Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "App and desktop application are very easy to use "

• "Ease of use Ability to access from phone or computer Reports "

• "Clear records of my property and all info related. Stay on top of payments. "

• "I love the simplicity of the app and how you can have access to all the important information with just a few clicks. "

• Cons

• "No option to print reciepts you have to emial it then print it "

• "None I can think of. Dashboard could have a few more features "

• "Sometimes challenging to make changes on current lease and bills due"

• "I would love to have a live support line phone number"

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 32 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Ryan from Self Employed RE Investor

Excellent Property Management Software

My overall experience with the software and the customer support/development team has been amazing. This software has truly changed how I manage my real estate rental property business and streamlined how I manage and maintain the data in real time. As a result, my tax preparation work and time put in to prepare my taxes has decreased dramatically!

Pros

The software is simple to use, easy to access on multiple platforms, and provides real time data entry and review of property status that can take place from anywhere. This software allows me to track all of my properties in one place with a simple visual interface that allows me to see tenant/lease status and information, property details and notes, and income/expense data right at my fingertips. Lastly, the reporting functions are a huge feature as it makes tax time much faster and seamless as I fill out Schedule E's for each property accordingly. I can now literally push a button and generate the report!

Cons

There is really not much that I don't like about this software, but if I had to pick my least favorite it would probably be a limitation on the number of reminders that can be set and/or a few extra fields that would be nice to have on some data entry screens. That said, I've notified the developers of these items and they are working on adding all of these additions and features. Their response time and integration of requested features has been second to none. They are great to work with!

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied March 2019

Thanks Ryan for all your support over the years!

Jason from Alfco, LLC

Perfect for a growing rental business

Fantastic! Awesome support and I consider this tool one of the reasons we have been able to grow. It helps us to make better decisions.

Pros

We started using Landlord Studio about 2 years ago, before that, it was the old-fashioned spreadsheets. We really like the reporting aspects of Landlord Studio - it automates things that used to take me minutes (and sometimes hours) to complete.

Cons

Probably not fair to call this the least favorite about Landlord Studio - it’s my least favorite about accounting in general. We have grown over the years and different property managers have different account codes. You need to be very disciplined when coding expenses in order to make sure everything balances correctly. The recurring expense tries to help...but on things such as utilities the amount changes. Overall, easy to use software, just make sure you give some thought to your categories early on!

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied March 2019

Thanks Jason :)

Dale from Real Estate

Good website, great app

LS has made managing the 20 units a snap. It would be a gargantuan hassle without it.

Pros

I like LS because all my data is in one place. I can add scanned documents and receipts if needed. The managing of the 20 units I take care of is pretty easy and straight forward. The reports are great. My CPA for our units says it makes her job easy come tax time. There are more reports available on the app for some reason. You just need to know what report you want. It's better to use the app overall.

Cons

Not much. I wish there was a way to add rents for multiple units all at one time.

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied April 2019

Thanks Dale, great you have you as a customer!

Greatest thing some sliced bread

Tax documents are very important in real estate and the fact that I can manage income and expenses within one app gives me the piece of mind.

Pros

Before this app, I had used multiple excel sheets. I'd loose track of where I left off, update one and not the other...it was just a mess. The free trial is what made me try it and of course I was skeptical. But I QUICKLY subscribed at the end on my trail and havent looked back since.

Cons

Its truly hard to come up with something I like least about this product. But to be fair, I dislike the group emailing function (when more then one tenant is included on the email), the formula doesn't populate their names. But that's very minor.

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied February 2019

Hello, Thank you for your kind feedback, much appreciated! The group email should be populating names for rent receipts etc, we are expanding this for the expenses receipts soon :)

EGMIDIO from EZ Homes

Super Easy

I would give this program a 5 star even though I do have that one issue. Simply because it’s a very convenient program, easy to use, and has just about everything you need to keep track of one or multiple properties. Not to mention the customer service is great. They respond really quickly to inquires I send them via email. Often times in less than 6 hours.

Pros

I love the ease of use on both the desktop and mobile version. As most people are on the go, the mobile version makes it very easy to access your properties, note payments/expenses, add docs, etc.... Looking at the home page, it’s very easy to get a feel for what’s going on with your property like balances, overdue rents, expense.

Cons

The only thing that is even just slightly inconvenient is the fact that anytime I make a payment to a vendor, I have to input all info related to vendor. I’ve worked with other software in the past where you would be able to simply click on the vendor via drop down menu and the system automatically fills in vendor info including type of service (ie: legal, utilities, maintenance, etc...).

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the review! We will be looking into adding a dropdown as you mentioned.

Landlord Studio is GREAT

This app has kept me in touch with all of my properties clients not running late on insurance certificates changing filters in AC and heating units and much much more

Pros

It keeps all of my properties up to date once you fill in the information it is very simple to operate and I can use it on multiple devices really don’t know how I would do it without this app

Cons

I liked it all. I really can’t say that I didn’t like anything about it

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied January 2019

Thank you very much for your support!

Jason from Exzance Properties LLC

Landlord Studio App for Rental Properties

Customer support is great (the few times I've need them). The app and website are very user friendly and the reports are great.

Pros

It's very easy to use has the basic functionality needed to manage my properties and general biz expenses and it is low cost.

Cons

It would be great to track other business income from other lines of business (general contracting, etc), however, I do understand at some point that could take LLS away from it's business model and make it more like quickbooks or something similar.

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied February 2019

Thanks Jason! We are looking at allowing other income into the organisation field in a future release.

Jason from Jason Joukhador

Great Product and Better Service

Pros

Has all the features I would want. Even more impressive is they have a very engaging development team who are open, responsive and supportive to enhancements if you feel there are improvements that can be made.

Cons

Nothing really, have no issues. In early days needed more functionality which has now all caught up and keep improving!

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied February 2019

Thank you Jason!

Ted from BWM Properties LLC

What a great APP

Love the product. We use this in place of Quickbooks, it is much easier and is taylor made for rental properties. Keep up the good work.

Pros

Saves me a ton of time and has me much more organized.

Cons

I wish there was a place for a check number.

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied February 2019

Thanks Ted! Will look into having a check number field.

Jessi from Lighthouse Media Group

A Must Have for Property Owners

Before Landlord Studio, I was writing receipts manually and keeping my documents separately. I now have a dashboard where my receipts, contact information and documents are all in one place. I can have notes on my tenants to remind me of certain things. Basically, everything I need to run my rental business is in one place.

Pros

The best part is that its cross platform. I can access it from my ipad, my iphone and my computer. So no matter what I have on hand, I can always access my information. Plus, no matter my issue, support always responds and that is great.

Cons

I had some trouble at the beginning getting the software to fit my needs. However, support quickly turned that around. So it took a bit longer to get up and running but thats not really a problem!

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied February 2019

Thanks for being a valued customer Jessi :)

Scott from Wasatch Holdings LLC

Great product - Unbelievable customer support!

Pros

This software is very intuitive and easy to use, yet still has powerful features to help landlord's keep up with their books on their rental properties. The customer service is excellent and they are very responsive to the needs of the customer.

Cons

I wish there was a way that the properties list could be alphabetized so that I can more quickly scan thru the properties while entering rents and expenses. It takes a lot of time to have to scan all the properties looking for the one unit you need to enter an item to sometimes.

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied March 2019

Thanks Scott, we've just added a new search filter onto the website. We also will have the alphabetical sort as a setting soon :)

Great App!

Seamless and simple to use

Pros

Easy to use and great customer service . They Answer my questions expeditiously

Cons

None I can think of. Dashboard could have a few more features

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your review! Great minds think alike - we are currently redesigning the whole dashboard to be even more useful.

Donna from CNI (Com Net, Inc.)

Managing Small Rentals

This is great tool and makes managaing rentals easier. I like that there is a mobile and web interface. The customer support it superior and quick with responses. Customer service is always friendly and open to suggestions for improvements.

Pros

This software is user friendly. It only takes a few minutes to setup and you are ready to go. It is cheap and comes packed with a lot of great options and reports.

Cons

I would like a way to add expense receipts to individual lease agreements. I would also like expenses to be able to be seems as a lump of all the expenses for a particular year and property. This may be possible but I have not located how to do it yet.

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied February 2019

Thanks Donna! Nice chatting with you via our support channels. You should be able to run a categories report for a property within a set year, a feature we are working on is also filtering the expenses directly in the property dashboard too.

Mark from Personal

Great App!!

Love it!!

Pros

I’ve been using Landlord Studio for over a year now. After trying others, this is definitely the best one out there. It’s extremely easy use! It keeps a record of your lease agreement, allows you to easily track and record your rental income, and keep a digital copy of all your receipts. You can also email or text a payment receipt and print a Profit & Loss statement for taxes. It’s the only app I’m aware of that lets you track bi-weekly rent payments, as well as monthly. You can also keep track of multiple rental units.

Cons

There are a couple of places to record expenses. Initially, I recorded them in the wrong spot and had to re-enter them in the correct spot to appear under the specific property. Also, it was initially free, then they started to charge a fee. I think it’s definitely worth the price.

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your kind review Mark, we have a 30 day free trial for everyone and then it is a paid subscription.

Eddie from Trinity Property Management Services LLC

This is the perfect app for Landlords

I want to sincerely thank you for developing this product. Landlord studio has allowed me to consolidate all of my previous apps and storage folders into a one stop shop. I am able to focus more on running my businesses as opposed to doing the admin work. Furthermore the recent additions such as tenant search and business valuation has been a nice addition!

Pros

Consolidated rental income and expenses into one location as well as enabling the ease of managing tenants and suppliers.

Cons

It would be great if software exported to TurboTax

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied February 2019

Thanks Eddie, more features coming!

Benjamin from One4all enterp

Best mobile and pc program

Only 2 words ( great product) best Multi use landlord program, easy to use,helpful staff

Pros

Easy to use, more than 1 platform, mobile phone ,tablet and pc user frendly.Program is cloud based,so you can pull up updated info from all devices.Very reasonable price for such a great product.

Cons

I would love to have a live support line phone number

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied February 2019

Thanks so much Ben! We have added in Live Chat onto our website and we hope to have phone number support in the future :)

Alex from Flexsecure Enterprises Inc

Very satisfied

Has help me manage in a more profecional way the rental units I manage

Pros

App and desktop application are very easy to use

Cons

No option to print reciepts you have to emial it then print it

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied February 2019

Thank you for being a long time user Alex. Much appreciated.

Ceasar from Self employed

Landlordstudio review

I'm pleased with the software. Does most of what I need for a good price. The ability to send and receive fillable documents/forms such as leases and applications via text would be fantastic.

Pros

Tracking and report capabilities and app.

Cons

Recording payments received has to be done according to strict software protocols or else things don't seem to be logged correctly

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied January 2019

Thanks Ceasar for your honest review, much appreciated. We are going to do something around recording payments to make it much easier and best of all - automated! E-signing of leases is something else on our roadmap as well!

James from JEH3 Inc.

Best application for small landlords

I really like the software. Keeps adding features.

Pros

I love that this software is affordable while having a lot of features to help me manage my three properties. I felt it’s the best option for the small landlords that only need to manage a handfull of properties. Some of the other software is either too bloated or too expensive to justify the cost. I self manage my properties with ease since I can manage through desktop or the mobile application.

Cons

I wish it had integrated lease management. Currently, I can only upload leases manually, it would be nice to manage that process inside that application.

Response from Landlord Studio of

Replied April 2019

Hey James, e-signing of leases is something we are looking at in the longer term :)

Dan from H&M