• Pros

• "Love that you can quickly get all listings of for lease or for sale property in a city or a trade area or a polygon that you create yourself. "

• "They do have a lot of listings, and it is easy to use. The listings that are not renewals show pictures on most of the listings. "

• "I like that everything you need to know about a property or development is all laid out in one platform with different tabs - very visually appealing and easy to navigate."

• Cons

• "What I like least about CoStar is the price tag. It is expensive, but the data and the support you get from it outweighs the cost."

• "So many different tools in Costar, I am sure I am not utilizing the software to its fullest potential."

• "Sometimes question the accuracy of data even though it is supposed to be update regularly. Not necessarily the company's fault, some properties give out false information. "

Browse Lease Accounting Reviews

Alesa from Embree Group of Companies

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Costar - Great Customer Support

It has been great - love that if I have a question the Costar team will answer quickly and even stop by the office to help with any issues I am having. They are great at keeping us up to date on all the latest additions to the software.

Michele from Keller Williams Realty

Use it to Get your Money's Worth

Since it is so expensive you have to use it to get you money's worth. Use the data, the market report generations and leverage that in your business. If you use that, you will have a good experience.

Pros

CoStar has so many different features that it offers. It really is the one stop shop that you need when working in commercial real estate. I like how you can search CRE data, create market stats, and market your listings all in one spot.

September 2016

Matt from Home Depot

September 2016

Best All-Around Choice for Lease Accounting and Real Estate Management

What stands out for me about the CoStar system is it's a system that's been around for a long time and it was designed to meet the needs of accounting departments. CoStar, when I compare to other systems that I've used or systems that I've seen, it has an advantage of being very intuitive.

Pros

By having a system like CoStar, where you can drive business results and meet the new accounting requirements, I think it's a much easier sell across your business. While there are plenty of choices in the marketplace, I think it's the best all-around choice.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Response from CoStar Real Estate Manager

Replied September 2016

Thanks, Matt! We've enjoyed working with you to solve the challenges of lease accounting compliance.

Up to the Users to Update Listings

I don't know what other software is like this one. Everyone uses this software so it's hard to switch to something that no one knows about. Overall, it gets the job done

Pros

I love how you can find every single commercial property on here. it's concise and you can find out what you want to find out (usually). When managing your listings, you can see a performance report which is the greatest thing about this.

Cons

Brokers don't always update the listings or they purposely leave off information. Cold calling is still a thing with this software, it just gives you a base and a prep before your call in my opinion.

Carly from 3gp

Overall Great Product for anyone on real estate

Pros

This product is great for researching properties in underwriting or for real estate purposes. Gives you detailed info on past sales, property values, demographics, pricing, competitors, etc.

Rebecca from LIHC

CoStar is very easy to use, provides great results.

Pros

Cons

I have found that information is sometimes out of date. CoStar could possibly look in to a way to stay more up-to-date.

Adrienne from Wagners Supply Depot Inc

An Absolute Necessity!

Pros

This is a great product for anyone in the real estate industry. We are able to utilize this to make sure we are within market values, and to maintain our compliance with our leasing procedures and processes.

Cons

I do wish the pricing was a little more cost effective, but overall, it's a great product!

Very Useful for property management

Pros

This software is great for looking at market conditions in a specific area, reviewing competitors & gathering data for your own properties.

Cons

Can be a little difficult to navigate. I had no training with the software and I had to play around with it a little to find the information I was looking for.

Myong from Mkimrealty

Realtor

They so push

Pros

Nothing . Not enough listings Most of the listings are can be find in any free listings

Cons

Don't like the contract that can't get out it. Very awful situation

Great software for real estate managers

Pros

Adequate tools to organize sales by agent

Cons

Difficult to transfer from other software

Jeff from Associated

Industry: Warehousing

Beware! They will renew your agreement even if you do not want it.

We really did not see a benefit, it was a waste of time to have my team chase down dead contacts and contacts that were gone. When they did reach someone they wanted nothing to do with our company and were mad at Costar too.

Pros

Cons

We were using the software to target new businesses moving into our territory and I was assured that they would have contacts we could talk to about our services. Unfortunately the reality was that many contacts were outdated. Some had been gone from the company for several years or even deceased. When I sent the contacts to be researched, nothing happened and I was told we could still use the service as we now know about companies moving. I could get that information much cheaper and even free. When it comes time to cancel, they have conveniently buried an auto-renew policy in the contract, something that is not even legal in Chicago and are trying to get me to pay for a service that never worked as promised.

Nichole from Asset Campus Housing

CoStar is user friendly, best choice of software!

Pros

CoStar is very easy to navigate and will help you get the results you need to make a real estate decision.

Cons

I wish the software would update more rapidly, but besides that con I cannot think of anything else.

Melissa from Lamenza Realty

Costar is a great tool when you know how to use it.

You do get a lot of information in one place and I like the fact that most of the times it has the true owner information and updated leasing information.

Pros

I like the fact that all the commercial data that is out there is in one place. Customer support is good and they will find contact information without issues when not already there.

Cons

I don't like the fact that it is pricey and it should be easier to use and have more tools. The report options should have more criteria to run these reports.

Ram from City of Harlingen

Review costar

Very easy to use and helpful when researching real estate. I've used costar for over 2 years and it has helped in reaching my goals. My industry is very competitive and it is a great tool.