All LiveRez Reviews

Valerie

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2017

Live Rez Partners - Caring, innovative, fearless (In that order)

Perdido Realty is family-owned and operated with 150 vacation rental units. We used Entech Rental Software for 25 years so, when we made the transition to Live Rez, it was anxiety-provoking, to say the least. This was also right after the Expedia acquisition of Homeaway, so Live Rez was acquiring partners quickly. Nonetheless, we were assigned a brilliant facilitator to handle the transition. It was an amazing, one-on-one process and the outcome has far exceeded our expectations. CEO, is a true visionary. He surrounds himself with staff who share his high values. He's a straight-shooter and is committed to Live Rez partners' and the vacation rental industry's success. Best Thing: One-stop shopping. They do it all and it's customized for the vacation rental industry only. You get a custom website that integrates with the software and it's internet based. Their SEO division, should you choose to participate, is the best at a fraction of the cost for outside services. Second Best Thing: The support team. Their responses are timely and their solutions work. If it requires IT input, they coordinate that and get it done. Suggestion: Give their Sales Team a call. You'll know right away that they're not just selling software. They want to be partners in your success--really. In 30 years, I haven't found that anywhere else. Valerie Hawkins, Owner Perdido Realty Vacations Perdido Key, FL

Scott

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

LIveRez

Great.

PROS

The support is key. I had some issues in the past regarding communication, but after having some conversations with higher ups, it feels good now. I feel that the responsiveness has improved a lot. LiveRez is a wonderful company overall. I've had other similar companies contact me about switching, but I can't see that ever happening. Thank you for helping me build my business! I couldn't be happier.

CONS

The one con is that when suggestions are made for enhancements that feel important for all partners, they don't seem to be taken into consideration or taken seriously enough. Example, credit card decline notices. I don't have a way to know if a credit card is being declined, unless I run a report to see if balances are due.

Support

Chelsey

Hospitality, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

Considering making the switch to LiveRez? I would advise you to RUN away and not look back!

I think I've said it well enough in other places, but don't give this company the time of day or your money. Until they completely revamp management, company structure, engineering...basically every piece of their platform and staff, it's a non-functioning dinosaur; an incredibly expensive, non-functioning dinosaur. Save some money, many hours of headaches and exhausted frustration and build your business elsewhere. After many years with LiveRez we are sadly going to have to sever ties. There are no signs that it's returning to any shell of it's former self, and I'm done lighting money on fire to work harder and harder with poorer results.

PROS

Many years ago, LiveRez was a wonderful product. Reservations, guest communications, and support all flowed seamlessly. Nowadays, it's a shell of what it once was. Overall most of the features are still there, but the innovation and support are gone, which makes it an outdated, clunky, and drowning software platform. I like what LiveRez once was. Then it was bought out and the pricing doubled while the innovation, support, product quality, and management went down the toilet. There's a reason everyone who used to work for the company has left. It's expensive trash at this point, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Glitter on a poorly built house of toothpicks is about what I would equate LiveRez to at the current moment.

CONS

Support, engineering, and tech are some of the worst I have ever experienced. Most recently we have been waiting a month for major issues with our email system to be resolved. I am having to manually send out every single email to every single guest at all of our properties in the meantime. That amounts to thousands of emails and hundreds of wasted hours. Their API integration is horrendous, with again, no support and outdated features. All of our properties were taken offline on VRBO for almost two weeks while VRBO waited for support from LiveRez to integrate, and guess what, LiveRez doesn't have ANYONE who supports the integration on their team. We finally had to give up and break off the integration after losing bookings for almost two weeks! Support is an absolute joke. Be prepared to have a ticket opened and perhaps responded to days or weeks later. No one checks the threads on tickets, so different people will reach out without being informed of the issue at hand or what has been done to improve it. LiveRez will dazzle you with all of the features they offer, and then they will nickel and dime you to add any of those features onto your system. At a base rate, I already pay more to LiveRez than any other software out there would cost me, and I have bare bones features. Do you like digital signatures and automated guest contracts? Extra $. Do you like accounting features? Extra $. Do you like integration? Extra $. Integrated Door locks, $ ...RUN AWAY!

Chelsey, I wanted to submit a reply to you here, but do know you've been in touch with our General Manager and the issues have been resolved, or are actively being worked through as of several weeks ago. I'm so sorry to hear about your frustrations. We want your experience with us to be a positive one, and I can't imagine how frustrating it must have been while we worked on a resolve for you. In thinking about how deeply we care about our partners and their experiences, I want to find out if the technical challenges you encountered have been resolved, as in checking with our team, it does sound like they've been in very regular communication with you for the past several months to work through the anomalies you've experienced. I do hope the complications have been resolved to your liking and your review is updated to reflect this, many thanks, Chelsey! I'll personally keep sending folks your way as your beautiful portfolio makes me miss the beach!

Replied July 2022

Melba R.

Reviewed November 2014

Ease of Use as a Back and Front End person

We have been using Live Rez for 3 years now and find it a convenient and easy to use program with great funtionality for what we do. I personally have worked with all the different divisions of LiveRez and enjoy the knowledge and helpfulness of the staff. The support staff are always willing to search something out if they don't have a ready answer. Live Rez has great training and education modules. Our staff especially enjoy that we can listen and participate in the live Webinar and then either replay it or have the written download available at any time after. This is especially good when there is a function only used on rare ocassions. The Quick Books intergration is a plus for me as it quickly transfers information from one platform to the other. There does however need to be a fix to the refund and negative transactions so that we do not have to manually track them through. I believe this is being worked on. The ease of doing bookings gets 5 stars from all of us. I especially enjoy the fact that I can work with a customer on my mobile phone where ever I am and so am not having to be near a computer. The reports are easy to adjust to see information in various ways and time periods and are easily exported to Excel for additional functionality. CRM is wonderful and a real time saver. The fact that we can easily modify emails for a property and set a time for them to distribute and not have worry about it. We use the Lead Program and like it very much. The Owner Statement System, while okay, could be better. I have been used to being able to see the Owner Statements for any month at any time. With LiveRez you need to close a month before opening a new month to ensure any balances carry forward. While you can post recurring monthly expenses, you cannot set up annual ones. Overall a great program, easy to use and would recommend it anyone looking for an affordable, easy to use program. Staff at LIve Rez are easy to deal with and usually responsive within a short time period. Sometimes it can be a few hours - mostly I think because of the time difference between them and our area (2 hours).

Yvonne

Reviewed November 2016

Hardworking Partner

IBEX Properties, could not ask for a better partner to venture forward with in the start and growth of our company. They work hard like we do in our own company and stay with us until we work through all the tough steps and processes. Live Rez is a true partner not just sign you up, take your money kind of partner. Thank you Live Rez!!!

PROS

Reservation system and partnering with Airbnb so it is integrated. Accounting system and even though it is not perfect, Live Rez is listening and fixing!!

CONS

Maybe this has been fixed but having maintenance and cleaning be able to log on and get a clear picture of the scheduled reservations was not working. Jerod my partner and I have to send them screen shots.

CJ

Reviewed May 2013

FANTASTIC!

Honestly a no brainier. LiveRez has everything you need if you're just starting, growing or considering moving from an older system. It is honestly worry free and has helped us capitalize on opportunities due to time savings and increased productivity.

PROS

I have been with LiveRez for nearly 4 years and have been very please with the overall performance of the software and the support staff. The interface is very easy to use, quick to learn and it's always on! I like that it is 100% Cloud based so we can manage and/ or track all the major components to run our business from anywhere. Having the dynamic website and booking engine integrated is a major time and money saver. Friendly support staff who are genuine and know how important the partnership is between LiveRez and our business Misc items... Google friendly. Great property filter. Easy to Navigate. CRM - Auto response system. Local Area Guide. Flexible drop down menu. Expandable dynamic pages, one change on the back end modifies several front end pages.

CONS

Cons are honestly very limited, mostly due to the fact that LiveRez is very progressive and always improving or refining features. It took a bit longer than expected to implement, but once the ball was rolling things moved very quickly. Note, we were an early user. Maintenance / property management module is a bit cumbersome than I would like. It is workable but offers more options then needed which makes it more time consuming then need be. I have heard there are plans to refine / update this feature.

Alaina

Events Services

Reviewed April 2018

LiveRez has great potential however they are behind competitors

The design is great however many bugs that randomly affect all property management users at the same time. Example: all CRM emails went out to all of our clients at once versus the rule that was set up. We are talking about thousands of emails from our company alone which caused lots of frustration both from our guests, employees and owners.

PROS

LiveRez's design of the software is great and is very easy to use! Training new employees is a breeze.

CONS

It takes a very long time for any changes to the software to be made once they are given to LiveRez. The software is the same from several years ago which is pushing companies to other software such as Streamline.

Ronnie

Reviewed January 2015

Why is Liverez better?

I have worked in property management for 5 years now. I was very proficient with my former reservation software but I wasn't getting the full-service I needed from it. When I found Liverez at one of the conferences I was drawn in by real people. They weren't wearing suits and ties and shaking hands. They were having fun and showing off their products. The entire team was in baseball caps and Jersey's. I still think that's why I connected. Because regardless of my excellent website- I'm still one of two small guys managing multiple properties. I'm not rich or famous and I don't have time to fix a tie in the morning. Liverez offers me functions at a glance that I need to know. Sales reports, Reservation Re-caps, the ability to oversea all of my properties occupied calendars- and also easily send guest automatic emails (HUGE PLUS). With my former software I could only take reservations. They had reports but they were so complicated and hard to read- it was easier to create them manually than to try and decode the jumbled spreadsheets I could print out. Another great thing about Liverez is they are listening to their clients- and the industry. This is going to be the key as they go into the future. Other companies that are going under the Homeaway umbrella (which still isn't a bad idea) are working against the evolution of vacation rental management. We are in a new error and the functions we need are not to sync only with Homeaway anymore. Let's face it Homeaway (as large as it is) is not the be-all/end-all of booking properties any more. I think Liverez is a an excellent product because it's listening. And it's growing with me. They often refer to me as a partner. And honestly, I don't feel like a "client." Not because they call me a partner but because they are listening and delivering to my (and other's) needs in this industry.

Victoria

Reviewed September 2012

Life & Time Saver

I highly recommend!

PROS

The website that was designed for my company is very attractive, has streamlined processing and very user friendly. I went from page EIGHT to page ONE within one week from the time of launching on all of the main search engines. The results were immediate as I not only have retained all of my clients, my homeowner/client base increase has doubled every year so far. The guests that use the system are always giving compliments with varying degrees, ranging from attractiveness, ease of use and efficiency. The "backside" of the website is an intricate accounting system and I am happy to say when my clients call with questions regarding accounting, occupancy, billing, etc., I have answers for them within seconds. Customer satisfaction and visibility equals retention of clientele in my book! Training of employees is effortless as the customer service (live, videos or documentation) is excellent. The website has more than paid for itself!

CONS

If I had to pick one or two things, I wish more bookkeepers knew how to use their system that gateways into a customized quick books. I have had to spend a few bucks to get the process functioning and up to speed. If set up correctly upon implementation and your bookkeeper is open to change, this won't be a challenge for you. So, I am not sure that this is actually a "con" of LiveRez... I have not reached the depths of what this website has to offer!

Amy

Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed April 2017

Been with other companies and Liverez has been the best

We have been with Liverez for approx 7 years and are stoked to have a software company that is so responsive and easy to work with. There have been ups and downs throughout the years as any business has but we have found that they listen to their customers and truly try to constantly improve and make our lives as managers easier. The support team is incredible and we feel like everyone is a big ohana (family) Mahalo Liverez from your Kauai ohana at Great Vacation Retreats!

PROS

Online software Customer service Online booking and responsive websites Review system Customizable CRM Airbnb integration Constant desire to provide a better product

Dawn

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Looks great, sounds great, full of holes

They don't take the time to finish what they start, always off to the next shiny object, but they never seem to complete the one they started. Modules cost extra. They have a small base of users that make direction decisions without the broader input or consideration. This is typical of their management. Management focus isn't in the right direction.

PROS

The dashboard for recent bookings, updating reservations.

CONS

Accounting system is full of holes (additional module you have to pay for), reports don't match owner statements, labor intensive - LiveTrust is a major issue. It takes 20 clicks to enter one expense into an owner statement. Broken. We have to manually back taxes out of reservations from Airbnb because they didn't finish the software with the user in mind, and it has been years.

Reason for choosing LiveRez

The platform we were on was more than we needed. At the time in 2013 LiveRez was a good product.

Reasons for switching to LiveRez

Moved to LiveRez in 2013 when Escapia had more functionality then we needed. Escapia is a good platform.

Clara

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

NIGHTLY RENTAL SOFTWARE

I love the program but think it is lacking...and over complicated in some areas.

PROS

I like how this platform is integrated with other online rental platforms.

CONS

I am frustrated that there is not a phone app for the software and that your treasury software takes a degree in rocket propulsion to navigate through the multitude of steps.

Reason for choosing LiveRez

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] endorsement.

Nick

Reviewed June 2018

Overall a great experience from software usage to the support on the other end. Winning combination.

PROS

It has great functionality and easy to use. It offers complete solution to vacation rentals and offers many features. The support on the other end has been awesome. Special thanks to the team for helping us transition from a different platform smoothly. 5 stars.

CONS

Overall, there is nothing I dislike. If there is one thing I can add, it would be to allow more customization on the owner's portal so owners can also run some of their own customized reports.

Bethany

Reviewed February 2017

Okay software, but not awesome

We used Liverez for a while for managing our reservations and vacation rentals website, but ultimately switched to using a combination of MyVR and Escapia. Liverez just didn't have the wealth of features that we needed to manage our growing inventory and increasing number of reservations and the website options through Liverez were not as attractive and easy to use as we would have hoped. MyVr has better, easier, and more attractive website options, and Escapia, though it has flaws, has ultimately given us more of the reservation and accounting features that we wanted.

Hi Bethany, Thanks for the feedback. I just wanted to let you know that we've made strides in a number of these areas since you last used LiveRez back in 2014. We've built our own trust accounting system, came out with our responsive websites, added automated e-Signatures, and also expanded the functionality of the reservation system. We also added a full integration with Airbnb and made it easier for our partners to sync their availability with other listing sites. And, we have a number of exciting new features we plan to release this year, as well, including a guest experience portal/app (in beta) and a new work order system / app (in development). I'd love to show you all the new features we've developed since you moved on. If you're interested in taking a second look, just give me a call at (208) 639-6108 or shoot me an email at r.holderness@LiveRez.com. Rob Holderness Director of Marketing

Replied February 2017

jordan

Reviewed July 2018

Used for condo hotel. Version I had did not have any check in/out or housekeeping function

PROS

I liked the layout of the program as well as the note system. It just did not have enough functions to be useful in our operations

CONS

No check in or check out function, no housekeeping status function. both of those things are basic essentials when running reservation software.

Carol

Reviewed July 2014

Couldnt be happier with my choice to become a LiveRez member

This is my 3rd year with LiveRez. I was the dinosaur that still kept handwritten books and an excel spread sheet. Have owned my small vacation property management company for 25 years. They made it easy for me to convert and I have never been techno-savy. Each problem I encountered was addressed and "Egor" and I are getting along just fine now. I have a manual that I can refer to and if I can not figure it out, I get immediate response from support. They have been very patient with my learning a new trick being an old dog. It has eliminated the human error factor. End of month statements are my favorite. I can close the month and have my owners checks in the mail in half a days work and know that they are accurate. I only have about 25 vacation properties and 5 long term and the amount that I pay per month is very fair as far as I am concerned. I thought I would miss the personal contact with my renters that I have always enjoyed when they called to make their reservations but the ease of on line booking has become a great feature. I still am able to stay in contact and keep those personal relationships alive. I have a large repeat business and some still just want to make their reservations with me by phone. It works!

Zwanet

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2018

All inclusive package for property management, reservation system and website management

Central system for reservations, customer database and website management

PROS

How the system is accessible to the reservation grid, costumer database but also the website design items. I love the fact that it syncs with AirBnB and that other calendars are importable too we've had issues finding software that was customized for property management companies, that work with various home owners. We found it.

CONS

It is too elaborate for what we need, so it's easy to lose the overview in the beginning and it all seems very detailed. But you don't have to use all features and you will find your way and use what is applicable.

Emily

Reviewed June 2018

ALWAYS THE BEST!

PROS

I love how easy it is to use! Their representative is always such a big help when I need it, So those two together, I couldn't ask for anything more!

CONS

Which I knew it better! Still going through videos! Plus I wish I could go to the conference all the time!!

Lauren