What are Landlord Studio users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Landlord Studio software through verified user reviews

• icon"I also love that tax is calculated automatically and no math is required, huge time saver. You can customize all tax settings and so much more."
  • icon"Ease of use and stability, regular updates no software glitches and excellent second to none customer service."
  • icon"Both the app and website are exceptionally easy to use to sync perfectly."
  • icon"The only thing that is even just slightly inconvenient is the fact that anytime I make a payment to a vendor, I have to input all info related to vendor."
  • icon"A little confusing at first. Still get lost in the software."
  • icon"But to be fair, I dislike the group emailing function (when more then one tenant is included on the email), the formula doesn't populate their names."

Browse all Landlord Studio Reviews

• Have you used Landlord Studio and would like to share your experience with others?

Dennis

Industry: Investment Management

Excellent for investment property management

Very happy with Landlord Studio and the team. They are very responsive and always seem open to suggestions/ready to help.

Pros

Both the app and website are exceptionally easy to use to sync perfectly.

Cons

Nothing. Anything that was an issue was resolved.

Reasons for choosing Landlord Studio

Very easy to use, free trial period to try before you buy. Inexpensive.

Sameer Hassam

A product that meets its Mission statement perfectly.

I found "Landlord Studio" exactly as its mission statement claims to be and that is "provide the very best in property management software and content for landlords." Hence, I am completely satisfied with the application as it is easy to learn and operate, has an appealing user interface, separate portals provided both for the tenant and myself, and all of this provided at a very reasonable cost. I have already recommended it to other fellows I know of, who manage rental properties. Therefore, I highly recommend this software.

Pros

The most useful benefit of the product for the consumers is the transparency that it offers between Tenants and the landlord. For instance, Tenants can post and have access to all the transactions to avoid any confusion about Rent or any other additional fee. Other benefits include: - Availability of the app on iOS and Android mobile devices. - Automated rent collection. - A wide range of very useful features for real estate individuals and landlords. - Customized reports. - Secure online auto payments directly from Debit/ Credit card or Bank account. - Cloud-based storage for relevant and critical documents.

Cons

- Level of detail in reports is limited as of now and requires improvement. - There is an additional rent collection charge of up to $2.25 per transaction.

Reasons for switching to Landlord Studio

I switched from "TenantCloud" mainly because it currently doesn't have an app for Android or iOS. Also, I found the "TenantCloud" application quite mind-boggling at the beginning and felt that it will take a while to get used to. The application ought to be simplified for mass adoption.

Dale

March 2022

Great product

I've used LS for five years now. It has helped reduce my paperwork by about 95%, and I'm not exaggerating. I like the app as well. Nice to get some work done while on the road.

Pros

Easy to use. The reports are great to have. The customer service is spectacular.

Cons

I'm pretty simple in my needs, so I don't have any complaints.

Scott

Great product - Unbelievable customer support!

Pros

This software is very intuitive and easy to use, yet still has powerful features to help landlord's keep up with their books on their rental properties. The customer service is excellent and they are very responsive to the needs of the customer.

Cons

I wish there was a way that the properties list could be alphabetized so that I can more quickly scan thru the properties while entering rents and expenses. It takes a lot of time to have to scan all the properties looking for the one unit you need to enter an item to sometimes.

Response from Landlord Studio

Thanks Scott, we've just added a new search filter onto the website. We also will have the alphabetical sort as a setting soon :)

March 2022

Great mobile product for portfolio management

Used daily for 2 years. I can run my business from my phone.

Pros

Full features from iOS as well as desktop. Great accounts management and reporting. Fantastic lease tracking and management and general portfolio management tools. Second to non customer support.

Cons

Having an international user base means some features aren’t available in certain countries. However this hasn’t effected me as the app caters for my needs.

Reasons for choosing Landlord Studio

I looked at a range of options and landlord studio was the best mobile solution with full features on iOS. Also the price was very competitive and the software has regular updates from the team.

Bryant

Great product!

Pros

Simple and clean, very responsive staff. Cares and listens to its users.

Cons

Honestly not much not to like. Any concern or lack of functionality has been addressed and implemented by LandlordStudio’s staff!

Reasons for switching to Landlord Studio

Quick books was clearly not build for landlords, it became a chore to keep quickbooks work for me.

Easy to use and does the job

Pros

It is simple, easy to use, mobile-centric and does the job

Cons

Online payments functionality would be ideal

Reasons for choosing Landlord Studio

It felt made for people like me - just a feeling

Response from Landlord Studio

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback.

Replied November 2020

Good product that has been getting better and better. GREAT SUPPORT TEAM!

The software team has been wonderful to work with and very responsive with follow up from any questions or functionality issues. Most recently they solved a problem we were having with the export feature for the reports in a weekend and had it perfectly functioning by Monday morning at 5am. We have found that they are really listening to our needs as their customer and that means the world to us.

Pros

The software was easy to introduce and took less than a day to get functioning. The Interface both on the mobile and office versions are very easy to use. The Software is consistently getting better with updates, features, and functionality. We can manage almost all of the aspects of our business operations through Landlord Studio.

Cons

There are a few issues with expense tracking when it comes to partial payments made to expenses over time and and some more functionality on the dashboard would be useful but overall this is a very capable platform and has been a great tool for our business.

Reasons for choosing Landlord Studio

We have really liked the ability to scale as we go. When launching a new business expenses are very important (okay, so they are always important!) and as we have grown we have been able to scale our use and expenses with Landlord Studio. The per property/per unit enrollment has been perfect for us as we started with four units and are now up to over twenty in less than two years. We have been able to manage our growth with the scalability of this software. High Valuable!

Reasons for switching to Landlord Studio

The mobile and office based interaction and ease of use was a big thing for us. As a small company we have to handle many aspects of the business from the office and on the go and we can handle most things with Landlord Studio.

Jon

Does everything it says on the tin

Pros

Ease of use & compatibility with office & mobile

Cons

I like the option to see the monthly calendar showing when rents, certificates etc were due so you had a larger over view than just seeing what was due / upcoming in the immediate week

Had to upgrade due to new [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Freddie

December 2021

Very good product! You can’t look back!

Excellent well thought out product, quick and effective customer support and voice of the customer. You are sure to be listened to and responded for any query promptly

Pros

Cons

Cannot seem to find anything so far. I have not had a single issue with the product since I started using it a few years ago

April 2022

Excellent

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility. Customer support is great.

Cons

There are none from my perspective. I liked it just fine.

Property info in my hand

Pros

It's great to be able to easily keep on top of tenant payments, being able to see their payment history and automatically send reminders if they are overdue.

Cons

It would be great to be able to automatically pull in my bank feeds to reconcile my transactions.

Ryan

Excellent Property Management Software

My overall experience with the software and the customer support/development team has been amazing. This software has truly changed how I manage my real estate rental property business and streamlined how I manage and maintain the data in real time. As a result, my tax preparation work and time put in to prepare my taxes has decreased dramatically!

Pros

The software is simple to use, easy to access on multiple platforms, and provides real time data entry and review of property status that can take place from anywhere. This software allows me to track all of my properties in one place with a simple visual interface that allows me to see tenant/lease status and information, property details and notes, and income/expense data right at my fingertips. Lastly, the reporting functions are a huge feature as it makes tax time much faster and seamless as I fill out Schedule E's for each property accordingly. I can now literally push a button and generate the report!

Cons

There is really not much that I don't like about this software, but if I had to pick my least favorite it would probably be a limitation on the number of reminders that can be set and/or a few extra fields that would be nice to have on some data entry screens. That said, I've notified the developers of these items and they are working on adding all of these additions and features. Their response time and integration of requested features has been second to none. They are great to work with!

Response from Landlord Studio

Thanks Ryan for all your support over the years!

Ben

Nordskog Properties, Review of L>S

This was able to help connect my prop. manager and myself to both have an idea where we are at and moving forward. I really liked that when I emailed L>S about being able to search for my property that with in time that was an option. I would like to see them move forward with the new change that has been talked. I have talked to other landlords who have not used this due to feeling like it is not up to date and to blah. I think the new version with help grab and keep clients.

Pros

Keeping everything together, as well as knowing where tenants are with rent

Cons

This is a very hard to choose, I am unsure if I would rather have a "connected bank" account or not. I enjoy logging expense/income myself. However if my bank was set up it would be a chore to log my mortgages at split sections. this is why i just dont long my mortgage payments and will do it all as a interest payment at the end of the year.

Reasons for switching to Landlord Studio

dash board was to basic and made it look like more work to be on there system rather than a feel you get when up on L>S site.

Tammy

My most valuable tool

The customer support is amazing. I have had about 4 occasions where I have needed help from the software people. Invariably the reply comes within a day and everything I have wanted to do or know has an answer. It is by far the best software for my needs out there and I tried many before I found Landlord Studio.

Pros

Reasonably intuitive to operate. The ease of use and the ability to do via phone app or desktop is most useful. Quickly captures both expenses and revenue by property with reports that tell you exactly where you are at. To be able to capture an expense at point of sale and upload receipt straight into software makes record keeping so easy.

Cons

The higher end reporting sometimes is not as intuitive and I have had to write to ask how to do something.

Reasons for switching to Landlord Studio

I wanted something that was easy to use and convenient. Keeping receipts and entering them at the end of the month wasn't working. This software enabled me to both easily capture expenses yet gave reporting that let's me know exactly my cash and revenue position.

Jason

Perfect for a growing rental business

Fantastic! Awesome support and I consider this tool one of the reasons we have been able to grow. It helps us to make better decisions.

Pros

We started using Landlord Studio about 2 years ago, before that, it was the old-fashioned spreadsheets. We really like the reporting aspects of Landlord Studio - it automates things that used to take me minutes (and sometimes hours) to complete.

Cons

Probably not fair to call this the least favorite about Landlord Studio - it’s my least favorite about accounting in general. We have grown over the years and different property managers have different account codes. You need to be very disciplined when coding expenses in order to make sure everything balances correctly. The recurring expense tries to help...but on things such as utilities the amount changes. Overall, easy to use software, just make sure you give some thought to your categories early on!

Response from Landlord Studio

Thanks Jason :)

Excellent Property Management Software

This software has given me one source of truth for all of my data for my business and allowed for real time reporting that is both current and historical.

Pros

This software allows me to track all components of my investment, from value to income to expenses to notes, etc. The ability to enter and show partial rent payments and total rent due is a great feature.

Cons

Occasionally some bugs pop up, but the technical support team is very quick to respond and very quick to resolve the issues.

Reasons for choosing Landlord Studio

Specifically built for landlords and property management.

Streamlined and Professional

See Pros above.

Pros

I have never felt so organized before using Landlord Studio. There are never any questions on payment history and my tenants appreciate the emailed receipts. I have recently begun to use additional features built into the app such as texting groups of tenants, tracking expenses, etc. The program really worked wonders for the management of my properties. My wife and I can both login and record payments, as well as see the status in real time.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize a few more features, such as rolling tenant expenses into the amount owed at the top of the page.

Greatest thing some sliced bread

Tax documents are very important in real estate and the fact that I can manage income and expenses within one app gives me the piece of mind.

Pros

Before this app, I had used multiple excel sheets. I'd loose track of where I left off, update one and not the other...it was just a mess. The free trial is what made me try it and of course I was skeptical. But I QUICKLY subscribed at the end on my trail and havent looked back since.

Cons

Its truly hard to come up with something I like least about this product. But to be fair, I dislike the group emailing function (when more then one tenant is included on the email), the formula doesn't populate their names. But that's very minor.

Response from Landlord Studio

Hello, Thank you for your kind feedback, much appreciated! The group email should be populating names for rent receipts etc, we are expanding this for the expenses receipts soon :)

Replied February 2019

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Landlord Studio is GREAT

This app has kept me in touch with all of my properties clients not running late on insurance certificates changing filters in AC and heating units and much much more

Pros

It keeps all of my properties up to date once you fill in the information it is very simple to operate and I can use it on multiple devices really don’t know how I would do it without this app

Cons

I liked it all. I really can’t say that I didn’t like anything about it

Response from Landlord Studio

Thank you very much for your support!

Replied January 2019

NCI landlord studio review

Tracking rent payments and Tennant activities

Pros

Simplicity Mobile Efficiency The product is accessible on multiple devices

Cons

Cost I think there should be a discount or flat rate for multiple units. Charging per unit seems strange given the little amount of data per unit

Reasons for switching to Landlord Studio

Landlord studio is a superior application

EGMIDIO

Super Easy

I would give this program a 5 star even though I do have that one issue. Simply because it’s a very convenient program, easy to use, and has just about everything you need to keep track of one or multiple properties. Not to mention the customer service is great. They respond really quickly to inquires I send them via email. Often times in less than 6 hours.

Pros

I love the ease of use on both the desktop and mobile version. As most people are on the go, the mobile version makes it very easy to access your properties, note payments/expenses, add docs, etc.... Looking at the home page, it’s very easy to get a feel for what’s going on with your property like balances, overdue rents, expense.

Cons

The only thing that is even just slightly inconvenient is the fact that anytime I make a payment to a vendor, I have to input all info related to vendor. I’ve worked with other software in the past where you would be able to simply click on the vendor via drop down menu and the system automatically fills in vendor info including type of service (ie: legal, utilities, maintenance, etc...).

Response from Landlord Studio

Thanks for the review! We will be looking into adding a dropdown as you mentioned.

Landlord Studio App for Rental Properties

Customer support is great (the few times I've need them). The app and website are very user friendly and the reports are great.

Pros

It's very easy to use has the basic functionality needed to manage my properties and general biz expenses and it is low cost.

Cons

It would be great to track other business income from other lines of business (general contracting, etc), however, I do understand at some point that could take LLS away from it's business model and make it more like quickbooks or something similar.

Response from Landlord Studio

Thanks Jason! We are looking at allowing other income into the organisation field in a future release.

Replied February 2019

Ashley

Everything we need

We we’re looking for a software that could help us track the financials of our properties , we are so pleased that we found Landlord, it is exactly what we were looking for.

Pros

This software was what we need for management of our properties , everything is there . We can track the expenses , the earnings , the taxes , that just a few things we can do with it . And is so easy to use .

Cons

Really we don’t have any cons about it .

Response from Landlord Studio

Wow this is simply an amazing review and we're so happy to hear that Landlord Studio fits your needs! We're excited to have you in the Landlord Studio community :)

Replied August 2019

Stephen

Reasonably priced and easy to setup and use

Before purchasing this app, I tried 3 other programs and this was by-far the best for to manage multiple rental properties. The pricing was also fair.

Pros

App was very easy to setup. It is easy to use on mobile devices, but also has a website for desktop use. Makes keeping up with multiple properties very easy. Pricing by number of units is very fair.

Cons

It would be great if they would add the ability to accept online payments and I would also be interested in a feature that would allow the tenants to log in to see what they owe.

4.86/5 out of 79 reviews