Pilera Software

Pilera Software Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I also love that Pilera offers great customer service that is professional, reliable, and provides resolution when I have an issue."
  • icon"Software is easy to use, aesthetically pleasing, and very user friendly. Customer service/support is always so helpful and quick to respond (Rhonda is our go-to and she is incredible!)."
  • icon"The ability to provide a Resident Portal to every homeowner or tenant. The product support is exceptional."
  • icon"Sometimes figuring out warnings can be challenging. I have had complaints from investors about using Pilera because they have multiple names as Owners and can't link all their accounts in a login."
  • icon"I don't like that we can not set households up."
  • icon"We use the email feature the most. And the lack of customization is frustrating at times."

All Pilera Software Reviews

I love that I can contact my HOA on my time.

Pros

Finding time to contact my HOA while they are open and I am not at work can be difficult, that is why i love being able to communicate through the portal. I also never have to worry about missing anything since I can just check online.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about the site other than it took a little bit of time for our account to get set up. Otherwise, I love everything.

Carlos

Dependable, Scalable, Consolidates, basis for our recent success!

We have been in the business for nearly 30 years, in that time we have seen many offerings in the marketplace. We moved to Pilera from another product that was considered the leader in our industry for years. We moved away due to constant glitches with our old provider's product and the lack of support to rectify them. Our expectations with Pilera have been exceeded. Our business has grown at a pace we have not experienced ever. A great amount of this success is due to Pilera. We use Jenark as our financial platform and Pilera integrates with it seamlessly and many other financial platforms. We have not experienced any significant technical issues with our integration. Our office now runs all our resident interface and communications through Pilera. The resident portals have been a big hit with our residents. I can't tell you how happy our Boards are with our reporting capabilities. What we really appreciate from a business perspective is the level of support and the constant improvement culture Pilera exhibits. They don't rest on their laurels. They continue to improve on their offerings.

Pros

We can document every interaction with our residents. It has built-in ticketing/tracking abilities. We can customize who we send communications to. from an individual to the entire community. It gives us the ability to know if the messages are received and opened. Provides us with the ability to provide a Document repository for every community. The ability to provide a Resident Portal to every homeowner or tenant. The product support is exceptional!

Cons

Set up takes a bit of getting used to. In the beginning, the flexibility the product offers can delay finding the best level of efficiency.

Reasons for switching to Pilera Software

We moved away due to constant glitches with our old provider's product and the lack of support to rectify them. Their support was nonexistent.

Response from Pilera Software

Hi Carlos, Thank you so much for sharing your experience using Pilera - we really appreciate it! We're happy to learn that you've seen a lot of growth at your company with Pilera and that your Board members and residents love it! Thanks again!

Judy

On the fence

Pilera had been implemented by the time i started working here. i was trained to basically use the software to email residents for communication. In regard to that function it has worked great.

Pros

I do like that the software itself is very easy to use. Functionality is great for very basic things. Granted I probably haven't used all of the features that are available and that is something i need to explore further.

Cons

We use the email feature the most. and the lack of customization is frustrating at times. For example the residents dislike the borders of the emails but that is something we cannot change. I do appreciate that the development team is taking our feedback and making pilera more functional.

Response from Pilera Software

Hi Judy, thank you for reviewing Pilera and sharing your experience with our development team! We're always happy to hear about what our clients like and what could be improved. Our customer support team has been in touch with you and will continue to work with you to improve your Pilera experience.

19 months live with Pilera Property Management

Unit owners being to self-help. A lot of them do online work orders and print their own forms (ie: application to sell or lease, covenant to run) to submit when needed.

Pros

Pilera is very willing to listen and make adjustments to the software if they see the value and how it help all of their clients. This is what they promised me before the change and they in my opinion made changes I have asked about and others that I have appreciated. This is why I value Pilera and recommend them to all Associations.

Cons

The time it takes the programmers to adjust the software. When we asked if they could make the contacts searchable it took over a month. But I know this was not something every Association would want. Pelican Cove uses the contact information for gate entry so making it searchable helps when Lowes comes in for a delivery and does not know the unit number they are going to.

Reasons for choosing Pilera Software

Their promise to listen to the needs of the Association.

Reasons for switching to Pilera Software

Unit owners had difficulties with seeing work orders, their accounting status, and communication via phone/test was too costly.

Response from Pilera Software

Hi Sarah, It was great seeing you at the CAI Annual Conference last week! Thank you for sharing your experience using Pilera, we appreciate it a lot! The contact search is a great suggestion that many of our clients are finding beneficial. We run our releases on a monthly schedule which might explain the time it took to roll out this new feature. Thanks again for your feedback!

Elizabeth

Practical & User-Friendly Software

Management is lovely, professional, and responsive. Very pleasant working relationship and I genuinely like these people.

Pros

Pilera is extremely user-friendly, both for the management company and for the clients. We particularly like how aesthetically pleasing the interface and communications appear, and how it can be used to reverse 911 for any urgent notices needed.

Cons

I wish for more font choices, and I don't care for the new library - prefer the legacy version.

Reasons for switching to Pilera Software

The interfacing was more flexible and had more options at the time. I understand SenEarthCo has added more to their software to make it competitive against firms like Pilera.

Response from Pilera Software

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for reviewing Pilera! We're always happy to hear about what our clients like and what could be improved, as that helps us to develop new features for our client base. We'll send your feedback about the font choices and the document library back to our development team. Thanks again!

Replied April 2021

Sierra

Easy to use software and outstanding customer service

I personally enjoy using Pilera. I think it is simple to use on both sides of the spectrum. I especially like it to track tasks. I love being able to re-assign tickets to other employees. I love that there is a history that we can reference when someone calls in about an issue. I love that we have the Knowledge base and how simple that is to use. I think the Document Library is an amazing tool to provide to our clients. I enjoy the idea of having the options to create calendars and to utilize a directory. I love the simplicity of sending out multiple or single welcome messaged and how easy it is to make administrative changes. Overall, I believe that this software was well designed and provides a great tool for management companies as well as residents. There are so many wonderful features and products that can just what a property management company, an HOA Board, or resident is looking for to get tasks done or look up information.

Pros

I love that the software is not complicated. It is very user friendly. I love that it provides a "go-to" place for our residents to keep up with the community and their accounts. I also love that Pilera offers great customer service that is professional, reliable, and provides resolution when I have an issue.

Cons

My main complaints with Pilera would be the Unassigned folder. I believe this feature allows for the opportunity for issues or correspondence to slip through the cracks. Sometimes figuring out warnings can be challenging. I have had complaints from investors about using Pilera because they have multiple names as Owners and can't link all their accounts in a login. Also, I have had complaints from people that they can get an actual statement from Pilera for lenders when they need it. The transaction history is not always acceptable by lenders.

Reasons for choosing Pilera Software

I was not involved with this discussion/decision.

Tawny

Easy to Use Product with Great Customer Service!

I love working with Pilera for its functionality and especially appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for all their help. They are always super fast to respond to questions. They have been extremely nice and a pleasure to work with.

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate through which makes it simple to explain to clients. Pilera is also always making improvements and adding more features making it better every year.

Cons

The software is great! I would love for them to add a feature to allow for violation letter templates and disbtribution, otherwise, it has everything we need.

Response from Pilera Software

Thank you Tawny for your review on our software and customer support team! We are always thrilled to hear feedback from our clients and that helps us to develop new features and improvements to our product. We will send your feedback on the violations back to our development team.

Replied March 2020

Robert

Condo Association communication

Communications with owners

Pros

Integrates with TOPS, easy to edit website,

Cons

Until recently lack of recuing events in calendar, thanks for adding. Would like to see the ability to pull custom reports accessing all fields in the data base.

Reasons for choosing Pilera Software

features, ease of use, we bought after the improved calendar was added which had stopped us earlier.

Reasons for switching to Pilera Software

We were allowed to build a test site and see how it worked. We found out after the fact on the prior app

Response from Pilera Software

Hi Robert, thank you for reviewing Pilera and sharing your experience with the website feature! We're always happy to hear about what our clients like and what could be improved, as that helps us in developing new features. We'll send your feedback about the custom reports to our development team. Thanks again!

Carrie

Very user friendly

Pros

Cons

I do wish there was a message archive for owners new to the software to be able to view messages that have been sent to the community prior to their signing up.

Response from Pilera Software

Hi Carrie, thank you for reviewing Pilera and sharing your experience with our software and our customer support team! We're always happy to hear about what our clients like and what could be improved. This helps us to bring new features our clients can benefit from. We'll send your feedback about the owner message archives to our development team. Thanks again!

Angela

Excellent

Pros

I love the ease of communicating with the membership, the languages the messages allow users to pick, and the tracking of the membership when adding and removing people from the system.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about the system.

Reasons for choosing Pilera Software

We chose it due to cost and ease into a communication system.

Response from Pilera Software

Hi Angela, thank you for sharing your experience with Pilera! We're always thrilled to hear what our clients like the best about the communication feature!

Replied April 2021

Shawn

Pilera Review

Pros

The customer service team is incredible at helping you navigate through any issue you may be having with the software. We are able to provide our clients with answers to their Pilera questions thanks to the responsiveness of the customer service team.

Cons

I am hoping for more filtering option when it comes to generating resident or address reports on the software.

Response from Pilera Software

Hi Shawn, Thanks for your review and for sharing your experience with our customer support team! Our team has reached out to learn more about the resident/address filtering report options you mentioned in the review.

Replied September 2021

Jesus

Good product but I need to know or use better their options and functionality

Pros

Easy to use, and time of response, they help me to set our communities

Cons

Updated from customers, can be direct in pilera

Best option in Costa Rica

Bob

Efficiency and Effectivenes

I have used Pilera for over ten years. It has been one of the most reliable elements in my company. The managers and the clients are very happy with it.

Pros

As stated in the title, this product has helped our company become more efficient and more effective in our everyday tasks.

Cons

The changes to the document library were a bit cumbersome initially but we have learned to appreciate them.

Response from Pilera Software

Hi Bob, thanks for sharing your experience using Pilera! We're happy to hear our software product has helped your team and clients increase efficiency! Thanks again!

Norman

Condo Management

This has streamlined our historical data and compiled most of our processes into one place.

Pros

Work Order tracking and contractor assignment

Cons

lack of search features and document library ease of use for residents

Response from Pilera Software

Hi Norman, Thanks for sharing your experience using Pilera. We always appreciate hearing what our clients like about the product and what could be improved. We've sent your feedback on the document library to our development team.

Shauna

Wonderful website, easy to use

Pilera support is always available. They offer wonderful support and training tutorials.

Pros

Very helpful portal. Easy to communicate with owners and managers, love the maintenanace work order options.

Cons

I liked the old document library better than the new one.

Response from Pilera Software

Hi Shauna, Thanks for sharing your experience using Pilera. We always appreciate hearing what our clients like about the product and what could be improved.

Replied September 2021