

I did compare several other programs that were geared towards smaller investors. I felt that Hemlane was the best value for the money and I have never looked back.

Reasons for Switching to Hemlane

I felt like a small number in Buildium's large customer base, and their minimum monthly fee was relatively high considering the number of units I own. Their customer base is geared towards large property management companies. They also do not assist with maintenance issues- Hemlane does.

Peyton from Piper Property Management

Hemlane Review

Overall, Hemlane has given tenants more options for paying rent, people are able to put down a security deposit from out of town (military typically), and people are seeing our advertisements from so many different platforms. It has also helped us keep track of rent better and has given us an easier way for tenants to put in workorders.

Pros

I really like the ability to put available apartments up on so many advertising plat forms with the ease of pushing the "advertise" button. We are able to easily get a large number eligible of applicants within a couple days, and usually the units are rented out within a week or so. I also love how easy it is to message all tenants in a mass message - or even just message one tenant really fast. This has been great with maintenance and workorders.

Cons

Some of the financial stuff was hard to figure out and can still be difficult. Reconciling the hemlane payments to the bank and into QuickBooks gets hard sometimes. It would be nice if there was a way it would all link so I wouldn't have to search each payment reference number.

Reasons for Choosing Hemlane

The other products were more expensive and hemlane seemed like the better, more affordable option.

Julian from Tropical Island Retreats, LTD

The Best Property Management Software For Real-Estate Investors and Entrepreneurs

Hemlane is a wonderful tech enabled property management solution for real-estate investors looking for a cloud based and client centric partner that allows them to streamline their operations, cut costs, and interface with tenants and vendors in a time efficient manner. Hemlane's software is intuitive and brings traditionally cumbersome and time consuming property management processes such as rent collection, vendor coordination and payment, and leasing in to a time efficient and seamless system enabled by a superior technology backed by a professional and responsive staff. Whether you are a small real-estate investor looking to self-manage passive income generating properties, or are a full time real-estate professional with an existing full service property management staff and large portfolio, Hemlane can help modernize and professionalize your property management processes.

Pros

Hemlane is intuitive, client centric, and I like that it is developed first for a cloud and mobile environment.

Cons

I only hope that Hemlane keeps adding features I reccommend--they have been very receptive to client feedback, and work to incorporate both design and functional changes as they make iterative improvements to their platform, and build out the technology's capabilities.

Steven from Metro Realty Services

Best decision I have made since starting my own property management company this year!

Pros

Hemlane is the best kept secret in the property management software industry! I started my own property management company this year, and was shocked by what the larger property management software companies were asking on a monthly basis. Most of them stopped talking to me because I didn't have 500 properties on my hands. Hemlane allows me to set my own showing schedule, confirms showings automatically so I'm not wasting my valuable time, produces a totally seamless online application in screening process, allows me to simply transfer applicants into tenants with the push of a button, I can send and receive funds electronically from landlords / tenants / vendors without surcharges, and much more. Any other issues I've had with setting up my company through Hemlane has been resolved by rep within a matter of minutes. I could not recommend this company enough, especially if you're thinking about starting your own property management company.**** I have worked for large property management companies in the past that used some of the big-name software companies, and I know that the value cannot be beat****

Cons

I wish that the 1099 feature came standard with the service. I have not had the software for more than a year, so in all fairness, I am assuming that all of my financial transactions on Hemlane will easily transfer to QuickBooks. I have not been disappointed By REP and her team yet!

Jenny from Real Estate

I like Hemlane

It's been a good experience overall.

Pros

The main features I use are the rent payment options and maintenance requests. I have really only used it for rent payments/income and electronic payment management, plus maintenance requests. It's helped me keep track of rent payments, it's also been greatly accepted by the tenants who really prefer to set up automatic electronic payments for their rent. It's also nice to have tenants contact me via Hemlane.com for maintenance/repair issues. It's much easier to track items that need addressing and it's less stressful to be contacted in that way.

Cons

I don't have any major complaints currently, definitely happy with it overall.

Reasons for Choosing Hemlane

The other products I was looking at had a higher minimum number of units (different payment structure too). The others were also built/focused on much larger property management operations.

Cindy from Self Employed

Hemlane experience

Good. Hemlane has satisfied the following needs I want in my day to day operating business as a property manager - marketing, leasing, rent collection and maintenance request

Pros

Software is available on both desktop and mobile devices with same functionality. Ease of usage and good value for the top priority functionalities that I need the most using a property management software for small size property owners. This includes marketing, leasing, rent collection and maintenance request management. I have not fully experienced the leasing interfacing aspect with clients so I am looking to explore the leasing capability.

Cons

When an operation fails to perform, it simply prompt an error message. I would like the software provides more assistance to user by giving them more information what triggers the error message and how one can fix it themselves. I have been reaching out to support for assistance each time this takes places. I am amazed the responsiveness I received from support team so far. But I can foresee this support model will not last as more users using the software. Sometimes, it can be due to lag time for the information to commit at the backend database that triggered the operation error. The reason why I said that is I received response from support team letting me know they are not sure why I will receive an error but they were able to complete the operation without the error.

A huge step forward for managing rental properties

I've owned and managed a group of five out-of-state rental properties for over 10 years. In that time, I've used a variety of systems and professional management companies in my effort to streamline operations. I switched to Hemlane a couple years ago, and these last two years have been, by far, the smoothest -- both operationally and financially. The combination of well-designed software with the on-the-ground Hemlane maintenance team is exactly what I needed. I'm able to configure everything the way I need it. The value of the service is excellent.

Pros

This is almost exactly the software and system I would design for my own needs. It's very easy to get going, but it's also highly configurable. The support team is excellent.

Cons

Aside from a few UI tweaks I'd like to see, it would be great to have the accounting side of things integrate directly with my bank, such that Hemlane can double as my accounting solution. Apparently, this is in the works!

Taylor from Collins and Associates/Red Door Properties

Could Not Be Happier!

Being completely new to the real estate / property management world, I had lots of questions...but because of how easy Hemlane is to navigate, it has really helped me learn everything I need to know! In addition to making things more streamlined for

Pros

Ease of use, customer support team, organization of software

Cons

No major issues! Just a few hiccups as this is a relatively new system...specifically with work orders, since we pay them on the same date every month, it is difficult to see at a glance which orders have been completed. It would be nice to have some kind of visible notification on each work order to show new messages, invoices added, date completed, etc. Overall, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been more than helpful with any questions!

Reasons for Switching to Hemlane

Financially this system made much more sense! And for the direct customer support we get, we wouldn't change a thing!

Response from Hemlane

Replied September 2020

Thanks, Taylor. We enjoyed helping you set up split rent payments and other features over the past weeks.

Lev from Mills Elite Homes

I love Hemlane

Pros

I like how I can handle every aspect of my property management business within Hemlane. From marketing and showing my listings, to applications, to collecting deposits and rent, to handling maintenance requests, Hemlane seamlessly manages all of these tasks and more.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. I wish I knew about Hemlane when I first got started in property management.

Reasons for Switching to Hemlane

Hemlane is easier to use for me.

Mike from Mike Z Rentals

User friendly and highly efficient

Hemlane is so user friendly it significantly cuts down on the time I used to spend and now I can spend more time growing the business.

Pros

I love how simple it is to use. Our tenants and owners love it as well. Excellent software!

Cons

The only con was during the transition, getting all our owners onboard. Some of them are not techy and resisted change. However, Hemlane support was tremendously helpful and make the process much better.

Reasons for Switching to Hemlane

We transitioned from a "Big Box" software company that had every feature you could imagine, but the problem was it was so complex to use that it was useless.

Response from Hemlane

Replied November 2019

Thanks Mike for your review and the Hemlane team looks forward to providing support to you and your rentals!

Peter from Sophisticated Properties

Leasing Specialty

Excellent, the customer service has been outstanding. Also the ease of operation is great. A software these days shouldn't take weeks to master, and Hemlane is very easy to use and I feel I understand how to do things without calling or needing outside help.

Pros

The ease of use, the functions are all really easy and user friendly.

Cons

The time it takes for payments to go through. Electronically should be faster than a check. If the tenants deposit a check it will take maximum7 days to fully clear their bank. If their hemlane electronic first payment takes up to 10 days to verify it is a deterrent for them to sign up for the maintenance program.

Response from Hemlane

Replied May 2019

Thank you Peter for your kind review! We sincerely appreciate you taking time to write about our services. We enjoy working with you and look forward to continuing to enhance our features for you (especially the faster payout for rent)!

Andrew from NavigatorSRVS

Makes my life much easier

Mostly excellent! Their team is very responsive and supportive of any issues. They want YOU to succeed. They even helped me see that one of my units was underpriced and I ended up renting it out for $100/month more.

Pros

Hemlane makes it really easy for me to manage, collect and refund payments for tenants. I've been very pleased with that functionality and also the marketing automation. E.g. when you post a listing for a unit, it will automatically get posted on all the major sites where renters are looking. Then once people inquire, there is an automated e-mail response that encourages prospective tenants to fill out an application or reach out to the property contact with questions. I find this a very efficient way to manage dozens of inquiries when I post an availability and screen tenants efficiently. The application allows you to easily collect all the information for screening tenants in one place.

Cons

The user interface could use improvement. I had to reach out to support with questions a few times to learn how it works. It's not as intuitive as it could be which has created more of a learning curve than I would have liked. Processing online payments takes longer than I'd like (3-4 days)- though honestly this is probably more the fault of the ACH Network rather than anything Hemlane has control over.

Response from Hemlane

Replied October 2018

Thanks Andrew for your review! We look forward to continuing to make the user experience the best in the industry! And we are happy to hear about the increased revenue with your rentals.

Jennette from Jenne's Rentals LLC

Organized at last

Customer service has been my favorite part of this experience, followed closely by the hours of time saved managing my 40+ college student tenants.

Pros

It automates many of the tasks that used to take me hours to complete. It organizes and tracks payments so I don't need to go looking for records.

Cons

A little expensive. Wish there was a way to sort the full list of tenants by alphabet order, or by unit, or by move-out date. A calendaring option would also be great, for scheduling cleaning checks, maintenance, trash days, etc that both landlord and tenant can view.

Reasons for Choosing Hemlane

Customer service, customizable payment requests

Miguel from Miguel Portales - Broker

Very easy to use

Overall my experience has been great! Tech support is excellent and response time is within 12hrs.

Pros

- Easy to use. - Applicant screening reports back on the same day. - Tech support always responds within 12hrs. - Different pricing options depending on the features I need to run my business. - Easy way to copy html code to paste on craigslist ad.

Cons

- Would be helpful to convert rent rolls and income & expense statements to PDF document for easy print or sending to landlords. - In the application page would be good to include a field asking applicants to submit copy of photo ID.

Price

Taniza from Secure Haven LLC

Great Experience!

I am very satisfied with my experience and will recommend it to any newbie because of its ease of use .

Pros

Having the same platform to advertise the property, communicate with tenants , have their screening done, use online payment method ,and above all keep online ledger helped me manage my properties myself single handedly. I have not used any other soft ware before (And not anyway Tech Savvy) but I can not overemphasize the helpful customer service that I got when I was in free trial period. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], helped me familiarize first with the software through ZOOM meetings ,but even after the trial period was over he responded through calls / emailed with quick solution when problem arose. problems were mostly at my end not able to understand the functionality. I think It took me a two weekend to learn the software .Tenants love the online bank to bank transfer feature and ability to send message directly to owner.

Cons

I still have minor problem with the financial and ledger keeping tab.

Tony from Religious Institutions

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Easy and simple Process

Pros

I like that I can receive payments from my tenants and not be charged transaction fees. I also can keep up with my leases in one spot I can access all tenants profile.

Cons

Some times I get lost going from one tab to another . My rep is always there to help.

Reasons for Choosing Hemlane

The option to collect rent without transaction fees

Reasons for Switching to Hemlane

Hemlane is real estate specific and has more options to help manage properties. It saves alot of time.

Joel from Hyland Software

Automate Your Property Management Business

The overall ease of use is exceptional. I love the ability to automatically inform my tenants of payment and assess late fees if needed. Having the ability to store my lease and walk through documents in a single place is fantastic. It has been great when I managed my properties by myself and has allowed me to scale up with a team seamlessly.

Pros

Hemlane makes property management easy. I never need to follow up with my tenants about payment. It also makes it easy to schedule showings by sending the photos and other marketing material to 40+ sites for advertising.

Cons

I really have no complaints. If I HAD to say something that I like least I would say that it takes some getting used to to understand where things are (navigating the interface).

Brian from Griffin Investments

Best Value and Easy to Use

They are very responsive. The agent I used to get the account was awesome and easy to work with.

Pros

I like that it's automated. My tenants use it with ease and I can see where the money is at. It links directly with my bank accounts and keeps the books for me. It's as close to having a book keeper that I've ever had.

Cons

The interest in showing screen, I have to create a showing first and then I can invite them, not just invite them to the showing.

Reasons for Choosing Hemlane

Price and ease and the people who helped me get it set up.

Response from Hemlane

Replied March 2020

Thanks, Brian, for your kind review! And we have some new enhancements with showings. I think you will enjoy them (you can automatically invite a tenant to a showing now)!

Andria from Keller Williams Realty NoCO

Great opportunity for Investors to save $$ and Realtors to gain new business

Small business with a large reach! The staff is second to none and I never have trouble accessing a professional from their team when needed. My clients have been really impressed with the caliber of contract help that Hemlane coordinates from showing agents like me to maintenance and repair folks.

Pros

Software is constantly being improved with new and updated offerings. It's a simple forum in which rents can be received, maintenance requests can be made, and comprehensive marketing can be executed with syndication to all of the hottest rental sites!

Cons

There is nothing I DON'T like about the software, though I would love to have the availability of personally branded pages for real estate agents to send to referral clients.

Mackenzie from The Associates

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with Hemlane is a Rockstar!!!!

Love! Love! Love! If I can give 100 stars I would. Communication and trust is crucial in my line of work and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has made this process sooooo easy. He answers all my questions in a timely manner and is confident which makes me feel good. Makes me feel like I am in good hands. So far he has not disappointed.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the primary reason why we chose the software. He has been amazing

Cons

There is nothing about the site that we do not like we love it all

Reasons for Switching to Hemlane

Customer service was awful and the software is not user friendly

Margaux from Park Realty

So efficient!

Hemlane is a great tool to automate property management. Very user friendly and easy to learn!

Pros

Hemlane has helped me streamline renting, turnovers and rent collection. My tenants love the simplicity and ability to automate rent payments.

Cons

Would love a mobile app! Still able to use Hemlane through mobile browser but an app would be great!

Cost effective, user friendly

Response from Hemlane

Replied October 2020

Thanks, Margaux, for the review! And yes, we have a plan to build an app to make it an even better mobile experience. Look forward to continuing to help you with your management!

Patrick from Adams

Great system

support and help implementing from Chanelle was unprecedented - I used to support software installations an I hope we were that good (we charged WAY MORE MONEY).

Pros

It does it all! Marketing is amazing not a benefit I expected. Write the ad - upload pics and it goes out to bazillion websites and the inquires start flowing instantly. Handles EVERYTHING for property management - contracts - deadlines - tenant applications - credit checks - emails are all in the system so I don't search through emails - all communications with tenants and prospective tenants are in there - collects rent through portal - no collecting checks - tracks what is due and who paid for did not paid - tracks when lease is expiring - tracks work orders - I'm not sure what else it could do. It's amazing.

Cons

I might be able to remember 1-2 tiny things that I needed but almost perfect for me.

FEATURES

Response from Hemlane

Replied October 2019

Thanks Patrick for your review! We look forward to continuing to work with you and adding new features.

Hyunyoung from Kensho

Highly recommend it

I moved for my job and left my property to OneRent for rental income. And then I had to fire them because of their poor performance and lack of communication. The transition was challenging not only because I was away, but also because OneRent won't cooperate. the founder was very patient & professional to handle all the issues and bring everything back into normal. While I was struggling with OneRent, I missed the chance to rent out my place, but she was able to find a good tenant after 3 showings. There are a bit of work involved - filling a few forms and so on. But these are the things that any landlord would like to be involved or at least wants to know. There is absolute transparency in the process and the fee is substantially low. Most of all, Dana is very knowledgeable and fantastic at handling the issues. One more thing - not sure if OneRent was trying to rip me off or if the price with Hemlane experts are reasonable. In any case, I got two quotes from these two property managers for the same job and Hemlane's quote is 40% lower than OneRent. In all, I highly recommend hiring Hemlane - it is good to know what's going on and my property manager has my back.

Pros

Transparency on the rental business and good communication channel with my tenants & property manager.

Cons

Need some work to complete the work - not exactly full service, but it is good that I could have a control.

Doug from Victoria Apartments

Best business decision of 2020!

I’m staring a my computer a bit more these days, but that’s a good thing. It keeps me focused on the business in a concise way. As long as they keep improving and innovating (add a newsletter feature, add the ability to send images to tenants, etc) without raising prices, I’ll eagerly be a LONG term customer.

Pros

I love the automated rent collection. It really takes away all the hassles time normally spent on reconciling accounts. That’s my favorite feature. But I also love the msintanence portal, the marketing, and the ability to blanket message LARGE groups of tenants at one time... either for outages, Maint notices, parties or just a sweet holiday greeting.

Cons

On-boarding existing tenants. This is monotonous and time consuming. But it’s a one-time hardship, and after that you’re essentially all set up with smooth sailing ahead. Occasionally there is a weird anomaly, but tech support is always right on it. In my experience, zero down time. I’m really loving it.

Danny from Maximum Development

A must for landlords

I was able to fire an underperforming property manager, take the 10% of gross rents (plus random fees they came up with) and invest in Hemlane for a fraction of the cost and way better platform features. My property is 115 miles away and my biggest concern was collecting rents and communication with tenants. Hemlane eliminated that issue for me and made everything more streamlined and passive, which is what us landlords want from our investment properties.

Pros

Ease of use for the owner and tenant. Communication flow and accounting all in one spot with quick turn around between tenants paying rent online and the rents being deposited in the bank account. Tech support for both the landlord and tenant is outstanding.

Cons

Nothing has been an issue so far. Even in the short time I’ve been using Hemlane, the platform is evolving better ways to streamline landlord-tenant communication via text etc.

Response from Hemlane

Replied March 2020

Thanks Danny for your kind review! We look forward to providing you with additional services and features, while you're 115 miles away from your investment!

Paul from Hymco Ventures, LLC

Low cost property management software

Using this software allows me to manage three times the amount of properties with the same personnel. I think it is mainly designed for apartment complexes, but I rent single family residents and it works great.

Pros

Allows me to manage more properties with less people

Cons

Took a while to track the revenue plug in. They need to pass cc fees on to tenant

Response from Hemlane

Replied February 2019

Thanks Paul for your review! We will adding the option for tenants to pay credit card fees this year. Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to having you on Hemlane.

Great Product That is Constantly Being Updated

Hemlane has begun to drastically change the way we operate our business. It is great to be able to keep all lease documents, maintenance requests, payment information/history, etc. all in one place. The site is easy to navigate, has a pleasing user interface, and its feature set always seems to be improving.

Pros

Customer Service has been great about getting back to me quickly with answers to my questions and listens to my feedback about how current features could be improved and about new features that would benefit my business.

Cons

Some useful features have not been released yet.

Response from Hemlane

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the review! And, we can't wait to get more great features out for you.

Vandessa from Vandessa And Associates LLC

User Friendly Software

Pros

I love that the software is a complete one stop shop for property managers and residents. You can market your properties and manage your complete portfolio . From screening applicants to accepting monthly rent payments and service request.

Cons

Nothing at this time. So far there is no cons.

Response from Hemlane

Replied January 2020

Thanks Vandessa for your kind review. We look forward to helping you with your management!

Shaun from Mike Z Rentals LLC

Hemlame is a Great Software Partner Who Has Helped Our Business Grow

We are a full sales, leasing and property management team. We use Hemlane to market our listings and to manage our tenants and owners

Pros

Its intuitive, easy to learn and there is great support.

Cons

That we only found it recently, we wish we have been using it for years!

Response from Hemlane

Replied November 2019

Thanks Shaun for your review, and our team looks forward to supporting you and your business!

Best property management for the price!

Pros

-Dashboard gives a great overview -Email communication keeps me up to date -Consolidates vital info in easy to see landing page -Easy ACH for tenants plus they love that it is free for them -Easy management of work orders -Easy marketing functions

Cons

-Unable to pull reports on different payment types each month (off line, ACH etc...) -Offline payment function needs simplification -Does not allocate late offline payments at a single point of payment screen -Groups payments by number of "late payments" and not property or renter -Requires other service (zInspector or others) for move-in and move-out inspections -Does not allow for mapping of work orders to service provider

Response from Hemlane

Replied December 2017

Thank you for your review on Hemlane! Work order mapping will be coming as new features in January 2018. We look forward to supporting your management.

Karen from Health Care

Hemlane provides excellent affordable property management solutions to real estate owner.

Pros

The prompt customer support and flexibility are wonderful. As owner you could get involved as much as you like or you could step back and rely on the great support you receive from Hemlane to take care of your real estate management needs. With the easy access online tools you could manage your property thousands miles away and not worry about hiring expensive local property management firm who charges way more. Also included in the package you get help from its online legal partner who is great for answering questions and preparing legal document. It is a one stop shop that meet my property management needs.

Cons

The software is constantly adding more features and it will provide more benefits for the users. Looking forward to more offering.

Hemlane

I have been using Hemlane a little over a year now for a condo rental property and I am very satisfied and pleased with the service and tools they provide. When I need help, I get prompt feedback and support. The online tool is great to have one place to go to manage and see the status on my rental properties, communicate with the tenants and see any open issues. I think Hemlane is a great value for the money. Hemlane is geared towards those landlords that want to stay a little bit involved with the management activities, rather than have someone do 100% and not be involved or bothered at all. But, their tool and service make it easier to do. And the fee structure is more based upon paying for the service you use, as opposed to flat monthly %'s of the rent. Overall, I am very pleased with Hemlane and would highly recommend them.

Pros

Cons

I know I can get a summary, but maybe a more detailed itemization of annual expenses for tax purposes would be good.

Piyush from Self-employed

Managing payments and property is so easy now

Hemlane has made my job easier and quicker. The fee charged by Hemlane is really nominal and I have blessed by the client by going onto this software.

Pros

I get everything from this. I have been managing my clients house in Georgia since more that 6 months now and I have been like 100% satisfied with the ease of it. I have had issues with payments but the customer care was so good that it got resolved smoothly. Sending notices, getting lease documents recorded and everything else has been extremely easy

Cons

So far so good. Nothing that I have liked less about this.

Response from Hemlane

Replied April 2019

Thanks, Piyush, for your kind review on Hemlane! We are so glad that you and your clients are happy with our services. If you need anything from us, then don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here to make your rentals a success!

Michael from US Navy

Hemlane Enthusiast

I have 7 doors in 2 states, one door with Hemlane and 6 with a private management company. Considering what a management company does and charges, Hemlane is a steal! With Hemlane's Complete Package, I'm strongly considering taking all of my units to Hemlane.

Pros

Financials (scheduling rent, utilities, etc.) Messaging my tenant Electronic document filing

Cons

I had some issues with deleting an old bank account. Hard to say if this wasn't my own fault, though.

Response from Hemlane

Replied December 2020

Thanks Michael for your kind review! And, we look forward to supporting you with the Complete package if you're considering that for the other properties!

Eric from Bauhaus Group

Very Convinient

I am very happy with this product. Very easy to adopt and makes payments convenient and easy. Makes repairs and Maintenance easy too

Pros

Very user friendly, both to our tenants and for us as property managers

Cons

The robustness is not quite there for prospective tenants and financials

Response from Hemlane

Replied May 2019

Thank you, Eric, for your review! We really look forward to improving both Financials and Prospective Tenants for you.