• Pros

• "Easy to use and great customer service . They Answer my questions expeditiously "

• "Both the app and website are exceptionally easy to use to sync perfectly. "

• "very easy to use, love that you can print out reports ..LOVE the layout easy on the eyes and to keep organized also tha fact you can send a receipt to tenant just one click :)"

• Cons

• "Occasionally some bugs pop up, but the technical support team is very quick to respond and very quick to resolve the issues."

• "I love how late fees are applied by the app (if you chose to have it), but the when late fees are added, the account activity for the individual rental unit becomes confusing. "

• "I had some trouble at the beginning getting the software to fit my needs. However, support quickly turned that around. So it took a bit longer to get up and running but thats not really a problem!"

Browse Landlord Studio Reviews

Dennis from airlines

Industry: Investment Management

Excellent for investment property management

Very happy with Landlord Studio and the team. They are very responsive and always seem open to suggestions/ready to help.

Pros

Both the app and website are exceptionally easy to use to sync perfectly.

Cons

Nothing. Anything that was an issue was resolved.

Reasons for Choosing Landlord Studio

Very easy to use, free trial period to try before you buy. Inexpensive.

Ryan from Self Employed RE Investor

Excellent Property Management Software

My overall experience with the software and the customer support/development team has been amazing. This software has truly changed how I manage my real estate rental property business and streamlined how I manage and maintain the data in real time. As a result, my tax preparation work and time put in to prepare my taxes has decreased dramatically!

Pros

The software is simple to use, easy to access on multiple platforms, and provides real time data entry and review of property status that can take place from anywhere. This software allows me to track all of my properties in one place with a simple visual interface that allows me to see tenant/lease status and information, property details and notes, and income/expense data right at my fingertips. Lastly, the reporting functions are a huge feature as it makes tax time much faster and seamless as I fill out Schedule E's for each property accordingly. I can now literally push a button and generate the report!

Cons

There is really not much that I don't like about this software, but if I had to pick my least favorite it would probably be a limitation on the number of reminders that can be set and/or a few extra fields that would be nice to have on some data entry screens. That said, I've notified the developers of these items and they are working on adding all of these additions and features. Their response time and integration of requested features has been second to none. They are great to work with!

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied March 2019

Thanks Ryan for all your support over the years!

Scott from Wasatch Holdings LLC

Great product - Unbelievable customer support!

Pros

This software is very intuitive and easy to use, yet still has powerful features to help landlord's keep up with their books on their rental properties. The customer service is excellent and they are very responsive to the needs of the customer.

Cons

I wish there was a way that the properties list could be alphabetized so that I can more quickly scan thru the properties while entering rents and expenses. It takes a lot of time to have to scan all the properties looking for the one unit you need to enter an item to sometimes.

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied March 2019

Thanks Scott, we've just added a new search filter onto the website. We also will have the alphabetical sort as a setting soon :)

Michael from Holiday Lettings

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Fabulous Support when you need it

First Class product with a first class back up Service ( should you need it $

Pros

Ease of use —- Keeping track of income from rental and expenses is simplification in itself

Cons

Nothing Excellent product with ( Just as important) excellent backup should you need it

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied April 2020

Thanks Michael! Love having you on our software.

Excellent Property Management Software

This software has given me one source of truth for all of my data for my business and allowed for real time reporting that is both current and historical.

Pros

This software allows me to track all components of my investment, from value to income to expenses to notes, etc. The ability to enter and show partial rent payments and total rent due is a great feature.

Reasons for Choosing Landlord Studio

Specifically built for landlords and property management.

David from Real Estate

Streamlined and Professional

See Pros above.

Pros

I have never felt so organized before using Landlord Studio. There are never any questions on payment history and my tenants appreciate the emailed receipts. I have recently begun to use additional features built into the app such as texting groups of tenants, tracking expenses, etc. The program really worked wonders for the management of my properties. My wife and I can both login and record payments, as well as see the status in real time.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize a few more features, such as rolling tenant expenses into the amount owed at the top of the page.

Troy from Transport business

Great app for landlords or even sharehouse renters

I love the ease of logging payments & sending receipts to the tenants & that all the past payments are kept listed to review & check if a tenant questions payment history.

Pros

Easy to use & ability to send receipts via emails &/or text straight from the app

Cons

Only thing I like least about current version is if multiple weeks of rent are paid, that the receipts are emailed separately & the txt receipt only shows latest period paid & not for the whole amount/weeks paid. But the txt can be modified before sending. For this I give it a 9/10. It would just make it so much easier if it was already done & would definitely be a 10/10

Mark from Personal

Great App!!

Love it!!

Pros

I’ve been using Landlord Studio for over a year now. After trying others, this is definitely the best one out there. It’s extremely easy use! It keeps a record of your lease agreement, allows you to easily track and record your rental income, and keep a digital copy of all your receipts. You can also email or text a payment receipt and print a Profit & Loss statement for taxes. It’s the only app I’m aware of that lets you track bi-weekly rent payments, as well as monthly. You can also keep track of multiple rental units.

Cons

There are a couple of places to record expenses. Initially, I recorded them in the wrong spot and had to re-enter them in the correct spot to appear under the specific property. Also, it was initially free, then they started to charge a fee. I think it’s definitely worth the price.

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your kind review Mark, we have a 30 day free trial for everyone and then it is a paid subscription.

Steve from Big Red J

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

I don’t review things!

No problems other than a mild time adjusting when it changed a little. In short, I couldn’t operate without it.

Pros

Good to look at, simple to work with, user friendly, thankfully, as I’m not a friendly user!

Cons

Very little to dislike. It’s pleasing on the eye and encourages you to work with it and retain such important information.

Reasons for Choosing Landlord Studio

It was an easy decision. Simply easy to work with, understand, and helpful.

Eric from Real Estate

Wonderful software

this is the software is the best value rental management software. It’s simple to use and can be used on your cell or web based. It doesn’t take much time to keep it maintained. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Ease of use Exceptional customer service Simplicity

Cons

The mileage tracking could be trimmed down.

Ben from Nordskog Properties LLC

Nordskog Properties, Review of L>S

This was able to help connect my prop. manager and myself to both have an idea where we are at and moving forward. I really liked that when I emailed L>S about being able to search for my property that with in time that was an option. I would like to see them move forward with the new change that has been talked. I have talked to other landlords who have not used this due to feeling like it is not up to date and to blah. I think the new version with help grab and keep clients.

Pros

Keeping everything together, as well as knowing where tenants are with rent

Cons

This is a very hard to choose, I am unsure if I would rather have a "connected bank" account or not. I enjoy logging expense/income myself. However if my bank was set up it would be a chore to log my mortgages at split sections. this is why i just dont long my mortgage payments and will do it all as a interest payment at the end of the year.

Jason from Alfco, LLC

Perfect for a growing rental business

Fantastic! Awesome support and I consider this tool one of the reasons we have been able to grow. It helps us to make better decisions.

Pros

We started using Landlord Studio about 2 years ago, before that, it was the old-fashioned spreadsheets. We really like the reporting aspects of Landlord Studio - it automates things that used to take me minutes (and sometimes hours) to complete.

Cons

Probably not fair to call this the least favorite about Landlord Studio - it’s my least favorite about accounting in general. We have grown over the years and different property managers have different account codes. You need to be very disciplined when coding expenses in order to make sure everything balances correctly. The recurring expense tries to help...but on things such as utilities the amount changes. Overall, easy to use software, just make sure you give some thought to your categories early on!

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied March 2019

Thanks Jason :)

Dale from Real Estate

Good website, great app

LS has made managing the 20 units a snap. It would be a gargantuan hassle without it.

Pros

I like LS because all my data is in one place. I can add scanned documents and receipts if needed. The managing of the 20 units I take care of is pretty easy and straight forward. The reports are great. My CPA for our units says it makes her job easy come tax time. There are more reports available on the app for some reason. You just need to know what report you want. It's better to use the app overall.

Cons

Not much. I wish there was a way to add rents for multiple units all at one time.

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied April 2019

Thanks Dale, great you have you as a customer!

Greatest thing some sliced bread

Tax documents are very important in real estate and the fact that I can manage income and expenses within one app gives me the piece of mind.

Pros

Before this app, I had used multiple excel sheets. I'd loose track of where I left off, update one and not the other...it was just a mess. The free trial is what made me try it and of course I was skeptical. But I QUICKLY subscribed at the end on my trail and havent looked back since.

Cons

Its truly hard to come up with something I like least about this product. But to be fair, I dislike the group emailing function (when more then one tenant is included on the email), the formula doesn't populate their names. But that's very minor.

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied February 2019

Hello, Thank you for your kind feedback, much appreciated! The group email should be populating names for rent receipts etc, we are expanding this for the expenses receipts soon :)

Jason from Northstar Consulting

NCI landlord studio review

Tracking rent payments and Tennant activities

Pros

Simplicity Mobile Efficiency The product is accessible on multiple devices

Cons

Cost I think there should be a discount or flat rate for multiple units. Charging per unit seems strange given the little amount of data per unit

EGMIDIO from EZ Homes

Super Easy

I would give this program a 5 star even though I do have that one issue. Simply because it’s a very convenient program, easy to use, and has just about everything you need to keep track of one or multiple properties. Not to mention the customer service is great. They respond really quickly to inquires I send them via email. Often times in less than 6 hours.

Pros

I love the ease of use on both the desktop and mobile version. As most people are on the go, the mobile version makes it very easy to access your properties, note payments/expenses, add docs, etc.... Looking at the home page, it’s very easy to get a feel for what’s going on with your property like balances, overdue rents, expense.

Cons

The only thing that is even just slightly inconvenient is the fact that anytime I make a payment to a vendor, I have to input all info related to vendor. I’ve worked with other software in the past where you would be able to simply click on the vendor via drop down menu and the system automatically fills in vendor info including type of service (ie: legal, utilities, maintenance, etc...).

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the review! We will be looking into adding a dropdown as you mentioned.

Landlord Studio is GREAT

This app has kept me in touch with all of my properties clients not running late on insurance certificates changing filters in AC and heating units and much much more

Pros

It keeps all of my properties up to date once you fill in the information it is very simple to operate and I can use it on multiple devices really don’t know how I would do it without this app

Cons

I liked it all. I really can’t say that I didn’t like anything about it

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied January 2019

Thank you very much for your support!

Jason from Exzance Properties LLC

Landlord Studio App for Rental Properties

Customer support is great (the few times I've need them). The app and website are very user friendly and the reports are great.

Pros

It's very easy to use has the basic functionality needed to manage my properties and general biz expenses and it is low cost.

Cons

It would be great to track other business income from other lines of business (general contracting, etc), however, I do understand at some point that could take LLS away from it's business model and make it more like quickbooks or something similar.

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied February 2019

Thanks Jason! We are looking at allowing other income into the organisation field in a future release.

Ashley from Nelivan Investments

Everything we need

We we’re looking for a software that could help us track the financials of our properties , we are so pleased that we found Landlord, it is exactly what we were looking for.

Pros

This software was what we need for management of our properties , everything is there . We can track the expenses , the earnings , the taxes , that just a few things we can do with it . And is so easy to use .

Cons

Really we don’t have any cons about it .

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied August 2019

Wow this is simply an amazing review and we're so happy to hear that Landlord Studio fits your needs! We're excited to have you in the Landlord Studio community :)

Jason from Jason Joukhador

Great Product and Better Service

Pros

Has all the features I would want. Even more impressive is they have a very engaging development team who are open, responsive and supportive to enhancements if you feel there are improvements that can be made.

Cons

Nothing really, have no issues. In early days needed more functionality which has now all caught up and keep improving!

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied February 2019

Thank you Jason!

Carmen from Insurance

5 star

Pros

Customer service response time. Colors

Cons

Waiting on customizing . No auto pay

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied August 2019

Amazing, thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review and for sharing the kind words :). We are constantly working on improving the app and have some exciting features coming soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out in the future with any questions you may have.

Longkai from APLE

Good for help me track rental

I used it when I was trying to manage my rentals. Really helped me a lot

Pros

I really like it because it offers me functions that other landlord apps do not have. Saves me time and money

Cons

None. I just hope the app can have more and more features

Reasons for Choosing Landlord Studio

It is not expensive and easy to use.

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied August 2019

Hi Longkai! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review and for sharing the kind words :). We are constantly working on improving the app and have some exciting features coming soon! Please do not hesitate to reach out in the future with any questions you may have.

Ted from BWM Properties LLC

What a great APP

Love the product. We use this in place of Quickbooks, it is much easier and is taylor made for rental properties. Keep up the good work.

Pros

Saves me a ton of time and has me much more organized.

Cons

I wish there was a place for a check number.

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied February 2019

Thanks Ted! Will look into having a check number field.

Jessi from Lighthouse Media Group

A Must Have for Property Owners

Before Landlord Studio, I was writing receipts manually and keeping my documents separately. I now have a dashboard where my receipts, contact information and documents are all in one place. I can have notes on my tenants to remind me of certain things. Basically, everything I need to run my rental business is in one place.

Pros

The best part is that its cross platform. I can access it from my ipad, my iphone and my computer. So no matter what I have on hand, I can always access my information. Plus, no matter my issue, support always responds and that is great.

Cons

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied February 2019

Thanks for being a valued customer Jessi :)

Manoj from Daxton Properties

Good value solution to manage your properties

Landlord studio has saved a lot of time and money, it's a solution which hopefully one day will be able to manage all the property management side of things.

Pros

The dashboard is a great way to see your incoming rent and outgoings, the app is multi platform and I end up using this both on my phone and web browser. It supports many types of properties and is good to keep a track of tenants. A lot of features and I see they are implementing new features on a regular basis which is good.

Cons

The invoices are very basis and I would like to see an improvement on this, there is also no log of emails sent apart from the CC copy which is emailed. It would be good to have everything on Landlord studio saving on going back and forth. I think the lease information should be more detailed and allow for rent increase and decreases, part payments etc. Bank integration for the UK needs to be implemented.

Stephen from 7 rental properties

Best landlord app on the market

I was keeping track of income by hand using an excel spreadsheet. When we purchased our last rental unit, it brought our total to 7 and we needed a better way to track expenses and income. After trying other apps, it was clear that this one was by far the best.

Pros

I tried trial versions of nearly every landlord/rental app in the App Store. This app is cloud based so my wife and I can both input data and we can also use the desktop version from home. App keeps track of expenses and income very easily, even with multiple units.

Cons

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied August 2019

Hi Stephen! Thank you for giving us your feedback - it's great to see you like and are making good use of our software! If you ever have any questions of want to get some support on using the app drop us a line at help@landlordstudio.com

Great App!

Seamless and simple to use

Pros

Easy to use and great customer service . They Answer my questions expeditiously

Cons

None I can think of. Dashboard could have a few more features

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your review! Great minds think alike - we are currently redesigning the whole dashboard to be even more useful.

Donna from CNI (Com Net, Inc.)

Managing Small Rentals

This is great tool and makes managaing rentals easier. I like that there is a mobile and web interface. The customer support it superior and quick with responses. Customer service is always friendly and open to suggestions for improvements.

Pros

This software is user friendly. It only takes a few minutes to setup and you are ready to go. It is cheap and comes packed with a lot of great options and reports.

Cons

I would like a way to add expense receipts to individual lease agreements. I would also like expenses to be able to be seems as a lump of all the expenses for a particular year and property. This may be possible but I have not located how to do it yet.

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied February 2019

Thanks Donna! Nice chatting with you via our support channels. You should be able to run a categories report for a property within a set year, a feature we are working on is also filtering the expenses directly in the property dashboard too.

Peter from Freelance

Industry: Photography

Small time landlord

Keeping track of rent is so much easier as well as with expenses and bills. Support has always been so so quick and very helpful adding new features at my request.

Pros

It's customisable No other app with so many features Desktop access Cloud backup

Cons

A little confusing at first Still get lost in the software

Reasons for Choosing Landlord Studio

Amount of features. Seemed to cover every thing I could think to need.

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied August 2019

Hey there Peter, we are happy to see the app is working well for you :) Please feel free to reach out to us anytime if you have any questions or feedback for us, and thank you so much for taking the time to review the app!

Eddie from Trinity Property Management Services LLC

This is the perfect app for Landlords

I want to sincerely thank you for developing this product. Landlord studio has allowed me to consolidate all of my previous apps and storage folders into a one stop shop. I am able to focus more on running my businesses as opposed to doing the admin work. Furthermore the recent additions such as tenant search and business valuation has been a nice addition!

Pros

Consolidated rental income and expenses into one location as well as enabling the ease of managing tenants and suppliers.

Cons

It would be great if software exported to TurboTax

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied February 2019

Thanks Eddie, more features coming!

Judy from Engineering

Great application!

I am extremely pleased with this application and have recommended it to several friends.

Pros

This app is a lifesaver! It keeps me organized and allows me to easily create reports at tax time.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Forcing me to to write more in this field is wasting my time

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied August 2019

Wow thank you for taking the time to leave this review! We're so happy to hear the impact Landlord Studio has had in making your processes more efficient. We're excited to have you in the Landlord Studio community :)

Benjamin from One4all enterp

Best mobile and pc program

Only 2 words ( great product) best Multi use landlord program, easy to use,helpful staff

Pros

Easy to use, more than 1 platform, mobile phone ,tablet and pc user frendly.Program is cloud based,so you can pull up updated info from all devices.Very reasonable price for such a great product.

Cons

I would love to have a live support line phone number

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied February 2019

Thanks so much Ben! We have added in Live Chat onto our website and we hope to have phone number support in the future :)

Alex from Flexsecure Enterprises Inc

Very satisfied

Has help me manage in a more profecional way the rental units I manage

Pros

App and desktop application are very easy to use

Cons

No option to print reciepts you have to emial it then print it

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied February 2019

Thank you for being a long time user Alex. Much appreciated.

tim from nice rental management

Simple product

Pros

Simple to use with the reports you need to manage your business daily. Year end reports are on point also.

Cons

hard to modify leases after you initially enter them.

Jeth from Murdoch University

Easy to use app with good range of functionality

Allows me to easily report on income and expenses related to investment properties. Very convenient and saves me lots of time when preparing tax summaries. The app lets me input data on the move - excellent app and very good value.

Pros

I can easily manage income and expenses related to my investment properties.

Cons

No cons identified - works perfectly for my needs.

Reasons for Choosing Landlord Studio

Range of functionality and value for money.

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied August 2019

Wow this is simply an amazing review and we're so happy to hear the impact Landlord Studio has had on your property business and in making your processes more efficient. We're excited to have you in the Landlord Studio community :)

Ceasar from Self employed

Landlordstudio review

I'm pleased with the software. Does most of what I need for a good price. The ability to send and receive fillable documents/forms such as leases and applications via text would be fantastic.

Pros

Tracking and report capabilities and app.

Cons

Recording payments received has to be done according to strict software protocols or else things don't seem to be logged correctly

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied January 2019

Thanks Ceasar for your honest review, much appreciated. We are going to do something around recording payments to make it much easier and best of all - automated! E-signing of leases is something else on our roadmap as well!

Paige from Architechture

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Amazing Product! Easy to use, saves me so much time!

No complaints here. A great software backed by a great support team. Thank you for being so awesome!

Pros

I love that I can set up recurring payments that will automatically show up in the expense area of each property I assign them in. It saves me from manually entering my mortgage payments and other routine bills. The price is unbeatable. I also love that tax is calculated automatically and no math is required, huge time saver! You can customize all tax settings and so much more.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing I don't like!

James from JEH3 Inc.

Best application for small landlords

I really like the software. Keeps adding features.

Pros

I love that this software is affordable while having a lot of features to help me manage my three properties. I felt it’s the best option for the small landlords that only need to manage a handfull of properties. Some of the other software is either too bloated or too expensive to justify the cost. I self manage my properties with ease since I can manage through desktop or the mobile application.

Cons

I wish it had integrated lease management. Currently, I can only upload leases manually, it would be nice to manage that process inside that application.

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied April 2019

Hey James, e-signing of leases is something we are looking at in the longer term :)

Christian from Own Business

Industry: Think Tanks

The Easiest to use Own Property Rental Software

Pros

Available in both mobile app and web make it easy to do property management on the road

Cons

Nothing - love the simplicity and no training required

Dan from H&M

Great for small to large rental properties

The only software of use to track my rental properties now.

Pros

Tracking mileage, management expenses by individual properties is easy and can do it on the go with the mobile app.

Cons

Taxes and some preset forms take a little bit to adjust but not bad once you know where those sections are.

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied February 2019

Gergely from GM

Fits my need perfectly

Pros

Bought this software to manage some rental estates because it was too much to track manually. It has the right concept and great reporting structure.

Cons

Too USA focused. Need a more international or more customizable version.

Davin from TACS

Makes managing multiple tenants a breeze

Pros

Features are maturing and support is great

Cons

Run in to some limitations when taking holding deposits for a future booking for a room that's currently tenants by someone else, but there are workarounds

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied April 2019

Thank Davin, awesome to have you on board.

Diana from DAAAM Properties, LLC

Amazing App!

It’s been a pleasure using this app. It has truly helped me stay organized.

Pros

I love the ease of use. I also love the Reporting feature which quickly runs reports on demand.

Cons

I wish I could apply nicknames to my properties.

Best in the Market

Overall it is the best tool which is used ever.

Pros

Easily tacking and report capabilities.

Cons

waiting and customization and autopay not available.

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied August 2019

Everything in one place

Stay on top of all the details related to my property so I'm able spend time doing other things

Pros

Clear records of my property and all info related. Stay on top of payments.

Cons

Banking integration which I hope they implement soon

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied January 2019

Thanks for our first review! Glad to see its a positive one :) Yup, we are working on banking integration right now and hope to get this up and running soon!

Carlene from Consulting

Amazing!

Amazing! The software is great and the customer support is amazing too! They respond quickly.

Pros

Simple! I love how simple it is and the iPad app!

Cons

I wish there was a ‘Capital expense’ box When I enter an expense. They are working on this though!

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied February 2019

Thanks Carlene, i'm working on getting that Capital expense toggle done for you by the end of the month hopefully!

elie from Apparel and Fashion

management properties

i solved my management issues. i would like to have more customise features in receipts and to make user account with limit privilege to access my property

Pros

management of my rents, history of payments

Cons

cant control the receipts. for example to print it as soft copy

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your review, based on your feedback, we will be looking at printing of receipts :)

Nick from Banking

Pros

Ease of use Ability to access from phone or computer Reports

Cons

General expenses for all properties do not get divided across all properties

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied February 2019

Thank you Nick!

Mark from Education Management

Outstanding

Pros

Best customer service ever. Problems fixed immediately. Love the app!

Cons

Nothing, love the software. Keep making improvements.

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied August 2019

Hi Mark, thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review and for sharing the kind words :). We have some exciting new features coming soon that we can't wait to release! Please do not hesitate to reach out in the future with any questions you may have.

Myvanwy from GIBSON

Industry: Fine Art

helped me to understand how my property is a small business

Pros

It's easy to learn how to use and in the process helps you get your head around the accounting side of owning property. Also for me having everything in one place with reports I can run to get more information, is a godsend.

Cons

The data entry. but then that is not a fault of the software per se...it's just a laborious task one must do to reap the benefits.

Response from Landlord Studio

Replied March 2019

Thanks Myvanwy, hopefully a new feature we are working on with automatic rental reconciliation will make this even better :)