• Pros

• "I like the support from the MRI team members."

• "Having everything at your fingertips is pretty amazing. The functionality and clean lines of the software make navigation a breeze. "

• "It's easy search properties and has a great search engine ."

• Cons

• "The system does have a few software bugs. Workarounds need to be developed once bugs are discovered. "

• "It required a lot of customizations and work arounds. A lot of internal support is required."

• "Sometimes, the reports won't run, it freezes up/locks up, and there is a lack of correct export from the Boston Post; I'm not sure if it's due to MRI or Boston Post."

Browse MRI Residential Management Reviews

Been using MRI for almost 10 years

Able to run reports with ease; Is user-friendly. Support is always available.

Pros

Ease of setting up resident files; accessibility of reports and ease of running reports. Ease of processing statement of deposits; works well and integrates well with other software products.

Cons

Works slowly and program often freezes.

Michael from Village Green Management

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Best Residential Management Software I Have Used!

I have worked in property management for numerous years and have experience with six different residential management products. I will admit MRI (like most) can be a little glitchy and slow at times but what it lacks in that it makes up for in the variety of reports you can pull and is probably the easiest system to correct errors in and make changes in. I personally specialize in marketing underperforming properties and so it's so great to be able to pull specific demographics about the resident population and the trends of leasing efforts. MRI is attractive, easy to use and will amaze you with the amount and type of data that can be populated and displayed. In my opinion, this system is the best for competitive leasing agents, and larger properties.

Pros

Huge variety of reports that are a massive help in marketing efforts. Easily correctable errors, to ensure accurate reports.

Cons

Does not allow for "paperless" resident files as easily as other programs, not able to attach PDF's into residents accounts easily.

Tenille from Stable Development

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Taking the next step in productivity

Overall, I am very pleased with MRI. It has streamlined our processes and protocols. We are much more efficient.

Pros

The software makes it easier to see our company as a whole. With multiple entities it was cumbersome to continuously jump back and forth between opening company files. Everything now is just a click of the button. I have real time data to work with and it has made my team much more productive in our daily tasks.

Cons

The implementation was not the best. The training process was a little difficult with doing things via web training, etc. I feel like there is so much more that MRI can do for us that we do not know about. I learned about certain items from other webinars since our implementation and have had to go back and set them up on my own. The trainers also do not have accounting knowledge so when you ask something accounting related it sometimes gets lost in translation.

Reasons for Choosing MRI Residential Management

We chose MRI over Yardi because MRI was more user friendly. It was also half the price.

Reasons for Switching to MRI Residential Management

We switched from our previous software because we are expanding. We have purchased more properties and wanted to get a software that could make our department run smoother and more efficient.

Response from MRI Software

Replied August 2020

Hello Tenille, Thank you so much for taking some time to leave us a stellar review! We are very happy to hear your are pleased with our software an enjoy our user friendly interface. We take your feedback regarding training seriously and will be in contact with you and your team to better serve you as a valued partner! Here's to many more years working together!

Ingrid from Beam living

Easy From one and all I need after 8 years

Good and I have always Recommended Companies will provide its own variations but always good

Pros

Even though training was a choice I learned to use it by navigating by myself and at my pace . All the tools are in the right spot, when changing companies the MRI I found was more evolved with different tools but still the same easy access to all I Needed

Cons

One thing I didn’t like is that when leases for one particular case for instance a 3 months lease , if the company doesn’t provide it then MRI won’t do it , the whole system has to offer it all

Ben from ZMC

MRI Software Makes Our Business Run

Overall, MRI Software makes our multifamily, commercial and accounting silos run smoothly, as it has been ingrained in our business processes for well over a decade. While it can be difficult to get working integrations, as well as the overall license cost being at the highest end of the industry, we can't envision using any other property software in the near or long term.

Pros

The majority of our employee base has been trained on one or more MRI Software products, so just on familiarity and knowledge-base alone having MRI is an absolute must. The amount of modules available for almost every business process there is in our industry is a huge plus. MRI Software is willing to develop/integrate with pretty much any partner out there for a price, which is great. The reports available in MRI are unmatched with any other software we've seen in this space. Support is great and highly knowledgable.

Cons

MRI Software is at the highest end of pricing in the industry. The software is complex and not the easiest to learn. While they are willing to integrate with a wide variety of partners, they can sometimes put the cart before the horse with these, meaning their Development teams tend to roll an integration out without fully testing or anticipating potential issues.

October 2014

Jason from Warren Properties, Inc.

October 2014

Comprehensive yet dated application, difficult communications matrix

Pros

MRI offers quite a wide array of modules and services and partners with virtually all industry leaders in areas where there is no native solution. Their analytics and network of professional services team members is of great value.

Cons

The dual interface (Windows and Web) complicates deployment and support. While the web application is scheduled to receive a more intuitive interface and search option, this is years behind and still does not address the need for the Windows application, which I was dismayed to learn is not really receiving any enhancements or a refresh. Communicating with support is a nightmare, especially with regards to long-standing cases. Even if a tech is assigned to a case, the customer is not allowed to contact this person directly by phone or email. In the event that an issue worsens and requires immediate assistance, it can be virtually impossible to get back to the individual already aware of the case. IRs can also go on for years without being addressed which clearly and negatively impacts the flow of business. Overall, it just seems the sales team is always quick, responsive, and always willing to lend extra effort while support and development can range anywhere from attentive and professional to evasive and impolite.

September 2016

Nyree from Cedar regency

September 2016

Great product

Pros

I like that they are continuing to improve the product and hopefully give us everything we need. I like that they give you upgrades without having to make it yourself, and I definitely like that they changed MRI web so that it was more commercial focused versus residential.

Cons

When we purchased and went live with the product, we were promised things that the software didn't have. I believe that was in the hopes that it would have that eventually.

Brittany from Steadfast

MRI is very easy to use!

I like this platform loads better than OneSite because of the ease of access of information and reports

Pros

I like that it is easy for first time leasing agents to navigate.

Cons

lead tracking could use a bit of an update

Reasons for Choosing MRI Residential Management

wanted an easier platform for new leasers to be able to use and manage leads better

Reasons for Switching to MRI Residential Management

I liked the user face better and had used this product in the past and had no issues with it at all.

Response from MRI Software

Replied October 2020

Hello Brittany, Thank you so much for your kind review! We are happy to hear you enjoy our easy user experience and interface! It is great to know that is ultimately why you chose to switch back to MRI Software. We look forward to many more years together!

Steven from Avalon Bay

Great and Reliable

I have been using MRI for almost 3 years and it's my daily lifeline for business. It integrates very seamlessly with other programs which are a huge benefit, such as MRI and LRO Rainmaker

Cons

I wish there was a way to view multiple resident accounts at once. Also, I wish you could adjust view settings, for example when you type a resident's apartment number I wish their phone number and email address would pop right up.

Herb from Washington Prime Group

MRI Review

We use MRI for AR and Budget and Forecasting the product allows us to store and capture data at the tenant level and roll-up the data to accounts before we transfer to the General Ledger.

Pros

The product is relatively easy to use we do encounter turnover and we are able to bring train users very quickly. MRI does allow for customization we do require customizations to meet the needs of our business. Also the support required for MRI is minimal compared to other options.

Cons

I would like to see the reporting enhanced currently we use other 3rd party applications for reporting because the standard MRI reporting does not meet our needs.

Reasons for Choosing MRI Residential Management

Best fit for our organization the product is scalable and provided the functionality required.

Response from MRI Software

Replied July 2020

Hello Herb, Thank you for your great review! We are happy to hear our Budgeting and Forecasting software serves your needs and is easily customizable. We would love to address your concerns regarding reporting and will circle this back with the team to ensure you have a better experience moving forward.

October 2014

Elliot from Rowley Properties, Inc.

2.5

Has Potential

Pros

MRI is the most reliable software product we have ever used. The system rarely, if ever, experiences downtime or issues with operations that cause the system to be unavailable to our users. I like the direction the vendor is taking the platform and the significant investment they are making in improvements and enhancements.

Cons

Rollouts of new products and services have left a lot to be desired. We paid for licensing for a year and a half on a product that was not implemented due to scheduling and conflicts with their development team. When we raised concern about these issues, we were ignored for several months, and the final result was just not to bill us until the product was working. We were never made whole for the year and a half worth of fees and implementation costs we had already incurred.

Diane from TXRE Properties, LLC

Diane's Review

I love it. But Yardi has a few things better than MRI.

Pros

Easier to use than Yardi. MRI reports are prettier than Yardi.

Cons

Drop Down boxes in AP does not work. It is easier to drill down in Yardi. Stacking Plans are hard to read. Stacking Plans can not download to excel. Printing Income Statement - suppress zeros does not work for our Custom Report. Yardi downloads to excel are 100% better than MRI.

Reasons for Choosing MRI Residential Management

I have been working on Yardi for over 12 years.

Response from MRI Software

Replied July 2020

Hello Diane, Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your kind words and to provide feedback on the product. I will pass along your concerns on the drop down boxes and Excel functionality to your account manager to ensure your user experience continues to be the best. Here's to many more years together!

Karen from Home Properties

MRI's Residential Management from a Long-time User

Pros

The system is fairly easy to use for all types of users. I like the ability to use SQL to query the underlying tables. There are a variety of basic reports that are beneficial in running the business.

Patricia from Security National Properties

Good Product

Good product for office and retail properties.

Pros

Very user friendly and meets all of our needs.

Cons

Customer support is slow sometimes and there are a few glitches that never seem to get cleared up but you can usually find a work around

Reasons for Choosing MRI Residential Management

Was easier to implement and much more user friendly than SAP.

Reasons for Switching to MRI Residential Management

We needed a program that handled more complex issues

Response from MRI Software

Replied July 2020

Hello Patricia, Thank you for taking some time to leave us a wonderful review! I am happy to hear that you experience with MRI over the last couple years has been superior and you find our product to be user friendly! We take your words regarding our customer support very seriously and will circle around to ensure your experience is nothing less than perfect moving forward.

November 2014

Amanda from Community Management Corporation

November 2014

Property Accountant

Pros

The bank reconciliations are rather easy, and the trial balance is easy to read. It saves previously run reports for a period of time. I also like the ability to create automatic reversal entries and the recurring journal entries.

Cons

Joseph from Morrison Products Inc.

Industry: Building Materials

Okay product

Service is good.

Pros

It does the job, however wanted much more flexibility and functionality. To date we have been disappointed.

Cons

Though it would be easier to use. It is not intuitive.

Cost & sales support.

Reasons for Switching to MRI Residential Management

Looking for more flexibility & functionality.

Response from MRI Software

Replied August 2020

Hello Joseph, Thank you for taking some time to leave us a review. We are happy you enjoy our customer service, but your other comments concern us. I have passed along your feedback to your account manager. We hope to speak with you soon.

Heather from Community Management Corporation

October 2014

A truely great learning experience

Pros

Cons

There seem to be some bumps in the road with getting all of the available functions to operate simultaneously. From time to time, there are hiccups, but that is to be expected.

Kellie from CBRE, Inc.

Challenging but effective

I use MRI as a commercial real estate administrator manage accounts payable and accounts receivable. It has helped me deliver clear and accurate reports to my managers, clients and tenants and once you get used to navigating it - which can take awhile - it is one of the most important tools of my job.

Pros

MRI provides an accurate, in-depth view of financial data. It has multiple functions and there are many, many different types of reports that you can run, making it a versatile and steadfast financial tool. I like the ability to run quick rent rolls, ledgers, aged reports and variance analysis which are reports that I need everyday to do my job.

Cons

MRI is not as easy to learn as Yardi and you have to be very careful with your parameters or the report will fail to generate. This can get frustrating when you don't realize which parameter is incorrect. I have also had multiple issues with reports failing to generate through no fault of the parameters set and depending on the size of the report it sometimes can take as long as a few minutes to load.

Tealisha from CmC

A learning experience

Pros

I like the way you can drill down in some of the reports to find further information. The setup is very easy to read and follow when searching for data. I like the feature that you have both sides open in different screens at the same time (i.e. the general ledger and the payables).

Cons

When you run a general ledger report it doesn't show the vendor name in the description of the payable.

Colleen from Midwest Properties

MRI Software Review

We have a fairly small real estate company. We only do commercial properties in MRI currently (not multi-family yet). We decided to start using MRI upon forming the company knowing we were growing rapidly. We only have about 250 commercial leases so the total software cost is probably expensive on a per lease basis but it is well worth having it in place now instead of using something cheaper and then having to do a large complex implementation. My overall experience with MRI is positive and would recommend to anyone in the industry.

Pros

Been a user of MRI for many years. I implemented it twice at two different companies but have used it at three companies. I have used web and windows version. I like the software because it is easy to use and implement. But the greatest benefit in my mind is the customer support and customization that is available. MRI has always been very responsive to helping me address my needs whether it be an issue with the software, a mistake I made or a customization question.

Cons

I wish the communication center was quicker. We use the web version and sometimes the reports take several minutes to become available and sometimes the messages don't appear at all and we have to logout and get back in to reset.

Reasons for Choosing MRI Residential Management

My experience with MRI was primary reason for continuing to use it over the years. I first used the software between 2008-2013. When I changed employers in 2013 and again in 2017, I was placed in charge of Accounting software at both companies. I decided to implement MRI at both companies. One company used an outdated software for the past 10 years which was being phased out by the software vendor. We converted three years of data into MRI during that implementation. The other company was a startup so I didn't need to migrate any data. During both implementations, MRI supplied a lot of support and resources and everything went very smoothly.

Response from MRI Software

Replied July 2020

Hello Colleen, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a great review! We are happy to hear you have used MRI Software in your various positions and enjoy our stellar customer support! We look forward to working with you for many more years to come!

Rhiannon from The CT Group

Change is scary - but sometimes you just have to leap!

Over the course of 12 years and major changes on the MRI side - things haven't always been sunshine and rainbows but I have to say that MRI listens to its clients. They don't always get things right in the beginning but they have always taken our feedback and used it to evolve their offerings. We have worked with a number of other 'industry-leading' software companies and have never had the kind of interactive experience we have had at MRI.

Pros

We migrated from DOS based proprietary software in 2008 to a combined MRI/BostonPost platform. Change is scary and difficult but our experience during implementation was amazing. The implementation team walked us through each area to make sure our end result was exactly as we wanted it!

Cons

Growing pains have been the only real negative issue - but that is expected when you have been with a company that is constantly evolving for 12 years! MRI has a laser-like focus on constantly bringing the software to the next level, but we aren't always ready to level-up so we can see the new tools available but aren't quite able to use them yet - and that is really a reflection of our company, not MRI.

Reasons for Choosing MRI Residential Management

We loved the ease of use right out of the box - the software had a very intuitive user experience for our staff but was dynamic enough to give us next level reporting capability for our clients.

Reasons for Switching to MRI Residential Management

We needed more functionality and found that with the evolution of SaaS environments we could get truly dynamic software for less than the cost to develop and maintain something else.

Response from MRI Software

Replied June 2020

Thank you for the extraordinary review, Rhiannon! We appreciate your partnership and honest feedback. As you mentioned in your review, we are constantly trying to improve based on our clients needs and we are ecstatic to know you've seen it first hand. We will continue to be here for you and your team and look forward to the journey together!

Richard from Syracuse Housing Authority

MRI SOFTWARE - REVIEW FROM PUBLIC HOUSING PERSPECTIVE

MRI is always willing to listen to what we would like to do. They see if their software can adapt to our "wish list" of changes. MRI has involved the users to come up with screen design and software design to help make our jobs easier and the software better.

Pros

Our previous software vendor, Tenmast, was purchased by MRI. Seeing what software was being developed for the Public Housing arena was great. Many features of MRI's current real estate software is being incorporated into our existing software and new products are coming out. MRI has a great vendor partnership that allows the vendor to seamlessly integrate their software with MRI's databases. You get the best of both worlds. A vendor's software that works against your core business software. The vendor selection is fantastic. MRI has also rolled out new features for the Public Housing market that is helping us get our jobs done better and faster. We can't wait for the newest software to come out.

Cons

We have not been able to take full advantage of the MRI software as this is being worked on now. The release date is not until sometime in mid 2021. I see so many features in MRI plus their reports that I could utilize now but must wait.

Response from MRI Software

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your excellent review, Richard! We are excited to welcome you to the MRI family. We are happy to hear the partnership we created with Tenmast has been beneficial for you and we look forward to increasing our capabilities and growing our relationship with you and your team!

Gregory from Lajas Municipal Housing Authority

Happy Software is great.

Housing Pro is very helpful for managing our housing program.

Pros

All the reports that are generated by the software are top notch.

Cons

Sometimes it fails when sending files to the HUD/PIC website. But other than that no problems.

Reasons for Choosing MRI Residential Management

I honestly didn't choose this software at first, someone else did and I kept it on. But I haven't changed it since, so that's says something about it.

Response from MRI Software

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your fantastic review, Gregory! Your kind words mean so much to us! We are thrilled to hear your experience with our reporting capabilities has been top notch and we look forward to many more years together.

Bob from ASAPONLINE

No customer service since ownership changes and a complete lack of understanding during lockdown

When they changed to MRI they changed the way they accepted payments. However they omitted to tell me that 1. They had been bought over by this company from America. 2. They had cancelled the quarterly direct debit and then sent a huge bill. 3. Refused to pause their system during lockdown despite the fact that we were not allowed to write new business. 4. When I asked them for proof that they had informed me of the new payment procedure refused to supply me with any proof whatsoever and claimed " There were press releases informing everyone we had been bought over" To date I have a site I have paid for which is written in a medium that most people can't convert and the site I have paid for is totally unusable. I have requested a Subject Access Report which they have totally ignored and are the most rude, arrogant and unhelpful company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

Pros

It was a good package and the site I paid for to built was excellent as was their help but this is when they were Thesaurus when they were bought over by MRI this all changed unfortunately!

Cons

Liked most of it and the team Thesaurus BEFORE THEY WERE BOUGHT OVER were most helpful

Melissa from The Franklin Johnston Group

Manage Your Investments - The Right Way

Pros

I love that MRI Software allows your to be the owner of your own product. As an Admin and End User, you are in control of the way your data is updated and portrayed even to 3rd party investors. The software allows you to customize and choose your own modules and experience.

Cons

Due to the ever growing nature of MRI's business, there are always updates and new modules to implement or test. While this is exciting and change is inevitable in any software, it can also be overwhelming and chaotic/rushed at times.

Response from MRI Software

Replied June 2020

Hello Melissa, Thank you so much for taking some time to leave a review! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear you love the flexibility our software provides and they ability to customize of our software to fit your needs! We hear you loud and clear regarding the ever-growing nature of our business and will take your comments to improve this.

Annette from NPMA

Intuitive and easy to use and manage.

Pros

This product is easy to navigate through for end users. There is a wide variety of App add-ons available to expand based on your needs, with many that integrate seamlessly. Above all else, the Customer support is OUTSTANDING!! There is always a pleasant, knowledgeable voice on the other end to assist you in a timely manner. MRI is always working on incidents within the system and releasing CMU's.

Cons

As an Administrator, I would like to have more access in the training portal to administer users and see some improvements made to the Training modules. In regards to the courses themselves, the videos need to be edited in order for them to register as being completed properly and it would be beneficial to have the next courses start automatically. Users are confused when trying to navigate through courses and the site in general.

Louise from Fond du Lac Housing Authority

Has MRI acquired too many companies

Pros

MRI acquired a number of Housing Authority software companies. We still are using the software we originally purchased (HAB Inc.) until the new platform is rolled out. The support has been excellent. I have been told the new platform is user friendly. MRI allowed us to change our contract to the same time period as our fiscal year.

Cons

New software package will not include payroll. Sounds like we need to pay for or do business with another company for payroll. I doubt MRI will reduce annual cost to make up for the loss of a program that we are receiving and paying for with the current software. Billing detail could be clearer.

Response from MRI Software

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much for taking some time to review us, Louise! I am happy to hear support has been exceptional. We are excited to have you on board!

Brian from Incubator Finance

MRI Software - for asset management services

Our experience with MRI Software was, at first, touch and go. There were changes in staff and changes in client managers. Once we achieved consistency on the back-end, our experience has been much more beneficial. Our asset management needs have been met by the various pages that can be built out, all of the reports that we can generate with different fields, and the functions that we are able to use with ease on a daily basis.

Pros

What I like the most about the software is that you can add as many functions as you want, and have that functionality specifically tailored to your business needs.

Cons

What I (and my team) like the least about this software is how it seems that some of the bugs or fixes that we need completed ASAP take much longer than they should. If there is just one bug that is causing a problem in our reports, we have to submit a ticket which then gets put into a developer queue. Sometimes it can take a couple weeks for what seems like it should be an easy fix.

Cheryl from Sunchase American

Great Product! Great Customer Service!

This takes care of answering service for all my multi-site communities, plus texting and/or email blasts to residents is a great plus, the package app is a wonderful tool although we've stopped taking packages temporarily due to COVID-19, we will start using it again once this is over.

Pros

I've had CallMax/MRI on my multi site properties for years, I love the option of texting and emailing blasts to residents and pricing is very reasonable. I like the automated answering service too. Customer Service is great, any issues either I or my managers have had is always handled quickly.

Cons

Can't think of anything I dislike about it.

Reasons for Switching to MRI Residential Management

Call Insights did not have texting, or emailing so we used IRIO in addition to Call Insights and then CallMax came along with having both at a lesser rate which saved us money to boot!

Response from MRI Software

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much for your excellent review, Cheryl! We are ecstatic to hear you love our Callmax product and are able to use all of its functionality to its full potential! We look forward to many more years together!

MRI Software

I have had consistently great customer support from MRI going all the way back to 2004!

Pros

MRI Software is highly customizable using the built-in toolkit. Integrations are easy to manage using built-in or custom APIs. The ecosystem is very flexible based on your needs, anything from a single server to a large multi-server farm or setup your environment with the MRI SaaS services.

Cons

Multi-database support can be a little challenging. Software updates are always system wide.

Response from MRI Software

Replied July 2020

Thank you for taking some time to leave us a great review! We are happy to hear you have been with us since 2004 and have enjoyed our great customer support since then! Thank you for mentioning our flexible ecosystem and highly customization platform. We look forward to another 16 years working together!

Randal from Red Wing HRA

Service is the Key

Excellent. We are getting service when we need it.

Pros

There are lots of good software available for housing and redevelopment authorities, but the key to making it work is the service behind the software. MRI Software gives us that service. Also, they are always innovating and that is much appreciated. Time can go by fast and before you know it, you are working with obsolete software if innovation is not constant.

Cons

Sometimes we would appreciate a little bit more interaction with MRI.

Reasons for Switching to MRI Residential Management

MRI purchased the company.

Response from MRI Software

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your great review, Randal! We are ecstatic to hear you are happy with our customer service and appreciate our innovative nature! We look forward to interacting with you and your team more in the future.

April from MGP Properties

MRI Callmax

I have had no issues with MRI and our customer service person, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is awesome!

Pros

1.We really like that you can get messages so many different ways. 2. We like that it records the call between maintenance and the resident on emergency calls. 3. It is great that you can record a message if you have a temporary change.

Cons

1. The call back feature that blocks the personal number is only available in the emergency maintenance mailbox. All other mailboxes it shows the phone number.

Response from MRI Software

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much for your review, April! We are happy to hear you are pleased with the overall features of our products and think our customer service is awesome! We look forward to continuing our partnership for years to come.

Kelly from City of Ashland Housing Authority

Industry: Individual & Family Services

My Review LOL

We use MRI for our Housing Data Base. I have found it to be extremely helpful, and the tech support team is absolutely amazing.

Pros

I think its very user friendly. I wish it were a little easier to navigate between different sections. It would be awesome if we in occupancy and were able to jump over to that tenants TARS page, instead of having to do a search in both.

Cons

My least favorite part is the utility allowance module. It isn't very user friendly.

Response from MRI Software

Replied June 2020

Hello Kelly, Thank you for your outstanding review and ratings!! We are so happy to hear that you are pleased overall with our platform and we certainly appreciate the feedback you provided below! We are constantly looking for ways to improve for our customers.

Angela from Mulberry Properties

Easier than previous answering service!

It's nice not having to turn the answering service on and off every morning and evening or anytime I leave the office. I also love that it gives the caller a choice to help direct their call to whoever will be able to address their concern or answer their question through a message. I like that we can send a rapid response without having to call every person back in the event of a maintenance emergency.

Pros

I like that I can set it up in advance and schedule who will be notified when a call comes in and that it's automatically going to answer rather than me having to turn it on and off every time I will be out of the office.

Cons

Some of the features were confusing at first but I was able to play around and figure it out with some use.

Reasons for Choosing MRI Residential Management

Price for services covered.

Reasons for Switching to MRI Residential Management

This was a company wide decision to make getting calls and messages more easy to manage.

Teresa from SDPMI

Everything I need right at my finger tips!

MRI is a great management software, but lacks things I was looking for like self teaching tutorials.

Pros

I have a variety of reports available to help me track rents, delinquency, budgets, and much more.

Cons

I feel you must have training to fully use this software, it is not self learner friendly.

Response from MRI Software

Replied January 2019

Hi Teresa, Thanks for giving us a thoughtful review! I'm happy to hear that the reports have the flexibility you're looking for. I'm sorry you haven't gotten the training resources you need. We have a variety of training options available that I'd be happy to connect you with. Could you please email me at matt.harrell@mrisoftware.com and I will point you to the correct resources? Best, Matt Harrell MRI Software

Rebecca from Cushman

Best Accounting Software out there

It's very user friendly, has more options than you would probably ever use and it's somewhat reasonably priced compared to Yardi.

Pros

We use it for our accounting for tenants and payables. This is the most user friendly software there is out there for property management. My favorite by far.

Cons

It is not as compatable with other systems like Yardi is that's why people tend to use Yardi more than MRI.

Response from MRI Software

Replied April 2020

Thank you for the great review, Rebecca! We are thrilled to hear you're happy with our user-friendly property management software and are proud you call our solution a favorite! We look forward to serving you and your team for many years to come! -The MRI Team

Denise from The Donaldson Group

Pros and Cons of MRI

I have been using MRI for 15+ years. I find it to be very dependable and is growing with the industry

Pros

MRI software is user friendly. It oesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but the basics work. Other products that have all the bells and whistles fail with the basics.

Cons

Report design is difficult, tutorials are not helpful. MRI support is very slow to respond and could take weeks or longer for a resolution.

Response from MRI Software

Replied June 2020

Hello Denise, thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoy our user-friendly platform. We appreciate your feedback regarding support and tutorials. We will be in contact with you and the team to remediate this.

Melissa from City of Ashland Housing Authority

New User

The customer service is great. The program works for our daily Housing Authority needs.

Pros

It's simple to use and you can find things pretty easy. Entering applications, making rent payments, along with work orders are easy to do. Still learning what all the program has to offer.

Cons

Notes in tenant files should be easier to find under Occupancy. Receipts shouldn't be numbered unless posted the payment-it renumbers when you "X" out (hit a wrong button etc.). A small video tutorial for new users that can be sent when setting up logins-auto sends?

Response from MRI Software

Replied June 2020

Hello Melissa, Thank you so much for taking the time to review MRI Software! We are glad to hear you enjoy our customer service and user friendly platform. Thank you for your feedback on the tenant files! We will pass your suggestions along to the team!

A must-have for residential real estate

Pros

So many features! I'm a numbers guy, so my favorite feature is definitely the robust reporting. I can always stay on top of property performance and cut the data however I want. The challenge is making sure that data gets where it needs to be (making sure the team inputs it in a timely manner)

Cons

It still feels a bit dated from our resident's perspective. They're used to using apps like Uber, Lyft, Instagram, etc. with great UX and a modern feel. MRI still feels "dated" in comparison. It's also very expensive. We think it's worth it for our needs, but we definitely have to have a conversation every year when we're planning our budget.

Andy from Stark Enterprises

Great Accounting Real Estate Software

I have used other software, and MRI is a great overall software for accounting use in real estate. Rather happy.

Pros

I like the windows version of MRI as its very user friendly and fast. The reporting and windowed setup is great for running multiple reports over and over. Everything is where it should be.

Cons

I dislike that they are migrating to a newer web based design. For what we use the software for, the windows version operates quicker and is more efficient. Every time there is an update though, there seems to be more issues than fixes.

Vendor management and reporting for over seven years

Pros

I like that MRI interface is user-friendly and the reports are easy to run. I also like that the reports can be exported to PDF as well as Excel spreadsheets.

Cons

Since my company has been using the web-based version of MRI, MRI X, it has increased the start up time. When before it took a couple of seconds for the program to load, it can take up to 1-2 minutes for it to load now. Not too bad, but it can seem like forever when you need to run a report or enter a new vendor in a rush.

Ashley from Southwood Realty

MRI GREAT SOFTWARE FOR FINANCIALS AND RECORD KEEPING

Overall, i have been using this software for years. The updates keeps you on trend with what you need to know and making your life easier for accounting and record keeping.

Pros

MRI is user friendly and easy to learn. There are many different was to use the software from accounting to record keeping.

Cons

Some of the functions that you think will work for you, don't always do what you want them to do. This can make things more time consuming and complicated.

Haley from Southwood Realty

Without MRI, it would be impossible to manage our properties!

Pros

I love the organization MRI used to keep our property running smoothly. I love that I can pull a boxscore to review our leads and know where our traffic is coming from. The reports make it easy to keep up with the multiple things going on at a property. This software keeps you updated, has too many wonderful features to list, and should be used at every property management company!

Cons

Because of the in-depth and multi-functional system, MRI can take some time getting used to and time learning. After some practice, MRI will be your best friend and you will wonder how you did it without it!

Haley from Southwood Realty

MRI: Where would we be without it?

I love using this daily. It keeps our property organized and allows our business to run smoothly.

Pros

This software allows us to track prospects/residents at our property, run reports, keep records easily, and keep up with work orders all in one!

Cons

Sometimes, MRI can freeze or lag, like any software. It corrects itself and then works fine. It also takes some time to learn; however, it’s not complicate and you catch onto it quickly.

Peggy from Altman Management

Boston Post Review

program does what it is intended for.

Pros

Product is very user friendly for the end user.

Cons

Program has several instances that could be minimized by the number of steps it takes to get to the end.

Better options

Response from MRI Software

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your great review, Peggy! We appreciate you taking the time to leave some kind words about us! We are happy to hear you enjoy our user friendly platform and your feedback on the product. We will circulate it back to the team!

Amy from Hcp

Great customer support

MRI holds alot of date and we are working to be able to export the data in a user format.

Pros

The customer support is great. They are able to help with mostly any question! All you have to do is call the 1800 number.

Cons

The bach reports are nice, but it would be great if there was a way to change the date on the whole batch, not have to go I to each report within the batch to enter the date.

Oscar from Hispanic Housing

MRI User Review

My experience has overall been positive.

Pros

It is user friendly and has good reports and a big fan of the budgeting module.

Cons

In the MRIX I don't care for the bank reconciliation feature compared to the Windows version.

Response from MRI Software

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your great review, Oscar! We are happy to hear you're experience overall has been positive! We appreciate your feedback on the bank reconciliation feature - we will circle that back to the team.

Great for helpdesk

It is a very good software for helpdesk use, could do a bit on an improvement on the vision reporting. It could improve the delay on receiving work orders on mobiles.

Pros

It is easy to use, you don't need to open multiple windows as all info and tabs are accessible. Easy to export to excel. Arranging columns and search option.

Cons

The mobile service is really slow, main system crashes every now and then and does run slow.

Great Tool for Collections and Work Orders

Pros

The update has really made it easier to use/access. It has dual functioning for rent collection, past resident rental record, vacancy, integration with leasing systems, and work order management.

Cons

It's difficult to learn for new users on the admin side. There's always a report I want to pull but it's not an available report in the system.

Danny from Pacific Coast Comm'l R.E.

MRI Review

easy to use.

Pros

User friendly. System support is excellent.

Cons

Aged delinquency report processing time is too long.

Response from MRI Software

Replied July 2020

Hello Danny, Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave some words about our software. We're happy to hear you love our support and enjoy our user friendly interface! We will follow up with you regarding your aged delinquency report as we take this feedback seriously.